(8,181)

8,181

(3,985)

3,985

• Pros

• "The themes are amazing and I can choose and customize my website at any even time which is awesome! I love it!"

• "This software is very easy to use and understand. It can be quite overwhelming building a website but this platform malea thinga so much eaiser. Very happy with it and highly recommend it."

• "I love that this programs gives you a quality feel. It’s not like the other cheesy website builder programs. I also love that I can buy templates for my site. "

• Cons

• "- WooCommerce is great, but the shopping experience isn't on-par yet with Shopify out of the box... though it can be customized."

• "All in all its a great product, but I don't like its installation proccess."

• "It's fast for a CMS, but it's still slow when comparing speeds to a site that is built in straight Laravel. "

Browse WordPress Reviews

Tigran from Information Technology and Services

WordPress is being used.

Overall this the best software to build a Landing page very fast with in hours and add plugins, addons and convenient theme for your business.

Pros

It the a best option for non tech guys to build an fast blog like website or download of the themes and apply to Wordpress. This is the fast solution of newly starting businesses for building an landing page and integrate some plugin on third party software. Of course it could be use more professional solutions but this is the best for starting. Additionally telling it has tons of plugins available for this software.

Cons

There may a lot of cons on this but I can mention the one and most famous that sites on Wordpress is running very slow. if it's not configured well the code is becoming mess and it's hard to fix something when non professionals work on it.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wordpess seems to have more plugins than this one.

John from PRB

Self Hosted WordPress - King of Blogging Platforms

I have been using WordPress since last decade. I have tried in many webhosting providers. Possibly had Installed hundreds of Instances of WordPress for testing and live hosting, even few for customers also. It is a time saver and because of extensive availability of themes and plugins, you can create Unique websites for different business needs. Its really positive and helpful.

Pros

Most loved feature about WordPress.org is Easy of Deployment and Administration. You can simply install this software using single Click button on most of the Web Hosting environments. If you plan to install in your Local Machine, it is also simple. Just install PHP/MySQL using tool like XAMPP and rest is step by step guided. Next loved thing is the Customization available. Thousands of themes and plugins to extend the capabilities as required. Guess what, you can simply design your theme or plugin with simple knowledge of PHP. As being the Open Source and long running product, community support is indepth.

Cons

One thing that Frustrates is the resource usage. WordPress uses most resource if compared amount other popular tools like Joomla & Drupal. If you are using in Shared Hosting environment, the performance of the website is slower as you start getting visitors.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

For Blogging, WordPress is simple and have more active contributor than other platforms.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Those have limitation over customization (no or very less plugins/themes) and unavailability of Database impacted many things.

HESHAM from TiE HOUSE

12 Pros and 5 Cons of WordPress – Should You Use It?

By and large, I have been utilizing WordPress for about 10 years now. I'm content with it. There is a whole industry made around WordPress. Many facilitating organizations offer WordPress oversaw facilitating. What's your involvement with WordPress? Are there any professionals or cons that you accept ought to be added to this article? It would be ideal if you leave your remarks down beneath.

Pros

WordPress Advantages: Heaps of destinations use WordPress. You will go into a bigger world, more so than if you don't utilize WordPress. 74.6 million destinations are utilizing WordPress. Extraordinary substance the board framework. The greatest preferred standpoint is that it is so natural to explore through the pages and substance. Consequently, why it's an incredible CMS. It's set up so that those with simply the most essential abilities can comprehend what is happening. For whatever length of time that you comprehend PCs and the dialect on a basic dimension, WordPress will work with you. You can alter things as you proceed onward, contingent upon your preferences. Modules. Modules will be your closest companion here. With different CMS, the modules will in general be more earnestly to peruse, comprehend and use. It's everything up to you how you need to utilize it. There are heaps of free and paid modules you can introduce to make creating destinations less demanding. See this article picking the privilege WordPress modules. Website design enhancement. The modules on WordPress are intended for effortlessness and SEO purposes. A few people experience serious difficulties with the Meta labels and depictions. WordPress makes these labels straightforward and use. It's likewise a fantastic educator with regards to streamlining. It will help clarify which words and expressions are best for web index use. Along these lines more individuals can locate your substance and a

Cons

WordPress Disadvantages: Custom Layouts Are Hard To Use. The principal drawback is the designs. They may be modified, yet they can be precarious to explore through. Same goes for the planned procedure. A portion of the plans is not as effectively open as you may need or need them to be. There are WordPress subjects that can assist with this. See Elegant Themes and Headway. Loads of Updates. It's basically running on your server. The updates will be consistent. I am not saying they will happen each day, but rather they will happen a ton. Be set up to refresh your center WordPress records, modules, or subjects something like a couple of times each month. You may need to rollback WordPress to a past state in the event that you keep running into issues. Expectation to learn and adapt. It's effectively available, yet some earlier information helps. It's ideal on the off chance that you are kind of familiar with web advancement and promoting. I am not saying you should be capable in it, however, some learning will help. Without this information, exploring through WordPress may be more testing.

Christopher Ryan from WebWell

I use them to build corporate websites

I could not have my current side business without wordpress - as it makes it more efficent and cost effective for me to spin up and host custom wordpress websites for people that dont want to spend £££££ on custom designed stattic websites.

Pros

It's an open platform and completely free for new entrants - coming from the old world of creating websites it absolutely revolutionised the way we create and design websites. the sheer amount of integrated plugins means you can do absolutely anything you can dream off.

Cons

It can be very difficult for new users to pickup - and from an end user perspective - ongoing management of the solution is difficult to maintain without a custom front end CMS - there are also a lot of threats due to the sheer number of 3rd party plugins that integrate to wordpress.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Cost - lots of resources out there on how to pick up wordpress also

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Free integrations just made it a no brainer - and it was alot easier to understand and deploy.

Kevin from Ristretto Group

Build your Business on WordPress for Scalability and Infinite Customization for Little Overhead

It's been incredible: we've run multiple businesses on WordPress that are highly profitable with low overhead.

Pros

The number of customizations that are possible at ridiculously low pricing is unlike any other platform out there. You can make WordPress into literally anything you want: directory site, calendar system, membership site, course creator site, basic SAAS, and much more.

Cons

The backend interface needs to be updated - feels out of date. Also, getting started for many users is complicated and there are so many options it can feel overwhelming. Also, it's difficult to know which vendor tools (plugins) are best in class.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Easy to implement custom business process with no coding required.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

To increase our ability to customize our platform for our unique business feeds.

Proinsias from Frans Digital and Photography Services

Industry: Online Media

Wordpress

Given me ability to have a web presence with very little outlay I have learnt over the years, and I am not providing services to new bossiness for reward

Pros

Plenty of online help available in Video and Documented procedures to complete tasks I could self host and greatly reduce my costs Over 35% of websites are build on Wordpress so I was confident about the platform There was many credible plugin developers, and security plugin developers with free plans to help the new business

Cons

Learning Curve but it is getting easier with the latest versions You need to approach your skills development Bit by Bit and not jump in You may get frustrated with conflicts between different plugins

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I had total control of my data. That was really important. I could make rapid changes to content , pages , forms, and pricing information

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I was on a limited budget and I need to have a decent web presence that was dynamic. I also need to be able to change content quickly based on seasons, events and special events

George Rex from ROC Aire Consulting Limited

An All-in-one CMS like no Other

WordPress has really made my life easier. I've personally evolved with the system over time and I don't intend to stop going with the evolution as time goes by. I say thank you to the Automattic Team for this wonderful package. Truly, the best things in life are for free.

Pros

WordPress has evolved over the years. Since the first time in 2012 when I started using this software as a blogging and minimum value website design tool to this day in 2021; I have personally witnessed the tremendous transformation of this CMS; especially the sophistications that are now inbuilt to follow the MVC framework. It's been really rewarding. Not to talk of the vast assortment of plugins that extends the functionality of the CMS. Sincerely, WordPress is really worth every penny, if sold.

