• Pros

• "Excellent VPN software, both for computers and mobile devices. Very useful during travels when you need to connect to untrusted wi-fi points."

• "I love this product. I find it easy to use and well worth the cost. There are too many security breaches in todays world. This program allows you to browse the internet without worry."

• "I loved that it's a fully functional VPN and easily configurable. It also has a great look which is just so cool!"

• Cons

• "I like the quality of tunnelbear, everything is ok but only one thing that is the price, it is a bit expensive for a software like this."

• "Some times the mobile app can lag, other than that TunnelBear provides a good service."

• "If we talk about cons, TunnelBear is very well done, however I would like to expand the number of servers that can be connected."

Browse TunnelBear Reviews

Kush from Havells India Ltd.

A decent VPN service with quite a few locations

It's a good VPN, I recommend using it for just some private browsing.

Pros

The UI is nice, the connection is stable with multiple options. It has a kill switch which is very important for VPN services.

Cons

It comes with a cost which makes it hard to use for freelancing when you are a student.

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

Hotspot shield is really good but lacks in the smoothness, it lags sometimes.

Mir Fida from Fiverr

Best VPN solution for beginners for basic needs

Although,it is not an advanced level VPN but still a better choice for most basic requirements for a VPN features. New users should try it's free plan of 500 Mb per month to know the performance and features then switch to a paid plan.It is not as feature rich as other available VPN software but should be enough for specific task needs that one need to do regularly like IP & traffic security. Ease of use and quick setup makes it a suitable option for start ups and individuals .

Pros

First of all it is a beginner user friendly software that is get you started as soon as few clicks away.Not much configuration and settings needed. Apps and browser extensions are available for multiple OS and devices like respectively.Free plan is available to test performance for your specific network task requirement.It protects user's privacy through its no logging policy.Security is ensured by independent yearly audit make it a credible software to use. Another good feature is P2P connection which allows for use as secure torrent network.It supports split tunneling but only on android.

Cons

Major thing is the less support for unblocking streaming services like Netflix, in all locations.Other is customer support which is limited and not always available for solving commonly faced issues. Availability is limited to a set of listed countries.It does not support split tunneling except on android.

Reasons for Choosing TunnelBear

Becuase it was quick & easy to get started and running without much hassle. It provides less features which are not needed by average user client, but on a value for money price plans.Security and privacy policy make it an authentic VPN software for common use.

The best VPN with a bear

My company have bought paid subscription for another VPN client, which has really terrible support and doesn't do the basic thing it is supposed to change your location and IP. Since I have to do my work and the other VPN didn't work as supposed to I had to install the TunnelBear app and use the free option in order to finish my work.

Pros

This is the easiest most user friendly VPN which I have ever used. And I've used a lot. I really like that it is fool prof, works fast, you can try it for free and does what it is supposed to do.

Cons

I would've like to have the chance of choosing different servers on a specific location. Other than that there is nothing more I would add

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

Terrible support and doesn't really do what it is supposed to - change your location and let you browse content from another countries.

Horacio from Lead Machine AI

A VPN that used to be great but went downfall.

Pros

We have been using this VPN for quite some time and It worked great with a good balance between features and monthly cost, even the UI was fun to watch.

Cons

After the acquisition from McAfee, we felt the security was compromised as all the traffic wasn't encrypted and secured but it actually may have been stored. As the company that used to be in Toronto now has to comply to US security and privacy requirements means no information is really private in their servers.

Erik from Erik Maas Art

Industry: Graphic Design

Keeps your devices protected with surprise and delight at every corner

I recommend TunnelBear to all of my colleagues and friends. It is ingeniously designed, fun to use, and completely private. I rest easy knowing my devices are protected by their VPN while my data remains private, too!

Pros

My favorite thing about TunnelBear is the clean user interface, fun animations, and thoughtful details they have added to every step of their user journey. I am always delighted by the subtle animations and clean design elements they use to convey clear messages to me about how TunnelBear is protecting my device. On mobile, it's even better! They have integrated their values into their product by offering pride bears and different options for your home screen icon - how cute is that?!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about TunnelBear. They obviously listen to what their users want and need without sacrificing their values or integrity. I love knowing my devices are fully protected by an adorable team of bears!

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

Proton slowed down my computer, so I did some research and found TunnelBear! I'm very happy I made the switch!

