All Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk Reviews

Ever looking for an IT Asset Management App to use ..... Spiceworks has it all

Jesica

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Spiceworks will answer all your questions

Spiceworks suggests free solutions so, it would be stupidмн not to recommend you this amazing software. It is an easy platform and, believe me, you won’t have any problem to use it. I should also mention that it well suits to small companies but larger companies should probably search for another solution.

PROS

There is one feature of Spiceworks which I appreciate the most. It gives you the opportunity to check your network and find out what devices are connected to it. This means that it provides a lot of information about those devices such as their IP addresses. Another advantage of this platform is that it is completely free. If we compare the quality of work of Spiceworks with other platforms, it will become obvious that this help desk can do freely more than other expensive platforms. I think it is hard to find a person who knows everything about his profession or field of work. From time to time everyone needs to look for some help or extra information. In these cases you should at least know where you can find the required information. People engaged with information technologies already know that Spiceworks is their best solution. You can find the answers to your questions in the forums or you can type your question and get feedback.

CONS

The first issue I should mention is the app itself. As for the mobile app, it is heavily text-based, it would be nice to see more graphics there. In addition, I would like to see one app which shows the community and the form together. Unfortunately, there is a lot of commercial which can be annoying but on the other hand, it is understandable: the platform is free and it depends on ads to get some income. I wish it could be easier to work with tickets and especially the deleting function.

john

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

SpiceWorks Cloud IT helpdesk for free!

Spiceworks IT Helpdesk Cloud version does everything I want from a cloud based Ticketing system so even though its lacking some features which I hope will get added soon as ive mentioned earlier it does do everything you would expect from a basic IT Support helpdesk ticketing system. So if your looking for a free IT helpdesk solution I would really try out Spiceworks offering and also take a look at there cloud hosted version which I use myself.

PROS

Spiceworks ive used the community for years now so when I found there IT Helpdesk I started to use it but I then stopped for a while until there cloud IT Helpdesk came out which for me works best as I dont need to worry about hosting anywhere. So now I have a great IT helpdesk for my clients to log tickets with all for free!

CONS

The only Con to Spiceworks IT Helpdesk was that I was initially released as a windows installer which didnt really work for my business as I dont have my own servers, it wasnt until the Cloud IT helpdesk version came out that I then started to use Spiceworks IT helpdesk again as my client IT helpdesk solution. Its also lacking some features you would see in premium solutions but it does the basics and works for my IT Consultancy business.

Reason for choosing Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

I originally tried the installable Spiceworks IT Helpdesk so I knew what it was capable of but I moved away from it to Freshdesk as it was cloud based. So as soon as the Spiceworks IT Helpdesk cloud version came out I moved straight back to Spiceworks as it works well with Spiceworks other tools and has lots of plugins available which does expand what the helpdesk can do.

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

I switched back to Spiceworks IT Helpdesk when the cloud version came out which meant I was able to switch back to Spiceworks offering as I also use several of Spiceworks other tools which are accessible via the helpdesk system which was a big plus for me.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Spiceworks is good for small companies

It was great at the beggining but whe the company grew and the tool was not able to grow with us.

PROS

It's free and very useful for small companies, they don't have to spend any money to have a ticketing tool.

CONS

It doesn't have a knowledge base. The asset management was fine at the begginig but with more than 200 assets it became useless. Always was down because of the database management.

Because of the price.

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Because it was very difficult to configure and to manage.

Noor Shehra

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Spicework Review

It is one of the best software for the inventory management and the software can be accessed anywhere in the same network through the specified URL which will keep a whole record of the networking devices.

PROS

Inventory management is one of the best, with few tweaks on the user end, it is easy to scan all the computers and printers in the network from serial number to installed software in each computer that will come handy in the audit.

CONS

Few basics were missing like currency value of different countries will making a purchase invoice for the new bought devices.

Reason for choosing Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Spicework is basically free if you host the application in your server comparing to the other inventory softwares

Ian

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Spicy goodness

Spiceworks was great when i worked at a small non profit for my needs

PROS

The inventory and ticketing are very useful in smaller businesses however when i have to research an issue i normally end the search term in google with "Spiceworks" as i know i will be returned with a wealth of expert knowledge

CONS

I find the bandwidth usage quite high, other than that it is value for money which was zero for just the helpdesk. There are other applications i have not used

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Just overall better product for what was needed

Reviewed November 2022

Great community, basic features and many integrations

Spiceworks was great to begin with but as the company grew, the features and requirements we needed also grew so we needed to move away. For a small company, this would be a great starting point.

