• Pros

• "I like this is easy to use and easy to explain to my contractors for their use and accessiblity."

• "Its integration with UDA Construction Suite as well as the compatibility across the board. "

• "Red Line Plan Room, RFI's, Submittals. Pretty much all of the commercial tools are invaluable to me. I stand by ease of navigation as well."

• Cons

• "The applications need to be tweaked to be a lot more user friendly. Instead of having so many applications, you need to have one source where the contractor/client/vendor can navigate seamlessly. "

• "RFI would be nice to have without enterprise. Otherwise it's great "

• "Customer Support lacking The mobile apps are a joke The how to videos go on forever and leave one asking "I just need the basics" "

Browse UDA ConstructionOnline Reviews

Rean from LCI Services, Inc.

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

Pros

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Kelly from Yakama Nation Housing Authority

Excellent speed and ease of use

Mananging numerous subcontractors on numerous projects. Makes keeping track easy.

Pros

The fact that it is extremely fast and has a ton of great features

Cons

Not sure yet I haven't used enough to find a con.

Reasons for Choosing UDA ConstructionOnline

All around ease use and function sand they were more affordable.

Andrew from UIP General Contracting

2.5

August 2015

I mostly use the logging and punch list features on a day-to-day basis

Pros

When I called for help, I received an immediate and effective solution, and the project logging application is much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Cons

I think that the punch list function should automatically copy me on all punch list reminders that are sent to subs so I can follow up with them on the same email thread and keep conversations better organized. The work log resource type should be more robust as it does not appear to be developed by someone with construction experience (obviously builders do not typically moonlight as software developers, but I think there is more room for growth in catering to construction professionals).

Rebecca from Northern Legendary Construction

Northern Legendary Review

I am setting it up to integrate properly with our Quickbooks software through the Socket function, and I really enjoy how the two connect. It seems to integrate well with quick books as long as you understand how the QB items work.

Pros

I like the integration capabilities with Quickbooks, it's very easy to use. I also really enjoy the estimate templates and cost code set up. They are very easy to customize and make to fit your company needs.

Cons

It needs equipment management!! There is a lot out there for estimating, project management and accounting integration, but there isn't much for equipment costing and tracking. Sage 100 features this and I think your software would go even further if you introduced equipment management as well. I also would like an option to not have a parent account when setting up an estimate into quick books, I aslo feel it could merge with the Chart of accounts a little better as well, the generic 'income' and 'expense' account could be made to fit the COA a little bit better.

September 2016

Rebekah from Property Preservation Specialists, Inc.

September 2016

User friendly and a great value!

Pros

UDA ConstructionOnline was very easy to use and navigate. As I was setting the system up and learning how to navigate through all of the features, the customer service/help desk team was always there to answer my questions. If the person that answered the phone could not help me, then they always found a person that could.

Cons

A pro/con about the product is that there are a lot of different sections which allows for a lot of different types of activities to be performed within the same platform. I liked the option to update properties through the app, but I didn't like that all of the different activities usually took many clicks to get to the right place. It would be helpful if the site was more integrated and allowed for information to be transferred from Punch List to Schedule to Game Plan to To-Do more easily. Seemed like I was setting up the same information in four different places and that can be time consuming.

HOMER from Self Employed

The Most Useful and Efficient Construction Software

Project Budget Management and Project Budget Tracking

Pros

I have used UDA for the past five years and is now realizing how much more this software will help my business grow.

Cons

I will need more training time from UDA on the operation of this software.

NONE

Steve from Adriatic Restoration Corp

Checked them all out

Very dedicated, professional and pleasant staff to work with. I am not an easy customer, I have owned my business for over 37 years and was set in my ways. When I started to use this program I realized immediately that this was going to make us more efficient and better organized. Its a no brainer.

Pros

User interface, ease of use in most places. Color coordinating to help you streamline program and the fact that it started to save me time right from the beginning. Support team is great and they really try to help you move along. Overall its easy to navigate and they don't put a whole bunch of things that you will never use. They really do work hard to make it easy for us.

Cons

There really is no cons, they are the real deal.

Reasons for Choosing UDA ConstructionOnline

For us, it just seemed to be very straight forward without all the heavy weight. Don't get me wrong this is a heavy weight but organized.

