(17,866)

17,866

(4,363)

4,363

• Pros

• "The storage space is fantastic and the playback quality is flawless"

• "I love this software and will use it for forever! It truly is easy for anyone to use and is very convenient."

• "I absolutely love this product! It makes storing my work so much easier than anything I've ever used "

• Cons

• "It can be difficult to find what files are taking up your storage quota. The web UI is pretty but has been much slower in my daily use. It's improving but still laggy from time to time"

• "I love it, nothing to add here. The app could be a little better organized "

• "Could have a better interface, but it does its job well."

Browse Google Drive Reviews

Suzannah from Digi Telecommunications

My choice for cloud storage

Moving around my files, document and media is the best to do with this cloud storage software. Sometimes, i need to do some work from my smartphone and the files is in my tablet. I can easily access to the files because the files is linked to the Google Drive and i can access it from everywhere as long there are internet connection.

Pros

Google Drive is free for anyone with an account with Google. It is available in smartphone, tablet and computer which is very critical for cloud storage software to has this kind of flexibility. It is also very compatible with Google Docs product, and it will saves the document automatically if the document original location is in the drive storage.

Cons

What i dislike with Google Drive is, the process of sharing the files on the software is quite confusing. It also need to person that i am sharing the files also has email account with the gmail, and it is impossible for them to view the files if they don't have google email account.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

OneDrive is quite confusing to use and the upload speed is slower.

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Documents Safe-Haven

After losing A LOT of important files a few years ago when my hard drive crashed, I was looking around for software that would be the best 'back up' option. After trialing Drive I was so impressed that I even upgraded my storage option and have loved it since.

Pros

Whether it's music, videos, images or documents they can all be stored Drive. Files can be separated into folders so it's really easy to organise and keep track of everything. Drive syncs across all my devices, so I have access to important information whether using my mobile, tablet or PC.

Cons

When you download multiple things at a time it automatically downloads them into a 'zip' folder, which is an additional cost to use software to 'unzip'. VERY frustrating! You have to double-check when you've uploaded multiple things at a time that it all really did upload - sometimes files are missed. It's better to upload smaller quantities of files at a time, which is annoying and time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Purely the storage availability, price point and compatibility with other Google apps.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The other company didn't have the storage options I was looking for at the competitive price point that Drive offers. Drive is also more compatible with other Google apps like Sheets, etc.

Norzihan from Maxis

Cloud storage that is easy to access

Great experience for all of the years that i have use this cloud storing service. All my data is free from viruses as they has a feature to scanning for viruses, and free from data corruption which is a disaster for user like me that relaying on large data to work effectively.

Pros

Google Drive has a complete feature package as cloud storage that i can store, share and protect my file and document with much ease. There are no need no more to using physical drive that can go corrupted and goes missing when Google Drive has offered a very easy process storing data over the internet.

Cons

There are not much things that goes wrong in all the years that i have used this service. The only things that may be a hassle is, it can't be access offline and and always need internet connectivity to access back the storage. The software also won't scanning for viruses for a larger size file, and only scanned for a smaller file size.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

OneDrive charge more for expanding storage size unlike Google Drive.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Best Way to Track/Organize/and make sure your information is secure in the cloud.

Overall, we found that it is a crucial software for our business. We share files with clients and share with team members. This way we can make sure to have everything under one software and stay organized.

Pros

First of all it's free up to 15 gigabytes. That is a huge bonus (the files storage size) and it is easy to set up use for collaborating with multiple members of my team.

Cons

Since i'm in the film industry we need more than 15 gigabytes and even with our photo production, we find that we have to upgrade to the enterprise plan that gives us terabytes.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We wanted something under all in one "roof".

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We needed more storage than dropbox offered at the time.

camillia from Graphic Designer

Drive Drives you crazy

Drive is good for storaging things on your phone or computer. For backuping up information or data its top to none. So if something happens to your harddrive or External you know your things are safe. It also has a Auto Backup feature that can be used on the phone side of things. I looked and I had pictures from old phones back in 2015 I didnt even know backed up to Drive. I was a happy person looking at that stuff. So it's good in that aspect. But for group projects. I remember my boss sharing his files with me for beginners training. But it's functionality on project group side is not as practical as Dropbox or I-Cloud in my experience of it. They may have improved over the years.