Cons

The bloated nature of third-party plugins that are not properly coded which creates loopholes for security breaches in a person's site.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

WordPress was easy to set up for me. Unlike Joomla that had some bit of technicalities in its deployment, WordPress could be deployed within 5 minutes and you're good to go.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

When Adobe bought over Dreamweaver, web development became a little cumbersome for me because of the UI/UX frameworks they introduced in the IDE.

Brittany from Specificity Inc.

Aweome sites with no developer experience

It has solve our problem with creating websites with good user experience without spending the time for an entire custom coded website.

Pros

I like the amount of plug-in and options you have when creating a WordPress site. Being very comfortable with technology but no developer experience, I can make and edit beautiful sites with a lot of functionality.

Cons

Some of the integrations are hard to customize to match the theme/ look of your site. Some of the customer support is not great when it comes to the plug-ins as well.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

More custom ability when using WordPress when it comes to design and analytic tracking when it comes to things like button clicks or user behavior.

Easier to use

Ali from Azerex

WordPress is simply a powerful stable CMS with very high security and lot of great features!

I have been working with WordPress for many years and we have used it for many projects in startups and other projects. It has excellent security and a lot of development. It is always in progress and you can always add your own module and plugin to it.

Pros

A complete CMS. You can use it even without installing any additional modules and tools. The open source and readability of PHP code simplifies the possibility of change. It is always updated and has many developers around the world. A variety of free and commercial templates with many free and commercial modules ضand plugins that you can find on the Internet with a simple search. On the other hand, it has many safety and updates.

Cons

The backup and recovery system must be added to the core kernel by default. The rest of the facilities are great.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Better support, tutorials and videos, and better coding quality

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

WordPress support, services and updates have been much more complete and powerful than other similar software, and the variety of templates, modules is incomparable with competitors.

Faisal Faruque from Freelancer

WordPress Beautifully Shapes Your Online Presence!

As a content marketer myself, I needed a website for publishing the content to the internet. Since I am not a web developer I was afraid of how I would be able to manage this process by myself. I didn't have the budget to hire a web admin. But after a suggestion from my friend, I started using WordPress for the last 2 years. I was quite surprised the first time I used it. Creating a website is that easy even without spending a single cent? Thanks to the awesome community for making this possible. I have made several websites using WordPress and I am quite satisfied with this. I believe WordPress will capture more market share soon.

Pros

The thing I like most about WordPress is its community support. The volunteers are always here to help me if I face any problems. On top of that, there is a huge library of free themes and plugins. So, if anyone tries to create a website without spending money, it is only possible with WordPress. The installation of WordPress is quite straightforward too. Most of the hosting providers support managed WordPress hosting which I think is the best for beginners. No matter whether you want a personal portfolio site or a giant e-commerce site, WordPress has got you covered.

Cons

The developers of WordPress are trying hard to make it perfect. But still, it has some minor problems. From my perspective the backup and restore process should have been much easier and it should be built-in inside the WordPress core. The media and file management system of WordPress is not that developed. If the developers come up with a media organized it will be awesome.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I was thinking of using Shopify instead of WordPress. But after researching a bit I got to know that Shopify is good for beginners with an e-commerce business. But it is not yet ready for providing you the ultimate flexibility and customization of building whatever you want. This is why I chose WordPress so that I get as many options open for scaling my business.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Before using WordPress, I used Blogger by Google. Blogger is quite user-friendly but it didn't have this much flexibility that I'm getting from WordPress currently. On top of that Blogger is not ready for creating a full-fledged e-commerce site. Because of the limitations, I switched to WordPress and I am quite satisfied.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

Perfect for bloggers

I used WordPress through Bluehost for my first blog. I had zero coding experience when I first started and was able to navigate and use WordPress fine. My biggest issue was just being overwhelmed with how many features and tools come with WordPress. There is a lot to learn but I still would highly recommend it to anyone creating a website.

Pros

There is so much flexibility and freedom with WordPress, you can customize your website exactly how you want it. And it's completely free! WordPress comes with literally hundreds of free themes to choose from and you can search through themes based on type of business so it's easy to find one that suits your needs. WordPress also comes with built-in analytics so it's really easy to track your website stats like page views, website visitors, etc. Another awesome feature is the WordPress post and page builder. It uses a pretty simple yet customizable drag and drop editor so writing articles and setting up pages is simple. I also really like how much free content you can find online on navigating and using WordPress. Because it's so popular there are tons of videos, articles, and tutorials on how to use WordPress. Another perk of WordPress being so popular is that there are endless themes and plugins, both paid and free, for WordPress.

Cons

Because WordPress is so customizable and there are so many features, it can take some time to get the hang of it. There is so much to learn it can be a little overwhelming at first, especially if you are new to creating blogs or websites. There is definitely a learning curve with Wordpress. I would highly recommend taking the time to become familiar with each feature and tool of Wordpress and get a good grasp and understanding of how it works before you jump into starting your website. Even then, encountering any kind of website problem can take a long time to solve because there are so many moving parts with Wordpress. There have been many times where I've spent hours ruling out different potential causes of a certain glitch or malfunction in my website.

Simon from SimonManuel

It isn't the #1 web development platform for nothing!

The ability to scale as the business grows. When we started out, we had very few clients, which meant our storage requirements were large. But as the site(s) grew, it was easier to scale without having to worry about the website crashing. WordPress has been a breeze to work with, whether on small static website or large ecommerce stores that generate 100s of 1000s of dollars in revenue. WordPress has been a go-to platform to build on and we only see it getting better with time.

Pros

The fact that it is open-source and it can be deployed on any server of your choosing. Being bound to a certain provider was not something that I was comfortable with. With changing times, company objectives change too. Being pulled along on the ride isn't always the best user experience. This is where WordPress shines. You choose your own web host and deploy WordPress with thousands of themes (both free and premium) and plugins that help tailor the website to your exact needs.

Cons

While there were a few cons around 3 or 4 years ago, the team at WordPress are constantly updating the platform and adding features that you didn't know you need. In the plugin repository however, there are hundreds of plugins that haven't been updated in years. Users have to look for alternatives. It'll be nice if they were removed from the directory.

Eddie from NexusEdge

Easiest way to go to market, don't need to code, pretty obvious when you use it though

Going to market quickly is great, evolving your product becomes impossible but that's because it wasn't made for that purpose. One of the few professional website builders with a free tier still unlike their competitors that have gone to a paid model for even the most basic functionality.

Pros

Oftentimes people think you have to code to build a beautiful website. Wordpress makes building a professional looking website as easy as drag and drop. The content management system was great, and our development team wanted to leverage it to combine it with a customized sales workflow I developed as the lead product manager. As a professional technologist I was worried about being able to customize WordPress to combine with specific coding work. We were able to add enough customized code on top to be able to manage our content well and add our invoicing, proposal, and customer engagement workflow.

Cons

It's really obvious when you use a WordPress site. And if you're not careful it's easy to pull a denial of service attack on, they don't even have to know how to code to do it. That happened to us, and we eventually learned what it takes to do it, and not much. Now I can eyeball a website and tell if it's a WordPress website and quickly confirm with a keyboard shortcut. Outside of building a simple site to display content or minimum viable product, you need to outgrow WordPress fast if you're building a technology company, but you would be surprised how long it takes some people.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

SquareSpace I've always preferred from a design standpoint, but SquareSpace is a bit harder to use. Wix is the worst, when everything became mobile Wix did not adapt so all their websites did not render properly on mobile. Perhaps they finally improved a little. WordPress has become the industry standard for website building even if it's not the absolute best. They do manage content better than pretty much everyone else though.

magatte from magattetop

"The best free CMS"

When I started creating my own online store and saved a lot of time and money using WordPress, it helped me a lot. Overall, learning WordPress is very beneficial because it allows me to maximize my project in the best version. There are many plugins that can meet your preferences. After all, you don't need to spend a lot of energy to create and manage a website, it doesn't take long to learn the basics and everything goes well. I would like to thank the developer team for this excellent package. Really, I highly recommend this CMS.

