(10,895)

(5,071)

5,071

(1,255)

1,255

• Pros

• "Love it, this is so easy to use, brilliant and can be shared and used by everyone. A total no brainer must be used........Love it download your files and they are safe."

• "This product is amazing. Its very easy to use and never fails you. keeps your things safe and secure. "

• "I love this software Great for sending large files! I send and receive large files all day long and this is the best! "

• Cons

• "Dropbox's service is amazing. However, interface is difficult to navigate for first time users."

• "The user interface/experience on the site version is a bit dated, but still functions fine. "

• "One con is that the initial install and set up process is very lengthy. It wouldn't install properly at first and then you have to add everyone one by one. But once its all set up its a breeze. "

Browse Dropbox Business Reviews

Zamruddin from Navjyoti India Foundation

Dropbox is one of the best Software that help us to work from home

My Overall Experience with Dropbox is very good. We use every day at our Organization.

Pros

Dropbox is one of the best Software for File Sharing and works on them in real-time we love to use them that can help us to securely place all important files in one place and easily access by everyone at any place where they need and every file store in the cloud. Dropbox Version history is one of the best features I am ever using because of that our file when My Excel/Word becomes corrupt Version history helps us to reverse the file into their original version just in few minutes. We Always use Dropbox for our Work.

Cons

Just One Problem with Dropbox that multiple peoples can't work on a single file at one-time .because of that our file becomes a conflated file that not good. This thing is bad for our Organization.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

these are good product but the best features and support in Dropbox

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Onedrive is good but some features not available at that is we can't store the file in our Computer

mupo from Computer Software

Industry: Computer Networking

Storage for everybody!

The use of Dropbox has removed the need for employees to cart and drop files from one computer to the next. The resources added for administrators help to secure and prevent unauthorized access to archives. This aids in keeping track of who has access to what and who does not. Not just that, but the cost of updating our servers has greatly decreased. This is because 90 percent of company files have been moved to online storage, which is very efficient.

Pros

Dropbox has been a huge success. The tools allow us to manage our records more efficiently than an internal server. I appreciate being able to easily upload large files in a short period of time. Multiple people working on the same file used to be a pain; however, this strategy has proved to be a huge success for many of our company's teams.

Cons

There isn't anything to think about with Dropbox; the features and consistency are far superior to those of most cloud storage services. The only drawback I've seen is the mobile edition. When working with massive files, it is noticeably slower than the desktop version.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

There are several features in Dropbox that are not available on the software above miss. Dropbox upload and download speed are several times faster than Microsoft SharePoint. Through using this tool, I can do work quickly because I can upload and download files in a short time frame.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox offers superior file syncing and file encryption, making it a more stable platform. Another thing that I considered was file organization.

Joseph from Orion Business Investments

GOOD IDEA BUT NEEDS WORKING ON

Not very pleasant. Highly annoying. You cannot get support staff on the line to walk you through.

Pros

I went onto Dropbox about 6 years ago when we required our documents to be stored in the cloud and teams could collaborate by accessing documents to work on. It works fine if you are just working on selected documents as they you can store what is only required and access them without any complications.

Cons

After I commenced using this software, I thought it would be a good idea to "replicate" my hard drive on my desktop computer into Dropbox in the cloud. This is where the challenge came in. I would have expected a mirror image of my desktop computer. However, I had to recreate directories and then upload my documents, which took forever. Dropbox speed is extremely slow although I have a very fast internet connection. Furthermore, when I wish to access my documents, it: a) takes forever to bring documents up b) brings them up in different formats - example: a Word document will not open again in my Word software, or an Excel Document in my Excel software. Instead, it opens it up on a similar format that is foreign to me. I must be able to access my document, it should open back in the original software provided I have it on the computer I am using, and I should be able to work on it and resend it back into the cloud. Dropbox lacks this and this is annoying. This is just one of the challenges I face. Their utilities menu is not easily understandable and one has to navigate and look for options which makes it highly annoying. Perhaps Dropbox should ask users what they require and develop their platform according to users requirements instead of trying to fit users into their BOX. I may not renew my subscription once it expires as I have downloaded all my files back to my hard drive and am not uploading anymore.

Alicia from Synchronicity Acct Sol LP dba The Financial Department

Dropbox is Secure and Affordable

Dropbox does what it is designed to do - securely store documents. I wish it offered encrypted email and better sharing features for my clients who don't have dropbox.

Pros

Dropbox makes it easy to understand how to use the software, sync specific folders to your computer, perform Admin duties, use Paper, etc.

Cons

I believe Dropbox is secure. I've never had any issues, but Dropbox has a reputation of not being secure with several people I've worked with in the Accounting industry. I don't know where this reputation comes from, but it makes it difficult for me to share documents when my peers don't trust the software.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

I am a Microsoft user, so Google Drive wasn't something I was accustomed to using. I am using OneDrive more for my internal documents, but Dropbox was just easy to jump in and go.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I felt ShareFile was complicated to setup. At the time, I was looking for the ease of setup like I found with Dropbox. Dropbox felt very intuitive, where ShareFile made me feel as if I need to dedicate several hours learning how to setup, share, administer.

Aaron from Colorado Computer Care

Limited feature set, but what Dropbox does do it does it well

My overall experience with Dropbox is largely positive, however Dropbox has continued to increase its prices over the years while offering few additional useful features. As such, using Dropbox at scale is becoming increasingly difficult to recommend.

Pros

Dropbox is mostly designed to do one thing - sync files to the cloud and to sync files across devices. It does this one thing very, very well. It is also extremely easy to share files b/w different Dropbox users, and has easy to access version control to recover accidentally changed or deleted files.

Cons

Dropbox can get very expensive very quickly. Dropbox has introduced basic collaboration features that integrate with Microsoft Office, but its collaboration features can't compete with Google's G Suite or Office 365 set of tools - both of which include similar cloud storage as to Dropbox.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

At the time, Dropbox was by far the most mature of the available products and the easiest to setup and manage. OneDrive has caught up significantly in that time.

Youssef from WonderEight

Filesharing solution for people on the move

Dropbox is my online backup solution. All my working files are on dropbox and are being synced automatically which makes my data safe and secure. Sharing files with colleagues working from different locations around the world has never been easier.

Pros

I like dropbox because syncing files with colleagues has never been easier and faster. Dropbox syncs the files very fast. I also like the Smartsync feature which allows me to keep all the files online and only sync the files I need whenever I need them.

Cons

The price is a bit expensive for a big team, we have more than 40 users so the monthly fees are a bit high now. Some of the features we had were removed and are now part of the more expensive package. Dropbox paper is still not available for all users.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

OneDrive didn't sync properly on Mac computers whereas dropbox worked perfectly on both. We had tested the free version of dropbox and we know that it syncs files very quickly.

Amy from Wiro Agency

Pricy option in comparison to other cloud storage, but incredible software

Great product, great customer service - the ease of use is really what sells it

Pros

Dropbox Business is incredibly easy to use and maintain. It's desktop syncing in powerful and immediate which helps when collaborating on projects. The online version of Dropbox business works great too - with excellent searching capabilities. On the desktop version, the ability to share links with minimal steps saves a lot of time. The integrations with project management softwares is also very beneficial.

