• Pros

• "This software is so easy to use. A very quick installation process, from a standard link. Has an excellent malware protection. Notification message at the time of blocking a site, is very useful."

• "It's easy to install and use. In my opinion it has worked better than any other protection that we have used in the past."

• "I like that this software was easy to install. It schedules your scans and runs in the background. You don't have any nagging popups telling you to run scans."

• Cons

• "Previously we used a used another product, and both the user interface and server control were adequate, but pale in comparison - should have moved to Webroot sooner!"

• "The administration console changed a little bit so there was learning curve and it has marked good programs as a virus before but it was easily remedied using the admin console. "

• "Price can get a little steep if you have a lot of machines in one location you are protecting. However it's honestly completely worth it. "

Browse Webroot Reviews

Steven from Global Payments Inc.

Best of the best, but you pay for it

I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Pros

Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

Cons

We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

Anthony from PioneerTech

Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection

Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Pros

Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

Cons

The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

Reasons for Choosing Webroot

CNET reviews and research

Brian from UPSCO, INC.

Industry: Utilities

Webroot

New stable overall endpoint security platform

Pros

As good as any of the products out there plain and simple

Cons

I can't say that I dislike anything about this software package

Reasons for Choosing Webroot

Was the best product for our needs

Response from Webroot Software

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for writing a review! I'm glad you're already getting so much value out of the product.

March 2016

Nathan

March 2016

Speed, but with sacrifices.

I've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems. Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm that the infected downloads and compromised .dll files were within the scope of protection. Needless to say, this did not inspire confidence. I wound up using a Kaspersky live stick to remove the infections, and installing a realtime threat detection system using Suricata and ClamAV to meet the data security needs of our clients and ensure we were meeting the obligations of our contracts.

Pros

Very easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.

Cons

In my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for a full weekend before I arrived back on Monday to complaints that her machine was being "slow and weird". I discovered that Webroot, though fully deployed and set to monitor downloads, warn on browsing, and scan the affected directories, simply had not alerted on anything. At that point, it doesn't matter how beautiful the interface may be: antimalware software which lets common malware through is essentially useless. Also, while there is an OS X client, it's buggy and slow. It causes problems with network browsing and network virtualization with both VirtualBox and VMware Fusion, and it results, for some reason, in systemwide UI slowdowns, which suggest to me that there may be some elemental problems with the codebase: use of deprecated APIs, memory leaks, etc.—not usable.

Response from Webroot®

Replied August 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan. All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance. Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 Regards, Josh P. Digital Care Coordinator

Richard from Traliant

The best security

My overall experience has been great. I like the product so much that it is my go to for new PCs that come in.

Pros

Wenbroot is by far the best virus protection software out there. Webroot scans PCs very fast. This is the fastest scanner I have ever used and by far the cheapest.

Cons

There isn't anything that I do not like about Webroot. It really is the best virus protection software.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for the glowing review! I appreciate you taking the time to do this :)

Evan from Marquette Transportation

Small, Easy to Deploy Cloud Endpoint Protection

we were able to stop a zero day trojan that came through almost immediately. That was impressive.

Pros

The web console is very easy to use, and allows you to control profiles and quarantine files or paths.

Cons

It has a few times marked good files as bad, and caused some software not to run or work correctly. These instances are few and far between

Response from Webroot Software

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that Webroot's cloud-based protection was able to catch that 0-day Trojan! This is a huge benefit of the tech we used compared to our competitors - your protection is ALWAYS up to date! -Webroot community team

Brian from Chaplain Training Academy

Best full-spectrum protection for the price!

Extremely fast, real-time updates and easy to use!

Pros

Provides user licenses for up to 3 or more systems. Cloud-based, instant updates, sync with smartphone app for Android or Apple.

Cons

Suggest a 30-day trial version of software for new users to compare with existing protection platform software.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the detailed review! Glad you're finding our cloud-based threat management system to be effective for your needs! -Webroot Community Team

Gary from Alexander County Government/EDC

Keeps computer secure

We've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.

Pros

We got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.

Cons

There's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.

Ronald from RK Knight Plumbing

Webroot

My overall experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection has been a very positive one

Pros

What I like most about Webroot is that I can rest assure knowing that my computers as well as my documents are safe.

Cons

What i like least about Webroot is that there really is nothing that I really don't like about this software

Response from Webroot Software

Replied March 2020

I'm glad that Webroot is helping you feel safe while you're online! We will continue giving you the service you've come to know and love. Thanks so much for the review, Ronald!

