• Pros

• "Workflow and rules capabilities are wonderful. filing and retrieval of documents is very fast, overall product is very flexible."

• "System is very user friendly and able to retrieve a document in seconds rather than deal with paper files. "

• "Ease of use, great functionality, stable platform, solid ROI"

• Cons

• "System can sometimes go down, but customer support is very responsive and helpful. "

• "You can’t use caps to find the clients. You have to be careful not to put the amount where the check number is "

• "haven't found anything we don't like about this software"

Browse DocStar Enterprise Content Management Reviews

Carol from J Carnes & Son Roofing

DocStar

Very happy overall and would purchase it again if needed.

Pros

II used DocStar in my last job. I found it very user friendly and easy to set up. I looked at several different programs at the time and very glad I choose DocStar.

Cons

Nothing about the product. I did think the price was a little high. Would have liked it being a little lower

Reasons for Choosing DocStar Enterprise Content Management

I used Treeno before and Doctor was a better product/

Brent from PIF Technologies Inc

An EDM system with great value, web enabled with heavy workflow focus

Data entry automation for AP and AR, matching, routing of Invoices and sales orders and ease of finding documents. Version control comes standard and integrates very nicely with MS Office

Pros

Base system comes with lots of standard features such as records management document workflow, zone ocr, content searching, approval routing and audit trail. The product is browser based so can support Apple/ios environments and be easily placed on premise or in the cloud. Support for multiple companies, TWAIn or ISIS scanning. Batch importing thru email, hot folder, xml or csv comes free. Full MS Office integration and virtual print driver come free. Lots of great options at an affordable price point

Cons

Looking forward to new rebranding in the 7.16 version , not a fan of the old logo and color pallet

Response from DocStar

Replied August 2017

Thank you for the review Brent! I'm glad you like our new branding and I'll be sure to let the Product team know you're on the lookout for it in the product!

ELLEN from Ringler Associates

DocStar

Very satisfied with the system and would highly recommend.

Cons

Dave from Prince Industries, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Great potential but needs refining!

Unfortunately, there were too many issues that we felt did not have good solutions therefore, are no longer using this integration. It was taking longer to process invoices which should not be the case.

Pros

I love the integration with Epicor and the workflow approvals.

Cons

The fact that this was sold as out of the box ready solution was not true. We had to spend weeks of consulting hours (plus thousands of $$$) to get this programmed. There was not even a base install package available. :-(

Brandon from Morristown Utilities

Industry: Utilities

We love DocStar

Slow out of the gate, but we process several documents daily now and are very happy

Pros

Ease of workflow setup eConnect functionality

Cons

Nothing, we are happy about the product!!!

Kelly from Abbeville First Bank

Eclipse Evaluation

I use Eclipse almost daily in our loan department. It is a awesome way to scan all our client info. This is a great tool for us in our department to not have to go into our actual file room every time we have an issue. It is also great when our auditors to come in and evaluate us, The only thing I ever seem to have an issue with is moving something or emailing a document. Other than that this a great tool to have.

Pros

The easy access to our customer files.

Cons

Often have problems trying to move or email a document.

Response from docSTAR

Replied February 2017

Thank you so much for the review Kelly! We are happy to hear that eclipse is helping your team achieve greater productivity and efficiency. Feel free to reach out to support if you continue to have issues moving or emailing a document. There may be a simple fix for that! If not, you can always submit a Betterizer and our product team will review and prioritize when improving the solution. You can reach support at 1.866.243.2240. Also check out our Micro Lessons on CareCentral - the answer may be there. Dawn DiLorenzo Digital Marketing Manager

Anthony from Wish Farms

Use it for about 3 years. AP, contracts, invoices

Pros

We use the workflow function in more than a few area and it makes our approval and processing of AP much smoother. Also have a few automated OCR feeds that make pulling key words from documents easy on users.

Cons

Need a mobile app or dynamic website to allow easier review and approval by users out of office. Also ability to easily take picture and scan and upload from phone is missing. It's not usable for our team when out of office.

Response from DocStar

Replied October 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that your AP processing is running smoother and that DocStar AP Automation making easier work for your team! Our sales team has reached out to you regarding your desire to have mobile approvals and uploads and they are currently processing new licenses and scheduling training for you for that functionality! Please contact our sales or support line for any further product needs. Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Digital Marketing Manager DocStar

Neil from Crescent Crown Distributing

Industry: Wholesale

Finally a software company that OVER delivers on their promises!!

