Thryv Reviews

3.84 / 5 (183)

Our advisors have recommended this product 49 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Love the website editor! It is very easy to use."

• "I like these of the use. I like it but it's affordable and it has everything that I need to run my business. Great software."

• "I did not care about the software my only expectation was being listed in YP.com in 12 states. they did not do that for me."

• Cons

• "Uploading client contact information was a little problematic but we figured it out. "

• "It runs a little slowly sometime and doesn't quite have all the abilities I would like."

• "Sometimes I have trouble logging in. They have always been very attentive when I have concerns."

Browse Thryv Reviews

Betty J. from Ruff Rubs Canine Massage Therapy and Acupressure, LLC

One of the best business investments I’ve made!

Phenomenal!!

Pros

It’s practically automatic. Reminders are sent to clients as well as opportunity to pay. I can easily set up ad campaigns and have emails for the promotion sent to all or as many of my contacts I want instantly. Customer service is above and beyond fantastic. My website is phenomenal and very user friendly. I could go on all day! Superb investment!

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It’s all fabulous!

Response from Thryv

Replied May 2019

Hi Betty, Such amazing feedback! Thank you for choosing Thryv as the all-in-one software for your small business! - Ed

Michael from Smart Money Network

Great all-around business building system

We chose Thryv because its a powerful value add to our Business Acceleration Platform that is easy for our clients to understand and use. No rocket science!

Pros

Extensive and easy to use marketing feature set. Easy to connect and move data between Thryv and other applications. Includes basic invoices and payment processing and can be connected to quickbooks seamlessly.

Cons

The messaging system was a little off-putting til I understood its key value. You can't embed images or video, or add attachments. You also can't format text or use html. In other words, this will not replace regular email. However, it does allow you to track conversations whether by email or text messages in one place. That's valuable.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

The other products were less expensive but required a lot more technical expertise generally not possessed by our target markets. Thryv also offers 24/7/365 customer support, which is not available from either of the other vendors.

Why don't you Thryv?

Easy, and detailed program that offers so much to any individuals that are running a business. Fantastic 24/7 support, store data and share everything securely. Keep track of appointments, and you can text or email your customers all from one place. Highly recommended!

Pros

Thryv is so much different because this program offers an integrated system that keeps you in touch with many different websites, like Google, Facebook, Linkedln, Yelp & PayPal. Keep track of documents, and share them with customers anytime. Not to mention that this program has 24/7 support in case of any issue. Your issue can be taken care fo promptly with support. Store data and share it with customers. Plus, there is security that protects your customers data.

Cons

No issues when using the free trial. Thryv is something everyone who is running a business, should defiantly try. You will find it most helpful and see this is the best of the best and you will love everything about it. No complains!

Curtis from Allen Designs

Thryving

I love it, my clients love it. It’s been user friendly for all. Definitely will recommend to all business people looking to have better control over their business and schedule. Website is rarely down. Bugs are usually fixed fairly quickly.

Pros

Accessible anywhere at anytime inside and outside the country.. has necessary features to get the job done.

Cons

Very little. Importing client list. Setting up correct Address for email confirmation response.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

Great personal customer service and value. Easy navigation. Overall solid product. Thank you, I can now keep Thyrving!

Doug from Great American Door & Screen

Caution

It was almost a week of nothing but a waste of my time and money. I told the rep what i wanted my software to do which is write and send invoices and estimates plus a lot more but to keep it short they knew i was going to have a problem with my invoices and they said nothing. Charged me 775.00 for a month of advertising plus service writing software. I spent a week learning how to use it and getting it all set up. Could of been avoided had they said their service writing software is useless and if they have been blocked by so many big email groups tells me they do some pretty shady stuff. I wanted nothing to do with their advertising my company name and ended it immediately. Of course when i ask about my refund that i want in full, they say their accounting office is in a 2 day meeting and it is wednesday, so we shall see come monday morning how honest they can be. If they just would of accepted my cancellation and immediately refunded my money I wouldnt even be writing this review . Hope this helps, i had been looking into thryv for several months prior and they seemed like a great software, completely took me by surprise. There answer was to have my customers whitelist them. Can you imagine sending a new customer an estimate but asking them to whitelist you first. Insanity at its best.

Pros

I like that it advertised on over 60 sites supposedly

Cons

I could not send emails to my customers, estimating would be 90% of my customers. Thryv.com emails have been blocked by AOL, AT&T, YAHOO, and apparently GMAIL too because i couldnt send an invoice to myself. My wifes SBCGLOBAL,NET worked very well. Yeah they dont bother to tell you this up front.

Response from Thryv

Replied March 2019

Hi Doug, I'm very sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction and issues outlined in your review. The satisfaction of our clients means the world to us here at Thryv. This matter has been escalated and we'll be reaching out to soon to address all concerns. Thanks, Ed

Jenny from Stanley Cooling Corp

Poor Customer Support, still withdraw full price from your account even though they said not

I had to reach out to their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about 1+ years ago in order to get my website fix because they keep on pushing from one team to another. I have been frustrated with their unprofessional customer services since 2017 and I'm about to send another email to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about this ridiculous charge of $199. This is a scam and rip-off from their customers who decided to leave.

