All NordVPN Reviews

Vasilis

Program Development, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

An affordable VPN

It's an excellent VPN and is honest for its price.

PROS

Friendly interface, Kill Switch (it cuts internet when not connected to VPN), 5500 servers worldwide, works in desktop and mobile. NordVPN has a very competitive price and frequent updates. You'll have split tunneling, which means you can optionally choose which apps use VPN-protected connections. Onion over VPN for enhanced privacy and anonymity - that goes slow, of course, but onion goes slow by its structure. Some less popular functions are still included, like custom DNS or invisibility on LAN, and there is an option there to block ads and malicious websites. I didn't use that last one, but it might be tricky as it is unclear how it works, so I have it disabled.

CONS

Russia is out. They have 5500 servers, as they say, but there is not even one in Russia. Not everybody needs Russia; however, it's not there. Sometimes it's not connecting automatically on computer startup. However, if you have the kill switch enabled, it's not connecting until you enable it manually, so you're protected. 2- The Split tunneling seems that doesn't work with all apps. For example, I tried to let the signal connect directly but can't. The same problem is with some other apps. But that might not be NordVPN's problem because some 'foxy' apps like WhatsApp are build to bypass VPN and connect directly. 3 - They had one server hacked for one month. Press was pointing that as a substantial significant deficiency BUT, that isn't a problem at all. First of all, it was just one server out of 5500 servers which is equal to nothing. And - in the end, the majority of sites already have HTTPS, so what a hacker might see is, the IP [whatever] - is connected to [Amazon]. There is no sensitive information to be leaked.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

For ProtonVPN, I wrote a review already; ExpressVPN is good but more expensive, and I had some issues with installation.

Aleksandr

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Great vpn packed in somewhat troubled software.

It is ok. Reinstall it manually, write down the full set of packages it require for work (affect Win and mac only, mobile devices are fine to the best of my knowledge). use their DNS as an alternative to public DNS and especially (!) to the dns provided by your network providers, they are always full of ads and unwanted redirects. Take a look at their password manager. It is not quite clear why to use them instead of free keypass but who knows, may be this is what you are looking for.

PROS

A lot of endpoints across all the world. Clients for Win, MacOs, iOS, Android. Very intuitive and reach options, you may choose the tunnel type you want. Number of supplement software: password manager, cloud encryption, secure dns. As far as I noticed NordVPN goes very easy on the battery which is very important during the trips. NordVPN team puts a lot of efforts into making the exit nodes "clean", i.e. - keep them out of black/block lists. It is not always possible, of course, but at least they keep things under control. Quite a lot of documentations to set up nord vpn on most routers or smart devices. Speed is overall very good, depending obviously on country and area, but still - NordVPN seems not to attempt to save money on providing mediocre service, they really invest in hardware and wires. NordVPN withstand independent security checks and to the best of public knowledge they do not keep any records on user's activity. They were first to leave Russia which demand to keep records - that should mean something, right?

CONS

Well, on a flip side - there are a number of issues with the software. First of all, it is not quite stable. While session being established last until you switch it off, the application itself may just stop to connect, out of nowhere. Reinstall may not help. Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually. NordVPN software may literally kill your network connection after you disconnect from their service. It happens because it fails to restore the routes, reboot will help for casual customers while advanced may just restore the settings without reboot, but this is definitely not what you expect from "secure browsing". Support - is mediocre. You may wait for answer forever, periodically decline one more suggest to reinstall. To me - there is no support at all, at least for personal users. Things might be different for corporate, though. Software update on Apple device may fail with "unable to download" for weeks. Not sure how to fix that unless you are ready to install it manually downloading the package from their website.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

TunnelBear has issues both with exit nodes set, their stability, speed and software.

JayAnne

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Cancellation of Service

AWFUL. Please look at the CON description.

PROS

It is fairly easy to use once installed.

CONS

I had a very specific issue with Nord VPN. We purchased the NordVPN + NordPass and were required to pay 1 year upfront which we did in January 2023. Then in August 2023, I tried to login and it said our subscription ended. I thought that was odd since we paid for 12 months. I contacted customer service. They explained that they had suspended my account (without notice) and will terminate it completely. I asked why that was the case. They responded with a canned statement saying that their automated tools have suspected "web scraping or other activities" that violate their software agreement. Not a tech person here, so I have no idea what that means and became immediately concerned that my account had been breached. I asked them to investigate if the account had in fact been breached and if someone else had my account credentials or suspicious logins through Nord. They responded that they will not refund and the account is suspended indefinitely. Then I asked about the investigation to find out if there was an actual breach and they did not want to investigate. I do not feel security or customer service is top on their priority. I suggest a different VPN service that has a little more transparency.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

Poor customer service. They refuse to investigate a suspected account breach.

