All Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews

Alejandra

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2022

McAfee is an affordable protection plan for your computer

Amanda Josalene

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Use on my main PC & Laptop for security

McAfee helped me choose their software easily by providing me with a lot of detailed information and the pros to using their service. Their free trial helped me get a feel for the software & application, and I ended up purchasing their package so I could have security I needed for my computers.

PROS

McAfee has been my main security & virus screening application on my main computer (Windows) and laptop (Apple) since I first purchased both of them. I used McAfee due to the simple user interface and the accuracy. McAfee also does rather quick screenings in the background as well, so I don’t always have to go in and manually warrant a full computer scan. I find this conviennent because it usually slips my mind to do a computer scan, especially while I am busy doing work. Having a reliable virus/security screening software like this has been incredibly important for me since I am an online worker and own an online apparel business as well, meaning I absolutely need that extra layer of security on my computers to prevent me from getting hacked, spied on, losing my information, etc. I spend a lot of time using my computers and process sales online, so I cannot afford the risk of getting a virus or having anything hacked on my computer. McAfee also has regular needed updates, so it is never outdated and never working improperly.

CONS

I don’t have cons; I haven’t had to use their customer service yet, but I have heard mainly good things from others who had to use contact their customer service for any help.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

I made the switch from Norton because I found McAfee to have more benefits for the price.

Joshua

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Best in the industry

PROS

McAfee is a trusted and well-known brand. Their speciality has always been computer security; this makes me feel a bit more at ease when it comes to protecting my business devices. It integrates well with MacOS and iOS, so setting it up was very easy. The best thing perhaps is that it does the job very well without needing to bog down CPU/memory usage.

CONS

There isn't really anything in particular that I don't like about this software.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton AntiVirus made my MacBook run very, very slow.

Edgar

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

A classic antivirus backed by his brand

Admittedly, McAfee is an industry leader with solutions that are always up-to-date in their protection features, giving you peace of mind that you have a good protection software tool. Whenever possible, McAfee will be one of the best alternatives that exist in the market for this type of software.

PROS

I have known about the McAfee solution for decades; I remember that in the first computers that I acquired they were always given to me with McAfee installed or, failing that, the only known brand of antivirus to buy and install was McAfee. You felt protected because you had that tool on your computer, which is why today it is for me a classic in this industry, a classic that is backed by its name, because we know that McAfee is synonymous with a good product, with quality and guarantee to fulfill its job. It is known and I must admit it, McAfee is one of the manufacturers of protection software that guides this industry and the market, for this reason the solutions they offer are always at the forefront, their solutions are robust and complete to really offer total protection. , which I no longer consider an advantage in McAfee, it is already part of its added value.

CONS

From my point of view, I like simplicity, I consider that excess is harmful because when you have such a complete solution and that allows you such a detailed configuration of what you want, it forces it to have a certain behavior in its performance. , and honestly, for me, this is reflected in the total performance of the computer: it becomes slower, which is not to the liking of many people. It may be that my computer is more protected by using a McAfee solution, but I don't want it to be slower than it was before installing that tool. I know that my computer tends to get slow when using McAfee, the most unpleasant thing is that an OS update forces or suggests you to use it. It is very common in Windows updates that, among one of many, you install a McAfee client without realizing it, and I say without realizing it because when you put automatic updates (for the convenience of the user) you suddenly realize that your computer is already slower and self-installed (you didn't see the update details to say no) that tool, and when you already have antivirus software installed previously, McAfee detects it as malware or something that needs to be removed from your computer.

Nawal

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Excellent protection from cyber threats

PROS

The demo offered by Trellix Endpoint Security is a lifesaver for new users, allowing them to confidently navigate the platform's features before committing. Plus, its excellent customer support ensures your security concerns are always addressed efficiently.

CONS

It is a little challenging to figure out how to use Trellix Endpoint Security at first if you lack the experience. However, you will find a lot of information that will help you get started. Expanding the resources to include Arabic on the main website would support more users.