Krutik from Self employed

Review for Tunnel Bear

I have been using Tunnel bear VPN service to browse securely over internet

Pros

A Great Virtual Private Network all over the world Fast speed connectivity and hide the original ISP of the user

Cons

Less number of the VPN server in most of the countries Need more server some bugs in user interface

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

Nord Vpn server connect different place from the place selected

Dorothy from Purpose Made

Industry: Graphic Design

Pros

TunnelBear is easy to set up and use. If you are worried about online security, using a VPN like TunnelBear is ideal. The plan is relatively cheap or you can use the free version which will give you 500 MB per month.

Cons

The only con while using TunnelBear was that some of my software that requires internet connection was either slow or unresponsive. It's a known issue that Netflix will not work while using most VPNs.

Reasons for Choosing TunnelBear

TunnelBear was free, the software was simple and aesthetically pleasing.

Samuel from Self-Employed

Industry: Broadcast Media

TunnelBear is my low budget but quality VPN

In all I think if your budget is low and you still want some quality VPN service then TunnelBear is the best alternative.

Pros

What I like the most about this VPN is the free trial option that doesn't expire and also gives you free 500mb for sharing it on your social media page. Aside enjoying the free data it gives you, the amount to purchase it fully is relatively less as compared to other VPN's that give quality service as TunnelBear does.

Cons

What is dislike though and I hop is corrected is how slow it automatically connects back after it looses connection. At time it shows on your notification bar as though it is connecting automatically but it wont till you have to go back to the software and connect it manually. Also the connection is quite slow and can be improved upon. The locations are quite less and limited in the free mode.

It is expensive.

Melanie from Have You Heard My Book/Product Review

Industry: Publishing

Make your privacy private again

For the first time in years, I feel safe in using my computer. I've had many companies tell me of data breaches. Now, I don't have to worry about it any more. TunnelBear has my back!

Pros

Cons

I didn't find any cons. At least not yet. This product should be checked out by everyone. I bet you embrace it too.

Nenad from JustProof

A good, simple VPN

it's been great! would recommend it to friends who need an easy to use VPN.

Pros

It was easy - it has a cool mascot and they're offering a good service especially since everything is trying to track you these days.

Cons

The price isn't as good as some of the competition - They do have a free tier to make sure it's a good fit but some more direct marketing and price competition would be nice to see.

christophere from vangogh get it

very user friendly powerful and entertaining platform

My overall experience was that of pleasantry in the aspects of I felt confidant that tunnel bear had my back and put the time and effort into there software so I never felt that my privacy was in question and to be quite honest I am a big kid so I enjoyed the animation of the bear I would always pick a far off server just to watch the bear.

Pros

So what I have to say first because it is my favorite aspect of this software was the user friendly and visually gratifying layout of this software, So many VPN software's can be very confusing to a person with not very much background in the pc world. The layout of this software visually makes it to where you can understand what is happening. Picture this you have a map with a little bear sitting in a pipe that has an uncanny resemblance to Mario and has multiple locations across the globe for you to choose from . Now once you pic a location you see the bear hop down his pipe and quite literally dig a tunnel to the location of the server you are wanting to connect to. The re ups in data quantity is also very cost friendly they do not tax you hardcore there server connections listed are consistent and they care about there customers what else could you really ask for.

Cons

The only complaint and it may have been I just had a hard time doing it and I have computer background so I am quite positive our less knowledgeable users definitely would is that merging your vpn information into the windows 10 operating system was a little harder them I would have like but in the end I just kept it as tunnel bear it was more fun to look at anyways.

Reasons for Choosing TunnelBear

The one reason was Tunnel Bear was far more cost effective people by Nord mainly for the name at this point there not really getting more protection then say other VPN software's like Tunnel Bear are offering.

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

Because the free vpn software's lack the care and effort that the paid VPN software's have.

Nadusha from EIGHT25MEDIA

Only for short term operations. Period.

Overall, I'm only using this for some simple operations only. Only reason I'm using this is because of the user friendliness of the app. And this is 100% working where some other tools don't work sometimes. But the bandwidth limit is too low. So I can only rate it 5 out of 10.

Pros

Well, I like everything about the Tunnelbear vpn. It can hide your identity and can connect to any server in almost all of the countries out there. works pretty well. Thishas an Chrome extension so that you can use it with the chrome browser. First you have to create an account and then you have to login. this process is very easy and won't take too much time. And you can connect right away. There's an android app so that use vpn from your mobile device wiht those login credentials. Everything is pretty easy. user interface is very simple. and attractive as well. and connecting won't take too long or there's no queue like other tools.