Matt

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Hands down the best Vpn

PROS

NordVPN is second to none! Hands day the most user friendly and secure VPN on the market - There is no better and ive tried a lot

CONS

i do not have a single negative word about NORDVPN

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

Better service makes all other providers look like amateurs

Ngala Emmanuel

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

It's worth using

NordVPN helps me gain access to websites and services that are limited to only certain zones. It also protects my presence only from hackers and malicious tools that can possibly compromise my data.

PROS

The reason why I'm very likely to recommend Nord VPN services to my peers is because it actually works well. I've been using this software for over 2 years now and I don't see any other VPN that outbeats it.It helps me to accomplish several tasks online and get access to services that originally I couldn't. The application offers a couple of cool features that really enhance browsing security.For example, I can connect to more than 3 different locations at once, and there is an option that automatically disconnects me from the internet whenever I reboot my PC. This potential stops trackers from tracking me even apps in the background.It's a really amazing VPN to use.

CONS

I haven't got any criticism regarding this software. I still use it today because it works well.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

I will say, that CyberGhost performs at an average rate compared to NordVpn. For example, CyberGhost is not consistent in terms of speed and I find its user interface a little complex to be comfortable with. It's a bit cluttered.

Kudakwashe

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Digital world and privacy

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

PROS

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

CONS

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Reason for choosing NordVPN

Its offers the top security and cheaper monthly prices than for example ExpressVPN which is the equal rival

Ian

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Very Secure VPN and Easy to Use

We have had a really good overall experience using NordVPN. We would recommend it to any company that is looking for more security layers for their network. The engineers were able to quickly learn the product and users had good feedback with its use.

PROS

The administration console had great configuration settings and rules that our techs were able to setup and deploy pretty quickly. The users were able to install the vpn without too much intervention. It has helped keep our data and network more secure.

CONS

The installs didn't always work and the users login credentials had to be reset often for them to be able to connect. The downtimes for trouble shooting issues was longer than expected.

Reason for choosing NordVPN

The ease of setup for users on their machines from NordVPN was a big factor in our decision to go with it.

Nabila

Investment Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

NordVPN help me to protect my digital footprint

This VPN is outstanding and it has achieved everything it promised in terms of a VPN. I use this app on a personal level, and it allows me to visit web pages in other states that are not available in my own country. It also allows me to watch Netflix from the United States and the United Kingdom in my own region. It has also aided me in my professional and personal endeavors.

PROS

I've been using this app for quite some time now, and I believe I can safely claim it's fantastic. I had used some free VPNs before buying this app, but they were ineffective and slowed down my link rates. Since I've had NordVPN, my link speed has been constant each time I use the app. The software also has a huge number of servers all around the world, which comes in handy if you want to stream Netflix or other apps in different countries. The NordVPN customer service team is also quick to respond and will guide you through any issues you may have. It is also quite user-friendly, simple to use, and fast. It can also bind up to five computers at the same time.

CONS

To be honest, I have no complaints or critical remarks about NordVPN. I've been using this app for a long time, and they've always achieved everything they promised in terms of a VPN. I don't have any complaints about NordVPN right now.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

ExpressVPN is not stable and my connection is constantly interrupted.

Hendrik

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Easy to use and adaptive VPN

Great tool especially for the pricing it comes at. A lot of discounts are given so sometimes waiting for the right moment is really beneficial.

PROS

It’s easy to use cross-platform and to setup. We are using this tool from both a security perspective as well as from a network testing perspective. It just works whenever you need it.

CONS

Sometimes when the connection is less stable the tool really doesn’t work at all. Which has a logical side to VPN’s in general but more information or notification would make this more clear.

Reason for choosing NordVPN

Both price and ease of use made us choose NordVPN

Mike

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

NordVPN - just don't waste your time and mony on the others. NordVPN is the best.

It sits on my taskbar doing its job exceptionally well and takes up no space at all.

PROS

It could not be simpler to use - it really is obvious what ti do.

CONS

None at all. I'm so pleased I bought into NordVPN

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

Surfshark slowed my computer down so much I had to ditch it.

