• Pros

• "Easy to use and efficient. It has everything I'm looking for."

• "Great product, easy to use, wonderful communication."

• "All features are easy to use.... this program works great for our business and reporting is excellent"

• Cons

• "There are a few bugs to resolve but the support team and worked quickly with us. "

• "Sometimes the system is slow and buggy but works great most of the time."

• "It can get really pricey but you pay for what you get also it take awhile to learn but the customer service line is always there to help."

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all. I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine. One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/ Thanks for an awesome review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Harmony from Wes-Tex Printing

Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Karen from KS Accounting, Inc.

Non-Profit QBO simplifies donor & expense allocations for auditing purposes.

I have been using Quickbooks Non-Profit for years and all entries and creation of programs for a non-profit provides a visual presentation that provides Board Members and Financial Auditors the clarity and simplifies where the non-profit stands.

Pros

Due to the complexities of non-profit financials. Quickbooks alleviates much of the work and assists with proper allocations of Donor Contribution, Grants and Foundation monies. Classifying expenses is also tricky without the easy to use features Quickbooks non-profit software provides.

Cons

I cannot think of any downfalls. I have used other non-profit accounting softwares and Quickbooks is by the far the best.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It has the best functionalities needed for auditing purposes.

Wes from MWANDS.COM LLC

The Sofware You Love To Hate

We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it. There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It interfaced with our cart and MRP selection.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enterprise is lacking some very basic purchasing function in their manufacturing product.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2020

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Michelle from Circus Harmony

Best accounting solution

Quickbooks Online has decreased the amount of time I spend on basic bookkeeping each month and allowed me to focus on reporting, forecasting and budgeting which were missing before.

Pros

For nonprofit accounting, the ability to use classes, projects, etc to keep track of functional expenses and grants is indispensable. Having bank feeds connected saves a lot of time. Being able to have our CPA log in at the same time to look at something is also an improvement over the desktop version.

Cons

It is updated a lot so you always have to learn it. We get a nonprofit discount through TechSoup but I know that the regular monthly fee vs purchasing the desktop version would be a barrier if we did not.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ability to access from anywhere and share the file were top reasons

Kyle from Kinetic Technology Group

Ease of use

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Used the other product briefly and made the final decision for QBO after not being able to get in contact with the other company's customer service for multiple days to resolve any issues.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enjoyed the interface better. The template is much easier to navigate and I find the accounting features to make much more sense to me personally.

Kevin from Allspice Catering

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

Joe from Wholesale

Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.

Laura from Cedaran LLC

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Rachel from Rheumatology Associates, Inc.

Easy to use and ongoing training is great

Pros

Easy to use, multiple reports and customized reports available. Help center is full of ongoing training to learn new features and functionality.

Cons

Nothing. Integration is easy, adding new accounts simple. Makes my job easier and allows for more time to focus on other tasks. Simple functionality that doesn't get bogged down.

Recommended by our CPA.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Stay current and up to date with features and functionality.

Ryan from LaPorte Products

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

Molly from Imprezzio, Inc.

Best Move My Company Ever Made

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was too expensive and our organizational structure changed. We no longer saw the benefit for an expensive system with features we never used. The final straw was the fact NetSuite did not support 1099 preparation!

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform. -Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy. -Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart. -Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel. -Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

LeAnn from GreatSchools, Inc.

So much better than complicated systems!!!

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Most efficient use of time and money with all the features we needed.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Abila was archaic and our installation was no longer supported. For our organization, even moving to MIP online would have been overkill and costly.

Tammy from Accutech Systems Corp

It's All About The Extras

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We went to QBO because we needed to start our cloud footprint in order to advance things that we were trying to do within our own software. The Advanced part added benefit for some reporting functions that we were already trying to implement for management.

Michael from Love Pool Company

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Sabrina from Secured Income Group

Multi Small Company

Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are already using Quickbooks online and further research needs to be done before a major overhaul of the system is completed.

Curran from ACCE

Industry: Public Policy

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are unsure if the online platform fits all of our needs. Also switching from our current platform would require effort and time we don't have at the moment.

Response from Intuit

Replied August 2019

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/ Thanks for a great review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Richard from Superior Aero Services

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed online/cloud functionality to be able to manage the business from anywhere from multiple devices.