Pros

I like that you can upload your files to Drive and storage things on it. It saves space on the phone and potentially on the computer. It has a Auto-Backup feature that works perfectly so you don't have to manually store things to it.

Cons

It's very disorganized compared to other storage platforms. With dropbox you can create folders and everything is accessible neatly. And while drive does categorize things by dates . It doesnt necessarily allow you to organize everything by project or category. If it does it's not as easy to do as other platforms. Although I havent used the software consistantly in over 3 years. For example: I'm doing edits for some flyers. Some edits are finalized so I wanna put them into a finalized folder. Other edits are in-Progress so I wanna put those into a "In-Progress folder" While others might be for another persons project on my team. They may very well have those features but it wasn't very clear on how to do it. They should have pop-up and tutorials when you first download the software to give people ideas on how to get the most outta their software. Most times I found myself scrolling through Hundreds and hundreds of videos and photos just to find the one I was looking for. Also it takes up alot of space on your phone. I remember having google drive and it took over 700MB of space this was about 3 years ago. It was alot to deal with so eventually I took it off my phone. But still used it for recieving shared files on my computer from my boss. I didnt like the functionally of it after using other platforms of equal capacities.

Hanny from HM Engineering LLC

Most impactful software for a small business

Google Drive is being used to share and edit documents between employees of a small company. It is an excellent product.

Pros

Google Drive does many things well. 1) Using "Backup and Sync," Google Drive allows for synchronization between a Windows folder and the Drive website and phone app. 2) Google Drive seamlessly integrates with Windows as a directory without the need to open an app or website. 3) Documents can be shared and edited with multiple users concurrently.

Cons

There is a difficulty in managing shared documents in Windows. When a document is shared by someone else with you, it appears in the "Shared with me" section in the Google Drive website or app. However, it does not appear in the Google Drive directory on Windows. That means that I am forced to use the website or app for those files. This is a frustrating limitation.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive has a better integration across multiple users and devices using Windows and Android. The price for 100GB was slightly less expensive with Google Drive than Microsoft OneDrive.

Ali from AZEREX

A photo and file backup system with simple features with high security

Google Drive is a great experience that provides the user with good basic features at the same time. If you do not need advanced features such as folder encryption password or more complex advanced settings, then Google Drive is great for you, especially for backup everyday photos and regular daily files.

Pros

Google's Drive do all works in background and backup process system is very smart, and when your device is in standby mode, it categorizes all files and is ready to transfer to google secure cloud. Google Drive use your mobile internet data intelligently and wait for WiFi to sync and back up files. Google Drive does not require any training and you can easily back up your files and photos with one button and move them to Google Cloud Safe. The rest is done automatically.

Cons

There is no expiration date for the shared link, it should be possible for all shared files to be easily viewed and disabling shared links in the platform. When transferring photos, if the photos need to be compressed, Google Drive must ask users, them if you want the images to be compressed or not.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Lower prices with high speed services and simple UI and Platform

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

At that time, we were looking for simplicity and lower prices for low backups that have good security for everyone.

Ross from Pandora

Great storage/collaboration SW for both personal and enterprise use

Great for a 100% backed up data between a computer and the cloud, total freedom from accidents / local data corruption. The integration across Gmail, Calendar and the amount of 3rd party integrations is what makes this product a natural selection for almost any tasks. There's a notion that MS office (especially on prem) might be a better fit for compliance-heavy, risky legal projects. Not sure it's not an urban legend and would recommend challenging that assumption.

Pros

1. Very robust storage solution with no downtime and intuitive syncing capabilities - set it and forget it, it becomes just another drive on your computer. 2. Collaboration tools allow real-time editing with multiple people in parallel for all the important type of documents - spreadsheets, docs and slides. 3. Other features that stand out: a large initial free storage amount, easy version control and excellent commenting capability that allows following-up, assigning as a task, etc.

