Browse NordVPN Reviews

Prince from PythonStacks

The Most Secure and Fast VPN service.

Pros

NordVPN has numerous servers around the world which make their VPN reach high levels of speed. They have the best live support and their network security is top-notch. their pricing compared to other VPN services is better.

Cons

User experience during authentication is not very great. I have not detected any flaws in their service, except making their apps available in more languages

Poor support.

Gleidy from FREE WORLD INC

Very good VPN

It has been an overall good experience with the software and functionality the applications is user friendly but sometimes annoying

Pros

It is very fast, it has many locations to choose, it works perfectly integrated in macOS and also on android phones. It is very reliable with security, easy to use, not so expensive

Cons

The app sign out a lot, they ask you to change password when they want and it pops out a window in front of everything in the macOS app, it is very annoying because it keeps interrupting my work frequently, it could have more countries. Upload speed sometimes freeze and I have to keep disconnecting to upload big files

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Servers are not in the US, log policy and price

Eitan from EitanTid

Industry: Market Research

December 2021

It's really slow, But easy to use

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use with its simple interface. It also has very friendly customer service. They are always ready to help you out. It gives you access to more than 5000 servers.

Cons

I'm frustrated with how slow the connection is. I've been a member of NordVPN for a very long time now and it has been frustrating. I've tried connecting on different devices and it is no different.

Rob from Praktijk Klassieke Homeopathie

Nice product but very poor customer support and no/bad connections

Privacy and security was an issue I tried to solve. Problems with updating, slow or no internet connection and poor customer service made me look for a different solution.

Pros

The benefits of this product are more privacy on the internet, the ability to block ads and the ability to use together with Netflix.

Cons

There are two definitive drawbacks: - Very poor customer support: they do not read e-mail, provide standard replies and generally give the impression they do not care about customers - Poor connection: more then once a day I do not have an internet connection when using the app on the phone or the laptop. Changing nothing but turn off the VPN created by NordVPN always solves the problem. This problem makes the software almost unusable en certainly unreliable. The other problem is that it is not compatible with all versions of Windows 10. I contacted support for this but they could not soklve the issue and could not care less.

Pascal from Paxscribes

Nord is the VPN you need!

NordVPN has really been helpful. It has also helped me secure my information while browsing the internet.

Pros

What I like most about NordVPN is that it is fast and safe when compared to other VPNs which could sometimes be really slow and frustrating.

Cons

What is dislike most about NordVPN is their customer service which takes a life time to respond. Also, I wish I can use it on multiple devices.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

NordVPN feels more user-friendly and reliable.

Aleksandr from ===

Great vpn packed in somewhat troubled software.

It is ok. Reinstall it manually, write down the full set of packages it require for work (affect Win and mac only, mobile devices are fine to the best of my knowledge). use their DNS as an alternative to public DNS and especially (!) to the dns provided by your network providers, they are always full of ads and unwanted redirects. Take a look at their password manager. It is not quite clear why to use them instead of free keypass but who knows, may be this is what you are looking for.

Pros

A lot of endpoints across all the world. Clients for Win, MacOs, iOS, Android. Very intuitive and reach options, you may choose the tunnel type you want. Number of supplement software: password manager, cloud encryption, secure dns. As far as I noticed NordVPN goes very easy on the battery which is very important during the trips. NordVPN team puts a lot of efforts into making the exit nodes "clean", i.e. - keep them out of black/block lists. It is not always possible, of course, but at least they keep things under control. Quite a lot of documentations to set up nord vpn on most routers or smart devices. Speed is overall very good, depending obviously on country and area, but still - NordVPN seems not to attempt to save money on providing mediocre service, they really invest in hardware and wires. NordVPN withstand independent security checks and to the best of public knowledge they do not keep any records on user's activity. They were first to leave Russia which demand to keep records - that should mean something, right?

Cons

Well, on a flip side - there are a number of issues with the software. First of all, it is not quite stable. While session being established last until you switch it off, the application itself may just stop to connect, out of nowhere. Reinstall may not help. Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually. NordVPN software may literally kill your network connection after you disconnect from their service. It happens because it fails to restore the routes, reboot will help for casual customers while advanced may just restore the settings without reboot, but this is definitely not what you expect from "secure browsing". Support - is mediocre. You may wait for answer forever, periodically decline one more suggest to reinstall. To me - there is no support at all, at least for personal users. Things might be different for corporate, though. Software update on Apple device may fail with "unable to download" for weeks. Not sure how to fix that unless you are ready to install it manually downloading the package from their website.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

TunnelBear has issues both with exit nodes set, their stability, speed and software.