Fidelis

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2023

My piller of hope for reliable security for my systems.

So far so perfect. I appreciate the services Trellix Endpoint Security offers. Protection to the top.

PROS

Having much on my shoulder as a director, some information may get out of hand to defaulters. I realized the damage it would cause me in the long run. Definitely Trellix keeps all the fears doomed and lifts my confidence high if when am away for other duties.

CONS

I had some rough time integrating this software with my existing systems especially because I had not ventured into technology deeper. All thanks to the customer service team they sorted my issues immediately.

JAZE

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

McAfee Endpoint Security Is Solid As A Rock!!

I have a complete piece of mind all the time when using my PC. This software takes actions against threats immediately so as long as it's updated, I am never worried about cyber attacks.

PROS

This software comes with a defensive technology designed to protect your PC, correct your PC and detect malware/viruses on your PC throughout the lifecycle of an attack by using advanced machine learning and reputation-based counter-measures. Easy to use and even easier to manage, it becomes more intelligent as new attacks become more intelligent.

CONS

I find that the software does pop-up a lot to make you aware of its presence on your PC. At times while I'm busy watching content on my computer, it likes to advertise its new features inappropriately but I would rather be safe than sorry so I just minimize it.

Reason for choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

McAfee has been a brand I have trusted for years and although Avast was becoming rather popular in recent years, I felt more comfortable using what has never let me down before.

Amy

Executive Office, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

MacAfee…Maybe

I really like McAfee I think it’s a solid fortress for any computer any where. It has unbeatable fire walls and the darn thing won’t let the dust bear your machine.

PROS

What I like is that this software is like having an army wrapped around my computer. It lets nothing go unnoticed, very secure and inexpensive

CONS

What I like least about this is the alerts are a bit over whelming and disruptive. There are several alarms which are interruptions when in the middle of a project

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

I switched because Norton was not alarming me when there were threats in my system and it had minimal features at that time it’s been years ago.

André

Chemicals, 501-1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

A very solid antivirus solution

Solid protection, the company has years of experience on this industry, the price could be a problem to small to medium companies, and it is a very easy to use solution.

PROS

It has a solid protection database, with the McAfee expertise of decades going through viruses and other menaces on internet, also, it is easy to deploy and use, the features on the client side are very easy to understand and control it.

CONS

The price compared to the other peers is not so good, I can say that about Brazil, do not know if it is a problem on other countries. Sometimes even when you put a file or site on the whitelist, it takes some time to replicate it, even forcing us to reboot the computer to get the configuration done.

Reason for choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

By the time, it was the most solid and reliable solution on the market.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Price, features and deployment tools and configurations.

Syed Amir

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2022

McAfee - Antivirus

Overall experience has been great. It's an amazing antivirus application which gives you complete satisfaction and sense of security.

PROS

The best part is that I have never faced any antivirus issue in my laptop till the time I was using this software. So, kudos to that

CONS

First of all, I don't like the UI and then the frequent updates

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

I switched my company and there were using McAfee

Anthony

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2021

McAfee could be better, but it gets the job done.

PROS

McAfee has protected all 250+ workstations that my team and I manage on a daily basis. It is a solution for security that has been around for a long time and has always done a good job of quarantining viruses on our machines and making sure that no threats remain prevalent in any way.

CONS

McAfee had a lot of issues when it came into integrating it into our IT infrastructure. The applications suffers a lot from the inability to receive automatic updates in some cases, compatibility issues with VPN software that we use, as well as hoarding system resources from time to time. The product can work seamlessly in some cases, but in others it is a complete mess. This inconsistency makes me want to reconsider using this security solution sometimes.

Eric

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

It gets the job done and can you see all your end points

It was a great software to use in our environment and having visibility in even a WAN based environment it was important.

