All LastPass Reviews

Cat

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

LastPass is the last place for password!

Jake

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

PROS

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

CONS

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Reason for choosing LastPass

I considered Bitwarden as a free alternative, but sometimes open-source solutions can be harder to tailor for use with teams. Lastpass clearly came out as superior with its long array of team-sharing features.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Bitwarden was a free solution. While it has high-level encryption, It didn't have the ease of use or the team features that LastPass has.

Jeff

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

LastPass -a Secure Password Manager for Team Collaboration

Very positive as we need an easy to access, but secure, way to share passwords & credentials among work teams and clients. Our 50+ employee agency has used LastPass for 2+ years and we have never wavered on it's value.

PROS

We have a team of 50+ at our agency and LastPass is our go-to password/credential manager. It's super simple to set up, share access and manage passwords across teams and even clients. And LastPass takes security very very seriously with 2FA and authentication a key priority. We have to be ultra-sensitive to security as an agency as we handle so many credentials for client's websites, FTP and marketing tools.

CONS

The UI is good but not great. I find myself wanting to create a folder but the iconography is a bit confusing so I'll create a record. Easy to go back and do it right but I find myself making the same mistakes. The folder hierarchy could also be a bit better organized but it's not too bad. They are improving and updating all the time.

Reason for choosing LastPass

LastPass simply seemed like it had it all: security, UI, organization, sharing options. The others seemed very similar but we were more comfortable with LastPass's reputation and staying ability.

Seth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

A white-washed tomb

It was great... until it wasn't.

PROS

The product is easy to use and works really well. However, this isn't important if it doesn't actually do the one thing its supposed to: i.e. keep your passwords and information secure.

CONS

I do not trust LastPass after the way they handled the breaches in late 2022. The intentionally made their communication vague and confusing to try to hide their poor management of our data. Their customer support is also lacking. When we went to turn off auto-renew on our enterprise subscription so that we could finish out the year but not purchase another, they deactivated our account. Luckily we didn't lose any passwords, but we did lost access to the admin dashboard which would have been helpful in the transition. And would be absolutely vital to a larger organization. Been in contact with their support about it and I'm pretty sure they are lying to me about what happened.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Because some of our staff was already using LastPass. However we have NOW switched to Bitwarden because LastPass has proved themselves untrustworthy with our data.

Dave

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

LastPass takes the headache out of password management

PROS

The autofill and auto save passwords is very convenient. Users are prompted to save passwords when they sign in to a new webpage/account. This helps avoid issues of users forgetting to add a password once the account is created.

CONS

Each time a user tries to sign in on a device, it sends an email to confirm. I don't have an issue with that security feature, but it is annoying that when the user tries to sign in it doesn't say that it sent the email to confirm, it says something like "there was an error logging in". I have had multiple users call me trying to figure out why it isn't working.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Secure password sharing was a very high priority for us and LastPass had the best options for that.

Hollie

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Review for LastPass

With the ability to do my job smoothly, I enjoy the feature to my work computer. I don't need to waste time remembering my password and wasting other peoples time when on a phone call.

PROS

In enjoy LastPass for the password vault. I have the need to long into multiple websites throughout my day and needing to input a password for each long in can be tedious. LastPass remembers my password and auto fills for the login making my job faster and my clients I speak to don't need to deal with me fumbling to my book if I forget my password.

CONS

I don't have a lot of complaints. The website will log me out fully from time to time but I know its for verification purposes to check your primary password.

Patrick

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Excellent password and profile management

I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

PROS

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

CONS

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Don't trust the other companies to protect my information.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Ease of use and better features.

Brian

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2019

Secure your online presence with LastPass

What is LastPass? The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

PROS

Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

CONS

For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

Reason for choosing LastPass

All of these have similar offerings, but LastPass extensions are available more widely and are usually the first ones to get offered on new browsers/platforms.

Price

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

My favorite password management app!

Overall, I've loved using Lastpass to store all of my work passwords as well as all of my passwords and secure information for my personal life and family. It's made it so much easier to use safe, one-time passwords for each login, instead of one login that gets used everywhere.