Alexander from Kunashko Counselling

Industry: Mental Health Care

December 2021

Nord vpn: Privacy you can depend on

Easy to set up, I always remember to turn it in (which was a big problem with my previous con software). Is designed so that no matter how computer illiterate you are you can successfully operate this program. Also, the customer support was amazing!!!!

Pros

I don’t have to have the government or other websites track me all the time, anytime I’m online!

Cons

I’m terms of the price it could have been a bit cheaper but it is still overall a good value for the money

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Cost was the main thing. All the others were unexpected bonuses that I was delighted to have!!!!!!

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Ipvanish was getting to be too expensive over time.

NordVPN for a Engineering Student

Overall this is one of the best designed software which I ever use. User interface is very easy to get familiar. The functionality of the software is outstanding and it was able to fulfil my every requirements which I expected from the VPN service. I highly recommend this and you can try the trial version first if you want. But I recommend to buy the pro version and you will not regret with it.

Pros

When I was doing my final year research, I had to access some websites and software which not available to my region. Therefore I had to find out a reliable and secure VPN service. There are lot of free VPN service apps are available in the internet. But most of them are scams and unsecure platforms. Those use to expose over valuable personal data to the other parties and most of the time end up with get hacking the users. Therefor choosing a proper VPN application is not an easy task. I ask from lot of VPN users about their experiences in those kind of applications. Finally I decided to buy the NordVPN with many recommendations. Firstly It able to fulfil my main requirement with 100% satisfaction. It has many VPN regions to select and it was very helpful to me. When considering security, many of my friend share with me their bad experience of the free VPN applications and luckily I wasn't face any kind of that bad experiences with the NodeVPN. I think that's the best experience which I can give about the security of the application. I highly recommend this supplication to any one who searching secure and reliable VPN service to expand their accessibility.

Cons

This is well developed reliable soft wear in the market to get unlimited VPN service just for few price. Therefor I haven't any cons in this application. It was able to fulfil my every requirement with 100% satisfaction. I have good confident about it reliability and the security. The application is very easy to get use with it

Lois from Loma Digital

Usually works well, few small issues

Overall, my experience with NordVPN is a positive one. I had an issue with logging in about a week ago and their customer service live chat solved my issue in just a minute or two - their response time is great.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use - it starts when I open my laptop, connects in a few seconds, and off I go. Switching between countries is also quick and easy. It's very convenient.

Cons

If I leave my laptop unattended for 20 minutes or more and it goes to sleep, when I wake it up, my internet connection to the WiFi is always gone. It is definitely related to the VPN (Which still shows connected) and when I restart the VPN usually the WiFi manages to reconnect. It's no big deal but it is a minor inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Reading testimonials and reviews online helped me to reach my final decision.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I was on the free version and it wasn't giving me what I needed so when I started looking at paid options, NordVPN seemed better in comparison

Manuel from Latinos in Real Estate

December 2021

Affordable, doesthe job, most of the time

Pros

It is really easy to implement due to the extensions and software, the kill switch works amazing and has a lot of server to choose from, the speed is good

Cons

Upload speed is awful, sometimes works good but the rest is sometimes impossible, not a big issue for web browsing but uploading files to the cloud can freeze for long periods of time (hours) having you to reset your connection

Price

Timmy from Epic Software

Privately access data, monitor team connections.

This software is extremely easy to use. Once the client is opened on a desktop or mobile device and user-authenticated, your IP is bounced to a host country or location of your choice. The sensitive data that we send back and forth among team members is then obscured from all parties except those on either end. Great for secure communication between small, intensively-uploading and downloading teams.

Pros

I liked that I was able to securely send sensitive data with a single button click to connect with the client. I also found it useful to be able to see if my teammates were connected via NordVPN so that I could send them data with the assurance of encryption/security.

Cons

Only 25-30 countries are usable as VPN hosts. This is fine, but limits the amount of bouncing that the IP address can do. Users and admins are able to determine which hosts they allow or use.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

ExpressVPN did not have transferrable licenses or a competitive team-based pricing option.

Stacy-Ann from University of the West Indies

An efficient and secure VPN

NordVPN is a very secure and efficient VPN that I absolutely love. The VPN helps me to surf the internet safely since it hides my IP address and prevents cyber-criminals from gaining unauthorized access to my personal information. Moreover, the VPN does not store any of my data such as IP addresses or bandwidth usage. Therefore, NordVPN is a software that I can trust.