Cons

1. Can't use multiple google accounts for offline access (only one at a time) - might not be an issue if only one account is being used. 2. Unfortunately there's no tabbed navigation functionality in docs. In MS office there's OneNote that has the best in class tabbed navigation, which makes it easy to manage multiple docs grouped in an intuitive manner. The only way to address it in google docs is by managing folders, which is suboptimal.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google drive is so much smoother, more polished, more functional (faster, less bugs)

George Rex from ROC Aire Consulting Limited

Drive is Second to None

I have really enjoyed using Google drive. Even when I decided to have other alternative products just to test out their functions, I still prioritise drive as my number one option for online file storage and retrieval.

Pros

I have always loved google products, drive in particular. I have used Drive over the years and it has really been efficient cloud-based file storage and management work tool. The fact that you can easily integrate and sync other work tools like Google Docs, Sheets and even Gmail with just one account is elation for me.

Cons

I do not really have anything I like least about Drive, except the fact that it does not have an automatic link shortener for its sharable link generator. If Google could have both long and short link option, it would be the best cloud storage app ever.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Easy integrations and file synchronisation, especially with everyday office tools.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Could not easily integrate and sync with my regular office tools

Shahila from CIMB

Google Drive is my choice

It is a pleasant journey for almost 4 years using this software as a main cloud storage for all my files. To upgrading the storage space is quite costly, but it is worth every penny as i really maximize all the storage space to backing up my work and personal document in here.

Pros

I really like that Google Drive are compatible with all the device that i own, and i can collect back all the data on the cloud storage really easy every time i need it, and it process it very fast. It has two option for the sharing link, one for private access or and another is for public access which making the sharing process more flexible.

Cons

Google Drive has less service or software that can be integrated with it, except for the software that is under Google. The shared files is also not placed on my storage, they has its special folder for it and it is very confusing for the first time i am using the software since i can't find the shared files.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

iCloud has too much restriction and not work really well paired with non apple device.

Adnan from JP Autoceste FBiH doo Mostar

Industry: Civil Engineering

Online storage that easily integrates to other Google services

Google Drive is only one of services from Google portfolio. I am using this service since its beginning, and after years, it emerged as a robust file sharing environment, especially integrable to other google services, and from Android devices. It can also be used as a storage for other services, which is specially useful if you’re developing apps with Google SSO.

Pros

It is driven by the service. It is developed by the service needs. With presence of such number of Android devices, it is just meant to work with it natively. Service is also usable on other platforms, too, but is not as usable as natively on Android.

Cons

It is almost impossible to define access policy rights to whole user group. It is, however, possible to define access rights to each file, but it can be a boring job to do when you have enormous amount of files to share.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It is very integrable with Android platform. It works with others, too, and it is well supported. But when you’re using other Google services, and if you’re using Google SSO, it is very handy and simple to use.

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Best cloud storage for storing my work

Thanks to this application, i don't have to relied on my physical storage drive anymore as all my files can be easily accessible form the internet. All the experience that i have with this application for almost 5 years is very positive.

Pros

This software is the main application that i use for storing all work related document and files of mine. The main reason for it is, their security is one of the best compared to other application and the process to sharing and sending my files and document to my colleague is very easy and not confusing at all.

Cons

I don't like the versioning control of this cloud storage, as it won't update the document to the latest version, but saving it as a separate document. It will add confusion for me as it will take some time for me to search for the latest version of the document and error can be happen here.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive is more cheaper option to add more storage size to my account.

Zuhairah from Shopee

Cloud storage is easy with Google Drive

Cloud storing is a must have in this era, and this software has provide me with the best cloud storage that anyone can have. I am really glad to have use it.

Pros

Storing and managing all my files and media like photo, video document with this software is very effective as it has the search feature that can find back all my assets in the storage. Sharing my files with other user is very easy as it only need me to add that user email and give them access to the folder in my storage and they can access it anytime they want.