Kelsey from Hamptons Habitat Enterprises Corp.

Great Experience

My experience with COL is always so great - The webinars that they host are a perfect way to learn new tricks with the system, and for me to catch up to speed since I have not been utilizing the system long. Also, when I reach out to the company for questions or input they always are so quick to respond with resolutions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially has been my guru with a lot of my questions and extremely helpful! They create a great partnership with their customer experience.

Pros

I like how the software is very easy to use. I have not been on the team long, but have been able to quickly catch up because of how simple and effortless it can be to run a project.

Cons

The COL team is working hard on implementing new ideas, so I am sure that this will be resolved - But I had mentioned to them that the costs for selections should link directly with a line item in the estimate (similar to change orders).

Bill from Benchmark Builders

Industry Leading Client Service

We’re using the service to manage estimates and will soon be expanding our use to include change orders etc.

Pros

The support I’ve received by one of your agents,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Not easy to move files between Suite and ConstructionOnline.

Reasons for Choosing UDA ConstructionOnline

We like that it resembles the UDA Construction Suite product we’ve been using.

This is a great product, very good customer service

When I contact the company for questions or input, they are always quick to respond with resolutions. but we hope to use the GamePlan function when it's ready

Pros

It seems to integrate well with agile books as long as you understand how QB items work. When I called for help, I received an effective and immediate solution and the project logging application was much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Cons

My only complaint is that I have waited too long to implement my software program integration. I don't really have any negative comments ... the product continues to evolve and improvements are added and unlike many systems

Johanna from Greenleaf Design Build

Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Pros

I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Cons

A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

March 2016

Arleen from Green Matters Construction, Inc.

March 2016

Time saving and expert and friendly support team

Pros

With regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.

Cons

Don't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!

Eugene from NCL Farms Construction.

As a UDA Construction User,

Wonderful

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!

Cons

About the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.

Reasons for Choosing UDA ConstructionOnline

Have been working with UDA, I think, just after they started and it has all been pleasant.

Barry from Advent Home Solutions

ConstructionOnline reliability & support

Pros

Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not. I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".

Cons

I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

Michael from Michael D. Childers Builders LLC/

Good Construction Software

I been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.

Pros

Construction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.

Cons

Don't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.

Reasons for Choosing UDA ConstructionOnline

User friendly, straight forward software with extra contracts and other features makes it a solid construction software for the professional contractor.

Jorge from Sky Living Co.

This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools.

Pros

There is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's. The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.

Cons

There are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room. The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.

Bennett from MDV Remodeling

November 2015

Useable right out of the box

Pros

The software is very flexible and can be customized the individual way anyone compiles their estimates. The folks at UDA are always courteous and friendly.

Cons

PRODUCT: The Project descriptions ("Scopes of Work") are not tied directly to the individual estimates inside a "Project". So, if you have multiple versions/revisions of an estimate for a Project (like changing around scope of work or specifications during the "Sales Process" based on client discussions (e.g. adding or subtracting), you are forced to remember to go into a different module to change the original "description" that you wrote or your estimate and specifications will not match. VENDOR: (1) They do a very poor job of communicating changes to the software they have made and/or what changes may actually be planned. It would seem simple enough to produce a feature change log. (2) If you leave a message at the office there is only about a 10% chance you will receive a return call.

Robert from Allstates Building Systems

Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online.

UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Pros

Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Cons

Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

Charles from Armstrong Builders LLC

July 2015

Construction online helps me keep it all straight

Pros

CO keeps all my documents, notes, logs, appointments and anything else I need to put in there and organizes it in a simple way so I can get what I need when I need it. This business can be crazy, and CO is a powerful tool that lets me keep things under control. I'm learning more all the time, and I know I don't use it to its fullest yet, but even so my business has shown a tremendous impact. Staying organized is what it is all about. The guys at UDA have always been so helpful and respectful. They are able to guide me when I need it even if I am under a deadline and stressed out. If there is a problem they cant't fix on the phone, they can get on the screen share and find a solution or get back to me with a fix in a reasonable time.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Maybe I'd like it more if they were headquartered in my town.

