(1,601)

1,601

• Pros

• "i actually really love this product! i recommend this to everyone!"

• "This product is quite use friendly and easy to use"

• "Very easy to install and very simple to use. Has kept my computer virus free for years. Would highly recommend."

• Cons

• "It is a very good program, but it is very basic and could have more available overall features and options."

• "Interface could be a little better but is still 'very good'"

• "Great as an addition or backup but perhaps not the best choice for your primary virus protection"

Browse Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business Reviews

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Pros

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Cons

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Malwarebytes' reputation is very good and reviews by other users were mostly sterling. It is a streamlined product and doesn't bother users with marketing spam.

Victor from Quimica Júnior

Malwarebytes - The antivirus that we truly need

I have been using Malwarebytes for almost a decade. Since then, i have had no negative reviews for this wonderful tool. Since its first installation on one of my personal computers, i was able to realize the real benefits of this software, its highly sharp detection allowed me to get rid of threats that were not detected by other antiviruses considered as the best sellers on the market. For this reason, i did not hesitate to acquire the Malwarebytes premium license, which I have had since 2012. In this long journey with the software, i was able to realize all its capacity, its rapid detection and efficiency, in addition to the excellent blog and "malwarepedia" that is maintained in name of the company that manages the software, explaining the behavior of all types of known viruses and how they affect computers, thus helping to prevent machine infection. Its protection against any threat found on the internet is wonderful, together with its quick scan to detect any contaminated files that are connected to your machine, make Malwarebytes my number one tool to solve any problem related to scam attempts and fraud on the Internet. It is with great pleasure that I will continue to renew my license for this incredible software, which surprises me more and more with its capabilities and its assistance.

Pros

1 - Friendly interface. 2 - Extremely easy to use. 3 - Detects the most known types of malware found in everyday life, and other less known ones. 4 - Free version with several features. 5 - Different tools for different types of threats. 6 - One of the most reliable and trustworthy antivirus that i've ever used in my life. 7 - Very efficient threat detection.

Cons

1 - After the expiration of the premium version, the free version have fewer scans and lesser threats detections.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Faster detection, cheaper plans, more efficient and with a much more friendly interface.

Scott from SearchMaster Software

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Pros

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Cons

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Pros

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Cons

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

The dependability of malware bytes.

Greg from GEFNET

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Pros

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Cons

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Because MWB is superior product they have the team and research to support their claims and their success speaks for itself.

Mark from Sokos

The one and only malware scan you must use right now

Use on most managed machines.

Pros

It really is the most simple product to use on the market and running a Malwarebytes scan will bring everything to the table where a Norton or similar scan wouldn't be able to find anything near.

Cons

Not too much I can really think of, if put on machine as trial the popup can be rather annoying to pay to upgrade but that really is needed for them to be compensated for the product.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Performance and quality much better with Malwarebytes.

Awesome!

Five star! I love how it works on everything from computers to cellphones, I license does all my equipment.

Pros

I love Malwarebytes, I had been using other programs that were not doing the job. Since switching over I have had no problems. I love how I can have different computers setup to scan at different hours during my business closed times. Price is great too!

Cons

If you do not set the scan time to an off time the scanning will slow down the computer. This is ok and can be adjusted. Just make not, as it will automatically scan daily.

Great Anti-malware With Room For Improvement

Pretty good protection with decent management controls.

Pros

Great security, relatively easy to set up, lots of visibility on all devices. Recommended for small to mid size businesses

Cons

Management Console for enterprise lacks certain feature. Could use more reporting functions and ability to delete certain malware remotely.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Big player, proven track record, decent pricing.

Best software for device protection

Pros

This product is quite use friendly and easy to use

Cons

I dont think that there are any cons or any feature I like the least, every functionality works superb

Michele from Quidel

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Add On Protection

For one of my personal PC's I purchased this as the stand alone protection -- pitting it against a user that definitely likes to live on the risky side. It did an admirable job protecting that system.

Pros

This is a great program for when you know there's something that has slipped through your defenses and you are having trouble routing it out. There have been several occasions that this program has saved the day.

Cons

I'm not sure it's fair, but like most people I use the bigger brands of antivirus protection and tend to use this as a rescue/extra scan.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Less obtrusive to user -- Less pop-ups and prompts.

Kristina from Pay It Forward Asset Recovery

Malwarebytes is dependable

I have had, overall, a very positive experience with Malwarebytes. I have been using them for years, and I will continue to use this program, until another comes along that is better.

Pros

User Friendly. It is one of my go to security programs for my business. I find it very user friendly and dependable. When/if Malwarebytes detects malware it quickly quarantines it, which makes it easy to remove for me. It has real time protection that gives me peace of mind when I am working or surfing the net. I like the automatic scan feature. I can set a time for Malwarebytes to scan my computers, everyday. This is essential for a business like mine that deals with sensitive information. I need to know my computers are free from ransomware, malware, and viruses. Lastly, this program is very affordable.