Cons

like I said previously, usage bandwidth is limited when you're using this. like very low. you only get 500MB per month. so it's not suitable for long term operations like browsing social media, downloading things etc. however they allow you 1 GB if you could tweet about their service. But even that doesn't sound enough for me. Plus there are some competitors who offer the same service for free! So this is a bit questionable.

Great travel VPN for computer and mobile

An easy to use VPN for both my computer and mobile device, I usually use it when I am travelling and on an unfamiliar network and am worried about my personal security.

Pros

This is very easy to use both on a computer and a mobile phone when you are on untrusted networks and want a secure connection. There are plenty of different options of locations to "tunnel" to, which is nice. Additionally, the price is not too bad for a VPN service, and it goes down if you buy larger packages. I have never really experienced that many connection issues when using TunnelBear, which is a big plus considering other VPNs drop me frequently.

Cons

There are other VPNs that provide just as much security, if not more due to legal requirements of collecting data on customers. TunnelBear does not collect logs, but still beware that Canada, where they are based, has very strict privacy laws and anti-P2P laws.

Response from TunnelBear

Replied December 2017

Hey there! Thanks for your review! The Bears are thrilled that you're enjoying the service. You will be pleasantly surprised to find out that TunnelBear does NOT collect logs of the website you visit. Phew! :) TunnelBear explicitly does not collect, store or log the following data: - IP addresses visiting our website - IP addresses upon service connection - DNS Queries while connected - Any information about the applications, services or websites our users use while connected to our Service You can learn more at TunnelBear's human-readable, super transparent privacy policy: https://www.tunnelbear.com/privacy-policy. If you have any questions, we want to hear from you at privacy@tunnelbear.com. Rawr!

Marouane from Converge Solutions Inc.

Industry: Online Media

VPN With Some Flare

TunnelBear offers an easy to use, secure and consistent VPN service with apps across all the platforms I use at a competitive price.

Pros

TunnelBear is a consistent and powerful VPN solution. The service is inexpensive and with applications available across multiple platforms including browser extensions TunnelBear makes it easy to ensure you're protected and have VPN access wherever you are. The interface is intuitive and for those who don't know much about VPNs the settings have helpful descriptions for the more complex features. The animations and design of the interface is charming and a welcome change from the dull app interfaces out there. TunnelBear is fast and realiable, easily one of the best VPNs on the market.

Cons

I have not experienced any real issues with the service or it's apps in all the time I've been using TunnelBear, and I've been using it for a long time.

Caleb from Transparent BPO

TunnelBear - Surf Fearlessly

I have loved the experience ever since I started using the service and don't think I will switch to anyother VPN service provider.

Pros

TunnelBear is a VPN service which encrypts your internet connection in order to keep your daily online activities private and super secure while you browse the web doing what you do best, without the worries of hackers and the government spying on your data. TunnelBear is available across all Mac, Windows, IOS and Android devices so you feel secure no matter your location or your device. TunnelBear does not log any user activity as mentioned in the privacy policy so you can feel free to surf as intended without being spied on also by your VPN service provider. TunnelBear also offers a free service which is limited to 500MB/Month so you can take it for a test drive before upgrading to the premium service. Some of TunnelBear advance features are: Global content - which allows you to view contents that is not allowed in your region Online Privacy - TunnelBear blocks the government and your local ISP from viewing any of your internet traffic. IP tracking - this feature blocks ad services from tracking your behavior which is used to target you for web-based advertisement.

Cons

TunnelBear uses 256-bit AES encryption which is strong enough but a bit weaker than other VPN services on the market.

Jacqui from Casino Nova Scotia

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

VPN With Some Flare

TunnelBear affords me a reliable, simple and inexpensive VPN solution that is easy to use and implement.

Pros

TunnelBear is a robust and comprehensive VPN service with a twist; the interface. TunnelBear's user interface, in addition to being intuitive and modern is fun, the application is a breath of fresh air in a world of applications that take themselves too seriously. TunnelBear has a rich feature set, everything you expect from a VPN is here including an option to hide the fact that you're using a VPN. TunnelBear has native applications across all the platforms you're familiar with including mobile and browser extensions. All of this while remaining rather inexpensive.

Cons

There's nothing not to like here, the service is reliable and consistent. The applications are stable and secure.

Shayna from Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools

Industry: Writing and Editing

Addressing the Needs of International Clients While Ensuring Security

Overall, I was very pleased with TunnelBear. It did exactly what I needed to affordably, allowing me to work with international clients on their content from a U.S. IP address. I appreciated TunnelBear's candid FAQs which helped me to better understand what VPN was and what the benefits and considerations were for using it. While those projects have ended, I will definitely consider using TunnelBear in the future specifically for privacy and security purposes as I often work remotely over highly vulnerable public WiFi.

