• Pros

• "Its a great product and we use it at work on all devices"

• " I love it because it has a high level of security and its characteristics do not have any other is why it makes it unique is effective and efficient"

• "The interface is great. The customer support service is very fast and reliable. McAfee uses different technologies and achieve their final target very fast."

• Cons

• "Even though it does it's job well, I have found that it often conflicts with the system files of the devices and then system recovery becomes a big chore."

• "The truth is that a lot is a wonderful tool, but the cost is a bit high."

• "Uses lots of resources in the background the scan takes a lot of time and system hangs a bit It slows the system but it's not bad for the system"

Browse McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB Reviews

Amanda Josalene from Belk

Use on my main PC & Laptop for security

McAfee helped me choose their software easily by providing me with a lot of detailed information and the pros to using their service. Their free trial helped me get a feel for the software & application, and I ended up purchasing their package so I could have security I needed for my computers.

Pros

McAfee has been my main security & virus screening application on my main computer (Windows) and laptop (Apple) since I first purchased both of them. I used McAfee due to the simple user interface and the accuracy. McAfee also does rather quick screenings in the background as well, so I don’t always have to go in and manually warrant a full computer scan. I find this conviennent because it usually slips my mind to do a computer scan, especially while I am busy doing work. Having a reliable virus/security screening software like this has been incredibly important for me since I am an online worker and own an online apparel business as well, meaning I absolutely need that extra layer of security on my computers to prevent me from getting hacked, spied on, losing my information, etc. I spend a lot of time using my computers and process sales online, so I cannot afford the risk of getting a virus or having anything hacked on my computer. McAfee also has regular needed updates, so it is never outdated and never working improperly.

Cons

I don’t have cons; I haven’t had to use their customer service yet, but I have heard mainly good things from others who had to use contact their customer service for any help.

Sebnem from Vakifbank

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

Cons

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning. Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

We did some POC on a few products and we chose the McAfee Enpoint Security because of the good overall functionality.

Caleb from Music

Secure

I uninstalled after so much lagging it was causing my computer to process.

Pros

I like the fact of how it protects my computer from viruses and does a little more. I used it everyday when it came as default on my PCs.

Cons

When it says the thing about the trial has ended I think having a fee for protecting a computer shouldn't even be charged. And also I do like how it protects your computer, but it makes the system works slow even if it works in the background.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

I don't use it anymore thank you anyway nice service.

Crayle from Freelance

Virus protection that acts just like a virus!

Having this software installed on your computer is like volunteering to constantly be interrupted. I don't need my anti-virus software to announce to me that its doing it's job every time it scans something. But it announces it anyway! That alone slows down my entire workflow. If I need to download 50 images in a row, I should be able to keep clicking to the next image to pull up the save menu while the previous image is being scanned. Instead, it whites out your whole browser screen to pop up the message "Scanning your download for viruses!" Other programs do that at the bottom of your screen. I can't even go to another tab to read an e-mail or something while it scans, because it whites out EVERY TAB. I also don't need pop-ups advertising other products on my desktop. One of the benefits of having virus protection is you're less likely to get pop-ups. Not so with McAfee! This program also has excessive alerts, and e-mails me at least once a month with headlines that imply they're monthly summaries of the way I've the program over the month, but are actually also just ads for themselves trying to send you to their website.

Pros

I haven't gotten a virus yet, so at least it's doing the bare minimum.

Cons

It whites out my ENTIRE BROWSER SCREEN the whole time it scans a download, to let me know that it's scanning my download. It also has pop-up ads for itself and other related services, and excessive alerts that you can't seem to shut off. It basically feels like you have a virus.

Drew from MH Properties

Good security, but not perfect

McAfee has been a good security software for a while. The computers using this have not been impacted by any sort of ransomware or malware. One of our other offices did not use this and downloaded some ransomware that almost cost us years of files, but we contacted an emergency IT team who solved the problem and recommended better security.

Pros

* We can use one account for all of the computers at our offices, so no need to buy individual licenses/programs for each one * Established program that is always updating and trying to stay ahead

Cons

* No security program is perfect. There are some threats that definitely go undetected by this. I use this in conjunction with a few free tools from Malwarebytes to keep all of the computers free of problems

Emin from China Outbound Tourism Research Institute

Industry: Research

Reliable software to protect your electronic devices when you connect to internet

The McAfee Endpoint Security software is a good anti-virus tool for your computer to protect it against undesirable errors or defects. That's why it is very useful for business and research activities, despite some features should be improved.

