• Pros

• "Ease of use and flexibility. I have enjoyed using the product over the last nine years. I would recommend it."

• "Very easy to upload reports into the system. E-Builder has a very supportive customer service department. I have used them several times and they were super quick and helpful in solving my issues."

• "Ever changing for the better - This system is very forward facing and I like the fact that you are always looking at how to better your product."

• Cons

• "Schedule module can be clunky & somewhat inflexible. User manual helpful but could be vastly improved."

• "There are a handful of improvements that we are working with our account manager to get addressed but this doesn't always seem to be a quick process"

• "tailored nature of processes makes it a little hard to communicate with customer support. Mobile app could be more user friendly."

Browse e-Builder Reviews

Giuseppe from Mott MacDonald

Industry: Civil Engineering

User friendly system and allows you to capture information necessary for your project.

Good financial reporting on projects and status of where things sit with what actor. Hold accountability with PMs, Directors, and Executive Directors. Very good auditing tool that can help score performance on internal staff and outside consultants or contractors.

Pros

Easy to build reports and dashboards. Building customized reports and workflows. Easy to use system. Allows everything to tie back to a project, include cost, budget, documents, forms, invoices, change orders, task orders, etc.

Cons

System runs slow around noon-3pm EST. As an EB Admin, certain functionalities when creating forms are uneditable or would require you to remove a field and start over again. Dashboards do not quickly refresh with up to date changes made in processes or reports. Sometimes it takes almost 6hrs to refresh a dashboard based on new changes. Would like to see more online youtube training videos on certain modules (i.e., BI Reports, Schedule, Cashflows, etc.)

Nasser from City of Sunnyvale

Industry: Civil Engineering

End of File Cabinets and spreadsheets Era!

eBuilder has allowed the City of Sunnyvale Public Works Engineering Division to get out of time consuming and inefficient paper workflows and jump into web based project management. Being able to access project data online from anywhere and at any time gives our inspectors, project managers and executives immediate boost in making better assessments and decisions. eBuilder costs more than some other off the shelf software packages to implement and adopt but its software is customizable. Through guidance and hard work during implementation and adoption, the City managed to mirror existing workflows, procedures and authorizations into eBuilder modules and processes. The offered Cost, Schedule, Reporting, Dashboards and other modules allows us to manage projects data, costs, schedules in a much more efficient way than we ever used to. We spent valuable time in ensuring that project data includes the fields that we want to report on and create executive dashboards for. Currently we can generate reports in seconds and our executive dashboards update automatically. Ease of tweaking reports to meet specific needs cannot be underestimated in terms of time efficiency. This is so much easier than sorting, cutting, pasting and generating charts with an excel spreadsheet. Currently we have all out projects in ebuilder. Use of eBuilder has made our lives so much easier especially in construction since our RFIs, RFQs, change orders preauthorization, changes orders, progress payments and submittals are all processed electronically via eBuilder customized processes. Use of digital signature and digital routing has saved us so much time in printing paper, manual signatures, scanning, emailing, filing, etc. After using eBuilder, project records that needed a whole filing cabinet drawer in the past shrunk to a mere 1 thick folder! Our lead Admin has learned how to customize eBuilder so we are continuously improving our processes to make our jobs more efficient. I must add that eBuilder 24-hour customer support service is the best free service we have received from anyone. The support service will take your call at any time and do their best to help you without any complaints. They have made needed adjustments after adoption so much easier without costing the City a dime. In conclusion, the City of Sunnyvale is very pleased with eBuilder. The City Manager and Council are very pleased with the Engineering adoption of technology and use of eBuilder.

Mike from H&H

I am a contractor that has been forced to use e-builder because the agency I am currently working for is currently using it.

I would really encourage you to think this out. E-builder is a gimmick, and a waste of time and money.

Pros

I do not like anything about this product. E-builder attempts to solve a problem that never existed, which in turn only creates problems. I receive on average 50 email per day from e-builder, and 99% of them do not apply to me. Therefore my email inbox was getting flooded with emails, and made it difficult to find what I was looking for. I then created an outlook folder for the e-builder emails so they stay out of my inbox. Now I have problem that I do not receive notifications when the emails come through, and I cannot view those emails from my iPhone, because they are in a different outlook folder.

Cons

The RFI/Change Order/Billing process used to be easy prior to using e-builder. E-builder has created a number of processes and steps that have to be completed by people on each side before it can get advanced to the next level. These processes used to be as easy as sending an email to the right individual. Now if a certain individual in e-builder drops the ball, it holds up the whole process. On average (a small business) the Port has been paying us a month late every month because of the problems with e-builder.