Cayce from Cayce Craven CPA

Versatile software

Pros

I feel this software protects me without being intrusive

Cons

Nothing, software is effective and runs in the background

Response from Webroot Software

Replied April 2020

I'm glad to hear you're having a good Webroot experience! Thanks so much for writing a review!

Best PC protection available

In spite of a few minor issues, I still think Webroot has the best protection out there. I would definitely recommend it to any small business owner.

Pros

The set-up for Webroot is extremely simple. You download the software, enter your product key and it does the rest. It has excellent explanations that tell you what each function does and how it works. For instance, it has a good explanation of how its firewall function manages connections to your machines that make sense to a non-technical person such as me. I love that it runs in the background without seeming to affect my computer and only gives pop-up messages when something needs attention. I love that the vendor offers discounts for multiple installations at a relatively small breakpoint. As a small business owner, it certainly makes the product more affordable.

Cons

The Webroot Filtering Extension is not always reliable. For example, it lists my company website as a potentially dangerous page when I know that there is nothing wrong with my page. It has also listed some of the websites of my clients as potentially dangerous pages. I have to admit that I don't know exactly how it decides which pages are malicious and which are not, but whatever method it uses seems a little off. There are also some challenges with the dashboard. I had a laptop crash and needed to re-install Windows. When I did, I wanted to release the license formerly assigned to the crashed laptop and re-assign it so that I would my number of licenses restriction. It was extremely difficult to do so. I ended up having to contact Support for help. And they were very helpful, but it just seems like something one ought to be able to do through the dashboard.

Solid Anti Virus

Pros

The installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.

Cons

If you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

Pros

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Cons

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

Sean from Grady Dental Care

I am always protected.

The fact that it is always on and active in the background is appealing. I don't like other products that constantly remind you they are there with pop-ups. I am not sure if it has stopped any viruses or trouble but there is a comfort knowing it's always there and working.

Pros

Webroot runs in the background and updates automatically. There are no pop-ups or messages like you have with other products so even though it is always on and working you don't realize its going.

Cons

This is the preferred antivirus and protection software by my IT team but it is expensive. Not prohibitively, but expensive enough where there is a license fee that has to be paid to keep the software active. I wish you could buy they software outright.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied November 2019

Hey there Sean, Thanks so much for writing this positive review! The best antivirus solution is one that sits in the background, doesn't bother you, and keeps you protected - glad you're having that experience so far. If you ever need anything, please reach out to us at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Lightweight antivirus solution should be part of your security stance

We needed a lighter-weight AV solution. The solution we switched from consumed a lot of RAM at times and we could not quite figure out why even with vendor support and KB articles. We coupled WebRoot with another AV and did so at reduced cost.

Pros

Low system resource utilization. Reliable client. Excellent Admin console. No management server to maintain.

Cons

It seems to duplicate registered machines randomly. We'd sort by machine name and find duplicates which count against your license quota. We'd have to disable the machine with the older file update version.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied November 2019

Hey there, Thanks so much for writing up this detailed review! We really appreciate you joining the Webroot team and I'm glad that you're having a good experience with it so far. Have you checked in with our support team regarding duplicated machines? I'm sure that we can help you find a fix for this. Please contact our support department at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Paul from Snap-on Inc

Industry: Machinery

Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down.

Less admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well. Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.

Pros

The footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.

Cons

It needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.

Altagracia from Secretaría de Educación Pública

It is a good alternative to keep our equipment and files safe from threats

In general terms I can assure that today I feel very safe with this antivirus installed on my computers. It is a great protector, very efficient that has saved me several times from malware and Trojans that have put my files at risk.

Pros

This program can be used in different platafmormas and its price is competitive with respect to other antivirus in the market. It is light and does not slow down my machine. You have the option to program scans and do it in the background. The program runs on different operating systems which is a very positive aspect. Its interface is simple

Cons

Sometimes it detects false positives when we try to download an application that is clean. That is usually uncomfortable because it takes time away. Even so, I think that the positive aspects of this program go far beyond the negative ones

Response from Webroot Software

Replied July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if you ever need help regarding a false positive, our support team is only a phone call away at 1-866-254-8400.

A Solid System that I Often Recommend

Pros

WebRoot is my go-to Anti-Virus and Digital Security System. I have worked in technology retail for many many years and I found that WebRoot was one of the more rigorous and aggressive systems for blocking unwanted programs and keeping my information safe; but also one that had the best User Interface and was able to be communicated clearly to the uninitiated. When having to choose between selling WebRoot and other software, I would always recommend WebRoot.