PROS

The helpdesk is the main feature of Spiceworks and works well, the community as well are very knowledgeable and welcoming which is great when you have any issues or queries, you don't need to directly contact Spiceworks Support but rather you can discuss it with the general community. The software being free is also a big positive because unless you're a big company, it's another expense which you can avoid and still get a great service desk.

CONS

The UI was the most disliked feature of this software, it felt very outdated and the theme customisation was very minimal as well.

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Spiceworks lacked the requirements and features which our company required as we expanded.

Jeffrey

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Spiceworks helps multiple departments with more efficient reaction time and decisions.

It's easy to use once setup by most anyone. It does not have all the extra features that are typically not needed by 90% of the companies so it makes admin easier.

PROS

Its a feature rich and functional product for an amazing price. They keep adding more too.

CONS

Setup can be a bit of a bear depending on how much you want to customize it.

Reason for choosing Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Having experience with Freshdesk which is a good product, the price sold it on us for the

Reviewed March 2020

Amazing for the Price (FREE)

I don't know why I didnt try this soon, i think you presume if something doesnt have a high price tag then it wont be any good, but i was very wrong.

PROS

I love the ease of the ticketing system and the professionalism of the emails that come out from it. I have used some other IT help desk platforms but this one works really well.

CONS

The app isnt particularly slick but it works. I think in they could spend a bit more time on the app it would increase their portfolio tenfold. For the price it is a gem and you cannot go wrong.

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Zoho was not doing a good enough job and didnt offer any visual tracking

Mitchell

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool

Overall Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool to get your company Help Desk up and running with little effort. Highly recommend it.

PROS

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool. It is free, easy to setup, easy to configure, easy to use, It creates a ticket number if setup to do so with an auto reply. Inviting team members is simple and all the history is logged. Very Nice!!!

CONS

Spiceworks Help Desk is a great tool. However the Knowledge Base usually comes up with zero search results.

Guilherme

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Best Service Desk tool for the price

Great tool so far to monitor and respond to our IT incidents

PROS

Great tool and easy to use ticketing system, easy ticket creation, assignments and monitoring. It allows you to create custom reports which can be used for analysis and tracking as well.

CONS

No complains so far about the tool, I would like to get more time to explore and implement more features in our company.

Bob

Telecommunications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Spiceworks - You Get What You Pay For

We were not happy with the outcome as it was more limited in it's reporting capabilities and it's ability to properly track metrics. We made it work but eventually had to replace it in our organization due to the limitations previously mentioned.

PROS

It was a low cost option that provided most of the features and functionality we were looking for in a Help Desk system.

CONS

The reporting features were minimal and the ability to create usable ticket flows was limited.

Reason for choosing Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Cost and ease of implementation (or so we thought).

Reviewed October 2019

SpiceWorks does the job, for free-ninety-nine.

Prior to SpiceWorks we relied on emails from users with issues, and each IT person might manage those emails in their own way - flagging for followup, marking as unread, subfolders of their inbox, reminders, etc. Issues often were forgotten before being resolved as they moved further down in the IT inbox. We would often work on issues that another IT person already knew the answer to, thus wasting time. Spiceworks has made it so much easier to keep track of issues and their resolutions. IT supervisors can see at a glance if any of their people are struggling, and how quickly issues are resolved. Each ticket is categorized (Phone System, PC Hardware, Network, etc.) so its easy to see if things are getting better or worse. You can reply to a ticket with a suggested solution, categorize it, and close it, all using the "Tickets Anywhere" keywords.

PROS

It allows us to prioritize tickets, identify recurring problems, and prevent requests from "falling through the cracks". It provides our employees a single email address for getting help without them having to know who in IT does what. It is fairly configurable to meet different needs - we use it for warehouse and logistics issues as well as IT Help Desk. Tickets can be assigned, categorized, closed, etc. using "Tickets Anywhere" keywords when replying to the email so you don't even have to open the site to work tickets.