Jedd from BYU-Idaho

Recent e-Builder Deployment

We started looking at cloud-based project management software packages in 2008. After deploying a product that ended up not being a good fit for our company we approached e-Builder in mid-2015 and went live in January of 2016. As they say, the rest is history.

Pros

The system is flexible, forgiving, intuitive, configurable, and extremely robust. The system works as advertised and as expected. e-Builder is always willing to address our comments and concerns and communicates the status of known issues. There isn't just one thing I like about the product, there are many. The cost module reflects true construction cost accounting with the ability to track multiple funding sources, budgets, commitments, and expenses. The process module is highly configurable to meet our unique process needs. We can easily reconfigure things without contacting e-Builder. The document feature has many bonus features to enable uploading, sharing, redlining, etc. of drawings and documents. All documents loaded into the system through other modules (i.e. cost, calendar, process, etc.) land in the actual document module as anticipated and expected. The reporting module is extremely robust, providing real time data relative to projects, costs, etc. The bidding module has greatly simplified and reduced our work load. Our bidding process is practically automated now. The mail merge feature is awesome! We've integrated with DocuSign which has simplified approvals and signatures. The meeting minutes feature in the calendar module enables easy tracking of minutes. And on, and on, and on.

Cons

The thing I like least has nothing to do with the product or the vendor. I'm frustrated with individual user's inability to truly adopt the product and change how they do things. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks.

Justin from WFT Engineering, Inc.

Used to hate it, now I tolerate it

Pros

+Extremely customisable. This is construction management software that you can tailor to fit the needs of your project. I've used e-Builder for three (3) different higher education institutions and each University is able to tailor e-Builder to fit the project's needs. +Notifications. E-Builder will email you a notification when you have a RFI to respond to, when you have a submittal to review, when you've been copied on a RFI response, etc. This is very helpful and allows you to notify multiple individuals at once through the software. It also keeps a record. +Documentation. E-Builder is meant to store documentation and it does excel in this. I've used e-Builder to access submittals, RFIs, drawing revisions, etc. on long term projects (24-36 month construction) when sometimes the documentation was uploaded years back. E-Builder does not put a time limit on an upload, so you can always access it.

Cons

-Training is definitely required to use e-Builder. It can be confusing with different terminologies used such as "forms", "processes", etc. I just need to find submittals and RFIs but can easily get lost. Without training, it is easy to hate e-Builder, just like I did in the beginning. -Cost - this is not a cheap software and licenses can be costly.

Crystal-Rose from CLT Aviation

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

e-Builder for the Admin

Previously, our company relied on paper, scanned documents and e-mail. Slowly but surely we are transferring all of our business processes for the entire enterprise made up of approximately 12 divisions into e-Builder. Several processes including procurement, invoice requests, budget requests, change requests, contingency transfers, etc. have all been successfully rolled out and are being maintained in the system while we expand to other departments like Admin & HR, Operations, Facilities, Business & Revenue, Technology, etc. as we continue to develop the software as an enterprise warehouse for all our business needs.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use not only for end-users but especially for the client system admins. Whether it's setting up projects, users, roles, processes, reports, dashboards, etc. the navigation and setup for all are intuitive and user friendly that anyone with typical technical skills could successfully use with little to no training or direction.

Cons

Though the system is very easy to use and setup, this is mostly because clients to not have access to the hard-coded data. Typically this is not a problem but there are limitations that come up from time to time like the ability to edit/remove standard and default fields or search functionality and options in different modules.

David from BYUI

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A great project management package for design and construction.

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Pros

Three features in particular have made my job easier. First, processes are standardized and automated. There is no longer any guesswork as to how something was done, where the paperwork is, or who is holding up holding things up. Second, everything is documented as a byproduct of working through a process. Emails, internally generated documents, contracts, changes orders, submittals, etc. are captured and stored for easy reference. Third, no more paper. We have eliminated scores of filing cabinets, including those storing record documents from previous projects, and everything is now available digitally where ever I go.

Cons

Design reviews are frustrating. They require everyone on the distribution list to reply before the process can proceed. In our organization there are some individuals who need to be included in the design review but often do not respond. We typically have an administrator override and terminate the process. I wish there was an option to automatically close the process at the due date.