Pros

The internet has changed the face of producing content by expanding clientele from a local pool to an international one. Many clients need writers to be able to view sites and broadcasts as if they were local, but sometimes your IP address is a barrier. With TunnelBear I was able to toggle between my US IP address and an address local to my clients so I could stay abreast of local broadcasts. It was actually only after discovering TunnelBear for this purpose that I discovered it's full use as a VPN to protect privacy.

Cons

Toggling between my home IP address and an international one takes a little more time than simply surfing directly, but it's isn't too long and is as close to seamless as possible.

Ernesto Enrique from Bandit. The most wanted talent

Easiest VPN service

In general TunnelBear is an excellent opportunity for a fast, simple VPN service that has a very good free plan. Additionally, it improves the user experience with its extension for the browser.

Pros

What I like most about this service is that it is very easy to use. One click and ready to navigate. The interface is another point that I would like to highlight because other services can be very easy too but they do not have an interface as polished as TunnelBear has it. It's gamified and I like the drawing of the bear very much. For the free version you have 500mb of navigation that you can increase by an additional 1GB if you make a tweet, very good.

Divyang from Trueline Solutions

Stay Anonymous on The Web

TunnelBear is used mostly in our SEO department and are satisfied with the tool. Moreover, we were able to extend our business in different regions.

Pros

TunnelBear gives free access to many of the country as VPN service. Although its premium version is catchy with many different choices but free version is capable of doing all the things in for our organisation's need. We also do Digital Marketing and SEO requires backlinks to be set up to get higher ranks. TunnelBear has helped get this done perfectly and even expanded our horizon to accept customers from many parts of the world. It does not require any professional knowledge to set up. Just a click for enabling service and one more to disable. Data is not stored and privacy is ensured.

Cons

Price range for premium version is higher than ome would expect. There is limit to devices that it can run with same account. Though you can access offers from different countries but you may not access it fully as sometimes there is problem loading images or text which you may not understand at all.

Joel from HFS

Multi-platform VP goodness

I have used Tunnelbear to protect public internet connections for over 3 years. The company kept a clean interface and make it easy to use and promote.

Pros

It is so easy to deploy, manage and use. It protects and has clear notifications of when it is one, how it is connected, and where it is connected to. They audit their software and make the 3rd party report publically available so that you can trust your data is even private from them.

Cons

Nothing, I have had great experiences, it is low overhead and easy to deploy. The price is a bit more than similar solutions. Not crazy it is owned by McAfee now.

It was made in Canada.

VPN is a must nowadays and for me the best is TunnelBear...

A fan of the service, and also it offers timely plans discounts for subscription renewal, really good experience at the best price.

Pros

I have several devices (Mac, iPhones, iPad, Windows PC and Android) and just setting my TunnelBear account when downloading and installing their respective versions work just great in each device. I really feel protected, as they are constantly updating the app and it offers configuration options who protect you much more; like Browsers plug-ins, traffic emulation, and UDP/TCP forcing for reliable/not reliable internet connections.

Cons

Under really unreliable connections (bandwidth compromised) the experience is really bad, but I guess is unfair to blame the app :).

Secure your internet activities

TunnelBear helps me in maintaining my privacy over my internet activities. It is easy to use and cheap, making it possible for me to subscribe to its plan.

Pros

TunnelBear is very easy to use! You just need to click or tap on the server's location that you want to use and voila! You are connected to the server. It is also cheap compared to other similar services, yet offer good service to the users.

Cons

It offers a free version but with very limited data it offers, it's better to just subscribe to the basic plan. Another negative point is that sometimes, the connection becomes lagging. While it is understandable since I am using VPN service but I hope this can be addressed somewhat.

Stephanie from Ojo Labs

VPN Made FUN

TunnelBear has afforded me a comprehensive and inexpensive VPN solution that I can use across all my devices with no issue. The service is reliable and consistent.

Pros

- - Consistent and reliable - - Intuitive and modern interface - - The bear animations add a welcome flare to the interface - - Feature rich and robust - - Fast (of course this depends on your connection but at least it won't bottle neck your connection) - - Native applications across many platforms, including mobile and broswer extentions

Cons

TunnelBear has been a reliable and consistent VPN solution for my needs for a while now. I have had no issues with the service.

