• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Not as complicated as other CRM's."

• "It’s ease of use and manageability. I find it’s funct works well with rarely a glitch. "

• "Setting and completing tasks is easy. The link to iCalander is good. Tags are great. The link to Xero is good ."

• Cons

• "Capsule is a perhaps a little bit 'too simple'. You may soon outgrow it. Does not have auto-followup which would pop up after a task completion."

• "There are actually a handful of features that I would like but are missing. There are workarounds, however."

• "I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons. "

Browse Capsule Reviews

Guy from GG Fit Ltd

Great CRM for Contacts, Tasks, Opportunities and pipelines

Really good Customer, Prospect and Lead management solution Reminder to contact Management of team tasks, and assignment to team members

Pros

Simple contact and account management, link task reminders to contacts and or opportunities. Integration with GMail etc, Xero, MailChimp

Cons

Mobile app could be a litte more user friendly, it would be great to automatically add a follow-up task when you close one. But these are both really minor issues in the grand scheme!

David from QUest Training

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time. The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support. Its online and accessible on an app It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons

The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance. Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify 300 a month We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Reasons for Choosing Capsule

We wanted simplicity and it met out needs initially - we still use it but it's almost too simple and we would love to see more innovation and features which we could use.

A CRM for startups - everything you need and nothing you dont

Pros

It is a highly customizable software CRM. Track every interaction with stakeholders using the web app, email plugins, and most importantly the iOS app! The app uses the cloud based client database as a sort of substitute for your phones address book, phone dialer, and portal to add client interactions. Best mobile app for a CRM platform!

Cons

It can be tricky linking interactions with multiple stakeholders.

Response from Zestia

Replied January 2020

Hi Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule and your support - we're really glad you like the mobile app. As for linking interactions with multiple stakeholders, if we can understand a little more about how you want interactions linked we may be able to offer some options or understand whether there are some ways we can amend Capsule. If you can write to us directly at support@capsulecrm.com then our support team will be able to help you out.

Beth from WholenessWorks

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Best in Class CRM

I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros

Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons

The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Best fit for our needs

Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics

Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros

The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons

Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company. It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

Reuben from Link Solutions New Zealand

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Pros

Capsule does everything a CRM should: - All of your organisation and contact information in one place - Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero - Mobile app for capturing new leads - Customisable opportunity management - Customisable case (ticket) management - Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy - Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons

Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of: - The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point. - Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing - Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility - Capsule is not an email client - Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Piers from MediaFund Limited

Industry: Publishing

Should run our lives

We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros

We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons

I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

ASHISH from PUSH GROUP LIMITED

user review

good for a startup to small size business. not sure if it would stretch to bigger business due to limited functionality

Pros

easy to use exportable data to finance package

Cons

limited usage not multicurrency not all data can be exported to accounts package from capsule

Mike from Social5

Works great and simple to use

Technically it has always worked great and customer service is always prompt and very friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use. Not as complicated as other CRM's.

Cons

Wish it was easier to delete files that are no longer needed to save space.

Guy from The Cave NZ

Capsule Time Saver

* Real time recording of notes....details * Task setting & reminders * Ease of use for front end users * Functional database details collection/storage

Pros

Able to record in real time. A huge plus as per old method of speaking to new/existing clients and forgetting conversation details the following day or trying to locate the piece of paper with scribbled notes :-)

Cons

Nothing! Would be great if it could refill my coffee cup :-)

Reasons for Choosing Capsule

It was highly recommended by a friend who also owns his own company. Thanks Capsule. Very well thought out for the end user like myself. Non complicated and does what it says it will do. Happy Days!! :-)

Bill from ComputAssist

Quick to set up and start getting results

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it. I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros

Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags. There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule. I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons

The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

Edo from MODUN CONSULTING

Industry: Building Materials

Finaly a solution for my needs!

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities. My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors. Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM. Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office. Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros

Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons

Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts. Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

James from PersonalFinanceGenius.com

One of the best CRMs I've ever used

Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros

I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Scott from Mid-Shore IT

I use this daily as a CRM for my small business contacts, and love how quick and easy it is to use.