Emmanuel from VINCI Concessions

Industry: Facilities Services

Good experience and better than software like Aconex

All the documents are recorded one place and they reachable through the web everywhere.

Pros

Well organized for Program Management. The way the different workflows are set up makes it easy to use.

Cons

Not easy to distinguish between the gray documents (Inactive) and the active ones. The notifications are not customized enough.

Nathaniel from Target Building Construction, Inc.

I use it to submit submittals and RFI's and it helps keeps everything I need for the project organiz

By using this product I am to track when everything goes in for review and when it gets returned. No matter how long ago it happens this keeps a good and clean record of everything that happens during the project.

Pros

It is easy to use and it doesn't take long to learn. I was placed onto a project that uses e-builder exclusively and I needed to be able to start using it by the end of the week and after the first couple submittals I was able to pick it up.

Cons

I could use a couple more options for the "Field Reports" section. There are moments when I am placing my reports from a site visit and I do not have an appropriate place to file it.

Darlene from Dade-County Water & Sewer

Industry: Utilities

Navigating Through Workflow Processes

My overall training experience with e-Builder was great, because the trainer maid sure I understood how to navigate through all the processes I will be using, and she also offer assistant if I should need it later.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is tracked electronically, and when date is entered into the system its entered the same way by all reps, which makes the search for information more readily accessible.

Cons

What I find that might be a little frustrating; is not being able to find information on a project, but this could be because I'm just beginning to use the system.

Doris from Cotter Consulting

Sometimes a Harmonica Is More Appropriate than an Orchestra

I am a Materials Coordinator. Per my Agency's format- I am mostly in folders: Progress Photos ("04"-07); 03-01-09; 03-08 through 12-all subfolders; 03-16-01-all subfolders; 03-16 & 17-all subfolders. I look at submittals via Submittal Register. Processes I use most is consultant daily activity report (DR_) and equipment report (DARCA).

Pros

It is a method to get at much info into an electronic format. As in the Microsoft Office software, the method of entering info into e-Builder vary from Process to Submittal, etc. In short, no consistency. I use the file naming convention format for record keeping for non-e-Builder projects.

Cons

Unable to get a simple Excel list of file names, with upload date (a harmonica), found in a folder directly from e-Builder software. It drives me nuts I can only see two or three documents in the tiny window when I do materials review & file naming consistency. I create my own Excel sheet manually. I select an individual document, "Properties", copy the file name into an Excel spreadsheet-repeat steps. When a log can be created directly from e-Builder (an orchestra), it is in WORD (useless for sorting) in narrow columns stuffing long file names in multiple rows & extra useless verbiage filling the remaining columns. It can be edited, with the time wasted doing that, create an Excel spreadsheet manually. In the file naming convention, there is no File TYPE ID to identify material certification info (photo of object's marking, pdf of paper tag, cutsheet) collected in the field. Currently I use "MS_" for "Materials Sh**t." Sorting by "MS_" brings up lots of "Miscellaneous" documents when doing closeout review. Adding suffice "TAG_" would help; it appears to not conflict with the current file naming File TYPE IDs.

Cylix from Providence Health & Services

Good system that is constantly improving

Great system, keep up the good work. You have a good team of intelligent programmers and customer service providers. Having a road map and plan for the direction of the group is imperative and will keep the creative people focused on where the application needs to go. There are little bugs here and there in the system, or parts that do not function exactly as we want causing us to create work-arounds.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive, the modules are helpful and the functions are logical. We have had success in generating reports that executives can use to make strategic company-wide decisions as construction consumes the most capital resources available.

Cons

There are some functions and features that could be improved as they are starting to compete with other applications available. As an example we want to use the schedule module more but the Microsoft project application is much easier so we end up importing MS project files instead of generating the original project schedules in eBuilder. We want all-in-one most of the time but it would require integration with MS products or building a clone which we understand is time consuming and expensive.

Dennis from Inova Health System

Great Project Management Software

We think e-Builder is a great product. We have been using e-Builder to manage capital projects since 2009. We added our Facility Engineering budgets and projects in 2012. We use all of the e-Builder modules. We use processes extensively to control both the flow of information; i.e., RFI, ASI, POC, etc. and cost; i.e., budget changes, contract and PO approvals, AFP and invoices. We using the bidding module heavily. Also, e-Builder is integrated with our financial system software allowing us to expedite vendor payments after they are approved in e-Builder.