Cons

I have very little negative feedback for WebRoot. It has kept my systems safe for many years and I continue to renew my account each year. I'm sure there may be features I'm not using optimally and not informed about such decisions, but I have been pleased with the product WebRoot has put out.

Tyler from Associated Oregon Loggers

Industry: Architecture & Planning

hands down the best. Webroot is who you want watching your back.

If you want real protection software, that wont slow your computer down or kill your wallet. Webroot is it! Nothing is better.

Pros

Cost effective Support agents, actually know their product Low resource Effective security Ease of use

Cons

Central management console only allows for reboots of the agent. I would like more control, remediation, and notification. no reports i can find so far.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied February 2018

Thanks for the review, Tyler. Always know that we have your back! It's our privileged. I saw that you'd like more reporting functionality and control. The team and I have seen these requests come in recently from others as well. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas to our Feature Request section so that you can help us make Webroot even better! Business Feature Requests: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/ent4 All the best and thank you again! Webroot Community Support Team

nyeisa from monster

Why i choose Webroot over other antiviruses

Webroot is a all around simple antivirus that keeps all your devices safe from harmful files and viruses. You can cover up to 5 devices under one membership

Pros

Webroot is fairly priced in my opinion and not only that but you are allowed to have up to 5 devices per each membership. So you could cover your cell phone, labtop, desktop PC and whatever devices under the same membership. It runs smooth and it hardly ever slows up your PC or device while it is running, sometimes it will a little bit when you are scanning with it, but not slow enough to complain about unlike other antiviruses.

Cons

There are certain options it has that I have been trying to figure out and has been time consuming for example It took me forever to figure out and set up the password manager it offers, but it is something I really needed in my life. It has system optimize and system analyzer with it but it should have more options such as defrag or uninstall apps etc etc.

Threat Intelligence

It ensures that data from millions of sources, including real-world endpoints and our embedded security partners. Select data points are correlated across URLs, IP addresses, files, and mobile apps to enable predictive determinations on where threats may emerge, based on a guilt-by-association model.

Pros

Very rarely requires an increased hardware profile Integrates directly with the partner's management console, policy engine, and reporting infrastructure.Scales across the partner's product lines, from solutions for SMBs to those for remote offices or roaming machines, to the data center Development efforts that can be leveraged across the same range of product lines.

Cons

From the time it was installed to the time it was up and running we hadn't had any major issues that would cause any type of concern.

Jing from University

I think the Webroot is a good deal!

I personally like it. It makes me feel more comfortable and relax when I shop around online.

Pros

1. It's pretty affordable! I usually buy it from Amazon each year. Each package can serve 3 computers. 2. It's very easy to install or renew. It takes you only less than 5 minutes to get it done. 3. You can schedule your scanning time for each day. 4. It offers identity protection.

Cons

The Webroot cannot detect all viruses, so you can still run the risk of being infected sometime.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied December 2019

Hey there Jing, Thank you so much for the glowing review of Webroot! I'm glad to hear you've found it easy to protect multiple computers with our SecureAnywhere solution. Please note that if you ever have difficulties, you can contact our support team here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Cheers! -Webroot Community Team

Emily from Alexssa

Webroot Review

I use Webroot on a daily basis and have been extremely satisfied with how quickly threats are removed on endpoints.

Pros

Easy for users to scan their own PC. Sites that need attention stick out in the portal and are easy to access right away.

Cons

Webroot portal could be a little bit easier to navigate. We also have issues with Webroot installed on Macs and needing to uninstall and reinstall the software multiple times in order for it to properly report.

Maybe the best antivirus solution for a MSP

Webroot SecureAnywhere its fits so well we our business, allowing us to secure all our costumer’s network with a minimal footprint agent installed on every endpoint. Is an easy deployment solution and even easier to manage, because it’s a cloud-based solution that allow us to monitor every costumer easily in a few minutes. And because it’s a cloud based solutions, we don’t need additional software or hardware installed to start to secure the network. Another AV solutions offer different kind of licenses according to what kind of device you want to secure, but with webroot one license work with workstation and servers the same.

Pros

The small footprint of the agent, because it help with an easy and faster deployment

Cons

Dosn't support Linux distribution and that is something that make you thing if is the right solution when you have many linux endpoints

Sun from ADRF

Adds a layer of protection to corporate computers.