Easy note taking which facilitates better interaction with my clients. I love the central location of all my info and that I can access it on my smart devices too.

Pros

I love how easy it is to complete just about any task imaginable. I make a LOT of notes for my customer accounts, and I love how each note can have any number of file attachments to them, but all the attachments for ALL the notes are also kept in a different area. Being able to integrate with my Google Apps account is a BIG plus, as is the ability to have emails I send instantly saved to customer records without me doing anything. Creating custom fields is also a breeze and makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

I really don't like the huge gap between a free account and a professional account. They need to increase storage limits AND create a plan between free and professional price points for smaller businesses. This is what really holds me back from doing more with this software, and keeps me in the market for different software constantly.

Mauro from Ibuildings Italia

An "Honest and Basic" CRM for sme

Capsule is an easy to use CRM with all the "basic" necessary features to manage your customers / prospects and their history It is the centralized place where you can store all your customers / prospects contacts and manage them. You need other specialized tools if you want to manage completely the pipeline, the sales cycle, the service tickets There some good integrations but limited. All the rest should be managed via API

Pros

Easy to use Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures) Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk Good the App for iOS

Cons

Limited tools integration No a really solution to manage sales cycles and tickects

Jason from Land of Joy - Tushita

Stands out from the crowd

Having used a number of CRMs, Capsule has stood out as an excellent all round package. The interface is accessible and easy to navigate, whilst the settings are in-depth enough to allow for professional alterations tailored to any particular cause. We are a charity and use it to track our philanthropic relationships, donations and overall workload. One of it's best features is how easy it is to assign and track tasks, and manage multiple shared relationships and communications across a large team. Thanks to Capsule, I know for certain it's helped us to better achieve our goals.

Pros

It can be tailored to a significant extent Easy to track relationships and communications Easy to assign and track tasks Nice light easy to navigate interface

Cons

It's export functionalities and query are somewhat limited

March 2015

Rosi from CSR-Atlanta

March 2015

Capsule: Simple But Powerful

Pros

Capsule is flexible, easy to grasp, and fairly straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper and use all the features and strategies, you can absolutely get more out of it. It made the whole concept of a CRM come alive for me. It's also really affordable! Other CRMs are more powerful (and harder to learn) but there's no way our company could've afforded those.

Cons

I wish that they had a way to label an individual as being employed at more than one company, and recording past employers. A more detailed walkthrough of "cases" would be really useful, since that's what people ask me about the most (and don't seem to understand, for whatever reason). Also, it would be amazing if Capsule had tutorial videos on their YouTube channel, like a lot of other CRM companies do. Finally, user permissions would be nice (but not something that is a particularly sore spot--you get what you pay for).

Been using Capsule for over two years, and it's easy to track leads, clients and tasks per project.

Cost efficient way to keep daily tasks organized.

Pros

The best thing about Capsule is how helpful it is with keeping me organized. We have over 100 clients that I need to keep track of. With each client at a different phase, it could become overwhelming to keep track of all of the details. Capsule helps me stay on top of everything

Cons

Tracking emails is a little cumbersome. I BCC a capsule email address associated with a project. When a client replies to that email the BCC is not copied, so that email does not get tracked. I could copy the email address, but that is not something I want the client to see,

One of the best CRM solutions

Pros

Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons

Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

Fritz from EyeFly

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great CRM for B2B relations

Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros

Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons

Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

Harry from Elevate

Great lightweight CRM

Capsule CRM is a great lightweight CRM which lets you get started straight away. It's simple to set up and a very good CRM when you're first getting started. It's got great integrations between systems, a hook up to XERO which is very handy to see invoices that are attached to the client. The other great part is the custom functionality you can build into the system, it takes a little bit of time but its really worth it. The only thing that stops me from using it now is it's not a marketing automation tool and our business needs a crm+MA in one software.

Pros

Easy to use Very little Setup Great integrations

Cons

Not a marketing automation + CRM

Murray from Accelerando Ltd.

Simple, easy to use CRM software

Capsule is a really simple, straightforward CRM for small businesses. It's reasonably good value for money, easy to use, and very useful for tracking your sales, customers and prospects.

