Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I loved the free to try price where you paid only a bit to try for limited timespan. And also there were almost no delays while working."
  • icon"Obfuscated Security Bypass – This is one of the best features I love about PureVPN, you can bypass services like FortiGuard without any effort using PureVPN within seconds."
  • icon"Fairly priced and easy to use. It gives a lot of nice different modes for using a VPN and adjusts accordingly."
  • icon"I sent various emails and spoke to many people to cancel the trial and they still deducted $69.00 out of my bank account. It took everything to get my money back."
  • icon"The Android application has interruptions and Internet speed is also a bit affected. Sometimes problems arise with connection protocols, however, the support service is fast and live."
  • icon"The customer service have a lack to answer a lot of questions , the speed decrease if you need more encryted data."

Have you used PureVPN and would like to share your experience with others?

All PureVPN Reviews

Juan Carlos

Simple and clean VPN

This is an amazing piece of sotware it does what it sais, its fast and reliable. Also it pass througth most of internet restrictionsn in my work netfwork and allow me to privatly navigate thorugth the internet. I love it <3

Pros

Easy setup Several servers (republica dominicana server rules) Fast conection Pass througth internet restrictions Allows me to play league of legends can use on more that 1 machine.

Cons

Its a bit expensive but it is worth. Some times disconect but it quickly reconect.

Reasons for switching to PureVPN

Sadly i changed form this to nord cause teh price but im going back to Pure VPN

Thomas

An excellent VPN with some drawbacks

Overall the VPN allows us to meet our end goal as we do business in both the UK and Germany and sometimes it is necessary to appear to be from one location when in another.

Pros

PureVPN is easy to install and maintain across both desktop and mobile with apps available for a number of devices. With the app installed then it is an easy one click to connect securely to the VPN. You can also chose a location or accept the best connection. This means you have ease of use coupled with a choice of more complex settings such as a dedicated IP. Unlike other VPNs we tried there is a lot less of not being able to access sites or cloud flare popups.

Cons

The basic VPN function works fine, however I have not been able to get the dedicated IP to function properly and just keep getting an error when trying to connect to it. However the level of English from support made it difficult to troubleshot so now I do not use this feature.

Reasons for choosing PureVPN

PureVPN provided the best cost over a set number of years and offered the easiest user interface

Reasons for switching to PureVPN

NordVPN had trouble accessing a lot of sites (cloudflare)

Another app with great promises and almost 0 delivery

For the first several months I was a happy user until the day I had to contact the support for an issue restricting me to use the service.

Pros

I give them the credit that the desktop app is made to look shiny and modern. On first sight it look like you have plentiful of options to choose different servers and locations. Overall it has a good touch to detail.

Cons

There are a few things that I really did not like about this software. First of all sometimes I need to connect to a different server on the same location and obtain different IP for testing purposes, but this feature is not present unfortunately. While everything is working and you don't need to contact the support everything is fine, but if you do, don't expect fast answer and resolution of your issue. I've had to send multiple tickets for the same issue, followed the instructions that the support agent gave me with no result. Just to get on live chat so the other agent can ask me to do the same thing over again. After I explained to him that I've already made all those steps, he instructed me to do another thing, which is great, but in the middle of the conversation he just cut the chat saying that they will contact me over email. I guess it's just that his shift was over and he wouldn't bother to explain.

Ryan

I'm on the VPN fence about this VPN

Overall it's worked for me, but I don't know too much about them as mentioned. I want to know more about their data trafficking, user data retention and general user information sharing. Therefore, I'm still on the fence about PureVPN.

Pros

This VPN is quite simple to setup. They have a very easy to use UI, makes other VPN's seem more difficult to use. It works well, connects quickly, masks your IP and keeps you feeling more secure.

Cons

I don't really know them. I've had mixed reactions from their support team. They're helpful, and at times unresponsive, then at times they're very responsive, so there's definite levels of inconsistency I'm not too happy about.

Reasons for choosing PureVPN

The pricing was better. We all know VPN's are expensive. But that should not be a valid reason to choose a VPN. That's not good practice.

Shalitha

PureVPN - No more boundaries for your Internet

I’ve been using PureVPN for over a year now, throughout this time period, my overall experience with PureVPN is very satisfactory. I will recommend PureVPN to anyone without any hesitations.