Cons

This isn't a fulblown antivirus program, so I still have to have an antivirus to use in addition to this program. I used to use to the free version on my personal computer and, after the trial is over, the program has a pop up window that tries to entice you to upgrade, that pops up every few hours, everyday, until you upgrade or delete the program. That is annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

I can use it in conjunction with my current antivirus program, to enhance security. It was easy to use and dependable.

Julianna from J.Marie Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Meets My Needs!

Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Cons

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Malwarebytes had a free version that was able to show what the full version could do for my computer system. It was user friendly, easily controlled, and much less intrusive than McAfee.

Malwarebytes

I have used Malwarebytes both in a corporate context and in a home-user context. In all scenarios, it works really well! Malwarebytes does have advanced tools (such as a centralized control panel that can be used on networks). But, honestly, I have never had need to such centralized control. Rather, I have just let Malwarebytes run on each individual computer. The only other supplemental network security I felt was needed is things like content filtering (to prevent computers from going to infected sites to begin with). With a multi-layered solution like this, virus and spyware and malware and ransomeware have just never been a major issue.

Pros

I like most that Malwarebytes does not require a huge footprint of resources on a computer to run it. Most other anti-virus software that I have used not only protect, but also slow the computer down and cause problems with being over-protective. Malwarebytes just doesn't do this. It provide excellent and reasonable protection and does so in the background almost without having to remember that it is even there.

Cons

There was one time several years ago that Malwarebytes put out an update that, when installed, caused the computer to completely crash. But, shortly after this happened, the president/ceo of Malwarebytes sent out an apology explaining what happened, how it happened, and what steps were being taken to prevent this from ever happening again. True to his work, nothing like this has ever happened again thus far.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Malware Bytes - Review

This program all around is a great solution for individuals or even the more robust enterprise type organizations. I see it being useful a little less the bigger the company just because of the massive IT infrastructure needs and controls grow quite substantially and I don't see that Malware Bytes is scale-able.

Pros

Malware Bytes has been an essential part of my library for 5 or so years. The software is easy to use and is quite effective at hunting down and removing/islolating any malware that has found its way into your system. You can configure it to be on all of the time or you can make regular routine scans automatic. The program can run in your systray with an icon that makes it easy to dig into stored by your clock on your main toolbar (if you so choose). From there you can access a whole list of features ranging from the initial dashboard with web, exploit, malware, and ransom ware protection - which you would expect. Where the program goes above and beyond is in your ability to drill down into individual programs to specify how the files will be handled, the scheduling functionality, memory behavior, java and program behavior features. This truly is an all encompassing tool that is pretty essential for protection.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the subscription models that programs run with these days. Most companies offer you an either or where with Malware Bytes they moved away from that model to strictly subscription based....which almost earned it a spot in my trash - if the program wasn't as effective I would have opted out a long time ago. I've been willing to tolerate the subscription for that service but would move to another if an equal quality non-subscription base was an option.

bradley from Roseville Lutheran Church

Industry: Broadcast Media

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Pros

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Cons

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

I chose it because a friend recommended it to me

Christopher from Simpson Dental Associates

Simple, Yet Effective and Powerful Anti-Virus Software

I first discovered Malwarebytes years ago when my computer got a nasty virus that pretty much made my computer non-functional. I got a recommendation to download Malwarebytes while in safe-mode. I followed the advice, downloaded the software and Malwarebytes quarantined all of the bugs and malware attacking my computer. I had tried other softwares to fix this problem and had no luck. Malwarebytes had my computer virus-free and back to normal quickly. Shortly after, I purchased the paid version of the software and have used it and recommended it to everyone I know. We even use it at my dental office.

Pros

The price! The value and price for this software is exceptional. This software is such a high quality product that is so much more affordable and than its competitors. This software is straight and to the point. A super simple interface that is very easy to use. Malwarebytes does it's job and it does it very well by quarantining and removing viruses and malware. It scans your computer daily to keep your information and computer safe.

Cons

I have never had any issues with Malwarebytes. I couldn't tell you how their customer service is because I've never had to use it!

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

The other products, especially Norton are super clunky and way more expensive. For me, Malwarebytes was also the most effective, valuable, and simple to use.

Matthew from TheSlipyShow

Great product

Perfect. Even when I lost my account they got it back for me.

Pros

I was able to get this pro version for a one time fee for up to 3 computers. I love it. I use it along side Ccleaner. I've never had any problems. Easy updates and automatic scannings. I can never tell when it's running a scan because it uses a small amount of processes.

Cons

I don't know anything I don't like about it. I've been using it for 10 years.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

I got lifetime key up to 3 computers and was told by others it's best for a gaming computer.