Danilo from Brazilian Air Force

Industry: Defense & Space

Great software with some reliability snags

Overall it serves the purpose and delivers the intended service. However, I believe it could improve its reliability as a way to justify the prices charged.

Pros

It allows you to access internet content only available within countries, which is quite a balsam when your are away from home and wants to watch your favourite shows. It is user-friendly and has a cute interface. It is really powerful and incredibly straightforward to use.

Cons

I believe the main problem is to do with reliability. The connection happens to stall every now and then. Besides that, it can reduce a bit of your connection speed.

Janosch from INVERS GmbH

Easy, reliable VPN-Tunneling that works

I was astonished by how easy setting up a VPN Tunnel can be. Fast, reliable, stable - recommendable. Whenever I have a task to do which requires my PC believably to be in Finnland or Australia I will unse TunnelbBar again. Can not have no sad bears (: .

Pros

I needed a way to tunnel VPN traffic in a way that would make my PC appear to be from another country then the one I was in. I came across tunnelBear and felt in love. Clear and simple it integrates into your System and tunnels (hence the name) your Network traffic as set to be. I had zero hassle with setup or stability and was just charmed by the user-friendly, open easy to use functionality.

Cons

Not much. The only thing I can remeber was, taht I was sad, when I had to quit because I had done all I had to do on the task that required the VPN-Tunnel. "The bear was sad" or something I remember. Even the unsitall Process was clean, simple and easy.

A Free VPN That's Easy To Use And Just Works

I use TunnelBear for access to sites that are IP blocked in my home country - eg, some US websites are not GDPR compliant and block European visitors. TunnelBear gets round that problem. Installation and use is simple and the connection can be quickly switched on and off to conserve data. If accessing a proxy was more mission-critical for my business then I may look at alternatives but for my uses, TunnelBear is a friendly and easy to use service.

Pros

Such an easy product to use - just select the country you want to tunnel to (there are 22 at the moment), and TunnelBear does the rest. It's free to use for up to 500MB per month, but if you tweet about it, you gain an extra 1GB per month. Connection speeds were variable - I find European speeds can be slow - maybe a few MB/s, but itr seems to depend on the time of day.

Cons

The main drawback is the amount of data you obtain for free: 1.5GB won't go far if you use this every day. That said, for occasional use that doesn't require very high speeds, it's perfect. If you want to gain access to unlimited data you'll be paying $9.99 a month or $4.99 if you pay for a year in one go.

Polo from mienvío

The simplest VPN client out there

Tunnelbear is without a doubt the simplest VPN if you're in need of one. Great software for a single person, not sure if it would work for a large company.

Pros

- Very cheap for what it offers - Very easy to install, even without computer knowledge - The app is very well designed - The companion apps make a great investment, VPN all across devices - Has a free version that gives you 2gb for a tweet

Cons

Not much, the only one is that the app sometimes gets slow and the connection to the VPN takes more than expected, sometimes more than 2 minutes

Karl from Global Consulting Group Inc.

Protection of the privacy of information in a secure and stable manner.

It is a tool that has guaranteed the privacy of the information of the members of the company where it has been implemented, its service is fast, easy to use and guarantees a good technical support and quality service.

Pros

This product offers a good stability in VPN connection, offers a connection in a stable and secure way allowing the user to enjoy a fast navigation offering the privacy of the information, especially when it comes to information of the financial type or themes of the company. Confidentiality, accessing the TunnelBear Services is simple and the forms of payment are varied, the installation of the software can be applied from the desktop or through the web browser.

Cons

Once I had to install the software in Windows 8.1 and it did not work, the software was installed, it also happened several times that it was frozen when making a connection and not connects which I had to restart and it works again.

Easy to Use VPN with Charming UI

Pros

TunnelBear does everything I need a VPN to do and its simple enough to use that I can safely recommend it to anyone. I'm half embarassed to say that the bear jokes make me kind of happy. That instead of something like "Your VPN is now on" it says "Rawr! Browsing from a secure tunnel in [country]"

Cons

This wasn't a problem for me, but I've seen other VPNs with more countries as options. Some even have specific cities. TunnelBear doesn't have this, but I've never needed it.

Enxhi from Wearefiber

Really fun to switch browsing from a country to another country

Whenever I need to visit a website that is not available from the country I am surfing at that moment, I open TunnelBear, switch to another country and in a matter of seconds and graceful animations I am already seeing the website that didn't worked previously.