PROS

I love how easy it is to use. I love the auto-fill icons that appear on login screens and the "Generate a Password" feature that makes it so incredibly simple to create and use very secure, completely unique passwords for each of my accounts.

CONS

It can seem a little difficult to learn for new users, especially if you don't have a background in tech/computer security. The password resetting process is also really inconvenient and difficult, but I suppose maybe that is by design.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Through the recommendation of a friend of mine who was a computer software and security engineer. I love how it syncs between devices and I can share logins at work with coworkers who need specific access to things. I really love the Chrome extension of Lastpass as well.

Hoang

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

PROS

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords. The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

CONS

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow. Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Lastpass is easier to use and is more popular

Lastpass is more popular

Dalibor

Maritime, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Password manager number one

Altough not perfect, this is best password manager and only acceptable with lot of features on Android. Windows is being done with any competitor, Android is really fully covered with lot of functionalities.

PROS

Laspass is password manager on steroids. Most important, it allows autocomplete and generating (and remembering) secure passwords. Passwords can be shared with coworkers securely. All you need is to remember one secure passwords and let lastpass help you remember or generate passwords for any site or application.

CONS

Autocomplete has issues sometimes, it closes the window, but that's rarely. Password sharing with coworkers could be more intuitive. Password generator is decent but "readable" passwords are still bit complicated (if you want to remember password specifically). Master password can be reset if you have access to your mail (that's ok functionality, but not secure). They also had breaches which is not great.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Android autocomplete features and simplicity of use on Android devices.

Lamia

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Effective but reputation is a worry

overall good although I have been told that some of our data did make it into the dark web!

PROS

The ease of use and pop up support to help manage a large number of passwords in a business

CONS

The reputation of leaks and hacks in the press

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I thought this would be safer that simply using Google Workspace / Password Manager

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

PROS

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

CONS

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Best value and features, with the cross-platform integration for users accessing their passwords a gigantic selling point.

Goran

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

The absolute best in password security

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

PROS

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

CONS

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Reason for choosing LastPass

LastPass premium price is very affordable and it looks and feels much better than the competition. I must admit, the price was the main reason.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Dashlane is very expensive and LastPass offered a free version (that I later upgraded rather recently when they switched their free account policy).

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

PROS

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

CONS

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I received a year of LastPass Premium in a software bundle. After trying it out I found LastPass to be more convenient to use.

Reviewed March 2022

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

PROS

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

CONS

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Primarily the price, but I prefer the way that Last Pass integrates with the browser over most alternatives.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I wanted a cloud based data sync that had good cross platform usability. Having the mobile application and credential integration in iOS and Android is a must.

Reviewed July 2019

Best Password Manager - Minus the Breeches

I've used it for close to 10 years, can't say I'd keep using it if it were bad. We tried Dashlane and while it had better security, the mobile features weren't as good, so we reverted back to LastPass.

PROS

Easy to use. Works on both desktop and mobile so I don't have to choose. Sharing passwords is easy.

CONS

There have been multiple data breeches and it is sometimes "too easy" to use. This can be a plus and a minus. Someone can hop on my computer, without any verification and everything is available to see.

Cheaper, easier, password sharing

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Mobile worked better and it was easier to share in the company

Nick

Machinery, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

Game changing tool.

Seriously, a game changer for our team. Allows users to have access to their own passwords vaults on both their PCs, Macs, mobile devices. But then we also have shared accounts that we manage as a team. It's nice to be able to share and manage those accounts, so when a user leaves the company, they're not taking credentials for these accounts with them. It's been a great tool for us.

PROS

LastPass makes keeping track of passwords possible, even for a team using shared accounts. For the most part, it handles creating / managing sites completely on its own. Easy to share / export lists or vaults. Makes it possible to manage access to passwords when a team member leaves the company, etc. Has been a great tool for us.

CONS

It can be a little cumbersome to setup the first time, but it's not because of the tool, just because of the amount of information that needs to be entered.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

We switched from KeePass due to simpler cross platform implementation (we had many PCs, a few Macs, and iOS / Android devices to support).

Nikodem