Brian from PeachMorph

Industry: Graphic Design

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Pros

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected. The speed at which MB scans is quick enough without having to leave it run in the background. And that's to me is efficient and fast! In addition, it is able to block websites during my online surfing to warn me of potential sites that potentially contain malware or ransomware. You can buy a licence and add up to 10 devices, including Windows and Mac. One can also purchase separately MB licenses for Android and iOS via Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively. Indeed, this software is a great time saver!

Cons

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually set exclusions in the software settings to prevent MB from "accidentally" blocking certain sites. Even some software such as ServerPress can get "interfered" from working properly. I certainly did not suspect that until I start to troubleshoot further. Not to mention that MB can be costly to maintain on a yearly subscription basis after having enjoyed the initial discount on the 1st time purchase.

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

If I had a dollar for every time this product had saved one of my computers, I'd be rich.

This saves and cleans my computers, all of them, from every beastie out there, and has never failed me, even when every other product has.

Pros

This software catches and fixes just about everything, including what my antivirus programs won't. It' been around for years, and is reliable. It's cleaned malware and viruses for me that other malware programs didn't, and it's saved me from doing clean ups by hand. I've used their chameleon program to save my laptop when it became infected with a virus that blocked antivirus and malware programs from installing, and cut off my internet access and ability to download fixes. It can protect itself from being uninstalled. And their premium program runs and protects you in real time and is well worth the money. In all the years that I've been running Malwarebytes, I'm not sure that I've ever been successfully infiltrated on a computer that I've had running their premium program.

Cons

The customer service is slow and lackluster. I had to contact them a few months ago about some of my subscription licenses. They took days in between responses, and the responses were not helpful, and the reps closed out my ticket without solving my issue. It took three weeks and multiple tries at contacting them. There is no phone support. When you purchase product licenses, they do not all show up on your account on their website, so you need to be really careful and write down the product keys somewhere and keep them. All that said, that was the first time in probably the better part of a decade that I've EVER had to contact them, so it's generally not at issue. I'm guessing that the employees are all out diligently fighting malware, and not doing customer support.

Malware Bytes Review

it's great to have peace of mind that our systems are protected against malware and ransomware, always finds issues and corrects them have never had any issues whatsoever

Pros

The best overall advantage of using Malwarebytes is the simplicity of performing routine tasks. and the ease of scheduling tasks.

Cons

Notifications pop up frequently and some of the settings to stop them from comming up can be a bit hard to understand

reliability and reputation

great for android, average for pc

I used Malwarebytes for personal use on android and pc. it was an experience of mixed feelings. While it was perfect for android, it was average for on my Pc. Overall, it is very effective for fighting malicious files and malware infected systems on both platforms.

Pros

My first encounter with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware was around July 2018 when my Android phone was taken over by a series of malicious malware that turned my phone into an advert box of all sorts. A friend told me he had a similar issue in the past and was rescued by Malwarebytes. I decided to try it out. Luckily, they had the premium version available for a free one-month trial at the time. I quickly downloaded, registered and did a scan. It was super effective and easy to navigate. In less than 5 minutes, my phone was cleaned. I was very Impressed and decided to try out the pc version of the software. And frankly, the functionality and effectiveness of the pc version were quite different from the Android version. It was smooth and fluid on my android but I cannot exactly say the same for the Pc version. The online and real-time scanner notified me of unsafe websites I visited which was good. Malwarebytes was designed to make you feel secure and protected from some malicious files or sites. The interface was clean and simple It performs as advertised. It detects malware and can cleans infected devices. The paid version can be trusted to protect your pc but at the cost of pc speed during scans. It was designed to fight malware, it is effective in doing that and should stick to it.

Cons

Malwarebytes software made my pc to lag sometimes at startup. I felt some functionalities like the Asset policies management to deploy and monitor endpoints were complex and unneeded for personal users. It was complicated for me at least. I would not recommend it as a standalone antivirus program due to the limitation of it virus scan toolkit. I still got infected with a Trojan while using the free version. The pricing can be made more competitive given that it cannot be trusted as a standalone anti-virus. It should incorporate real-time protection against threats in the free version.

Darryl from Broadband Express/Kanaan Communications

Best bang for the buck

I've been using the software for only a few months. But since I've gotten, I've made a pitch to our organization to get rid of everything else and start using this on a more permanent basis.

Pros

The software is not as invasive like some of the others. You can continue to work while it runs in the background using minimal resources. This is a very good thing so your work process or what ever it is your working on isn't slowed down or completely freezes up. You can schedule a scan or manually activate it you think there may be a virus in your computer. These guys got it right. From scanning to removal its a very fast software and keeps you working at top levels.

Cons

I really couldn't find a con. Even when I thought there would be one when it comes to updating, nope. It automatically updates whenever its activated.