Cons

It's quite costly. In comparison to OneDrive or iCloud it adds up quite a bit. All functionality is great and stands above it's competitors, however the price point holds it back. Dropbox Business may also benefit from a few additional integrations - particularly with email clients.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I couldn't disconnect my iCloud from personal information, Onedrive was clunky and poorly designed. You also can't upload anything with '|, -, etc...' which hindered my file labelling

Romanio from Kingston bookshop

My review of Dropbox Business

There is no doubt that I'm having a good experience with Dropbox Business and I'm sure many other people feel the same way too.

Pros

It is an excellent cloud storage service where I can store my files and it is great for small, medium and large enterprises. There are very nice additional features such as smart sync and remote wipe features.

Cons

There is not an option to edit files online which is something I think the developing team should definitely include and it doesn't have private key management.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I like Apple iCloud but Dropbox Business seemed more appealing to me base on its feature set.

Tousif from University of Delaware

Industry: Research

Dropbox is the market leader for a reason

I love Dropbox. Maybe a bit biased towards it. But what can I say, Dropbox makes data storage fun.

Pros

Dropbox has very fast syncing technology. Way better than Google drive. Also extended version of all files makes life so much better. There are too many moments to count when I had to go back to previous versions of my code that Dropbox had stored for me.

Cons

Dropbox is very expansion from a grad student. It should have a student pricing available. Also Dropbox should offer much for storage space for the price.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Google drive makes it difficult to access the stored data.

Astrid from Freelance

Industry: Music

Looking for a simple cloud? You're at the right place!

Pros

I really liked how simple it is to access all the documents and shared files. It is a great way to share and see anything you want on your phone or computer.

Cons

In my opinion, they should allow more space (without paying) so we do not have to be erasing files constantly.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

It is easier to upload and access documents on Dropbox.

Adrian from Attik Designs Ltd

Dropbox is just an essential business software

Overall super happy. It's easy to setup and use and after installing, it just downloads everything automatically. I love how confident I can be just dropping an item into a folder and knowing it will be backed up, or queued for sync when back online

Pros

The thing I love most is that this is software that lives on your computer, as opposed to only in the cloud. I know that when I drop something into my folder, it will be available to all others on our team.

Cons

The storage space is quite limited. We use Dropbox for active storage, for files that we know are going to frequently change or that we need local access to quickly. However for archiving old material Dropbox can get very expensive

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

We had used the free tier on both software products - but Dropbox was far superior for what we needed

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Google Drive was too awkward for local use. Every time we installed Drive locally, it seemed to eat up the local router bandwith. It's also very difficult to setup a large account on a new computer - lots of syncing issues and items not syncing. Dropbox is just a much more dependable and stable experience

Fidelis from fidexwebs

Dropbox 2021 Latest Review

My overall experience is great. The ease of file transfer, download, and sharing is superb. It can store different types of file extensions. The speed is fast and their power server is sophisticated with great optimized systems. It is easy to use and understand. Great integration with many software.

Pros

Dropbox Business software is cloud-based file storage, sharing, and collaboration software that has many incredible features. The free version offers 2GB file storage space while Dropbox's business has its great plans as of today such as professionals(individual package with 3TB storage space), standard(5TB storage space), Advance, and Enterprise for teams which have its price range of $16.58,$12.50,$20, and on-demand respectively with free trials on the team offer part. It has a great feature such as file sharing across teams with special shareable links both for those that have an account and non-dropbox account holders. The speed is remarkably fast. The signup process/ installation is very easy. The dashboard is rich with an option to view all files, shared files, make file requests, and deleted files or auto-recovery. on the right pane, it has great team collaboration tools such as Transfer(helps to deliver large files securely), paper(a doc drafter for idea sharing), HelloSign( for file secure e-signature), Showcase( A visual presentation Tool), and an App center which helps you to collaborate and connect other apps for effective storage and file sharing. It also has a centered search box which helps to search for files and discover documents easily.

Cons

Using this software though each organization has a unique package, I would like the dropbox business company to work on their privacy and security in terms of file sharing especially in the area of downloads using the shareable link. the file should not be download by utterly some syntax on the link URL for security reasons. Secondly, The quick support feature should be updated and implement at the software front end whether free or paid. Finally, the search bar should be updated with reference to file storage structure for easy identification.

James from The Alabama Baptist

An integral part of your business

I continue to recommend Dropbox Business to anyone who will listen. The abilities to share, secure, store and control access to files of all types is necessary for the everyday workflow of most if not all businesses. It’s wonderful!

Pros

The multi-device syncing and storage is crucial. In addition, access control and general integration with a number of services makes Dropbox Business the go to solution for remote storage and sharing, in my opinion.

Cons

While I think it can seem a bit expensive, once added into your workflow and business usage, you’ll find it indispensable.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

The overall platform seemed to be better in most of the areas of comparison.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

The sharing and storage options made the switch a no brainer.

Joseph from Joseph Ruffing Designs

Industry: Graphic Design

The tool for all of us

My overall experience is one that I would continue to use this application and recommend it. It's simple seamless and cost-effective

Pros

I've used this application for over five years and found that it's easy to use, and the company has improved it; keep it expensive, and allows the user to use it still easily.

Cons

Not many cons with this application, the new login would probably be the only thing that I've encountered that really didn't work well for me.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

It's cost-effective, simple to use, and not limited to a specific application or platform.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Box allowed you to work with outside organizations and individuals without having the limitations of Google.

Kerry from Wisconsin Financial Wealth Management

Dropbox Has Been A Life Saver

Dropbox has changed our office for the better! A little over a year ago, my boss came to me to start looking into cloud storage options. I did some research on storage space, price, security, etc... Dropbox was my top choice right away. In order to sell this migration opportunity to the rest of the office, I knew I had to make little to no changes to their daily routine, but also by proving it was worth the investment. I signed the office up for a free trial and imminently the team loved how easy the software is to use. Most members were comfortable to using the normal desktop file folders and with the capabilities of Dropbox, I was able to load the software right onto their device, only having to change which folder they needed to access. Dropbox has made it so convenient for the entire team to be able to work from wherever they please without causing any added stress. Dropbox was absolutely the best choice for our office!

Pros

What I like most about Dropbox is that I can access files from anywhere at anytime. Before Dropbox, our staff could only access our files from within the the physical office, making it extremely hard to get any work done outside of the usual workday. Dropbox has allowed the ease of being able to work from home, especially during this pandemic. The only feature that I LOVE is the search option while using the browser version. This cuts down a project time immensely making it so easy to find the document I'm looking for with just a few key words.

Cons

The one issue our office tends to run into is when the software creates a "conflicted-copy" when multiple user have made edits to the same document. We all access some large spreadsheets, and it is very frustrating when you go through and add various equations and update the grids, just to find out someone else has saved since you started making those changes. This is partly user error, of course, but the notifications are hard to pay attention to if you are so focused on the tasks you are trying to accomplish.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

I was automatically drawn to Dropbox simply for the amount of storage you get for a great price. It was just an added bonus to find out all the features and capabilities this software has to offer. Once I signed up for the free trial, I knew right away this was the best choice for our office.

