• Pros

• "good easy to use, app is usefull, drop down menus are good"

• "Simple to learn and use. Everything presented clearly for quick and easy use."

• "Easy to Use, Integration is easy, reports are customized."

• Cons

• "Some updates feel like they take a backwards step but are usually repaired quickly"

• "Need to have more of an ability to have a "shop" as a site where an asset doesn't have to be assigned to it. Maybe the feature is there and I just don't know it? "

• "hard to upload pictures on a mobile device, sometimes they will not save. main thing i do not like with fixed is that there is not a spell check."

Browse Fixd Reviews

Janice from General Electric - Renewable Onshore Wind

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Excellent System, User Friendly with all the info you need!

I first started using Fixd 4 years ago when I worked for a different company. After being hired by another company who needed an inventory system it was a no brainer for me to instantly think of Fixd! My employer had begun trying to set up a different system and after one look at it I told them that there was a much better system out there called Fixd. I explained the system and showed them how it worked and they where very happy to switch. Pricing is excellent, support is top notch and the system covers all levels of inventory management. The customer service and IT support that fixd offers is unlike many other programs I have used. The team at Fixd is easy to get in touch with and is always there to help with whatever you need!

Pros

I have always liked how easy this system is to use. My site technicians who where not computer savvy easily caught on to the system and how it worked and enjoyed using it as it made their lives so much easier! This system is also web based so a company like the one I work for with heavy security and firewalls makes this system a perfect fit as it doesn't require its own server.

Cons

There isn't anything I do no like about this software. User friendly, and covers all areas of inventory management.

Reasons for Choosing Fixd

Fixd was the best choice and offered everything we needed in a user friendly environment.

Reasons for Switching to Fixd

Fixd was hands down a better system all the way around

Mike from Meridian Energy

Good sound product

Very good system with excellent and approachable support staff. Only real downside is that software functionality and/or screen appearance is often changed without advance notice to users or even release notes. Not always an issue but this can be a problem if one is going in to do a quick query/adjustment "on the go" and has to try and work out what is going on. I would like the ability to write my own bespoke reports.

Pros

Cost effective, easy to use and intuative.

Cons

Asset Structure can be a bit confusing and is inconsistent overtime between sites and there are a couple of data vagaries from the early days that can't be removed.

Reasons for Switching to Fixd

We were setting up a new business unit from scratch.

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the feedback Mike!

Timothy from meridian

fixed ever changing

Pros

stores data and scanned documents I need to find tasks completed by other workers and read their reports . the way searches work seems to keep changing so I have to figure out how to work the software again. I did not like the way the search date changed from job complete to last the document was updated as physical work date is more important to me. also the search by asset closed jobs changed now I have to re-search for each of our 100 top assets. changes seem to be driven by the biggest users without the option to keep what was working for you .

Cons

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Hi Timothy, Thanks for your review & sorry to hear that the recent product advancements interrupted your current flow. We'll shortly reach out to you directly to arrange a call to as it appears that you may have missed the advanced filtering option that now exists - so you can actually continue to view tasks in the same way that you previously did.

Sally from Pacific Hydro

Fixd Software Review

Fixd can be tricky to ensure schedules are set up correctly, but very easy once you get the idea, you can the "Copy" the asset tree from another saving time, Tech support on chat are always on hand to help out and provide suggestions and investigate any issues promptly

Pros

Fixd is an extremely user friendly system for our technicians to use, It is very easy to create, edit and manage tasks and schedules,

Cons

The ability to also have a sliding schedule and not just a fixed time range on all maintenance tasks This would save removing and recreating schedules and would be an extreme advantage, anc able to set on individual l assets not entire fleet

Fixd was introduced prior to my commencement 8 years ago

Karey from General Electric

My opinion

Internal inventory issues

Pros

Ease of navigation and overall appearance, very clean and concise

Cons

No complaints as of yet, everything is very self explanatory

Reasons for Switching to Fixd

Existing colleague knowledge of FIXD as well as customer support

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review of Fixd, Karey!