Ron from Washington University

What's better than no infections?

Pros

Malwarebytes is simply a no-brainer when it comes to desktop protection. Not only do I run this on my work machines, I have it protection my home computers as well. It's as simple as the classic infomercial says. "Set it and forget it!" Once it's installed, other than making sure to upgrade to new versions, Malwarebytes works. But, how do you really know you're not just flushing money down the toilet? Simple! You don't get infected with malware, trojans or ransomware. Yes, ransomware! Malwarebytes even protects you against ransomware. It's also reassuring to look at the reports on just how many things are blocked in terms of websites or the nefarious ads on a web page. You can see that it's actively protecting you with minimal overhead in terms of resource utilization (processor, memory, etc.)

Cons

I have no complaints other than one update that was bugged and quickly fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

Previous experience; cost; features offered

The best virus removal software I've encountered

Whilst not used by the company I work at as their Anti-Virus system I consider Malwarebytes to be the gold standard for removing viruses that other scanners either don't find or can't remove. I recommend both the paid and free version to anyone who asks me about a personal anti-viruses as I have found it to be very user friendly and, as mentioned, extremely powerful.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup Scans are very quick Scans take up very little system resources when running Free version still removes virtually all viruses I've encountered Paid version actively blocks web pages that contain viruses, prevents executables from delivering payloads, and so much more. Price:Value ratio is extremely good

Cons

Updates have on several occasions caused issues, one caused a bug that suggested real time protection was off when it was not, another caused Malwarebytes to consume RAM until the computer crashed. Though fixed quickly perhaps a more thorough testing phase could have prevented these. The "My Account" web page is a little basic and could definitely be upgraded to improve a number of features such as: Available devices - this does not provide computer/mobile names or locations, and to deactivate remotely requires the deactivation on all devices at once. Payment Method - I am yet to find a way to change my address, I moved house several years ago and yet it still shows my old address. I have even contacted support about this without success. Settings - I would include the option to change home address here.

Alison from The Prairie School

Hands down, one of the best free securities on the net! I recommend this left and right.

Pros

I love the price - Free. I love the usability - download and run. I love the quality - not even my friends who like the darker net have had issues that Malwarebytes can prevent. I love features and functionality - I run it, and it does everything I need it to do without the need to micromanage it. Hands down, I love Malwarebytes, and I know that is something strange to say about your computer security system, and that I usually do not endorse something without at least one bigger reservation, but this is an exception. If you do not have a security in place and do not want to pay for one, get Malwarebytes!

Cons

Driven away by the price of Kaspersky, which is a great product, but I am a lowly broke computer lover, I found Malware bytes one day what seems like decades ago. It may not have been decades, but it was at least one... Anyway, I found Malwarebytes and fell in love. It has had my back through the days when being a teenager and going to torrent sites was cool, all the way until now when I try not to look back on those days and what I was getting myself into as I browse the internet for the next great coupon. Malwarebytes has been tried and true, but alas, since I use the free version, there is very little customization that I get to do. I run, it catches if there are anything that did not raise a gigantic red flag upon introduction. That is all, my only con, a lack of granularity. That should be a pro in itself.

New from Mn8tion

Malwarebytes: Easy fixes

My experience with Malwarebytes has been exceptional. It's my go-to program for keeping everything safe on computers. I have been a fan of it for years.

Pros

I love how Malwarebytes works in the background unintrusively. It has so many features and offers so much security. In a time where new malware is showing up what feels like daily, It makes me feel like my work which can be sensitive is secure. I love the web protection feature, and also scheduling scans after we all finish for the day so no one will be in the way. It's also a great value for all that it does.

Cons

I used the free version for a while. I later switched to the paid version which was a great value and had some features I really use.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

It was a better value. It has a lot of features that I like and make use of all the time. Everything runs so quickly.

Mark from Mark D Worthen PsyD

Industry: Mental Health Care

Malwarebytes Premium (Personal & Solopreneurs)

Despite my recent frustration re: uninstalling (described above), I still highly recommend Malwarebytes Premium for Windows (Personal). Glitches happen with any software and considering the poor customer service so many companies think is perfectly acceptable, I regard my recent issue to be minor in the big scheme of things. I have used Malwarebytes for 5+ years. Every IT pro I've asked has highly recommended it too.

Pros

Prevents nasty malware from entering PC. Reasonably priced considering the cost of fixing a malware problem - $60 for one year subscription or $54.50/year for 2 years.