Pros

Intuitive UI Easy to use Uncomplicated Email dropbox

Cons

Could do with more options to prioritise tasks - they just get served up in date order, irrespective of whether or not they are important. This makes the task feature effectively unusable.

Simple and smart CRM solution for startups!

Pros

The interface is simple but modern and intuitive. The bundled mobile app is convenient on the go. Integration with Xero and Google suite is just perfect. It syncs with Google contacts, Gmail integration feels like it's built-in, no need to install and maintain pesky Chrome extensions! There's also Google tasks integration that we plan to explore. With Xero, we can sync customer information and manage it solely in Capsule. Invoices and overdue payments can also be seen in one place inside Capsule.

Cons

As a startup who explores and experiments with business processes a lot, changing requirements also needs fast solutions. Capsule integration with third-party apps is really good but not perfect. Capsule lets you use their app however you please and does not suggest best practices out of the box. This freedom can sometimes lead to a lot of research, analysis paralysis, and being stuck. We reached that point but customer support was so awesome that they went out of their way to walk us through the most viable solution available.

The perfect CRM for start ups and fast growing SMBs

Capsule is one of the cornerstones of our sales organisation.

Pros

Good value for money, quick setup, reasonably customizable, easy to use. Good integration with G-Mail and Mailchimp.

Cons

Bulk editing was a bit weak for a long time, but got massively improved this year (2018). Integration through Zapier with our accounting software Bexio doesn't support our use cases.

Eric from Jones IT

Nice Cloud Directory Platform

Pros

-Easy to use and navigate -Custom tags for customers -Phone app for iOS work well

Cons

-Importing contacts from office 365 or Gsuite would be handy -Had an issue with Android app where it took nearly 10 minutes syncing the contacts when I tried to open the app, I needed the information asap as I was stranded outside an office which was inconvenient

Socrates from Panos Management

Simple, straightforward, and powerful. Great for small teams

The clean user interface and calendar tools / follow-up task management features are great to get things organized and your business focused on driving sales.

Pros

It's intuitive so getting your team on it and started won't be difficult, even if they're not tech savvy. The layout is clean and straightforward too - helps keep the focus on selling (your initial contact with prospects and the required follow up). Priced fairly too.

Cons

If you have a big team, you can probably find other alternatives for what it will end up costing you. The general features are great but once you move into more of the advanced stuff, it can be a headache - those who aren't tech savvy will struggle.

Jessica from PowerLogics, Inc

Fantastic & Simple

We started using Capsule about a year ago and are very pleased with it! Over time we were able to really adjust the softwares capabilities to our business process which has helped to streamline our efficiency. Our employees enjoy how simple and straight forward it is too. The capsule customer service team is always very helpful, quick to answer questions and very friendly. We have also suggested some features we would like to see and they are very receptive of that. It seems as though they are constantly working towards improving!

Pros

Very simple! Easy to learn.

Cons

Changing some of the fields to be customized would be great! There is a way to add custom fields but it would be nice to edit some of the already existing ones to be able to use our 'lingo' instead.

Keith from ysura GmbH

Reduced feature set at reduced price but always reliable

If Salesforce.com overwhelms you, try Capsule. Costs about 5% of salesforce and has 5% of the features, but it probably has all the features you need. Really easy to set up and maintain.

Pros

Price, ease of use, speed

Capsule CRM !!!

Overall awesome experience

Pros

- Excellent tool for managing sale leads - Easy to use GUI - Easy customer communication tracking with leads - Task delegation to team - Easy sale pipelines management - Integration with help desk portals - Integrations with G Suite

Cons

- No integration with Office 365 - No mass mailouts in capsule for marketing purpose - Free trail requires credit card which isn't good

Nicola from Harris Agencies

Easy to use great value

I use it to maximise customer information and to track progress.

Pros

Its ease of use and manageability. I find its funct works well with rarely a glitch.

Cons

There are lots of features I dont use due to my not quite understanding all the possibilities.

Kelly from Martin Moran Roofing

User Friendly

Pros

We like the way that Capsule integrates with Freshbooks as well as with Gmail. This is very useful for our business.

Cons

We would like to be able to have a way to job cost within Capsule and integrate that into the Freshbooks program.

Richard from Cowan Import Ltd

Invaluable

Contact management.