Jason from TWPS

review

mostly good

Pros

its pretty good to use in general, usually the updates are for the better once you get your head around them

Cons

there are a few little annoying things with it, id like it to be able to personalise better. I work on a 4 man site and we have to wade through all the other users, when there was only a few users in fixd it was ok. we now have heaps on heaps of sites and its just a mess

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Jason. It appears that your org has a lot of sites with many, many users assigned to each site, which can start to make finding specific users more difficult. But, you'll be pleased to know that we already have a feature in our development roadmap that will ensure the most frequently selected users for your site are prioritised when you're presented with the complete list of users :-)

LaTessa from Renew

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Fixd is a great way to keep track of inventory

I am very pleased with Fixd and hope I am able to continue to use this product.

Pros

I like that it is a "one stop shop" for inventory, timecards etc. I use all the functions either monthly, daily, and even hourly. I call this system my "leg" when it comes to inventory.

Cons

I wish the search feature was more user friendly. If you don't type in the exact working, it will not pull up the inventory item.

Corey from Renew Energy Maintenance

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Pros

Has all the features that we need to perform our daily tasks.

Cons

Updates with major changes to the platform layout seem somewhat frequent. Have to relearn how to get your information every so often.

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback Corey. We're always looking to advance the software for the better & improve functionality. Thanks for your patience during that process!

josh from Jacobs

Good Easy to use

good

Pros

good easy to use, app is usefull, drop down menus are good

Cons

new version is worse than old, no spell chheck

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for leaving some feedback Josh. While the spell-check is actually an internet browser feature, we are looking at some changes to the comments field in the future to ensure that it's able to take advantage of the browser spell check.

Michel from Cubico Sustainable Investments

Very good software for usage on Overall Maintenance on Wind Farms

I've been using it for maintenance, asset, and inventory control and it helps me to make strategic decisions on budget and time planning.

Pros

How easy and intuitive it is to create and work with Tasks and also the support team who are always ready to help.

Cons

It doesn't have a Task decision control implemented yet and the Task's Service report is yet to show images.

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Your feedback is greatly appreciated Michel!

John from Goldwind Australia Pty Ltd.

Long Term User - Wind Industry

After using may CMMS Platforms. I would rate Fixd as one of if not the best systems. SOme of the Bigger systems offer a lot of high end functionality, however the simplicity of Fixd means it will acctually get used. With out the Data, a CMMS system simply does not work.

Pros

Fixd is fantastic in its simplicity and easy to roll out to new team members. I have used this platform with a past employer and was pleased to adopt Fixd as our CMMS with Goldwind. Over the past 10+ years. My team has looked into other platforms as part of standardisation with our parent.,However we have maintained and fully reverted to Fixd for our Asset Maintenance Management as no other software was able to meet our requirements with the simplicity that Fixd is known for. .

Cons

My worst experiences with FIxd was of no fault to the software, and was a result of not following the process recommended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team. This system works best when it is kept simple and standardised across your sites. This allows maximum flexibility and functionality.

Reasons for Choosing Fixd

We trailed different systems due to requests from our parent company, even while Fixd was in use, however FIxd was the only software we could get our staff to maintain with out issues, and therefor we have chosen stick with it into the future.

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review John! It has been our pleasure to have you as a long-term user of Fixd.

Kabirdas from Suzlon Energy Australia

Advantage to Business

Great tool to use and easy and friendly

Pros

Easy to Use, Integration is easy, reports are customized.

Cons

More categories in the employee time sheet entry for more analysis. Employee Code Blank need to be updated for new starters and contractors which allows the allocation smoother. Reports need to avoid all characters like # , : ; " ' ( ) _ -$ % & * / \ to void manual deletion to upload data into business software. Archived Inventory numbers should not be allowed to be select in the material list against tasks

No Idea

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the valuable feedback Kabirdas!

Keiran from Meridian Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Fixd is a very useful tools but it does have its limitations

It would be great if the website was optimised for mobile. Sometimes I like to bring up tasks while I'm away from my desk but it's very difficult to navigate.