Jessie from Rubicon Theatre

Dropbox

Great product. I love it! Really expanded the Dropbox I love to use personally by Including a whole team

Pros

I’ve loved Dropbox and been using it for nearly 10 years. When our company was looking to get off of the old school server system Dropbox Business seemed like the natural choice especially because so many on the team had already used Dropbox personally. The amount of storage and options was super helpful for us and allowing us to get rid of remote access but still access our files was just what was needed.

Cons

It’s tough when employees have personal and business accounts. With people’s natural instinct to protect their own info it’s crucial for them to feel that they can use both accounts but toggling back and forth is not a feature that works well.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Price and familiarity of the staff

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Too expensive to maintain an older physical server

Jeffrey from Data Weighing Systems

Industry: Wholesale

Dropbox business - so-so. Dropbox consumer great!

Used Sharepoint, OneDrive, Box, and Google for 5 plus years. Hands down better than the Microsoft Products and is miles ahead of Google, and the price compared to Box is much easier to swallow, but have not noticed huge improvements after going public. Like that you can pay monthly (which Box couldn't do when using) and the price point is easier than Box. Three years in, I like but the cost is keeping me in.

Pros

easy to deploy and setup. Syncing is good...but cannot sync fully if you use consumer and business with two different accounts. It is good but the hiccups are not as good as Box. Better than OneDrive, which was terrible, and better than the google suite. Lower priced than Box.

Cons

version control good but not great. Minute security to files is not as complete as Box. Use can use the Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) when using desktop version, but could not as useful when using tablet or mobile device. The rolling down of security is not as clean but works for the files I am keeping/using. The software has the TEXT searching into the individual files, but cannot easily restrict the search in file type, when created. Pulls up too many files and have to look thru to find the document you are searching for.

Price point.

Benjamin from Ben Accinelli LLC

Industry: Photography

If you have a team that needs to collaborate, look no further

my overall experience has been positive. there has been some issues as with any service, but dropbox has been great to work with and has been helpful. Adding the FTP capability a couple of years ago has been a huge upgrade to the account and makes me want to stick with them indefinitely

Pros

Dropbox has been my go-to software for over 5 years. We use dropbox to collaborate between video projects, graphic projects, and photo projects. We have editors all over the world and nothing works better than dropbox. I've tried using google drive multiple times, but dropbox's desktop sync has been the best thing for our collaboration. Transferring files to clients have been so simple on both ends. Every time we've sent files using google drive, we've had nothing but problems. Dropbox makes it super easy to send files and to gather files. Their file request functionality has been amazing to work with and makes it easy to collaborate with clients outside of our dropbox network.

Cons

The syncing can be a little slow especially with large files, but our work around is using an FTP client to log into dropbox to download and upload files directly to and from dropbox. sometimes we'll have syncing issues, but their file conflict solution has made it manageable to work with but still needs some work. the pricing it through the roof, but when you break it down into it's benefits, it's not so bad—but i do find myself constantly talking myself into the price being ok every time that annually payment goes through.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

desktop syncing for collaboration and file delivery and requests for clients

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

we had so many issues with google drive from downloading, uploading, and sharing files with clients. Periodically i'll give google drive another chance only to find out that they are still inferior to dropbox and is not user-friendly for our use case with a creative team needing to collaborate on a daily basis

Michael from Masmaikel

Expensive, yet you need it

I like Dropbox for Business. It helps me a lot in: - Sync files across device - File sharing with my team - Team work (for people who I require them to send me some file) , instead of sending hundreds of MB file via email (googleDrive), this Dropbox works better for me. - with certain package, you have the option to only keep your file ONLINE. Very helpful for me, it saves my storage.

Pros

1. It's flexible, you can have it online, or offline. 2. It's reliable. I've never experience system down. 3. It works well across platform. I use it on my mobile, tablet and laptop. All works well. I've been using this app more than 5 years.

Cons

It's a bit expensive. The price you see now on their website is the new price. Before, they had the cheaper price. After several years using this service, they increased the price. However, they fairly added the features :) which is helpful. The downside is, you didn't have the options anymore to use the cheaper package with the less price.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

DropBox is more neutral, and it knows exactly the features I need. - work across platform, even on the web. - the price is not that cheap, but it's still make sense - so far, I don't have any problem with the server quality. My data is safe there.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

- Dropbox is more general (not only attached to Apple products) - it works across devices and platform. It even works with the web. - you can work with your team easier.

Dropbox For Business

I've been overall very happy using Dropbox Business. I have worked with all methods of file sharing and this is the one that I prefer generally.

Pros

I like that it syncs so well across devices. The majority of the time it is easy to locate all the files that we need, simple to share documents, and it integrates well with our encryption software. I like being able to open it in an explorer view to find files that have been download, and I'm happy that they've made it optional to download only certain files on the computer and leave the others cloud-based while still seeing them in the different views available on the device, so that there are no large downloads happening anymore on all devices. I also enjoy the roll-back to previous versions that are available.

Cons

There have been instances where we have experienced sync conflicts in folders that resulted in multiple copies of documentation sitting around and that can get confusing. We have worked to mitigate this but sometimes it is unavoidable. Sometimes I have experienced that it is difficult to find documents even with the full text search and I am able to locate them easily by going to the explorer view. I wish the website had a better explorer view.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I don't like the way that OneDrive integrates into office, proffering itself as a savepoint default. I have a personal vendetta against it. Google Drive interface was too confusing for some users when we have used it on projects. Sharepoint is inefficient for our needs and tends to be confusing for users when it comes to things like checking out files. Although it doesn't have the same editing capabilities as the alternatives, this is preferable to us in terms of pure file storage, access, and sharing capacity.

Jeanne from Mutual Dance Theatre and Arts Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Love it, hate the price

I love it!

Pros

Love the functionality and custom settings. Love that I can choose not to sync or “online only” folders. Love that I can connect my personal account to my business account. Love how much space we get. Love that we can use Dropbox as a server for our small org. LOVE LOVE LOVE AND NEED the automatic saving / versioning. This has saved us so many times. This is the main reason, along with using it as a file server, that we pay for Dropbox.

Cons

The price is very steep in my opinion. Many people I know and work with do not use Dropbox because of the cost. It drives me absolutely insane that business requires at least three users. That’s insane to me! Insane. The other thing that is very troublesome is that it doesn’t automatically lock files when you’re working on them and someone else opens the same file. It has some integration that sometimes provides warnings through Excel, but other file types are completely at risk of having conflicting copies. This is very tricky for the non-tech savvy and it is a weakness. Most of what I love comes with the paid version. As a free product, I can see it annoying people as they near their limits.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

We tried so many alternatives because of Dropbox’s price. We ended up liking Dropbox’s features the most. I can’t remember their names, though.

Sarah from Studio Flight

Dropbox Business for Small Teams

Our team uses Dropbox Business every day and we organize it by our projects which makes finding documents and assets very efficient. We love the ability to instantly add a shared Dropbox folder from a client directly into our Dropbox dashboard in a matter of seconds. It's one of the most useful features. The history and version control is also really useful to ensure we're using the latest files.