Pros

The ability to create and modify workflow processes to standardize these activities and provide visibility of their status at any step in the process. The responsiveness of the customer support that we receive on those rare occassions when we have an issue with the software or want to implement a non-standard modfication.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

e-Builder is a fantastic system! It captures so much data that is useful for decision making.

Pros

e-Builder is a great product for owners who manage large capital budgets with many projects. The cost module interfaces with out GL system so there is no duplicate entry into a capital software. This means increased financial controls but it's great to have all of the information in one place. The e-Builder development team is great at responding to client suggestions and they are continually upgrading the system to make it a powerful tool that is extremely user-friendly.

Cons

Granting permissions in the folders is cumbersome if management likes continual change. We have a director who is constantly wanting changes and permission changes are not the easiest to make when you have a large folder structure built with subfolders like in Windows. It would be nice to be able to grant separate permissions for specific tasks but the permissions are set for groups of items. It makes sense but also limits the permissions the system administrator can grant to others.

Giuseppe from Mott MacDonald

Industry: Utilities

Senior Project Manager (EB Admin)

This system has been very helpful with locating where forms, invoices, contractor pay apps, task orders, and etc are in the process. In addition, identifying where the bottlenecks are and allowing us to quickly address them to either remodify the workflow or provide additional training/support to staff within the process. Great reporting tool as well for urgent requests by upper or executive level management.

Pros

System is user friendly, nice to track what is sitting in peoples "current step", report wizard is nice to help generate ad hoc reports, and cost summary hold people accountable to how much is budgeted for their project.

Cons

Show more video demonstration on different BI reports and Dashboards. Have standard dashboards step up from EB. Do a workshop on how to setup a BI Dashboard and see if others in EB community can share theirs. Other simple video demos on Import Tools (i.e., project imports, etc) More improvement on Planning Module. Many of the features and functions see to be tedious or extra clicking or difficult to run cash flow by month. Video demo on Scheduling module and setting up a schedule for a project and running a cash flow. Then run a nice dashboard to show the project with cash flow curves and project details.

Boyd from Broaddus & Associates

Happy user for almost 10 years

Improved project management. Drives consistent application of project management processes.

Pros

Strong program focused on helping Owners efficiently manage capital projects through the design and construction process. Flexible processes allow Owners to customize process flows to match their unique needs. Ability to integrate a wide variety of project team members into the processes helps maximize process efficiency and collaboration. Reports for day to day use are easy to set up, flexible and functional.

Cons

Schedule module is still clunky. Difficult to drawn data from across modules to create certain types of comprehensive reports. In some cases data must be downloaded to Excel and further manipulated to capture desired analysis. Licensing cost structure can make it cost prohibitive to include project team members outside of the Owner's staff and take full advantage of the collaborate potential of the software.

Daniel from Howard Hughes Corp.

Powerful Software -

I do appreciate the support team, i've been on that side of software before. Thanks for all the work you guys do. Also, thanks to the other teams at e-Builder that make all the magic happen behind the scenes.

Pros

Customization of independent processes allow multiple departments to interact within the same workflows. Version control on documents module always keeps document organized and easily accessible. The use of reporting to extract the data needed is always a plus. The future expansion of the APIs is going to make this software even more powerful!

Cons

Some high priority bugs still take to long to get resolved. Replication of certain bugs limit the eb development team to fix issues in a timely manner. --- Some items cannot sit in a process or whatnot, waiting for the eB dev team to look into the issue. Some things have to move at the speed of payments.

Tim from City of Portland, BES

August 2016

e-Builder works great for streamlining government agency processes

Pros

Reporting is awesome and very powerful. Processes really streamline our efficiency. Help menu is very detailed and has information for almost everything you can imagine. Many advanced features that have the ability to vastly improve how projects are managed if used correctly.

Cons

There are multiple "modules" in the software (processes, reports, cost, schedule, submittals, etc.) and for the most part there is not cross-module communication. This leads to issues with mail merges and reporting not always being able to pull in the information needed. There is an e-Builder Community function which is a nice idea but could be so much better. It needs a visual overhaul and should be a hub for all the different companies that use the software to share there ideas. Instead it is mostly used for people to post enhancement requests, with very little e-Builder response.

