• Pros

• "Its interface is super simple, very well designed, easy to use, intuitive and those features were the ones I liked the most"

• "Vipre is a fantastic software to protect your computer from viruses and malware. I highly recommend this product to everyone."

• "Very easy to setup and install agents packages. Detection rates are good and does not bog down our systems."

• Cons

• "i think the only think that vipre does not cover yet is the multi-language UI, and it's not really a Con but will be a plus to include this option in the future for this product."

• "Sometimes malware gets through, but that is true of every product, it can still be annoying."

• "Unfortunately, like all anti-virus solutions, you need to run a local AV server to get the best opportunity to fine-tune machine policies to your liking."

Browse VIPRE Antivirus Business Reviews

John from Neuvision

Vipre Business Antivirus Antimalware Kicks Butt

Support is great, sale team is also very good.

Pros

Love that you have a centralized console to monitor all the computers you you manage. They do not need to be in one physical location. The reporting is great and the instant notification if a computer because infected is something every IT pro needs.

Cons

The console needs to sit on one computer. You can use the cloud version which fixes this problem but if you have many computers connects to the console the migration can be a pain.

Eve from Dynamic Sports Nutrition

This Beats All Others We Have Tried

Great company to work with! Their software is great and continuously updated.

Pros

* Does not interfere with daily work flow * So inconspicuous that we forget it is working in the background * In the 5 years we have been using this software, we have encountered ZERO issues * Product was recommended to us by our Computer Software Consultant who tried many other virus protection products previously * From time to time when our subscription comes up renewal, we have opted for other software based on price, and within weeks would cancel and return back to Vipre!

Cons

There isn't a single issue we have had with this software. For several years Viper was not compatible for Mac, however that has changed and all is well.

Peter from New Era

Low Quality Product Not Detecting Even Old Viruses

Tried to contact support but they could not find my license, which we paid money for a number of years back. The company has gone through many mergers, Sunbelt, GFI, ThreatAware etc. and seemingly lost records. They refused to give me even a bit of support. So I not only does this antivirus not protect you, not only does it not even handle older viruses let alone any new threatas, not only does it not find your computers in your network and requires painful manual installation requiring dozens of hours. there is also no support. This product is absolutely not recommended.

Pros

Good is that there is a centralized console, which is supposed to be capable to detect workstations on your network automatically and push out agent installations + updates to them, in theory at least.

Cons

The central console only detects about 60% of your workstations. No amount of reboots handles this situation. You literally have to generate a MSI file from the server console and walk to each station physically to install the MSI. And that install is painful again - on most computers it took us 5 (five!) reboots and 2-3 re-installs of the MSI before it finally become active and recognized by the central console. Some computers even never got recognized, no matter how many times they were rebooted and re-installed. That's a really poor show. And I am not alone with this - I have asked a few colleagues in other companies, and they all said this is a "normal" problem with Vipre, it always does this. Tried to update to the latest version - no change, still does the same. The worst part is that the detection rate is absolutely awful. If you look at the history of threat detection it usually finds nothing. On several workstations I ran a full deep scan with Vipre, and it found no threats at all. Then ran a scan with Malwarebytes and it found 40 threats! All the way from really old threats like Conficker and a v5.vbs virus to other type of malware. Vipre had found nothing for weeks!

Keith from The Summit Windsor

Good value for the money, GREAT customer support-Post Sale

After being an end user at work, I was pleased with it enough to evaluate it for my home domain server needs and the small number of clients connected to it. I found that it does meet my needs as a home user quite well. Any questions I've ever had post sale with their customer support center have been answered completely and timely. I feel their pricing structure is on-spot for those looking for a good solution without breaking the bank.

Pros

The ability to monitor from a central dashboard is great, as is the ability to push updates to client PCs/Devices. The auto-update for the clients is a nice feature too, as it saves me from having to worry that the clients are up to date.

Cons

It seems that the software can be easily disabled based on the complaints of some users who have reported being infected with ransomware or other malware that snuck by.

Response from VIPRE

Replied February 2020

The VIPRE Business products does not give the User the ability to disable protection by default. The Admin may allow certain Power Users to control their settings. Best practices is to limit User access to settings.

Dennis from Premier Community Bank

It starts working immediately

Very positive experience and little or no issues with this product. We do wish support would be more proactive especially with updates.

Pros

Cons

The mobile device management has been hit and miss for us. Agents do not always check-in. The 3rd party patching is OK, however there are other superior products out there. We just use it to justify what is missing.

Chris from Big Splash Designs

Vipre Business is a very solid product that kept our network secure for many years.