Pros

PureVPN is one of the best and most affordable VPN available in the market right now. I'll explain best things I love about PureVPN briefly. 1. Ease of use/Fast – PureVPN has one of the easiest to use interfaces and PureVPN offers great speeds so that users will not experience any difficulties in Streaming & Downloads. 2. No of servers - PureVPN has hundreds of server locations scattered around the world accessible for everyone whenever you need. You can find servers in almost every country you like. 3. Various streaming Servers are provided separately- if you go to the streaming section of the PureVPN app you can find various streaming servers you can connect to. This includes US Netflix, HULU and all major streaming services. UK Netflix is also available, but provided only through browser Extensions. 4. Easy to use browser Extensions – PureVPN currently has browser extensions available for Chrome and Firefox, and they have advertised opera extension is also coming soon on their member area for users. 5. Obfuscated Security Bypass – This is one of the best features I love about PureVPN, you can bypass services like FortiGuard without any effort using PureVPN within seconds. Never Seen any other VPN bypass FortiGuard that Quickly. 6. Options available for Advance users – PureVPN provides almost all tunneling protocols available in the world for use in manual configurations with well guided instructions for routers, NAS units etc.

Cons

From my personal experience PureVPN works very well all the time. Sometimes users might experience difficulties in streaming US Netflix by directly connecting to a United State server, in that case users should select US Netflix service from streaming section, and it will work properly.

Scott

PureVPN for Super Secure Privacy

I found PureVPN easy to use. It is one of the most popular VPN's on the market, and they are constantly improving it. At the time I originally purchased it, it was limited to a few devices, but it now supports everything from pc's to Amazon Firesticks. It has an internet kill switch to take down your internet if there is a disruption or senses something isn't quite right. Technical support is fast and very easy to deal with. I didn't find that it slowed down my internet at all, which is one of the things I was looking for when purchasing a VPN. It works on almost any os device you can think of. I like that I can go into a coffee shop turn it on and feel I am surfing safely. I found the setup and initial configuration on my laptop pretty easy, as well as on my phone. I would highly recommend this app to anyone looking to protect themselves on the internet.

Pros

- Able to securely surf the web - Multiple options to select which country you were connecting from - Supported multiple devices - Easy payment options such as paypay, credit card, and gift cards. - Multiple device support for same account - Able to securely surf the net from local wifi - Easy to navigate UI

Cons

- Cost is a little steep compared to other app - A little difficult to configure to work with third party apps

Andrea

Industry: Textiles

El mejor VPN sin dudas

Estaba buscando una VPN segura y que funcionara muy bien y, leyendo reseñas, conseguí PureVPN. Lo necesitaba ya que tuve que viajar el año pasado y con la VPN puedo conectarme desde donde sea, evitando los típicos problemas que generan los correos electrónicos y otros servicios cuando te conectas desde un lugar que no reconocen. Todavía lo uso ya que, además, ayuda a proteger mis datos de terceros.

Pros

Es muy fácil de usar, muy intuitivo, tiene un listado de países de dónde elegir para hacer la conexión y ésta se hace de forma rápida, ofrece IP dedicada a buen precio. La única vez que tuve inconvenientes con la conexión, el servicio al cliente actuó rápido y resolvió el problema. Antes de decidirme en comprar este software, el servicio al cliente resolvió todas mis dudas y puedo decir que me encantó el trato y la atención.

Cons

No tengo quejas, estoy muy contenta y puedo recomendarlo con los ojos cerrados.

Stephen

Industry: Printing

March 2022

The good and the bad of PureVPN

PureVPN gave me protection most of the time

Pros

I liked that PureVPN supports tunnelling - one or more apps can connect via the VPN but other apps can use the direct connection. It was also very easy to use with different profiles depending on the required usage.

Cons

I stopped using PureVPN because it would drop out without warning, leaving my computer exposed. There is an option to reconnect automatically but it did not always work correctly.

Reasons for choosing PureVPN

PureVPN had good reviews and I received a very good offer for a lifetime license

Lawrent

November 2022

If you’re looking for a VPN that works with most streaming platforms, PureVPN is a great choice.

Pros

The company is based in Hong Kong but operates under the jurisdiction of British Virgin Islands – which means it won’t have to comply with strict data retention laws like those imposed by Europe or the US.PureVPN offers users over 140 countries to connect to their servers in over 140 countries worldwide. You can connect up to five devices simultaneously with this VPN which makes it great value for money if you are looking for a VPN service that will unblock geo-restricted websites (like Netflix) or protect you from hackers while using public WiFi hotspots etc.PureVPN has a very large network of servers, which can handle heavy traffic. Their speeds are pretty good, but not the fastest. They're reliable enough for most people, but there's some downtime here and there.PureVPN is a rare bird among VPNs, as it is one of the few that allows users to stream Netflix. It’s not only possible but also pretty easy with PureVPN.PureVPN is compatible with Android, iOS and Windows. You can download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. It is also available on Windows, MacOS and Linux, so it will work on any device you have.