Pros

The product works really well, and works all time. I can switch browsing from one country to another within a few seconds and it always worked for me. I never had a downtime or anything like it. I really loved the animation of the bear going in the tunnel from one country to another and it really did that amazing job. I also liked they sometimes makes offer to get some free MBs to surf.

Cons

Maybe the price for personal use is not affordable to everyone that I know, but overall sometimes there are offers to get some free MBs or GBs even!

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

The easy of use and the fact that this product works always.

Josip from Elfo trgovina i servis

VPN full of bears

Some websites are in my country geo-blocked like Hulu or CBS. I solved this problem by using TunnelBear. It works flawlessly every time. I don't even notice I am using a VPN because the speed of download and upload is almost the same as my carrier provide.

Pros

TunnelBear is a fantastic VPN service with easy to use interface which has a lot of sweet little bears all around menus. When you press to turn on the button you are greeted with a nice animation of a bear digging a tunnel from your country to a selected country. Their dedication to those little details and overall quality of service is what makes TunnelBear the best VPN. If you bought their subscription because the free plan doesn't meet your requirements then you can enjoy their VPN service on all your devices. The mobile app has some features that other competitors still don't have. One example is VigilantBear - this stops all your internet connection if it becomes unstable and you are likely to be reconnected so there won't be any privacy leaks. Also, in their terms of service is written that they don't keep or sell your browsing history and other data as some other companies do. So, if you are very vigilant about your internet privacy TunnelBear is a must-go choice.

Cons

The only downside of TunnelBear is their pricing if you choose monthly plan but most of the users usually choose year plan so they don't have to bother with that and usually with a monthly plan there is a lot more saving. In TunnelBear is this enormous 50%.

Leon from BairesDev

This is probably the cutest and most effective VPN software in the market.

Great and functional VPN software.

Pros

First of all, this software has one of the most beautiful and easy to use interfaces I have seen, also their website graphics revolved around cute vectorized bears. It works marvelous, it is simple to use, effective, connects quickly and in addition; it is inexpensive (You can use around 500 MB for free in a monthly basis, and if you tweet about TunnelBear you can get some extra MBs, also their monthly and yearly plans are very affordable). I wholeheartedly recommend TunnelBear!

Cons

This is one of those few cases were I don't really have anything negative to say about a software. I believe TunnelBear is great.

Malith from WSO2

TunnelBear review

I use tunnelbear for 6 or 8 months and I recommend it to my friend.

Pros

Tunnelbear is a famous VPN software it's fast and accurate. 500mb free for evey account for a month. It's a user friendly application.

Cons

Free usage isn't enough. They should give at least 5gb when compare with others. Their customer support isn't that good.

Héctor from Chunch.es

Easiest to use VPN Service with bear puns included

Best UI in a VPN Client, Easy to use and fast to connect, if you're an advance user some options will not be available and you cannot go wrong with this one.

Pros

It was really easy to use and setup, the UI was excellent, variety of countries to use, it connected really quick, and the price is right.

Cons

Lack of advance options in comparison to PIA and that McAfee acquired them about 2 years ago, for some people that might be bad but the product itself it's been amazing and you cannot torrent with it.

Randall from TMC Technologies of WV

Industry: Defense & Space

Simple, easy, functional, and fun!

I have such a great experience using TunnelBear, especially when I'm on travel to other countries. The free version is probably good enough for the average user, but I would definitely recommend getting the paid version for long term use!

Pros

When on travel to other countries, we would often get blocked from accessing sites or videos that we would normally be able to watch. I tried using other VPN clients, but none of them worked even though I was able to select the country. TunnelBear came as a surprise to me, as it was easy to install, it comes with a fun and creative interface with literal tunnels appearing on the map, and when you click on them you see a bear go to that place and make a funny "rawr!" sound. But beside the cuteness, TunnelBear worked like a charm in hiding my IP address and effortlessly connected me to that country. I was able to use the internet as if I was in that country, and without any network slowdowns. I did not experience any connection drops even after being connected for a long time, as opposed to other VPNs. I've only used the free version, but I am heavily considering purchasing the paid version as it is very affordable, and honestly it is just that good!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say. TunnelBear did not let me down when I needed a good VPN solution.

Gayland from LOA Source

Best VPN available today

I started out using their free minutes and was hooked immediately. I had questions and contacted customer service which was a very pleasant experience. I have had zero problems and feel very confident that my online use is private and secure.

Pros

First, the financial side. The prices on TunnelBear are some of the best available. In addition, they give you free time. Secondly, it is extremely secure and is very user friendly. Also, their customer service is excellent.