April from Coffee Hound Co

Industry: Restaurants

I am completely self taught with keeping books in my business. Quickbooks online has made this even easier than any desktop version. I have been using Quickbooks online since it first came out and I am pleased with the continual progress and improvements made to the system. I feel the fees are very reasonable, but I do take advantage of many of the features. Payroll is the best feature. It saves time and money. I would never want to use an outside source unless I no longer had to do any bookkeeping myself.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Help section is very useful. Most everything is intuitive to figure out. It is great to access information from anywhere and anytime. Mobile access is good. The Pay Now feature with invoices is very nice and eliminates the need for credit cards.

Cons

CHAT feature is hidden deep in trouble shooting.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Access from any computer.

Sara from Sun Plumbing & Mechanical Systems, Inc.

Efficient and Insightful

Since switching to QBO Advance our company has not only been able to work efficient and effectively but also pinpoint trouble areas both within our financials and bookkeeping. We have been able to work towards correcting and improving these areas. Overall, we are very happy with our experience thus far with QBO Advanced.

Pros

There are several features we find extremely convenient, including, the ability to directly connect our bank accounts, remote access to our software, and the at a glance profit and loss for projects. We also find the project feature to be the most useful and enjoy the hourly cost rate within projects to be extremely insightful. A final area we find extremely useful is the user permissions feature within QBO Advance; this feature has given us the ability to broaden our users and therefore increase our workflow efficiency without sharing our financial data.

Cons

We have found the payroll add-on to be difficult to work with, specifically, distributing the different pay rates because our employees get paid different wages when working on government jobs as well was when they work overtime. Overtime does not seem to accurately pull from the time cards and pay appropriately for overtime. We also wish more payroll data had transferred when switching from desktop to online.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We decided to make the switch with the goal of improving the productivity within our office and overall business.

Beth from Valorous Circle

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Kristen from Boost Transport LLC

Great step up from QB desktop

QB Advanced has been a great addition to our workplace. I am the main user and I like the ease of reports and other functions.

Pros

The product is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had.

Cons

There are many features that we do not use, but I'm sure would be helpful to other companies.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed QuickBooks Online for our new company system and chose Advanced to get the most out of the product.

Samantha from Patriot Truck Sales

Mandatory for Business

It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros

-The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind! -New Features added all the time

Cons

- Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day. -Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

The classes are capped and we needed more.

Sue from Rehoboth Beach Film Society

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

easy to use and teach makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use easy to teach functions are compatible with our organization's operations Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap tech support is too expensive some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

Replied June 2018

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market. Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Tara from David Brothers Landscape Services

Works well for small business

On a day to day bases, it is easy to use and easy to see a quick snapshot of where our company stands. Customers can view and pay their invoices online and money is deposited quickly. It has helped increase our cashflow.

Pros

The software was fairly easy to set up and is very easy to use. Very forgiving. Errors can be corrected easily. (with the exceptions noted below)

Cons

The recurring transaction feature does not always work as expected. Accounts or products that are created in error can only be made inactive, not deleted. We now have a lot of extras since the accountant that helped us import our Sage data imported everything twice. We have 2 of all our products and accounts.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our accountant recommended it and all the accountants in the office had experience using it.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our Sage was very old and no longer supported. We also wanted to switch to something online so working remotely would be possible.

David from MQVN Community Development Corp

QBO Advanced is underrated

QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros

The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It's cheap, we know how to use it well, and I do not feel like I'm settling for less just because of the price

Affordable, realiable and easy to use

Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.

Anibal from lancaster County Workforce Investment Board

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, is easy tp customize to our agency need,

Cons

ability to change transactions once created and posted to the General Ledger

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It adjusted better to our company needs

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Easier to use and customize

Theresa from Laguna Canyon Foundation

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Pros

Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Cons

Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

Response from Intuit

Replied September 2019

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/ We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

jenny from NTPA

Quickbooks Online Advanced Review

We are a multi-location theatre and school. Our directors and managers and board members need to have access to reports about each show and its success, our donations and fundraising efforts and our expenses in real-time in order to make decisions quickly. The ability of the QBO to allow this real-time access is something we have come to rely upon. The difficulty we have is with data input. We have had to hire a person just to input our deposits from our enrollment system and cc processor by hand, so that we can class them correctly.