Foteinos from SHoP

Pier 17 - Architect Experience

We've been using E-Builder the past 3 years for the project and I admit that as we were evolving the way that we were using the platform through the years, as well as the several updates that E-Builder did have improved the experience. Overall, there have not been major issues in the process between architect - contractor, apart from some instances that we are currently facing where there is some sort of bug that creates a numbering issues at the submittals ID. Although we have found a temporary solution (between contractor and architect) to keep the work going, we believe that such an issue is creating a disorganized archive of all the submittals and should be avoided. Other than that, we do believe there is still some more room for better user experience at the platform. Lastly, at times the loading time between pages while browsing in E-Builder, takes more than normal, slowing down the process.

Pros

Cleanness of all open items on one's court

Cons

Loading time between pages

Mark from University of Cincinnati

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very good product, but can be difficult to learn because it has so much functionality

This software has made access to files and project information from multiple locations much easier. It has also organized my department to a single file structure allowing easier and timely location of critical project information. Sharing information across the University is also better as all of our data is formatted similarly for all projects.

Pros

The ease of transferring files into the eBuilder file system and ability to view files from the web while traveling. Scheduling is much improved since the last update.

Cons

Cost accounting can be difficult to understand because of all of the different areas where items can be entered. Would like to seamlessly drop files from email into eBuilder files without saving them on my computer first

Rhonda from City of Norfolk, Public Works

Ebuilder Evaluation

As the eB Admin, initial training and design of the system were crucial to our success launch. I was given the proper tools to fully understand the functionality of the software. We crafted a well thought out, detailed approach to what our implementation would include. This approach did not overwhelm staff for training/adoption. By keeping it simple and streamline in the first year, staff gained the knowledge and confidence necessary for buy in of a new system. Now in the second year of use, we are fully understanding how all data from various modules relate to one another, giving a fully integrated, dynamic project management approach to our projects.

Pros

The communication tools available for all project participants. This transparency gives all participants a better control of real time reporting and management.

Cons

Some of the modules still feeling a little cumbersome- Scheduling seems a little tedious to set up, and make revisions.

Dan from Architects & Engineers

Over Complex product

A great project management tool

Pros

Many uses across the project management field. Numerous projects with numerous users can access all the same stored information at the same time. Sending RFI, Submittals, transmittals, meetings, reports etc and then sending & placing the requisite information in the other users court - its fantastic.

Cons

Very limited in customization (which could be down to the way the project was set up) and tedious amount of clicking to get through to where you need to, and then having to start again when go on to next task rather than just going to next item (report, submittal, photo etc)

Racquel from City of Charlotte - CATS

On a scale of 1-5, I would rate the software at a 4.8. I feel this is the best PM tool I have used.

We been from all areas at this point, especially the reporting functions for extracting data.

Pros

There are still a few areas where e-B is making improvements. Particularly with document management retrieval and including metadata options. It holds collective information for the ability of everyone to see simultaneous. e Builder is a good construction management tool for the inspectors and construction manager, project manager, contractors, City staff and legal and audit teams.

Cons

Often lags in the afternoon. Hope the upgrades fix this. We needed better file naming rules. e-Builder needs a better search tool.

Gary from Northeastern University

Director of Program/Project Controls responsible for implementation and management of e-Builder.

Pros

Provides owners of large capital programs with the ability to manage the entire project lifecycle, from project request through closeout and turnover. Financial, Document Management and Workflow modules are excellent. Integrates well with enterprise financial systems and space management applications. Business Intelligence (BI) reporting provides more options for customized reporting.

Cons

The Capital Planning module could better align with the needs of owners with large multi-year capital programs. The Schedule module is being enhanced, which is long overdue.

Aaron from OhioHealth

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

e-Builder is a great tool that helps our organization effectively manage our Capital projects system-wide.

Pros

I like how e-Builder has a cost management, program schedule capability, and structured workflow processes that allow our users to control their projects from start-to-finish. The new implementation features that will be rolled out in the coming months will also be a valuable asset to our future growth with e-Builder that we are excited to be a part of.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features of e-Builder (BI, reporting, dashboards, etc.) require a higher level of sophistication that is sometimes difficult for our organization to "bridge the gap" when it comes to effectively utilizing these features. If some of the background coding was done by e-Builder in lieu of our forces, this would be more helpful for us specifically.

Coty from Northeastern University

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We are able to manage all of our projects in an efficient and well-organized manner.

Simple organization of our materials. Relative ease with finding projects and documents. The ability to allow access to many users for efficient collaboration.

Pros

The structuring has saved us a lot of time and effort. Addition of information has been an easy process, and the security of knowing these materials are stored here and not to be tampered with has been relieving.

