• Pros

• "I love that everything is all in one place. It is very easy to navigate, very easy to add and edit programs, and easy to communicate. "

• "This program is easy to use. This program is also pretty simple and self explanatory. The features and functions are easy to find. "

• "The ease of use, very user friendly and easy to help our customers through the site when I'm dealing with them over the telephone."

• Cons

• "I wished league manager came with a scheduler. I know several work with community Pass, but it would be nice if one was offered as part of the module. "

• "The Help & Support section does not seem to pull up the most relevant information. Often times our result either doesn't show up or is much further along in the search than less relevant answers."

• "It doesn't always let you cut and paste. Some of the character limits are not long enough. It is very difficult to preview your work. "

Browse CommunityPass Reviews

New CP Users

Online registration

Pros

I like that we can register individuals for programs as well as them going into their own account to register themselves. I like the face of the homepage and the ease of navigating through the site.

Cons

It's a lengthy learning process - as I think I have something understood there is then something else that I didn't do correctly or seem to need to find a new way of doing it. Some things are difficult to find, but the Help section gives detailed directions.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are enjoying CommunityPass' modern interface and streamlined navigation. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team. In addition to the online help and training resources, we also offer free monthly webinar training. We are confident you will master the software in no time!

Shelley from Amarillo Parks and Recreation

Community Pass has been great. It has been very user friendly for both the staff and our customers.

Customers have been able to register online much easier than the previous system. Previously, our office staff were having to register everyone while on the phone with them. With the new system they aren't having to do that which has allowed them to do the other tasks they need to get done each day.

Pros

Community Pass has been great for us, and has been very easy both to implement at start up, and to use on a regular basis. Our previous system was difficult for our customers to use so about 70% of our registrations were done over the phone with our staff having to do the registration. We just opened our summer registrations, and we had very few phone registrations. The customers were able to go in to register for their program easily. If I had an issue, the staff responded quickly to my call or email. The staff were able to implement this system very quickly for us so we could be ready for opening a new facility. We began implementation in early December and were fully implemented with memberships, printing membership cards, and registering for activities by our Grand Opening January 20. We are very happy with Community Pass.

Cons

It is not really a con, but the most difficult part for us has been trying to figure out how to enter the activities so people are able to register how we need them to register. That is always going to be the most difficult part when changing from one system to another though.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback Shelley. We are happy to hear that your transition to CommunityPass has been a smooth and speedy one, and that your customers find registering via CommunityPass easier. If you have any questions about how to enter an activity, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team. We also offer free monthly webinar training that our new customers find especially helpful.

Maura from Tewksbury Public Schools

Community Pass was a lifesaver

We went from 2 people doing my job down to just me and we desperately needed a system that would help streamline the job. Community Pass was the answer. Allowing parents to register themselves, view their accounts when they need to see what they owe, and the convenience of online payments was the key to making my job easier. The Tewksbury Public Schools originally signed on to Community Pass to use for our Adult Ed and Before and After School Program. We have expanded it to the high school for club fees, athletic fees, and parking permits. They also use it to collect all the required paperwork parents fill out each school year. We sell tickets to events, order yearbooks, and much more. I think we use the system for more than Community Pass even intended it to be used for. The convenience of copying a current season for the next one is huge. You do not have to start from scratch everytime you start a new session, like our Adult Ed classes. Parents love that they can access their account at any time, from anywhere (thanks to the cloud) and see what they are registered for and have paid. We also use Digital Attendance on our ipads for check in and check out at the Before and After School Program. Parent like that is secure because the person checking their child out has to know their family ID. It tracks our attendance and saves on paper. I also love that I can work from home because the system is web based. Overall I have had very few complaints and customer services is beyond what I could expect. They always call me back, take care of my issues in a timely manner, and are very polite. I would like to see them do more with the financial piece, when you enter expenses and there is more than one for a particular expense code and item, you have to add the total up yourself. But that is doable. I can't say enough about Community Pass. I highly recommend it and would be happy to discuss it's uses with anyone interested in hearing more about it.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

Thank you Maura for taking the time to share your review of CommunityPass. We are so happy to hear all the different ways CommunityPass has helped you and the Tewksbury Public School community. Glad to hear that CommunityPass Digital Attendance is well-received at your before and after care programs. We find enabling parents and authorized individuals to electronically sign in/out children really does provide peace of mind.

Megan from Milton Avenue School

It has helped in many ways but it needs to be a little more user friendly as to the capablities

Pros

Customer service is the best. Allows easy enrollment into our after school program. I also like the messaging but text can improve/

Cons

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your review Megan! I will pass along your kind feedback to our customer service team. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to them! In the meantime, here's a tip: try pasting your content into Notepad first to clear all the formats and then copy and paste into CommunityPass.

Jill from Mt Olive Recreation

From Good to Great!