Elizabeth from Bell Custom Homes LLC

Software is Good; Customer Service is Amazing

Good software. A little pricey in my opinion. Does have a lot to it that you can use if someone really wanted to use all the functions and features. But the customer service almost makes it worth it all. Caroline Prater really keeps me staying with the software when I have wanted to leave this software in the past. Because of the customer service it makes me stay. :)

Pros

Customer Service is always there to help. Carolina Prater is amazing and always promptly answers my questions or issues I may have.

Cons

The app has a lot to be desired. It is having issues at least once a month I get my job supers coming into office telling me something won't work.

Christopher from Core Contracting Inc

Great service from all the support group. The rep is always so helpful.

Pros

Construction Online has helped organize Core Contracting by using the technology of construction online. Construction Online is always improving, which is one thing I like so much. We are able to complete estimates, create dynamic schedule and connect with our customers using this one product.

Cons

When you use the product as designed, I don't see any negatives. I think scheduled ongoing training would eliminate allot of issues. Pick as section, get to know it, by using it, and then aim to learn another section anothertime

layne from Reform Contracting

Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations

Pros

The project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful

Cons

I would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project over to live. At that point, the estimate can't be altered, only change orders created. Some of the projects we begin building will never turn into jobs, so they will only have the estimating portion done more than likely. I wouldn't want that project to count as an overall project and go against the total amount we are allowed. But I would want to be able to at least be able to estimate through the system so if it turns into a job, it can carry over. I also think it's really important to be able to use the scheduling system through the app. I wish there were more options to customize the estimate reports to look more professional.

Alex from Cavalier Homes North Coast

2.5

January 2016

ConstructionOnline just keeps getting better.

Pros

I feel the product is in Sync with the building Industry. and I appreciate that UDA Technologies try hard to match Building practices/terminology with companies from each country that use the software! We build on the East Coast of Australia, between South West Rocks and Tweed Heads of New South Wales. Our Company puts Mobile apps designed by UDA to good use, and with such a big area We have to contend with, We find that these apps work very well. Our Company has been using UDA products for at least 7 years, and in the time We have experienced the effort UDA has put in to be on top of the game.

Cons

Navigation through the software on a "project basis" can be streamlined. there is a lack of written help files, and best use of software, in manual form, for quick reference.

Peter from Riemco Building Company

Industry: Architecture & Planning

On the Right Track

There are a load of great features that one day will make this software a pleasure to use. ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline are separately great products, but their interaction is clunky and leaves something to be desired. For all of the benefits that each provides, it is a chore to keep track of what tasks can be accomplished in each piece of software. With the great staff, support, and developers behind the product, I hope that one day this will be a much more smooth user experience. There is so much that it has to offer, but it still needs a fair amount of development before it is seamless. As a company, we will continue to use the software for the powerhouse that it is, and anxiously await updates. Additionally, the support staff has been a pleasure to work with, and their knowledge has helped us to take advantage of the software.

Pros

The range of features, cost database/estimating software, project management capabilities

Cons

The dual nature of ConstructionOnline and ConstructionSuite. Their integration is clunky and frustrating. There are a lot of features that seem like good ideas, but are only half baked, as of yet. The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.

Russell from Normandeau Roofing Ltd

UDA ConstructionOnline is User Friendly

We have moved some of our paper processes to electronic and we now have better oversight on the overall business. The intent is to move all or most of our project related processes to the platform and become much more efficient and have greater information at our fingertips.

Pros

The overall platform is user friendly and UDA listens to feature requests and works to incorporate your ideas for improved functionality.

Cons

The software does not cover all of our cross functional needs, but UDA is actively working on making improvements that will hopefully satisfy all of our needs.

Oscar from Robina Corporation

Best product I used for more than a year

This product has all your needs so worth it.

Pros

This product have a wide range of features that I can't ever imagine having it in a single product , It increase our efficiency and so convenient to use. I love this product so much!

Cons

So far I don't have any negative comment on using this product , I really appreciate there team effort for making this kind of product that continuously improving.

May 2015

Robert from RCC Construction LLC

May 2015

It just keeps getting BETTER!