Pros

Ease of use espically with the issuing TOC, the ability to raise new tasks is quite easy and straight forward, customer service is excellent as any issue get sorted very quickly.

Cons

Hositing can be very slow at times, no ability to edit exisiting user names/email addresses, browser spellcheck no longer works with the new comments field, file uploading limit is too small (would be nice if it was raised to 10mb)

Laura from First Wind Energy, LLC

Extremely User Friendly

My company found our selves in a situation in which we needed Inventory Control measures put in place is a very short period of time. Fixd was easily implemented and has been a breeze to use since. We have grown with Fixd (formerly WTGservice) and are happy to be a part of the family. I personally am the administrator for my company and if I can't solve an issue myself, the Customer Service is second to none.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Small glitches that can occur with double clicks

Jamie from Meridian Energy Limited

Industry: Utilities

Great product that plays to it's strengths

Great relationship with Fixd over the past eight years. Great customer service and fault support.

Pros

Ease of use. Does exactly what it says it does. Highly effective in supporting our five wind farms operations. Great app that is simple but effective.

Cons

It is cloud based so needs connectivity. With the remote location of some of our assets, this can be a challenge.

Ease of use of Fixd.

Matt from terraform - sunedison - firstwind

Industry: Oil & Energy

Overall good experience and easy to use and navigate

Pros

Ease of use and navigability it is easy to find work tasks and create new tasks. I also like the ease of time entry.

Cons

We sometimes lose comments and time entry due to multiple people being in the same open task if there was a way to show if there is multiple people that have the task open or allow multiple people to be working in the task.

Matt from Longroad Energy

Industry: Utilities

Pros

The product is easy to navigate between tabs. Another easy feature is to upload document to the task.

Cons

The fixd app is confusing and hard to use. Adding a list of materials to a task is time consuming, it would be nice to have a maintenance parts list per loaded in fixed to expend parts.

Luke from Sunedison

Nice and Easy

Keeping track of time and parts can be a pain in the hind end! That was before Fixd, now all of this is a piece of cake! The ease of learning and using this product is hands down the best I have worked with. I have used other systems similar and it took me twice as much time to become proficient with other programs. Thanks a million for your product! I would recommend it to anyone!

Christopher from Jacobs

Industry: Oil & Energy

A useful system that can be easily accessed whilst out of the office

Pros

Stored information is easily accessible and the site is easy to navigate, the is more that the software can do for us which we are hoping to utilize in the future

Cons

During recent maintenance the whole site was down and we were unable to access any of our documentation

Joshua from SunEdison/FirstWind

Industry: Facilities Services

Fixd Review

We have been using this program for a few years now. It started as WTG Services and was recently changed to Fixd. It makes the receiving and billing out of parts very easy and efficient. Also makes recording time to certain very easy as well.

Stuart from AGL

Industry: Utilities

Functional software delivery our needs

Excellent for the purposes of accessing data being provided by our contractors. Also the team at FIXD are able to present us with options for accessing new data and responding to our queries.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and for the purposes of my requirements easy and quick to get to the information that I need. It's not overly cluttered, so it doesn't present me with information that I don't require.

Cons

As mentioned in the pro's field, this software delivers what we need from the software in terms of tracking maintenance on our assets.

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback Stuart, it's greatly appreciated!

Brett from Renew Energy Maintenance

Good for PC

We primarily use Fixd for a couple tasks. All of our hourly employees use Fixd to keep track of their hours and we use the "Documents" feature to host our safety documentation, procedures, and any other field doc that the technicians need to access while on the road. As far as the time sheet feature, it can be a bit of a pain to do on a small mobile device, but you can get the job done. Documents works as expected on a PC but severely struggles while on a mobile device, this is becoming an issue. We are primarily switching to a tablet type of workforce and having our documents inaccessible does not work. We are experimenting with other softwares for document management because of this.

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Timesheets work very well

Cons

Does not work well on mobile devices. There isn't even a mobile optimized view that would make using a mobile browser so much easier. Also, the app is frustrating to say the least, it is very thin on features and crashes when I try to use it on my iPad.