Pros

I like that I can safely surf the internet since the VPN hides my IP address. As a result, I am protected from cyber-criminals who may try to steal my personal information or sensitive company data at from my computer at work. Moreover, I like that NordVPN does not store my data such as traffic logs, bandwidth usage or IP addresses. Consequently, I feel very secure when I use this VPN, therefore, I have used this application at home and work. Lastly, NordVPN provides users with a myriad of servers to choose from, which is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes NordVPN takes a while to connect to certain servers which can be a bit frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

NordVPN is cheaper than CyberGhost VPN.

December 2021

Dependability the way you'd expect

Overall NordVPN has been a great experience. I am especially impressed how fast connections are established. It only takes a second or so to connect to a server or switch to a new one. Once connected NordVP seems to just work.

Pros

Like many VPN apps I have used in the last years NordVPN was easy to install, set up and use. There are many servers in lots of countries to chose from and the connection is established fast.

Cons

On the Mac I realized sometimes (I think after the Mac has been asleep) the VPN connection is interrupted, meaning you do need to double check from time to time if you are still connected if you are planning to use the VPN tunnel at all times.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I switched over from another provider after their support decided to ignore me and an issue I was having. Having been with NordVPN for a couple of months now, I realize their software is far easier to use, has superior settings (if you want to get more technical) and seems to work a lot more smoothly overall. Very neat experience!

Joe from Travelling Politico

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

An effective VPN that is capable of outsmarting China's Great Firewall

I started using NordVPN whilst working in China. As we all know, China's infamous Great Firewall restricts what sites web users can visit. NordVPN gave me lots of options to choose from the redirect my browsing to Europe, America or other Asian countries. I had no issues with the service dropping out and was able to use the web with ease.

Pros

I particularly like how I can use NordVPN on Linux, Windows and Mac, and that there are apps for Android and iOS. NordVPN has some of the fastest speeds of any VPNs I have used, with no drop outs and every time I have tried to track my IP address when using, it has always shown that my browsing has been redirected to one of the many countries available, using AES-256 encryption for the greatest security.

Cons

The only issue I have with NordVPN is the high price. At a price of 7 USD per month, the costs soon add up. If using in China, you also need to download and activate the VPN before arriving into the country. It doesn't seem to activate when in-country.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

ExpressVPN often dropped out and did not always bypass the restrictions on browsing imposed by the Chinese state.

Louisa from University of Pennsylvania

NordVPN keeps me safe as a college student!

I have loved using NordVPN and will continue using it after I graduate!

Pros

As a student at the University of Pennsylvania, which is located in Philadelphia, I am oftentimes venturing into the city to do work at coffee shops, libraries, and other public locations. With NordVPN, I never have to worry about whether or not a public wifi network is secure or if my devices are safe. The intuitive, easy to set up application makes it extremely easy for me to stay protected.

Cons

I feel that NordVPN could improve its platform by offering a more simplified explanation of some terms / how its software work for those individuals like myself who understand little about computer applications and their functionality. This would make it easier for me to gain knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes.

Caitlin from Rutgers University

Amazing Product

Pros

The software for this product keeps me aware of harmful websites and potential viruses.

Cons

The notifications can be a bit annoying and can pop up randomly.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

The software covered more and was more effective

Vasilis from EDELWEISS SRL

Industry: Program Development

An affordable VPN

It's an excellent VPN and is honest for its price.

Pros

Friendly interface, Kill Switch (it cuts internet when not connected to VPN), 5500 servers worldwide, works in desktop and mobile. NordVPN has a very competitive price and frequent updates. You'll have split tunneling, which means you can optionally choose which apps use VPN-protected connections. Onion over VPN for enhanced privacy and anonymity - that goes slow, of course, but onion goes slow by its structure. Some less popular functions are still included, like custom DNS or invisibility on LAN, and there is an option there to block ads and malicious websites. I didn't use that last one, but it might be tricky as it is unclear how it works, so I have it disabled.

Cons

Russia is out. They have 5500 servers, as they say, but there is not even one in Russia. Not everybody needs Russia; however, it's not there. Sometimes it's not connecting automatically on computer startup. However, if you have the kill switch enabled, it's not connecting until you enable it manually, so you're protected. 2- The Split tunneling seems that doesn't work with all apps. For example, I tried to let the signal connect directly but can't. The same problem is with some other apps. But that might not be NordVPN's problem because some 'foxy' apps like WhatsApp are build to bypass VPN and connect directly. 3 - They had one server hacked for one month. Press was pointing that as a substantial significant deficiency BUT, that isn't a problem at all. First of all, it was just one server out of 5500 servers which is equal to nothing. And - in the end, the majority of sites already have HTTPS, so what a hacker might see is, the IP [whatever] - is connected to [Amazon]. There is no sensitive information to be leaked.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

For ProtonVPN, I wrote a review already; ExpressVPN is good but more expensive, and I had some issues with installation.

