Symantec Endpoint Security Software Reviews

Symantec Endpoint Security Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2021

• icon"The ability of SEP to integrate well with other Symantec tools like DLP, CASB and the other entire suite is great."
  • icon"Symantec Endpoint Protection is one of the best security software (anti-virus/malware) in the internet. It has lots of useful features and it is easy to use."
  • icon"Symantec endpoint protection is one of the useful security software on the web. It has very useful functions, my best is it's ability to optimize my PC."
  • icon"No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus."
  • icon"If any issues come up with encrypted machine, possibility of losing all data on hard drive was very high. The bypass screen for encryption login would often not work."
  • icon"Can be a pain for end users when applications are blocked from executing or installing."

All Symantec Endpoint Security Reviews

Anshuman

Well integrated endpoint protection software

Fernando

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Matt

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Symantec Endpoint Security gets the job done

This was a good solution and is a good solution for any organization, but for us we determined that we wanted a single provider for as much of our security suite as possible.

Pros

We needed something better than Windows Defender and Symantec offers centralized management, and reporting among other things. It worked well, but isn't perfect.

Cons

Symantec products are generally well put together, but it did not integrate well with our Cisco security suite and so we went with Cisco's solution after some time due to the lack of centralized management from a single console.

Reasons for choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

Symantec was a better solution overall for our organization.

Grace

Industry: Individual & Family Services

November 2022

Friendly and secure for this user for 1 year now!

From a User's perspective, it keeps machines clear of infections without compromising performance or accessibility.

Pros

This software was installed by my organization administrators on all of our computers. As a user I am okay with not knowing how all the nuts and bolts work as long as I can utilize my machine the way I want to and do it safely. In over a year I have not heard of any computer at our organization getting an infection/malware! I am still able to access the internet how I would normally as well which is a big plus! (NO blocking of common social platforms or anything like that needed in my experience)

Cons

Honestly the only thing I really noticed even about this software running was a pop up that would notify me that my computer had been scanned and was clean. It was able to be closed easily so it wasn't a huge deal but it was a tiny annoyance when I was in a hurry to get onto a program when I first logged on.

Chaucer

Use to be fantastic. But that was then. My, how things have changed.

For quite a few years I had Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) deployed across servers and workstations in multiple offices. At the time, I found it to offer the best balance of effectiveness and efficiency. Customers support was prompt and professional, and even after I fled the IT profession to preserve my sanity I kept SEP running on my own home computers. All was well until I upgraded to version 14, at which point everything pretty much went to hell. Experiences that I have had with the new version of SEP: • Total system lockups during every comprehensive system scan. The only way for me to get through a scan was to limit the scans to known file types. • The SEP client grabbing every available CPU core without warning, even when there are no scans or updates scheduled. • Technical support whose philosophy is apparently "Make the customer suffer enough and they will never complain again." I spent a least than eight hours doing the bidding of the Symantec's support folks, but when it became apparent that they couldn't solve the problem I tried to close the support case as "problem not solved". At which point they made it clear that they intended to keep me jumping through hoops indefinitely. I finally told them that their constant stream of emails demanding yet more logfiles constituted harassment, and I blocked them at my email gateway for extra protection. Great job, folks. Now, I use Sophos.

Pros

Incredibly granular control of each security component, customizable to suit a broad range of business environments. IF you can get it to run, you get an amazing amount of control over the security policies in place for different types of machines and different offices within your business.

Cons

A tech support team trained in the dungeons of Mordor by the Dark Lord himself. Oh, and about SEP v14 bringing my system to it's knees: I'm sure that some of your customers love that, but I'll pass.

Anthony

August 2022

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Pros

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Cons

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Saumendra

October 2022

A Reliable Enterprise Level Protection Application

Never faced any major incidents till now , detection and prevention and supper quick making day to day work safer from data security point of view.

Pros

Signature update are daily and update for critical vulnerabilities gets released supper quickly making the endpoints safer than peer tools.Detection and reporting are almost real time so monitoring enterprise level security posture from dashboard is considered as live data.Very light weight on resource front so not affecting user experience.

Cons

Nothing specific as of now.

Ayseli Bozkır

October 2022

Communication data security platform

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Security ensures the security of our communication infrastructure.

Cons

That would be quite good if Symantec Endpoint Security offered their services for a cheaper price.

November 2022

Powerful and Top-Rated End Point Security Software in the world

Prevent attacks , highly intelligent threat detection, simple setup and user friendly interface

Pros

End point security management, Information security , Web security, Email security

Cons

Very rigid when in operation and freezes system and pc's

Reasons for choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

Highly intelligent threat detection and prevent attacks

Ruben

September 2022

Great software

We've been spared some major trouble thanks to Symantec stopping a nasty virus.

Pros

I like how userfriendly this software is!

Cons

Installing this software on the clients takes longer than other similar software.

Pritam

Industry: Research

September 2022

SES-one of the best protections available for your PC

Pros

The way it handles visiting malicious sites is incredible.

Cons

The interface could have been better. Autorun files of external hard drives/pen drives are always blocked by it. Some websites are readily blocked and do not have an option to allow access to them in the opened webpage. Infected files should be repaired from quarantine.

Symantec is one of the toughest antivirus software's out there

I must say that this is by far one of the greatest enemies of Support and in case you want to be sure that something won't be changed in any possible way ( Firewall, incoming connections from some PC in general or files copied ), make sure to get Symantec as you won't be disappointed while using it even a little bit and I can sign this as an agent who is working with it for a couple years so far.

Pros

This antivirus is so good, that it looks like an impossible obstacles sometimes on my work, as I keep encountering it daily while working on some of my Customers. It is easy to deploy, password protected ( if you are trying to uninstall it or stop it, you can't do it without password ) and provides user protection from almost anything, especially as it integrates and utilizes Windows Firewall and Virus Protection on Windows 10 for instance, to provide impenetrable wall for any attack.

Cons

I can say that sometimes I don't like how tough this one is, as it is my daily job to make my software work fine with Symantec, but if Customer Administrator is not online, I am unable to do anything. That's why I would recommend it to everyone out there, as I am battling it for a couple years so far and I know how good it is.

Reasons for switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

I used it for a couple years back and it was good, but I wanted to check some alternatives.

Irfan

Best Available Protection Tool for large scale Infrastructure.

Overall experience is excellent, this suite provide continue protection from viruses, anti-malware, intrusion prevention and other threats as well as firewall features for endpoint users as well as servers.

Pros

Regular Scanning @ end point users. stop forcefully unauthorized Applications in the network. Best available policies in Firewall for threat detection. fast and best recovery act like more-then Antivirus

Cons

Hanged often not regular still finding Cons. but still space for upgrading.

Reasons for choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are excellent. Virus data base Update is hard job at end users Pricing licensing

Reasons for switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are not good inundation/data base Update is hard job Pricing licensing

Dale

Industry: Warehousing

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Pros

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Cons

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

Reasons for choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

Our supplier worked with Symantec and not Trend Micro so it was easier since we already had contracts with them.

Reasons for switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

I had to restart a lot of the environment from scratch and this software was reasonably priced for all the features it had.

vasu

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Pros

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints. Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats. The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication. Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Cons

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome. LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS. 2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features. 3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually . 4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources. 5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety. 6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices. 7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful. 8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive. 9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors. 2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process. 3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory