• Pros

• "Easy to navigate through the app The ability to edit content "

• "It's easy to categorize our media library. It's easy to update. I love being able to have one piece of media available in multiple places without duplication. "

• "I like that it can bring our tradeshow leads straight from the badge scan into Salesforce. I also thought they had great customer service. Rep helped us a ton. "

• Cons

• "There is a bit of a learning curve. Some of the terminology is Modus specific."

• "Hard to use, lack of training and it's not very flexible to export info into SFDC."

• "There was a lot of troubleshooting involved. If your Salesforce instance is not where it should be or completely organized, you will probably run into issues."

Browse App Data Room Reviews

Dave from Data Sciences International

Industry: Biotechnology

One of the First Users of the AppDataRoom

Everyone in sales and marketing always has the latest materials available for their review, or to share with others. We have dramatically reduced our need for printed materials, which helps to offset the cost of the product.

Pros

From a user perspective: It has a very simple and intuitive interface for users. Content is easy to share with people outside of your organization. That fact that it is downloaded and sync'd locally means that you are not reliant on a good Internet connection when presenting content. From an Administrator perspective, it makes it very simple to ensure that all employees are accessing the most current version of the content. It's also easy to see who is using the product and who may need a little "nudge".

Cons

We use Modus with iPads, and iPads don't always render some Microsoft files very nicely. We usually convert PPT files > PDF files. But then when it comes to finding and updating the master PPT file, we struggle to locate it.

Laura from Turck

Industry: Industrial Automation

Modus Review

The Modus team has been very easy and enjoyable to work with. They are friendly and willing to help you achieve your goals. If you want a capability that the app doesn't currently offer, they will figure out a way to make it possible.

Pros

I like that this software provides a comprehensive knowledge base to our sales people while they are out in the field. They can easily pull up a piece of content by searching for it or finding it in the app and send it in a follow up email to their customer. The email will automatically send when they are back on wifi and they receive an email verification back when their customer has opened the attached link. It is very useful that the app doesn't need wifi to run so sales people can use it while they are actually out on sales calls. It eliminates the need to carry around bulky catalogs or rely on an internet connection to view information.

Cons

There are only minor things I would alter about this software. I would change where if you viewed a piece of content and then went back to the previous page, you would be in the same spot on the page. Currently, it sends you to the top of the page you are on. Also the search function shows you pieces of content more than once in your search results if it is located in more than one spot in the app.

Randy from STI Group of Companies

Industry: Biotechnology

Appdataroom

We have worked directly with Modus to test out new feature and capabilities of their Appdataroom platform. We have found they are receptive to our requirements and quite responsive.

Pros

From an IT perspective, there is enough feature and capability here to quickly deploy content and collateral across multiple devices with some being abroad. Admin panel is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Because the platform is easy to use, there is not a lot of customization available for content management. Everything is done through the web interface and would be ideal to have some sort of support for mass upload/updates. Their product roadmap does need a bit of work and modernization to bring it up the featureset compared to other competing platforms.

Rachael from Xenex Disinfection Services

A powerful tool for connecting sales collateral and tools to the teams that need them

We've been solving the problem of "where do I find that" which wasted many hours of our company's knowledge centers who had created documentation of their useful knowledge but were still being contacted many times daily to answer that simple question: How do I find (this) in order to answer (that question). With Modus's organization databases, asset management tools and tags, search-ability, and full indexing of .pdf documents' internal wording, a simple search now returns our field teams all the resources they need for the questions posed to them.

Pros

I love that Modus software has flexibility in how the assets of your organization can be shared with others, helping to better control your IP if, like us, you work in a highly competitive field. You can send prospects a packet of information but then limit their ability to keep or share that with someone you don't want involved in the conversation.

Cons

Its ability to organize the assets into heirarchies and shared families of information is incredibly complex and has a lot of options - perhaps too many for me! Probably a good problem to have.

Aurelien from FINALCAD

Our Sales Enablement tool

We needed a single source to gather all our field marketing content so that our sales people can be autonomous and don't have to rely on us to get prepared for their business meetings. Modus Communicate allowed us to do just that.

Pros

As an admin, Modus Communicate is quite easy to customize, organize and upload all our marketing content in one place. We have marketing content in many languages, and I like the way Communicate handles the languages in a transparent manner for the end-user. Our end-users (mainly sales people) use Communicate across various devices (smartphones, tablets and desktop). Finally, Communicate integrates with our existing systems such as Salesforce and HubSpot.

Cons

There's not much, but if I would have to give two improvements: the tracking could be improved, e.g. tracking more precisely the document views on the recipient side, rather than a simple 'open' tracking. The mobile apps would deserve a design refresh, although they work well (feature-wise).