Pros

If you have a full-time staff to use this software to run your business then it should be okay.

Cons

1. You need to constantly check your website because you know when they mess it up to become a blank page. You will not get an easy resolution from their CSR without a request to speak with the manager. 2. If you terminate the agreement earlier then they hold you accountable to pay them until the term expired. On the other hand, when the term is expired and they continue to charge you month-to-monthly without giving you the courtesy email to let you know about the term being the change. 3. I was 3 or 4 days into the new month and request to terminate because my contract has been expired for I don't even know how long. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] promised me that she will wave the 1-time pro-rate fee that give me the weekend to retrieve all the emails that I need and forward it to my Google account. That was a lied and on Monday I got charge for the full-price $199. I have appeal with my bank and call Thryv, they have the nerve to tell me that they are not going to refund the charge. If you are looking then stay away from Thryv.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

Their sales rep got my information as soon as I registered with the State of Florida. Her demo seems to meet all my needs with the price of $199 and she promises that I just call the customer service number to make any update to my WebSite and it will get happen right away. She never mentions there was a waiting period of 10 - 15 days (I am not 100% sure from my memory but it's not instance). After I signed the agreement then I can't cancel but stuck and frustrated.

Academy Frame from Academy Frame Co LLC dba Academy Art & Frame Company

Thryve review

Overall the experience has been okay. Our service manager has been awesome. CSR has taken the time to walk me through certain aspects of the product and has been working with us from the beginning. Before she came on board it was a stressful hassle to get the website looking how we wanted it. And it is frustrating when updates and fixes take a long time- like the current issues with AOL and Yahoo.

Pros

I like that the dashboard is fairly easy to navigate and that when I need to update the website I can do so fairly quickly. There are some very unique features. I like that we can put coupons and buttons directly into the website.

Cons

There is so much that the software can do that it is almost overwhelming. And there are some features that we just won't ever use. I really don't like when they have done software updates and major changes that they did not contact us to let us know that changes were coming and that we wouldn't be able to make changes. We update the website 2-3 times per month and this really messed up our program.

Charles from fundamentally fit

Charlie's Thryv Experience

The CRM I've purchased has freed up a lot of time for me to focus on helping my clients and spend less time figuring out how to get my name out there over the web.

Pros

The software is an extremely affordable way to take care of your bookkeeping, scheduling, and POC between clients.

Cons

I would like to see an email automation feature separate from the social media marketing package. I have no interest in letting an outside company take care of my social media but would love to be able to have an email campaign for my current clients.

Bob from The Olive Branch

thryv

I was impressed during the on boarding & as I use I get better. I can't event get the mobile app to download pics at all so that is frustrating. $199/month is alot of money for a product that doesn't seem to be very user friendly. Right now I am trying to keep an open mind but it's tough to spend this much time posting when it was almost faster to copy & paste on other platforms.....just not sure in the end it will be worth the cost???

Pros

Like being able to post on multiple sites at 1 time....set up posts in advance & text marketing

Cons

its really SLOW!!!! Not easy to fix even a typo....the post plan set up is not easy & notice it doesn't post on all platforms all the time. Having to upload pics is soooo time consuming and scrolling through pages of images is also challenging.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

I see what it could do & I love that potential, but how long it takes is taking a toll

ROSALINA from BUDGET SIGNS

VERY DISAPPOINTING / STAY CLEAR FROM THRYV

I purchased the Trhyv Leads Program in September 2019. They put in spectacular numbers as far as Exposures, Qualified Contacts, etc are concerned . However, actual leads that called were only about 3-8 a month but a lot of the calls are either duplicates or soliciting sales calls or my current clients already. I called in November to complain because I am being billed $809-/month but never got a quality call or business from this program. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], Manager, stated thay they will improve the leads and if no improvement by December, he would personally cancel the contract effective December 1, 2019. There was no improvement and I kept calling my Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] after that to keep their promise of cancelling the contract per [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] assurance , but no one has cared to call me back. I also called Customer Service to cancel but would not cancel stating that I have a 6 months contract with them. Why the heck would I complain if they are doing a good job? Why would I continue to pay them $809- a month for not delivering what they promised? This is what I call stealing money from small business owners ! I WILL CONTINUE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE TO EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA about Thryv unless they cancel my subscription effective December 1, 2019. I will put in updates about this from hereon !

Pros

Nothing! The software promises spectacular numbers but not able to deliver Leads!

Cons

Everything ! All the numbers are lies ! The Account manager and her Manager.

Thryv for HR use

We chose the Thryv product, along with DexYP services, to enhance our recruiting efforts. We needed to improve our company's online image and increase our ranking within online searches. We have seen immediate benefits from the company's listings being consistent across online search platforms. This was extremely important timing for our company, which relocated during the first quarter of this year, after almost 35 years in one location. We are still in the "ramping up" stages as we get ready for the 4th quarter of this year, but we expect to see increased traffic to our company website, as well as people reaching out to us about working for our company.