Pros

I feel the product reflects the care and concern that the personnel of UDA Technologies project when they are asked to answer questions or provide technical help. The updates and changes with the interface keep reducing my work load in the office, while providing me with better cost control and work flow. The next best thing is you have resisted the "pitfall" of out sourcing your support group this is a major plus.

Cons

That I have to get up at 2 in the morning to get questions answered, as they say,"it's the price you pay for living in paradise" Hawaii

Kevin from Winchester Homes

Been a user for over ten years now with all the new features I don't need to look anywhere else.

More productive and organized allows me time in the field to deal with issues instead of in my office making phone calls.

Pros

The online scheduling and Game plan features allows me to do more with less people. We are also using the client portal to keep our clients informed.

Cons

I realize this is a new feature and still in Beta but would like to see increased load speeds on Red line plan room.

Sofia from BANCO POPULAR

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

BEST ONLINE TOOL to Manage your Construction Team

Pros

Right now I have the PRO USER service...for me, and for my company it has been VERY helpful to develop, document and organize the Construction/Owner Team. Is is easily accessed from PC, Mobiles, Tablets....there is on excuse that you can't have documents right away.

Cons

Right now...there is nothing I don't like....but there are things that could be done and would be better. Integration of MEETING MINUTES to document weekly/monthly meetings would be great!!! Addition of a feature that lets you keep track of Construction Drawings would be excelent!! Right now I am using the FILES to upload the construction documents....but it doesn't help me much when trying to track which version of a construction document page was updated.

Bob from Joy Custom Design Build

February 2016

Construction Suite earns their TOP HONORS awards!

Pros

Construction Suite is a complete software package that works fantastic for our custom home business. The reporting aspect of the estimating portion, makes our sales presentation to the perspective buyer run very smooth. The program runs seamlessly with QuickBooks, which makes our decision to use Construction Suite easier.

Cons

Haven't found anything that we don't like. The more we use the program, the more features we begin to implement within the company.

Pavel from Novacon Construction Inc

July 2015

One of the best investments in our company

Pros

We appreciate how the UDA estimating software works in conjunction with the UDA Construction Online. Since implementing Construction suite as our estimating software we have heard only good things about how professional our proposals. It has help streamline our business and the Construction Online is one of the best tools we have. It helps us save time, money and the client portal is an excellent way for us to communicate with our clients.

Cons

We have no dislikes of the software or vendor. We did however like the custom(PICTURE) watermark feature in previous version that was taken out.

Jim from Home Climates

UDA Software and Employees are the BEST!

We purchased this product to help us estimate and manage our residential field activities. We looked at several products, test drove a few and Construction Suite was hands down the best for end to end estimating and performance measurement. Not only is the product easy to use, but the sales, customer support and technical support staff are awesome. Everyone is knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. Wait times to speak with a representative are minimal and no matter who answers the phone they either help you right away or get you to the right resource very quickly. No need to leave a message and have someone call you back.

Pros

Seamless integration between the office and staff in the field. With punch lists, it's easy to check on the daily progress of our crews to keep them on time and on budget. The absolute best QuickBooks integration. We have several products that interact with our QuickBooks accounting software but none works as seamlessly as Construction Suite.

Cons

We really struggle to find things that we don't like.

Pat from Kirk Commercial Construction

It has been good so far but have really not done much other than setting up business and estimating.

Pros

The estimating, scheduling, and QuickBooks integration working together. Also, the client portal will be helpful. They have been very helpful in trying to help us get the software integrated into our business.

Cons

The online estimating piece is missing a lot of features that I was accustomed to on the desktop version - such as: adding tax to materials or all materials in a category (this is too much of a manual process in online version and doesn't work at all on the 5-column estimate), there is no line to qualify your material quantities (ie. LF, SF, EA, per hour, etc.), the subcategories need to be able to break down further similar to the desktop version. It would also be helpful to have some estimate templates available to use for different applications instead of having to build your own. There needs to be a way to incorporate optional pricing into/or back out of the estimate. Would be helpful to be able to attach more than one estimate to a particular project.

Michael from Dick Construction Inc.

Amazing to have all team members collaborating on one system

Pros

The pros to owning this software is having the file management system and file sharing along with controlling what each person is able to see or operate

Cons

We haven't really had any major problems there is a small learning curve only do to there are several ways to do each task people have different preferences

September 2015

Katie from RLM Holdings

September 2015

Love Love Love!