Modus: Convenient for Salespeople on the go

Pros

It is easy to learn and use especially for business people on the go, when there are documents that have recurring updates. Our employees can be assured they are retrieving and sharing the most current materials.

Cons

Overall security and salesforce integration has not been satisfactory for us. Additionally, thumbnails aren't always automatically generated which makes adding new documents a bit more time-consuming than when the auto-generated thumbnails are populated.

Great media manager software

Overall, Modus has been extremely helpful in enabling me to solve my business problem with their software platform.

Pros

The thing I like most about Modus' App Data Room is the ability to manage and deploy media from their cloud-based system to my devices.

Cons

There are some improvements to the media manager app that would be useful. Such as the ability to setup and manage kiosk configurations from the web. Additionally, the file management features are a little clumsy and don't support a "drag-and-drop" that I would expect/want.

Ryan from WABCO

New User

I am a new customer, and have been extremely pleased with it so far. It is easy to use and track what is being used and what is not.

Pros

This is exactly what my new sales team needed. Any easy, consolidated way to access only the best, latest and greatest marketing material. It allows for perfect version control, and allows the marketing team to control the latest key messages. The sales team still has flexibility in showing what they need to show.

Cons

My sales team is not great with technology, like anything, sometimes our more experienced sales guys are slow to adapt. It is important for the Marketing team to have a unified message and force adaption to this great service. Sometimes our marketing team will send stuff to guys outside of the app, thus defeating the purpose.

Feedback

Overall, everything has been excellent.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Our team members can easily locate documents to send to our customers.

Cons

When I load new documents, I have to double check the locations to ensure I am following the method I loaded similar documents. It would be nice to have a default for certain types of documents.

Bruce from Graco

Industry: Machinery

Good Tool

We share content across our Sales team and Channel partners. He have some heavy users which says some see real value in helping build productive relationships that drive revenues.

Pros

Easy to use and makes it easy for our Sales team to share relevant content all from one spot.

Cons

It does take some dedication so it does not become a junk drawer of content.

Tony from Graco

Great tool!

Pros

Field teams loves it! It really is a one stop shop!

Cons

Need a link to salesforce, could be on our side. But if we could like to CRM it would be out of this world

Response from Modus

Replied August 2018

Hi Tony, we actually do integrate with SFDC. I would love to connect you with our Customer Success team to help you get this set up. Feel free to email me back directly or reach out to our team at customersuccess@gomodus.com.

Thomas from Univar

Modus Review

As a first time user, I felt Modus was good to work with and user friendly.

Pros

Easy to navigate through the app The ability to edit content

Cons

If you need to create identicle folders within sub-folders is very time consuming. It would be better if there was a function to select multiple sub-folders rather than copy and paste the folders.

Rebekah from Quick Mount PV

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Exactly what we needed for our outside sales reps

I'm definitely more from the administration side so my review reflects the ease of using it from my end. But our sales reps love having the content available while out at a conference or meeting potential customers.

Pros

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about it. I know our team under-utilizes some of the functions.

richard from Stanley Black & Decker

Industry: Industrial Automation

Effective in use

Pros

allowed for ease of navigation from tab to folders

Cons

nothing at this time- platform and layout works well

Christina from UnitedHealth Group

Thoughts on the trial version

Overall, I like where Modus is going. There could be a little more polishing, but the use cases are there.

Pros

I like that you can customize your own background, add a logo, etc. The ability to structure the app into several different groups and give access to each group to a unique set of people. The ability to send an update email referring to a certain file is great. The best is when you update a document in the backend, it updates everyone it is shown in the app. You don't have to worry about version control.

Cons

I don't find a huge use case for the ability to edit/create "PowerPoint" slides in the app. It is very basic and the usual case for PowerPoints is more complex than what is offered. I also thought the naming practice for all of the sections/hierarchy of the app was a little confusing when provided a demo. I couldn't remember what the main screen name was referred as, etc. I also think this could benefit a little bit more from a UI/UX strategy design. There are too many "taps" to get to where I want. I also wonder if you could have a more in-depth package to be able to customize an app icon, etc.

Robert from The Center for Vision & Values

Good Lead Nurturing Strategies

App Data integrates very easily with our CRM and allows us to see the best content we have--in other words, how our audience is reacting to our content. It is nice to use in order to view engagement and use the information to increase the effectiveness of our content and our campaign strategies.

Pros

This software takes the guessing out of how your content is interacting with your audience and vice versa.

Cons

There are a lot of options--I like that, but sometimes it can be confusing if you don't have a specific plan of action.

Response from App Data Room

Replied January 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback Robert. Our Customer Success team specializes in helping you devise and implement a specific plan of action that meets your goals.