Cons

I recently had trouble with the software - it would not load. The standard 'fix' for such problems is to Uninstall and then reinstall the software. However, I could not uninstall Malwarebytes using the standard Windows Uninstaller, *and* I could not uninstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. No software is perfect, even 'support tools'. What bothered me is that there is a known problem with uninstalling Malwarebytes for Windows (for some computers) but this problem--and the solution--is not mentioned in the Malwarebytes Support Tool FAQ. (There is also a Support Tool Manual but the current Manual is for Malwarebytes version 1.4 and the current Malwarebytes version is 1.5.3.749. On the positive side, the Malwarebytes support documents overall are very good and the support forum is excellent. I learned about the solution to my uninstall problem in the Support Forum - I needed to use the Support Tool in Windows Safe Mode.

n/a

Pam from Maynard, Inc

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Malwarebytes For Home

We have been able to meet our customers expectations of having a secure network in which to hold their proprietary data.

Pros

It's great for Home Use. Simple updates, good security coverage.

Cons

For Enterprise the deployment was a little sketch behind our enterprise firewalls. It seems to need full access to the Internet to behave consistently.

Price, and reliability.

John from Ringfree Communications

Taking A Bite Out Of Malware

I use this most often after a client notifies my office that they've clicked a phishing email or if they've had suspicious activity/web activity. I love using the adware/spyware remover to keep them from being reinstalled again. Also, taking the time to search for rootkits is important in my line of work. My overall experience has been positive and it's my go-to for a ton of stuff. I would recommend everyone having a copy of Malwarebytes. I rest easy at night with this on my machines.

Pros

I really love using Malwarebytes! I especially enjoy using their Techbench tools. It felt like having a one-stop-shop of IT tools at your disposal when working on a client's machine. Whether working remotely or locally, whether for a diagnostic test, a hardware failure, cybersecurity breach and everything in between, I used this toolset for it. It was all in one place, took a minute to load up and got right to work. When I made my career change into IT, I thought the job was going to be hard. But when I discovered Malwarebytes, it all just got really easy. I use this everywhere I go and recommend it to anyone who asks.

Cons

If you are not using the premium version, the ads to get it can be a little annoying. Especially when you are using the Chrome Browser extension, it felt like there were 100 notifications on every little thing and then got the notifications for upgrading as well. You just stop differentiating them after a while. The danger in that is it makes you want to turn off the notifications altogether. If you're not using the software regularly, you may go awhile with a compromised system and that's no bueno.

Heidi from My Creative Pursuits

Industry: Graphic Design

A more complicated solution to virus protection from a company that helped build the industry.

A high standard of protection against constant virus threats from all daily activity on the internet. A good choice for any level of computer user.

Pros

I have been using Malwarebytes off and on for years. Malwarebytes began as a free offering that while simple was a powerful tool. It was among the first applications to supply malware protection and removal that was easy and quick to use. Over the years, they've grown to include all virus protection and the software has inevitably grown in both complexity and functionality. Now, Malwarebytes is a great option to protect your computer whether for home use or your business. It's affordable and runs well in the background. There are layers of protection that satisfy both the casual user and the more technically inclined.

Cons

Unfortunately the simple, straightforward malware removal tool of the past is long gone and with it the ease of use. As a much larger program that runs in the background rather than when you call it forth, it takes much more of your computer's resources and is much more involved to use. It's an understandable issue as the program's growth means it also offers much more than the previous versions of the software, but I miss the simple but effective application of "the before time." Still, it's a great example of industry standard protection which manages to keep up with the ever changing threats on the internet today.

Lorraine from Rainbow Works Pty Ltd

Industry: Writing and Editing

Love knowing my computer is secure!

Total computer security and peace of mind at a highly affordable price.

Pros

Malware Bytes Premium is the only security on all the computers and tablets in our household. It's easy to use, doesn't interfere with other applications, doesn't cause crashes, and I feel completely confident it delivers total security. I've used a few anti-virus programs, but I always ran the free version of Malware Bytes alongside them. After a popular and expensive anti-virus program falsely detected a trojan and crashed my system, deleting drivers and corrupting files, and I had to spend for repairs, I made the decision that Malware Bytes Premium was all I needed for security. It's a decision I haven't regretted. I run Malware Bytes permanently in the background at all times. It monitors for any suspicious activity and warns immediately if there is the smallest risk. In addition, I run a full scan every day. This software is amazingly good value - far less costly than most anti-virus software and does so much more! Stops ransomware and exploit attacks. Shields against suspicious websites. Removes malware and spyware. No more worms, rogues, dialers, trojans, rootkits, exploits, or bots... ever! As I work online, this protection is essential, and it's nice to know I can play and socialize safely as well, anytime I please.

Steven from NexusTek

Industry: Information Services

Product works great and powerful free version

Pros

I like the the fact that the free version is still very feature rich, not lacking many features compared to the paid version. Also blocks malware very well and finds many malicious files when compared to other free antivirus.

Cons

I wish I had more control over the way that is scans, white listing, blacklisting, etc. These are minor complaints though and not at all something preventing me to use it.