We have had nothing but EXCELLENT results and service with DocStar. We have realized a positive ROI by automating our payables processes - much lower time to process invoices PLUS we have avoided thousands of dollars in late fees. Most importantly, DocStar's customer service has been TOP NOTCH...although to be fair, we hardly ever have to call them since the solution is so stable. I would HIGHLY recommend DocStar to any company looking to automate their AP process...you will not be disappointed!!

Pros

VERY easy to use, great workflow functionality, stable platform with almost zero crashes or errors, all at a great price

Cons

NONE - there is nothing about the product that we do not like.

Response from docSTAR

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the kind review! We work very hard to provide our customers with a WOW experience and are excited that you are finding a high return on investment from automating your business processes with docSTAR eclipse.

Neil from Crescent Crown Distributing

Industry: Wholesale

FINALLY a software company that OVER delivers on their promises!

Pros

Ease of use, great functionality, stable platform, solid ROI

Cons

NOTHING - wouldn't change a thing!

Response from docSTAR

Replied December 2016

Thank you for the review Neil. We are delighted to hear that you have had such a great experience with our company and that automating your accounts payable process continues to deliver such a terrific ROI for your business.

Ken from Mosaic Corporation

Docstar helps run our compnay

We use to manage our AP processing, HR Documents, proposal review process and as an electronic archive for all of our internal documents as well as all customer related transnational documents.

Pros

The Docstar software makes it easy to get my hands on any historical document related to any of our customers very quickly. And, we use the workflow feature to initiate quote and proposal reviews as well as sending the proposals electronically to customers for their e-signature and receiving them back into the system automatically after signature.

Cons

We have no issues with the software and everyone inside our firm uses it on a daily basis.

Kristin from Lee-Smith

Outshines Dark Filing Cabinets!

Before our company transitioned to docSTAR Eclipse my office was wall to wall dark filing cabinets crammed full of personnel files. They were overwhelming and more importantly even though locked, not fully secure. With docSTAR Eclispe mountains of paper are a dark memory. Security and confidentiality are top priorities. Past and present employee information is always at your fingertips! Fingertips that no longer have to deal with constant paper cuts! Previously an audit would require extensive time pulling individual files and documents, hoping that everything would be put back in the correct place. Now a few clicks of the mouse and documents are exported with ease with no risk of losing information or it falling into the wrong hands. docSTAR Eclipse has been a game changer for our Human Resources Department! I couldn't dream of going back to piles of paper. I highly recommend this product to HR departments both large and small!

Pros

The ease of use. With just a little training I was able to fully use the software. It's very intuitive.

Response from docSTAR

Replied November 2016

Thank you for your review Kristin and we are so happy to hear that you are seeing the value and return on investment your investment in eclipse!

Patty from Brazabra Corp

Love Docstar

Our company has been using Docstar for filing of documents for a few years now, we love it, no more having multiple filing cabinets throughout, now we scan the documents, file them and can retrieve them at any time. Love this product......

Pros

Ease of use, ability to access our database for filing, multifunctional

Cons

haven't found anything we don't like about this software

Response from docSTAR

Replied February 2017

We are so happy to hear that you LOVE docSTAR eclipse! Be sure to check out our eForms product and AP Automation solution! Dawn DiLorenzo Digital Marketing Manager

June from Cornerstone VNA

Docstar for Record management

great product - We have created several fillable PDF's that can be routed accordingly. Also uploaded all paper medical records making room for more offices

Pros

Easy to use - able to upload several documents and arrange as needed. All Medical Records/personnel files can be stored electronically instead of paper

Cons

No cons, we were abnle to easily scan documentes into the system and rename and process them without dificulty

Marsha from eGov Jamaica Ltd.

Industry: Government Relations

I like that it allows us to store and retrieve docs and remotely and wherever I work

Well the benefits are that it assisted my sales activities, and client follow ups because I was able to work remotely as I was able to retrieve my information anywhere at anytime. I was able to share documents with my team and we were able to collaborate though we were not in office.

Pros

Before we were not able to store and manage any document remotely from anywhere we were on my tablet or phone and at times I wasn't able to use my work laptop. And also that it integrates seemlessly with ERP tool. I am able to plan better and my pipeline is affected as I can manage this also

Response from DocStar

Replied September 2017

Thank you for your review Marsha. We are so happy that you're finding good value with our AP automation solution.

D from Organization Name

Deep knowledge of Dynamics GP and AP automation a huge plus!