PROS

Rolling out this software to your environment is quick and easy including policies for endpoints. The software works well and protects against all aspects of security for a pc

CONS

If there is ever an update that isn't complete and it rolls out to your endpoints it can crash your OS

Alexander

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed December 2019

More Annoying the the Viruses it Handles

McAfee helped protect client computers from cyber-attacks, however I had better experiences with other products.

PROS

McAfee can often be found bundled with other software for free, and is better than Windows Defender in most cases.

CONS

McAfee is constantly trying to make you part with your money, and seems never to be as up-to-date as its rivals in Symantec and AVG.

Sebnem

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Good protection against viruses and malwares.

We have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for years. The software is so successful for protecting your endpoints. If you use this software with McAfee ePO which is centralized security management software, you can easily configure, use and manage

PROS

McAfee Endpoint Security is one of the most important security software in our company. The software is so good in malware and virus protection. McAfee Endpoint Security not only protects against viruses and/or malwares but also has fabuluous functionality to repair infected files. Also, software has an excellent reporting capabilities.

CONS

The software requires a lot of RAM, because of consumption of McAfee resources is so high. Computers slow down while scanning. Antiphishing capability is little bit poor.

Reason for choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

We did some POC on a few products and we chose the McAfee Enpoint Security because of the good overall functionality.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Our license was over. We have researched new products and decided to use McAfee Endpoint Security.

Waldemar

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

McAfee - affordable, simple and effective antivirus software

I found McAfee to be a versatile security suite offering not only standard antivirus endpoint protection but also a wide-selection of useful tools and features, I am extremely fond of the product and I've been ultilizing it on both my company and personal PC's for years at this point. It is definatelly my go-to antivirus software and I can recommend it to anyone.

PROS

McAfee is an affordable all-purpose security suite. In my view the product offers an unmatched price-to-quality ratio. McAfee provides an effective threat-fightning toolkit including covering not only the basic end-point protection but also quick clean for cache management, ransom-guard, web booster and many more. .

CONS

The database updates although not as straining on the system as what I have experienced using other products are still legthy and I see there is a space for improvement.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton has been extremely straining on my system, something that I did not observe when utilizing McAfee.

Dwayne

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

McAfee Endpoint Security is the only security I trust with my business.

My overall experience is that I am protected. I see the amount of attacks my network defends on a daily basis and that is enough for me to know that McAfee is doing it's job. My network is pounded on a daily basis and the fact that not one of them has gotten through means a lot to me.

PROS

I like how easy it is to use. I like the look of it. And the protection it provides me and my business on a daily basis. The cost is relative to the services you receive. I get a great price with two years protection.

CONS

The program runs a little slow at times. This makes it using McAfee somewhat frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton was slow and I seemed to always have a problem with something getting through and attacking my computers and network.

Faith

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Data Security

It is easy to use and successfully protects us from malware and intrusions.

PROS

Firstly, it was easy to deploy in our organization and it didn't take us time to implement everything and have a secure work environment. It works seamlessly with our devices and other software that we use. It doesn't slow down our hardware demanding system but rather cleans it to have a smooth experience. It is easy to use with a self explanatory dashboard and non technical language to ensure smooth usage. It covers both data security and network security to ensure that our system is fully protected.

CONS

They need to be updating it frequently and bring in smart computer notifications that do not block content when using the computer.

Reason for choosing Trellix Endpoint Security

It has advanced technology in protecting us from threats.

Ronald

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Good Deal

I have been using McAfee for many years and it has always worked good for me. Only once did I get a virus before I installed McAfee. I installed it, it found the virus and eradicated it.

PROS

It works in the background and you wouldn't even know it's there. I have never had a virus since I started using it and it doesn't slow my computer down

CONS

A popup that tells you that it did a scan once in a while might be nice, but IO do like how it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. Other than that I don't have any problems with this software

Reasons for switching to Trellix Endpoint Security

Norton was slowing my computer down and I decided to try something new.

salman