Kudakwashe from Courier City

Digital world and privacy

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Pros

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Cons

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Its offers the top security and cheaper monthly prices than for example ExpressVPN which is the equal rival

Hayden from Freelancer

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

Pros

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones I've tested, for things such as streaming Netflix from foreign countries, is surprisingly fast compared to NordVPN's colleagues, and especially free VPNs or even the VPN offered with quality virus protector's like Norton, which I has reviewed positively as well. Part of that is it's quick connect feature, which finds and connects you to the server with the fastest speeds available. But the long distance speeds are impressive at well, I've even heard of people's downloading speed INCREASING when connecting to far away countries. NordVPN...It is truly all it is chalked up to be.

Cons

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

The built in VPN for Norton Security was impressive, but not nearly as fast and feature heavy as everything offered by NordVPN, and based on the high praise I've experienced both online and from my trusted friends, I had to see for my self what the hype was about. The hype is deserved.

Mark from Mamor LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients. Finally on the home front, my wife and children use NordVPN on a daily basis and having become quite proficient with it. Actually have a few neighbors using it too. My wife who is not particularly computer savvy is completely happy using Nord every day while she is on the Internet. One of the reasons I am writing this has to do with the fact that our subscription to Norton renews in June and we were just having a discussion about the VPN last week as I asked if she wanted me to look at other options. Both she and my children agree we should continue using Norton for our home VPN service

Pros

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success. Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all of the reasons for picking Nord but all four VPNs stated they offered nearly the same features and functionality. I do remember how consistent NordVPN’s speeds were between servers. Also their customer support was crucial in getting our business. Our company has high bandwidth usage on a daily basis and we have had very few problems with our VPN. As Nord has incorporated new features into their platform we have had almost seamless transitions with the product.

Cons

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Ease of use, quality and consistency, customer service

Fred from F. Y. Woodwerks

Simple, Effective & Private

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Pros

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for: 1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity 2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose 3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection 4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security 5) Options for routing thru multiple servers for enhanced obfuscation 6) You can hide your IP on a LAN, making your system invisible (careful this will shut down wireless printing as your system will not be recognized by the printer) 7) Tons of locations/countries/servers to choose from 8) A Panama based company outside the direct control of the US despite it being a territory of the US so records and harder to get. 9) Their servers only operate on RAM meaning there is no information of your online activity being stored. 10) Support is quick to respond when needed 10) Best Value on the market 11) Designate/Customize your own DNS 12) AND for those in Restricted locations- Yes NORD will get you thru on Obfuscated Servers I have used other VPN's including (never recommend) free ones. NordVPN has the simplest VPN Software Dashboard (GUI) to use, requiring little to no expertise at all. Their Manual is small and well composed; made for people without much knowledge of VPN's. As a background service it requires little resources on the CPU and its overall speed is unmatched.

Cons

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

The main reason I switched to NordVPN was cost. ExpressVPN offered virtually the same for a higher price. The Nord Speed seems much more reliable and is clearly a much better value.

Dmytro from Instream IT

Why I choose NordVPN

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

Pros

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because: 1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results. 2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly 3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS) 4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

Cons

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

I used all of them and made my own test to check which one would give me the best overall results (speed, number of devices used, simple settings, reputation). NordVPN showed the best results.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

HMA has terrible support that cannot solve even small problems. The VPN connection may disappear and you will not even notice it. The speed on the servers I need to use in (HMA and VyprVPN) is slower.

Sébastien from Omnívoro

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country. Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal. It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Pros

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Cons

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means). Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Patrick from DiNapoli Solutions

Industry: Writing and Editing

A Must Have!

The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Pros

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when i needed to mask my own IP and get the protection i needed to continue to enjoy my gaming experiences and thats what they offered me. I enabled NordVPN on my PC and never been kicked off since. I feel more safe now knowing its something i no longer have to worry about. I also use NordVPN for my everyday internet searching and website visiting to feel a bit better about my personal information not being so easliy found out and sites using my information to tailor their ads towards me.

Cons

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Claire from Claire McKay, LPC

Security while traveling

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

Pros

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

Cons

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

TunnelBear seemed to drop off often and I had problems connecting at times. NORD feels more sophisticated and reliable.