Pros

Thryv is easy to use from desktop or mobile device. The dashboard clearly shows the information I need to see at a glance and the navigation bar is divided into categories that make sense to a user (not just to the software designer) so I can quickly find what I need to work with. I really like the Social Media connection and the ability to search relevant topics and post directly from the Thryv software. Even better is the scheduling function that allows me to schedule a post during peak evening time when our target audience is most likely to be on social media to see it. Thryv also allows me to use multiple "tags" for the Leads so I can sort and find names and numbers within categories that I set up. Another feature that is very helpful is the Listings Management that allows our business to easily see that our online presence is correct and consistent across many platforms, such as Google, Yelp, Bing, Yahoo, & Foursquare and provides the option to "fix" any listings that do not accurately represent our business.

Cons

While Thryv has been very useful in the HR functions of recruiting and communicating with current employees, it is not ideal for our sales personnel. The sales manager wants to be able to run reports for purposes of monthly planning, focused on managing sales personnel and their activities to grow the customer base. That emphasis would be on the internal sales representatives and the Thryv product is best suited to a focus on external clients.

Response from Thryv

Replied October 2018

Hi, Thank you for sharing your feedback. This helps us know what we're getting right and how we can improve going forward. We're happy to know that you're satisfied with how Thryv is helping your business! - Ed

Monica from Douglas Door Repair Co., Inc.

Dipping my small business toe into CRM

I love Thryv. The roll-out went smooth and I had all the support I needed. The learning curve was good due to the intuitive nature of many tasks. My business uses Thryv to document incoming phone calls from our clients by scheduling either an appointment for a service or sale call or scheduling a reminder to complete a task for the client. Thryv has been excellent when responding to requests for small changes to how the platform works. In the one instance where I had a true disaster when I was spontaneously locked out of my account on a Friday late afternoon. Thryv responded perfectly. I got a bit of push back from the initial Thryv phone rep, but I turned to my sales rep and he escalated the issue and got me back in quickly. Thryv phone reps are very gracious on the phone and they seem to "get" the difference between a small business that was started during the tech era and a small business like mine where paper files are in the DNA. I like Thryv!

Pros

I needed to automate the customer service end of my small business (from incoming phone calls to dispatch and billing) and I went with Thryv because it felt like an affordable and manageable platform. The lower price (compared to the big CRM/service dispatch products in the construction/home repair industry) was exactly what I needed to feel comfortable taking baby steps into automation.

Cons

I dislike nothing about Thryv. I am hopeful that Thryv will continue to respond to us customers with tweaks to their software so that I can continue to use the platform (in other words so my small business doesn't grow out of it).

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

Cost, simplicity and support (relationship with my former Dexmedia/YP sales rep.)

Alice from Pristine Chapel Lakeside

Thryv = Transforming how we do business!

Thryv is awesome, incredible, and it produces immediate results. After 30 years in business I am proud to say, 2019 has been our best year ever! The person behind our real success story is rep. He is my wing man. When I first started with Thryv, I was cynical steeped in old school ways of doing business. rep is our go to any time help guy. He is as tenacious as a bulldog when it comes to the install and he continually shows up to provide hands on support, training, and implementation of new features. He’s on it to make sure things are going well and exceeding expectations. Thanks for the helping hands. Rep, in my opinion, is a great asset to your company and to mine! I hope executive management responds to you about this post.

Pros

What I like most about Thryv is its user friendly for our staff and for our clients. Many of the everyday tasks of communicating with customers over the phone, through email, and texts all happen in one place. There is tremendous value in having our website, social media, client interactions, email marketing, text marketing, appointments, and appointment reminders, all on one dashboard. Everything works together to benefit our business.

Cons

Customer support has not always been favorable, meaning, I have to heavily depend on my rep. Sometimes speaking with folks with different accents and dialects is hard to comprehend when we need assistance. At times we avoid reaching out due to the disconnect.

Catherine from C Shouse Embroidery

Thryv helps me Thrive!

I do like this Business program more that the piece-mil style of programs I had before. Everything is within this model and I do not have to try to combine my Books, Appointments, schedules, online presence or documents...everything is here. Any new business needs to use this sort of program to become a more professional looking business.

Pros

As a new business owner I have found the Thryv Business program to be very helpful and convenient for me and my customers. The notifications come quickly and on all my devices so no one is left hanging especially my business. I have used the chat and telephone customer service lines to educate me and help me move free and easily through the Dashboard and all its features.

Cons

Some of the features I am not as well familiar with do need a little extra help which I need through the Thryv support agents. I have the lowest tier Thryv account which does not offer total flexibilty but as my business grows I expect to be able to upgrade.

All Glitter and No Substance

We did not renew our contract with Thryv. Instead, we went with another company that specializes website design and marketing for businesses like mine. I checked them out on Yelp, Capterra and a couple other review sites. (I didn't do this when I signed up with Thryv and I should have.) I'm very satisfied with this new company so far. My involvement has been only to review and comment on their work. My recommendation to anyone looking for website and marketing assistance is to go with a company that specializes in working with your type of business and check out as many review sites as you can before making your decision.