Pros

This cloud-based storage tool has been incredibly effective, especially now that our team is working remotely due to COVID-19. We are able to organize our documents very efficiently using the tools instead of having to use an internal server. It's game-changing to be able to access documents, photos, and videos from any computer without having to use a clunky VPN login.

Cons

I wish the thumbnails were larger when previewing photos and sometimes when you hit the back button, it takes you to the home page instead of the last page of you breadcrumb trail but the ease of use makes it worthwhile, once you get used to it.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

The price was fair and the ease of use is very good for our small team.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

The free storage is unbeatable compared to other tools.

Camillia from Graphic Designer

Upload With A Simple Drop!It's so Easy

My experience with dropbox has been epic. Its saved much time and frustration of carrying hard drives and switch computers. No longer do you have to worry about "Storage is full delete or move items to make space." No longer do you have to worry about. Panicking because you accidentally left the harddrive in your other suitcase and your outta town so your projects is on hold. NOPE! Not with dropbox. It's so easy to use I recommend it for anyone that's on projects of ant kind. Or just simply wants the security of knowing their stuff is backed up safely if the computer crashes or a exturnal harddrive fails or gets broken. I love how everyone on the team can be on it at one time. Accessing all they need. It's so easy to use. And everything is easy to find. It's way more organized than Google drive.

Pros

When I say that LOVE this software. I LOVE this software. I worked on a media team so we produce alot of videos, promo flyers edits ,photoshop edits, Premiere videos, We use ALOT of storage and each person on the production team has a different task to perform. We used to store stuff on hard drives and unplug them from computer to computer which is a hassle. One time the harddrive dropped and stopped working so we lost all our data. Talk about a mess! But not with dropbox! We uploaded the entire Terabyte of data unto dropbox. And it saved sooo much time and protected our artistic works that's accessible at anytime. Dropbox allows you to create accounts for each person on the team so they can have their own storage and files without it being in the way of others. You simply take a file from your computer Click, Drag, and BOOM its uploaded to Dropbox! It's probably the best storage site I've experienced honestly. Each person has their own individual space and login information. As the admin you can lock projects, restrict access to other people on the team. Or choose who can add files and see content on specific folders. You can create folders and subfolders to organize everything from pictures to videos and let's say "Camillie's Movie 2019" You can add and categorize folders within that folder for say "Drafts folder" or "Jan-March footage" or however you want to break it down.

Cons

Sometimes when uploading depending on the internet speed it can take quite awhile to get everything uploaded. But it's totally worth it because you can save space on your computer and hard drives and can access it anywhere you go.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

The platform is easier. Although the cost is higher. The ease and organizational functionalities it presents are far more plausible. Also they have different plans for your storage needs. That worked with what we had to get done as a team.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Well my manager made the call to use dropbox. And I gotta say I love it. It's so much easier in my opinion than google drive. Because you just literally like the name implies. Drop it into the box. We havent went back since.

Tamas Hunor from Abelcine

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

6+ years with Dropbox

Dropbox is my daily driver for file sharing and backing up my work. It is a convenient and secure solution. Great to share folders for a limited time, protecting with passwords. The new software allows saving space on my computer by managing local/online files. The only thing is I miss a feature mark, select pictures (or files) by a customer and export it to a list.

Pros

Pretty fast syncing, compared to other competitors. Really capable desktop and mobile app with a lot of features. Good money/value ratio.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow with really large files. You have to collect all files in one folder.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Integration with other platforms and speed

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Faster and much easier to use

Lauren from Bert Stern Productions LLC

Power To The Drop

I have been with Dropbox for over 3 years and will continue to use the software. I believe it's crucial to carry heavy files in a web page without crashing. Something that you don't realize is extremely important to a storage software.

Pros

Where can I begin, except for the fact that Dropbox has a powerful engine? From my experience, I am impressed by the energy this software has. I work in media production, so capacity and performance are primary factors in how we store content. Dropbox sees to it that our heaviest files are taken care of. I often transfer computer animations as well, which requires a lofty amount of memory to carry certain files. With that, this software is able to store and load the pages that contain each modeled/rigged subject with ease.

Cons

I would only suggest that the import/export functions were at more of an ease in terms of loading. They often require additional steps to just get a file through. Anything as simple as import to browse would fulfill my only concern.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Egnyte is a bit too bulky of a workspace and requires a lot of unnecessary steps to make an import/export happen.

SARA from The Breathing Process

Industry: Music

Dropbox Allows Musicians to Share and Protect Files

Dropbox solves sharing obstacles, as I can directly share songs and ideas immediately after I upload them. This makes working together possible even if we are not in the same room together. We can freely send ideas back and forth instantly and with ease. Dropbox offers a large amount of storage which is very useful when working with large media files. I know that my files are safe and will remain where I store them no matter what files I may lose on my personal computer. Dropbox has saved me from losing hours of work by safely storing my songs and music ideas.

Pros

Dropbox is a web based service that gives you a free space with an option of additional storage for a reasonable monthly fee. As a musician, it is essential to protect and share your music. I am able to upload files onto my Dropbox storage and send direct access to anyone I choose from all over the globe. Media files are typically large, so there is a huge benefit to have the ability to purchase additional data at any time. I feel safe knowing that my files are protected in the Dropbox cloud, especially in the event of a computer or program crash.

Cons

The Dropbox file compression will degrade the media quality to a noticeable extent when clicking a direct play link. The compression isnt as noticeable on downloaded media files.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox has a better reputation for protecting their users data and files.

Myrna from Guerrero & Chan LLP

Industry: Law Practice

My go-to cloud service

When my firm was looking at products/software to move towards a paperless office, we decided to go with Dropbox because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, and brand reputation. Given that several of our employees were already familiar with Dropbox for their personal needs, the transition to the "cloud" was quite easy. Just upload your existing files into organized folders, and you're done. At first, it took awhile to upload everything to the cloud due to the sheer volume of files being uploaded. But after the initial document "dump", adding new documents/files has been a breeze.

Pros

I like Dropbox's simple and easy-to-use interface. And from a business standpoint, the price is fairly reasonable. I also love the security that Dropbox provides by acting as a digital backup just in case anything happens. I like that you can access Dropbox through multiple platforms and devices--you can access it through a website, a computer application, your cell phone or your tablet--which is helpful when you're working from home, from different locations, or while you're on the road. Plus, sending documents via Dropbox gets there quicker, more secure, and eliminates paper waste, which ultimately saves time and money.

Cons

I really have no complaints about Dropbox at this time. The upload speed is quite fast, and I have no issues with accessing Dropbox.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

We decided to go with Dropbox over its competitors because of its pricing, easy-to-use interface, storage capacity options, and brand reputation. In addition, several of our employees were already using either Dropbox or GoogleDrive for their personal needs, so with their recommendation, we decided to go with Dropbox. Dropbox also integrates with Microsoft Office.

Abraham from Information Technology and Computing Services

Dropbox Business - Pros & Cons

Dropbox has provided the opportunity for employees in the organization to manage and share files locally and remotely without the need for carrying thumb drives from workstation to workstation. Not only has this feature enabled flexibility and efficiency in the work space but also improving the standard of work, saving time and energy as compared to other file management solution. While the sharing of information is critical Dropbox for Business allows the administrators to issue special permissions for users to access links and files. Administrators can further perform other security tasks such as the setting of expiration dates for every information that has been shared to the Cloud. This type of security measures are available to avoid breach of information on Dropbox for Business. Overall I would recommend this solution to any business that have the ability to implement the system.