This will add a layer of protection to your computers at work, however it does not protect you against everything and common practices such as not opening suspicious attachments should still be maintained.

Pros

The software is not very intrusive and just runs in the background. The admin can easily manage all the instances of the software running on other computers.

Cons

There are some false positive detections at times and adding exclusions to the system is can be a tedious task at times. Pricing for licenses can add up over time, especially as a company grows.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for the review! If you're ever having difficulty with false-positives, please contact our support team so that they can modify the threat detection appropriately. You can reach them here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Webroot - Safe and Secure

It is doing a pretty decent job for me since installation and I hope you can also keep your files safely without annoying pop-ups. A simple interface and powerful feature. Highly recommended.

Pros

A simple interface with powerful features. Webroot did not consume too much of RAM and protect your files safe and secure. It does not take more time for scanning process & it was quick and efficient. And it not annoying for daily updates and it works smoothly in background. Price wise it worthy when compared to other antivirus softwares and moreover it does not slow down the PC.

Cons

Since my installation, it doing a great job for me and my files are safe with Webroot endpoint protection. Sometimes it mistakenly marking safe files as a threat and rather than this I don't have any bad impressions regarding this software.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied March 2020

Thanks so much for making this thorough and honest review! We really appreciate the feedback!

Andrew from Reliable Technology Solutions

Great fit for an MSP

Pros

I love that this is completely cloud-hosted and managed. We have used other centrally managed endpoint security solutions in the past that required us to host our own deployment/management infrastructure, and this is a far better experience. Nothing to support or troubleshoot, just setup and go. It ties into our RMM (remote monitoring and management) software solution perfectly, and allows us to control organization deployment and basic scans from there. If we need to customize any settings or allow whitelisting of applications or pathways, it is extremely easy to setup from the portal.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve as it pertains to setting up organization-specific policies. That said, it works quite well once you get used to it. We have not had any major breaches or malware attacks since switching to this product.

Rich from Tayco Communications

Excellent program at amazing price

The problem my customers want to resolve are false positives and a high impact on computer response. With Webroot, customers are no longer required to shut down their AV software to access internal website that do not have security certificates. Additionally, they arne't waiting 10 minutes for a computer to be ready at bootup while the software scans. This software scans in the background with no noticeable impact on performance.

Pros

I love the price of the software. It is easy for me to sell to my clients and easy to promise virtually no impact on their computers processing speed. For those system I have this installed, I have seen a dramatic reduction in malware.

Cons

It's hard to figure out what I like least about the software. I suppose it would be having to purchase password security.

Arthur from Covenant Technology Solutions

We have this on over 4000 endpoints and it is fantastic

Pros

Takes very little system resources. Since we started using it our Virus infections have dropped dramatically The management console is easy to use We have had very few comparability issues with other software packages

Cons

We have had a few bugs with updates. They were corrected quickly It can be a little confusing for end users to use

Response from Webroot Software

Replied March 2018

Thank you so much for the 5 star review, Arthur! I'm excited to hear that you're enjoying your Webroot experience! Our product team is always looking to rollout our products in the most effective and efficient way possible but sometimes, bugs happen. We are always looking to improve this process and will continue to do so moving forward. I'm happy to hear that we corrected the issue quickly for you. Thanks again for sharing. Drew Webroot Community Team

The last AV you will ever need

Webroot proofs to be a cost-effective alternative to the main contender software on the market.

Pros

We have Webroot rolled out at most of our clients. I have it installed on all the sites I support as well as my company laptop. The software is small to download and takes seconds to install. Scans are done very quickly while it also monitors and checks file's MD5 signatures on the fly. Webroot is the only AV that I know of which has a small enough memory footprint and low system impact, that it can run alongside another AV package. It has even picked up malware which passed "the main" installed AV in cases.

Cons

There is not much to add in this column. The software is well rounded.

Gyozo from NOLLEX International Ltd.

Ligthweigth and doing great job most of the time.

Unique technology for 0-day threats.

Pros

- Very easy to implement, it is quickly done (4-5 sec/enpoint) and can be installed besides any other endpoint protection. - Does not use offline database - no houly update dowloads needed at all. - More precise than others we used and used to sell before (eg. ESET, McAfee, Symantec, Kaspersky, Avira, Sophos). - Easy to use central management.

Cons

Gives you no information on found malware at all in the endpoind other than a file was found to be malicious (eg. malware type (eg. PUA, trojan, crypto...), MD5, etc.) - you get the deatils in the cetral manegement console only. Therefore, impossible to deal with in on the client side when need be.