Pros

With a maximum of two weeks of learning, you can create dynamic web pages for almost anyone. Powerful plugins/themes and forum support make this product superior to any other product. I've never encountered a problem that can't be understood in various forums and FAQs on the Internet. There are several features and templates to guide you in choosing the theme you wish to continue with. In addition to the templates, if you switch from one template to another, it will automatically transfer your content from one design to another, so you don't have to re-enter all the information.

Cons

Although there are hundreds of templates and customizations to choose from, some are free, but to extend customizations or unlock other features, there is a cost. Most of the technical problems do not come directly from Wordpress itself, but from its theme or plug-in development partners. If one of the plug-ins you rely on is obsolete and abandoned by the designer, you may be out of luck and have to rush to find a new solution when a problem occurs. I hope revisions are simpler and incremental backups are simpler too. Every customization or theme has a cost associated with it; however, these costs are usually negligible for what you get.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

For me, Wordpress is the best open source CMS, it has a larger community to provide support and scalability, and publish plugins, updates and themes.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

Industry Standard for Web Design

I have used Wordpress for several different websites. We currently use it within our organization and I use it for my wife's business and also for our volunteer fire departments website. Again it is simplistic and for those less knowledgable about web design the platform allows for the user to walk through the design process with simplistic instructions.

Pros

I have been using Wordpress for the last several years. I often recommend this platform over others to colleagues and friends as it is the most widely used platform for web design available. It is simplistic and easy to walk through for those who are less than knowledgeable about web design while allowing full customization for those who are very knowledgeable. There are hundreds of pre-designed templates that you can utilize in your design. On top of the templates if you switch from one template to another it automatically carries your content from one design to another so you do not have to input all the information in again.

Cons

While there are hundreds of templates and customizations to choose from and some are free, in order to expand the customization or unlock other features there is a cost for doing so. Every customization or theme has a cost association to it; however, those costs are often negligent for what you are getting.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Preference. I was more familiar with Wordpress. Wordpress has been around a long time and can be as simple as the user wants it as well as extensive through content control.

Excellent way to get your small to medium sized business online

I love working with Wordpress and have made a business around it. My own websites are built on Wordpress and create them for my clients. My team can go in and make most of the necessary updates and it is easy to train people on how to use it.

Pros

By creating sites with Wordpress, you can easily keep your website up to date with fresh new content. Almost any functionality you need can be delivered via a plugin. Chances are someone else needed the same thing and has come up with a good solution, so searching the vast community will lead you the best solution for your own (or your client's) business. If it hasn't been done before, there are plenty of skilled developers that can create a plugin for you at a fraction of the cost of building a custom html site from nothing. That said, you can literally choose a premade theme and have a decent site launched in a day if you were so inclined (and prepared with content).

Cons

Most of the cons are not due to Wordpress itself, but the theme or plugin developers. If a theme or plugin that you rely gets outdated and abandoned by the developer, you may be out of luck and have to scurry to find a new solution when things go wrong. I wish revisions were simpler, as well as incremental backups.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Before Wordpress, I handcoded everything in html, css and php. I was not very proficient in php or databases. While it was fun to learn, it was more of a full time business just creating and updating the website. It didn't leave time to actually run the business I wanted to bring online via a website.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

Most popular way to build your website or blog

It helped me a lot when I start creating my own online store and I saved a lot of time and money using WordPress. and after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Pros

I like it because it allows me to build a website for free and yes it's 100% free, unlike other website builders in the market. It's effortless to use, and the user interface is amicable and easy to use without any web designing or coding background also, It's open-source. WordPress themes are amazing because they are very flexible and I can add or remove anything with just simple clicks. I start using WordPress to build my online store a few years ago, and I didn't have any knowledge on how to use it but, with simple research on the internet I found a step by step guide and I build my online store in a few days without any problems, and I was amazed how everything works and how fast the website load. with time I found WordPress offers a lot of plugins and one of them was Woocommerce and I start using it with WordPress and I was very happy with the final results because I had everything I wanted in my website (online store). I like how I'm allowed to customize everything and how I have complete control of my website. also, I like the idea of how I can move my Website to any hosting company or change the domain name without any problem. I like the integrations available on WordPress especially for the payment options, Email marketing tools, SEO tools...etc.

Cons

If you have full control this means you are responsible for the security of your own website, installing updates, saving backups, and this for some people will be very hard to manage. It takes some time to build your own website because WordPress doesn't come with a drag and drop option like some other website builders. but, after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Alain Jove from Sales Retention Services

The web designing tool you need for your websites and blogs

Overall, learning WordPress is very rewarding as it allow me to maximize my projects into the best versions possible. There are a lot of plugins at your disposal to suit your preference.

Pros

Although this is not recommended for begineers in web designing but I took the challenge of learning this because it is the most reliable and packed with a lot of features for you to exhaust in desgining a perfect website, or blog. I like this a lot because of the numerous plugins I can use which spans from security, tools for email campaign, integration, webforms like opt-ins and surveys, but most of all its SEO tools. I like how a lot of templates are at your disposal and the best part is WordPress allows you to see which templates load fast and which ones are not to give you the best choice in selecting for your website. I'm using Hestia and Newsup themes as they are fast loading and the design suits my needs. The former is also nifty if you want to conveniently use drag and drop web designing. I also love the idea of scheduling blog posts to a future date for convenience and maintaining online presence. Also, I can integrate my posts to Mailchimp for my email campaigns which is very convenient it is the backbone of affiliate marketing and other.

Cons

I have to clarify first that I am talking about wordpress.org and not wordpress.com, as the latter has a different setup and not ideal for long term and advanced web projects. WordPress is a bit complex especially editing and publishing. You'd also have to go through the pains of setting up and uploading your content with your hosting provider. Messing with the codes as well can be very tricky and will cost you your website, unless a backup was made to allow you to start from where you left off, otherwise you're back to square one. Most templates don't allow the convenience of drag and drop functionality which will shun newbies from using it. Lastly, it is also best to update your version from time to time to keep your site protected from the numerous hackers lurking in the internet, which is done manually.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Although the alternative products are very high in the ease of usage, it has limited options and I prefer editing all my projects offline first before deploying it to the vastness of the internet. The plugins are also limited compared to WordPress and you'd have to deal with limits to the add-ons you can use in your chosen plan.

Michael from Team Concept Computer Solutions

Easiest PHP CMS to publish and maintain content long term

I recommend this and have implemented Wordpress for many clients. It just works. If you can deal with Microsoft Word you can publish content with Wordpress.

Pros

One of the best things about Wordpress is that it has never really required a migration. Updates are self contained and simple. I've never really encountered an issue that broke backwards compatibility with Wordpress core or core themes. 3rd party themes and plugins i have experienced issues with, but that I see as a different issue from core wordpress. This software is free, is used by some of the most popular website on the internet and has a very large community backing it. Easy to implement, many hosting providers have 1 click installations for ease of use. While other PHP based CMS like Drupal and Joomla are much more feature heavy, they have required a migration to go from one Major release to the next. This is a significant burden for companies with smaller IT staff and or budgets to work around. While there are clear lifecycles for those products on their respective webpages, I've had to manage migrations for clients that were unaware that their two year old website would need a significant upgrade due to end of life of that version of the product. This doesn't happen with Wordpress, no migrations, just updates. Major updates to the core are seamless. i have websites that I implemented in 2008 that are still up with minimal maintenance. That I think is the real power of Wordpress website. Longevity. Since the software is so widely used, there's ample tutorials on the web. It is the most simple of the big 3 PHP CMS to use and maintain in my opinion.