Pros

Thryv is tied into the "Original" Yellow Pages. I liked the person who sold me the program as a package with my Yellow Pages advertising. All she knew about the program was what Thryv told her and if you've ever dealt with any high tech sales people, you know that their answer to any question about what the program can do is "yes", "sure", "you bet", "no problem", etc. Then when you deal with tech support that tell you that they have no idea what the salesperson was talking about. I believe that my YP sales person was simply telling me what the Thryv marketing people told her.

Cons

1. Its a "one size fits all program". If you want something that is specifically for your type of business, you need to jerryrig the program yourself and to do that, you need an IT person. 2. I have a small business and we're busy. We do not have an IT department. We don't have a marketing department either. In order for the Thryv program to work, you need both unless you or one of your staff people wants to spend most of your day playing with the Thryv dashboard. 3. Initially, support was pretty bad, but to their credit, it has improved during the last year. 4. The website design is base on templates and lack any creativity whatsoever. It took them 6 months to correct all the spelling errors. Its up to you to make any changes to the website and they tell you its easy to do. It's not. See number 2 above. 5. Finally, during the last year, the Thryv program did not produce any noticeable increase in our business. Almost all of the calls and e-mails we got through our website were from other website developers and marketing groups telling us that they saw our website and they could do a better job.

Response from Thryv

Replied April 2019

Hi, It certainly saddens us to know that you were not satisfied with your usage of Thryv. We take great pride in Thryv, its functionality, ease of use, and the client support that's offered. If you decide to try us again in the future, we'll ensure a satisfactory experience every step of the way. Thank you, Ed

SEAN from My Texas Home Services

The difference is the PEOPLE, WE ARE ALL IN THE PEOPLE BUSINESS!!!

Here’s the deal everyone seeking a true CRM tool to help take your company to the next level... the staff at Thryv make the world of difference. Anyone can copy or recreate the software it takes to run/manage a domain or to track and add ways to reach out to your client, but the PEOPLE at Thryv make the world of difference. From the help that’s given I have seen vary from the first time computer user, to the tech savvy(like me ) and have personally seen them how greatly impacted after spending a single hour visiting in person or via conference call. Where those individuals little lite bulb in their head goes off and “EUREKA” moment happens.

Pros

Speed, reliability and its up to the moment updates. The moment a client calls/texts/email messages it’s INSTANT

Cons

The same platform used at kickserv is being used here. So someone is copying someone’s software, but that’s fine bc it’s the people that go into the support that really makes the difference.

PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE

Mike from UNCLE MIKES LOCKSMITH LLC

Nervous

The support team is fantastic. They have been really helpful and have been holding my hand through a lot of little bumps. Thank You What bothers me is the reviews. If I'd have seen some from employees, ex-employees, customers, and ex-customers (it all matters) I may have not tried this. There are a lot of pretty unhappy people out there and they don't want people to use this service. I believe as long as the team keeps me happy, I'll stick to this. I just hope the employees that work on our accounts are being treated better. I do understand ex-employees are typically negative towards their ex-employers but they all say the same things. I do appreciate this website and Team doing their best to help me. I hope this relationship works out.

Pros

I like that it will help promote my business. It's doing in 2 days what took me a year to do. There are a lot of options and features I'm looking forward to using

Cons

The software is fine. I signed up for this and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not very computer friendly though. You could consider making your save button a bit bigger. The tiny disc on the top right is there but I can sense some people dont, and get frustrated rather quickly.

Response from Thryv

Replied May 2019

Hi Mike, We can't thank you enough for choosing ,Thryv, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your review. I can assure you that employee and client satisfaction both mean the world to us. We're here for you if you need us. - Ed

Jennifer from Turbo Tek, LLC

Central client organization

Customer care is constantly improving and more customers are being reached via the means that they choose. We don't want to hassle our clients, and now we can give them options or send them messages how they choose to receive them. And they can send us anything and we can keep it all together in their online "folder". We haven't use the invoicing yet, but it is something we are looking at implementing.

Pros

We find the client portal features extremely useful and easy to use. The template marketing emails for new clients helps us reach out to more clients automatically without having to write up individual emails, we can customize it and set it up to send.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

The alternatives were so insignificant, I don't even remember their names. There is really no comparison.

Jeff from Legacy Auto Spa

Thryv...your one stop shop for ECM software!

As an executive who also completes billable jobs while trying to handle the sales, marketing, & social media Thryv helps me perform mutliple job duties at an extremely effecient & high level.

Pros

So many positives it is hard to chose just one, but if I had to pick one I would say the ease of use for end users of all levels of experience in enterprise wide content management software. Whether you are a small business owner who stays small or becomes large or C-suite executive seeking a to improve how your company does business, Thryv has the type of platform & interface that can grow with you.

Cons

Still searching...maybe having a scanner functionality where the end user can scan bar codes, RFID, SKUs, etc to expedite the data entry stage.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

It came down to value, customer service, and affordability in relation to said value & overall ROI. Our Business Advisor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has done an exceptional job guiding us through the entire pre-sale, sale, onboarding/implementation process. His ability to understand us, our business, and what we wanted our brand to look like 1-5-10 years from now was a difference maker. He is a true asset and leader!