Cons

The only cons that i see in this software is, it do not has tools to add password to my file. I need to give access for the files that i want to share, and it will be impossible for it to have a public link with password protecting it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive work well with my smartphone and my tablet.

Sebastián from Homie

No storage limits

In general my experience has been very good. It is a program that I use daily and it has been a great work and personal companion that has helped me store all my ideas and projects in the simplest and safest way

Pros

What I love about this program is all the extra tools it has, from the possibility of editing the different document formats to linking with Google calendar and Classroom. All this allows the transfer and storage of documents in a more effective and secure way, since it also has a very good control of permissions and accesses, which in my case gives me the peace of mind of sharing important documents.

Cons

What I like the least is the customer service. On certain occasions I have had difficulty reporting and solving a problem, since the attention is mostly through FAQS and bots, it complicates the communication of concerns and doubts.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The ease of connection with the Gmail accounts that I manage.

Tom from Silver Bullet Lead Gen

Convenience Is Key

Pros

Fast to move information from one cpu or mac to another. Google drive includes a free suite of software compatible to Microsoft Office. For the average user, this is all they will need.

Cons

Sometimes it seems uploads take longer than they should. I've tried this on multiple platforms, so it's not just my Mac at the office.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Comparable and compatible. I'm familiar with Excell and the other Microsoft suite options, but that has a monthly fee attached to it. That is the reason that I'm out on that product. Drive works just fine and I can transfer or allow for easier access to simply just view a project to get some feedback.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Tired of paying for something that I rarely used. Plus there is a free option, Google Drive, that worked just fine for my puposes.

Serena from Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

An old friend forever

By the way, I've been using Google Drive since I got my first smartphone, and I wouldn't change it. I prefer working WITH MEGA at the same time, just because I feel confortable with it. Also, I remember I used Dropbox nearly 7 years ago, and I feel Google Drive really replaced it. It's been easier to use, organize and share, and give us a really confortable way to work in groups. Every Android has Google Drive downloaded, I mean, you can't just ignore it so, why not to use it?

Pros

I think is an easy way to save all our documents, and it's easy to organize. You can create folders into folders, change names, also colours (it makes me easy to move around all the stuff I've got on my Google Drive unit, and I think the most important, share with friends giving permission tu edit, comment or just watch. It's interesting how the app connects the submitting of an .doc or .xls (from Office) to Google's Docs apps, so you can open those documents there, online, editing (even with friends) and save again. Also, the capacity of Google Drive is not the best, but is not bad. 15 Gb are enough for working on many things, but if you need more space you can buy.

Cons

Although I never needed to pay for more space, many times I was forced to do a quick cleaning of my unit, specially because it shares the same memory for Google Photos, and I have my back-up on so my G-Photos is always working. I think that if Google would give us those two apps with independent system of capacity that would be more confortable. TIP: if you want to save money you can try MEGA, with their 50Gb for free. But I only recommend for documents you don't need to edit, just for saving and sharing.

Muhammad Zubair from Emaxis Online

Industry: Computer Hardware

Google Drive - Store and Collaborate with Ease

One of the best tools available for team collaboration. We don't have to worry about data loss, any thing we edit online is instantly saved in cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive is an efficient data storage portal by Google Inc., anyone can have a basic Google Drive by creating a Gmail email account. Google Drive comes with a sleek interface, which is easy to navigate through. Drive can be seen in "Grid View' by default, but you can also switch to 'List View' easily. The 'Activity' feature provides in depth details and history of actions performed by you on a file or folder, this feature helps you to keep track of activities performed on a file or folder either by you or anyone else having permission to access the data. Any file or folder can be shared with your team members or clients to work collaboratively. You can even share file links and send forms with to whomever you like to. The most intelligent feature of Google Drive is that it contains a whole bunch of productivity tools, few of them are Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms. These online productivity tools are free to use, just upload a file and start working on it. Be it a smartphone, Windows PC, or Apple MacOS, the Drive works efficiently across all platforms with no strings attached. simply, download Google Drive app or open the Drive in a browser, all you stored data is in front of you to work on. Sync your device's folders with Google Drive to automatically upload your data to into the drive with an active internet connection, you and your team members can easily access any uploaded data if permissions are given to them.