Briton from WABCO

Modus/App Data Room Review

Facilitating sales conversations with prospective customers. Using as an education tool at trade shows as well.

Pros

Mobile-first design, easy for us to train our less technology-inclined people. I also like the utilitarian nature of the app.

Cons

There is no option to login from your website, or at least its not very easy to find. The rebrand seems unnecessary and appears to be confusing a few of our team members.

Amanda from Graco

Industry: Machinery

Great sharing capabilities

Overall I'm pleased. Would love to receive more information on the capabilities, updates and other product offerings.

Pros

This is a great platform to share documents, both internally and with our channel. Easy to use and configure to our needs.

Cons

I'm relatively new to Modus, so I do not have any "cons" at this point.

June 2013

Paul from Wound Care Technologies, Inc.

Best Sales Tool

App Data Room is our best sales tool for our group of independent medical device sale representatives. It is very easy to use and provides instant access to all the marketing and product information for our DermaClose External Tissue Expander for closing large wounds. The sales reps love the fact that they can access all the product information even when they are in hospitals and have no internet access. App data room makes it easy to create agendas before meetings and then follow up with desired information. It also enable us to make sure that all our reps have the current revisions of production information. App Data Room is a great tool that has made our sales force more effective.

Terri from Ohio CAT

Easy file storage system

We want to share files with our sales reps. This allows us to do so but we have to register each person and pay a large monthly fee for them to access the files.

Pros

It's a file storage system. It does the job. Being able to manage files from a computer make it easy. The computer interface is simple.

Cons

It seems way overpriced for what it is..

Riley from Fabcon Precast

Generally Happy so far

Overall its been good so far. It's nice to be able to rely on customer support when I need extra info as an administrator. The knowledge base is pretty good, but explanatory videos would also be helpful. Perhaps a forum for administrators to share best practices.

Pros

The search function on the mobile app is very robust. I like the ability to tag things in the back end. Those associations help my team find/group the resources they need quickly.

Cons

The browser - lite version of the app isn't as useful. The company I work for doesn't have the ability to download apps for Windows 10, otherwise we'd use that.

June 2013

Greg from Yancey Bros. Co.

June 2013

Great tool for getting information out to the field sales force

App Data Room is a great way for us to put sales information in our rep's hands electronically ensuring they always have the latest version of product information or promotional materials. It will help us to reduce printing expenses and eliminate waste from printed literature that never gets used. I think it will become the central source for our sales force to go for all of their sales and marketing needs.

Robert from The Center for Vision & Values

Content Creation was innovative

Pros

The various abilities to create content in the enterprise platform was helpful.

Cons

The pricing became too high for our budget. But a bigger budget could really use this software to innovative approaches.

Jade from Hospital & Healthcare

Modus: easy interactive showcases

Pros

I like how it is possible to put together a polished, interactive product showcase in a few minutes.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. Some of the terminology is Modus specific.

David from Holt of California

Best you can get

Gets the job done. What more can you ask?

Pros

If you’re looking for an easy way to manage fleets of vehicles, this is it.

Cons

No cons really. Only Wish there was a way to do maintenance scheduling .

Xuefei from FINALCAD

Good to use

useful but not very practical

Pros

Modus can compatible documents of different formats;Could sent to clients' email and get a feedback

Cons

Not easy to share with; not very beautiful.

Great idea but lots of troubleshooting

Pros

It's great that it can integrate into Salesforce and helps reduce manual entry by support staff. Helps with automation.

Jordan from busybusy

Modus Works

Overall, good experience. Just not the best fit for our company and what we were trying to accomplish. It is a good product though, I'm sure other businesses will benefit from it.

Pros

Cons

It never seemed to work exactly how we wanted it to the day of the show. Something always came up that made more work for us. The idea behind purchasing it was to save us time, but unfortunatley we always had to spend a lot of time troubleshooting what went wrong. We were never able to get it just right.

We are not planning on using it again

We used Modus for three shows and none of them went as well as we had hoped. We had a lot of hope for this product because the idea of it seemed like it would make things easier for us but our decision was that it wasn't worth the trouble.

Pros

There isn't an obvious "PRO" that stands out for me.

Cons

Response from Modus

Replied August 2018

There's an out of the box integration with SFDC, so exporting a file to SFDC shouldn't be necessary. Let us know if you'd like to see the integration.

Modus Review

Pros

When everything works Modus is great. Unfortunately we've had several issues with linking this platform to Hubspot.

Cons

So many issues. We use Hubspot and have had nothing but problems getting Modus to comminucate properly with Hubspot. We haven't used the platform again since we've been told it's fixed, so hopefully everything is correct next time around.

Siddesh from Marimba Auto

Interacting software

Pros

This software helps in guessing out our views and how it is interacting with the different users, audience and vice-versa.