Pros

1) The software gives an opportunity to scan hard disk fast and easily 2) It blocks the https links, sites automatically where it feels a danger for your computer 3) Helpful customer service: they solved the problem for me concerned with the annual subscription 4) Saves all your passwords and keep them safe by scanning all the time them 5)The software shows notifications to you about the update, scanning results and banned websites or links which are very useful for my research and contacts. 6) Affordable prices for the subscription after using a free trial

Cons

1) It slows and sometimes shuts down your computer after scanning procedures 2) The software sometimes confuses to differentiate banning which is a negative and positive website when you want to do a research 3) The memory of the software is larger with another security software, therefore, it takes a lot of places in C disk

LaSasha from LAC

Industry: Graphic Design

I feel secure

With today's growing technology knowledge and the ability for people to just hack you and get all of your information it is definitely worth having an extra layer of security on your devices.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it definitely makes me feel secure. If for whatever reason I come across a website that is questionable McAfee blocks it and asked me did I mean to go there any let me know that this website is potentially a threat to the safety of your computer.

Cons

What I didn't use to like most about it was the amount of notifications I got before I knew how to mute the notifications from appearing so often on my computer they used to come up quite a bit but now I don't have any cons.

Charrelle from Department of Defense

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

McAfee Review

Overall, McAfee is a great digital security product and they continue to update and improve the software each and every day.

Pros

McAfee has come a long way over the years to provide better security for your personal devices. Not only do they offer virus and malware protection for your computers but also for your mobile devices as well. There are a ton of features like firewalls, daily file cleanups, Web Boost, and shredder to make it even more difficult for your systems to be compromised.

Cons

Not really much to say here except that unless you are able to get it free through your cable/internet provider, you may pay a hefty monthly charge for this software.

Tiffany from MAC Cosmetics

Industry: Cosmetics

The best antivirus software created....

My experience has always been nothing but positive

Pros

This software has never allowed a virus to take over my equipment like Norton has which I am so grateful for. Stays up to date on the latest virus' that exist....

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I like least about this app/website, everything is truly awesome. I really love it.....

James from Hollywood cemetery

Industry: Facilities Services

Worth it

McAfee has helped protect my households I'm formation for 8 yrs.

Pros

The softwares security checks are fast and easy . The customer service is sufficient and the representatives are eager to fix any software issues that arise

Cons

The price is a little on the high side .the notifications are a little lagged but so far it's been worth it .

A Stable Solution for Security Needs.

At the time of deployment, MacAfee Endpoint Security in 2015 it was a great selection due to good price point vs feature set, they have good internal support but support by local partner was lacking. It has very heavy foot print, and management interface increases the learning curve

Pros

We were using MacAfee Endpoint Security since 2015, providing good endpoint protection, with great functionality and features, enabling us to mitigate threats and increasing user and network uptime. The international support is also very competent, is there when you need it. Once there was a crptoware attack on one of our pc which we disconnected from network. There international support worked with us to build a custom patch for environment, so the threat could be stopped from spreading from a single pc.

Cons

There central management interface is not the easiest of interfaces, some time one has to do too much navigation to accomplish a simple task. The MacAfee endpoint security is very resource hungry, specially the drive encryption feature can take a real toll on the hard disks. Also the drive encryption feature creates headache for support staff, if they had to reinstall the operating system the drive needed to be decrypted and the decryption process is very time consuming taking even days to decrypt the drive.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

Due to better pricing, good centralized management features and good feed back from I.T community we selected this product.

In a world with a lot of security options, it's hard to pick just one

We used McAfee for two years when we decided to cancel our license. This decision was 100% because another company offered us a deal we couldn't refuse. I don't want to name the other company because I know the deal is no longer offered. Long story short, this new tools seems to make my computer run a little faster, and they claim to be just as secure. I have never suffered a major security breach at any company I have worked with, and I am glad I haven't. Who is to say whether that is coincidence or whether these tools are doing their job. At the end of the day, buying any security tool is a bit like buying a body guard. There's always going to be someone that could take that guard down with the right amount of force. You have to find the guard that makes you feel safe and helps you sleep at night. I never lost a single night's sleep with McAfee, and I have maybe lost one or two with this new company. You have to find the guard that is right for you.

Pros

Great interface. Everything about McAfee's brand and tools feels and looks professional. I can tell that they take security very seriously. I have had minimal interaction with their Support Team, and my issues were quickly resolved. Set up is extremely quick and self explanatory. Getting my team set up was done in less than a week after purchase, and McAfee has been doing it's job quietly in the background ever since. Because it's such a widely used tool, most problems can be solved with a quick Google search. Which is a huge plus for a guy like me.

Cons

I am not tech savvy enough to understand why, but I feel that McAfee slows my system down more than some of the alternatives I have used. And I am fairly tech savvy. It's really frustrating to adopt tools that are supposed to improve your safety, but it's hard to love them when they are reducing your productivity. That being said, if you are vetting these tools for a large company, I would imagine this slowdown is well worth the peace of mind McAfee can otherwise bring. I feel like scans can take longer than expected sometimes, making it difficult to find the right time of day to perform them (in the morning it can halt a teammate's productivity, but at the end of the day it could extend past closing time). I always hate to mention price as a con, especially for things that can save your millions of dollars, but McAfee is not cheap. I'll let you work out whether or not that matters for you and your business.