We've used Community Pass from it's start. it has evolved over the years to be very complete. The staff are very responsive, and the training videos are clear, and the quick webinars on topic specific functions are timely. CapturePoint has continued to add features and additional modules to meet the needs of most Recreation Departments. Whenever we come up with a new challenge, they are willing to tackle it. We've recommended this service to many organizations. We just need to be able to send out e-newsletters embedded in the email. I'm looking forward to mobile app!

Pros

Inexpensive, but has a lot of functionality. Many reports are pre-set, and we can make our own report templates. Consumer friendly.

Cons

We can't embed a pdf file in the body of an email to be sent out to all our address book - for a beautiful eye catching e-newsletter that markets our programs and events. We have to use another provider, and continually update the email address book from Community Pass.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the feedback Jill! It's wonderful to hear what a great experience Mt. Olive Recreation is having with CommunityPass.

Betty from Piscataway Board of Education

My experience with Communitypass has been excellent.

The ease of use for our office staff as well as our customers. Over the years as the software has improved those changes have made it easier on a daily basis as well as monthly and year end reports that I need to provide the district.

Pros

Cons

Currently the changes but, that will just take some getting use to during these changing times. I'm hopeful that once the changes are made over the entire site I will feel more comfortable.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

So glad to hear you are having an excellent experience with CommunityPass! We have been systematically applying a new design to our Administrative Site to allow our customers to become comfortable with the colors and styles slowly before the whole site is transformed. We are in the home stretch of this project and are confident you will be happy with the result.

Liz from Wall Township Recreation Department

Industry: Government Relations

Community Pass staff have always been easy to work with! The software is great for recreation!

Community pass has always been a great way to track finances and activity numbers.

Pros

Easy interface, organizes necessary reports and finances, support is always helpful, they are always making improvements to the software

Cons

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

Thank you for your feedback Liz. It's great to hear how happy you are with CommunityPass! We are always looking for ways to make CommunityPass even better; I will pass on your feedback about league scheduling to our Product Development team.

Ashley from Borough of Eatontown / Recreation

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Very easy to register for the different town programs we have.

Allowing us to communicate with all the families in our programs. We have all the information in one place.

Pros

Cons

One thing I dislike about the software is that you are unable to send just a text message. It only allows you to send an email and a text message to all the families.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thanks for your review Ashley! Happy to hear CommunityPass is meeting Eatontown Recreation's needs.

August 2016

Bernadette from Borough of New Providence - Recreation

August 2016

Better Every Year!

The Borough has been using Community Pass for all of our recreation registrations for 5+ years and it just keeps getting better. The development team is constantly working to put out a better product by adding features that user friendly. Community Pass allows our office to focus on the customer. We are able to see up to the minute registrations and financial reports to better control the programs we offer.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the review Bernadette! We aim to have the most complete recreation management software, and are constantly enhancing it and developing new features to offer our customers.

Nicole from Mount Kisco Recreation

Overall good experience for our recreation department.

Pros

The easy access of seeing registrants in the reports for specific programs. The transaction report shows exactly which family has registered and then we can go from their to see for what.

Cons

We're looking for the attendance roster to include more important details (i.e. at the top have the instructors name and dates of program. Roster should include name, age/grade, emergency contact, phone number, allergies/medical condition, etc). We've had a lot of issues with the residency status based on address - the resident's addresses seem to be "out of town" and then we have to go in to make it exempt so they aren't charged the out of town rates. I have redone the street list multiple times and it doesn't fix the issues that we're having.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your feedback Nicole. Your technical support representative should be able to capture your reporting needs. You may need a custom report. He may also be able to help you with uploading an updated file of in-town addresses.

Maura from Stamford Recreation

The online customers find it MUCH easier than our previous software.

Online customers need much less hands-on assistance from us, saving us time for our own work in the office.

Pros

Our calls from customers needing to be guided through the online process have declined substantially.

Cons

Poor searching and sorting. Redundant unnecessary pages need to be completed for each registration, a big problem on busy registration days. Frequent locking up and freezing.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback Maura. Happy to hear your residents are finding CommunityPass so easy to use! Please note that with the redesign of our Administrative Site, tables are now sortable and there is a new search button in the menu bar on the home page that will allow you to quickly and easily search for Programs, Seasons and Catalogs from anywhere within CommunityPass. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team to discuss turning off those pages for you since many are optional.

Alexander from Town of Smyrna - Parks Department

Easy to do simple things, difficult to do complex things

Ease of use, low maintenance, easy record keeping, quick look up

Pros

Once you set everything up, it takes care of everything automatically. It becomes very easy to ensure everyone has a waiver on file. It is also great that community Pass generates reports to show attendance in an easy to read manner. We send out emails to all of our program participants, so I like that I can copy all the emails at once.