Pros

Cons

Cannot print the contact name, address and notes on one report. No sync to Unleashed inventory software.

Nicola from Medical Industry Limited

Capsule CRM review

Pros

Capsule is very easy to use and also use alongside other programmes such as Mail Chimp which we are currently using for email shots. Very quick and easy to keep records on companies and for others to see notes, sales etc

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that on my iPad I have to look at it upright which doesn't really worth with the case on it.....

Joel from Embroco

Great Basic CRM with Gmail integration and easy customization.

Pros

One of the problems with CRMs is that they are usually developed for a certain case scenario and that setup is not quite what you need. Capsule is nice and simple and pretty intuitive. It's Gmail integration is useful and you can easily add custom fields. Another big plus is the mobile app. These features make for a CRM that you can have up and running and grasp the basics by the end of the day. It is also very affordable, you can even use it for free. I have used it, still use it, and recommend it.

Cons

The mobile app is nice but could use some polishing. The UI is decent but could be better, more visual.

November 2015

Robin from Eagle Consumables

November 2015

Easy, user-friendly, inexpensive

I've been using Capsule CRM in a few different organisations for about 2 years. It far surpasses the extremities of Zoho and Salesforce. The layout is easy on the eyes. It's a very simple system for documenting history against clients whether it be cases, sales opportunities or a timeline of notes.

Pros

Lists of contacts and/or organisations can be generated based on field or tag criteria Data-tagging is a great way to use additional fields within a tag Integration with other systems is seamless Email dropbox is handy for sending notes or copying client correspondence via email Tracks are an absolute life-saver - you can set up tasks in a track to help manage a case or opportunity

Cons

Multiple tasks in tracks can't be allocated to employees

Stephen from Stephen Taylor & Associates Ltd.

Simple But Functional

Overall, Capsule was in my top 3 CRMs for small businesses.

Pros

Capsule has a really nice UI. There is no clutter. Capsule has auto-save which prevents you from leaving a window before you 'save'. Critical for me. Has a 'case' module which is usually found in more expensive software.

August 2011

David from 5000fish, Inc.

August 2011

Great Small Business CRM

I really like CapsuleCRM. I've used Salesforce, Zoho, TactileCRM, Goldmine (years ago) and CapsuleCRM is so far the best in the small business market. It has a very easy interface to use, great tagging and list tagging capabilities. Easy to integrate via email or API. The only negative right now is it doesn't have security, any user with access can see everything and do everything. It's fine for small business but if you require security, I don't think you can use CapsuleCRM until they add that feature. Luckily for me our sales team is open so we can use this great tool, I hope they add security soon so we don't have to leave this product when we our sales team expands and we will need more security control.

Pros

The best thing I like about it is the dropbox and being able to leverage email to create notes, opportunities, tasks and the best part is that it auto-creates the customer if they don't exist. Also the pipeline tracking with milestones are great.

Cons

They really need to add access control and security. Right now everything is wide open which is fine for a small business but as a business grows, it will be key to have the security. I hope they add it soon.

February 2012

Coen

February 2012

CapsuleCRM is social

The integration with Google Apps is awesome. The GMail gadget let's you add opportunities from within you inbox, attach email to opportunities, manage contacts etc. Installation and configuration of CapsuleCRM is so easy. We compared different CRM systems and we wanted the Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn information within our database. Capsule does a really good job in synchronizing this information. The mobile version (webbrowser only) is working good on iOS, like a native app, the performance is somewhat slow but it will do for the functionality required. You are using a CRM system for sales and it does an awesome job. The sales pipeline is very helpfull in discussing the status of the salescycles. Reporting could be more. Defining the stages of a salescycle and determing the phase of the salescycle is an awesome feature. The support is very responsive and helpful. Looking at price vs quality and features we still didn't regret choosing CapsuleCRM!

Pros

- social account integration (pictures and latest intell) - gmail gadget!!! - contact sync in Google Contacts - SSO via Google Apps - webapp - ease of use - support - salescycle possibilities

Cons

- performance webapp

Michelle from Thought Ratio Pty Ltd

Simple, intuitive and saves time!