Response from Fixd

Replied June 2016

Thanks for the review Brett! Glad to hear that you like the timesheets and also the ease of use! The mobile apps (native to both Android & iOS) are both in their first iteration, so we're currently working really hard to add to the initial functionality - particularly with integrating both documentation & timesheets :-) Compatibility wise, the iOS app is optimized for use with the iPad. We've not had any client feedback to date to suggest any issues with crashing, so we'll get in touch with you directly via our support channel and get more details on your set-up & try and find out why you might be experiencing any issue.

Nick from SunEdison

June 2016

Great product which is simple to use and quick to learn

Pros

It's ease of use. I come from using SAP/ADP Maximo which are both just awful and clunky systems, being able to briefly train a new technician or someone unfamiliar with the system on how to use it and have them proficient within a few days speaks for itself. We have a BOP technician who is not all that proficient with computers and we have been able to easily walk him through the site over the phone to help us find parts needed while we were not able to get to a computer.

Cons

When approving tasks, sometimes I have issues where my site will not populate and it takes a few extra clicks to get back after each job I close. Also, while using "Quick Approval" it would be nice if you could scroll through the details on that page vs. having to open up the task. When I go through and close tasks I will open the task and click each tab to verify everything, if I could review all of that info on one page it seems like it may be quicker/easier. Another nitpick I have would be to have a quick button on the main screen to create a task on single/multiple assets vs. having to click through a few screens.

Eddie from TWPS

Super Sexy Fixd review

it has been a positive experience that I have had, thoroughly enjoyed it

Pros

Can use across multiple sites, trace gear and materials used.

Cons

The latest update makes selecting assets harder

Change of company

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review, Eddie :-)

June 2016

Jennifer from Energy Unlimited, Inc.

Awesome Time Saver

We are a very small Wind Energy Company with very little support staff. Fixd is very essential to us helping us control our inventory, assets and timesheets.

Pros

The ability to control our inventory and timesheets.

Roberta from Cubico Sustainable

Industry: Renewables & Environment

There are many points for improvement

Now the maintenance information have to be added at Fixd, so we determinate an official channel for it.

Pros

Hopefully in the future we will integrate our systems.

Cons

Few options to filter, there is no filter per period. Not so intuitive, users report of work hour is so poor (few information and not possible to customize).

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback Roberta. We've already reached out directly to you regarding the filtering options, as it looks like you may have missed the new advanced filtering that is available. Looking forward to working with you to integrate systems!

Matt from SEA

User friendly

Pros

Simple to learn and use. Everything presented clearly for quick and easy use.

Cons

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Many thanks for your comments Matt!

stanton from sunedison

Stanton's Review

It has been a good experience. I have used many other programs and this is by far the best one I have used. All of the input that we as technicians has been implemented.

Pros

The ease of use over multiple platforms

Cons

The parts on the application for my phone i cannot look up parts, Maybe I just don't know how to use it. But I have not been successful at finding it.

justin from Goldwind Australia

Daily user

Good tool to have

Pros

The ability to product reports and keep take of materials

Cons

The fact that the desktop version and the mobile app are not the same . not the same abilities

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the feedback Justin! Sometimes the technology doesn't allow for it, but we're certainly working hard to align more of the features between web and mobile :-)

Jamie from Meridian Energy

Industry: Utilities

Has potential however is yet to apply itself

A good turbine specific system however inflexibility for tweaks and random updates/changes without notification causes frustration and increase mistrust. Customer service is usually of a high standard if contracted at the right time of the day. App needs development to include more functionality. It is good for raising single tasks on the road.

Pros

Turbine specific Scheduled maintenance Knowledge base search Transfer of Control but could be much better if it could be tweaked Materials, especially par and critical lists

Cons

Inflexible Changes without notification Time zone for customer support Unable to attach a work location to a bulk task Transfer of Control cannot be modified Inflexible for administrators to manage users accounts Materials can go into the negatives App is purely for raising single tasks, would be good to have more functionality.