DEMIRDIS from University of Sheffield

Best and Cheapest VPN

Pros

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously and securely. The application works great on my Mac and android phone. Also, I used the application on Windows 10, It was working great, too. I have travelled a lot for my research and some countries where online-based calling and chat apps are banned, NordVPN unblocks those apps and allows me to securely pretend to be in a different country. In addition, my university provides some data analysis software, they also IP protected and I am using NordVPN to access those Softwares​ while I am out of the UK.​ NordVPN has a large server network in 60 different countries but I generally use a few European countries server and overall these speeds are amazing. Moreover, NordVPN is strongly secure apps with no leaks, it has Internet Kill Switch option which blocks all internet connection if the VPN connection does not work. I have not needed but NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat support, I like chat support rather than calling customer service.

Cons

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

Harshpreet from Nucleus Networks

A great option for both protecting and securing yourself on the internet.

My overall experience has been great with NordVPN. I am still a fan and continue using it. It offers a lot of features and their support is great as well! A lot of new features are being added, so I really like the good results that I have been getting from them! I also like that I have the option to install the same on my phone and other devices as well.

Pros

I like that I have the option of choosing multiple server locations! Being a tech person, that comes really in use! It has a really handy windows application as well! I also love that it uses the latest technology out there, so my data is actually safe!

Cons

I have noticed that sometimes the interface on this is a bit slow. It is a bit more expensive than other competitors as well, and not all servers have the best speed.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

I choose NordVPN, because, at the end of the day, the safety of my data is the topmost priority for me. And NordVPN, does that job with perfection and nothing I would change about that!

Nabila from Sime Darby

Industry: Investment Management

NordVPN help me to protect my digital footprint

This VPN is outstanding and it has achieved everything it promised in terms of a VPN. I use this app on a personal level, and it allows me to visit web pages in other states that are not available in my own country. It also allows me to watch Netflix from the United States and the United Kingdom in my own region. It has also aided me in my professional and personal endeavors.

Pros

I've been using this app for quite some time now, and I believe I can safely claim it's fantastic. I had used some free VPNs before buying this app, but they were ineffective and slowed down my link rates. Since I've had NordVPN, my link speed has been constant each time I use the app. The software also has a huge number of servers all around the world, which comes in handy if you want to stream Netflix or other apps in different countries. The NordVPN customer service team is also quick to respond and will guide you through any issues you may have. It is also quite user-friendly, simple to use, and fast. It can also bind up to five computers at the same time.

Cons

To be honest, I have no complaints or critical remarks about NordVPN. I've been using this app for a long time, and they've always achieved everything they promised in terms of a VPN. I don't have any complaints about NordVPN right now.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

ExpressVPN is not stable and my connection is constantly interrupted.

Walter from Pro-W Intnl

Industry: International Trade and Development

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Pros

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Cons

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

At the time we were searching for the best VPN service available and Nord VPN had a good promotion available.

Adam from University of Toronto, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology

Essential tool for travelers

Really excellent. They usually have a promotion to get a multiple year deal. This is often the most economical way to get the service over the long term.

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use software to protect your privacy online. Once installed you can easily encrypt all your online traffic via a variety of different servers in different countries and different protocols (Double VPN, Onion over VPN). You know that once enabled none of your traffic will be tracked by the network you are on or somebody trying to sniff your logins/passwords on unencypted public wifi. Note - if you are using google services even in incognito a lot of what you are doing can still be tracked via your log in/hardware id. So if you really need privacy remember to sign out of these accounts and use tools like Tor Browser to not be tracked. You can install on a variety of devices (computer, tablet, smartphone) with one account and know that when you are using a free wifi service (e.g. hotel, airtport, coffee shop) all your communication is secure. You can also circumvent geoblocking if you want to watch your TV services in your home country but that may not be accessible if you are travelling in another country.

Cons

Routing thru an additional VPN layer can slow down connections, but most servers are fast, and if you get on a slow one you can easily switch to another server/country to try and get faster service. Initial connection on PC can be a bit slow (20-25 secs). Not sure why. iPhone app connects within seconds to VPN server (5 secs).

Karel from Dutchy Enterprises LLC

Safe and Secure and Seamless

I'm proud to remember to have a VPN running when I'm on a public wifi network. The pricing is great and so is its ease of use so I am happy to renew my annual subscription when the time comes. By the way, this product is excellent for frequent flyers since the company has servers all over the world and your connection is always secured on airport wifi.

Pros

NordVPN makes it very easy to connect to the Internet securely. The quick connect button makes the choice for you to enjoy the quickest encrypted connection. The Internet kill switch is a great feature to ensure that your traffic is always encrypted and not suddenly unsecured when a vpn connection drops out. The pricing is great. The availability on many phone and computer OSes is great. It's all very much great.