Pros

This product is great. I use it almost daily as a custom home builder and it has definitely simplified a lot of the back office processes that were done pre-Construction Online. It saves time through the different tracking and integration tools which in turn saves us money. It has become my go to communication tool with subs and clients.

Cons

There really hasn't been any part of it that I have not enjoyed.

Matthew from M.R. Brewer, Inc

Excellent Product!

Pros

The ease of use and functionality by far separates it from the other competitors on the market. And their customer service is probably the best customer service department we have dealt with.

Cons

The mobile apps are a little clunky for your cell phones and tablets, especially the Onsite Photo App. We use Samsung Galaxy Tablets in the field and uploading progress photos with the app is an issue.

Sebastian from Veritas Contracting Group

The absolute best construction management program paired with phenomenal customer service.

Ease of use, robustness, and customer service.

Pros

The robustness of ConstructionOnline does not leave me wanting. The program is simple enough for even the most tecnological challenged consumer can master within an hour...extremely intuitive. The customer service is unparalleled, UNPARALLELED.

DJ from Turnkey Building Services

We are excited to put gameplan into action, but it seems it needs some work first

Our business uses it for scheduling, but we are looking forward to using the GamePlan function when it is ready

Pros

If GamePlan works as it should, this could almost turn our operations into a self driving car. The increased efficiency and convenience we expect to get out of this should have a direct impact on our bottom line, as well as our ability to leave our clients satisfied

Cons

The OnSite App seems to need work before we can even use this. The language used in the app is confusing as well as the functionality. This makes the likelihood of proper use by our guys in the field highly unlikely, which could be worse than if we don't use GamePlan at all. It needs to be clear to the user that they just "Completed" the task. Currently, it says "Dismiss Event," which sounds more like you are ignoring the task. Additionally, you need a submit button, complete task button, or some type of clear confirmation that lets the OnSite User know, for sure, that they have just completed the task in the system. Then, the main page of the app needs to reflect that the task was completed. Additionally, I do not see anything actually being completed in construction online from the operations manager end of things. That takes most of the benefits of the software away. I tested this by creating a fake user account and assigning tasks to myself from construction online. I couldn't tell what I was doing when I was "Dismissing" event because I couldn't tell if it has updated the app. Then when I went into construction online, it did not show that anything of the tasks were completed. Again, we can't wait to get GamePlan implemented in the business, but I think we need some kinks worked out before we put it into place.

Jim from Tristate Generation and Transmission

Blew me away how easy it was to put schedules into the software!!

I really appreciate their support. Whenever I call them with questions, they are excellent in wanting to make sure that my questions are taken care of. They also have training on their system on Utube which is excellent.

Pros

The ease of use of the software in putting together schedules, estimates, budgets, etc. I like the idea that it is on the cloud so that you can invite others users, customers to become a part of the scheduling system that provides information about their project without having to load software onto their company systems. With the use of the mobile phones, the mobile app is excellent for field people to see their schedules. The price of using the software is excellent and was hard to believe that you could provide this type of information to your customers.

Cons

There are a few things I would like to see in the software such as letting me know when a person, piece of equipment or something else is already scheduled for a job on those dates.

October 2015

Albert from Hanscomb Means

October 2015

UDA ConstructionSuite 7 Review

Pros

It's good for repetitive tasks, scheduling program has great integration with the estimating program. The program does have good functionality. It is organized well and can make up for a lot of shortcomings of the average small to mid size construction companies office administration.

Cons

Having to have labor, material, equipment on separate lines and very limited control over the formatting, highlighting, italicizing and/or calling out of subsections within a category inside a division within the estimate. Inadequate integration with on-screen takeoff programs such as plan swift.

Bryan from NTS Development

September 2016

I started learning this program 2 days ago so I am very new.

Pros

I like the scheduling the best. Breaking down the order everything happens is very important in planning a project. I will be using the punch list feature a great deal, I like how it is shared and other people can cross off items from the list.