Binujaya from Sysco LABS Sri Lanka

Feel protected at any time

All in all, this software provides a great safe for your computer from viruses and some unwanted errors that may occur but it’s not too great. It needs some improvement and they need to reconsider the price. There are other much cheaper and better software that you can find and use plus they will offer you better protection.

Pros

McAfee is a great anti-virus tool. They have a great supporting team and are very helpful when you need help from them. If some problem occurs they are solving it very fast, which is something that I like most. This software has helped me and protected my computer from viruses for a long time. It recognizes almost all of the viruses plus the new ones that come up every day. Also, McAfee does a pc scan on its own which is something very nice because sometimes you can forget about scanning your pc and to find out that you have some errors or viruses on your computer.

Cons

What I don’t like is that it slows my computer a lot. I don’t know why is that happening, maybe because they added something that it’s not needed in the program or some software error however they need to fix that. Another thing that I dislike is that sometimes the scan for errors and viruses take too long. Plus it takes a lot of your memory when you do a scan. If you don’t have enough memory then this is not the right product for you. In the end, the price is not cheap. For anti-virus program that has a lot of things to fix the price is way too high.

Uzair from Pakistan Petroleum Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

An effective antivirus product from one of the leading security companies

We use McAfee Endpoint Security as a primary security solution to protect our infrastructure nodes. We have also integrated it with McAfee EPolicyOrchestrator (EPO) in order to manage all the ENS nodes from a single console.

Pros

Its ability to integrate seamlessly in all the major OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and granular level of customization to suit specific needs are one of the greatest features in ENS. Also, with its additional modules, we can further enhance its capabilities to achieve maximum protection.

Cons

It would be better if it has the feature of determining the missing critical OS updates.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

McAfee Endpoint Security has proven to be the most efficient antivirus solution because of its number of modules that integrate with it and provide protection from multiple ways.

Dilanka from WebQuarters®

To save you from Malware Threats!

When talking about my experience both I and my brother and also a lot of my friends are using McAfee as the anti malware protection product for our machines. I think this helped me to keep my machine safe for the past 2 years. Our previous office lap tops also secured using this.

Pros

For the sake of the beginners, this is a system that protect devices in the cloud or in a network from security threats. In other words it is an anti malware protection product which is designed to secure windows systems. It is easy to use and the latest version is faster than the others. It is suitable for the users even who are unaware of technical processes. It is updating with the time and the newest version is always well improved than the others. It is very efficient. It can block viruses even just in few seconds. It can detect every virus and malware ad provide real time protection. Unlike the others, most of the times, the latest version of McAfee does not slow down your PC while it is booting. According to my opinion, McAfee is lesser expensive than the other related products in the market.

Cons

It is using kind of large amount of memory while scanning. Old versions occur a noticeable slow down. It is great if the efficiency can be improved.

Alyssa from The City College of New York

10 Stars!

I truly have had an awesome experience with McAfee and I would come back to this service, time and time because it truly is worth it. It eliminates problems and provides top of the line protection, so that I don't then have to problem solve. So, if I had to name this software, I would consider it to be the Ultimate problem solver.

Pros

I've been using this security protect for the past 4 years on my MacBook. It hands down is the best in comparison to its competitors. I love that I don't need to actively do anything, to ensure that I am protected, it simply works in the background. It was truly a great investment, as, I kid you not, I have never had one single scare or worry. I know that I am safe because, the program runs malware checks and updates every day and once for the week, every two days. I also like that the interface is easy to navigate, if I decide to do a manual scan of everything on my computer, I simply have to click scan. Not a lot of different steps and the reports are always clear and easy to understand.

Cons

Its so good at times, I almost forget about it. It would be good, if I were to get periodic notifications. Also, the scans do take a really long time to complete, so you have to be prepared to not use your computer for a good hour and a half.

ethan from trascend

A very good tool to protect against malware

In general, mcafee endpoint security is a fairly complete and versatile tool to detect and eliminate malware, although there is still much to improve.

Pros

Mcafee is an excellent tool to protect devices, what I like most about McAfee endpoint security is its very complete and intuitive interface, very easy to understand and use even for the less experienced. Mcafee endpoint security is quite complete and versatile, I can use it on all my devices without any problem. Besides, its technical support is quite efficient and responds quickly, thanks to this I have always solved all the problems I have had with McAfee. Although McAfee endpoint security is a very good option, many cons made me leave it.

Cons

What I mainly don't like about McAfee endpoint security is that its performance blow is quite high, significantly slowing down the productivity of my device. It is also clear that notifies and results in many false positives or does not detect viruses that other antivirus software detect with relative ease. However, it is a fairly complete and relatively inexpensive tool.

Joe from Texas Conference of Urban Counties

McAfee Endpoint Security

My overall experience is highly positive. I like the look and feel of the product and the ability to keep my device clean, it provides a level of trust that I appreciate.