Cons

The storage capacity of Google Drive is shared with other online Google apps, all apps across Google's network consume Google Drive storage pool to store data, which requires further buying of premium Google services to get more storage. It requires an active internet connection to update Google Drive files and folders. Google actually analyzes your stored content for marketing purposes, and this applies to all across Google network. File downloading speed is very poor on Google Drive, downloading takes a lot of times, and sometimes download crashes and has to start over.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google Drive is simple and many of our clients use Gmail as their primary email, therefore it was our business's demand to keep up-to-date with our clients all the time.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We need a simple platform to perform tasks along with our team, so we decided to use Google Sheets for dynamic updates online. OneDrive has limited capacity, and requires paid subscription for productivity tools such as Office 365, but Google Drive provides it totally free.

Andy from Andy Sorenson Music, LLC

The best solution for remote collaboration!

It has been incredibly helpful in countless ways. We use it daily and our uses of it are always expanding. It keeps a large team of people on track no matter where they are and makes our work much easier and more fluid!

Pros

Google drive has proven to be the best platform for remote collaboration of all kinds. My company uses it to store and share files, work on documents in real time while everyone in a meeting can view and edit the document simultaneously, share files with clients securely, backup documents, schedule meetings and events, and so much more. All of it is in one place which everyone can access via their phone or mobile device. Such a great platform that makes remote work so much easier!

Cons

Sometimes the sharing can be a bit challenging to learn for people new to the platform. It requires security checkpoints (which is a great thing) but they can sometimes make it difficult for people to access things until you know how to assign the proper permissions to each file or folder.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We chose Google Drive because they offer more storage space for less many than many of the competitors and most people use a gmail account so it integrates seamlessly. People without gmail can still access any files shared with them as well.

Steve from Ellis Taylor Marketing

Best Of The Cloud Storage Services

Simple, easy, quick. Honestly that is huge for me. I own several companies and work with a lot of different people with different needs yet Im always having to share files and sometimes very large files for video editing and Drive has always come through for me.

Pros

- Ease of use - How well it integrates into Mac OS - How I can still create share links quickly and easily from my Mac - The cost of the service is great value

Cons

I find that when Im deleting files or moving files etc. it becomes complicated as to if they are really deleted or not. So I find myself running out of storage and not knowing why. This could absolutely be user error here and I haven't had this issue as much lately but it is annoying when it comes up. Another issue I have is how Google organizes everything in general. I run 3 different companies and have several clients I am constantly sharing files with and I don't like the way it mixes Google Docs and Google Sheets with Google Drive. It makes sense in theory but I wish there was a better way to keep it all organized. Maybe there is, again, could be user error.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Dropbox was just too expensive and annoying to use in my opinion. I was constantly getting hounded to upgrade my storage, I go so many notifications about changes to files (which can probably be turned off so take that with a grain of salt), and it was too expensive. I think Dropbox is a bit more polished in terms of the UI and overall look but Google Drive meets all my needs and is so quick and easy to use and on top of that its very easy to share with people who don't have it.

Mark from OKC GOOD Inc.

Best Cloud Storage for Nonprofit Client Video Collaboration

Drive solves my problem of video collaboration by saving me loads of time to send clients videos to review in a timely manner. Upload / Download speeds are great, and. I often tell my clients to get their own Google Drive as well, at least the free version, or paid if the need more space, totally worth it!

Pros

Google Drive has been critical to the success of my nonprofit. I produce videos for other nonprofits, and have to have a quick way to share video files with my clients for review. I use Google Drive storage daily and have tried other platforms by Drive is by far the simplest and most integrated cloud file storage I've found. What I like most is the affordable price for 130 GB, and how easy it is to manage and share files.

Cons

If anything can be improved, it would be some of the clicks it takes to adjust the "share-ability" of a file, it can be a tad cumbersome to get a link shared, but it's still smoother than others.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It's the best price, easiest to use, and most functional.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Dropbox was way too cumbersome for video files, and way too reliant on "syncing". I did not need what they were selling nearly as much as the simple framework of Drive.