Cons

For websites with multiple contributors, I do wish there was a bit more granularity in access control. Locking down access to certain functionality leaves a bit to be desired. But for a larger website with a need for granular access control, Drupal or PHP is probably a better solution. For a focused website with trusted contributors this is not really an issue.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Each use case has their own best solutions. For small to mid-sized website, Wordpres is an excellent option. I have used Drupal and Joomla as well for different use cases. Wordpress is still the most simple to use and maintain over time.

Samuel from Fuse13

A tool that keeps growing and evolving

Its my go to for 90% of all my web design work. I use a host of different themes and I am getting very used to working with some of the main plugns and extensions such WpBakery, Slider Revolution, etc which make it so much easier and dynamic. Great overall experience.

Pros

The simplicity of use makes it a no brainer. I have worked in web design for 20 years and its a solid safe and reliable tool. Recognised by millions and plugins and themes to keep you busy for life.

Cons

It has quite a narrow base from an architecture point of view. It was built as a blogging tool a long time ago and therefore its footprint or foundations or quite narrow. Nevertheless, it still holds up well to most applications. Due to its limited amount of features you have features added by theme designers which extend its functionality although then you need to learn new functions everytime.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Lighter and easier to use

Wordpress: versatile ma attenzione alla sicurezza

L'introduzione di WordPress nei processi aziendali ha reso veloce e snella la creazione di siti internet di media-grossa complessità. L'aggiornamento delle pagine e veloce e intuitivo, anche se questo aspetto è fortemente influenzato dal tipo di tema scelto. Ha il vantaggio di offrire funzionalità base per utenti meno esperti, ma quando si tratta di personalizzazioni avanzate di plugin e contenuti, occorre una figura Front-End con le giuste conoscenze. Nel complesso, i vantaggi di WordPress superano di gran lunga i difetti. La sua introduzione ha impattato in modo nettamente positivo sui costi di sviluppo e di rilascio di un sito.

Pros

Sono molto soddisfatto delle possibilità offerte dal CMS WordPress, che con la sua flessibilità ha reso molto più snella la pubblicazione e l'aggiornamento di siti che in azienda precedentemente venivano sviluppati con linguaggio C#. La sua integrazione nei processi aziendali è stata indolore, perché lo sviluppo del codice non è stato più a carico del reparto interno, ma ci siamo affidati a temi professionali, per installare e aggiornare i quali è necessaria una figura di sistemista e un front-end. Abbiamo avuto necessità di creare siti complessi con multilingua, e il CMS se l'è cavata bene: abbiamo scelto nel market dei plugin alcune soluzioni interessanti.

Cons

Il suo limite risiede principalmente nelle criticità di sicurezza, per le quali il CMS di per sé ha scarse difese. Abbiamo optato per l'installazione di un plugin che mantiene costantemente monitorato ogni parametro critico, generando un report giornaliero delle vulnerabilità. Per intervenire ed interpretare lo stato della sicurezza è necessaria una figura IT / Sistemistica. Un altro limite a mio avviso, è la scarsa predisposizione verso i progetti di tipo e-commerce, per realizzare i quali abbiamo optato verso altri software CMS.

Iván from intelligenia

Great for building websites in a very short time

I'll keep using WordPress in my company for me and my clients. It's a great product and simply the best free CMS on the market right now.

Pros

Nowdays getting to the first pages of Google is of great importance. WordPress is very SEO friendly which allows you to set up keywords and good practices very easily. Its template ecosystem is huge and this allows you to build nice looking websites in days, not weeks. From the user perspective, WordPress is quite easy to use, and the learning curve is quite plain. Finally, there are plugins for a lot of common functionalities, so if you need something specific not included in WordPress core, there is nearly always a plugin that comes to the rescue.

Cons

WordPress is candy for hackers and you need to put special care into keeping it updated and secure. Fortunately, there are some plugins to help you with this. Anybody can write a plugin and uploaded it to the marketplace. Some malicious people may use this to build a plugin with a backdoor. You need to put special care into installing 3rd party plugins to avoid this kind of security issue.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Wordpress market share is way superior to its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

It's just quicker to build sites in WordPress and having so many plugins and templates available allow us to finish websites in a fraction of the time than with a custom CMS.

Arslan from SKUIRE Technologies

Wordpress changed my view about CMS

Overall I am very much satisfied with WordPress and will definitely recommend my friends and clients to use WordPress for their websites.

Pros

I remember years back I was more of a fan of choosing core PHP apps and websites fr myself and my clients. But when I started using WordPress; it changed my mind. Using WordPress gives the flexibility of using your own written plugins/ child themes as well as the ability to use pre-written plugins and themes from other providers. it saves a lot of time.

Cons

WordPress still has not offered some basic features that have been needed all the time on it. for example the ability to turn off some of its basic features like tags/ taxonomies when needed. its been years it is a popular platform for e-commerce but it doesn't have its native support for e-commerce. we need to install woo commerce or other providers for this.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Magento is very bad in terms of PHP support as it doesn't support older versions of PHP and wildly used MySQL servers. Prestashop lacks developer support as compared to WordPress. there not that man y theme and plugins available for it.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

because using WordPress saves a lot of time and a lot of functions are already ready in WordPress and we just have to configure them.

Managing Your Content Easily & Practically

Wordpress is very functional if you are a careful user and follow innovations. It can satisfy you in all areas. Being free is an advantage. You can add new features to your website with plugins. WordPress websites are responsive, it can run on desktop computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone. It has a user-friendly interface. It is very simple to learn and use. It is a great content management system.

Pros

It's free is a big advantage. It is possible to install with a few clicks without being a full developer. It is possible to establish a website without writing code. It's simple to use. It's easy to find help when you run into trouble. Too many documents can be found.

Cons

It is exposed to numerous attacks due to its large number of users. Malicious people and hackers want to attack these sites, both because there are millions of sites using them and because they are open source code. It is possible that new system vulnerabilities will appear with each release. You should always be vigilant when using this type of software.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

As there are more users, I thought I could get a faster response when I had any problems. The extension library is larger. Most importantly, you are sure that it will work, you will not have any problems. The developer team is highly specialized. They can adapt to current technologies.

NIGEL from nigelparry.net

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

WordPress is awesome but you need a template framework to make it rock

WordPress is free and is regularly updated to address security concerns, fix bugs, and add features. It is a dynamic project that will be around for the foreseeable future and therefore a safe choice for a long term website project.

Pros

I have used WordPress for a decade now. The most widely-used content management software in the world has grown a lot during that decade, with features added that make the software far easier to use and which incorporate standard web design tasks. There are literally thousands of templates created by thousands of designers. The problem with those is that template sets often get abandoned after a few years as designers move on, and do not keep pace with WordPress upgrades. Instead of committing to a soon-to-be obsolete individual template, check out template frameworks. A template framework works like any WordPress theme but bring a host of new features on top of WordPress' default features. Template frameworks add power to WordPress and, maintained by companies, are less likely to become abandonware. Template frameworks rely on child themes, allowing you to learn the functionality of the framework and incorporate that into your regular web work, while keeping the visual design separate. Time spent invested in learning a template framework is less likely to end a few years later with you having to redo the website after a designer abandons updating their template. There are two main template frameworks that people use—StudioPress' Genesis and Elegant Themes' Divi. Both have advantages and disadvantages. People more familiar with programming are likely to find Genesis flexible. Divi has a lot of fun features. Explore frameworks. They take WordPress to the next level.