Pros

The software is great at detecting vulnerabilities on websites and within systems. The tool does not use an abundance of resources

Cons

The software is reactive to threats and does require a reboot to clean thoroughly. I would like it to be more proactive on its approach.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

I chose McAfee due to price point. It was the best deal at the time.

Mcfeee Endpoint Security

It was not entirely appropriate, although it is very stable (it does not generate any crash of the service). The protection against malware in real time is efficient but against viruses, they need to extend the database more against them. Uninstalling the agent is not necessary administrative privileges are needed, therefore it is not recommended for any end user.

Pros

The solution can work silently. It allows to protect the mail electronic, web mail, peer-to-peer applications, instant messaging, communications via Skype, type of transfer (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Wi-Fi), media (USB, CD, DVD) , the printers, the fax. - Supervision: allow data transfer. - Prevention: block the transfer of data. - Alert: notification to administrators. - Encryption: guaranteed encryption before data transfer. - Quarantine: awaiting authorization.

Cons

It needs to improve the heuristic, it does not detect many low impact viruses that are detected and corrected by freeware versions of other antivirus. It consumes many resources and installs features separately executing several services, in my opinion these can be unified. The number of viruses it has in a database is relatively low. It needs to be more extensive according to the market of new threats in the network.

One of the best antivirus software with firewall protection and real-time scanning

Pros

Really effective antivirus software that helped me remove many virus and trojans from my machine. It also helps me protect my data through real time scanning and firewall security measures. There are also frequent updates to this software for improvements or new features. It is one of the best antivirus and antispyware applications. Need to buy subscriptions per PC annually and works really great. Gives decent reporting about the areas scanned, infected or any issues detected. It also provides option to quarantine viruses and malwares. One of the best useful feature is the schedule scan, which helps me schedule a scan on daily or weekly basis for enhanced security, keeping the computer safe and working super fast. Scanning different areas on the hard drive doesn't slow down the performance too.

Cons

Not very efficient for malware removal, but serves the purpose of virus and trojans. Removes infected files instantly before warning, at times difficult to recover the files without infection. Seems to be one of the best security softwares in the market as compared to it's competitors QuickHeal and Norton.

Bhagya from University of Kelaniya

Endpoint to Cyber Attackts

Our Firm is using McAfee End Point Security for 3 Years and It really helps to maintain a problem-free IT environment and allowed every employee to work smoothly.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security helps to streamline the IT infrastructure of the firm by limiting the problems from Viruses, Trojans, Spams and everyother cyber related problems. It automatically cleans the infected files. And frequent updates to application is enhancing the protection to latest cyber attacks. The User Interface is also eyecatching and easy to navigate. Cross platform support is really helpful to firms which using linux, windows and mac operating systems. At the end, the application's activities are neatly logged and fedback to user/administrator and to the Mcafee company to improve the Quality.

Cons

It sometimes very problematic application for low-end devices, because it use some considerable amount of processing power to run the application. Sometimes, infected files (previously valuable files) are automatically removing without repairing, which cannot be undo. And the price of the application is also pave the path to think again about buying the software.

Maryorie from Universidad de Oriente. Venezuela

Protects operating systems, files, among others. Easy to manage, and agile to detect threats.

Pros

This software allows the integration of several endpoint protection technologies that help combat and analyze threats that can cause damage to computers, programs, files, emails and systems. McAfee Endpoint Security uses very advanced defenses that allow it to detect malicious actions before they are executed, that is, it deciphers the behaviors of suspicious actions that could cause damages such as viruses, adware, trojans, spyware, among others that attack the computer system. As for the management it is easy to manage, it allows the protection of the information that is kept in the files, and when you open the program with just a clicks you start to execute the protection, or you can program it, and for those who do not have as much knowledge of operating systems, McAfee Endpoint Security is compatible with Windows and Mac, among others.

Cons

It is a very good software, maybe it presents some problems of incompatibility, but it is more of a lack of knowledge of the one that installs on the requirements of the program than of the program itself.

End to End protractor for Corporate Machines!!

Have been using this software for the past 2 years and it's the best which I have used so far. It also keeps secured all the computers in the network which we use in our company, so if you are looking for a company network level protection then this is the best option available in the current market.

Pros

No matter how careful you are while downloading or installing a software OR while browsing the internet, there is always a risk of getting hacked or attacked by malicious worms or virus or any online threats. To be safe and secure you need an Antivirus Software which safeguards your PC/laptop from such online threats. McAfee Endpoint security is one of the best antiviruses I have used which is very easy to manage and very effective. Always keep updating with latest protection security patches against viruses and keeps system protected.

Cons

- Might slow the booting time of your system - but that is only when your system is starting. - Little more expensive than I'd like. - Sometimes it blocks software which we use, which we might have to manually allow to run. - Not too many issues which I can mention as of now.