John from Nerd On Site Inc.

One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with.

Efficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.

Pros

The product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.

Cons

They just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike

rahshee from Interpol

Webroot just as good as any other antivirus

This is a great antivirus you could use it on all your devices, I like using it better than Norton thats for sure. I would recommend it to everyone

Pros

I like using Webroot because it is fairly priced and once you buy it you could use the same license up to like 5 different devices if you want I have it installed on all my devices and my office PC. It does once in a while slow up your PC when it is scanning but I dont think it is as much as some other antiviruses out there. I can set it to do automatic scans at times when I am not using the PC so it does not interrupt what I am doing with scans.

Cons

It has a password manager option that would be cool if it was a little bit easier to understand and operate I dont know why I still have issues with it filling in my passwords and having to correct it sometimes. I also think it should have a monitoring system that automatically scans incoming emails and separates junk from real emails that would be cool

Beth from McHard Accounting Consulting LLC

Works in the background and doesn't screw up our system

Lack of malware.

Pros

Webroot runs on our business platform and works and plays well with others. In the past we've had anti-malware software that conflicted with other virus protections and brought things crashing to a halt. Webroot runs in the background and does it's thing without bothering anyone.

Cons

I understand it can't do anything once the computer has already been attacked and gained certain types of access. That said, we are using this as part of a suite of products to keep our data secure and safe. It's not as cheap as some others, but it is designed for the business environment.

Courtney from The Children's Place

Great Security

I love webroot. It gets the job done and isn't invasive like some softwares.

Pros

Webroot is great for protecting devices and programs. It can detect viruses even from trustworthy software. .

Cons

Like most antiviruses, it focuses more on attacking the virus once you get it than preventing it besides telling of potential risk.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied November 2019

Hey there Courtney, Thank you for writing up this review! Here at Webroot, we try our best to maintain an antivirus that is non-intrusive and completely protective - Glad you're having that experience! If you ever need anything, please reach out at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Easy to use software that does not slow down your PC

Overall it is easy to use, scan quickly and protects my PC

Pros

It is very easy to install and use. Running a full system scan is also very fast. I like that it does not slow down my PC and the protection seems pretty good. It also has a good price as compared to some of the other protection software products.

Cons

I have had the software for some time and in a few of the earlier versions it did not protect as well against malware so I did have a bit of trouble. But in recent years it has been improved. Currently I use it with Malwarebytes and have had good luck with the two.

Adam from Self Employed Independent Consultant

Simple and effective monitoring tool

Pros

I like that the deployment of the software is smooth and innocuous. It's easy to install and setup on a network.

Cons

If you run apps that are custom built this app can either block those from working all together or bring your system to a grinding halt. Having to go through the process to white list an app can be daunting. It's possible and support responds, but it's usually to request log files and then they request a reinstall. This is followed by alot of back and forth until it's escalated and they find the root cause of the issue.

Trina from Aramark

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

It works very well, never stops protecting your device and is easy to install if you follow the directions specifically.

Pros

I buy this product every year for my computers. It works well with all of our computers and you have the option to use it on cell phones and tablets as well. You have a lot of options with this software, the standard ones of setting times and dates to run scans for viruses and you can localize files to scan a specific area if needed.

Cons

The re-subscription price is double the initial price

Alan from Computerware

Excellent security that keeps all our clients secure

Pros

After configuring it doesn't need babysitting unlike many other malware protection products. As it's management is profile based, any exceptions needed can be applied to multiple organizations easily. It's initial watch only mode is great before rolling out to an enterprise - avoids most surprises.

Cons

Reporting from the management console is weak not allowing much customization. It's easy to get old installations still registered, which is a minor additional expense expense until you clear them up.

Racey from Principle Solutions Group

Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection

Pros

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

Devon from Dept children & families

Industry: Government Relations

Webroot Works!!

I received this product as a trial when I purchased my computer. At first I was only planning to use the trial and then try another software that I was familiar with. However during that trial I had no issues with viruses or my computer slowing down. I had a great experience with this software. It is affordable and reliable.

Pros

Did exactly what it was made to do. I had no issues with my computer. Made me stay past the trial phrase.

Cons

While using this software I honestly didn’t have anything I didn’t like about it.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad that you were convinced to switchover to Webroot during the trial period. If you ever have difficulties, please reach out to our support department: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Daniel from City of North Battleford

Webroot has a fresh new way of looking at anti virus.