Cons

It is difficult to do anything greater than a simple function. The process for refunds is very complicated, and it causes problems for our customers. It is also difficult to create exceptions and make special rules for events.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thank you for the review Alexander. We have recently updated how CommunityPass handles refunds and credits. Please contact your technical support representative to have them show you this new functionality.

Tina from Recreation Services

NOT BAD AT ALL

Pros

easy to use as long as the administrator puts in the proper information so that when you go to register its easy to find a program.

Cons

It dose not stop people from creating 2 and 3 household accounts. It doesn't have our company name on the receipts.(need extra line for address for company name or to the parents of)

Response from Capturepoint

Replied May 2018

So glad to hear you are finding CommunityPass easy to use! Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team to get tips about how to monitor and merge duplicate accounts. You can also access a free training webinar titled "Merge Families & Avoid Duplicate Accounts" located in the Help & Training section on the Admin Site.

Samantha from CCA

Good system that meets our needs

Pros

The Community Pass team has worked well with us to adjust and tweak how we use the software to work for our organizational needs.

Cons

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're happy that CommunityPass is meeting CCA's needs. In our online Help & Training section, we provide videos, guides and manuals for reference. We also offer 2-3 free training webinars every month. If you can't find what you are looking for via keyword search, please do not hesitate to call or email the CommunityPass customer support team. They are happy to address all your questions.

Easy to navigate. Need a few fixing on things. Overall good program.

Pros

Cons

The lease thing I personally like about this program is that it does not stop duplicate of accounts and families.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied April 2018

So glad to hear you are finding CommunityPass so easy to use! Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team to get tips about how to monitor and merge duplicate accounts. You can also access a free training webinar titled "Merge Families & Avoid Duplicate Accounts" located in the Help & Training section on the Admin Site.

Bryan from Rockaway Township

Excellent option for Municipal Recreation

We love Capture Point and their Community Pass product, we've been using it for three years now and plan to increase the number of programs we register on the software over the coming year. All our deposit documentation is based on reporting through Community Pass.

Pros

Interface, constant updates, customer service

Cons

Not always intuitive in set up

Jackie from City of Fenton/RiverChase

We are in the implementation phase and have been extremely pleased so far with the entire process.

Pros

Very easy to navigate - very user friendly . The implementation process has been so on point, very organized and detailed. The training pace is effective and easy to follow along with status calls every week for any questions that come up. The account managers are professional and very pleasant to work with, they work very hard to find a solution that will suit the individual needs of your organization. They also do customizing to meet your requests.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Jackie! Looks like Fenton is off to a great start!

Grace from Union Township

It has been a pleasure working with Capturepoint. Customer Service is a priority! It's great!

Pros

The ease of use is a definite pro. Being able to separate revenue by individual sports is a great feature.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied March 2018

Thank you Grace for taking the time to review CommunityPass. We are so happy to hear you are pleased with our team and find CommunityPass so easy to use.

Victoria from City of Englewood

February 2016

Not only is the software phenomenal but the staff is exceptional.

Englewood Parks & Recreation launched Community Pass in January 2015. With our old registration software, accuracy and development was a challenge: community communications were complex and generating reports was difficult. Since adding CommunityPass, productivity and expansion have come a very long way. Not only is the software phenomenal but the staff is exceptional. As we have exceptions and rules that vary from program to program, we require a lot of customization. The management team has a very effective system from vision to implementation in a reasonable time-frame regardless of how extensive the task. They are always creating ways to improve the system and customer service is ALWAYS available for troubleshooting'(if any). Within the year, we will explore the reservation manager module for our field, park, and facility permits. You won't go wrong with CommunityPass for your organization needs.

Joanne from Department of Commnunity Programs - City of Summit

Truly a great company.

Summit has been using Community Pass since the end of 2006. Our prior software program was unable to meet our department needs. We use CP for the Municipal Golf Course, The Aquatic Center, POS, field scheduling and programming. When I first started using this program I was overwhelmed. I thought I would never learn it and called customer service many times a day with a friendly voice on the other end of the phone who always took the time to help. Now I feel with the help of support that I know the program inside and out. I am able to customize reports, build rosters etc. Whenever I have a question I call customer service, and if no one is available to take my call which is rare, I leave a message and someone gets back to me in a short time. Many towns have called me for recommendations and I highly recommend CP. Truly a great company.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

Thank you for your kind words Joanne!

September 2016

Cindy from The Pingry School

September 2016

Excellent Customer Service

I have been using Community Pass for the last 3 summers and I have to say that it is getting better every year...

Pros

Ease of planning seasons. Making changes/edits is simple. Customer friendly.

Cons

I would love to store credit cards numbers for payment plan options. I would love a more advanced filtering option for parents and administrators.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied May 2018

Thanks Cindy! Glad to hear you are finding CommunityPass easy to use, and I will pass on the kind words to our Customer Support Team. We actually do offer card on file and autopayments so don't hesitate to contact us for more information.