Valeh from Altair Technologies LLC

Essential protection for your personal and commercial information

If you want to make your files, pictures, projects and future plans protected then McAfee Endpoint Security must be your first choice.

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security saved me from serious attacks several times. It happened while opening scam mails, installing unknown softwares and visiting less secured websites. With endpoint defense technologies McAfee Endpoint Security foresees and prevents threats in real time before they infect your computer. Nowadays with the improvement of the internet technologies cyber attacks also increased. As I am working in a big company business plans of our company and their security are very important for us. To keep our information safe and secure McAfee Endpoint Security is our choice among corporate endpoint protection products. The best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is absolutely machine learning algorithms to help identify malicious behavior. It continuously develops itself while protecting you and prevents you from new attacks.

Cons

After using McAfee Endpoint Security there was a little delay in my computer's boot time. Actually my computer started a little late compared before. But it is not big problem for me considering it protects me from big data loss.

High Quality of Preventing Threats of McAfee

I highly recommend using McAfee for people who really love to download different online applications from many sources. Also, it is for business to protect customers and organization information. McAfee surely to keep your security at the highest protection from different threats and viruses.

Pros

McAfee provides a solid wall to protect the technology devices away from threats. It gave me a high safety feeling to my laptop after using it for more than two years. In the past, I have downloaded many things from unknown websites, so I worry a lot about those securities. Since I used McAfee, my worries about them reduced significantly. Also, I have checked my laptop whenever I download something with McAfee. McAfee creates a trustworthy for users. Moreover, McAfee monitors your device to ensure they are normally operating. It is a reliable security software.

Cons

The appearance looks complicated to the first time users. Also, I can only use McAfee to scan viruses on my laptop without doing anything else because it will cause laggy to other activities performed at the same time.

salman from Pak Suzuki Motor Company Ltd

Threat prevention, Firewall, Web control and ATP in single pack

Its Easy to be managed and deploy antivirus software remotely that provides the signature as soon as any attack is reported.

Pros

Its perfect product for client side firewall, Web control and Threat prevention. Its easy to be deployed via EPO and reporting features are awesome. Some basic level DLP features are also available in the suite.

Cons

Bulk modification at client side is difficult. Troubleshooting functionalities are limited. Deletion is not a easy task if we want to revoke from a system

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

Costing was low and was offering more functionality in the suite we purchased.

Amadheo from NI

Absurdly powerfull! Easy management

McAfee ENS is a good product and superior compared with legacy McAfee VSE. Sometimes the protection against zero day malware is not so good (Just in case when using McAfee GTI thah analyze .exe, .pdf and .apk files); for email or office threats I feel like I'm not protected so I deeply recomment to use the module McAfee Adaptative Threat Protection with machine learning activated. In this last case the ENS is boosted and becomes perfect and light running in the system.

Pros

Managed by ePO the ENS is amazing product for large organizations and easy to manage. Modern and easy to see and get compliance for all environment. The engine and detection method are absurdly powerfull

Cons

Interface is fluent and user friendly although a bit slow navigating in the product settings.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

Management console flexible and robust

Gurmandeep from Dealsshutter

Mcafee Endpoint Security- One software for all protection

I have relied upon various Security software in recent time but I didn't find any match for it. I still use this software for web and server security, system & network security. New user require some time to learn about the features but after everything lokks fine.

Pros

Mcafee Endpoint Security software has assisted us in protecting our code and confidential data from all kind of threats. This is the best Security software I ever came across. The best part here is that Mcafee Endpoint Security includes virus scan, web security, firewall protection. It seemed like that everything was served in one place. Software supports both operating systems Linux and Mac, moreover, it also works well on Windows and other OS. Its web security features really helped us a lot as we need to protect web users from all kind of security threats. Firewall protection never let any hacker to attack computer and server which make sure data is secured. In this software, I have found various improvements like design, speed etc.

Cons

I have spent a reasonable time with software and still use it every day to prevent various threats. The thing I did not like the most about this software is that its complex user Interface. when I first time started operating it, I couldn't understand all the features well. But with time everything started getting good.

McAfee Endpoint Security protects our business from outside attacks.

Top notch security that protects every device on the network!

Pros

It only takes one security breach at your business to realize that security software isn't an option. We upgraded to McAfee's Endpoint Security system, because the free programs weren't cutting it. They offer a variety of products that span from iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux. All of your devices on your network can be protected. The difference in Endpoint is the enhanced detection and correction capabilities that can make alterations to security controls in Windows 10. McAfee notifies us of threats immediately when they are found, and we setup default actions for when that happens.

Cons

As you might expect, McAfee's Endpoint Security can be pricey. It depends fully on the needs of your business and would recommend you reach out to a member of their sales team to determine which features you need. They customize the software so you can rest-assured that all of the vulnerabilities will be taken care of. I did have a few interactions with customer support that were difficult. If you are new to the cyber security scene, you will need to ask them to put it in layman's terms.

