• Pros

• "It has excellent job costing capabilities; I like the modify forms and the large choices of reports. Sage is excellent help on the phone when needed. The annual conference is awesome!"

• "Easy to use and navigate from screen to screen. Has made our billing way more accurate and efficient. "

• "Easy to learn Smooth flow from estimating budget to project cost control Just enough functions, nothing bloated. Good Value"

• Cons

• "There are some limitations that can't be done, but there are work around it as well. Quite a pricey software that needs support and maintenance as patches are occasionally needed"

• "Report writer is a little hard to master. But it can be figured out and reports without a lot of detail can be figured out ease. "

• "Navigation could be better, it is customizable, but still need to put in effort. No real field support, only good for office usage."

Browse Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder) Reviews

Excellent Software

My experience with this software was excellent. I had used a basic Sage Accounting software for years and before Sage bought this particular accounting software, it was Peachtree. I loved it.

Pros

Reporting is excellent. User friendly. Ease of teaching employees. online forums are spot on for good information. Immediate help via chat or calling with more difficult issues. I love that they can help by driving my computer when I could not figure out an issue. They take fixes seriously for the next update. Very professional looking invoicing and reporting and very easy to get exactly what you need without a bunch of drop downs and reconfiguring of the crystal reports.

Cons

There is actually nothing I dislike about this software. It is by far my favorite accounting software.

Hasan from United Business Applications

Sage 100 Contractor is a great business solution

Overall experience using Sage 100 Contractor is great.

Pros

What I really like in Sage 100 Contractor is when we start setting up the software it was very quick to go live after short period, The annual revenue for the company I was working for is 35+ million. we shifted from old software to Sage 100 Contractor within two months, I did few demonstrations for my colleague about how to use Sage 100 Contractor and all of them they found Sage 100 Contractor easy to use and very helpful for our business, and reporting in Sage 100 Contractor is great.

Cons

I didn't face any issue or something I didn't like in Sage 100 Contractor. but the developing in Sage 100 Contractor is impossible.

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

Sage 100 Contractor is less expensive from SAP Business One.

Susanna from Pacific Mechanical Systems Ltd.

Complete software with all functions in one spot

Customer service has always been amazing, very responsive through a quick chat in the program and it gets escalated to a consultant quickly if you can't resolve it immediately.

Pros

I like the fact that all company operations are available under one software, from accounting to payroll, from estimating to project management and service department.

Cons

It's not easy to customize reports, either you have to practice and master it yourself with their report form, or ask a consultant to put together a report for you.

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

We liked Sage products and their customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

We maxed out the previous software.

LINDA from Porter Kyle Builders LLC

Affordable with some value loss

Able to function but not real happy with our purchase.

Pros

Project management is its best selling point. This is one of the only affordable software solution in a mid-range cost.

Cons

The input is antiquated and not user friendly at all. Extra key strokes are required to do just about anything. Many of the canned reports are generated by record number instead of date. There are no month to month comparative reports for balance sheet which you would expect to be easily available. Tracking of payments to vendor requires way too much effort to view invoices a check paid. Inability to create cash basis statements requires a lot of work at end of year to convert outside the system. This should be part of the basic package.

Cost and peer usage

No project management

Response from Sage

Replied January 2021

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Jeanne from Keymont Construction, Inc.

Sage 100 has simplified my job as Office Manager and Bookkeeper.

Overall, Sage 100 Contractor is a wonderful software program. The support and technical assistance staff have been wonderful in the past and are always helpful with fixing any problems with may occur. We have been using this software since 2003 and it has been great. Another great feature are the reports for preparing quarterly payroll tax returns. This feature is a definite time saver for which I am very grateful.

Pros

I really like all the different reports that are available. I like having a client data base with all the contact information at my fingertips and it is wonderful that my boss can access it from his "laptop" so that he does not have to use the "main" computer to access the database or any bookkeeping information he may require for a specific job.