Cons

I would like for the font to be a little larger.

Jordan from Snappetizing Photography Co.

Industry: Photography

Security is important!

I run a Photography Studio and keeping photos of clients safe and secure is vital. Online delivery of images is 100% of the time how we do things and keeping that information secure for only the client is a must. TunnelBear helps keep it that way. I can actually keep true to the Privacy Policy I have with clients!

Pros

TunnelBear is invisible! You might think that is a Con, but you would be wrong. Setup was quick and easy. I don't need to maintain it or anything, just let it do its work.

Cons

Pricey, I wish services like this would be cheaper. It's another monthly subscription alongside the other 10+ subscriptions you have.

Instantly browse from different countries

Pros

It was so fast and easy to browse from a different country, that I really enjoyed the software. My son installed it on my computer more than 2 years ago and taught me how to use it, and that was easy to remember. Everytime I would stumble on something that wasn't available from the country I was currently browsing, I just switched to a different country and access any material online.

Cons

The average free space is limited and you have to do some work like sharing their product on twitter to get some extra space.

Reasons for Switching to TunnelBear

With TunnelBear I don't need anymore my son or an IT to help me find a VPN server and set it on my browser. I can just choose the country where I want to browse and it is as easy as that.

Juan Carlos from L.B. Ángel Noriega Pérez

I am in Venezuela and anywhere thanks to this application.

Pros

Many applications where you work on the Internet are full of Venezuelan participants due to the economic situation that crosses the country, so many times I wanted to enter these pages and to identify my IP reject me alleging that Venezuelan quotas are full, but They invite us to change the IP to be part of their team, that's why I started using TUNNEL BEAR, because it allows me to change my IP in an easy, fast and virtual way without having to download any application, just open an account in the page, it is programmed and instantly my IP changes, I think it's great.

Cons

I have no disadvantages that adding the application works for the purpose I need it, I consider it very good and I recommend it.

Claire from Verisk

Industry: Information Services

A secure and powerful VPN service

Overall I love its functionalities as it is running great and very helpful with my work. My experience tells Tunnel Bear is the best VPN service provider that is not even easy to use but also work faster than other VPNs available in the market.

Pros

If I talk about pros, i would say it is extremely easy to use both on computer as well as on mobile phones. Love everything about this software. The thing I like about Tunnel bear is the amount of servers it provides in several countries. I have been using this software for a long time. I use it when I have to research on projects and my server does not allow the website to be opened.

Cons

Sometimes hindrance occur in connection due to which system gets slow and also sites take too long time for loading but it happens sometimes otherwise it works fantastically and provides us secure connection.

Ross from JuiceIT

Brilliant if only for the bear

Brilliant product that is easy to use and has great customer support. + the bear is awesome

Pros

With the implementation of GDPR we have found the need to test sites from locations around the world to see how they display and react to location specific requirements. Tunnel bear's ease of use and integration allows us to do this easily without slowing down the team.

Cons

Not so much a con but I have had it twice that when connecting to a VPN to specific county the IP given was not actually of that country. I contacted support and it was resolved quickly.

Sean from Awmous

Excellent option for easy access

While it was in use it was a great option for us. It could be a great solution for many businesses. We grew and had to change what software/provider we went with. But it's very straight forward and not overly technical.

Pros

In the early days of the business, this was great because it's simple and easy to use. One price, easy to understand. The whole office could use it and didn't require too much technicality. As we grew it had to be replaced.

Cons

I won't say it's slow, because it isn't slow by any means. It just became not enough for our needs. This is why I recommend it for smaller needs.

Harshad from Parigh Technologies

A Simple VPN Service !!

i am web designer and using this since last 3 years and it always works for me for accessing blocked website from my ip or sometime it works for me when hosting providers blocked my ip due to security purpose

Pros

Its very easy to install, no more technical knowlege require to install, mutliplaform supported like ios, android, macos and windows. You can quckly switch to another country easily while browsing . Sometime Specific Websites are blocked in specific countries so using tunnelbear you can easily access those websites by switching to another country. They also gives some free MB occationally,

Cons

Free space is limited they should give some more free space. i am free user of tunnelbear so there are no more drawbacks as per my opinion.

Karen from The May Creative

One of my favorite VPN's

Great service, great branding and trusted by pros definitely worth a try if you use public wifi. Oh! Plus they have an app for your phone for extra security. Try it!