Pros

That it is accessible by many people in our organization in real time and that access is customizable by user. It has many of the desktop features that we like, including the ability to use a lot of classes and accounts and customizable reporting. I love being able to have many windows of it open in order to compare between accounts or items I am working on.

Cons

I have worked with Quickbooks since the 1990s and therefore am a desktop user. I am used to the keyboard shortcuts and the ability to upload data for invoicing, deposits and journal entries. That minimal columns can be uploaded is really frustrating and it is time consuming to hand enter items, especially if our processors don't download their data to QB. I do not like that I cannot use a desktop version to clean up items in the online version. I really liked the accountant versions in desktop.

Andrea from Christiansen Commercial

Changing from Outdated QB Pro 2012 to QB Online

Positive experience, still getting accustomed to the new platform. The help section is easy to find and stays on top of the page you are working on without disappearing.

Pros

Pleasant interface, access to QB from different locations.

Cons

Very different from the desktop version, difficult to navigate and locate different items if you're used to the desktop version.

Ease of access from different locations vs the QB Desktop Pro 2020

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We had an outdated version and are trying the online version instead of the 2020.

Alyssa from Hotopp Associates

Must Have Product

Every time I've needed help or had a question, I've been able to easily find the answer through their support area or one of their agents. I've never had a long wait time like with other sites. It is really well organized and easy to navigate. QB has so much to offer in its functionality, we're still finding new things we can use.

Pros

QuickBooks is one of the easiest programs to use. The customer service is great and very responsive, expenses are easily trackable. You have the ability to edit and make changes if things need fixed. Some programs won't allow this which can be problematic, but QuickBooks does it all. The search option is one of my favorite things, sometimes you don't have all the information, so this helps you piece it together much faster.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. We sometimes have issues with some expenses not importing into our other program we use, but I have a feeling that this is the other program's issues, not necessarily QuickBooks.

Maylin from Mutual Equity LP

QuickBooks Online Advanced is Great

My overall experience with QuickBooks Online Advanced is great. I am able to multitask and keep all my bookkeeping organized thanks to this system. So when it is the end of the year, it is very easy to close out and hand everything to the Accountant for tax reporting.

Pros

What I like most about QuickBooks Online Advanced is how easy it makes my job. Everything from running reports, managing the Chart of Accounts, and reconciling my accounts at the end of the month is very simple with QuickBooks Online Advanced.

Cons

I think that what I like least is when there is a new feature and I have to learn how it affects my process. But I can say that QuickBooks Online Advance makes it easy to learn the new features or processes.

NA

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch several years ago because QuickBooks Online is much more user-friendly and easier to manage. What I really enjoy, that is different from Quicken, is that it is online and I don't have to worry about losing any data.

Maanav from InfoTycoon

A central part of our business

Quickbooks Advanced is an excellent product that is a central part of our business and I make use of the application everyday. If you are looking for an easy to use accounting software that can scale with your business and provides the reports that help you make actionable decisions.

Pros

1. Easy to use 2. Excellent reporting functionality 3. Excellent Support 4. CC Payments

Cons

1. No way to limit/hide functionality we do not use 2. Limited without being on the Advanced version 3. Limited invoice follow up options 4. Private branding

Colin from Omaze, Inc.

Industry: Fund-Raising

Works Well for Small Company

Overall, it does what we need it to do and at the size we are, it is adequate. I would definitely recommend Quickbooks until you get to the point where your financial information needs to be integrated into a larger data system with all data related and unrelated to financials.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to use and understand. The functionality for reports easy is to manipulate. Editing, uploading, and closing periods is great. There is also some good add on's to upload entries and statements. We use bill.com and these two programs work well together.

Cons

There is some quirky things. Especially integrating bill.com with in with it. Sometimes it is not so much complicated accounting but more so hard to navigate the software to make things happen the way you want. For example, putting things through bill and trying to hit a receivable account is not possible. Or manually entering and invoice and having it paid from a receivable account. Little things like this.