Cons

The only con is that now that we upgraded to Windows 10 there are are a few glitches. For example, whenever Windows 10 does an update on the "main" computer, it is necessary for me to "reset" the Sage 100 Contractor Hosting Framework back to "running" and also the Sage 100 SQL Contractor Hosting Framework back to "running". It is a bit of an inconvenience since my boss does not know how to "reset" them and therefore cannot access the bookkeeping information.

Chad from B & C Enterprises, Inc.

Difficult to Use

It has been a hard road that we have had to travel with very little guidance. Sales speaks highly of software and then there are no staff to support it. Everything is very expensive!!!

Pros

Reports that are available, all in one software

Cons

Hard to navigate, customer support is horrible or maybe nonexistent

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

It is an all in one software

Response from Sage

Replied January 2021

Chris from Maple Creek Construction, LLC

Thoughts in the Second Year

Training wasn't smooth. Our trainer was a good person but we were mislead in regards to the cost of getting started so that was a negative from the beginning.

Pros

That it worked well with Procore and gave us a more detailed accounting system.

Cons

The double entry with using Procore and Sage 100. I also don't like that it isn't very user friendly. Lots of clicks to accomplish a simple task. I will use looking at the checkbook register as an example. I should just be able to click and look at at it. It should take 5 or 6 clicks to get there.

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

Sage's ability to work with Procore. However, as I said above, there is way to much double entry.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

Quickbooks wasn't able to handle everything with Procore

Response from Sage

Replied January 2021

Antoinette from Team Excavating

ease on getting help

Training was great but now it is hard to find someone that will help us. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knew everything and wish we could call one person to help us. You lost a great person. Would be nice to call someone that knows our system and could show us the best way to get what we want. Sometimes it is just knowing where to go.

Pros

It makes payroll a lot faster We can run reports and see if the job we did where the profit and loses were so next time we bid a job we can adjust

Cons

Sage Service Operation Cant see where the guys are and if they are even working. Can't log in a new job from my phone. Need to have sage on my phone for that and that in not happening. If have a problem have to go through Chat and several people before someone will log into me computer and I can show them the problem to get it fixed.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

so I was not using 5 different systems and everything was in one system. Didn't have to enter payroll twice.

Response from Sage

Replied December 2020

Renee from Scott Hamilton Custom Builders

Great program with Great implementations

Really like the software and way it works. Just wish it weren't so hard to get it running and updated, etc. It seems to get getting easier but still a task at times.

Pros

When the program is finally set up and running , it works great and can get some really great reports. The reports you need can be difficult to set up but when done, they can create a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips

Cons

It is really hard to get set up and running like desired. It has taken us several years to get it to where we get "some" of the info we need.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Sage Master Builder)

Needed more information and a safer more secure way to handle and store information

Monica from 3dcart

Great program for contractors

Pros

I used this software a few years ago so I am sure it has improved since then. I loved how I was able to enter all of our subcontractors contracts with us and invoicing was easy to use as well.

Cons

I dont think I disliked anything about the sage software. It was user friendly and I liked it very much.

Jacqueline from Tree Construction

New to Sage 100 but like it so far

We spent a lot of time researching various products for our construction project management software. We had tried Builder Trend and didn't like the clunkiness of messaging, to-do's, and the selections. It also didn't handle payroll. We were looking for a one-software-does-all program; something that could handle everything from leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration. We chose Sage 100 Contractor because of it's ability to do all of these things. So far, we have completed a bunch of training on Sage, and we have just recently gone live. It seems like it works very well and handles most tasks efficiently.

Pros

Does all of the tasks I mentioned; leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration. Massively reduces the likelihood of double entry. Pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive. Easy job reporting functionality. Great payroll functionality and end of year automation (eg for T5018s for subs)

Cons

Not cloud based so it's difficult to access the information from anywhere. Not a mac software and does not work great with Parallels. Does not include time-tracking software for employee time sheets and we've been recommended against Sage Anywhere (the software we were initially told would perform this task) by the actual sales consultants at Sage! Does not integrate with Toggle (the time management software we are currently using.) Because of the points above, entering time cards for job costing is very time consuming. Very expensive!

