All PureVPN Reviews

Alison

Computer Networking

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2018

Fast VPN service for economical price iIhave used for internet surfing really outstanding.

PROS

VPN software is used worldwide with the 100 ip addresses. This VPN (Virtual Private Network) is really an anti-spam and it protects our IP. It provides a good opportunity in treating web management effectively. It has a tremendous number of server locations.

CONS

I would say VPN is quite easy to use but the only limitation is that sometimes it get disconnect. I tried my best to resolve this issue but I could not make it happen and i found its customer service was taking too long to resolve that issue but ultimately it is working perfectly.

Monday

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

PureVPN is one of the best VPN I have used

PureVPN is good and they provide good service because they offer one of the best services out there and equally have a good customer care agents who can help you out when you have any issues with using their services. I will continue using PureVPN for now and I do hope they continue improving their services to satisfy clients needs.

PROS

PureVPN turns out to be one of the best I have used and still using it because I bought their 2 years plan few months back and have been enjoying it. Their customer service is very fast to attend to queries and get any problem solved. The anonymity level of any of their VPN servers is always beyond average and on most servers that I use I do get 100%. PureVPN I can simply say is the best VPN for me that I have and equally affordable than other VPN services and they equally have a dedicated IP for personal use. I will recommend this VPN service to anyone interested in getting a VPN for personal use.

CONS

PureVPN is good but one thing I rarely don't like about their service is not allowing users of their service to download their various applications without having to login. This happened to me when I wanted to download their iOS app but it prompt me to the order page for me to purchase because I was not logged in. I will suggest they make their app available for download without having to login to their website. Though all servers that I have used none was blacklisted but some are really not fast and slow down internet connection.

Opeyemi

Internet, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2018

Purevpn review

PROS

Protocol support; pure vpn is one of the very few in its category that supports a wide variety of protocols, ranging from ipsec to pptp all in a bid to provide a strong online security presence and unmatched speed. Encryption; due to a common attack popularly referred to as the bruge force attack, purevpn based its services on a 256bit encryption which is the standard for fighting against the earlier mentioned menace. Advanced features; as against some other vpn networks out there, pure vpn has a list of extended features that ranges from kill switch to multiple connection support. Torrent supporr; despite the fact that the powers that be are working against torrenting as of recent, the devlopers of purevpn fully support the idea of torrenting and this vpn is torrent friendly.

CONS

Download speed; sometimes the speed of coping something off the internet gets irritably slow and unbearable. Customer service; the customer service assistant representatives working over there at purevpn have no grasp on what's going on with their company as they are barely helpful with queries. Logs policy; purevpn claims to be conscious of your security by not keeping track of whatever it is you do, it's a big fat lie as they do in some way store your activities.

1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

Most secured and featured VPN connectivity service

PROS

Apart from my other works, I usually spend my time on the internet to find suitable items, softwares, products, informations and other things for my business. And while doing that, I generally visit many sites on the internet which are either unsafe or non-trustable, in this case I never want my internet connectivity information and other private data to be revealed to the sites or otherwise my information could be stolen , so I definitely need a VPN to hide my real information and PureVPN is the all which works best for me. PureVPN is really easy to use and has a great user interface. It's connectivity is really fast than other Vpn apps out there and it never disconnects automatically like some other apps I used in past. PureVPN provides fast connection Ips and they are so much secured . With PureVPN I can get into sites which are actually non-accessible for me. PureVPN provides many features which are generally not provided by other VPN connectivity apps like Split Tunning. I can even run one PureVpn account on upto five devices but I generally run it on two devices ie on my Windows Desktop and Android Smartphone.

CONS

PureVPN provides so many features but still some of the features are available only after the premium expansion. And the problem is that if you aren't a regular user, the premium pricing will feel you like its useless for you because its somewhat expensive and you generally don't use it all the time

Lawrent

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

If you’re looking for a VPN that works with most streaming platforms, PureVPN is a great choice.

PROS

The company is based in Hong Kong but operates under the jurisdiction of British Virgin Islands – which means it won’t have to comply with strict data retention laws like those imposed by Europe or the US.PureVPN offers users over 140 countries to connect to their servers in over 140 countries worldwide. You can connect up to five devices simultaneously with this VPN which makes it great value for money if you are looking for a VPN service that will unblock geo-restricted websites (like Netflix) or protect you from hackers while using public WiFi hotspots etc.PureVPN has a very large network of servers, which can handle heavy traffic. Their speeds are pretty good, but not the fastest. They're reliable enough for most people, but there's some downtime here and there.PureVPN is a rare bird among VPNs, as it is one of the few that allows users to stream Netflix. It’s not only possible but also pretty easy with PureVPN.PureVPN is compatible with Android, iOS and Windows. You can download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. It is also available on Windows, MacOS and Linux, so it will work on any device you have.

CONS

It has a decent number of servers and locations, but it lacks some features like port forwarding.

Ryan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

I'm on the VPN fence about this VPN

Overall it's worked for me, but I don't know too much about them as mentioned. I want to know more about their data trafficking, user data retention and general user information sharing. Therefore, I'm still on the fence about PureVPN.

PROS

This VPN is quite simple to setup. They have a very easy to use UI, makes other VPN's seem more difficult to use. It works well, connects quickly, masks your IP and keeps you feeling more secure.