Dawn from Think Large Consulting

We work with Thryv.

I am very satisfied with the product and the company. We use Thryv heavily in our business.

Pros

It has everything that a small business needs, but sometimes they need some help learning all that Thryv does, getting it set up, running their email/text campaigns, interfacing with their website, managing their social media posts through Thryv - that's what we help with. As a technical/database person throughout my career in corporate America, I highly recommend this product.

Cons

Customer service was not able to answer complicated questions until I asked for a supervisor and that only works during normal business hours. But then I got my answers.

Response from Thryv

Replied December 2018

Hello Dawn, Be assured that we're constantly training our employees and working to improve Thryv to ensure the best possible experience for our clients. Thank you for providing your feedback. - Ed

DIANE from Frontrange Florals

Thryv Frontrange Florals Review

I'm not sure I'm solving anything I couldn't with another CRM but because I like the website support and some SEM visibility I'll keep using it.

Pros

I like keeping track of my customers and where they came from.

Cons

The details and ease of use can be difficult and there are things that take a three step process which should take one, for instance adding a customer but not being able to add an appointment or document to the initial invite.

Response from Thryv

Replied March 2019

Hi Diane, I'm sorry to know of the difficulties outlined in your review. Our goal is to make the process of utilizing Thryv for our clients as easy and simple as possible. We'll be reaching out to you to discuss your concerns and offer up any assistance we can. Thank you, Ed

Shantele from Coon & Elmy, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Thry for small business

Has been a positive experience so far. Contact with clients has helped us a lot. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. The social media posts are good also, keeping my business on social media more than I have time to do.

Pros

Love the calendaring feature and how I can access my calendar from my phone. Love that it sends a text message to clients the day before and one hour before appointments to remind them. That has helped to cut down on the number of no shows that I have. It also helps keep a running client list with their telephone number and email address.

Cons

Cost. It's expensive for a small business.

Response from Thryv

Replied March 2019

Hi Shantele, Your feedback is greatly appreciated! It is awesome to know how the features of Thryv are helping your business. The voice of the client is important to us - thank you for sharing, yours! - Ed

Alanis from All American Door, Inc.

The most user-friendly software for businesses

Pros

Our main goal was to get more organized with our in-home appointments, Thryv helps keep us on top of our schedule. We now can keep record of transactions, invoices, payments, and even texts messages to our main office line from each customer! Since we started using the software, our clients can not get over how much more professional Thryv makes our company look.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is that we can not send or receive photos when we text our clients from the software. If this feature could somehow be integrated, it would be much more beneficial!

Response from Thryv

Replied January 2019

Hi Alanis, Feedback like yours helps us as we continuously work to improve upon the Thryv software experience. Thank you for choosing Thryv and for sharing your voice. - DexYP

Catherine from C Shouse Embroidery

New to a Full Business Platform

The customer service has been exceptional and I am learning new things about supporting my business through all the tutorials and encouragement from reps,

Pros

I love that I can book, estimate, invoice get paid and track all my business with one software program...it’s more affordable that having to piece bookings, calendars, invoicing from different companies.

Cons

I have trouble with the calendar and placing business necessary schedules or appoints,ent. I am also having difficulty figuring out how to link my contacts from different emails.

Response from Thryv

Replied August 2018

Hi Catherine, Thank you for taking the time to provide your ratings and review. I'm sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with the platform, but happy to know you're overall satisfied. I'll have you contacted to ensure we get you the assistance you need. - Ed

Dave from CFSATC Inc

Using it for our business

Overall, they are positive and easy to work with.

Pros

The website transfer went smoothly, like having more access to our site and ability to make more edits.

Cons

Some of the interface is difficult to navigate, emails, while they work well, frequently send, 2 or 3 versions of the same request. Have never been able to get that remedied.

Response from Thryv

Replied May 2019

Hi Dave, Thank you for choosing Thryv. Your review is appreciated. - Ed

Benjamin from Sales Toolz

Great business management tool

The onboarding has been very excellent the girl that is handling my account communicates with me everyday my overall experience is pretty awesome

Pros

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike about this software it's actually very good software and very competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

Price and the cost initially get started. I believe it's just better software I believe that it's better thought out

William from Tina Maids LLC

Can't run my business without it!

We love Thryv and can't see ourselves using any other system. Our overall day-to-day operations improved, the communication with our clients improved, and made running our business a smooth and fun activity.

Pros

. Love how easy it is to use and organized, intuitive interface . Works great on PC and mobile with no limitations . Easy to issue invoices and estimates on the go . Easy to track appointments and your calendar . Love how it sends reminders to customers and us . Great value

Cons

. Lack of merchant integration, only has Braintree, wish it had Stripe . Mailing list feature is weak, very little customization allowance for templates and content . No easy integration between staff and administrators (Calendars and scheduling for employees) . Lack of a proper customer portal for your clients, with a username and password secured page, only has email and customer have to check email every time they want to login . Lack of customization of website widgets and forms (too limited)

Response from Thryv

Replied August 2018

Hello William - Thank you for being a valued client. We love to hear how much you love, Thryv! - Ed

Marc from Strike Zone

The Best App Out There.