Andrew from Blue Spruce Construction

The bookkeeper who loves bookkeeping

Overall I really like Sage, but it would be so much cooler if it was cloud based

Pros

The way Sage is set up is that it will not let you make mistakes. As in you can't change things at will you have to dig in and change transactions from the source. This means that everything will be correct, this also means that it's a lot more of a hassle if you make a mistake. Still so many features that slowly our team is incorporating into our everyday systems that I think if used properly can make your life so much easier

Cons

So unless you are a coder/ super IT guy, there are many things with Sage that will give you trouble, like report writing and getting all of your computers to talk to each other, and now they have it so you can't call them until you chat online with them which is Sooooooo annoying. I have had really good customer service and really bad customer service with them, just depends on who you get, and how willing they are to help you.

Randy from Hamptons Habitat

15+ years and still happy with product

Needs some work, hopefully they continue to fix issues as they have always done in the past.

Pros

I've never used any other product so I can't make comparisons but I've been very happy with this program for over 15 years. It's very intuitive and easy to use. There are tons of reports, you can easily navigate information within reports to save time. Customer support has always been at the top of their game but it seems harder to get someone on the phone lately.

Cons

The functionality of this product slowed down tremendously (for us) once it went SQL or "live". I'm constantly waiting for every menu option to start. Yearly maintenance contract is expensive, especially in years where not much has improved. Does not seem to integrate with many programs like Quickbooks can. May have to look at other products if they don't catch up on this. Program crashes more than ever now that it's live.

Kelly from Fatboy Construction, Inc.

Have used Sage for over 20 years. BEST software for Construction industry.

Sage is organized in a smart way that makes sense. Things are not generally buried somewhere, or organized in a way that you can accidentally enter things in multiple places (a nightmare I experienced repeatedly with Quickbooks). There are clear rules that follow basic accounting principles and tremendous resources for project management and business planning. It also has a lot of flexibility for customizing. The support services are unprecedented.

Pros

It leaves good audit trail for everything you do. As a bookkeeper this is invaluable for reconciling (unlike Quickbooks). Versatility in Job reports and tracking so much data for making smart business decisions.

Cons

It takes a long time to become truly proficient and is not designed for people without strong accounting abilities and knowledge. Some features are not intuitive. If you need custom reports you either need to take extensive classes or pay an expert (time consuming for the first and expensive for the second).

Kelly from Pool N Spa Center dba Pacific Sun Pool N Spa

Great software for construction company

Sage customer support online/via phone are very helpful, when I call the customer service representatives are very friendly and informative.

Pros

Cons

The report writer needs some overhaul. We need the ability to merge information more easily with Job Cost and AP. As a contractor it is critical for up to date information without having seperate reports for Job Cost and AP. Give those creating reports the ability to "connect" data indexes and set more than 3 sorts on a particular report.

Jake from Catalyst Construction

April 2015

Sage 100 Contractor has been a great asset to our company.

Pros

Sage 100 Contractor provides a broad range of reporting and tracking options, but is affordably priced. Our company is able to utilize the software to complete payroll, budgeting, job cost tracking, equipment management, and billing. We could also easily add Timberline if the need arises and that would expand our ability to integrate estimating into our accounting system. It is also flexible enough that we are able to use it to manage the accounting for small side companies that we have formed.

Cons

While Sage 100 Contractor is fairly intuitive and easy to learn and navigate overall, there are nuances that can be confusing. Sage support staff is knowledgeable and helpful, but you may have to pay for that as part of your service package. An alternative is their online knowledge base. It is expansive, but it is not always helpful in providing simple, relative information to your query.

Andrew from Blue Spruce Construction Services

Sage 100 Contractor good for the company bad for the customer

I do like Sage, but the report problem have been the same for 2 years, and when I call to ask if there is anyway to make them presentable I get a sorry and a put the request on the internet, which I have many times. Nothing happens

Pros

Very useful in many ways. Lots of features all in one place that can keep you organized, on schedule, and on budget.