Very consistent & easy to work with software that managed our client computers well.

Pros

Our version of Vipre was server-based and gave us a lot of granular control over our clients. I could initiate several AV functions immediately from the control panel, and I could also check the status of many software patches for each of those clients. The overhead of the used resources was low, and the nightly scans performed well each night. Reporting and notifications were also good.

Cons

We left this software in favor of a more moderately priced web solution in terms of seats. Vipre would occasionally let in some files that were infected and that would need to be detected/removed by other malware specific programs. Not many, but enough to make me think of other solutions. I'm not sure if they have come out with a cloud solution since we left in Fall of 2017, but that would have been a nice option as well.

David from Centerline Solutions

I tested Vipre with a variety of penetration tests and it stopped most attacks immediately

Pros

I threw a littany of attacks at Vipre and it immediately recognised and stopped all but those I ran by eminating an HID device for which I had physical access to the computer. While there are certainly ways to bypass Vipre, it has, in my experience and research, a constantly updated list of attacks and an immediate response time. The power of this software also makes it a less desirable target for attacks as one could spend much less time creating an attack for a weaker and more commonly used program

Cons

When Vipre runs a scan it takes up a ridiculous amount of processing power. I'm running dual xeon processors with a SSD and 32Gb of ram and I still have to kill the procoesss. That said, scheduled the full scans for the middle of the night and you should be good to go

Greg from NGA Consulting, Inc.

Great anti-virus product

Pros

I have been using Vipre for 10+ years now, it's a product that works quite well and is fairly light on system resources.

David from zuma

VIPRE A/V

WE HAVE USED IT FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS AND USE IT WITH ANOTHER PRODUCT TO KEEP OUR NETWORK SAFE.

Pros

WE USE VIPRE ANTIVIRUS ON ALL DESKTOPS AND SERVERS. IT OFFERS MULTIPLE PROTECTION FEATURES FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.

Cons

EVEN THOUGH I ADD EXCLUSIONS THEY SOMETIMES STILL GET FLAGGED AS VIRUSES ALSO KNOWN AS FALSE POSITIVES.

Reasons for Choosing VIPRE Antivirus Business

BEST OF THE WORST! :)

Aaron from IT service

Great Home Backup Solution

Works well and I like the product. Would recommend to users that are not as worried about security

Pros

This works great on home based computers or home based businesses. Blocks a lot and gives a lot of options for managing.

Cons

I would not use in a big business with all the other options that are out there.

A Good Solution for Small Businesses

In my minimal interaction with tech support, they have always been helpful and responsive.

Pros

The licensing is flexible. Some companies charge extra to install on a server OS vs a desktop OS. Vipre does not impose that restriction. A simple one-license, one-device policy. Also, a US based company.

Aimee from Computer Software

Updates cause issues with other software

Pros

This system is GREAT at shielding your computer system. Its like a fortress that has been built to protect.

Cons

Seems that with each update that comes, it wipes away settings where I have allowed certain files from my office management software to pass through the antivirus system. The result is needless time spent trying to figure out if the issue is being caused by the OM software or AV software. I now check Vipre first everytime.

Rodrick from IT Consulting and Services

It's an antivirus that really work and your device bearly notice about it

Security and safety of my information

Pros

It doesn't slow down my pc, works because i have no virus problems in years, and the only time i need support (for setup after a windows upgrade) the support team solve by remote control.

Ben from Brecknock Orchard

Secure | Economical | Superb Support

Pros

1. Vipre knows digital security inside and out. 2. The Cloud Endpoint enables easy deployment, efficient management, and economical. 3. Vipre support is 100% U.S based, knowledgeable, and fast.

Cons

None for our setting. Could be cumbersome for some businesses.

Brandon from Windemuller Electric

Good if You Have an IT Pro

Trust you IT Guru.

Pros

Lots of options for tracking threats and also white listing safe addresses. Can be maintained remotely.

Cons

Complicated to set up and implement. Exceptions are required for a lot of sites relatively. Won't work at all with VMware.

Diane from APV

Excellent Antivirus Software

Pros

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Vipre. It is a great antivirus software and great and protecting your computer.

Matthew from Oasis Senior Advisors

One of the best

Pros

Vipre is one of the best enterprise anti-viruses I've ever used. Central management, easy deployment, great reporting.

Cons

The UI for the server side needs to be updated. Looks like it's from the 90s. Client side looks great.

Mark from Cornerstone Solutions Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Vipre Review

Very poor. I had a 5 year subscription with them that I stopped using after 2 years.