Cons

The time spent learning WordPress and template frameworks is not trivial. However, the flexibility once you're past the learning curve is worth the effort.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Drupal is a high maintenance, bloated, CMS that you need a degree in programming to use. To be avoided at all costs unless you like pain.

Better features.

Wordpress best C.M.S for developing website faster and easily

First of all it has enabled design and otherwise develop websites faster and easily. It has enabled me create blogs easily for websites rather using the related software's. It has enabled me download themes and use them on different websites. It saves on time since it doesn't require much coding.

Pros

First of all it is popular in todays world since it comes with different themes and plugins. This makes it easier when developing a website thus more people use it rather than the related ones. This WordPress is a free and open source, all you need to have is a WordPress folder and local development servers that is WAMP, MAMP or even XAMPP on your machine. Another thing I like about this software is that it is flexible. This means that it meets all user requirements thus it allows developers and even designers to change the look or layout of their website. Another thing I like about WordPress is its ease of use, all you have to do is create a page and edit with certain plugin. Another thing I like about WordPress is that you can manage your webpage from anywhere anytime from your computer. All you need to have is your WordPress folder together with your login credentials. Being the administrator of WordPress site you can have multiple users to your website and even assign them levels. Lastly it usually comes with a blog whereby you can desire to edit it or not.

Cons

First what I dislike about this software is security. Since the software is free, anyone can get it even access some critical information from your page especially since it relies on plugins and themes that have been developed by various people. WordPress somewhere is expensive. Though there are different themes and plugins that are free, you can completely attract your visitors since they don't have the magnificent features that they need thus you complete more advanced and professional and plugins and themes. Lastly, though we can customize WordPress website, it requires some coding thus you have the knowledge on the required field.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

There is no access to search engine optimization

Peter from Flush the Fashion

The best website software you can use - and it is free!

Wordpress allows anyone to start a website. From a simple blog to a v complicated Ecommerce site. Much better than any paid for hosted alternatives.

Pros

The wordpress community works together to continually improve the basic software to run any kind of website. The software is 100% free and together with a huge amount of free and paid for plugins / themes can be used for eccommerce / blogs you name it. There is also a huge network of users. This allows you find a solution to any problem you might have.

Cons

Sometimes when there is a major update it will take a few weeks to get used to the new version. Sometimes there are compatibility issues with some plugins.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

For start with it is free. It has more users, so you can always find the answer to a problem if you have one.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Is a better and more user-friendly software in comparison

Diego Luis from Psicoquinesis LLC.

Wordpress, the base of all entrepreneurship on the internet.

Since I started using wordpress I have become a fanatic. It has allowed me to create countless web projects, of the highest quality, thus being able to compete with companies from all over the world, and at a professional level. Wordpress has really accompanied me in the growth of my company for years. I would not change it for anything.

Pros

1- Easy to implement. Anyone in just minutes can have a basic and scalable website online, without having to know programming or web design. 2- Short learning curve. In a short time, anyone can become a professional using wordpress. 3- Flexibility. Wordpress allows you to create very powerful sites, and have control of the design, creating custom sites. 4- A very active community of help and creation of resources. You can always find documents, plugins, themes and more ... 5- Scalable. Wordpress allows you to always start and keep your projects updated, but above all it allows you to scale them, turning a site that was once very basic into a true professional project. 6- Infinity of free and paid resources. 7- 100% compatibility. Today wordpress has such a large community of users and developers, that it is almost impossible that there are not companies that do not develop plugins for what one imagines. 8- Competitiveness. Wordpress has allowed me to stay ahead of the game, and compete with professional-level sites, even though it's just me working alone as a freelancer.

Cons

1- with free or freemium themes or plugins many times you do not get all the customization you would like. 2- despite the fact that the Spanish-speaking community that uses wordpress is growing, it is still quite difficult to find so many options for themes or plugins in Spanish, compared to what there is in English, which are far surpassed, having more variety and even quality in some cases.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

i chose wordpress for the reasons mentioned above. Above all for reliability, harmonized power with ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Joomla seemed like a good option at first, and in fact I must confess that I had a certain prejudice in using wordpress, because it did not seem so powerful compared to joomla ... but in the end I began to notice that joomla had a very steep learning curve, especially for someone who needs to start a good project in a short time and with few resources. In joolma it is also very difficult to find so many free things available, as if you find them in wordpress. That is why I think that wordpress is also the best option if you are just starting out and do not want to spend a lot of money on plugins and themes. Joomla also has the disadvantage, in my experience, that it has a confusing and excessively complex dashboard, which takes a long time to get used to, with which many errors are generated when uploading content, because when you are a newbie, you lose a lot time looking between configuration options or blocks within the panel, which are sometimes very similar and that confuses. Then I also found that wordpress was absolutely powerful, and there were no limits to what I could do with it. I verified that his code is elegant and versatile, and that in reality the prejudice that he had about wordpress was not really the truth. Wordpress proved to me to be a very powerful and competitive tool in every way.

The Best Free Website Builder

I love Word Press. I would recommend anyone who wants to start a website to use word press because of the plugins. Also once you learn how to operate the customization features of the site you can do so much for such a small upfront investment. WordPress is great for coaches, marketers, and freelance writer.

Pros

I like that wordpress is compatible with so many amazing plugins. Yoast SEO has saved me hours on keyword research and making sure my article has a good chance to rank in the google search index. And the editor that Wordpress comes with for blogging allows me to easily organize my thoughts into sentences because of how clean it looks.

Cons

The themes that come with the free version of WordPress are not to my liking. I have seen some nice premium themes but the stock ones look very childish and don't feel like a website when I visit my site from another device. When I get some more money I will be sure to invest in some more full looking themes.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I chose WordPress because it has the most flexibility and the best plugins to help me manage my website and get it ranking in google.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I switched to WordPress because I heard it was the best option for people who want flexibility with their website. I saw some YouTubers who also had some deals with web hosting that was compatible with WordPress for a good price.

Lucas from Faith Builders Educational Programs

#1 for the best of reasons

I started with a tiny WooCommerce site, and have since managed several small sites and one larger one. WordPress is the Android of the CMS world: the opposite of a walled garden, it comes with a multitude of possibilities and nearly as many pitfalls. One tip: the right plugins make all the difference. Some of my favorites: SearchWP and FacetWP for content sites, PhastPress, and WooCommerce Services.

Pros

Although setting up WordPress has its pain points (more below) the advantages are so strong that, for budget entrepreneurs and publishers it would be difficult to consider another CMS as competition. I apreciate the open-source model which allows for so many plugins to extend functionality; the price of the core offering (free); the supportive community; and the ability to customize deeply.

Cons

WordPress is an open-source offering. As such, it may not give you the results you want unless you are either comfortable with writing PHP/JS/CSS or paying someone else to do so. However, even a non-technical person can, with a little patience and some good tutorials, set up a functioning site.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

The base offering is free, but you will definitely have to pay at least a little to have your own domain and decent speed. The real reason to choose WordPress is the customizability of the platform.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

We wanted more flexibility to display and share our content.

Kayla from Kayla's Blogs

WordPress and Encouraging Words

I was using an old website and switched over to WordPress. Overall, the customer service experience was ideal. They treated me with respect and did not awkwardly tell me that any question I may have asked was stupid. They emailed multiple times quite efficiently and helped me along the way. It has allowed for my blog to become decently popular and people seem to enjoy what I tend to ramble about. The different templates have worked out well dependent on what topic I am working through.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about WordPress is that it is easy to use when beginning your own blog. Many, don't believe that their blogs will become popular. It can be a place where you rant and maybe one or two people will stumble across your words on the online page, and maybe or maybe not be encouraged. One of the biggest things that is liked the most is that it is workable for both beginners and professional writers. It also comes at a reasonable cost. The templates and features are definitely a step in the write direction for having and obtaining a successful blog. There are multiple features and templates which guide you in the right direction for whatever topic you may be rambling about. It allows for a free option, which many websites do not offer "good" free options. However, if you are looking for a more progressive way to write and capture attentions, the advanced options come at a reasonable price.