Pros

The first time I heard about Dropbox for Business I didn't have the slightest clue what this system could do, let alone the benefits and impact it could have on an organization. What I like most about the software is the user friendly interface and how easy it is to setup an account compared to other systems out there. Once the account has been setup, you can give employees access immediately, so they can start syncing files, uploading files and creating folders between other computers from any location. As an administrator Dropbox for business made my life easier when managing multiple accounts. It gives you the flexibility to track existing files, lost files and other issues that come up from time to time. And if you already have Dropbox installed, you can upgrade to the business option from a free or Pro option, therefore incorporating existing user accounts into a business account without any additional work.

Cons

As it is common for any cloud solution, there is a price factor that needs to be considered carefully before a decision is made to go with the solution at hand. Dropbox for Business maybe a bit too expensive for small to medium size businesses. There is a 30-day free trial use for limited users only and if you do choose to go with the paid option, you will be looking at paying a price of $750 per year for just 5 user licenses. If you want to add more users the cost keeps increasing. Having Dropbox running within your organization can also impact the performance of your network bandwidth, that's if your users are uploading large files during peak production hours. You may have to do some tweaking and configuration from a network perspective to accommodate this new solution.

Leng from Arts for Lawrence

Great Tool for Teamwork

My overall experience with Dropbox Business was excellent, but I had to drop it due to the high price, which competes with Google Drive. I still use the free version of Dropbox for my organization, especially with everything related to team work, but I have to say that the Business one has better features and offers more space for your documents.

Pros

I love that this software allows to share information in real time. I think is excellent when working with a team. It provides a digital working space, which is very needed these days. Also, people are able to make changes to the same document without loosing its original functionalities. It can opens either with the explorer window (internet explorer, google, etc) or with the file explorer of the computer.

Cons

What I like the least about this software/platform is the price. It's very expensive, especially for small business or organizations. Of course, you can always use the free version, which I ended up doing, but the feature for modifying documents does not work properly. I understand that if you want that to work fine you ahve to pay for it, but I will be willing to sacrificy space for this function. Just something to consider for the developers.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Again, Google Drive does not support excel macros. If you want to open and modify an excel or word document in Google Drive, it must be opened in Google sheets, which limits the features that Microsoft excel, or Word, or Powerpoint offer, and I like to make advanced use of all my softwares. Also, I open Dropbox with my File explorer, which to me, is less confusing than working from internet windows.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I made the switch because Google Drive do not support excel macros. Also, Dropbox provides extra space for your work stuffs with real time sharing, whose access you can control. It is just a matter of sending a link to others for sharing information.

Ian from UBSafe Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Preferred solution

We've solved the need for expensive hardware, staying current, online security, backup and version control, access privileges both internal and external.

Pros

I find dropbox very easy to use, integrate and administer. We've been using it for several years now (probably 10). It was always good but just continues to improve. We're setup with varying levels of access and use it as our company server - negating the need for any hardware or IT. We've looked at switching to Sharepoint / oneDrive as it's included in our Office365 subscription. It's just not as clean and simple as dropbox. My engineering team does not want to move over because Dropbox is working so well for them.

Cons

Honestly I can't come up with much but I would like to see integration with Office365 as I see usage of Teams as a real benefit in working remotely and managing project communications.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Ease of use and history of zero issues

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

I don't recall the name but we used to run synchronizing software on each computer which sort of worked but came with a lot of version control issues and didn't solve many other needs.

"Kennedy" Marie from Law Office of Marie G Hernandez

Best Document Management Software for Personal Use and Small Businesses

Overall, this is an excellent product. I can't imagine using anything else for my small law firm and for my own personal document management needs.

Pros

There aren't many negative things to say about Dropbox. They dominate this corner of the market, and it shows. Businesses nowadays are all about integration and automation. Virtually all other noteworthy software integrates directly with Dropbox, making automation a breeze. Dropbox's integration with MS Office 365 Online now makes it possible to make edits to MS Word and Excel documents right from Dropbox. "Dropbox Transfer" allows you to share or transfer a large number of documents with others, right from Dropbox. And if you subscribe to the "Professional" level, you can "rewind" changes and deletions to folders and documents for 180 days.

Cons

Not really a Con, just wishful thinking on my part: Dropbox integrates with Adobe Sign, which is great. However, right now, there is no integration to Adobe Document Cloud, which would allow a user to do more with PDFs right from Dropbox. But it looks like they are headed in that direction soon. Also, I'm not crazy about the "per user" pricing structure, but that is how most services charge nowadays. I do wish that the "rewind" feature was available for the Business and Enterprise levels.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

I have Zoho Docs, Google Drive, and MS OneDrive already. But none of these has the features and capabilities of Dropbox.

Isaac from Ethical Leaf Tobacco

Industry: Tobacco

Dropbox Review by Isaac Fungura

At one time I travelled to Namibia, lost my laptop in transit, but since I had my files synced, I easily got my files and continued with my work 2000km away from home I have managed to keep my important files like documents and pictures intact for more than 10 years I often use Dropbox transfer to send files up to 100GB large with password protection for sensitive data to my colleagues who are not Dropbox users without giving away access to my original document.

Pros

Keeps all data organised and can sync across all your devices - mobile and desktop Sync allows files to be accessible offline on the synced folder Allows collaboration of multiple users able to comment on files Dropbox paper allows writing documents, editing, brainstorming, reviewing and collaborating with anyone with the shared URL. Also allows user to create to do lists and due dates You can recover files that have been deleted so there is no risk of permanently losing data through an error Dropbox keeps track of all changes and versions and you can easily restore prior versions of the file in case you make a mistake. When collaborating with multiple users, Dropbox keeps an audit trail of who has edited a document Can create file requests - inviting someone to upload or tag you to their file

Cons

Mobile version faces challenges when dealing with big files hence not as flexible as the desktop version Syncing folders from desktop may end up uploading unnecessary files as long as they are added to that folder Affected by internet speeds on downloads and uploads which frustrates the user especially on large files

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Back then, there were not so many options for sync and back up, so external storage hardware were the options available and Dropbox's idea made immense sense.

Greg from New Frame Media

Dropbox Has Completely Changed the way we Share Work with Clients

The biggest business problem we are solving is the ability to share all of our office files in a single repository. This eliminates email requests and even Slack requests as everyone knows that all files are in the Dropbox and everyone has access. This saves our team quite a bit of time and keeps people locked in on creative projects without getting distracted with too many requests.

Pros

Our number one favorite feature in Dropbox is the ability to share a link to a file with clients and have them make comments right on the file. If we're sharing a video, they can comment at exact spots in the video, and they can markup graphic files. Additionally, Dropbox saves us an incredible amount of time in the office, as we no longer have to request files from various members of our design team. With our shared Dropbox folders, everyone can access everything, and with version control, nothing is ever lost.