Pros

When we purchased the software, it was fairly easy to set up and push agents to the endpoints within our organization.

Cons

We were using the Enterprise version of Vipre Antivirus on workstations and servers. Unfortunately, we had an outbreak of some Trojan viruses that spread to several of our workstations. I contacted Vipre tech support but had to leave a message. When they finally did get back to me, they sent me a boilerplate list of things to do to try to quarantine the machines. My main problem was how this could have happened when we had active protection running on all of the machines. Vipre was never able to take care of the problem. I downloaded a trial version of Bitdefender and it cleaned the infected machines within a day.

Bodo from TetraVue

Virus Protection Alternative

Vipre was easy to deploy and cost effective.

Pros

When we deployed Vipre as our antivirus solution 10 years ago. It was easy to deploy, easy to manage and fast to not be overly intrusive to the daily work.

Cons

Like many things it changed over time and grew too fast. In its current state the engine slows down the system and transparency is not as good.

Michael from Neurospine LLC

Reliable protection for your business

Pros

Easy to manage, instant quarantines and threat protection, automatic updates that require little management.

Cons

I have not had any luck getting Vipre to push installs to any workstations, servers, or laptops, but it is very easy to create a custom package and install it straight from the client.

GABRIELA from universidad de oriente

This product is worth trying as it provides good antivirus protection to our equipment.

Pros

Cons

Little known, I did not know of its existence until I found it in the list of capterra and I tested it. A bit of flaws when it comes to support and documentation.

Jake from CIE Tours

Great Easy to Use Anti-Virus

Pros

Vipre is easy to use and stops virus from latching onto your system. It's one of the more easy to use AAs and doesn't take up too many resources.

Cons

A little pricey compared to some other anti-viruses. Not too many cons for this program and its consumer and business based.

Its good, just not something I would use personally.

Pros

Common threats were stopped in their tracks (on work laptop) Central reporting Reasonable compatibility with different systems Minimal install

Cons

Slowed my business laptop to a crawl during its daily scanning. I grew very aggravated with it. Shared login for the root account, no option to customize schedule if an individual employee. The built-in firewall protection definitely cuts internet speed down considerably. On a 300MB line, I showed 70MB speeds. Had to disable the Windows service to restore the expected transfer speed. Unknown effectiveness on actual servers. Different exe versions for laptop, desktop, server, etc...

Danni from Stenson Physical Therapy

I would recommend this product

I would recommend this product. We have had it for years and it has worked well.

Pros

It is nice to see all of your computers in one place on the console machine. It is easy to add agents to the computers. The customer service is helpful.

Cons

Some of the tasks are hard to navigate at first but if I do have issues the customer service is really helpful.

Vipre Business - Just Not There

My overall experience hasn't been positive. Again, we've had multiple issues with viruses getting past the software.

Pros

How easy it was to manage and deploy to our end users.

Cons

It wasn't very effective as an A/V solution. We've had too many viruses make it past the software.

Jasmine from Assisting Hands

VIPRE has allowed me to feel safe

Pros

Since we have started with VIPRE, I have been comfortable in knowing our data is safe. I don't open an email with fear anymore.

Cons

Being a novice in anti virus, at first figuring out the settings best fit for me were a bit confusing.

Pedro from UCV

VIPRE AntiVirus allows me to protect all computers in the office against computer virus threats

Run other programs while running the VIPRE antivirus on the PC

Pros

that works without problems without compromising the performance of the system and has a powerful antivirus and antispyware engine that combines the detection of all types of malware in a single efficient system.

Cons

That if the computer does not have enough ram memory, the search engine slows down the computer to execute other programs

June 2016

Jeremiah from Ron Blank & Associates, Inc.

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

June 2016

I used this product for 2 years as our business anti-virus product.

Pros

Excellent console and dashboard, Good customer support, saves $$.

Cons

Protection is not as good as other products. It does not catch everything and does not prevent cryptowall.

January 2016

Tommy from COVEO Solutions

January 2016

One of my favorites, must be on your evaluation list

Pros

The antivirus is very complete, with all the features you need. The UI is clean, with a lot of customization and tuning to make it right for your needs. Great virus detection, not resource intensive, end-user will like it! (Except maybe the firewall).

Cons

Doesn't support the new Mac OSx (Based on the website). Not Cloud-Based management. You need the premium to have all features.

Mallory from Experient

VIPRE Review

Our company uses VIPRE and I feel it is secure. I do not receive obnoxious notifications from it, as some other protection software does. That's nice.