Malwarebytes Review

Some of the benefits are i get from using Malwarebytes again are; security; which is needed when working for a company with sensitive data to prevent spoofing and hackers; Levels of scanning, i think having multiple options to choose from for scanning is great and effective as well. Peace of Mind, i never have to worry which website i visit as Malwarebytes has real time protection against attacks.

Pros

Malwarebytes has been my go to security software when thinking of the best malware software out there that is. Some of the things i like about Malwarebytes is one; the UI, which is easier to read the icons and navigate through the software; secondly, the types of scans i have at my disposal, such quick, full, and choose a specific folder; third; the level of security, the software truly lives up to its name when it comes to block malware, and other spyware, it gives me notification when i visit a website where there could be malware attacks but i couldn't know until Malwarebytes blocks the attack and notifies me. Fourth excellent removal threats, if in fact a malware was detected in my PC it will quarantine the threat and i could go in and delete if i want to. Last but not least is, Support Malwarebytes offers great, fast, and reliable support if needed for any reasons, i personally didn't need to call support as i am a Software engineer and familiar with some of the issues that may come up.

Cons

One of the downside is the resource consumption that Malwarebytes uses, specifically the memory that is required to run the product, most of the time Malwarebytes does run up to high memory, but then it does lower down i think once updates and other necessary items are checked in the backened.

Very lightweight, yet powerful anti-malware program

Overall, the experience has been very good as far as effectively detecting, removing, and preventing my system from becoming infected with malware. I would highly recommend others to use malwarebytes, along side another program that protects against viruses. This will ensure total protection.

Pros

Malwarebytes is a very effective program for detecting, removing, and preventing malware. I have tried many anti-malware programs in the past, but most do not detect as many things as malwarebytes seems to find. It is also very light weight and runs quietly in background without being too resource hungry as some anti-malware systems tend to be. It provides malware, website, ransomeware, and exploit protection according to its tools menu, and provides frequent and seamless updates in background to stay protected without being too noticeable. We now run this on all our systems, along side an anti-virus program (the two are different, but often confused to be the same).

Cons

No major cons I have found after using it for several years. My system has stayed clean. The biggest issue is you have to remember to deactivate license on the computer and reactivate it again after reinstall every time you reinstall the software or reformat the computer. Otherwise, you are forever locked out. Often times this is forgotten and you have to contact them directly to resolve the issue.

Aaron from Colorado Computer Care

Great software, paid version is somewhat questionable

For the most part, Malwarebytes is an excellent program. There are some annoyances related to using the free version vs. the paid version, but the detection is the same whether you go with paid or free.

Pros

The free version of Malwarebytes is amazing. It catches a significant amount of malware that your standard anti-virus program misses. Specifically, Malwarebytes does an excellent job in identifying PuPs (potentially unwanted programs), which are not technically viruses, but can be just as malicious. In addition, because of how Malwarebytes operates, it can be used in conjunction with more traditional anti-virus programs. And finally, while there is a paid version (for a yearly fee), the free version is just as capable - but must be run on demand.

Cons

When using the paid version, Malwarebytes will run in the background at all times, and does seem to have an effect on performance, though nothing too severe. A frustrating aspect is that when you elect to use the free version, whenever an update occurs, you are asked again to upgrade the paid version or start a 14-day trial - there is no way to permanently stick with the free version.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

I use Malwarebytes in ADDITION to more traditional anti-virus programs - the two are NOT mutually exclusive.

Ari Eko from SME-Institute.ID

protection for my pc and android

it is good experience, but their free tier isnt support to detect ransomware

Pros

malwarebyte is easy to use, clean design and protect me in pc, android and ios. i found malicious/hacker software with malwarebyte in my android that undetectable with another antivirus.

Cons

sometimes it make my pc slower and also they dont detect some virus on usb. i need second antivirus to make malwarebyte well.

Rajkumar A from eTouch - A Virtusa Company

Much more than just an Anti-Malware!

It has become one of my favourite softwares and security solutions. I am lucky to have a lifetime license of it. Cheers!

Pros

As my title states, it is much more than your traditional Anti-Malware, or an anti-virus. It has always new features getting added to it, and new modules being integrated, making it grow and become better with every release (apart from the usual software bugs).

Cons

I wish they bring back the lifetime upgrades licensing. Also, it is hard to make an account i.e register on their official forum. I wish they reply more fast to support tickets (I know they have plenty of support tickets to solve being such a large brand now). I wish the software was less heavy on resources.

Andrew from Joplin Transmission

Malwarebytes Works!

Spyware was always causing some sort of performance issue with daily operations

Pros

It is seamless, working in the background. I have had zero issues with viruses, etc since using this software

Cons

I now have to disable Malwarebytes it in order to sync my iPhone. This just started happening recently.

Primarily it was cost

Michael from D&H Flagging Inc.