Cons

There are very few cons when it comes to WordPress. The only negative for other business owners would be that it does not allow for many other builds. This seems to be directly targeted for writing and creating blogs. It also took a few minutes for me to become accustomed to it when switching from another product. It is crucial that you know some coding in order to be able to use the application properly. The negative to this is that if you do not know much about coding, it will take a while to navigate through most of the application.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Overall, while spending time attempting to use Weebly, many people said it was easier, but I enjoyed WordPress and the easy navigation compared to the confusing application, Weebly.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Squarespace was not allowing me to have quite the successful blog. I spent a lot of time searching and researching before switching over. Squarespace is not bad all around, but wordpress seemed to be easier in regards to leading me towards success.

Marina from Coreixample

Your website is your new business card

I really enjoy using Wordpress as it's so easy to manage the insights. You have analytics that show how the website performs and also you can download different plugins, such as social media icons, multilingual site, shop site, and so on, which makes the customer experience really pleasant.

Pros

I think Wordpress is one of the best softwares for building a website that gets visible on search engines. Besides it's easy to customize your website design. You can even get a nice template and then make it your own.

Cons

You need to know a lit bit of coding and building websites. But if you know the basics you can keep on building your one. Also there are lots of tutorials on how to create a great website for your brand on the Internet. Or even so you can pay someone to build it for you.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I chose WordPress to build my company's website as it was recommended to me by a website designer. Moreover, it provided me a nicer user experience than other website builders.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wix was more expensive than WordPress. And also I prefer Wordpress as it's better as a software and the results are better too.

Stefanos from Freelancer

Wordpress review

I am huge fan of Wordpress and I consider it to be the world's most integrated and fast evolving Content Management system. I use it regularly for all my sites, blogs and WooCommerce shops. I would definitely recommend it to any administrator and end-user.

Pros

I enjoy the fact that Wordpress is very frequently updated and enriched with new cutting edge features. I also enjoy the fact that it supports a multitude of plugins (both free and paid) covering a wide range of applications and thus making Wordpress a very flexible and extensible framework. It is based on open technologies (PHP) and supported by all major web hosting providers as well as by Wordpress.com as an additional hosting option.

Cons

I think more work can be done to improve the ease of use of Wordpress built-in editor. I would like to see it being as close to a standard document editor experience, such as Microsoft Word or Libre/Open Office.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I have decided to use Wordpress over other related products as to my understanding and experience Wordpress has proven to be the easiest to use (the most administrator and end-user intuitive) and most feature-rich CMS available.

Althea from Trambiserra

Industry: Building Materials

The first step across your independence

With the basic account, you don t have a big choise about the graphic design, but just a fixed set that you can increase updating your profile. Check panel is very basic, few options plus, you can choose themes between the two software versions; free themes for Wordpress.org and pay per use for the other, on Themeforest.com

Pros

Right. Meeting Wordpress in the far 2012 was not love at first sight. Indeed, i remind a software downloading on a Macintosh computer , and that period i was training to use IOS server, coming from many years by Android. So it was a difficult meeting, as well i was discovering Wordpress, plus a New pc. What i can say is that it s a very easy to download package. Very low price and many many different activities to discover day by day. Using WordPress you can approach as you are painting on a white paper and let your creativity comes out. There are some Differences you can find between the two versions of this software (free or pay per use). First one is you need an hosting provider to rate a subscription and get in this way many and many plus advantages. No needed for the itgerccerdiin.

Cons

As i said, price is cheap for what you can learn to do. Plus, you can still use WordPress as a training before switch to a better software, yes, it s easy to use WordPress as a springboard , even if you are not so confident with this kind of activities. What i was looking for, was a kind of school to start an immersion in the social media world, but in autonomy mood. I thought it was the time to learn How to do by my own , to manage the informations and the pictures i would like to show, and to be honest, my first WordPress account was not a Professional, but a private account Created only to improve my knowledge.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Obviously as I said, I approached WordPress to improve my own knowledge, because by many counseling and reviews I thought it was easy as first step to build my own internet website. And so, I don t have any other idea about other software. But what I can say is WordPress is growing as quickly as it can. Few years ago, talking about 8/10 years ago..it was considered something like a challenging brand. But now, it grew up, and I hear from many companies use it, so I consider its success in climb.

Ntando Eben from Privateclient Services

Easy for a novice

A really great tool for someone just starting out in building websites either for themselves or clients. Once you grasp the basics of how wordpress works, the rest is a breeze. Everything you could have as a question is answered on official and un official posts on youtube. The templates have saved me tons of time and added to the creative brain storming of site looks.

Pros

As a novice just over a year ago, I was able to get started and experiment in a safe offline environment before publishing content. Once I learnt about the hundreds of plugins that make each project magical, the sky became the limit. I absolutely love that you can make it as stunning or as subtle as you want.

Cons

I am not a fan of the constant plugin updates. almost every week, there are a few plugins needing updates. I get nervous as in the back of my mind, updates may affect an already published site. So all my updates are prompted and not auto updating. I then review how critical the update is and then update as and when needed.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Ease of use and adaptability. I must say though that shopify is slowly catching up with their apps now available that do similar functions. Shopify pricing structure though, still makes it a nice to have and not a necessity for building and scaling.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I was looking for a versatile product that does not tie me in to designs and solutions that only they have. Word press has tons of plugins developed by outside developers that add so much value and make it truely open to all.

Aleksander from Swing Development (SwingDev)

Great for quick development for your clients

It was a pleasant journey. I've been using/editing/building WordPress websites for the last 3-4 years. I learned a lot and saved tons of time using it. I'd highly recommend it for most of the people as it has a very pleasant UI and it's easy to use even for not tech people - your client.

Pros

The community. It has a wide support for the plugins. You can find almost any plugin you would think of. There are lots of tutorials/questions etc. on the internet too which makes it easy to deal with your problems. There are plenty of cheap option to host your Wordpress instance, which is a big plus. There is also a lot of themes you can use for free, but also lots of high quality paid ones (that are not expensive too).

Cons

Code quolity. Even though there are lots of plugins and themes, usually their code quality is poor. It's hard to add new features to already existing themes or change something. It's easi to write your own custom theme, but it requires way higher budget for the project, which is not a common thing.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Price, community and number of themes. There are some cheaper alternatives on the market, but the support for them is not as good as for Wordpress.

jeff from mainstreethost

WordPress is a well rounded website builder

i've been using wordpress for 6+ years and out of most of the website builders out there wordpress offers the best user experience for the cost. I highly recommend looking into wordpress if you are considering building a website.

Pros

Wordpress offers everything you could possibly need when it comes to building an basic to advanced website as well as e-commerce. There is a full archive of templates and themes to pick from that allows you to create a genuine website that doesn't look like all the other template based websites out there. Aside from the themes and template when it comes to building the site, you have access to a massive archive of plugins that allows you to add all sorts of different functions and features.