Zarin from Giri Hotel Management

Easy to use, just needs to work on frequent glitches

Overall, it is a great software for smaller companies. Maybe because my company is rapidly growing, QuickBooks may no longer be a good fit for it. I think it's very easy to use for anyone, even people who don't have bookkeeping or accounting experience. QuickBooks should work on fixing the frequent glitches and errors.

Pros

I like that the software is very easy to use and user-friendly. When I joined my company, I had no prior experience to using any kind of accounting/bookkeeping software and had no issues with picking up on QuickBooks easily. Pretty simple to pull the information you need, ideal for a small-to-medium sized company.

Cons

My biggest complaint with this software has to be the glitches. My company heavily relies on QuickBooks and it is a daily part of my work. We often have issues with QuickBooks not loading properly, getting error messages such as "504 Gateway Time-out", having to switch between the desktop app and the browser version because one or the other is not working. Because these issues impede on my daily work, I can't give this software a higher rating.

Maurice from Cornerstone Community Church

Industry: Philanthropy

QB Nonprofit easy to use

User friendly.

Pros

QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Cons

1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support. 2. No name search for employees.

Karl from Sailing Inc.

Industry: Sporting Goods

Overall Solid Product

We switched from QuickBooks desktop to QBO over a year ago, and have been quite happy with the product. The ability to access our QuickBooks data from anywhere, anyhow is a great benefit to our business. Our biggest hurdle is the lack of inventory tracking by location.

Pros

Remote, web-based access; unlimited chart of accounts, products/services, categories and locations.

Cons

Inventory tracking with multiple locations is non-existent.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We did not search for alternative products.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Looking for a more modern product with which we could access our data from anywhere, anyhow.

Kiersten from California tree design

Must for growing companies

Pros

I love the new reporting features and the biggest reason I needed to upgrade was I needed to allow more people access to do invoices and estimates.

Cons

The pricing is a little high. I have not had enough time to really analyze all the new features and if this is really worth the price increase.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

I needed more people to have access and plus only allowed 5.

Nicholas from UPP GLOBAL LLC

A MAJOR upgrade over Quick Books Enterprise edition

We have multiple LLCs that are under one larger umbrella company. These LLCs used to each have their own QBE file and now we have them all listed under the larger company within QBO. Reporting takes literally 1/6 of the time that it used to for the same information.

Pros

Everything is in one of just a few places. Searches are quick, reports are super easy to customize and export. It's available everywhere that you have an internet connection.

Cons

Some of the add-on applications cause some performance issues. This is mostly due to poor optimization by the third-party application developers but it does affect some of the things that I use daily when these apps are active.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ease of use and ability to work from anywhere.

Christopher from Unified Utility Services, LLC

Functional application for book keeping & accounting

Looking forward to implementing some of the project management tools to monitor progress & help provide insight on maintaining profit margins.

Pros

Allows you to customize & place branding on invoicing & estimates, easy to produce aging reports & other useful information on financials (also customizable).

Cons

Application lacks sophistication in the importing & exporting of invoicing & other data.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ease of use & better customization & reporting tools.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Zoho did not support reports for tax purposes for the United States.

Alexx from 4J Energy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Six Month Impressions of QuickBooks Online Advanved

Pros

A little more then six months into using QuickBooks Online Advanved, I have found it very easy to navigate the software to both record transactions and run the reports necessary to understand my business. As I grow our company's accounting department, new hires with no previous experience using QuickBooks Online Advanced have also found it simple to pick up and use on a daily basis. The standard reports available cover the majority of my needs, but the ability to generate custom reports allows me to dissect the data at a finer level. I also utilize the functionality of QuickBooks Online Advanced to autorun reports and email them directly to my team. This has resulted in a faster workflow as we automate certain aspects that previously bottlenecked with a single individual.

Cons

There are minor autofill aspects that could be more accurate. For example, when using a copy of a journal entry to generate a new journal entry at times the dates will autofill to next year instead of next month (e.g. July 2020 instead of August 2019). This is a minor issue that be quickly overcome.

Jody from Upstream Intl. Inc.

Does what we need, but could be better

It is a decent program. It was a bit "painful" getting it set up. But overall, we do like it for what we do.

Pros

Ability to categorize transactions by class Widely used by other companies, so able to get advice from our accountant and others online. The ease with which we can reconcile accounts.