Paul from Enreach

Endpoint security - Solid risk prevention

Solid solution, with a low pricepoint

Pros

Strong check on possible executables. This helps regular users to install cryptolockers e.g. The scan is performed via remote solutions, so costs less local CPU usage. No corruption of definition is possible

Cons

When scanning larger powerpoints, ( 60 - 100 MB ) a delay takes place. It always scans, which is both the biggest upside and downside. When using a slower connection, this causes impact due to the offsite scan nature of the endpoint security platform

The low CPU usage

Ashish from Legalxgen Software Solution Pvt Ltd

McAfee gives us freedom on everyday basis from Malware and Viruses

Can think over living without McAfee. There's been time we tried other things just because of the cost factor, but it did not work and created lots of chaos. McAfee lets us focus on our core work instead of worrying about the virus threats.

Pros

1. Awesome Scanning. Does not allow anything suspicious. 2. Cost Effective 3. Easy to use 4. Does not make the computer slow

Cons

In terms of Support and Quality it's awesome, so nothing as such there which i don;t like. On the pricing if for startups any discounted plans could be introduce should be great favor.

Julianna from J.Marie Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Dragging and Lagging

Overall I have felt as if all my assets have been protected by McAfee. However, I often debate whether or not it is worth it to keep McAfee due to the slowing of the system as a by product of using the software.

Pros

What I liked the most about McAfee was that the program provided many facets needed to protect the computer against threats, potential and current. McAfee does just about anything that any company would need to secure their IT portion of the company.

Cons

While McAfee has many positive components, there are several pitfalls. One of the most annoying pieces of this software is the constant notifying of updates, changes, and reactivations. Because they are so frequent, the computers slow down and lag. Other programs are slower to open than others. This alone makes me want to get rid of McAfee right away.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

McAfee was a name that I trusted and have had extensive experience with McAfee in the past. Despite having some qualms about the quirks of the software, it was worth keeping it for the protection.

Kate from Nesco Resource

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

McAfee provides ultimate high security from malwares by all means.

Pros

McAfee is more authentically designed for protection against viruses or malwares or bugs online. It keeps the servers secure and ensures high security in all of the internet activities. High Risk malwares and viruses are automatically detected and depleted automatically by this tool. Ensuring fire wall security and essential protections against viruses from all kind of plugin devices and fax or mails. It also let us schedule virus scan to keep the system safely updated against all kind of viruses. It's a reliable tool with lots of working efficiency.

Cons

McAfee is very efficient in scanning or detecting the viruses but often the viruses of small impacts get easily transferred into system without even any notification. Some viruses that are being deleted by this tool , still infects the files. McAfee is also quite heavy in working as it greatly slows down the other activities in the desktop. I've noticed a great decline in speed of windows or running of files after installing this tool. But more or less , this tool has provided us with much more protection and saved lots of time and money.

Remigius from Fiverr

Absolutely Perfect

In summary, There is 95% perfection in this construction and functionality of this state-of-the-art Anti-Virus judging by the frequent update and the reliability it gives its users (Like myself). I have used it for 3 months and it is really Excellent! Thanks again to the Admins...you guys are doing great!

Pros

Honestly, I have used so many antiviruses like Avast Pro, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, etc. But, I fell in love with this antivirus (McAfee Endpoint Security) because of some cogent reasons and benefits which are: It gives me the ease and comfort of getting rid of malicious viruses on a regular based using the programmable real time scanning functionality. Even when I forget to set the scanning schedule due to my busy nature as the Senior IT specialist in my Firm, the Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) performs checks at regular intervals to determine the user Idle state: this is the point where the auto scan starts and surprisingly, your next activities will be as swift as possible after the full scan is completed. With this auto scan feature, I am always confident and reliant that all my Company’s data are safe and secured. Another great feature of this software is that there is frequent update which makes it equal to the task to combat even the most sophisticated virus…this is indeed a great one and Kudos to the Admins!

Cons

Oh Yes! this App is great. But, I would like the Admins to update it to be bale to let you know the infected files (which could contain some invaluable date) before eliminating them—to avoid loss of irredeemable documents and information...Very Important.

Román Josué from Agile Solutions

McAfee provides you Security

Security and protection for your device is easier and lighter with McAfee Endpoint Security.

Pros

I started using on my current job McAfee Endpoint Security as it's the security software used at my workplace. I've had a good experience with it, many threats detected before they could do any harm. The impact on the performance of the device is negligible, you don't feel that there's a security software running on your machine the whole time. The included firewall also works great. I also like the stats or insights this software provides, which tells you how many threats were identified in the last 30 days, the last time a threat was eliminated, and much more. Also the event log shows you every action with more details.

Cons

Not too much to complain about it. I think the only think I don't like too much is that it's not too customizable, but I haven't had the need to customize it either, so not a big issue.