Cons

It takes a little while for the app and desktop client to load, but that's just a matter of patience. The company claims that there is a strict no logs policy. I haven't researched if that claim has been validated by a third-party entity or if the users are just supposed to believe that. Many people have recommended this VPN product and I am still very much in support of this product, but the validity of the strict no logs policy is interesting to me and not worrisome. The most annoying thing is when I'm trying to access a website (especially Amazon) and I'm unsuccessful in connecting to it because the website won't allow me to browse anonymously since it recognizes that the internet traffic coming in stems from a VPN server. Maybe it's just a matter of trying another server that the website doesn't have on its blacklist.

Oğuz from Oğuz Tosun Kliniği

BEST VPN

To summarize it's a great VPN program. Prices of it are very cheap and affordable. Even if your country blocked vpn providers NordVPN gives you a freedom with special IP's for restricted countries. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

First of all NordVPN has a lot of servers from all over the world. It has different types of servers like P2P, Obfuscated and Double VPN. I think the best feature of is double vpn because it's even more secure when you connect over two different countries.

Cons

Every time you close the app it sign outs automatically and you have to re-login every time when you enter the program. And it takes time. I think it should be fixed.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

The 3 year special plan of NordVPN is more affordable.

Fon from Masse's Kitchen

NordVPN: Fast, reliable affordable and guaranteed security when surfing the web.

This is an excellent VPN because they have delivered all that they promised in a VPN. I use this software privately and it enables me to open important websites in other countries that are not accessible in my country. It also enables me to watch US and UK Netflix in my country. It has also helped me personally in my career and personal studies.

Pros

I have been using this software personally for a long time now and I think I can say it is just awesome. Before purchasing this software, I had been using some free VPNs but they were bad and it slowed down my connection speeds. Since I got NordVPN, my connection speed is consistent every time I connect the NordVPN software. The software also has a large number of servers around the world and you will find this handy if you want to watch Netflix and other applications in other countries. The NordVPN support team is also very responsive and they walk you through any problem you might encounter. It is also very user-friendly and very easy to use and very fast. It also offers simultaneous connections for up to 6 devices.

Cons

Sincerely, I really don't have any complaints or negative comments about NordVPN. I have been using this software for a long time and since then, they have delivered all that they promised in a VPN. At the moment, I really don't have a complaint about NordVPN.

A fast and secure VPN service.

Overally, my experience with NordVPN remains topnotch as it still offers an all round package of great speed, security and multiple device connection.

Pros

When using this VPN, I am assured of great performance in speed, especially during downloads which makes is convenient for me when working on large files. My subscription also enables me to connect multiple devices simultaneously and still experience great speeds. Additionally, it also offers the option of pausing connection at an interval that you choose when there is need, this is quite convenient as it automatically reconnects when it is scheduled to.

Cons

When initially signing up to NordVPN, the rates are quite favourable especially with the first discount offered, But the charges get very expensive when it is time to renew the subscription without the discount.

carl from T-Mobile

Excellent VPN service

Excellent for being on the Internet safely and privately on Wi-Fi networks and connections from mobile devices and desktops

Pros

Military encryption capable of hiding our location and personal IP. Almost all servers in the world have a good internet speed. The Kill Switch function is a very good option to prevent data leaks in case of network interruptions.

Cons

They reduced the payment gateway and eliminated the free trial versions. The automatic software that charges monthly is very strict and sometimes rejects some credit cards.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Los servidores de NordVPN son menos detectados por las paginas y programas que no quieren permitir conexiones proxy vpn.

Jenn from LewLew Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

My Review for NordVPN Software

My overall experience with NordVPN has been a pleasant one. The software does what it supposed to do which is mask your personal IP address.

Pros

First of all, the initial set-up of the software was extremely easy. Some software can take awhile to download but NordVPN was quickly download on my computer. Once, I started using the software some of the things that were a plus was the choices of locations, the ability to pause the service for 5-20 mins, and the software is very easy to navigate.

Cons

There are times when you choose a specific location, that it takes up to a minute to connect. Usually, it only takes about 15 seconds to connect to your location so that's something that should be improved.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Tunnel bear did not have a lot of locations to choose from so their options were limited.

Margaret Ramsden from Toshiba

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Secured servers with fast connectivity followed by excellent customer support.

NordVPN in our office let us access to those clients and distributors where our restriction is limited. Orr in other cases when we have to secure ourselves from hackers or malwares, Nord plays an important role. Even it also let us access to those websites where the restriction have been limited in order to extract necessary information from those websites.

Pros

NordVPN has enormous lists of servers for almost all the regions of every state. One can favorite their specified servers and easily uses them whenever or wherever we want to. Their double vpn service and dedicated Ip's can also be bought which infact are the major productive benefits of using Nord. Nord is also compatible with almost all the devices and gadgets. It works efficiently for windows, mac or mobile gadgets. Their pricing features are also very convenient and doesn't cost much and suits to several demands and usage.