Cons

Somewhat "glitchy" - for example, when we record a payment by "check", QB doesn't hold the "check" designation. So no "type of payment" is recorded. All other payment forms work. It's not always that intuitive to find the way to do things. Like getting a refund check from a vendor takes way more steps than it really should. And it's not very intuitive. I wish you could run a batch of memorized transactions without having to exit and re-open the program. And maybe there is . . . but if there is, it's not intuitive as to how. I would like to switch to the online version, but it doesn't have all the same features that I have in my desktop version.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We were already using a version of Quickbooks, so the transition was easy. And the price was right.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted to do fund accounting, and their "class" feature allows us to do that.

Jonni from Concisys

From A Purchasing Standpoint

We are using it for basic business functions like entering customer sales order and sending purchase orders to suppliers.

Pros

My company uses QuickBooks to track vendors and enter customer sales order and to send purchase orders to suppliers. But I myself only use it for purchasing so I will restrict my comments to that area only. I think in general it handles the basics very well. Advanced Search function is adequate. It searched well if you use something like vendor name. Does not seem to work very well if you are searching just be reference.

Cons

It's tedious to enter an item on every line. It would be AMAZING if you could develop an upload template in excel that would allow us to populate many line items.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

My company wanted to use something cloud-based.

Sofia from Implementing Ideas

QB is awesome!!!

Pros

I really love using QB because they make accounting so much easier than it is. Everything is easy access and it's very user-friendly. I've used several different account programs and this has to be the easiest one by far but also the most organized website.

Cons

I don't think there's too much that I don't like. Every now and then there are glitches that mess with the functions that I use, but it hardly happens.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was very slow loading anything we needed to be pulled up. Not user-friendly whatsoever. Sage had also made it extremely difficult to merge to QB

Alex from Acordis International

Great experience.

Pros

I like functionality and breadth of options available at your fingertips

Cons

User permissions need some work. I have many employees working in the same program and some of them should have access to limited set of reports

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because I had confidence that it works.

Quickbooks is a basic accounting software that helps to keep the books up to date.

I would recommend Quickbooks to small organizations that need a basic accounting software, small to mid volume of vendors/invoices.

Pros

Easy to use (General Ledger) Some flexibility downloading information to Excel (General Ledger) Price

Cons

Fixed Assets functionality is only available in Single-User mode Merchant activity is not applied automatically as promised if you have more than one GL account Reports are very rigid It does not have a report designer that gives the flexibility to download information Unable to upload activity from Excel without a 3rd party software It does not have account reconciliation system to keep track of balance sheet accounts

Response from Intuit

Replied February 2018

This is something we can help you with. Please reach out to us at QBCares@Intuit.com so we can provide you with further support. Thanks for your feedback! Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

Lahari from HR Cloud Inc

QuickBooks Online is very powerful tool with various features and easy to use

-Subscription Management -Accounting -Reporting -Revenue Forecast

Pros

QuickBooks Online is very helpful in tracking invoicing and forecasting revenue projections.Its ease of use and benefits of cloud computing is the game changer. It can be accessed from anywhere with secured online system. It is very easy to integrate and we have integrated our SaaSOptics with QuickBooks Online. Allows for easy integration with banks, credit card companies, and other financial management software.

Cons

QuickBooks Online session expires very often. Most of the times, it does not show the log out screen till we perform any action & proceed.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We started off with this product as per research, QBO is the best we could find for our needs

April from ChromaTan

Industry: Biotechnology

Solid software

We had an accounting firm that recommended it for expense reporting as well as bookeeping. It is NOT designed for that (too transparent / not enough control over access & flow for that). But as the central bookeeping account to integrate to those external softwares, it works well so far. I have not been able to integrate American Express but allegedly that's a common American Express issue and that's free so "you get what you pay for".

Pros

Cloud storage / syncing, fast load times are the most exciting to me. Custom reports & pay bills features make work efficient!

Cons

I find it fairly intuitive but there are some minor things that are not as intuitive in the menu navigation. The search is a bit wonky (sometimes displays duplicate transactions, but it's obvious because of identical timestamp).

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted to stay with intuit; enough changes were already in process / queue

Cloud syncgronization