All Netwrix Auditor Reviews

Reviewed June 2021

Great Tool for Sys Admins

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

The additional set of eyes you need.

PROS

Netwrix Auditor was easy to deploy and you can very quickly gain deep insights into what is occurring in your environment. A huge positive is that a single application can provide data for so many different environments.

CONS

Not a knock against the software itself, but in some cases, requirements for certain audit features could be documented a bit better or more centrally. Perhaps this has been improved upon since my initial deployment 5+ years ago.

Max

Construction, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Great Multipurpose Auditing Tool!

Overall, things have been great while using the Netwrix Auditor. Support is fantastic, the tool has a lot of useful reports for compliance, permissions, identifying broken accounts, monitoring and more. The Active Directory auditing is also useful; something I missed on putting in the Pro section because of a character limit. I hope others find this tool as helpful as I have.

PROS

Let me start off by saying that there are many things to love about the Netwrix Auditor. If you are looking for a tool that can bring value and accountability to your department, continue reading. One of the primary things I like about the Netwrix Auditor is the reporting tool; there are reports for anything you can think of. These reports are useful to present to different departments in your company for different things. Management may find utile reports that show all permissions a folder has. This can help them weed out any members that should not have access to things. The IT department may also find useful reports that identity orphaned SIDs. There are also reports that can be used for anomaly detection - meaning, when a mass action (such as a deletion and movement of files) is done, an email will be sent. Another facet of the Netwrix Auditor I like is the setup of the subscription plans. Unlike the ad-hoc nature of reports, these subscription plans can be used to run certain reports on a schedule. This allows you to always be informed when things are triggered or when looking for a scheduled report needed for management. The alerting feature works great and has never caused an issue. One last Pro I will mention is how easy it is to upgrade the Netwrix Auditor. When there is a new version being released, upgrading is very straight forward. Upgrading retains your monitoring plans, subscription reports, and also providers better features with the new version.

CONS

The only Con I can mention about the Netwrix Auditor is that the reporting feature can appear difficult to use. You will spend some time trying to get reports to work with the fields they give you. Although, it's not difficult, you just need to jump into it. Support will very gladly help you with any issues or bumps you run into; support is amazing! Given what they offer in reporting, this is my only minor complaint. If you ever find that you are looking for a report they don't have, contact support.

Stan

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2017

I have found the most reliable feature of the software is "No data is available "

The visibility on changes in Active Directory is incredibly valuable.

PROS

When the software works as advertised the information collection and reporting is far easier than attempting to extract the date from convoluted Microsoft logs using problematic scripts. The advertised data collection is extensive, and covers the most critical areas needed by a small business IT department with a limited staff. The active directory reporting is incredibly valuable and should be a mandatory for any business with or without a dedicated IT department.

CONS

Getting the data collection to work, and then keeping the data collection working is almost nothing short of an exercise in futility. The purpose of the software is to collect and report data, and yet Netwrix does not seem to hold back on making the process seem like a customer problem by providing numerous dead end resolutions. The lack of data collection troubleshooting tools does not go unnoticed.

Anthony

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Netwrix Auditor (AD, File, Windows Server, Logon Activity Auditing)

My Company has been using Netwrix since 2013, and it has been great for us. We love the reports that it generates around our Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Servers etc., including the alerts that we subscribe to for delivery. We've also used the Audit reports for our Auditing request, which we can produce in minutes with Netwrix, which used to take us days to put together. We've also used as a training tool to teach helpdesk level personnel, as it helped us capture errors that were done in Active Directory (and reverted back with the nifty Rollback feature), and that allowed us to customize training for an new employees while working in Active Directory. Wading through event viewer events is no fun and very tedious, enter Netwrix that makes much more efficient, as you can build reports on a specific object and/or date range. I can’t tell you how many times we've used it to trace a lockout of a user and where exactly the user was being locked out from - incredibly helpful, as this occurs with regularity. Netwrix has been absolutely brilliant for us, it's auditing, alerting and reporting capabilities has been and continues to be of great use for my Company. I must also give kudos to the Netwrix helpdesk, as there are very knowledgeable and have assisted successfully on numerous occasions. Highly recommend Netwrix for any company that’s looking to audit their internal systems, with great reporting and alerting for all your critical and non-critical systems.

PROS

Ease of installation and usage, Reporting, alerts, etc.

CONS

I noticed that the new version of Netwrix tends to eat up a lot more hardrive disk space, but this is due to fine tuning Audit. Without proper tuning, it will easily eat up 100GB - which is what I experienced.

Jordan

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great tool for network visibility

I find visibility to be one of the greatest tools as a network manager. Netwrix gives me the ability to monitor file actions as well as account actions that may tip me off to a security breach on the network. Or, if an employee wants to know the exact reason a file went missing I am able to query Netwrix and provide an exact answer, even a screen capture of the event in progress if I wanted. With customizable notifications I am able to get on the spot information when specific events occur, like somebody attempting to log into a Domain Administrator's account without authorization. Though a little expensive, it is better to have the security Netwrix auditor provides than to allow a network breach go unnoticed until it is too late.