Cons

Some of the websites tracks the location through GPS service which easily split the beans and reveals the original location and Nord can't do anything about it. Even also, while working few of my favorite servers also got losts from the servers list, so it affects my work severely.

Divyang from Trueline Solutions

New Approach to New World

We are new to use NordVPN and shifted from other VPN, but we like this way better than previous one. Consider it if you want to expand you SEO and Digital Marketing field.

Pros

Forget all basic features, all the VPN now has those features like speed and keeping you anonymous on the web. NordVPN, on the other hand, brings new feature of DOUBLE TUNNELING. It is basically like applying vpn over vpn to keep to relatively more secure, preventing any of you DNS or IP information to get to public. Price is also a plus point to this VPN. According to security it claims to provide, you get best in this price. Multiple device access maintenance is great and very simple to configure. Provides wide variety of server range to select for your analytical work. We recently started to use NordVPN as SEO and Digital Marketing are going really smooth with this tool and fortunately we can use same account on multiple devices saving extra as a bonus.

Cons

Some servers tend to go offline or you get disconnected frequently. Can be due to maintenance, but only for uncommon server and not servers like their flagship servers. They work flawlessly. It messes up the web pages if you disconnect the ongoing downloads or any realtime meeting stuffs, but that is to be expected.

Isaac from Remo Advertisements

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Fast and Cheap Security

My experience with NordVPN is great so far. I love to use it and not have to worry about my information and security being breached. It connects fast and is strong. It is worth the price for solid protection, instead of having your information being leaked by malicious users.

Pros

It is a good price for strong security. You can use a VPN for protection or to find items in different regions. It connects fast and has plenty of servers all around the world. It is definitely worth it. It works on multiple platforms and you can use it at home or on the go at a hotel or cafe. It is very reliable.

Cons

The program on computer might take a while to load up and you have to download it. Sometimes the notification messes up on if you are connected or disconnected.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I had a hard time connecting with Surfshark and the customer service did not help. So I looked into other VPNs and found NordVPN, and so far my experience is great.

Sachith from Pearson

The Best VPN Server

Overall, We recommend NordVPN as a remarkable choice for those users who wish to transfer confidential files over the internet or do not want their identity to be exposed. NordVPN undoubtedly provides better opportunities than the other VPNs.

Pros

Compatibility: Nord VPN is compatible with any devices, including Android phones, Gaming consoles, and PC. Unlike other VPNs, this VPN tends to be accessible via all platforms. User-Friendly: Nord VPN provides powerful encryption and functionality. It keeps the user's identity hidden and protected. Also, it grants the ability of manual selection of servers to its users.

Cons

Manual Selection: Sometimes VPN fails to connect to the fastest server and users have to manually reconfigure it and connect to the desired server which makes the user experience quite frustrating. Bugs: Although VPN does work like a charm at times users experience some bugs such as they connect to different European servers but end up in those situated particularly in the UK. Also, sometimes the fastest servers fail to connect and users have to reinstall the VPN to make it work properly.

NordVPN is a good VPN

So far, my experience with NordVPN. I live in Singapore and it works very well. I didn't had the occasion to try it in China yet.

Pros

- A lot of servers you can use - Ideal to get a national IP address to access catchup TV that is blocked aboard.

Cons

- If i closed my Mac with the VPN connection on and I open it back, I can't connect to internet anymore without a VPN connection.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Mostly the price and the promo offer from NordVPN

Promotional Offer from NordVPN

Tested a lot of VPN services

I have tested several other VPN services but this one seems to be the best at the moment and the best value.

Pros

- Easy to use - Security - No logfiles on a server - Works to - Bypass Geoblocking

Cons

- Sometimes some software act strange if you turn off VPN and ask again for login credentials

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

None of them was really and easy able to bypass geoblocking

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Was not able to bypass geoblocking what is for me a dealbreaker

Konstantinos from Link Technologies SA

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The Fast and the Securious

I am pretty satisfied with NordVPN, it is fast and stable and I will continue to use it, despite missing a couple of features that I would love to have

Pros

NordVPN is fast and stable. Its user interface brings privacy to every user, no matter what their familiarity with computers/networks is.