Cons

Not having a visual representation of the material takes a lot of guessing when opening files. Also, when creating larger reports, the program has a tendency to crash. More built-in reporting capabilities would be much appreciated.

Theresa from GSFIC

I like the Ebuilder interface...colorful versus other database mgmt. software

Pros

Again, I like the vibrant look of Ebuilder versus other software that handle project database management. I also like how the filter performs when selecting various processes to view.

Cons

My least favorite of Ebuilder is not being able to easily drag files over into the system. I also am not crazy about how there is no 'reports' on the side tabs when inside a specific project. The process is to the top tabs, select reports, then select the project. A 'reports' tab on the side tabs would be helpful so you do not have to exit the project just to run a report

Ada from Ohio Desk

Invoicing Construction Projects/Orders

I find e-Builder to be a better tool or process for invoicing construction projects, however, there is a disconnect that I am not sure how to close or get resolution on. It has more to do with the process than the usability of the program. I have to wait for commitments to be entered, which takes days and sometimes it has taken weeks. before I can submit my invoice via e-Builder. I do not understand why commitments are not entered when the POs are issued?

Pros

It has the potential to be a great tool, giving feedback on the status of invoices entered. It is great having the ability to see the progress and process of invoices entered. It would be better if the processes established were followed consistently.

Cons

I cannot invoice until the process of commitments has been entered. I have no prior notice that they have been unless I look, usually, they are not there. I have to wait for that usually. It would be a far more seamless process if the commitments were entered when the POs are issued and there would be no guessing or waiting. I would have the ability to invoice via e-Builder the same day I actually invoice thru our system. Currently, I have to re-invoice once the commitment is added to have a current date on the invoice to upload. It is double work, wait and not a smooth process.

Jeremy from Northeastern University

Great Product for Capital Project Delivery

Operational effectiveness, reporting, workload planning

Pros

A modular approach to organizing an ERP specifically for capital project delivery. Each module can be customized to your organization's needs (budget, submittals, rfi, etc) by using a kit of parts methodology.

Cons

Because the system is project based, data access can be challenging for not project participants. You have to be a member of the project to gain access for instance to log time (via the timesheet module) on the project. Once a project is closed and you want access for operations, its cumbersome.

Essential tool to effectively manage $/time/resources for all our design and construction projects.

A superior and effective tool for managing all documents involved in my design and construction projects

Pros

Centralized aggregation of all project information. User-friendly and portability. Use in the office on your desktop, on all your smart devices-- all project-related information at the tip of your fingers at anytime and anywhere.

Cons

While the cost of adoption may be a potential hurdle initially for some small organizations, the benefits it brings to all stakeholders: design/construction/ institutional users will more than pay for itself in the long-term.

Kate from Pearl Project Control, LLC

Best Software for Customization

The thing that I love most about e-Builder is how customizable it is. Unlike all of the other "out-of-the-box" management software systems I've seen, e-Builder is able to replicate your current processes online and make everything run more efficiently. And once things are up and running, you can easily see ways to improve your processes and quickly implement those changes. The icing on the cake of using e-Builder is the transparency it creates, leading to accountability on all sides. I wouldn't want to manage a project without it.

Pros

It's flexibility in customization.

Cons

Lack of flexibility in the Submittals module.

Lee from CTA

Industry: Facilities Services

I found this software is friendly use, have difference type of reports.

The benefits that I have learn from this software are: I have been training with AVICADO construction tech services for 3 days on Admins task. How to set up account for new users, the different between account's role and project role. How to manage the document types, using custom fields, add, edit and sort custom fields. How to create and edit mail merge template. And learn how to create form, and report and dashboards.

Pros

I like most on reports parts, I love to run and exporting out all cost summary reports, progress reports, dashboard, funding sources...etc.... It has so much functionality features in this software

Tyson from Port of Olympia

Industry: Political Organization

e-Builder has been an invaluable tool to aid us in program and project management as an owner.

Pros

I like that is allows the user use it as-is out of the box and to customize it to suit their needs. I also enjoy the (nearly) everywhere availability and accessibility since it is web based and that you are always working with real time information. e-Builder has always had an improvement attitude, so they are always working to make the software better.

Cons

I would really like to see more hands on training options outside of the annual conference so that users can take better advantage of this excellent tool.

Sepideh from USC-Capital Construction Development

e-Builder is easy to use. I like it's project management menu. It delivers what is designed for.