Cons

For all of these features to work it takes a lot of input. Once you have put in all of this input the numbers are good, but if trying to present something to a client the report system is trash. many times the text doesn't wrap. You can't edit gantt charts at all for scheduling, which doesn't even have dates on it. We are having to pay an outside 3rd party a year to just give us report writing system that is compatible with sage so that we feel comfortable presenting proposals to clients.

Tracey from Charles V Simms Development Corp

Now have used for 2 years

Our business is in construction and real estate, so we use it for the cost accounting and it is very helpful in keeping track of our costs. It is also used for customer service with our warranty repairs. We look forward to taking it to the next level and using it for Estimating/Purchasing.

Pros

It is easy to use and is very simple being organized by the category you wish to review. F1 help is handy and resourceful. Reports are simple. Love the drill down ability it is very helpful when trying to get to the root of an issue, because you can do it on just about every report you have open to get to the beginning.

Cons

F1 help is vague and some things are not easy to understand they way they are written. There should be more use of the space and give details as to how to resolve an issue. It explains but does not give steps on how.

Donna from IPL Industrial Services

Great Product!

I worked with several other accounting and job costing software and Sage has proved to be one of the most user-friendly. The software was easy to learn and implement. The online classes offered are information and well worth the time to learn the software. Customer service is one of the best! They are always friendly, helpful and make sure they have solved your problem before closing the case. Other than high traffic times such as the first of the year, wait time is minimal. With a third party software that works within Sage, payroll taxes are a breeze! Reports are through, customizable and easily exported to Excel.

Pros

User friendly Customizations Reports and Queries are easy to use once you get the hang of them. Creating queries or reports to access any information needed is a huge plus! Direct deposit for payroll and vendors is extremely easy to use. Customer Service experience is very positive. I love the chat option and also the access to the knowledge base. Easy access to the help file online, by hitting F1 you can read about every aspect of the software. The general ledger audit and payroll audit features help to ensure the integrity of your data.

Cons

The biggest adjustment we had to make when moving to Sage was the check writing process. In order for a check to be applied to a specific vendor, you have to create an invoice. You have the option to just write a check, but it will not transfer that information to the vendor's record.

Kathy from Fullford Electric Inc

Best software ever for construction accounting

I don't think I've ever seen a more complete software. I've used other software, designed for other industries and I can say that this one beats them all. If you're a contractor or subcontractor, you really need Sage 100 Contractor. You won't regret it.I've been using Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Master Builder) for almost 15 years and when I started, the in-software and online help was vague, at best, but over the years Sage has worked hard adding details to the "help" options which has put assistance at your fingertips.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers a wide range of reports for tracking costs and analyzing financial information. Utilizing all the modules makes the transitions easy when moving from a bid to a current project, all the way to project closeout. Their support staff are always knowledgeable and quite thorough in their efforts to help. Their Partner Reps are also a great value. They have years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to help with report customization and other learning related assistance. Another advantage is that Sage integrates well with other software like entering payroll information at the jobsite directly into the payroll module.

Simple Interface to Process Payroll

Overall it is a great tool for our company and allows a lot of customization for each person's needs. If it was able to integrate with more time clock software, that would be amazing!

Pros

I really like how customizable their menu can be for each employee that uses it. Each menu can be different for our Accounting department, our HR department, and our Production department. I use it specifically for payroll processing and it is easy to use.

Cons

It unfortunately does not integrate with very many time clock systems therefore I have to input everything manually. It's not really that big of a deal though because we have so many different moving parts for payroll. I also have found it difficult to create new reports to print out.

April 2015

Cindy from Luxury Builders, Inc.

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Been using Sage 100 Contractor since 2006 for our Accounting needs

Pros

Love the reports and how easy it is to close the books at year end. How they give us 5 free calls a year with this price of renewal every year.