Pros

The cute little bear grabbed my attention first, well it came recommended from a cybersecurity pro. Then the bear just sealed the deal. What can I say I am a sucker for good branding and theirs is pretty good. Anyway, the real reason why I needed to find a trusty VPN is because I like to work from coffee shops and I wanted additional protection of my info! The scammers are serious out here in these streets, I simply don't have time to deal with the hacks. So that is where TunnelBear steps in, it keeps me feeling a bit more secure for when I am out and about using public wifi.

Cons

Absolutely nothing really - sometimes it disconnects for a brief second but it's right back up. It will tell you by popping a notification across the screen. Other than that I think the price is great and the customer service is great as well. I definitely highly recommend them for VPN.

Will from Senjien Studio

Best free option for short burst users

I loved its free version when I used it. It was perfect for downloading small files from strange servers... though I would recommend keeping your antivirus active if you plan to do the same!

Pros

A free VPN with a lot more to offer in paid subscriptions. You get 500 mb free each month, which is great for short burst users -- I used TunnelBear when I downloaded music a few years ago. It is extremely easy to set up and turn on, and definitely all around the most user friendly VPN I have ever seen.

Cons

500 mb is plenty for some people, but the more often you plan to use your VPN -- or the larger the files you plan to download -- the less enticing this is. You can opt to pay for TunnelBear, but in my opinion, the free version is where Tunnelbear outshines competitors. If you plan to pay for your VPN, I would hands down recommend NordVPN above any other -- but if you are comfortable with TunnelBear, it may still be the best option for you. Keep in mind, however, that some VPNs have restrictions on download types -- if you plan to torrent, be sure to check TunnelBear's policies on P2P downloading & uploading.

Great app which is easy to use

I am using it on my Ipad and it gives me great freedom to watch worldwide TV, movies and listen to radio shows.

Pros

Easy to start up, easy to switch between different countries and the service has a great price compared with similar service.

Cons

I would like more than the twenty-five available countries were included in the list of countries which you can establish VPN to.

Response from TunnelBear

Replied January 2018

Thanks for your feedback! It's beary much appreciated.

Great VPN software!

Overall, very good experience, I just wish it was cheaper and that we could have access to Netflix!

Pros

TunnelBear is a great VPN software. It is easy to use, easy to switch from one country to another, has great privacy settings, and their logo is super cute. Their website is very appealing too!

Cons

I wish there were more countries to choose from. It is also pricey. Additionally, they offer 500MB each month for free which is extremely low. Lastly, it used to work on Netflix, but Netflix changed its privacy settings and unfortunately doesn't work anymore.

Barış from Budapest University of Technology and Economics

Industry: Chemicals

Sweet bear makes your surfing better!

To be honest, in a countries like I born, which has a lot of internet bannings it is very usefull app to have free surfings on the internet. It makes your internet life faster and secure.

Pros

Before we talk about the features of the app, I would like to say it has the best user interface compared to other VPN apps on the market. That digging bear makes feel user much better while connecting to the other worlds. Other than our sweet hero, I would very satisfied with the quickness of the app while connecting. It only takes few seconds to connect VPN's. It also provides free data for sharing a tweet for the app, which makes it very user friendly.

Cons

The app gives error and you need to restart the app if you try to change your VPN few times in a short time (like 4-5 times in a minute), altough I was a premium user. Other than this I can not really see a bad point of the app.

hilary from payserv zimbabwe

Tunnel Bear

Overally it did serve its purpose, but l feel something has to be done to make it more compatible with android phones. I had chosen it as a trial, l ended up taking Another VPN software.

Pros

I can access most sites that are not supposed to be accessed in my country It removes the restrictions that block me from using social media platforms at work it helps hides my identity when l need to protect my Identity on things like my IP address, location if my government illegally shuts down our local networks, tunnel bear will keep me connected and able to communicate

Cons

the software freezes a lot, it always gives that same location and no free choice to choose where you might want to be located. the better package is pricey, the free trial gives you a certain amount of data, once its used up the application just starts playing tricks.

TunnelBear - Safe browsing, easy install, no hassle

Pros

Just as the title says, this product was easy to install and implement on my network. It provides exactly what it claims to and doesn't have much frill to set up. Additionally, there is a freeware client available for those that just want to give it a try and see what they're missing. The paid version is much better in my opinion as it offers unlimited data streams rather than the 500 mb in the free version.

Cons

I do not like that this product doesnt offer wiregaurd and does not support Obfsproxy. Those are my only two qualms, but for what I'm paying, I can't really hate too much on this product. It's an incredible bargain.