PROS

Easy to setup monitor AD, Logs, Events, etc customizable notifications visibility into files, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office 365, Azure, etc advanced features that help track down file actions, like screen captures or recordings of the actual event

CONS

The interface is sluggish can cause some network interference if not tuned properly cost

Christopher

Banking, 11-50 employees

Great Overview of your Systems

I have been able to provide real-time reporting for AD changes and several other administrative functions that we did not have the ability to before which has allowed the institution to focus on our core products and information flow.

PROS

We are a smaller financial institution with limited staff and the automated reporting has been a great time saver for me to review various selected events. There are more than enough predefined reports to meet many of our oversight needs

CONS

I do have some issues with trying to understand the licensing and when we had to had other modules. Perhaps someone coming from an IT administration or CIO background would understand it better.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Netwrix Auditor for Dummies

We got this product to assist with our NIST 800-171 compliance with our aerospace customers. The logs and information it provides are invaluable.

PROS

It's very easy to configure most of what you'll want to log directly out of the box. The parts that are a little more confusing are easily done with talking to support. This is overall a great product and one that I've needed for years.

CONS

When you don't work with the setups on a regular basis it's sometimes time consuming to go back and make changes or add/delete things. Since it basically runs itself I haven't touched the setup in months.

Kevin

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Product has consistently worked and is very reliable

Saved a lot of time with end users.

PROS

The product has always worked for us and is extremely easy to manage. The cost was definitely right for the product.

CONS

Only problem is that I haven't explored all the options that Netwrix has to offer. The have a wide range of products and I've just scratched the surface.

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent auditing tool

PROS

This is a Swiss army knife of auditing tools. It's very flexible, and can audit about any major software you use, including online clouds such as Office 365.

CONS

The interface is not the most intuitive.

Where did that file go?

PROS

We use most of the functionality but it allows us to easily diagnose files that have "gone missing" due to user error.

CONS

Sometimes it takes awhile to return a query. Other than that I have no complaints.

Jack

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Invaluable solution for our Microsoft Active Directory auditing requirements.

Ease of addressing our Microsoft audit/compliance activities.

PROS

Netwrix provides a thorough, easy to use interface to address supporting documentation for almost all of our Microsoft audit requirements. We have been able to easily produce the documentation and evidence for all requests from our audit team with ease. Something that used to take a considerable amount of time to compile.

CONS

Would prefer that the client be web based, as opposed to the Windows client that is used today. Additional detail in error reports to help identify exactly what is not working would be extremely helpful as well. We occasionally have to do quite a bit of exploration to determine exactly what component is generating the error.

Akash

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Netwrix is great, simple to setup, easy to use.

Auditing of Active Directory and File Servers. Password expiration notification, disabling unused computer and user accounts.

PROS

Netwrix is very easy to use, very easy to setup. It provides great information and lets you audit your environment very easily

CONS

Documentation could be a little better, but support was great with assisting in setup and they constantly reach out to see how things are going.

Dennis

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Great for audit and exams.

Audit compliance.

PROS

I like the daily reports that Netwrix sends to the Officers on the network functions. Federal and state guidelines require someone keeps track of the network admins changes to the network. Netwrix Auditor emails a morning report every work day describing the changes made to Active Directory on all our Domain Controllers.

Jesse

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Easy to implement and quickly gain value from reporting

Various default reports are vary useful... i.e. NIST, PCI, etc. reporting

PROS

Quick and easy deployment. Most features do not require an agent. Video monitoring of server sessions is a really cool features that we actually use.

CONS

Because there is to no support for Cisco products, we are forced to look into alternatives for a fully capable SIEM.

Rich

Reviewed July 2017

While it may lack features a few people will claim are needed, it offers what most people need.

PROS

The prebuilt reports for so many areas of compliance. The option to install a client rather than RDPing to the server is nice.

CONS

The arduous task of creating an alert via the server console. And on this console (and I know this is not technically a SEIM), it would be nice if there were already pre-built alerts that we could simply enable for the most common security threats. The client interface is great for showing you what you are looking for if you wanted to print a PDF. I don't want a PDF view in the interface though. I want to see data returned in rows that I can filter live, sort columns, drill down on data, pivot on data, etc... Again, these features encroach on SEIM territory, but for what this product is, it kinda should have it. I am open to discussing further if you need more clarification.

Santosh

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2017

Now we can find out and monitored Administrative changes in our domain.

Able to monitored administrative changes happening in our domain.

PROS

I like Data collection method about this software. Summary change audit reports are good which save time to generate report and check.

CONS

Upgraded versions having complex reporting module which creates problem while generating any reports.

Stephen