Cons

1.) The yearly price. The integrated system of Atrex, I am a small company and its not easy to bypass this offer. Have to hand type my 1099, w-2 and quarterly numbers are not imported in to tax form. Maybe I just don't know how to use it. 2006 when I took the classes this was not available or I am sure they would have an option to by pass. Also on the job status report 6-1-1-21 shows all bills entered (job cost) but doesn't mean they have been paid. Would like to show: Job cost owed on vendors billed to date. For exp., if a vendor contract is $90k for job cost on cabinets and we put in 90k and pd $30k, it should read that this job cost hasn't been pad 60k yet. So at the end of the yr or when ever we can see what has been billed and what has not been paid yet. Setting up the report forms are a little hard to do.

Brittany from KPI

Sage 100 for Payroll

Overall this is a great program for payroll; coworkers have expressed it's simplicity in the A/R and A/P fields as well.

Pros

I use this payroll for 2 companies to process payroll for construction. The employee setup module is very straight forward and gives you may options for customized tracking (for PTO/Sick time). Daily entry for payroll is easy, the payroll and posting processes work well and the available certified payroll reports are clear and concise.

Cons

This software does not export well to excel; so if you use Excel to process data/create custom reports/run pivot tables, there is a lot of clean up involved before you can make the data Sage exports clean enough to use.

Renee' from CBH, Inc

Love using Sage. Some areas are pretty tough to get set up to use and many times need a proadvisor to help. Really like most of the reports that Sage provides, but many times it does not provide all the info we need.

Pros

Reports. Tech support is good. Appreciate the help that is given-techs are helpful. like the ease of check writing and the ability to easily find vendors and previous payments made to them and job cost reports for seeing what was spent on job.

Cons

sometimes hard to get reports needed. Get frustrated when I purchase tech support tickets and don't use them and then they won't transfer to the next year. don't think this is right especially when Sage has new versions come out that we need more help with and have to buy more support tickets and can't use the ones left open from the previous year. Need to reconsider this. Expensive for not being able to use when need.

Tonnie from ROC Homes

Needs some updates.

Pros

The software is easy to use - screen layouts are easy to maneuver and data input keystrokes are efficient. Report capabilities offer a multitude of variations and the options for customized reports is available.

Cons

Portions of the system need to be updated! Particularly there currently is not a way to do a mass email to all vendors involved in a project without accessing every one! This is making the system outdated. Also there is a disconnect regarding sales tax - it doesn’t automatically follow from takeoff to PO - you have to open and indicate sales tax on every PO that requires it - the only way to get around this is to tax the full job...

Rosanne from TPD Construction Co.

Very easy to learn, tremendous reporting capability

Financial Reports, monthly and year end reporting, job costing, payroll reporting

Pros

The software is real easy to learn, as I came from a company that only used quickbooks. The functionality of Sage 100 is tremendous. It is real easy to track vendors and make changes as needed. The end of year process is made very simple and Sage sends out a year end checklist so that you don't forget anything. The Sage University and Sage City offer a wealth of information, so that you may not need to contact Customer Service.

Cons

One of the items that I struggle with is the number of reports that are in the system and trying to find the one that gives the owners what they want for information. I have tried to modify the reports but it is not real user friendly. Other than that I don't have a lot of negatives

Jeanne from Keymont Construction, Inc.

We have been using Sage MasterBuilder/Sage Contractor 100 for over 10 years and it has been a wonderful program.

Sage 100 Contractor is easy to navigate, prints great reports and is very easy to incorporate your bookkeeping needs. I would highly recommend this program.

Pros

Sage has a wonderful support team that are very helpful and quick in fixing any "quirks" that may appear. Usually the "quirks" are due to a Windows update and not something that was caused by the program itself. I really find the Contractor 100 program easy to use and navigate and it has been wonderful using it for the last 10 years or so.

Cons

I do not have any cons about this program. The only thing I wish the program would do that it does not is to change the year automatically on the lien waivers.