Cons

the biggest issue i have with Wordpress is the most recent update they made "Gutenberg". It changed how you go about editing pages in the back end of the site and i understand what they are trying to do, but it's still a little clunky and they need to refine it.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

over the years Wordpress has evolved to provide a website platform to meets the needs of anyone trying to build a website. The design features and the SEO capabilities allows you to compete in whatever market you are in

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Joomla! was not keeping up with the times and the requirements of today's webstie

Tamara from Engaged Marketing

The best option for building your own personalized website

Make sure to not get wordpress.com and wordpress.org mixed up (common newb mixup). Wordpress.com is for simple free blogging plateform with simple templates. Wordpress.org is for personalized websites. Any website you can think of. Its more than likely built on wordpress. I have a degree in graphic and web design (as well as coding) and I did web projects along side IT. I have heard from lot of IT/coding web developers that they aren't crazy about wordpress. I felt at times though, IT hated it because it wasn't pure code and other things that I wouldn't understand since I'm not IT (again, just my personal opinion). Wordpress is build with PHP code but the backend "dashboard" allows for easy navigation for beginner users as well as advance. When given the chance to use a page builder and code on wordpress - I think its the perfect mix. Rather than just pure code or only a page builder. The options for design and interactive website are endless. So I guess what I am trying to say is - have an open mind to it. There are sooo many tutorials out there to show you how to use wordpress and the many page builder plugins. Some places to look: Linkedin learning (cost to use but can usually get a free subscription through a public library), youtube, elementor on youtube...).

Pros

Wordpress is an incredible plateform for people that are looking to built websites from beginner to advance with or without having to use code (in place of wix, squarespace..etc). Also some things to note, wordpress as a company is all about education, teaching the user, and connecting like minded people together. I went to a conference they offer in st.louis called wordcamp. Please....Please go to it! So many amazing people, speakers, and updates on the latest things wordpress, plugins..etc (plus lots of free stuff!). Wordpress is constantly dealing with security attacks so they are always looking for insight to make wordpress stronger. Its a community built software. They are all about open web and will fight against companies or political laws that would try to make the internet cost money to use, limit use, or completely rid it of personal use. The brains behind wordpress is quite incredible just from listening to some sessions at the wordcamp conference.

Cons

I personally do not like their gutenberg page builder (the reviews on it are rough). So I use elementor pro to build my websites (honestly the best page builder in my personal opinion). I haven't tried to spend to much time learning gutenberg because I know how to use Elementor page builder plugin really well. But I can't say I have really anything to negative about wordpress. Its an open source plateform - free to the public and they are constantly striving to make a users experience better and better.

Vassilis from NEUROPUBLIC S.A.

Industry: Information Services

The platform to host your website

I started my WordPress-powered personal blog in 2009 and since then I have managed numerous WordPress-powered websites and blogs for research projects, small companies, Conference & event websites etc. I have been responsible for setting up the functionalities and content and everything is running smoothly, especially with the support of IT teams, when needed. Collaboration with other users in WordPress is easy, as I could assign different roles to them and since they were familiar with MS Word, they could properly format their texts with the Rich Text Editor of WordPress. What's important is that integration of multimedia files in posts was always easy with WordPress, something really important if you want to make your posts visually appealing. With new functionalities coming with each new version, things are always much easier and faster.

Pros

I have been using WordPress since about 2009, when I started my first personal blog on Wordpress.com - and it is still up and running. I love WordPress because it is probably the most user-friendly platform to start blogging or a website. There are lots of options - both free and paid - in terms of functionalities and appearance and you can easily build your own ones if you are an expert. A great advantage is the huge user community out there, always willing to help; when I have a question, the answer is usually already out there.

Cons

As expected, the Wordpress.com-hosted websites and blogs have limitations in functionality (i.e. the installation of plugins and add-ons), but there is always the option to self-host your site so you can have full access to the wealth of features.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

The same as described above, the ones that made me make the switch.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Back when I was really active with blogs, there was no option for self-hosting a Blogspot blog. In addition, Blogspot lacked add-ons, plugins, themes (only some basic predefined ones) - so there were limited options for personalization - and mostly support. Even text formatting had issues, so it was hard to go for a Blogspot blog at that time and WordPress seemed like the most rational move. I see that now there have been some updates in Blogspot but seems too late for me now to go back.

Luana from Conductor

The best platform for your online business

I've been using Wordpress for over 2 years and I don't leave this platform for anything. It is the platform that I use in my digital business and it is certainly the one that offers the best support and customization possibilities to meet my needs. I can use the platform alone, even without the help of a professional developer. It's super easy to use! I highly recommend it!

Pros

It is the best and biggest platform for creating content I have ever known. Wordpress allows you to have very high quality websites, for a super symbolic price. The platform offers several types of Plugins to improve your business, in addition to offering super complete layouts and easy to change, either in the free option or in paid options. Virtually everything within wordpress is customizable to meet the user's needs and certainly even for those who do not have much knowledge on WEB platforms, it is a product that helps a lot and has a super interesting learning curve. It's super intuitive and anyone can set up their business, even without the help of a professional or developer. In addition, it is a platform widely used worldwide, which allows much material on wordpress to be developed on the internet. It's the best!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Wordpress, it's the platform I use in my digital business and I don't change it for another.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I chose Wordpress because it is the most complete platform, offering more resources to customize your website, in a super easy and intuitive way. In addition, it has the most professional appearance and the best cost-benefit ratio.

Sebastian from Performing Equity Ltd.

Best CMS and Future Proof

I've been using WordPress since 2010 and haven't come across anything better. I've tried Drupal, Joomla, Wix and studied web development to build websites from zero. It can be easy enough for starters with little to no coding experience, but also offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users.

Pros

The number of plugins and how it offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users. For a new user, it might be hard to choose a theme but your best bet is with Divi or Elementor. You can build anything with them and won't have to edit the theme code to customize things with the risk of breaking it.

Cons

You need to be careful when updating WP, your theme, and plugins. I recommend setting up a staging subdomain to test everything before doing it on the live website.

It's open source

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Better open source platform with more developers releasing plugins, updates and themes.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

Best Choice for Almost Every Website

I started working with WordPress about 4 years ago and I am still working with it. WordPress is very flexible and you can create 'almost every' kind of website with it. As a WordPress Freelancer, I have created blogs, e-commerce stores, static business sites, and many more for my clients and both me and my clients love WordPress. It's really easy to work with - even non-technical persons can operate it and customize it. I have almost no complaints with WordPress.

Pros

Most people are afraid of creating a website because it's hard and expensive. And that's where WordPress comes in - with WordPress we can create a great website easily at low cost. It's very easy to create a great looking and functioning site as WordPress has thousands of plugins and themes available online. Since WordPress is Open Source- we get the power of thousands of developers around the world. This is what I like the most about WordPress. For example - If we build a custom website and there's a security issue, we have to pay a good sum of money to security engineers to fix the issue. But if WordPress has security issue - developers around the world work together to fix the issue and we don't have to pay for it. I absolutely love this.

Cons

While creating a website in WordPress is a fast process - WordPress sites are generally slower. WordPress has many features - and you probably don't need all of them. This becomes critical when you start using site builders, page builders, plugins etc - most of them have more features than what you probably need and they bloat your site. Due to this - site slows down even more. But with proper optimization - WordPress can run blazingly fast. I have seen many WordPress sites which load in a fraction of second and many WordPress sites which take tens of seconds to load.

Eddie from Central Christian Church

Wordpress, Web Management and Publishing For The Masses

I simply love Wordpress, it is one of the most intuitive Web management systems out in the field today and you simply have so much potential.

Pros

Wordpress has to be the de-facto web management and publishing software of the the second part of the millennium. It ease of use and abundant documentation makes this an easy skill to pick up for even the most novice of users. It's ease of use should not dissuade the person looking for a broad feature set that would please even the most picky web admin, it is truly easy and powerful. I would be remised if i did not say it's free for all of the core features, and can be extended with countless other tools and plugins available in its very robust plugin gallery.

Cons

Wordpress is like a Swiss Army Knife of web development and as such can be slow to get into, dimply due to the fact of having to delve thru many pieces of documentation to get up to speed. But once you do, that's when the fun begins.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I made the with from Joomla because it felt like Wordpress was better managed, at least it core code base is very well tended to and has a broad support base.