I run my whole business now from this software.

Pros

User friendly and customer support. I use it for estimates, invoices, payments with Braintree and it's calendar is fantastic- automated text messages to my clients in the mornings is really cool.

Cons

I thought the price was high but after I've seen the ROI, it's the best investment I've ever made.

Response from Thryv

Replied July 2018

Hi Marc, We're very happy to know how satisfied you are with Thryv! Thank you so much for choosing to be a valued client and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide your feedback! - Ed

Michelle from Bath Tub Man

Excellent product

As stated above it makes my life easier and 10 times faster to get my work done.

Pros

Ease of use. I have used many different invoice / estimate software over the years. Thryv is by far the easiest format I have ever used. Ever item I need is a click away and completely easy to find. It takes less than a minute to make an estimates and invoices. It is perfect for our small business.

Cons

Least like? If my internet goes out I can't get into it lol but that is not Thryv's fault. I can not think of one thing I don't like / aggravates me about Thryv.

Response from Thryv

Replied March 2019

Hello Michelle! It makes us very proud to hear how Thryv is helping the day-to-day operation of your business. Thank you, Ed

Jaisson from Instant Axles

Amazing Service

I am not the easiest person to get n touch with. My Thryv Rep is a huge part of why I bought Thryv. He drops in on a weekly and basis and we get to work on the Thryv together and he helps keep me accountable. Thanks to him and thanks Thryv for making my business life easier.

Pros

This software gives me the ability to utilize all of my day to day business tools in one platform. My Thryv Rep helps keep me informed and shows me on a weekly basis how to use a new feature every week. Most recently we set up the Competitor watch which is a great addition to my Thryv portal.

Cons

Thryv is a great tool, and I just need to incorporate it into my schedule. I can think of no cons at this time.

Amanda from Servpro Carson City/Douglas Co/South Lake Tahoe

The online listings portion of Thryv is not worth your money.

We double paid for a software we couldn't use for most of the duration of our contract. They've credited some of the months, but still not being able to use the software due to a third party (not explained when signing the contract) has been frustrating, even without the issue of double billing. This speaks more to the failure of the company operations to the software itself, which is arguably more important. So no, I don't recommend it and we won't be using other Thryv programs due to this experience.

Pros

I could see how Thryv could be useful if you used it for all aspects of online marketing (though I'm not sure how cost-efficient that would be) but to use it for only online listings doesn't make sense.

Cons

For online listings, they use a third party (YEXT) which you can use yourself just as easily and save money. They said Yext was causing a hold up with our listings so for months of paying for Thryv, we weren't even able to use it due to their third party. Plus, they double billed us for the entire duration of our contract, with multiple calls throughout the months trying to fix the issue, it continued.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

It is the Servpro corporate "preferred vendor".

Response from Thryv

Replied October 2019

Hi Amanda, I'm very sorry to hear of the concerns outlined in your review. I can assure you we take client concerns very seriously and would like to look into this matter further. Our Executive Care Team will be reaching out to you regarding this matter with hopes of regaining your confidence in, Thryv. Thank you, Ed

Richard from Moorhead Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

Customer Service

Three months ago our business was about to leave Dex/Thryv. We were not seeing the return for our dollar. Without that knowledge Team called to set up a meeting with me. I explained that we were discontinuing our service. He still asked to meet, even if the answer was going to be no. The representative won us over. He explained the product and software that we were paying for and not even using. No one had taken the time to work with us! representative got to know our business and me personally, followed up on all questions, and has checked in multiple times to make certain everything is running as expected. I firmly believe I would be with four to five different companies if representative hadn't explained the value of Thryv's programs and multiple functions that can be utilized. He is an asset!

Pros

I now have a web based program to handle all of my social media interactions. Being a small business it's hard when each person must wear multiple hats. This software simplifies a lot of mundane processes!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the mobile billing system. Working to get it into the hands of my field technicians. It's a process.

Tina from Clean Queen Tina LLC

More Options

I love the idea that I have one spot that I can get everything done and have the support .

Pros

That I can send invoices and that they get the cliental. I have past issues in the where I would use other programs and for some reason they would not get them.

Cons

I wish there would be an option where there could be a electronic check could be an option for the clients.

Reasons for Choosing Thryv

I got a call one day from Dex Media with Rodney and he had me sold on your product!

Sherri from Circle Mechanical

Thryv for Business

We are happy to have this as a tool in our everyday business

Pros

We use this product that is link to our company's website. We are able to store so much information from our customers, they can contact us and we are apply to reply in an instant .

Cons

There is a lot to learn about this product.

This software feels a lot like vCita to me.

The Thryv business software does everything it claims to do efficiently, it really is an all in one software. However, the lead generating aspect of Thryv leads generated a TON of spam calls that all went to against my lead targets. After sign up, I would get calls daily to claim my google business listing or for working capital for my business.