Cons

Occassionally we've had issue with the "smart sync" feature downloading files to our machines when we didn't request to have that happen. It's a minor annoyance that we're hoping to see fixed in a future release.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Google Drive was a mess to use... required complex permissions and we are often signed into multiple google accounts throughout the day, so we found ourselves repeatedly having to request permission, sign out, sign in, sign back out, etc. It just didn't fit our workflow. Plus, Dropbox has a lot more features that really make it a superior product.

Jenna from Black Diamond Equine

Industry: Veterinary

Cloud Storage for the Business World

We are so connected. We keep all of our order lists, records, and other paperwork that everyone needs to see in dropbox. No matter where you are in the clinic, office, or at the store you can pull this up and get the information that you need. It has helped with flow in our clinic 110% I can not imagine doing business or running our office with out dropbox.

Pros

This has got to be the easiest, seamless, greatest cloud storage I have ever dealt with. It's always right there on your desktop. You can access your files anywhere. I honestly have no idea what we would have done if you did not set up dropbox for out vet office.

Cons

It really is not a con, but it would be nice to have more storage. We are on year 3 and I am having to start clearing out files to keep our storage space. However that in itself is a huge perk. It took our vet clinic 3 years to fill the storage up.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

How easy it was to work with and truly the fact that I can pin it to the task bar on every computer and that we can get to it on our phones. It's can be everywhere and in this day and age that makes all the difference.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

We needed something that was smoother to run and that could attach to the desktop on all of our computers.

Anne from Onsite-group

Industry: Security and Investigations

No More Lost Files

Much preferred using dropbox than Sharepoint. Dragv file to your dropbox folder ligation and that's where it is on your harddrive, no wasted time searching in cloud for location of saved files.

Pros

If internet access is not available at time of file upload dropbox will save upload and commence once internet is available. Can retrieve previous versions of uploads and undelete actions. You can assign users and grant permission type to users. You can decide who gets to see what in your dropbox, whether complete access/viewing of while drive or just certain documentation or file locations. You can remove user access at anytime thereby blockingv the user from unw anted access. You can decide whether files you share can be edited or just reviewed. Funded dropbox owner greater control of who sees what and what takes they can perform. Owner can remove certain parts of dropbox from syncing therefore reducing the amount of time fur uploads to be performed.

Cons

Upload time depends on how much you have saved in your dropbox. The less files the faster the upload.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Found SharePoint to be more confusing when saving or uploading files.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Ease of use. Clarity of saved file locations for easier access by all assigned users who have granted permission to access files/folder. Realtime syncing of dropbox which is great of you are uploading or deleting, moving or renaming folders or files.

Roberto Antonio from Marketing - Brasil Crachás

Essential for file sharing

Dropbox is a must for the company. We keep everything necessary there, so we feel safe to keep our files backed up. We have a lot of peace of mind. When we have to write to several people in the same document, we do it without any worries. It's quite useful and straightforward. It's also easy to upload an important document that everyone in the office has to view and download. Communication is easy and effective. The smartphone application works very well, is very well optimized and allows for easy use. We don't always have to be on the PC to use Dropbox.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use the Business version of Dropbox. It dramatically increases the productivity of teamwork because several people can edit the same document at the same time. It's great when there's a meeting to take notes or edit a report. Everything improves with the integration you have with Zoom; there's a perfect collaborative work dynamic. It's imperative to have backups of relevant documents that are handled in the company, so we always have everything stored in the Dropbox cloud, including files to programming. The security is impeccable, so in case of an emergency, we can always have access without this kind of inconvenience. The two-factor authentication is extra protection that is very useful for delicate operations within the account. The design is simple, intuitive and useful. I think it's perfect because it does everything you need. There's nothing to interrupt the experience, no unnecessary animations.

Cons

Uploading big files takes a long time, no matter how good your Internet connection is. Speed is limited for some reason I don't know, and that happens on every device in the office. The changes sometimes take a little while to synchronize. They are small details that I think must be improved to be the perfect software of this type.

Hao Ci from Sports

Dropbox review

Dropbox is so far the best cloud storage and syncing services platform, it satisfies my security concern for files sharing and it is a software I would recommend companies.

Pros

Dropbox provides easy file synchronization and supports files sharing, this allows companies to share, exchange and modify information in the cloud storage, which increases the productivity of workers as they can access the data everywhere besides improving the collaboration. Dropbox also provides access to deleted files and documents which is very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing much to complain about dropbox, the feature and performance are very outstanding as compared to other cloud storage service, the only disadvantage I personally could think of is its price.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox has a better file syncing feature and it does provide file encryption thus, providing a more secure platform.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox is more user-friendly and more simple to use as compared to OneDrive.

Cloud Storage that Focus on Needs

Now we have control over data as we can access data from both phone and desktop. We don't have to worry about losing data as we know it is secure with Dropbox Business.

Pros

Dropbox Business has helped us to back up our company and personal data easily. Having a desktop and mobile applications helps to access the cloud stored data from everywhere whenever we need it. In a desktop, files and folders to be backed up are easily dragged to the shortcut on desktop which is convenient and easy. Dropbox Business allows the administrator to give other users controlled access to data in our company thereby providing a platform for easy team work as data is made available for team's access everywhere they are. You can also give links to individuals that don't have access credentials to download data from the account without logging in.

Cons

Dropbox Business has no Artificial Intelligence to recognize and group data on its own, it depends on the user to put files in order before backing up.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox has the best customer support and has no downtimes thereby making it reliable. It has beautiful interface and it is easy to use.

Carlos from Centro de Salud Santa Ines UCAB

Store documents in the Cloud and share documents with your co-workers.

Dropbox is, without a doubt, the best existing software to store and synchronize documents in the cloud. Having this software in your work will get many benefits to store, share and edit documents in the cloud, as its options work splendidly, far outperforming the competition. Another ivaluable element that Dropbox has is its security for the storage and transfer of information, for many years Dropbox has been in charge of perfecting its security system and thus be more appealing for large companies. A software that I always recommend.

Pros

The storage and synchronization of information in the cloud is one of the most useful tools for businesses today. This service makes it very easy for companies to share and modify files in the cloud, creating a new generation of workers more productive and efficient in their work. Dropbox is a beneficial software for you and your company for the following aspects. -In addition to storing information in the cloud, you can synchronize your Dropbox folder with other devices and users, facilitating the transfer of information. -You have excellent levels of security to share confidential files from your company to other users. File transfers are done through SSL with AES-256 encryption. -Create direct links and share them with the users you want. -Dropbox has a multiplatform application, which allows you to use the software on Android and IOS. -Dropbox has contracts with other service companies, whether they are creators of online stores, websites, companies and much more. -Synchronize a folder from your pc or smartphone with Dropbox, and when you copy any document to this folder, it will automatically be hosted in the Dropbox cloud. -Send large files seamlessly with Dropbox.

Cons

This software has a remarkable performance, and its features were designed exclusively for hosting information in the cloud, in addition to synchronization with other devices and users using Dropbox. I have used these aspects for a few years, achieving my work goals and establishing a very important file base. Dropbox has everything I need and I have never had any mishaps when I use it.

Karasinghe Arachchige from AIH Group

Dropbox Business

In a nutshell, this software help to guarantee security satisfaction for sharing sensitive documents for connected stakeholders in the digital platform. Moreover, saves invaluable time for company operations when transferring sensitive data and information at the multinational level. Last but not least, reduce unnecessary courier fees to third-party companies to send vital files, therefore ensure maximum cost savings for companies while boosting the ROI for the company.