Im a small business and Ive tried many other CRMs before Capsule. Ive found Capsule saves me lots of time as its intuitive and automatically stores data for me about clients.

Pros

I love how it sits alongside my Gmail and automatically captures and stores conversations with clients.

Cons

The free version was so restricted, it made it virtually useless.

Juliana from Reliant Roofing Inc.

Absolutely love capsule!

Pros

What I like most is how easy it is to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software.

Hubert from Newfoundland Energy Services Ltd.

Usefull, simple, functional

So far very good experience. Good to have the interface with Freshbook which we also use.

Pros

Simplicity and functionality. Both web and smart phone apps have very good user interface and work very well. (no bugs)

Cons

In time more capability to customise and add fields

July 2016

Iona from Grow My Business

July 2016

So easy to use

So easy from day one - I train people I mentor on it for small business management of their sales and follow up

Pros

easy and intuative

Adam from Wintrust Mortgage

A great lightweight CRM

I've really enjoyed using Capsule CRM as an inexpensive, efficient way to monitor my interactions with my top prospects.

Pros

- Mobile app - Ease of use - Ability to print (I know, old school, but I enjoy being able to print off a list of prospects and dial them) - Tags/categorizations so I can sort different types of leads, prospects, and clients.

Cons

At times, difficult to integrate with texting/calling. Would like to do that more seamlessly from the app

OK CRM for the Price

I have to have a CRM in place for my company to keep clients tasks organized. We manage hundreds of clients daily.

Pros

Capsule has basic functionality. I have a list of my Contacts, I can create tasks, make tags, and create pipelines. It allows me to upload documents and manage the team's tasks under me.

Cons

I can only upload one document at a time which is annoying. The automatic email BCC doesn't work for me to record in my notes so I always have to copy and paste.

January 2016

Graham

January 2016

Excellent basic CRM tool

I have used Capsule for over 5 years and have a database of over 10,000 contacts. It is easy to use, has a clear and attractive interface, s very reliable and has great customer support.

Pros

Very reasonable subscription cost (USD12 per user per month) Good task management system Fast God and easy reporting Easy export, good import Good integration with external programs (I use MailChimp and Xero)

Cons

No HTML on stored emails Very limited boolean filtering on lists

Rimi from Self employed

Excellent CRM toolset

So far no major issues, a far greater tool set than other crm software weve worked with recently.

Pros

Wonderful interface and functionality that exceeded our previous setup. Slowed much greater control and tracking of our client info and project sales made.

Cons

Pricing is a little higher per person but aside from that the benefits outweighed the cost. Smaller companies may do with one installation as we have trialed other crm software and found that for our setup a single implementation sufficed.

Sean from Rocky Point Maintenance

Fantastic and affordable option

Pros

This CRM features a few more bells and whistles than others, and you do pay for that but it's worth it. The Gmail integration and IOS app were what sold me. I exclusively use GMail for my business and it's nice to be able to interface between the two.

Cons

The free version limits you to 250 contacts, which is really not bad for a small time handyman like myself, but I imagine I'd had to sign up for the paid version sooner or later.

Juliusz from Versum

Great product, easy to use for basic CRM

Organizes my work and contacts with ease, but some features are more difficult to find.

Pros

Easy to use, basic CRM functions, well-organized system perfect for most small to medium businesses.

Cons

You need to dig inside of the system to find certain features. Other than this, I'm pleased with this software.

Alisdair from MAPS Partners

Very simple but missing key features

You get what you pay for and Capsule is a cheaper option. Generally I have implemented more complex systems for clients but opted for Capsule for a small and not technically sophisticated (contract cleaning company) client. It lead me down a bit of a cul-de-sac when trying to plan out sales campaigns and clean and selectively import organisation/ contact data.

Pros

It is really simple to use and cheap. You can easily seed populate in just a few hours and get working fast. Even completely non-tech savvy users will pick it up almost immediately.

Cons

It has no way to easily manipulate multiple records, which means building campaign lists or cleaning up data is a tedious manual process. The import capabilities are very limited and will often duplicate records so you cannot even edit them offline and import the updates. The search function is poor around unstructured data so any legacy data MUST be well categorised using Tags from you seed import or you will never be able to maximise value from it.