Secure Antivirus Protection Software

Overall I think it's a safe antivirus; it does its job. However, I think the constant messages, pop ups and required actions have to be taken into consideration before switching to this antivirus

Pros

It offers good protection. It gives a sense of security and reliability as it is constantly doing check ups and updates on the background

Cons

It has too many pop ups and messages. It also has a lot of false positives and requires action from you more frequently than other similar software.

Osamah from Princess Sumaya University

An Amazing Software to protect your Network and regular Devices.

McAfee doesn't only eliminate viruses and malicious attacks, it also provides you with a summary of the websites that you may have received the viruses from so that in the future you avoid those sites. This is a very distinctive and valuable feature for me and I am very satisfied with McAfee.

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward McAfee is. it is supposed to protect your device and it does it in the best possible way. it runs in the background so that it doesn't interrupt your work, whenever a threat occurs it will handle it and when you open McAfee it will give you a list of the threats and the sites where they came from so that you stay away from those sites in the future. Also, if you have a big company and are afraid of possible threats and malware online attacks, McAfee can protect your entire Network and establishment. it is very easy to administrate and control.

Cons

When you've been using McAfee for a long time, your PC might get slower over time as it keeps updating itself and using more and more CPU. However, if your device is strong enough, that should not be a problem!

Dilraj from Click Labs

Great software for protecting your system!!

Overall McAfee Security is very reliable for keeping your system secure and protecting it from malware and viruses. Its very lightweight for keeping your system stable and secure and does not decrease the performance of your system. Web usage can also be secured using this software as it can prevent you from opening malware/viruses in your system or on the web. The periodic scans help in keeping the integrity of the system by running these checks in the background.

Pros

McAfee is really lightweight and helps in protecting your system against the threat of viruses/malware. The system scans can be scheduled periodically in the background and it does not compromise the performance of the system at all.

Cons

Some of the viruses/malware can pass through McAfee which can compromise the security of the system. The basic features are available in the free version but if the user is serious about their systems security then they will definitely need to buy a licensed version.

Stayn from Microsoft

McAfee is an efficient working tool with utmost security precision.

McAfee is my primary choice for securing the network and the system. By far , it has been quite productive for me by securing my files which saves me tons of time and lots of money.

Pros

McAfee consists of high precision features which ensures max security over the browsing activities and servers. It highly secures the browsers and systems and keeps the systems scanned for any harmful viruses or malwares. It also makes sure to keep the system secured from any harmful content from any plugin devices. We can also ensures safety by scheduling system scans or manually checks malwares from any files or folders.

Cons

Although McAfee works well but it also consumes lots of system memory and slows down the whole working system. Due to its higher precision security , we have also lost few of our precious working files just because they got infected. Still, for me its overall performance is quite well.

Roberta from Our Lady of Guadalupe Academy

Complete Protection - Trustworthy

I have used the program at home on up to 20 computers and they all work well with the McAfee. At school we have used McAfee on our server and workstations. I like that it updated behind the scenes and was not a memory hog. It was a little difficult to do major updates to the program and not all computers would get the engine. Uninstalling was very difficult. We recently went over to Norton at the suggestion of the tech company we contract with.

Pros

Easy to install and works well on PC. I have been using McAfee for about 20 years and it is my go to company for virus software. In the past I have needed to scan a computer for viruses using the online scan and it cleaned my computer every time. I trust McAfee.

Cons

I have a Mac and PC environment. The PC version of McAfee has numerous ways to scan for viruses and spyware. It is always very effective, but the Mac version is not as well written as the PC. I don't feel it keeps my Macs as clean as my PC's.

Carefree Internet Security

Pros

McAfee Endpoint Security is provided to us as part of our internet service package. I have found it to be easy to set up and leave alone to do its job. I will go in every now and again and check the logs but have found McAfee to be always secure.

Cons

No complaints from me on McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

We went with McAfee Endpoint over Norton Security because of costs. McAfee was provided to us as part of our internet provider's package. As a starting business, we needed to find ways to save money.

Christopher from CD Computer Services

The original AV for Business

We've have had a positive experience with it. With growing pains, we were able to get it installed on our 2012 server, and checking for updates each day. It's very easy from the control panel to see what clients are out of date or which clients haven't checked in. It's very easy to push updates downstream and do it silently from the user. Would recommend for any business environment.

Pros

Easy to manage, migrate, and deploy software to network computers Easy to add additional users to subscription Easy to use admin panel to push down updates instead of having 100+ clients download updates individually.

Cons

Price - it can be pretty pricey as gaps in the software is for 1-25 users and then 25-50, so having 26 users causes you to pay for another 24 users you may not use. Setup can be a bit cumbersome if you don't designate a server or set one up, as you have to go in and manually turn off syncs and install it in stand-alone mode.