I would not leave home without it.... Malwarebytes

I have had this program detect and prevent my PC's from becoming infected with malware. I also get an e-mail when one of my users get attacked. This allows me to be faster in the removal of offending files.

Pros

I appreciate the centralized management console where I can manage my subscriptions and keep all my computers updated with the latest signatures. And notification when a PC is attacked.

Cons

The free version does not have real time scanning. I feel at the very least the free version should have real time scanning, and maybe only get updated manually.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

We felt that with Malwarebytes we would utilize fewer hours of the IT department dealing with infections because in our opinion Malwarebytes was more reactive to what was happening out in the wild.

kourtnea from Self-employed

Malwarebytes

Overall it's a great product. It's really easy to use and you don't have to spend a much of money to keep your computer safe.

Pros

Obviously, the best thing about this software is that it is free. I honestly don't know that much about computers and this product got recommended to me time and time again. Kept my computer clean and running well!

Cons

The only thing that was really a problem for me was that I manually had to scan for viruses. I purchased a used computer years ago and did a preliminary scan that turned up nothing, but when I went back to do it again a few weeks later it was full of viruses. I wish it could do small scans daily and let you know if you needed to do something more.

Amy from University of Wisconsin-Madison

A reliable free or low-cost security option

Malwarebytes makes me more confident as a general computer user, but also as someone whose job is primarily based online. There's a lot of data exchanged between my computer and Malwarebytes takes away the worry of my computer being made more vulnerable to external threats.

Pros

My favorite part about Malwarebytes is that it offers a free version and paid because the free allows me to test out the product. I also love this software because it does not come with all the annoying pop up notifications or emails. It's simple to navigate when doing scans and identifying malware. Some malware software is tedious or limited in its scope.

Cons

I wish Malwarebytes was more compatible with my mac. At times, my computer freezes during scans or takes an extremely long time to load pages and applications when performing scans. Malwarebytes seems to take up a lot of memory.

Gerson from Financial Services

A good defender to back up Windows Defender

Malwarebytes is a good AV for those who are looking for something lightweight to add to their PC and also a good option for those who want to go a paid option as the pricing is fair and provides a good amount of options for the price. I continue to use it on my PC and will continue to use it and install it in my new devices.

Pros

A very good AV software options for those who do not want something that is very intrusive or requires constant resources from your PC to use. I also haven't had any conflicting experiences between Windows Defender and Malwarebytes., and the Quick Access check when right-clicking on a file is also very nice. While a good amount of features are locked behind paid options, the free version is also very good and the primary features of being able to scan your own computer along with any file you want. The very much improved UI and performance from recent updates are also nice.

Cons

While not many negatives, I would say the constant advertisement to buy a subscription on startup at times can get annoying especially for someone who wouldn't understand how to disable such ads. I have to say the have at least improved on this front and have improved the popups and made it more clear what features are premium which I think is more effective.

Sofia from Freelance

The best malware protection

I've been using it for some years and every day I 'm convinced that it's the best antimalware and antivirus in the world. I have it on all my devices (laptop, PC, tablet and smartphone) and I feel very confident that my information is protected. These devices are also my work tools, so I take great care of them. The money I pay for this antimalware is worth it. I have not had problems but many benefits when using it. The first time I installed it was due to a virus that I could not eliminate with anything and Malwarebyes did it with the free version, so do not hesitate to buy the Premium version. I recommend it.

Pros

Malwarebytes is an excellent software because it not only removes malware but also Trojans, spyware and all kinds of viruses that try to damage my devices even before they carry out an attack, and also protects them from ramsoware. It has real-time protection and detects which pages are not safe as I browse the Internet. The scan can be programmed to be performed every so often and has a quick scan which only takes a few minutes, although the PC slows down a lot. Your app is very functional and practical. The user interface is intuitive, easy to use.

Cons

I've no complaints about this antimalware, on the contrary it has got me out of trouble more than once. It is the best antimalware in the world.

Racey from Principle Solutions Group

Malwarebytes has kept my environment malware free for years.

Not having to deal with malware infected machines, ever, at all, period.

Pros

Shortly after I joined the company, we decided to move our IT in-house and away from the managed service provider we had been using. I built our entire IT environment from scratch, and one of the first things I did was deploy Malwarebytes Anti-malware. I had plenty of experience using the product to clean up machines already infected with malware, but deploying it to a clean end point and having that endpoint stay clean for more than five years without a single verifiable malware infection is a beautiful thing. With roughly 150 endpoints our environment is smaller than many, but with only two administrators supporting it we really enjoy spending exactly zero minutes each year dealing with infected machines.

Cons

The only possible "con" I could think of is that when I first deployed the solution, it threw out a few false positives due to a couple registry changes put in place via Group Policy in Active Directory. However, it's hard to say that's much of a con because monitoring suspicious registry changes is a good thing, and whitelisting those changes so it quit generating a false positive was super simple.

