• icon"It is an all in one solution to managing both emails and websites as well as the technical aspects through a wonderful interface."
  • icon"Ease of use, low cost, automation, and easy on the eyes."
  • icon"I think the API is by far the best of this software, it allows a great deal of automation."
  • icon"If I had problem, I don't used Cpanel. I am only email administrator and I have not problem."
  • icon"The price shot through the roof with the pricing change which will have hurt a lot of small hosting businsses as well as large enterprises."
  • icon"They introduced per user license price quota, instead of per-server license pricing, one and half year ago. This made it very difficult for large organizations with many users to afford it."

All cPanel & WHM Reviews

Josh

April 2022

Great product but bummed by the price hike.

Steven

September 2022

My goto platform for web hosting

I have built a web hosting business upon cPanel & WHM. WHM & cPanel make my business operations simple, efficient, and scalable.

Pros

I've used cPanel for most of my web industry career. It's grown more friendly over time and is central to my small business's operations. It is powerful, complete, well-known, and well-supported. I can deploy opensource web apps with ease through Softaculous.

Cons

The built-in analytics. I never use them, preferring Google Analytics. They take up disk space through log files, and don't appear to be an optional feature you can turn off.

Reasons for switching to cPanel & WHM

cPanel/WHM run on Linux, which offers better web hosting features and experience than Plesk on Windows.

Nabin

WHM cPanel is the best web hosting management system

WHM cPanel is very secure, robust, and easy to use.

Pros

WHM cPanel has the most advanced features among all the webserver management system. The user interface is easy to use and requires no programming skills to manage the WHM system. With WHM cPanel I can easily set up domains, install websites, create backups, and migrate websites across the servers on a fly.

Cons

WHM cPanel is a powerful web hosting management system. But it is quite resourceful, if there had been light version of cPanel, it would been even more better.

Reasons for choosing cPanel & WHM

WHM cPanel is easy to use and has a great support team than its other alternatives like Direct Admin, Hepsia Panel, Virtualmin, Ajenti, and Plesk.

Reasons for switching to cPanel & WHM

WHM cPanel provided a complete set of features and easy to use interface.

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Everything for accommodation at your fingertips

It is very easy to use, it is not required to be an advanced user in web management. Its interface has all its identified applications and many have help menu. The database is administered through the web interface, which means that advanced knowledge in the management of mysql is not required, one of the interesting functions is the mail, you can create email accounts with the domain of hosting, this It means that you can customize mail accounts according to the company or product. File management can be managed through ftp which makes the transfer faster. The platform has a lot of options that can be applied at the same time, I recommend it for small or medium companies that do not have a large IT department

Pros

Easy-to-use platform, which hosts several applications that do the work for the time to maintain and manage the hosting of your website, email accounts, database, php among others. It is an all in one for web hosting

Cons

One of the capabilities is more vulnerable to direct attacks, the location of all applications is on a single server, so it is easy to attack. This security breach makes it vulnerable to other options, more difficult to use but more secure

Evelyn

August 2022

The Best Data Panel

I've had the best experience managing cPanel even from higher roles since I used to provide the cPanel capabilities to web hosting customers. For me, it is the best dashboard out there, and it is highly advised for any one looking to manage a server.

Pros

The Cpanel is fairly easy to use. The user interface is super friendly. The learning curve works better in an intuitive enviroment as the shown in Cpanel. Managing and installing frameworks such as WordPress runs with ease. Creating email addresses and managing them is super smooth and easygoing.

Cons

No cons so far in comparison with similar alternatives that might be a little more powerful, but requires much more time to get used to and managing.

Reasons for choosing cPanel & WHM

The experience in the user interface was better over all those alternatives when managing hosting services.

Aris

WHM for Best Server Management Experience

Hosting websites for customers and managing our VPS and Dedicated servers. We have secure and updated servers. Without cPanel & WHM we would have to manage most features with a Terminal.

Pros

EasyApache is the best software for me, because I can easily provision different extensions for different PHP versions and then select multiple versions of PHP for each domain. Then I like the fact that we can create feature lists and select which features a customer will have available for his cPanel. Each customer should have only the necessary features and access to different tools. Suspending accounts is really useful when customers don't pay their invoices for a long time and after many warnings. The best of all is the Security Center where I can configure everything, set security policies, Brute force protection and other restrictions. Basically I like that cPanel is always recommending the best and safest option for each feature there is available across cPanel & WHM.

Cons

We would prefer the old pricing which wasn't user based, but it's still affordable and very stable as a server software.

Tim

April 2022

Server management software that has come through time and again consistently

Webserver management and webaite hosting is a breeze with cpanel, you set it and forget it. It also works with s ton of applications we use that are a pain to host if we go another route. The user facing workflow also never changes from the whm allocation all the way to setting up user accounts. including email

Pros

Cpanel does the job it is meant to do. It intergrates with alot of applications we use mostly due to its longevity in the market and has simplified matters to enable even our beginner uses to get started with it relatively fast. Whm allows quick deployment of cpanel and they intergrate beautifully

Cons

The recent pricing changes brought in alot of complications in determining the cost.