Pros

It did everything that vCita does PLUS I was able to claim my online listings without having to pay Yext to do it.

Cons

It really felt a lot like vCita with a Yext plugin and cost me around twice as much.

Response from Thryv

Replied May 2019

Thank you for giving Thryv a try. We're happy to know that you were able to successfully utilize the many features the software has to offer!

Thryv inside review

My experience was overall negative, though I think its so close to being great. They have a fantastic marketing companion called thryv leads which allocates your money with machine learning and advertisers online really effectively.

Pros

I think its a good entry level management software, i actually used to work for this employer and sold this product. It also has great support and is constantly being updated.

Cons

There are better products for less money on the market right now, the edge thryv may have is consolidation. Though I will say there are still other products with all the same features for half the price.

Eric from Eric Guel Photography

Industry: Photography

An Indispensable Tool

Overall I'm very happy with Thryv. My only recommendation to the Thryv team is that they continue to iterate and offer new features, especially a more robust CRM.

Pros

I like how Thryv aims to be a one-stop software solution for my commercial photography business, Eric Guel Photography. My top "pros" are: - Invoicing is easy, and via Braintree you get paid super fast. - Estimates look professional, and set you apart. - The calendar syncs with my Google calendar. - The scheduling tool has been very, very helpful. Instead of spending time on the phone or shooting emails back and forth, I'm able to book corporate headshots with clients without even "lifting a finger."

Cons

The CRM feature seems to be somewhat thin. I'd love to be able to see more CRM options other than tags and basic data storage. I'd love to see something like a sales funnel built in, and an option to set reminders to take action with certain customers.

Adam from AmeriClean

Excellent for small business

I like the ability to see real time results in the marketing presence as well as track the effectiveness of marketing campaign.

Pros

Thryv has the versatility and comprehensive functions to make customer management and marketing a one man job. The support is top notch and integration of social media makes Thryv ideal for any start up or small business to make a professional impression on the market place.

Cons

Some of the automation is hard to catch up with in order to present the message your business wants to broadcast, but with time it is not too difficult to grasp

Alex from Fayes Laundry and Drycleaning

As a part of DexYP I would advise you to STAY AWAY !!!!!!

I learned not to deal with crooked businesses like DexYP !!!!!!!!

Cons

There really shouldn't be a star of any kind attached when it comes to DexYp. I am a small business owner who had a very unpleasant experience with DexYp, There representative came in to talk with us and we decided to give them another chance so i signed a 6 month contract with them knowing that it was just a trial. Our trial period had ended with them, so we thought we were just continuing services on a month to month basis. We found in the meantime a company that would better suit our digital media needs, that deals with similar type businesses, so we decided to go with them and see what they could do for us. We attempted to contact our representative with dex and had a lot of difficulty getting them to call us back. After two weeks of trying we finally had to call someone higher up. They finally had our rep call us. We informed her that we were going to be changing up our services, to which she replied we couldn't because we were under contract. We asked how that was possible when neither my wife or I had signed a renewal agreement. she explained that because my wife and I were busy she just had our employee sign the contract on our behalf. We then contacted customer service because they illegally had an employee sign the agreement. We were then told by the customer service representative that anyone in our company can sign a binding legal agreement on our behalf. Needles to say we were livid and we are not finished with this yet.

Response from DexYP

Replied June 2018

Hi Alex - We hate to know of the outlined frustration regarding your account experience. Our Executive Claims Team advised that all concerns were addressed during conversations with you regarding this matter. Thank you.

Denise from CARING PRESENCE, LLC

Good Job Thryv

Very positive experience with Thryv.

Pros

Thryv helps drive business our way. The staff is easy to work with and efficient.

Cons

Response from Thryv

Replied March 2019

Hello Denise, Your feedback means a lot to us. It let's know what we are getting right and what we need to improve upon. It's great to know that client support has met or exceeded your expectations! Thank you, Ed

Jill from The Educated Eye Appraisals

Review of Thrvv

Poor

Pros

Ease of use, flexible, websites look very professional

Cons

I am in the process of up dating my site. It has dragged on for several months with nothing to show for the elapsed time. Would like to finish it ASAP

Dr Robert from Wellness, Weight Loss & Aesthetics

Customer Service is the worst imaginable

Business problem is I believe they look at what they collect from client each month and only do that amount of work. They are not interested in maximizing a business’s potential. They actually took nearly $1000.00 and then said they would have an ad produced in a couple of days and it took 3 weeks and then now another 3 weeks. It took long time for the to reimburse me after I complained.

Pros

I’m able to respond to customers quickly

Cons

Customer Service is a nightmare. We are on our 5th representative and she like the others just disappears by not answering phone calls or texts for several days. Software designing takes months to design and changes take a month to do. They are not helpful with google review issues either. Will be calling to see speak to someone about what it is going to take to have another company host the website for us.