Emir from BH Telecom

Best way to make a webpage or more is to use Wordpress

Really great to use, simple yet scalable. I've seen solutions for small companies, and enterprise websites made with Wordpress. It is Swiss army knife for building Webpages. Since elementor plugin was released you don neet any HTML or PHP knowledge. Making websites becomes drag and drop puzzle.

Pros

When you type in Wordpress in google, youtube or bing in matter of seconds you get basic, advanced or ninja level tutorials how to make a webpage. When you learn basics (2-3 weeks) you can make decent webpages for allmost anybody. Superb plugin/theme and forum support make this product superior to any other product. I never encounter problem which i could not figure out with fer minutes or hours of googleing.

Cons

Usage depends on speed of hosting servers. I had different versions and different solutions implemented. I found out that 90% of problems are hosting related, other 10% is related for not buying some premium features.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

User friendly, my colleuge is expert so i had someone to nag.

Less security issues

WordPress for My Online Freelance Business

I have built all three of my websites on the WordPress platform which allows me to learn more about the features and plugin but even I am still learning more about what this platform offers the new and seasoned business owners, as well as the serious writer and hobby bloggers. Over the years the amazing features and beautiful themes that are easy to incorporate into the blog or website whenever you need it or you just want to redesign your little site.

Pros

I am really happy that WordPress is pretty easy to use for a brand new beginner or an seasoned expert, which I am not even close to achieving yet. I have experience in building for myself and for clients, but I always have chosen and recommended building a website or blogging site on WordPress. My clients love building on this platform, as well as always using the extremely simple ways to add and delete things from the site quickly.

Cons

Some of the features and plugin provided by WordPress can literally be so complicated that a person may need to take a class or get in and also users can just skip using these items in their new blog. They can learn in their own free time and then add it to their blog as they go. The blog owner can find tutorials that will teach them all they need to know about a feature or plugin, as well as giving them step by step guide to placing in it in your blog or website as active.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I chose WordPress because of my hands-on knowledge and designing experience that I had as a builder on this blogging platform in the past. First, I considered checking out the other building platforms due to price and whether they would work for my needs, but they weren't easy for me to understand as a beginner to be honest and Blogger was to plain. My grasp of Wordpress grounded in the fact I used this platform as I built and design my three sites, as well as my clients site I made in the recent past. The quick and easy ways to add a post or build a new page for a site is the main reason this platform is popular with my self. These clients are happy with the way the blog is created quickly in this platform as simple yet professional looking themes can be chosen and applied with ease. The content on the website or blog can be updated by mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Building pages and blogs properly with the correct content which allows the visitor to know exactly what the site is about or how the blog is useful to their life. I always have believed that WordPress offers the most themes that allow the designers to find unique designs and add features, with highly customizable or just standard plugins and widgets which are unique and serve a special purpose as well. Every person has their own favorite blogging platform but I personally will always reccomend my favorite WordPress desiging platform.

Bijay from Prasad Trading

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Best Website Builder I ever Used

My overall experience with WordPress was quite well, actually. I enjoy using their dynamic features all the time. With WordPress I started getting more leads for my company and reached potential customers as well. And I have never encountered any issues with WordPress till now.

Pros

I like WordPress mostly because of their easy website building process, features, and support. WordPress provides easy drag and drop platform, for nontechies like us to start building our own website as we always wanted. And the most exciting feature about WordPress is that we can use it on any devices whether it's a pc or mobile or a tablet.

Cons

The last thing I don't like about WordPress is that while designing the pages, I get stuck sometimes for fewer seconds, and in the next moment, it starts working well.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

WordPress is the best of the best among any other website builder available, in this era. WordPress has all I need to build a website from scratch.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I switched my website from blogger to wordpress because Wordpress has many key features that blogger dosen't have and on the other hand, I was unable to create website store on blogger, but after switching to wordpress, I did it very well and made a dashing website.

Keller from Leadsurance

WordPress is the best CMS

We have built entire online businesses using WordPress to market products and services, make sales transactions through the website, and continue to support customers online after their purchase.

Pros

WordPress is the most flexible CMS and website development platform isn't he market. There is a reason that around 1/3 of the internet is built on WordPress and that is because it truly is the best CMS available. I can't imagine a better product backed by a better community.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for developing complex websites but that is true for any website development platform.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

The plug-in directory that comes with WordPress is amazing and so is the community that backs the platform.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Drupal was limited in features. It did not have the community behind it offering support along the way.

Qamar from Sarena Industries

Wordpress for Web devolpment and SEO

Best site to develop e shop online shopping, introducing sites, some technical sites too, ERP invoicing plugins are too available, while it can also be configured with existing ERP with customized pages and access, Image gallery, video caption and form, posts tagging is good for SEO, Beautiful free/paid themes which beautify the look of menus and navigation.

Pros

Easier to install and build a web with a few clicks, adds-on, plugins are awesome which make the website with advanced feature, page management, discussion forum can be configured. Search engine optimization tools are pre built in, and easily integrated with social media plate form like, Facebook, twitter and YouTube etc.. File manager and development with coding is easier by many shortcut and WPs own defined codes/scripts, wide open support is available for development or customization.

Cons

Many bugs are found even in paid plugins, some plugins are vulnerable for website, i.e. no plugin scanned while published it to WP store. Installation configuration directory is not auto removed which can be used to attack, while admin panel access on directory is not random logarithm based, i.e. many times admin panel can be tried.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Word press has best tool for seo, easier to configure, large library of plugins.

Chris from Bookkeyping

Facilitating my online business!

As I mentioned earlier, my journey with Wordpress has been mainly positive. Of course with every piece of software you have your off days, however these small challenges have been easily overcome and resolved.

Pros

Wordpress has allowed me to enter the online world in a way that I could never have imagined. The flexibility of the software, with all the additional plugins available, provides me with the vehicle to reach people that I would not normally have reached with traditional means of marketing. Today, I base my entire online branding and marketing within the Wordpress environment and I have never regretted it.

Cons

I have to admit, the learning curve at the beginning was daunting. However, after I completed a few free online tutorials and watched many Youtube videos, I quickly cottoned onto how the environment works and have been happy with the decision to move onto Wordpress ever since. I think one of the biggest challenges at the moment is plugin capatibility - which is not an issue with Wordpress. It depends entirely on the robustness of the plugin developers coding. Staying on top of the updates for the wordpress core is also a small hurdle that I must remind myself to perform every now and again.

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

I preferred the flexibility that Wordpress offered - which has been a big game changer for my business.

Nadia from Self

WordPress gives you control, tons of features and a great platform!

WordPress has allowed me to create a seamless user experience in terms of blogging and selling. It offers unlimited options to customize my offerings, website and blog. I have seen an increase in SEO while using WordPress and appreciate that I entirely own my website rather than relying on a platform.

Pros

I love that I can customize the design and plugins on WordPress. I have a lot of control and can tweak things for optimal SEO, as well. WordPress offers unlimited options and a great deal of nimble features that can secure your site, make it beautiful, add functionality and much more. It's definitely a great option for long-term bloggers, stores and more.

Cons

I find it a bit challenging to design in comparison to something like Squarespace. But I think this tradeoff is worth it for better SEO and more control. I also find it a bit less intuitive, but with practice it gets much easier to maneuver around the platform. I have heard it can be more susceptible to attacks but haven't had any problems myself.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

I really loved the ease of using Squarespace but no matter how much I tinkered, I couldn't improve my SEO on Squarespace. I also found it limiting in terms of placing ads and other similar features. Lastly, their customer service is limited on topics like SEO. They simply direct you to articles and can't offer any detailed advice or information.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 13,099 reviews