Pros

1. Ease of use to this software can be considered as one of the best features in this software because you just need to either do drag and drop or copy and paste. 2. Enable to link various devices through different platforms (Windows, Android, Mac) 3. Allow sharing massive files that cannot be shared through official Email communications like Microsoft Outlook. 4. Guaranteed security for sharing documents because the stakeholders are aware that unlike Emails; only connected people have access to view these items. 5. Ease of upload from Mobile phones is recognized as the best feature. 6. Any activity inside the Dropbox notifies at the same time between the connected parties. For Example, if someone deleted a file from one end, instantly sharing messages among other devices like PC and pop up as small notifications. 7. Allows the company to expand the storage space is an ultimate feature as it helps the company to reduce physical archives and renting spaces. 8. It can allow third parties to share the files despite them having Dropbox software; therefore help to reduce the work time and enhance operational efficiency.

Cons

1. Sometimes it takes time to upload the files despite a strong broadband facility available since some of the connected direct stakeholders in the loop had to wait to see the shared file for some time which I did by using my PC 2. For Mobile Dropbox users, not getting a pop-up notification when activity was done by using a PC 3. Not Experienced visible updates

David from Largerview Technical Services

My GoTo Cloud Storage and Sharing System

It's my central file sharing and syncing system. I've used it personally and professionally for years. As an IT Tech, I'm always recommending it to companies. It works easily and reliably. My largest deployment is for 40 employees who are all sharing a common data drive. I almost never have to trouble shoot anything.

Pros

It just works! I can't stress enough how much this matters. The program is easy to use on the desktop (Mac and PC) and the web interface is great as well if you are on a guest computer. Syncing is fast and doesn't slow the computer. Mobile access is super easy and fast as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything wrong with it. I've been using it for years... maybe it could be free, but that seems unfair to ask...

The flawless functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

OneDrive was terrible when I switched (several years ago), and while OneDrive has improved a LOT, this is still the no-brainer solution.

Amy from Union Realty Brokerage Inc.

Dropbox is Great

Overall experience has been great. I've tried other programs in the past such as OneDrive and Google Drive and I haven't liked either as much as I like Dropbox.

Pros

I love that when I sync it to my desktop it acts as though it's files on my computer. So I don't need to open and close the browser, I can just move files the same way I would if I was saving them on my computer. Love that it syncs with multiple computers as well so there's no wait time with email documents, we just put them into dropbox and everyone immediately has access.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like about Dropbox. I would love to be able to create users and control what they have access to so that I could keep some folders private. Or another great features would be to have some folders password protected, that way I would be able to control who had the password and could access them.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Again the organization was just far above that of OneDrive and Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

Dropbox was easier to organise and control who had access to what.

Brice from Launch Lab, inc

Excellent Solution

Very happy with the software and would not consider replacing it.

Pros

Love the ease of use and the permission based folder nesting capabilities. We actually use Dropbox as a client visual workflow system as well as the standard file sharing system. Our clients love it. Our team loves it.

Cons

Their additional products are too simple. Paper is close but limited in usefulness and showcase is too simple and lacking in functionality. Both products have glimpses of what they could be but they fall short option, ease of use, and flexibility wise.

It just worked better.

Reasons for Switching to Dropbox Business

OneDrive worked fine but it felt dated and it didn’t connect with as many outside systems as Dropbox and it didn’t do so week when it did connect. It also struggled with syncing.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

The Perfect Solution for File Storage

My overall experience with Dropbox Business has been great. It has made our organization for productive and we've spent less time searching for files and folders (Dropbox's search functionality is very helpful). I can also print files directly from my iPhone using my printer's app, which can easily be synched with my Dropbox account. Since our computers and laptops are in separate rooms, this functionality is perfect for printing Dropbox files when not physically in front of the computer. Also, with the Dropbox app, I can easily find, attach, and send any file in my account via email. It's perfect for business individuals who are on the go. Prior to using Dropbox, almost everyone kept files on their laptops. This really wasn't effective and involved a lot of email messaging and overlap of files. Dropbox solved this problem quite nicely for us. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Pros

Dropbox really is the perfect solution for file storage. What separates Dropbox's individual subscription (Basic) from its business subscription is the ability assign multiple users with unique email addresses. The Standard and Advanced options both come with 3 user licenses. This is not to say that only 3 users can access your files. Sharing occurs at the admin level, and admins can share files with other Dropbox users (including Basic and Plus users). This is one of the great benefits of using Dropbox. My favorite feature, however, is Dropbox's simplicity. It is super easy to create top-level directories and then add sub-directories (and sub-sub-directories, etc). For example, our top-level folders are Contracts, Art Files, Manuscripts, Schedules. Within our Manuscripts folder are sub-folders (e.g., Anthologies, Fiction, Nonfiction). You can customize or create as many file folders as needed, but hopefully this gives you some example of the options available to you. It's also very easy to rename, delete, and move files. Another great feature is that deleted files can still be accessed for 30 days. Always good in case a file is unintentionally deleted. Admins can also synch Dropbox to their laptops for easy file search and navigation.

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like about using DropBox Business. The storage size of 3 TB far exceeds what we currently need, but this is not a bad thing. The pricing is competitive. The home page of your account will display Recent files, which is great if you are working on the same file over a period of days or weeks. I simply cannot think of a single negative about this storage solution.

good product but needs improvement

Still better than not having a shared server at all. Has a large amount of space offered so we don't have to worry about losing files. Licenses and teams are also easy to manage.

Pros

The ability to access files anytime, anywhere, especially from a mobile device. Intuitive and always evolving to be better. It's also widely known so most people don't need much training on it.

Cons

Lack of customer support - they just refer you to guides and FAQs. We also received no help in our initial setup and after having the software for a while, there are countless things we could have done better to share and organize our folders. Glitchy sometimes - on multiple occasions I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the desktop app to make it work Files are not collaborative enough. At this point, you'd imagine Dropbox would work like google sheets where you and someone else can edit the same document at the same time. But instead, you have to deal with conflicted duplicate files. Billing could be explained better. We have multiple entities in our business and need to split our bill regularly but dropbox doesn't make it easy to code specific users or licenses to specific entities under the overarching business account

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

we went with microsoft and weren't familiar with OneDrive at the time. Therefore, no use for Google Sheets as its not cyber protected under our business.

Edward from Grey Group

Dropbox Business Review.

Our company has solved the great problem of not being able to save amounts of information, files or transactions, because we did not have a safe place to store these important documents, that is why we lost a lot of information, important documents, valuable transactions for us, also that we had that change the computers monthly, because they were saturated and we could not recover them, thanks to this software, all these problems were solved, now these documents are not lost, they are automatically saved in the cloud and With just a few clicks, we have access to all of them , which facilitates our work and allows us to finish jobs in our homes that were incomplete or that need more time to do them, we could send them to the cloud, download them to our home, terminals and recharge, exponentially increasing the productivity of the company.