I think of e-Builder as a big storage facility and I can depend on it when i need to retrieve data.

Pros

This is my first time working with a product like e-Builder, so I cannot compare it to any project management software out there. Saying that, I like e-Builder because it is super easy and user friendly. I utilize the home page and the workflow in your court feature a lot.

Cons

It can be frustrating when e-Builder is slow. I have the indicator on my home page that tell me when e-Builder is slow. The "bar" changes color from green to yellow or red. Today, the entire morning the bar color was red. Right now, at 12:37 pm the bar color became yellow. I do experience slowness every week.

Lee from Infrastructure

Project Specialist Capital Finance

I have been work with e-Builder since June, 2012. My roles as CTP Budget Manager, CTA Finance Procurement, CTP Admin VP for process invoice and payment request, Document oversight which loading some invoice document to e-Builder. and GM-PM, G06 user Contruction, G06 Design. I will be train for e-Builder Admin in the future.

Pros

I like most about this software are those reports, like cost, concurrence, change, budget cost reviews, funding sources, bid, invoices, process reports...ect.. I just love to work with reports....

Cons

I am not sure about that what I don't like for this software...

Quincy from Berglund Construction

I love the updated features!

I've used e-builder for at least 6 years and I finally really appreciate the use for it now. E-builder is much more easy to use now and I really love the recently added feature of drag and drop. There was just way too much clicking before. It was very time-consuming. But with drag and drop, it's much simpler.

Pros

New features make it much easier to use.

Cons

Still, have to do more than desired to upload files

John from The Jackson Laboratory

Industry: Research

Facilities Team managing >$250M capital portfolio via e-Builder

Very good experience through implementation, training, use, and integration with our Lawson ERP accounting system.

Pros

All pertinent project controls integrated into a single package developed by a vendor who understands the Owner's construction process.

e-Builder Enterprise for project management

I used to work as an assistant project administrator for a university facilities engineering department and e-Builder helped us in so many ways, especially at the end of our fiscal year. All contracts and addendums and what we owed/ were owed was all on one easily navigable place.

Pros

E-Builder keeps files, bids, insurance policies, and other sensitive documents organized and secure throughout the construction process. It is easy to track addendums, revised budgets, and extended contracts with this software.

Cons

There is a learning curve with e-Builder, but with some practice using it makes the process of completing a construction project much more efficient (from an administrative standpoint).

Kathleen (Kate) from Hill Internation

August 2016

Good, solid tool for the entire project.

I am part of the Construction Management team that worked with a client who utilizes e-Builder for all their organizations construction project needs. They have it integrated with their accounting system, and utilize it for the full spectrum of project controls. I found the program to be moderately difficult to learn initially, but once the base components became familiar it provided a solid tool that allowed for communication across the project. The largest difficulty was in getting the design and construction vendors to upload their documents and process them within the system. Once they were within eBuilder it became easier to hold the appropriate parties accountable.

Pros

The email notifications that specified the need for Action.

Cons

The rigidity of the workflows. There was an issue with the RFIs going directly to the design team without oversight by the CM. This had potential for generating change orders in both design and build without oversight or authorization by the client or CM as the client representative. The best we were able to accomplish was the simultaneous notification of the CM so that we were aware and able to address our scope.

Chris from City of Norfolk, VA Department of Public Works

August 2016

This Project management tool is exceeding our expectations

This was a big commitment by our organization to change the way we manage capital projects. The implementation went better than expected. Immediate payback in improved organization and instant web-based access to construction phase information and reports.

Pros

Intuitive owner-based tools and processes. It's like they know how we manage our work. Incredible access to customer support. Most concerns get addressed by monthly roll-out of software improvements.

Cons

There are so many tools and features, it is hard to prioritize what to roll out first.

John from HNTB

Industry: Civil Engineering

I am an engineer and use the software for roadway construction. It is a great toll for my purposes.

Pros

I like having all of the information for particular projects at my fingertips. I also like the notices I receive when items are in my court. The software also allows "ball in court" responsibilities to be tracked easily. I frequently use the report module as I over see several projects. I also like being able to access the software from my phone.

Cons

Depending on the time of day, the software response can be slow. This is probably a function of my internet connection.

Steve from Compass Partners, LLC

Industry: Program Development

We use e-builder for a specific project. It is the new Tennessee State Museum.

It was like we all had an extra person that organized all of the project information. There are several very diverse team members (Museum Staff, Designers, Contractors, State Employees, etc.) and they all got good value from the product. The storage capacity for museum information was especially helpful.