Response from Thryv

Replied September 2018

Hello Dr. Howell, Client satisfaction is our top priority and I apologize that customer service expectations weren't met during your attempts to reach us. That's not indicative of the Thryv experience. I was happy to hear that you were able to speak with Ken in our Executive Care Dept and get all concerns addressed and resolved. Thank you for being a valued client! - Ed

Jennifer from MDK MARINE

Industry: Maritime

MDK Marine On Thryv

I get a lot of views but no click throughs Or sells.

Pros

I like the ad’s that are made to post on my social sites. Easy contact setup. Stimati the guy who sold me the service and that there are many benefits of using Thryv.

Cons

You don’t make or boosts my ads two times a month like promised and have emailed support a few times and no answer back. There are items that have still not been resolved.

Response from Thryv

Replied August 2018

Update 8/23: Hi Jennifer, I was very happy to be notified that our Executive Care Team was able to speak with you and address and resolve all concerns to your satisfaction. Thank you for allowing us to do so and for choosing to remain a valued Thryv client! - Ed Hello Jennifer - This is not the experience we want any of our valued clients to have. My apologies for the lack of follow up. This matter has been escalated, and I can assure you that we'll be reaching out to you as soon as possible in an effort to address and resolve all concerns. Thanks, Ed

Steve from Coaching and CONNECTIONS for Small Business

Truly Amazing!!!

I LOVE the way it helps me schedule out our social media posts, send email campaigns and manage our customer relations.

Pros

As small business coaching and connections company, we know firsthand that most small business owners spend more time working "in" their business that they usually do not have time to work "on" their business. THRYV is the perfect marketing and back office partner!

Cons

I am unable to attach graphics from my cell phone when scheduling social media.

Lena from Midwest Welding & Machine, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Do Not Use This Service

Thryv/Dex is a terrible company. I have spent numerous hours with their customer service, business "advisor", management, etc. I was told our company subscription and account ended on a certain date. Based on that information in writing, I hired a new company. They failed to inform me that it was automatically renewed. I am now out hundreds of dollars to the new company I hired on. The customer service is terrible. I have approximately 10 emails over a span that to this day have never been responded to. When I addressed all of the problems we have experienced with their service while our business "advisor" was in the office, she walked out when I stated we wanted to be released and have it in writing that we should be released stating "you know, this comes out of my paycheck". I have never in my entire business career experienced such terrible quality and customer service from a company.

Pros

I literally have nothing positive to say about this company or their services.

Cons

The only services we utilized were the FB posts. The majority of those were blocked by FB and had very little to negative impact with our FB followers.

Response from Thryv

Replied December 2018

Update 12/7: Hello Lena, Thank you for allowing us to contact you and address your concerns. We greatly appreciate you choosing to continue your relationship with Thryv! - Ed Good afternoon Lena, We hate to lose you as a valued Thryv client. The issues outlined regarding your product satisfaction and the customer service received during your attempts to discuss this matter definitely concern us. You will be promptly contacted and we'll work to address and resolve this matter for you. Thank you, Ed

Jacob from Stolpp Heating and A/C

It was better

Pros

It’s been wonderful and offered everything my business needs

Cons

It was a little had to integrate my credit cArd info

ORLANDO from PARTY EXPRESS RENTAL EQUIPMENT

Thryv review

Pros

Notifies of messages right away on inbox.

Cons

The only thing I have an issue are the emails of the calls received.

Jonathan from Freedom Dogs

Does the job

Absolutely worth the cost and the fact that it’s one of the few softwares that doesn’t require a 12 month contract, I do recommend it.

Pros

-ease of set up -client profile -intergration to website is easy

Cons

-no square payment -average customer service -ability to customize needs limited

Shorter contract

Shay from Reimagined Renovations

A tremendous help!

First, the support staff for Thryv is fantastic. They were very thorough from the beginning and the design team truly made my website vision a reality. Our website now better reflects our business. The social media feature is somewhat limited with individual posts being limited to so few pictures. Aside from that, we are able to sit down and schedule all of our social content for months at a time...spend a few hours once a quarter and we can have daily posts to the sites already. We are definitely looking forward to exploring more features Thryv has to offer.

Pros

Centralized process for the social media and website.

Cons

You are limited to 4 pictures to upload to Facebook and Twitter and you are limited to 1 photo for Instagram.

Response from Thryv

Replied January 2019

Hello Shay, Thank you for choosing Thryv and allowing our all-in-one software to help your business grow and succeed. We appreciate your feedback! - DexYP

Kathy from Cambridge

Great for Our Small Business

The pros definitely outweigh the cons with this program. I say at least once a week, "Man, I just really love Thryv". Seriously recommend.

Pros

We use the calendar and client list the most. We also like seeing our current FB ads in the Social Content part. We also love being able to send and receive text messages using our business landline. VERY convenient for us and our customers. Phone app is nice too because I check my upcoming appointments from anywhere.

Cons

The cost for the ads running. Our rep said it will take a couple months to see a difference, but we don't seem to be reaching many prospective clients yet with those ads.

Response from Thryv

Replied January 2019

Hi Kathy, Thank you very much for the glowing review and recommendation. It means a lot to us when we hear how satisfied a client is with Thryv! - Ed