Michelle from Grousemont Associates

Great Software

I have used this software since it was first invented in the DOS format! Really showing my age now! We don't do a lot of job costing anymore so I don't use it to it's full capacity but I still like the software. Just wish the yearly maintenance contract wasn't so expensive. Some years I barely use the service.

Pros

My personal opinion is that this software is Intuitive and easy to navigate. The report options are great and the forms can be modified for your personal preference.

Cons

Takes a long time to load when I first get on. Once it's loaded, I can switch between companies without too much hesitation. I have two monitors and when I open a screen it pops up on the other monitor and I have to drag it over.

Heather from White's Diesel Power & Marine Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Excellent product and support - Very well suited to our business needs!

Mainstream application that is customizable with some time and a little effort :)

Pros

This program has allowed us to manage our finances and our operations / inventory under one software application. We appreciate the evolution of the software - regular upgrades to improve on functionality. Operating in a Sage product means most finance staff are at least familiar with the work environment when they begin work. Payroll is always spot on!

Cons

I wish there was a better work around in Canada for banking/accruing time for employees - we find Excel on the side is best for now but hope to see improvements in the future. Customer statements base the 30/60/90 days on calendar month so if a bill went out on Feb 28th - it would show 30 days on the statement the next day (March 1st).

November 2015

Pamela from SP White Construction Inc.

November 2015

Sage 100 review

Pros

Module integration makes running your business more efficient and with less chance of error. We have used Sage 100 since it was MB7 and the software has definitely improve over the years and I am confident that it will continue to improve. The technicians are knowledgeable and they speak English. It is nice to not have to deal with non English speaking technicians. It is extremely user friendly and I love how you can be reviewing one report and click on the transaction or record number and it will take you to where the data generated from without having to go out of that screen.

Cons

The annual maintenance fees are pretty expensive and although they have several levels of service to choose from, the lowest service fee is still pretty expensive. We also encounter errors and when trying to work with our IT department, one blames the other so the errors have never been fixed and I am always being thrown out of the program.

July 2014

Gina from Schiller Enterprise, Inc.

July 2014

I see Sage 100 Contractor as our last software purchase!

Pros

We had grown out of QuickBooks and migrated to another software that we utilized for five years. We were extremely unhappy with the customer service and lack of features when we turned to Sage. We went live with Sage 100 on January 1 of this year. We have been quite impressed with the support and knowledge that comes with the product. I feel this will be the last software we will have to purchase. The way the software works and the constant upgrades that are provided will allow us to grow and stay with this software for the duration. This product will perform every task you need and give you 25 reports about it. We are very happy with the product.

Cons

I am somewhat put off by the fact that most of the tutorials that I see as really beneficial on the University site have a fee attached. I would like to see those as just part of the super product support the Sage offers. The yearly support fee is pretty hefty. It's not really much more than any other support fees really, but I was surprised and disappointed when I went to view the tutorials and all the ones I am interested in have an additional fee.

Amber from Industrial & Commercial Mechanical

Lacking

4 years on sage 100 contractor.

Pros

Integrates decently with the technician mobile software SSO. Accounting portion works as it should.

Cons

Work orders make you also have a corresponding “job number”. Cost is not visible on the billing side of the software, have to use separate windows to view cost. Inventory has no function to remove missing inventory, you have to apply it to remove it. Maintenance portion is redundant and does not work like it should. Sage internal Backups cannot handle a paperless work environment.

Dorian from Ricondo

MAS is functional

I worked on this system for years and I would recommend it, but fix the flaws.

Pros

I can jump from module to module within this system. Everything is cohesive. All of the information is updated in real time from screen to screen. This is great for project management.

Cons

I would like to see the finance side a bit more structured. The reports are small and hard to read. Error messages should allow you to halt and not move forward. But some of them allow an update prior to the error message which makes for more work. The system needs to flow better.