Dmytro

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Why I choose NordVPN

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

PROS

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because: 1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results. 2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly 3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS) 4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

CONS

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

Reason for choosing NordVPN

I used all of them and made my own test to check which one would give me the best overall results (speed, number of devices used, simple settings, reputation). NordVPN showed the best results.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

HMA has terrible support that cannot solve even small problems. The VPN connection may disappear and you will not even notice it. The speed on the servers I need to use in (HMA and VyprVPN) is slower.

Hayden

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

PROS

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones I've tested, for things such as streaming Netflix from foreign countries, is surprisingly fast compared to NordVPN's colleagues, and especially free VPNs or even the VPN offered with quality virus protector's like Norton, which I has reviewed positively as well. Part of that is it's quick connect feature, which finds and connects you to the server with the fastest speeds available. But the long distance speeds are impressive at well, I've even heard of people's downloading speed INCREASING when connecting to far away countries. NordVPN...It is truly all it is chalked up to be.

CONS

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

The built in VPN for Norton Security was impressive, but not nearly as fast and feature heavy as everything offered by NordVPN, and based on the high praise I've experienced both online and from my trusted friends, I had to see for my self what the hype was about. The hype is deserved.

Claire

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Security while traveling

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

PROS

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

CONS

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

TunnelBear seemed to drop off often and I had problems connecting at times. NORD feels more sophisticated and reliable.

Christopher

Construction, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

NordVPN now you see me now you don't

I am very satisfied with NordVPN they have not let me down thus far. Also if something should happen to my money or identity Nord is on my case with lawyers and cash!

PROS

I like the fact that anytime I need to deal with money. I can switch on nordVPN and no one knows where in the world I am really doing business. It takes a lot of stress and worry off my mind. I have enough to worry about doing the job It feel good not to worry about the benefits of completing it. Also its nice to watch TV programs and Listen to music from a region we don't normally get hahaha!

CONS

I have to admit when you have nordVPN on the internet can be very very slow at times. So just be patient and think to yourself would I rather be safe and the job take 5 extra mins or would I like to gamble with my identity and the well being of my finance your lively hood!

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

I made the switch not because AVG is bad AVG is actually a really good company. The VPN service is quite slow though I needed something a bit quicker.

Oğuz

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

BEST VPN

To summarize it's a great VPN program. Prices of it are very cheap and affordable. Even if your country blocked vpn providers NordVPN gives you a freedom with special IP's for restricted countries. I recommend it to everyone.

PROS

First of all NordVPN has a lot of servers from all over the world. It has different types of servers like P2P, Obfuscated and Double VPN. I think the best feature of is double vpn because it's even more secure when you connect over two different countries.

CONS

Every time you close the app it sign outs automatically and you have to re-login every time when you enter the program. And it takes time. I think it should be fixed.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

The 3 year special plan of NordVPN is more affordable.

Dandre

Law Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Steaming and Downloading - Good VPN

Normal VPN. I cant say there is anything else that makes Nord VPN stand out from the rest except for seeing their adds where ever you go.

PROS

I like that I am able to download content from the internet and be sure that our the ISP's in my country would use that or my browsing history in their marketing data. My IP address is save and am able to steam any service and be able to use almost any website that is restricted in my 3 world country

CONS

Low to now service, It was almost impossible to speak to another human. I was directed to email or a live bot the entire time. I had difficulty to connect to a different server and wanted to know why but was not able to get that info out of a bot.

Reason for choosing NordVPN

From research it was apparently the fastest and had the most uptime

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

My tunnel bear trial expired and Nord VPN was better rated.

Isaac

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Fast and Cheap Security

My experience with NordVPN is great so far. I love to use it and not have to worry about my information and security being breached. It connects fast and is strong. It is worth the price for solid protection, instead of having your information being leaked by malicious users.

PROS

It is a good price for strong security. You can use a VPN for protection or to find items in different regions. It connects fast and has plenty of servers all around the world. It is definitely worth it. It works on multiple platforms and you can use it at home or on the go at a hotel or cafe. It is very reliable.

CONS

The program on computer might take a while to load up and you have to download it. Sometimes the notification messes up on if you are connected or disconnected.

Reasons for switching to NordVPN

I had a hard time connecting with Surfshark and the customer service did not help. So I looked into other VPNs and found NordVPN, and so far my experience is great.

1 employee