Bhavik from CF

A Good Security Solution for Personal Computers/Laptops in your organisation

My overall experience with Malwarebytes is satisfactory. The software is easy to set up and includes a wide variety of solutions. But the scanning could be improved and a more thorough approach could be developed.

Pros

The thing I like the most about Malwarebytes is the availability of security solutions provided by Malwarebytes, it provides anti malwarebytes, anti ransomware and anti exploit protection. Also, availability of Malwarebytes on all of the major platforms is a very helpful feature. Also, Malwarebytes is very easy to install and set up. Scanning is fast and thorough and does not require a high system configuration.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Malwarebytes is the malware detection through real time scanning, it skips a lot of files and many a times leave infected files undetected. Also, premium plans are expensive relative to competitive products.

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

We chose Malwarebytes because of recommendations we received from other peers. Also, when evaluating we were attracted to the wide variety of security solutions that Malwarebytes provide.

Michael from Pepsico

The best Virus and Malware protection at a decent price

Before using it in the business world, I was a Malwarebytes user at home. I was shown it when working for a tech company, and decided to use it myself. Overall, I have not had a negative experience with the software.

Pros

Love real time protection and web protection. It is nice to not have to worry about viruses and to be notified as you are entering dangerous areas of the internet. Also, being able to have the basic items for use at the free level is really nice as well.

Cons

The free version does not have real time protection, which is totally understandable. some people may not agree with the price, but I found it to be fair honestly.

dishant from Lionbridge

Best antimalware software

My overall experience with Malwarebytes is quite satisfying. I found it a useful software against online threats. If you have to download a lot of files or documents into your business laptop, you must have this software installed.

Pros

I love Malwarebytes. It has a robust scanning system which can detect the hardest viruses out there. It has some of the very competitive features in the market like: 1. It can scan the messages of your smartphone and detects if it's a scam or contains any suspicious link. It will automatically send all the malicious and fraud messages into the junk box. 2. It will block all the unwanted ads from the device and the adware also. 3. Malwarebytes has one of the best and most frequently updated virus definition in the market. 4. It will automatically block all the call and messages from the known scammers and fraudsters. 5. Very ideal for detecting certain rootkits which were left undetected from other popular antiviruses.

Cons

Malware byte is a handy antimalware software which is already protecting millions of devices. But, there are a few cons which I would like to mention. The first thing is that Malwarebytes can be a little for some people after the first discounted year. It also doesn't support real-time protection in the free version. Sometimes, it starts blocking the safer services also.

Steve from Refinitiv

It fills in the gaps of of Windows Defender

On machines where local administrative access is granted, the tool is great to deploy when the machine is performing sub-par and usually identifies many tasks or files that can be deleted. This information is useful to send up the chain to network administrators to modify firewalls and other scanning tools to be responsive to new threats. However, "antivirus" programs vary greatly in what they scan, and for some this tool is mildly redundant. While unrealistic, it would be great if tools such as these recognized other similar tools and didn't try to wrestle control of threat assessment away from the default, especially when it's not the native OS tool. Regardless, this tool remains an excellent one in any arsenal of someone who is troubleshooting a PC that is not operating as expected.

Pros

Great at removing "threats" not considered as such by native/host OS solutions. Simple and intuitive interface offers excellent insights into what was found, what is or should be done, and in plain language.

Cons

It is not always easy to get approval to have it run on machines where admin rights are not granted. This is understandable given the level of read access it needs to perform its job can be restrictive when run from a browser, but some competitors offer this service and, while not as robust at targeting malware, are more helpful.

Lee from Apothecary Shoppe

Great product for Viruses and Malware and other junk

Great company, great product - works good and is affordable

Pros

This replaced our virus scanner and also provides malware protection and spamware protection :) It has everything in one cool program

Cons

Nothing really, this works, and works well :)

Reasons for Choosing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business

It goes further than just virus protection and finds all the other junk on a PC as well

Caleb from Transparent BPO

Malwarebytes - Super anti-malware software

Pros

Malwarebytes is an awesome scanner that is well known to rid your system of infections such as adware, spyware etc. I have been using this software fatefully for over 2 years with little to no major issues. It is light on resources and performs scans in batch mode versus scanning all opened files which greatly reduces interference if you might have other anti-malware software or anti-virus software running on your machine. There two unique versions available, the free (manual) version to give you a feel of its premium features and performance and the paid version when you have been convinced that this is the right software for the job which is normally used in conjunction with your favorite anti-virus software to provide the ultimate protection. Compared to traditional anti-virus software, Malwarebytes is superior with advance artificial intelligence, application hardening and behavior matching that totally eliminates malware that it might have never encountered before, allowing you a piece of mind while your surf the internet.

Cons

I have had such an awesome experience, I have no cons.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,183 reviews