Ben from Capstone Mechanical

Solid Basic Software

Great for a construction company that has basic needs above quickbooks but isn't ready to spend a lot of money

Pros

The software is pretty straight forward, not super complicated to deal with. As a smaller specialty subcontractor we used this and it did a great job helping us keep track of jobs, accounting, and payroll, while being able to still keep certain departmental costs split up to ensure profitability. The reporting was decently robust as well.

Cons

The software feels old and not up to par with current technologies. The database is a flat file (foxpro I believe) and although you can get data out of it via odbc connections, it leaves a lot to be desired vs a SQL database.

Jayne from MADA HOLDINGS INC.

Outstanding customer service - second to none. Thorough data entry type accounting program.

very detailed / thorough reports; good variety of reports available; incredible customer service

Pros

The INCREDIBLE customer service - always willing to assist. They've solved every issue I had throughout the transition from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and have continued to give me exceptional customer support every time. I would not want to be without Sage 100 support.

Cons

The Accounts Receivable module doesn't allow you to do a quote and then turn it into an invoice. I've had to use the Service Receivable module to be able to write a quote that could be turned into an invoice, which seems cumbersome to me - I'd much prefer having anything to do with A/R in the A/R module.

Christine from Davis-Houk Mechanical, Inc.

Sage 100 Contractor

Overall Sage is a great program, and I truly hope the SQL bugs are worked out soon.

Pros

The best part about Sage is that once you learn how to navigate 1 section of the software you will be able to navigate all of the sections. Sage is very user friendly and customizable.

Cons

Sage SQL has been nothing but problems for us. You lost ease of functionality in the search lists, and we keep getting error after error. Our IT guy has spent hours on the phone with support and have now been told they can no longer provide support.

Sandy from Samson Electric, Ltd.

We've been using Sage over 15 years and really like it.

All of our business information in one software.

Pros

The software is capable of storing a lot of information for all aspects in construction. It's easy to maneuver around within the modules from anywhere in the software.

Cons

We have modified some reports and goes pretty smoothly once you have been working on them. It takes a little time to re-acquaint yourself on how to do it since we don't modify items that often. I don't like when there are some reports that you can't modify which we would like to.

Karla from Midwest Builders, Inc.

Very satisfied with this software.

We were using 3 different systems for job management and reporting and now we only have to use this one.

Pros

It is easy to use. Comprehensive job costing, contracts, project recordkeeping and payroll. Easy to get reports and summaries.

Cons

Only issues that come to mind - and they are not big issues: 1) That dates and search criteria don't stay when you pick different reports to print within the same category. 2) When we enter checks - it no longer sends a reminder when the period doesn't match the date.

December 2015

Joseyne from Certified General Contractors, Inc.

December 2015

17 Years and Still the Best Construction Software

Pros

It tracks change orders to both owners and subcontractors very accurately. We often have several change orders on jobs. The software makes it easy to keep track of everything. I love the drill down feature. As a general contractor we have hundreds of cost codes per job. If I make a mistake (yes I am human and do make mistakes), I am able to find it quickly and drill down and fix it. The software helps me look perfect in the eyes of my bosses.

Cons

We recently starting using Procore and Sage 100 does not integrate. We chose to wait until Sage 100 integrated rather than switch software. I wish it would pull the cost code from the subcontract and not the vendor file. We often have a subcontractor do more than one cost code and it would be nice if it would pull the cost code from the subcontract set up and not the vendor file set up.

Heather from Boser Constrution, Inc.

Overall a good experience of the software.

It's our prime operating software, so we function day to day and year to year.

Pros

The ease of navigating the menu's, the standard reports and the ability to create custom reports. The software is user friendly and easily able to identify where the user should look in each module to find applicable items for their role.

Cons

It appears to be like Microsoft Excel, but does not operate the same. There are many minor key functions or cell functions that would be helpful that are not available.

Lori from Hurlocker Properties Inc

I almost did not get hired as I had no experience w/ Sage software.

Unlimited. Could not run the business without it. Keeps billing correct. Records for job costing, budgeting, AR, AP, ...... all of it. It's easy & accurate. It's very easy & very accurate.