Pros

I liked that we could "start from scratch" and not have to try to conform to some boiler plate software.

Cons

The calendar does not seem to be as functional as it needs to be. When meetings or attendees change, they don't update easily.

Kate from Hill International

Broad appeal.

We utilized e-Builder for a tenant improvement project because it was already in use by the institution for whom we worked. The learning curve was steep for the GC and their accounting department, but as a PM/CM consulting firm I found it accessible and a solid broad spectrum tool. The mandated use by the institution for budgeting and cost functions brought more useful information to the table, and made it easier to justify the effort to the vendors. I instituted its use for meeting schedules and minutes, and updates of the project schedule. With all of these elements in the same tool it became easier to provide status reports.

Pros

The broad spectrum for inputs. We utilized the system from the bidding module through the pay application and closeout processes. With everything in a common repository it saved time and effort in providing the necessary support documents for the various business processes.

Cons

The lack of flexibility in the workflows meant that the front-end planning for use had to address all potential alternatives. The system favors a Design-Build approach which assumes the design team to be the construction managers. Our project was Design-Bid-Build with the PM/CM managing the build and having only limited need for design sign-off.

Susan from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

We use eBuilder for document management and submittals

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to use. I especially like the drag and drop feature when uploading files.

Cons

There are a number of customer support people who do not have very good product knowledge. The last call I made, I ended up explaining to the customer support rep how I resolved the issue on my own. He had no clue. It's annoying when you call for help and you know more about the software than the eBuilder person you are talking to.

Chris from Indiana University

This is a fantastic tool. I wish our organization would use it to its true potential.

better project communication and accountability.

Pros

Ability to keep project related information in a single location. To keep track of items and whose court they are in for action.

Cons

The submittal module. Perhaps a slimmed down version that allows for single item submittals for smaller projects. Having to continually create a register and use packages is cumbersome when you have a smaller number of submittals.

Ron from WSSC

great experience. I like using e-builder

Pros

easy to use and the layout is great and easy to understand. navigation is smooth. the attachments is easy to do and find. The customer support is great and responds in a timely fashion. the font is easy to read and understand. multiple drop boxes are useful

Cons

sometimes work doesn't save correctly. I would put in a report and sometimes it doesn't save and I have to re submit the report

Neihlee from BYU Idaho

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Our second attempt at a PM Software and we couldn't be happier!

Pros

The ability to adapt to our ever changing business processes without having to have eB make the changes for us.

Cons

Cost. I have a hard time justifying to our management/auditors the cost of this program but more specifically the cost of integrations and maintenance. ONLY because e-Builder will not provide hourly pricing rates for their development costs--which is pretty much the industry standard.

David from BYU-Idaho

August 2016

Has improved the efficiency and visibility of our work flows.

Pros

After going through a failed implementation of a competing product, we were apprehensive when starting over with eBuilder. We have been pleased with the features, functionality and support we have gotten. We have found eBuilder to be flexible and configurable so it matches our processes and adds visibility and consistency to how we work. - Document management allows us to keep all information, from record drawings to O&M manuals in one location that is readily available to all users. - Supports all phases of construction project from planning and budgeting to warranty work.

Cons

There have been some bumps along the way (mostly a result of our inexperience) but most have been resolved quickly and satisfactorily.

Willard from DWL Architects & Planners, Inc. of New Mexico

DWL Architects & Planners, Inc. of New Mexico - Albuquerque Public Schools

I have utilized e-Builder as a User in the provision of contracted architectural and engineering planning, design and construction administration and observation services since January 2013 and have during that time frame experienced a cloud based information management tool which has grown with the needs of its Users and responded to inputs. The "Processes" initially were not intuitive to myself I have found them improved over time. File naming protocols and time line filing of documents would help with consistency project to project. But these are likely Client (your) driven parameters.

Pros

User friendly and for the most part an ease of use navigating through different phases of services provided to the client under a professional services contract

Cons

Nothing specific comes to mind, the sequencing of construction submittal document file names and retention within project files

andrew from stantec

e-Builder is a great out of the box Construction management tool.

if you are looking for a construction management tool without having to build out all your process, eBuilder will do the trick.

Pros

Great out of the box construction management tool. Built in modules and processes help managers to manage their projects on time and on budget.

Cons

Reporting and dashboarding is a little lacking. it lacks by not being able to print nice 1 pager reports and dashboards to pass around.