Melissa from RENEW Energy Maintenance

Easy to Use

Overall it is a good product. It meets the needs of employers in the wind industry.

Pros

The software is easy to use and understand as an employee or employer. There are options on how to report your time with basically the same result (block and all day method). It keeps track of the two per diem rates that we have. The reports are customized just for us.

Cons

The overtime is not an automatic function. We manually have to put those hours in. There are a few items we would like to have customized just for us but cannot because it is not possible.

Graham from Suzlon

All round good

I have used a couple of similar platforms. Fixd is the easiest and most user friendly to date

Pros

User friendly, most things are laid out simply and are easy to navigate and find.

Cons

Some of the updates have issues that have been overlooked. Maybe more trials before roll out.

Brian from terraform

Pretty easy to use

Pros

Fairly simple to navigate the site, finding tasks is easy and simple to add all of our parts to and to add time to everything

Hugh from Goldwind Australia

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Easy to use interface is key!

Positve, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are very responsive and have been invaluable in improving the way we use Fixd.

Pros

FIXD is relatively easy to navigate as a user with a very easy to understand interface. This allows users of all technical levels to easily input data with limited consequence if an error is made. As an administrator I like the feature that it is relatively easy to navigate around as well.

Cons

I think the inbuilt reports have limitations however this could also be as a result of the way we are inputting the data. I'm not overly keen on the removal of the function to delete jobs and also the new interface I think is a bit of a step backwards but this might be just until I get used to it.

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback, Hugh. It's always greatly appreciated!

Dave from SunEdison

Fixd Review

Fixd is an effective tool in managing tasks, both expected and unexpected, inventory, and technician time utilization.

Jarrett from Terraform Power

New User of Fixd

Pros

As a new user, I was thrown into the task of inventory and task close outs. The program was very easy to use and it was quick for me to pick it up and run with it.

Cons

In all honesty, there is not much to like about the program. A small update that could be done is to make it more visually appearing but other than that, its awesome.

Scott from Energy Unlimited Inc

Scott Martin Review of Fixd

The platform is good, would like more reporting ability, but overall excellent.

Pros

ease of access and navigation

Cons

reporting

Nung from Sunedison

Great application

This is the first application I had to use that did not require training. Anyone who knows how to use a computer can use this product with ease.

Pros

ease of use was the best feature of this product

Cons

I'm still trying to find one

Brett from RENEW Energy Maintenance

Some features work well

Helps to streamline inventory handling for our Operations and Management sites Allows us to handle timesheets for traveling technicians working in a variety of states Documentation function works okay if on a computer

Pros

The individual functions of the website work well. Timesheets are easily filled on computers or mobile devices Timesheets states and state tax information is handled well Reporting feature is rather robust The implementation of tasks work well for managing multiple Operations sites The documentation feature works well on a computer Support is easily reachable through the chat feature

Cons

The largest aggravation of Fixd is its inability to have the documentation reached through mobile devices. Fixd documentation will occasionally have data corruption issues and although they are quickly addressed by the Fixd team, this is frustrating Reporting, although robust, does not allow the report to highly customized outside of the downloading the report Xcel file and editing the sheet Training documentation is lacking for completing tasks and using the software

Nick from Suzlon Energy Australia

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A solid and uncluttered tool that is feature rich

Pros

I enjoy the simple and straightforward nature of the UI.

Cons

The search function for historical tasks can be a little hard particularly if you do not know the name of the task. Not really sure how you might solve that and is probably an issue with the end user.

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Hi Nick, Your feedback is very appreciated. Keep an eye out for the advanced filtering options that we're currently working on - that will no doubt be a big help in finding whatever historical data you're looking for.

Marion from Soitec

Excellents!!

Pros

Using Fixd is one of the best ways to keep up with our daily task and schedule out future ones.

Cons

Still have issues uploading pictures or PDF files to the work performed. Not sure if its our end or not but still under determination.

Sanjay from Vestas Australia

FixD Data

Pros

Easy to operate and user friendly. Good on creating task, Inventory system.