CONS

Emails sent to Spiceworks are converted to plain text with attachments, so tables and in-line images are lost. Due to this we sometimes have to ask the user to forward the email directly to us in order to see the original. There is a delay of between 1 and 5 minutes after an email is sent to Spiceworks before the Spiceworks email is received by team members, so we occasionally have more than one person starting to work on a ticket at the same time - especially if the ticket can be resolved simply by replying to the email.

Jeff

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Bang for your Buck, especially when it is free!

I have used Spiceworks in 2 different IT Shops now and will continue to use them. I have attended SpiceWorld twice and will be attending it again this year. They bring the best IT companies together.

PROS

It's Free. It has a great mobile app that allows my techs to have access to the portal from anywhere. It is simple to use. It is cloud based. It comes with a free remote control tool (ZoHo) as well.

CONS

Advertisements. You have to expect that with anything that is free. We may upgrade to the paid version this year. Limited options in regards to the User Portal.

Demitri

Computer Software

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2015

Essential to my daily function

PROS

This is a free product, which in itself is impressive when you consider what you are being offered. In addition to a customizable ticketing system, you are given an inventory system, and a newly added network monitoring function which so far has been nothing short of impressive (Until now I have been using PRTG Monitor, which in itself is a wonderful tool, but not free.) The initial setup is very easy, and and Spiceworks as a service has very low hardware requirements, meaning you can run it on an older laptop fairly well. The reporting function is a massive lifesaver, as it can help you generate a flexible list of everything from tickets (very flexible in what you want displayed, and how you want it sorted,) to your IT inventory (sorted by office location, purchase date, etc.) The ability to send these reports to our company's upper management to show hours spent on particular projects per month, or what assets need to be replaced due to original purchase date, is a very big plus. The community portal itself is full of helpful people who are always willing to share their knowledge. On multiple occasions where I had to find a solution to a technical problem, I found people who were quickly able to pull more details from each instance, and provide a brief list of solutions in a fairly short amount of time. When you are backed against a wall, this can be a massive lifesaver.

CONS

Plugin compatibility. Some older plugins may no longer work well with newer version of the software, as well as some of the newest plugins requiring the latest update, but these are just minor nitpicks.

Omar

Plastics, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Excellent Help Desk, Easy To Implement

We needed a help desk that was not only to record computer problems, but we also wanted to help us have greater visibility of the IT environment, computers that fail more, more common failures in the equipment and take advantage of that information to improve. Is very easy to implement, has integration with active directory and the visibility it gives you of the IT environment. The web site has a very complete guide for its installation and deployment. The tool goes beyond a simple help desk as you can have there Your inventory of equipment (hardware and software) and for example uninstall applications from the help desk.

PROS

It is a very complete help desk allows you to have a great visibility of what is happening with the statistics of category breakdown, work by engineer, attention time, etc.. In addition you can create an internal knowledge base, allows you to have your inventory of equipment, reports, purchase records associated with a ticket, etc.. It is very easy to use for the end user because he only has to send a mail to a specific email address and his ticket is registered in the system. It is very stable and reliable.

CONS

It takes time to adjust it to your needs, but it has a great forum where everyone helps you.

Guillermo

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

So far one of the best helpdesk system I tried

So far, it very helpful, I easy can track problems and present reports base on the number of tickets. Very helpful

PROS

It is not that complicated to track your time and the money you could earn, I can add categories and users with a click, alerts and more

CONS

The mobile app needs some improvements, also no iPad size yet, currently I am using a Samsung tab S8 ultra, the ads are taking mostly of the screen.

Cost and Maintenance

Reasons for switching to Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

The system was really old and we need something that I can check everywhere.

Valerio

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Everything you need to just open and close tickets

Our company provides IT support to several customers. Specifically we have installed Spicework to handle the tickets of one of our customers. The organization of our client has approximately 50 users. Spicework has worked without any problems so far. We went from receiving requests via phone or email to having a system to organize the tickets, status and expiration dates.

PROS

This is a simple software that will allow you to manage the opening and closing of tickets for your organization. You can keep track of open tickets, assign them and make comments. All changes in a ticket automatically generate an email to those involved in them. It also detects on the network new computers, software changes, even can send alerts when there is little tonner in some printer or when there is little disk space on some computer in the network. This can be of great help to an organization's IT teams

CONS

It can be difficult to install and configure and help is not always immediate. Apart from this it can be a simple tool for the end user.

Troy