Gulsel from D-Smart

Fast Powerful Reliable

Pros

An antivirus solution that provides maximum security with low resource consumption on the client. I would say that it works much more optimized and consistent than many similar products. Fast virus database update keeps users safe.

Cons

Occasionally blocking existing applications on the computer. We can overcome these by negotiating with the IT department.

Sara from LIfePoint Church

Great, Simple Solution

Great way to protect your computer! Easy and affordable.

Pros

McAfee is a great solution for keeping your internet usage safe. It protects your computer without blocking your functions and capabilities.

Cons

I have not had any issues with McAfee Endpoint Security yet. It works as it should and does not have any complications.

Jorge from Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great Security Solution

It´s been a good experience so far. The product has been deployed and used for sometime with no roadblocks on his core functions.

Pros

- Easy to deploy and setup for the First Time - Light resources usage on Client Machines - It gets updated frequently - Robust Virus detection engine - Easy Administration and client monitoring

Cons

- McAfee Support is not that good. They need to improve their Technical Support Team. The response time is too high. - Could be somewhat pricey.

Reasons for Choosing McAfee Endpoint Protection Essential for SMB

We based our decision on products review and partner advices.

Brandon from Unilab Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

A Good enterprise security tool

A great product, working as intended. Implementation was easy and fast, when our org implemented the tool, they just pushed the installation remotely to all devices connected to our enterprise network and installation was don in minutes. Did not notice any impact on my laptops overall performance.

Pros

Implementation was easy. Seamless proactive protection. It is integrated to our enterprise security information and event management. It has least/no impact on the performance of our workstations. With the number of blocked incidents reported, I can say that this solution functions as intended.

Cons

It's firewall feature seems to have an incompatibility issue with our laptops and in our cloud service provider. Though it rooted from our organization's poor planning in acquiring the software, I think its still worth mentioning just a heads up for anyone to consider these incompatibility issues.

Farid from Gilan Holding LLC

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Effective corporate endpoint protection with a lot of features

It keeps secured every computer on the network. We can focus on new ideas while McAfee Endpoint Security takes care of security.

Pros

Managing and protecting your personal files, documents and business plans became essential issue in nowadays. To stay ahead of competitors in the market you should apply advanced technologies and protect your new plans. Therefore you will need effective corporate endpoint protection. Among corporate endpoint security products my company’s choice is McAfee Endpoint Security. Because it delivers maximum security with complete protection against attacks and infections. Another advantage of McAfee Endpoint Security is compatibility. You can use it almost in any operating system. After observing McAfee Endpoint Security’s success in our company I switched to it on my personal computer too. McAfee Endpoint Security is also available in mobile devices. I use an android device and I have entrusted my phone’s security to McAfee Endpoint Security too.

Cons

All is great but whenever full scan starts my computer starts working slower than usual.But I can stand for it as long as it keeps my files secured.

Jessica from Dawson Grey Real Estate

Great Security for my laptot

This software has kept my computer running smoothly.

Pros

This software has been great and my computer runs fine with it installed. So far no virus or annoying popup windows.

Cons

This software works great and nothing to note of that would be least liked. I currently use this software and plan to continue to do so.

Dennis H. from William Lea Tag

A strong antivirus to protect our devices from powerful threats.

McAfee Endpoint Security is a best tool for removing and detecting the virus to stop them from entering in our system from different website. Many effected files try to enter in our system but this suit detect the and remove them instantly. It can also scan portable devices connected with our system. Mobile version is also available and so helpful for user to keep safe my cell from various and harmful viruses.

Pros

McAfee is an Endpoint Security for our devices and provides us complete security against threats. Security Features are quite enough for protecting our several devices form attack our devices. Easy to install on all kind of devices, and provides us great security to our system. Custom and deep scan is very useful for us to scan all drives of systems and remove the virus safely. McAfee worked 24/7 and secure our system from online threats.

Cons

McAfee antivirus is good but license subscription is very tricky and expensive so it need to be more economical for us to purchase the premium version. Full system scan takes so much time to complete and also slow down our system. Automatic updates are good but it should be upgrade manually as per our needs. McAfee require a lot of memory for work and sometime system got stuck while working.

Elvira from BankofBaku LLC

Advanced security and realtime protection

It saved my computer from infection several times.Thanks to it my files are safe and secure.

Pros

For me the best feature of McAfee Endpoint Security is realtime protection. Whenever I visit any website if the website contains anything dangerous it prevents me opening such websites. Usually such websites seems user friendly and family friendly. Maybe they will not steal your information, but most of them infect your computer and show you disturbing ads. I came across with such cases in my personal experience but after installing McAfee Endpoint Security all kind of malwares detected and deleted. McAfee Endpoint Security is also using machine learning system which is improving itself while detecting new viruses. It updates virus database regularly to maintain more advanced security.

Cons

Sometimes it reacts while installing a new software which is safe. It is a little annoying but considering that there would be some thread or infection I think I can stand for it.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,369 reviews