Pros

Dropbox is very easy to use, just take a few minutes to register and once this is done, you can save any amount of information you want in the cloud, important documents, photos, files, transactions, empty your computer or mobile phone to not slow them down. or saturate them with information, and you will not lose any file due to damage or theft of your computer, since synchronizing it with your device or computer will automatically save any file, making it one of the safest methods to save files in the world. It should be noted that you can share any document or information with anyone who uses the program, without having full access, only what you want.

Cons

The drawback is the limited space available for the cloud, since it can save a large number of files, but there comes a time when it reaches this limit and you must pay a special fee to add more memory to the cloud, which I consider very high for the common user or the company that is thinking of acquiring this software, in addition to the folders can not be customized, so you can not specify well to be each, I hope that in future updates you can correct these small details, but In general It is excellent software.

Jonathan from Production Glue

Dropbox Keeps Our Documents Safe, Secure, and Easy to Access

We use Dropbox Business in our office to keep our records in one place for our team. It's especially helpful because we have certain files that are shared across the entire company, and then we also have certain files only used for my own team. It's very easy to create a file, upload a document, and share it with other people. It's also far more secure than other platforms in terms of keeping log of confidential information.

Pros

I love that it is easy to create a folder and have it shared with many people at one time. It's also great to have this set up on my computer in my own Quick Access files, so I can just drag and drop documents from my saved documents and downloads into a Dropbox file. My company has always used dropbox, and having the business account gives us enough space so we can keep all our records in one secure place.

Cons

It's not quite as complex and doesn't quite offer the features of Google Drive or other cloud storage platforms, but it is simple and it does the job. It is also very easily cluttered when you have too many people sharing things across platforms.

Reasons for Choosing Dropbox Business

Dropbox is the most well known online storage system and is a no-brainer for our company in terms of our needs.

Sara from Boise State University

Dropbox: Quality for Use!

Overall, this has been an absolutely fabulous product and software for us to use. We recommend it to campus partners, our students, and our new staff always love having access and training to use this!

Pros

I think that this software was very ahead of its time when it came out. On campus unfortunately some of our students experience difficulty in saving onto university drives in areas such as our student union building, or in our libraries. Having access to a software like this allows them to safely store and save information, and doesn't clog up any home screens or memory on their own personal devices. The free trials have been excellent for our team to test out this product! I like that there are different plans that you can purchase based on how much you need to save, and there are additional cool features like sharing permissions, audits, and support options. Something that really stood out to me was the fact that you can get phone or chat support. Chat support is SO, SO ideal for our team to use since we are constantly on our computers and always on student phone calls, so being able to utilize chat while we are still able to do work is an incredible feature and a really big win for us! The storage space on the "Standard" plan is an insanely good deal for us and the amount of information we need to store. The remote wipe has also been an amazing security feature and helps with peace of mind. Knowing that you can use the features for the smart syncs and operate off of the admin dashboards has been really fun for us, we have loved doing group trainings to learn about these things and to also learn about the amount of apps you can connect to and utilize with this!

Cons

I don't have anything that I didn't like! One of the best features that our students and team have discussed is that you can use the thirty day free trial truly for free; you don't need to provide a credit card which is a big plus for us; so many of our students don't want to enter in that kind of personal information and this is just such a fantastic option for them. Something that stands out about this product compared to competitors is that you can get billed yearly or monthly. This is a big plus to us as we can do mass purchases for our teams to store on for one yearly fee so we just have to allocate one purchase card order instead of doing them every month if we had utilized the monthly option.

Peter from Columbia Data Products - Snapback

Dropbox is the perfect solution to store all my files in a safe, secure and available way at all tim

Dropbox has become the best solution of the company to store information, regardless of its volume, since this system offers us an unlimited space, we can also share these files with colleagues and members of our team, modify them if necessary and update that data from the browser or any mobile device, which really reduces time and prevents complications such as unexpected transfers to the office This platform offers a large number of applications that are very functional and interesting, as far as our work environment has been felt, since it has improved the performance and effectiveness of the activities in the company. Another aspect that has been very useful to us, is that we have reduced in large quantity the use of paper, boxes of files and the most important thing is that we have recovered physical space that we had previously occupied. .

Pros

This system allows us to store large content files, which are able to synchronize to other computers in which we share important information with our work team, colleagues or users in the network. Its installation was very simple to make, since we only had to download an application and create an account. Dropbox gives us great security since all the files are totally encrypted in keys, the transmission of the data is done through the TLS and SSL protocols, which gives great security to our files. It also offers an application for phones, so we can create a local folder on the device that we choose, which can be synchronized with an online version and thus have all our files available even when offline. Through the Dropbox Business function we simplify the management of teams by being able to monitor all of our company's team. Another aspect that we liked very much is that this system is integrated into Site W, which allows us to create a website, store documents , images, videos, etc., we can also share files.

Cons

I really think that Dropbox is a platform that is perfectly structured in all its aspects, whose properties are very functional, for all this it is the indispensable tool that every professional, entrepreneur or user in general.

samuel from Self-employed

Industry: Graphic Design

Dropbox is a good cloud storage platform… Dropbox Business makes it Better

For a Graphic Designer, Dropbox has been the most useful tools for me to deliver project to my clients for the past 6 years. It is easy to navigate and sharing of files to a third party is simple and convenient using the Share Link feature. Dropbox has helped a lot in my business and backups; Dropbox Business expands my experience with more storage and other features. The mobile apps makes it even easier to use, I can easily view, edit and share my files anywhere I am, without waiting to use the PC. Throughout the years of using Dropbox, I have no trouble with my files; they are safely stored on the cloud.

Pros

Dropbox is recommended it for anyone looking for ease to use online storage. There is clean user interface, easy to learn for new users. Dropbox made it possible to share files to a third party, manage file’s permissions, and allow users to protect their files with password, this helps user’s file locked to unauthorized access. My favourite will be the Add to my Dropbox feature. With this, I don’t have to download files shared to me; I can just transfer them to my Dropbox account with a single click, no matter the size. Dropbox have a perfect synchronizing feature called Smart Sync that allows users to use a single account on multiple devices easily. Dropbox created a convenient environment for their users, with mobile app for both Android and iOS users and also a PC app, which are more convenient to use. The PC App create a folder on the PC which all already files on the Dropbox account automatically sync to the PC which makes downloading unnecessary, also the folder is a perfect way to upload to Dropbox with easy Copy and Paste, other benefit of using Dropbox App is the ability to pause uploading of files. Dropbox offers a free Basic account with 2G available storage for each sign ups, which is a small storage for professional users. Over the years, I had to upgrade my basic account to PLUS account which offer additional storage space of 3TB and some other features. Dropbox offer 30 days Free Trial on Business Account which is good to test the plan.

Cons

Dropbox offers are clean with a stress-free platform that I can hardly think of a disadvantage, but I will say the first major problem I have with Dropbox, which is inability to pause uploading of files on the webpage. Before the apps are available, uploading of files can be frustrating; any interruption to the internet connection to the PC will make the uploading to starting all over, which is why I recommend using the apps. The Free Basic Account is limited to 2GB which is small amount of space and users need to upgrade the Plus Account. And for some reason, Monthly payment options are more expensive than Yearly payment options, which is ridiculous.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 17,715 reviews