January 2016

Janet from Middletown Recreation

January 2016

Great Product - Highly Recommend it!

We have been using CP since 2013. We transitioned from RecTrac which we did not like one bit. We couldn't be happier with this company. The program is very user friendly from both the admin and public side. From an admin's standpoint, whenever I have a question, customer service is very prompt and friendly in helping me out. We did try the Reservation Manager to manager our field permits, however that component did not work for us - we have too many fields to schedule. We are about to start using the POS component and are excited about it (build an inventory tracker though!). Truly a great company and am very happy to be one of their customers.

Kelly from Borough of Woodland Park - Recreation

The support and training has been wonderful so far. I am a brand new user for our camp program.

I am a new user! I am sure parents are going to love not coming into my office to register their children for camp. Accuracy of registering along with reports & money management will be a great time saver.

Pros

It will hopefully make the process of registering for our summer camp convenient for parents. They can register anytime from any computer. Being able to pay by check & credit card and streamlining the process for administration will be a huge time saver.

Cons

Adding in all the detailed information is a lot of set up . I didn't realize how much goes into the set up. I am told next years set up will be a lot easier since most information will be there and I would just need to change dates.

Response from Capturepoint

Replied February 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback Kelly. You will find that parents love the convenience of registering and paying online! If you have any questions as you continue to set up programs, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team. There are also free monthly training webinars and lots of resources (reference guides, videos, manuals, etc.) available to you on the Admin Site.

Matt from City of Tualatin

February 2016

This system has greatly improved our staff and customer experiences with p & r registrations!

Pros -Ease of program registrations both online and at our front desk -Customized Reports -Online facility schedules -Customized permits -The ability for the customer to book picnic shelters online Cons -Batching revenue from community pass into city budget software system -Would be more helpful to have manuals that spell out procedures (a lot of learning done by watching videos or firsthand experience) Overall, we are very happy with our use of the system and how it has helped us become more efficient and customer friendly.

Trina from Eastmont Parks & Recreation

Highly Recommend!

Not only does Community Pass have the best customer service that I have ever experienced, they also take my suggestions and ideas and make them a reality. We have a very complicated registration process for our summer day camp and Community Pass developed a component to accommodate that, which has made our lives easier and it is easier on the parents who are registering their kids. We have been customers for 2 years and I don't know what we would do without Community Pass, they have become irreplaceable in our office.

Jim from Verona Community Services

February 2016

From the very start, the ease of use is the greatest compliment to hand out.

I have told my residents and the elected officials on many occasions that Community Pass was created as an alternative to the expensive registration software that is available. It is a win win for our community. It has eliminated the over time costs for in person registration. 95% of our program registration is done online with the system. The resident also wins as they can register at any time of day and from home. The organizational tools are simple and perfect. My book keeper loves them.

March 2016

Helene from Montgomery Township

March 2016

Exceptional Software

I love that Community Pass is constantly evolving and coming up w/ innovative ideas to keep their software up to date and user friendly. Their customer service is top notch and the employees go over and above to make sure that you are completely satisfied with any question or problem (there are so few) that you may have. The software is easy to use for both the resident and the administrator. Overall, I have personal been using this software for over 5 years and am completely satisfied.

Susan from Town of Portola Valley

Great Parks & Rec Software experience so far

We have just launched this program and have been very pleased with the response of customer service, with all the help through implementation, and the responsiveness overall of the CommunityPass team. The software itself is easy to use and intuitive for the end user. While we are still in the learning curve of getting to know the software, our team feels we made a great choice for our parks & rec department!

Whitney from Oconee County Parks & Recreation Department

CommunityPass - User of 1 year

We switched to CommunityPass in the fall of 2014 after 10 years with ActiveNet. Our department enjoys this system and the responsive from their team to any new ideas or input we have. Very smooth transition from one system to the other. Training was great and the customer service has been wonderful. We use the following modules: *Memberships *Before/After School *POS *League Manager *Online registrations

Sandie from Roxbury Recreation

Very satisfied!

Our township's recreation department has been using Community Pass for years, and we are very happy with the ease of use. We can control registration by day, even by the hour a program may be opening up registration. The reports allow us to capture exactly how well a program is doing. The customer service provided is excellent. We recommend this service highly.

Andy from Township of Wyckoff (Recreation Department)

Excellent product & service to back it up!

Community Pass gives our community an easy way to register and pay for the programming we provide. The thing I like most about the company is that they take your suggestions to make the product even better and implement them. We have been extremely happy with our move to CommunityPass!

Traci from Westfield Recreation Department

Community Pass gets an A+

We have used CommunityPass for just under 10 years. The program is very user friendly for our residents and with the admin side as well. Whenever our office has a question, the customer support is just a phone call away. CommunityPass makes our job easy!