Pros

Easy to use. Taught myself. It works. Has a lot of power! However a smaller company only needs to use as much of it as they want. Choose as much or as little as you desire.

Cons

The support. In the rare (maybe once a year) event I have to ask a question, they do not answer the phone. I can never get on the portal.

Elizabeth from Drum Plumbing, Inc.

Sage - Master Builder

Pros

The program is easy to use. There are so many reports that provide great information on the company as a whole as well as reports for specific projects. The representatives in technical support are very knowledgeable and resolve most issues within the first phone call

Cons

It is difficult to customize reports and currently we are unable to use the email feature for scheduled reports. WE have contacted technical support and have been unable to resolve the issue.

Grace from Witmer's construction

We have used SAGE 100 - Master Builder for about 20 years!

SAGE 100 is a very solid program and continues to stay current with technology.

Pros

It is a complete program for a small to mid size construction company. It is user friendly with many easy to find help screens.

Cons

We have had to hire outside support. SAGE 100 company support person have not been as helpful. We hire Wright Office for support and they are so helpful, but the persons on the support lines at SAGE are not really knowledgeable in actually using the program.

Colleen from Lakes Construction Co Inc

Sage Contractor is a must have for job cost reliant companies.

No, just this is a good program for job cost.

Pros

Ability to track cost. Being able to go to past years and research cost and construction trends. Job cost is very important to my company, Sage Contractor, has all the bells and whistles that make for excellent tracking of cost.

Cons

needing a budget entered to see cost to sales, really should be able to have cost with out budgets and still be able to at end of job compare cost of sales to sales. For profit following.

Renee' from CBH, Inc

Really like working with Sage. They listen and really work to answer questions and work hard at implementing ideas sent in by users

Willingness of support to help

Pros

Ease of finding and keeping track of items entered into Sage. Accounting works really well when all is entered correctly.

Cons

Takes awhile to enter various codes and accounts, but once done- works great. Takes some time to learn to use the program but well worth it. Wish the support tickets would roll over into next year(s). Some years all work well, and others we struggle with what is going on in our company and need more support.

Zina from Movement For Life, Inc.

Sage 100

I have used this software for daily accounting needs in construction and residential accounting in my previous job.

Pros

This is very easy to use and can help with cost accounting and regular accounting as well. Very user friendly and can be easy to navigate

Cons

Cindy from THURSTON Companies, Inc.

Sage 100 Contractor Review

Pros

It has a wonderful support system, easily learned, and stable environment, meets most every need of any contractor.

May 2015

Kathy from Fullford Electric Inc

May 2015

This software makes accounting with job costing so easy.

Pros

The best thing is easy job costing. Labor and materials are expensed to jobs with a few keystrokes. Once entered, you can pull accurate job cost reports with ease.

Cons

The only draw back is that if there's not already a canned report for what you're looking for, you can't always make one. In most areas (i.e. payables, payroll, receivables) you can make your own reports to pull data the way you want to see it, but if you want a report that pulls from all of these areas, you may need help. The good thing is, they have people to help and they are wonderful.

Andrea from Abode Construction

Sage 100 The Contractors Friend

Overall a pretty easy system to use. If you have ever worked with other software programs you can pick up fairly easy. Menu driven and easy to navigate.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Pretty straightforward as to howe it is laid out. Easy bank reconciliation and reoccurring transactions. Job creation and sub accounts are easy to track costing and close once completed.

Cons

No way to track lean wavers. A script had to be written so we could even send lean waivers which is an important part of the construction business. This should be a feature. Cost code menu should be made so you can alpha or have a search feature by name.

Penny from JWI Restoration, Inc.

Excellant product

Over all I have been very satisfied with this product.

Pros

The amount of time saved doing various government reports and for insurance purposes has been unbelievable. What use to take me hours to complete can now be accomplished in just minutes.

Cons

The only feature which I wish would improve is when the daily time is posted it would be reflected in the job cost. As of now, it does not post until after the payroll is processed.