Cons

It has a decent number of servers and locations, but it lacks some features like port forwarding.

Oleg

Good VPN service

Pros

A lot of locations. High speed. Good ping. App for android and windows.

Cons

Lack of thor connection for higher security and anonymous like ProtonVPN have.

Reasons for switching to PureVPN

More locations. Higher speed and better ping.

Rafael

A great VPN service with lots of features

My overall experience with PureVPN is great. This software is an incredible and powerful VPN service both for mobile (smartphone) and desktop (PC). I often use it on the go, while I'm accessing public Wi-Fi areas. The features presented by PureVPN work very well and often come in handy in some situations. I may also mention the amazing referral program, which let me share free monthly account with my peers. I have absolutely all my confidence in PureVPN and I can easily recommend it to anyone!

Pros

What I like the most about PureVPN is how easy it is to use the app both on mobile and on the desktop. I enjoy a lot its design/layout and how it offers so many locations to access with the VPN service. I also like the PureVPN add-on for the Google Chrome, as it is very fast and reliable to use on the web. The advanced settings offers great features, such as the connection protocol and split tunneling and the support team is very friendly and responsive. They once solved me an issue in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Despite PureVPN amazing features, what I like the least about this software is how some features are billed separately from the conventional PureVPN subscription. For the price I pay for the subscription, I would like to unlock all these features at once. Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

Monday

Industry: Writing and Editing

PureVPN is one of the best VPN I have used

PureVPN is good and they provide good service because they offer one of the best services out there and equally have a good customer care agents who can help you out when you have any issues with using their services. I will continue using PureVPN for now and I do hope they continue improving their services to satisfy clients needs.

Pros

PureVPN turns out to be one of the best I have used and still using it because I bought their 2 years plan few months back and have been enjoying it. Their customer service is very fast to attend to queries and get any problem solved. The anonymity level of any of their VPN servers is always beyond average and on most servers that I use I do get 100%. PureVPN I can simply say is the best VPN for me that I have and equally affordable than other VPN services and they equally have a dedicated IP for personal use. I will recommend this VPN service to anyone interested in getting a VPN for personal use.

Cons

PureVPN is good but one thing I rarely don't like about their service is not allowing users of their service to download their various applications without having to login. This happened to me when I wanted to download their iOS app but it prompt me to the order page for me to purchase because I was not logged in. I will suggest they make their app available for download without having to login to their website. Though all servers that I have used none was blacklisted but some are really not fast and slow down internet connection.

Most secured and featured VPN connectivity service

Pros

Apart from my other works, I usually spend my time on the internet to find suitable items, softwares, products, informations and other things for my business. And while doing that, I generally visit many sites on the internet which are either unsafe or non-trustable, in this case I never want my internet connectivity information and other private data to be revealed to the sites or otherwise my information could be stolen , so I definitely need a VPN to hide my real information and PureVPN is the all which works best for me. PureVPN is really easy to use and has a great user interface. It's connectivity is really fast than other Vpn apps out there and it never disconnects automatically like some other apps I used in past. PureVPN provides fast connection Ips and they are so much secured . With PureVPN I can get into sites which are actually non-accessible for me. PureVPN provides many features which are generally not provided by other VPN connectivity apps like Split Tunning. I can even run one PureVpn account on upto five devices but I generally run it on two devices ie on my Windows Desktop and Android Smartphone.

Cons

PureVPN provides so many features but still some of the features are available only after the premium expansion. And the problem is that if you aren't a regular user, the premium pricing will feel you like its useless for you because its somewhat expensive and you generally don't use it all the time

Robert

Instant International Testing

Pros

PureVPN allows us to confirm how our geo-specific sites are going to appear for our end users no matter where they are. It makes a difficult problem really straight forward.

Cons

There's not much I dislike. It solves a real problem and does so cheaply. In one case it would have been helpful if we could have specified where within a country the IP was located but this was pretty specific and I get why (particularly in the case of this country) it was not possible.

Ahmed

Wide List of Servers but not perfect IPs

I like it because I can find any country I need easily. The price is reasonable.

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement. I also tried the mobile version and it's very good. The best thing in this subscription is that there is a big list to choose. Almost all countries around the world.

Cons

IPs are mostly blacklisted and not suitable to be used in any secured platform. IPs are sometimes read as a different location that the one it appears in the application.

Reasons for choosing PureVPN

I find it cheaper as I purchased my license during the black friday.