Cons

Asset history is bit complicated to use

Response from Fixd

Replied August 2020

Thanks for feedback Sanjay, particularly your thoughts on the asset history. We'll flag this review for consideration when that aspect is next under development.

Paul from Renew Energy Maintenance

Industry: Oil & Energy

Keeping time is like doing time!

Not very pleasant, it could be (and was) better.

Pros

Not too difficult to figure out and help was quick to respond.

Cons

Doing ones time on a desktop is not too bad on a desktop but on a phone it is unbearable. The older method was better. Let me explain. The rolling dials for the minutes is not only very aggravating but totally unnecessary. There are only Four positions to choose from on the minutes, why do we have to scroll to find the right one? Just have them available to pick from. And try scrolling on a touch screen ...impossible! Don't try and reinvent the wheel, make it user friendly PLEASE! Then there is the matter of whish site we are on. The old system was easier in that we didn't have to keep entering which site we were on all the time. I know this seems petty, but we are not sitting at a desk in an office.

Caleb from SunEdison

April 2016

Great software, easy to use.

I have been using Fix'd for about 2 years now, ever since it was called WTG. Yes, sometimes there are glitches, but they always seem to be fixed in a very timely manner. Navigation of the site is easy, as everything is laid out very nicely. One thing that I think could be improved upon is the timesheet. The ability to choose more than one day at a time for the same period of time would be a huge time saver. For instance at our site, we have a plan of day meeting every day. The ability to choose the 07:00 to 07:30 slot of all of the week days would be great, along with say lunches, etc. Of course after choosing all of them, you could still go into each individual day and add notes. The ability to write and save "pre-made" notes for work tasks, and being able to choose them from a drop down library could save time as well.

Nick from Sunedison/firstwind

Technician II

Pros

They are always looking to improve and make thing easier.

Cons

I would like to see things more personalized maybe shortcuts for things you use all the time. Part numbers that are used all the time to be easier to select instead of having to look it up over and over again.

Gemma from Meridian Energy

Not user friendly

It seems like the developers did not make this software with users in mind... this needs to be addressed and the software requires a complete overhaul.

Pros

It's easy use for Transfer of Control only.

Cons

The changes made to Task management now when creating a task or getting to existing tasks has become unnecessarily complicated. It's not user friendly at all the navigation of the software and it's use is very clunky.

Response from Fixd

Replied July 2020

Hi Gemma, Thanks for the honest feedback. We always aim to put the user first and value any and all feedback. I'll reach out to you directly via our support channel to go over some functionality to see where you may be encountering any difficulties.

Ran from Goldwind

Industry: Oil & Energy

good software for frontline staff

improvement is needed but all good so far

Pros

Easy to use, easy to setup, easy to maintain

Cons

levels of authorities, can not block some functions to specific users, ie. prices, inventory, other users' tasks

Response from Fixd

Replied September 2020

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, Ran.

March 2016

Andrew from SunEdison

March 2016

Very user friendly

The entire system is very steam lined and user friendly. From the first day of to to all the changes made over the last 3 years, the functionality has continued to improve and become more intuitive. Even after large changes, it still only takes a day or two to get used to the new format. Compared to much more complicated systems like SAP, and JDE that I've had to use, it's so much less complicated and just as functional for my needs.

Michael from TerraForm Power

WTG to Fixd: Wind Turbine Tech's Review

Fixd has been a great tool to be able to track all material usage and historical details. This resource is hugely important in everything we do here daily and drives our yearly objectives by analyzing trends and forecasting failure modes. Prompt response time whenever there is a technical issue with continual updates to the service streamlining productivity and overall efficiency.

Response from Fixd

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the review, Michael!

Luke from Sunedison

April 2016

It has helped to keep track of all of the parts and tasks needed for my day to day work.

Pros: Time, notes and parts are readily available to use for future references. Cons: Ease of changing bulk tasks not always easy but its not that big of a con. The use of fixd is helpful in keeping track of the multiple tasks accomplished daily, weekly and monthly. Details of all jobs can be found by multiple sites across the country. Great Product for big companies!