Reasons for switching to cPanel & WHM

At the time the features were simoly not worth the price

Brian

May 2022

cPanel & WHM get the job done

Overall, I've used cPanel & WHM for over a decade and it's been a rock solid management tool. Even with the price increase, I'll continue using the cPanel / WHM combo because "it just works"

Pros

Both cPanel and WHM are both widely used in the industry and easy to learn. Client to client, server to server, you know what you're going to get and how to use it.

Cons

The recent price increase has led to folks moving away from cPanel which has led to more competition in the marketplace. The unfortunate side effect of this is you will need to start learning how to use the competing software or building their own leading to a fracturing of the user base.

Reasons for choosing cPanel & WHM

At the time, I just didn't like the look and feel of Plesk compared to CPanel.

cPanel & WHM Review

cPanel & WHM is a very good piece web based software for managing your server hosting. It provides you with a reliable and efficient interface, with all of the tools you need to manage website hosting.

Pros

cPanel & WHM can be accessed via your web browser to manage website hosting, databases, emails, server side scripts, ftp access, SSL installation, domain configuration and more. You can administer different levels of access for other users as well as reseller accounts. There is a mobile app available for administrators that are unable to access a desktop/laptop to manage hosting changes.

Cons

The software is effective, but does have a few limitations. As of now it is only deployed on Linux servers. You might find the appeal of the user interface to be more of a personal preference. I prefer the cleaner interface of Plesk. The listed menu style of Plesk control panel is a little more consistent and the appearance feels more modern.

Reasons for choosing cPanel & WHM

Using cPanel & WHM for different server hosts is the reason for using this software. Depending on the hosting, I have found myself alternating between cPanel and the Plesk control panel.

Virgilio

A must have for most commercial Webhosting companies

Pros

What I like the most about cPanel (& WHM) is it's prevalence. Most webhosting clients are already familiar with it, and there's plenty of documentation available, so it makes for a smooth experience for clients and admins alike.

Cons

The recent change in their pricing tiers.

Shankha

July 2022

The best web hosting control panel software

Pros

The ease of use. Its very easy to organise everything from databases, email, file manager, 2 factor authentication. All good.

Cons

Restoring a cPanel backup is hectic. Most if the time it fails. I think they should improve the cPanel backup restore UI.

Reasons for switching to cPanel & WHM

The Plesk admin panel was not secure even if the SSL is installed, don't know how is it now. So I moved to cPanel

Jose J

Industry: Market Research

November 2022

Legendary Web Hosting Solution for Businesses

I use cPanel with my business clients that has been using it since years ago.

Pros

I like that cPanel keeps their platform updated with the latest security trends. I think cPanel team does a great job keeping track of these security treats.

Cons

The user interface hasn't been updated in years. I think it can improve a lot.

Bed

April 2022

Hosting, Database and Email Management in Single Spot.

I am using Cpanel to manage my company website and company business email. I found Cpanel is easy to deploy and reach in features like email management, autoresponder, file management, SSH terminal, securities, and more.

Pros

Easiest to use and don't need deep knowledge of deployment while building and setting up a website on Cpanel. Cpanel enables me to manage all of my business emails in one place with an autoresponder.

Cons

I feel difficult to use Cpanel on my mobile. Sometimes I need to operate Cpanel while I am far from the city at that time I face some difficulties using it. All other features are excellent.

Abhik

Industry: Computer Networking

cPanel is the most full featured web hosting control panel in the industry

My overall experience with cPanel is very good. Except for the high price, I like it a lot.

Pros

cPanel has all the features necessary to manage a web server for web hosting. Further, it allows fine-grained permission control for the users. The end-user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. File manager, autossl etc make things easy. Many free and paid plugins are available for automated script installation like WordPress, Drupal and so on.

Cons

cPanel is very expensive and the price is increasing day by day. They introduced per user license price quota, instead of per-server license pricing, one and half year ago. This made it very difficult for large organizations with many users to afford it.

Jordan

Industry: Photography

November 2022

Does the job and is expectedly functional

I will continue to use and depend on cPanel as my server management provider. They always seem to be very reliable and have great customer service if I ever need to talk to someone.

Pros

Easy to see and navigate where all my tools are.

Cons

Some features require a previous knowledge so there aren't a whole lot of step by step instructions.

Popa

March 2022

I couldn't find a better hosting account management script than Cpanel

Pros

I couldn't find a better hosting account management script than Cpanel. It seems to me the most complete and easiest to use.

Cons

Access to it is starting to get a bit expensive.

Stasha