Cons

I am missing the option of port forwarding, as well as the option to choose the encryption algorithms and ciphers I want to use.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

At the time, NordVPN provided a more competitive offer than VyprVPN. Upon switching, I was greeted by better speeds and stability

Dewey from Freelance, Self Employed

My Favorite VPN of All Time

Pros

There are a ton of VPN services out there, but NordVPN is by far my favorite. Their servers are usually very fast, and they have dedicated servers for streaming, P2P, etc. There are also applications for almost every platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), so one subscription will cover all of your devices. NordVPN overall is much more polished and enjoyable to use than most VPN services I've used.

Cons

Although their servers are typically very fast, occasionally they will get bogged down and slow to a crawl (although you can always switch to a different one). I've also had the application crash a few times on my laptop, but there is a chance that was a hardware issue on my end. Finally- bring back the free trial! I have many friends that would love to try out NordVPN, but do not want to immediately pay for a month of service.

Juan Carlos from Empower Data

Nice vpn for enterprizes

Excellent Offer for enterprise uses for personal uses i recomend checking if the services you are tring to use can be accesed

Pros

*Lost of Servers avaliable *Easy users setup *Simple server setup *Nice customer service that responds quickly

Cons

Some servers wherent avaliable like they said. For example some services like LOL cant get connected this way didnt know why. The customer service retrived my money quickly so i didint have a problem about. Right now im using it for my work and i dont have any problem with it.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

Segurity setup for the enterprize

Sean from Awmous

So far the best

I have tried many VPN services and this one is the best value for the price, especially if you find a sale and the number of servers just can't be beaten.

Pros

I like that they have the absolute most (that I know of) servers worldwide available for you to use. There's usually a sale out there somewhere for a really good price. I have never noticed a slow down in browsing speeds. Working for a completely remote company where I'm in charge of my own internet security, this gives me peace of mind that things are safe.

Cons

There's nothing about the product I like least. The options are second to none and when in doubt, support is there to help. SO FAR so good.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Reviews, pricing, number of servers, browsing speed.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I found that FastestVPN was not always staying connected and the number of servers was not optimal for our use.

Christian from Devoteam

It may be what you need, but notice the following

Even though it comes with a small flaw, it made my life easier, I can securely access all kind of pages and access content that isn't available in my country.

Pros

First and foremost, what I like about NordVPN is the price, they usually make good deals so it doesn't come very expensive. It gets the job done, it's frankly easy to use.

Cons

There's just one big flaw which may be a problem from time to time and the problem is that even when you select a country to hide your VPN, it may say you're using an Australian VPN when you're really using a Dutch VPN.

Damon from Domestique Capital

Great VPN

It is fast and reliable and responsibly priced. I like it so much that I have purchased a six year extension to my existing contract.

Pros

I travel all over the world and need to work with client data from public WIFIs. I have tried a few free VPNs, but they were all too slow. Nord has servers in many countries and is fast. In the last two years, they added even faster connections with Nord Lynx. From time to time, I read technical reviews and haven't seen anything negative about Nord spying or selling your data. This VPN is really fast and easy to use. I have it on my chrome browser, on my laptop, and on my android phone.

Cons

The only thing I have had trouble with is that it logs you out a lot after periods of not using it. It isn't much of a hassle to reenter your credentials to be able to use it again.

Reasons for Switching to NordVPN

I read an article that explained why Nord was better.

Shaun from GCU

Best VPN Software

Pros

Using NordVPN software comes with different pros, one of which is the increased privacy and security while browsing online. Protects against DNS leaks and has more than 4000 different servers in 62 countries.

Cons

The disadvantages of this software are that if someone stays in Malaysia their speeds are severely decreased as the general internet speed there is poor. It also isn't very user-friendly to configure and torrenting is only supported in certain countries.

Reasons for Choosing NordVPN

Cheaper and reviews were more positive.

NordVPN

My overall experience with using NordVPN is great, because i can at least surf the web securely without being tracked my my local ISPs.

Pros

NordVPN is great to use all around, i personally use NordVPN to securely browse the internet. NordVPN has a lot of access point such as choosing which server in another country that i would like to connect and instantly i am connected. NordVPN features has no logs that keeps track of my websites that i have accessed or locations points, works with Netflix, and probably one of the best features that i have used and seen with NordVPN compared to other VPNs is that it has a kill switch; if in an event there is a network loss the NordVPN will prevent any other application from opening or loading via cellular network, or WiFi this is to any information from being stolen. NordVPN pricing is fairly simple its not outrageous amount per month, but its reasonable about that users can afford to pay monthly.

Cons

One thing i have found using NordVPN is that the internet speed isn't that great, its not super fast and not too slow, meaning i can watch 720p videos without any buffering , but as soon as i watch a 1080p then i notice the buffering to start every few minutes, this is me connecting to a server in the USA, so i would think it would be relatively fast.