As a leader in the mortgage space, we handle thousands of documents a month as well as invoices. Everything was processed and handled manually, causing dozens of hours of work every week, errors and delayed approvals and payments, all leading to additional expenses. Trying to find documents for audits was a tedious, costly process and storing documents in file cabinets exposes our organization to theft and loss. We met with the top 4 or 5 vendors in addition to docSTAR and docSTAR met every one of our requirements. Plus, their knowledge of accounts payable workflow and MS Dynamics GP, easy to build workflows (even complex ones), and cost effectiveness of the solution made them our top choice. We would definitely go with docSTAR again. Pros Non-technical staff can build workflows very easily, saving our IT resources time. Deep knowledge of GP was essential for an easy implementation. Our staff found eclipse easy to learn and use without a lot of training. It's very intuitive. Storing content digitally will give us a fast return on investment in labor and storage. Finding new uses for the solution all the time.

Response from docSTAR

Replied December 2016

We work really hard to make sure our customers have fantastic experiences with our products and team. We are really happy to hear that the solutions are saving you time and money, our teams' expertise is helping you work more efficiently and that you are able to expand your Return on Investment with the MS Dynamics integration and new use cases!

Kelly from Abbeville First Bank

Doc Star Review

Just overall helpful in the loan department. Instead of having to get up and go to the file room, i can easily pull up my docs while sitting at my desk and talking with a customer.

Pros

User friendly and so helpful to get to our documents easier than pulling files.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints on doc star.

Jason from PIF Technologies

Docstar is a great document management system with many features and vast flexibility

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it's more complicated than it needs to be to build a workflow. The need to download some files in order to view them is bothersome.

Michelle from HRC solution

Deposits

I use it everyday and it looks complicated but it is really east

Pros

Pretty easy to use and upload copies of checks and to file when done. Everything is user friendly! I

Ben from Thriveworks

Find documents easily

Pros

our documents were a complete mess. We'd tried keeping lots of folders and that sort of thing but it never worked out. Just kept getting too convoluted and no one could ever find what they were looking for. This really helped fix that!

Cons

feels kind of expensive for what it is, but for us it has proved worth it. If you're a small company probably not for you.

Dillon from Mini Systems, Inc.

I use periodically

Pros

The feature that I like the most about the softwareis its ability to help us organize our documents

Cons

The reason that I have a certain dislike towards the software is because it's not super easy to use and could use some more online tutorials

Response from DocStar

Replied September 2017

Thanks for your review Dillon! We have a number of training resources available to you. I will be reaching out to you to get your email address to Salesforce to make sure you receive our regular customer emails and providing web addresses so you can access our training portals. 1. CareCentral is our online user empowerment portal & features a number of materials including manuals, Tip of the Week, Knowledge Base & an eLearning module, which features a number of courses as well as our popular Micro Lessons series, quick ¿how-to¿ videos that are under 3 minutes long. 2. Built-in tutorials using Walk-Me ¿ just hover over the DocStar menu and select Step-By-Step. Find the function you¿re looking for, and you¿ll be guided through the process with online tips. 3. DocStar¿s Help Wiki has a number of resources including documentation and recordings of past WebEx courses 4. Live Training Events via WebEx 5. If you have a support issue, you can reach our support team via email

Gaylynn from Devine Millimet

Industry: Law Practice

easy to use and teach other how to use the software.

it fast and easy to access old client files

Pros

Fast Retrieval of documents and easy set up and configuration. on need to install on local user's computer.

Cons

importing and merging of existing is a challenge but can be done if you create a whole new document.

October 2014

Thomas from ComNET

October 2014

docSTAR is the easiet to use

I have had docstar document management system for over 15 years in my townships offices and it not only saves us time, money and space it makes locating all of our document, large and small, very easy in seconds. We also use it for our A/P and locating assets within the township. docstar integrates with our GIS systems and makes it very easy to locate documents, permits and any assets with a click of a button. As I remember the overall installation plan took only a hours and the cost plan worked great with our supervisors budget.

Response from docSTAR

Replied October 2014

Thank you for your review Thomas and we're very happy that you're still satisfied with your investment in our document management software.

Tina from Gettysburg Benefits Admin.

Great for small businesses.

Easy to use; If you have a problem you can chat online with customer service. I like that the best. It is quick and they can log into your system and see exactly what needs to be done.

Response from docSTAR

Replied February 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words Tina! Our support team loves chatting with our customers and helping them with their product questions! I'm glad you find the solution easy to use too. Be sure to check out our Micro Lessons on CareCentral. Dawn DiLorenzo Digital Marketing Manager

Not so efficient for us, maybe more useful for others

The thing that has made DocStar helpful at all has been the fact that our accounting team created detailed tutorials for staff use. The program crashes often and seems to randomly lose documents all the time, and its user interface isn't the friendliest.

Pros

DocStar is good for those who don't work with expense reports often as it is very baseline as far as advancements go.

Cons

DocStar doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of user-friendliness and accommodation. It feels clunky to use and it's very easy to get lost/lose your entire work if you're not careful.