This product is every easy to deploy, administer and maintain.

Pros

Webroot is a very effective and fast reacting anti virus program that is light on resources and a breeze to install, configure and maintain.

Response from Webroot Software

Replied March 2018

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to setup, deploy, and install. Glad that you feel the same way we do! Thanks again for the review and if there's something that you think we can do to improve, please let us know.

Chris from Parkway Technology Solutions

The best malware protection that doesn't annoy you to death

Pros

I absolutely love Webroot. It doesn't slow down any of our computers, it does protect you, but it doesn't annoy you to death with prompts. One of the big issues I've had with antivirus software in the past is that it would constantly block something that was safe for me to do. I have NEVER had Webroot do that.

Cons

I mean, could they branch out and start making other software products outside of security? Their software has worked so well, I don't have any complaints.

Lightweight, feature packed endpoint protection

We moved from a different vendor to Webroot SecureAnywhere. The other solution was much more CPU intensive (in a virtualized enviroment this was noticable). Even with little tweaking, the performance of Webroot was at least similar, while the footprint is much smaller.

Pros

The software is easy to configure using a web interface. The software on the client takes up little resources. Compared to other vendors that need multiple servers to manage endpoints and do scanning offloading, this is much easier to operate - and the price is very friendly.

Cons

We had some issues with add-ons that got installed in browsers, which we do not want. We have other security solutions in place to scan internet traffic. We are working with Support to get these uninstalled, but it takes more time than we expected.

Howard from University of Puerto Rico

Industry: Research

Antivirus security at an affordable price!

Scored from perfect to very good in our tests. Can recover files encrypted by ransomware. Uses tiny amount of disk space. Very fast scan. Handles unknown malware. Includes firewall.

Pros

One of the best antivirus that i have tried. It has a affordable price and cover multiple platforms, the price depends on the quantity of devices you want to protect. It protect yourself from identity theft and no time-consuming updates or slow scans.

Cons

Product does not provide for a bootable rescue CD. Sometimes you got errors of compatibility when you start the machines (Mac) but after open the software and check it will disappear.

Andrea from Augusta University

Good Virus Protection Software

Pros

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about this software is that sometimes when it blocks something that is trying to download on your computer, it asks you if you want to allow it or block it. I click block it and the window will still pop up a couple of times.

Leonard from Self Employed

WEBROOTs Application as designed

Let me give you analogy, and hope you understand its parallel . In my house the home builder provided, where I can't find my bathroom. So I told to go to my "homeowner user forum" to ask how I find where my bathroom is. They then tell me, to go to my garage to get my ladder and place it against my house. Where next, I'm to climb the ladder to go onto my house roof-shingles and at the very top is the bathroom. Yes, I see it't there. However as I'm an expert in house design, I argue that the bathroom should have been near my bathroom, and not on the roof. This is the same analogy, when I'm using a computer application, because I know better! Now do you get it?

Pros

Don't call it as "software". It's an "Application." What I like about WebRoot, it seems to do what it says. However ...

Cons

To know what really takes place it's very confusing. And they admit to it, by having their user forums for other users to get answer from. I'm an expert in computer application design as I'm registered as a "Certified Computer Professional." Google what this means.

Alex from SJU Technology Group

Excellent virus protection on desktops, servers and laptops and fast and immediate alerts.

Excellent virus protection on all computers and servers and immediate help from knowledgeable support

Pros

How quickly it detects and quarantines a potential threat, and how easy it is to deploy to endpoints and manage from the web console.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little too good on detecting potential threats and falsely detects some thing which can temporarily mess up programs, but it's better to be over protective, than under protective.

Andrea from Insight Optometry

Computer better protected for reasonable price

My computer is safe from hackers and viruses. I haven't had any issues since installing in on 10+ computers.

Pros

This program uses program uses different method/logic than other anti-virus software and so seems to catch more potential problems. It also is the FIRST I've ever had which doesn't seem to cripple the speed of my system - I notice no slowdown at all.

Cons

I'm not sure which setting does this and so I can't seem to undo it (other may like this): the recent files list for Office programs disappears every day, so it's harder to find files I've just worked on.

Solid anti-virus platform

We use webroot as an MSP.

Pros

This is an updated review. Previous i was very happy with Webroot, as it had very good detection rate, was very fast, reliable and easy to use.

Cons

What has changed: 1. no 2FA. 2. they removed the command line function which was very useful, and i can see why they did it, but never the less, it is gone. 3. Other functionality is also suffering.