Cons

It is a bit clunky. What I mean by that is difficult to navigate, specifically the scheduling. When I click on Projects & Files and choose the project I want to work on, I would like to see a snapshot of the schedule right there, or at least a link to it. Instead I have to go back to the bar on the left side and click scheduling. I may be missing something here. Also, when I am typing in dates, percent completed, and predecessors I wish I could use tab and enter or the arrow keys to move around the spreadsheet. I have to click on every single box that I need. Also when I try to resize the Gantt view vs the list view so I can see the predecessors and the Gantt, my mouse always disappears. It will still click but I am just kind of guessing.

June 2015

Tom from Tom Lupfer & Co., LLC

June 2015

A good project management solution with room to grow and improve

Pros

Customer support and training is very good. UDA seems committed to upgrading the product so that it becomes a fully functional SaaS project management solution.

Cons

Navigation needs to be streamlined, the user interface doesn't allow for customization and contact sorting is poorly done. Contact sorting becomes a real problem when using the OnSite apps. The apps only sort by first name and all you see is first name/last name. A company sort in the apps would be much more useful especially when a project superintendent is task project logging. How many times are the supers or foremen on a first name basis with Owner or PM for a Subcontractor?

Quinton from Harris Builders

Game Changer - Time Saver

Pros

Estimating software, very easy to use, fast and keeps track of all my costs. Scheduling is very important to our business, and the team link keeps everyone one time! Every time I have an issue, I pick up the phone and call UDA. I have a lot of full service, online support for a lot of different products. I would say UDA is number 1. I never have to wait, and they always stay on and help until I am fully satisfied. Really excellent service!

Cons

There is really nothing that I don't like. This product has done everything i thought it would and more!

Audrey from Accenture

This product is so AWESOME!

I love using this product so much!

Pros

I love the way I can access our team files from time to time, anywhere I want thru online accessing , and the customer service was so accommodating your team was so great!

Cons

For me this product was so great , I don't have any issue using it , I'm still hoping for new updates and features of this product.

Michael from 13 Thirteen, Inc. / Moore Construction

Tech support is awesome.

Speeds my construction process.

Pros

Estimating and scheduling

Cons

Mobile app. Would like access to the entire program...primarily budget. Would like Item level estimating like Suite.

Lee from Anthony Slabaugh Remodeling & Design

November 2015

Slight growing adjustments but worth it

Pros

The online tool takes away a lot of the monotonous emailing I have to do and helps keep everyone on board. It also reduces the number of calls I get. Clients really seem to love it and feel more connected. UDA's customer service is great. we have the ongoing support so we call anytime we have a question.

Cons

Growing pains. I was used to doing things the old way and stuck in those habits. Learning a new system is hard, but it can be freeing.

Cathy from Kavanagh Construction Co.

Small Construction Company Use

Pros

It keeps all you data in one place. It also is compatible with Quickbooks.

Cons

A definite learning curve when navigating through the software. Does have some limitations with transporting data to Quickbooks.

Su from DeVille Developments

Ease of use

Communicating with my contractors is the best value of this product, if you get updated plans you upload and then are able to send quickly to everyone to update them.

Pros

Cons

It's so easy to use, I guess just learning the intricate little parts in each field is my least favorite.

Patti from Palmer Custom Builders

The purpose of this review is to give a shout out to one of your Product Specialists ...

What I want to relay the most to you is that I can honestly say that every single time I have called the UDA Helpline and have spoken to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , I was greeted with kindness, serviced with professionalism and overall want you to know that in my opinion, she would be one of your most valuable assets and employees!

Pros

The product support and moreso, the absolute professionalism and kindness of your Product Specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Cons

I like the software; when I call in it is usually with a question having to do with how Suite and Online talk to each other.

Tony from Sherrill Construction Company

All in one place

Pros

I like the ability to track all my projects resources and material in one place. The system is also easy to navigate. Tabs help a lot.

Cons

The "Resource Type" drop down menu is seriously lacking in construction trades. An option was added to add "New Types" but the system doesn't save it. So we have trades on-site for multiple days that we have scroll to "New Type" and type in the trade. If I add it, it should keep it. Same for adding a specific subcontractor. If I add "Joes Masonry" to the system on the 1st day he arrives, it should auto-populate from that point forward.