CONS

I don't really know them. I've had mixed reactions from their support team. They're helpful, and at times unresponsive, then at times they're very responsive, so there's definite levels of inconsistency I'm not too happy about.

Reason for choosing PureVPN

The pricing was better. We all know VPN's are expensive. But that should not be a valid reason to choose a VPN. That's not good practice.

Ahmed

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Wide List of Servers but not perfect IPs

I like it because I can find any country I need easily. The price is reasonable.

PROS

The software is easy to use and implement. I also tried the mobile version and it's very good. The best thing in this subscription is that there is a big list to choose. Almost all countries around the world.

CONS

IPs are mostly blacklisted and not suitable to be used in any secured platform. IPs are sometimes read as a different location that the one it appears in the application.

Reason for choosing PureVPN

I find it cheaper as I purchased my license during the black friday.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Handy VPN tool with multiple country options

Great VPN for security and web management purposes. Have had no real issues with it.

PROS

I've used this VPN for years. It's a great tool that's useful for not only security purposes but also for times that I need to review websites from other countries for work and geo-restrictions present issues. It also has many countries to choose from.

CONS

It can sometimes be a little buggy when it is being updated. This generally doesn't happen, but can do on occasion.

Reviewed April 2019

PureVPN was just the solution I was looking for

Overall, PureVPN was an extremely affordable and viable solution to access virtual private networks.

PROS

I loved that fact that PureVPN introduced software to easily access all their features without having to manually change TCP/IP settings, etc. It made something ordinarily intimidating much more accessible.

CONS

Connectivity speeds were often slow, and certain cities and countries weren't always working

Simple and Fast VPN

Easy to use VPN for all devices.

PROS

I like how PureVPN supports several VPN protocols, including: IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP, OpenVPN, and SSTP.

CONS

It can be difficult to get online sometimes.

Andrea

Textiles, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

El mejor VPN sin dudas

Estaba buscando una VPN segura y que funcionara muy bien y, leyendo reseñas, conseguí PureVPN. Lo necesitaba ya que tuve que viajar el año pasado y con la VPN puedo conectarme desde donde sea, evitando los típicos problemas que generan los correos electrónicos y otros servicios cuando te conectas desde un lugar que no reconocen. Todavía lo uso ya que, además, ayuda a proteger mis datos de terceros.

PROS

Es muy fácil de usar, muy intuitivo, tiene un listado de países de dónde elegir para hacer la conexión y ésta se hace de forma rápida, ofrece IP dedicada a buen precio. La única vez que tuve inconvenientes con la conexión, el servicio al cliente actuó rápido y resolvió el problema. Antes de decidirme en comprar este software, el servicio al cliente resolvió todas mis dudas y puedo decir que me encantó el trato y la atención.

CONS

No tengo quejas, estoy muy contenta y puedo recomendarlo con los ojos cerrados.

Harmandeep

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

PureVPN is a decent vpn choice for medium size industry!

PROS

750+ servers in 141 countries Five simultaneous connections Support for OpenVPN, Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP), and Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) VPN protocols WiFi security Dedicated IP NAT firewall Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection

CONS

IPv6, DNS and WebRTC leaks detected Connection issues on select servers Many complaints Hard to verify security features and claims

Pierre

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Best prices for VPN but not the best security

PROS

It was easy to use with lots of connections

CONS

DNS leaks are too common and the kill switch doesn't work

Purevpn review

PROS

surf some restricted websites anonymously

CONS

I didnt have access to all websites which isnt supposed to be so

Jeremy

Construction, 1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2017

Good VPN service for a reasonable price

PROS

VPN works well, with great servers worldwide. The available mobile apps are a definite plus. I've never experienced traffic issues.

CONS

Android app use feels a little bit clunky. Honestly though, I don't know how I'd make this better for the functionality offered.

Reviewed March 2018

Nicely built VPN with great service

Really nice for our needs!

PROS

Literally works every time - no issues. There are many different servers available which is always a bonus. I like the ease of use and the yearly cost to reduce the overall price.

CONS

Although a little slow at times to respond, the customer service was good. Smartphone apps are a little iffy.

Clayton

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2018

Gets the job done

PROS

Ton of supported country servers and the speeds are pretty fast. It makes things easy when we need a VPN for business needs.

CONS

Ultimately not the solution I personally went with (for other reasons), but the only con I can find is that some sites can detect your VPN address as a spam IP.

Reviewed June 2019

It works like a VPN should

It’s a decent VPN and will do the job if you are just looking to keep yourself private online

PROS

Keeps my web browsing private and lets me turn on and off when needed

CONS

Customer service is slower than I had hoped for

Lew

Used free trial

Reviewed June 2015

Outstanding!

Customer Service is beyond amazing. This is a team that puts the customer experience first and foremost. They really care. In the rare occasion that customer support is needed, (billing, accounts, etc.), there is live online chat, their product-knowledge is excellent and PureVPN goes out of it's way to make you feel appreciated and satisfied in problem-solving. This is probably the best and most secure consumer VPN product in the world right now.

Paola

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2018

A VPN service that actually works and the price is right

reliable VPN service

PROS

There seem to be a lot of servers or locations available with Pure VPN, so I always find a way around what I need using it. Easy to use, and, the best part; it will work every time, which is more than I can say for most VPN services.

CONS

Ease of use is not great, and the interphase needs a bit of improving in my opinion. Could be cleaner. I had issues with a couple of websites as well, with flagging.

Used free trial