Hiran from Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

A cloud space where the user can upload, store, view, edit and download the documents.

The great cloud space with storage solution with other functions like sharing and editing the file.

Pros

The user can create a folder and create a subfolder and upload the files. The user can sort the folder and file view based on name, last modified, last modified by me, last opened by me and storage used. The Google drive can sync with mobile and computers by installing a drive on a computer which helps in getting back up and syncing the files. The drive helps the sharing the file and folders with other google drive user by tagging them. The starred option helps the user in accessing the folders and files quickly and easy. The Google drive theme is available in dark mode and light mode. Cache size can be set by the user up to 1000 MB. The basic version of the drive is provided with 15 GB of space.

Cons

The upgrade of the drive for storage is pricey need to introduce a more flexible plan. The transition between the folder and tabs is a bit slow but smooth. Other google drive user can share and tag any other google drive user without their permission that is quit not professional.

Filestream for nonprofits is a must in a remote work environment

I love this product. I live in fear that Google will stop supporting it. It's so well integrated with Windows, and is free for nonprofits registered with Google. We keep ALL of our documents digitally for free through their service. It's truly amazing.

Pros

Filestream integrates perfectly with Windows Explorer. I LOVE that I can access files on my computer that are on the shared drive in the same way I would access a file in MyDocuments. It's 100% seamless. I have never in the 2 years that we've used this had an issue accessing anything.

Cons

You do need to be careful about deleting things from shared drives. It's very difficult to get back something once it has been deleted.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google's is fully free for nonprofits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It wasn't integrated with Windows Explorer, and the upload and not everything was easily accessible remotely. It would only partially upload files to the remote server.

Ruben Francisco from MLC Comunicação Visual

Practical and easy to use and manage.

Google Drive can help me to create my Thesis with the help of my colleagues and professor to develop and improve it. It's very intuitive and it helped and helps a lot with my docs, presentations and above all with my polls for my diverse researches.

Pros

Google Drive is an intuitive platform, it can be accessed every where if there is internet, it doesn't need to install any kind of application, and it can be accessed by anyone anywhere, a very useful aspect for those who usually vary from computer. Google Drive has the ability to edit multiple documents together. When creating a document, you can share it with other users and give them the ability to edit it. It can manage the versions of editing by them. It allows offline editing of documents. Google synchronizes the existing documents with the computer and when recovering the internet connection, it updates the editions that are stored in the cloud again.

Cons

Internet connection is required to take full advantage of all the features available on Google Drive. Without it little or nothing is done. It's confusing understand that the ability to edit multiple documents together comes to be a con, because the fact that other people edit your document can make them “own” it. What does this mean? That the less understood "owners" can delete something, even if accidentally...but this is a minimal disadvantage since version control allows you to find out who did it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because it is more intuitive and easy to learn and manage it.

Emma from Beaverdale Eye PC

Who needs Office honestly? Not me.

I have used Drive for years as a student, a creative and a business professional. Drive provides the best free experience out of every program I've ever tried. Over the years, Google has done an excellent job furnishing Drive with everything users need, updating and improving as necessary. Drive is consistently well made and easy to use, and I love that I can store my documents securely and access them offline if needed.

Pros

Drive offers multiple essential programs for businesses and students. Drive allows you to easily access and organize your materials. Drive is easy to use and understand and has many features that provide users with the best office/learning experience. Drive also provides users with free storage space and offline mode, which push it ahead of the competition in my opinion. Plus, everything is linked right to your Google account.

Cons

While Drive might not provide as in-depth an experience as Microsoft's programs, I find that I have never needed or missed whatever extra features Office provides.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Drive is free and provides me with everything I need to complete assignments, work on creative projects, and organize my materials. Having access to multiple programs within one suite without having to purchase software or download anything is so nice.

Colleen from CKern Illuminations

Industry: Writing and Editing

Drive - Underrated & Powerful

I've used multiple versions of Drive, from Personal Google Drive, G-Suite for my solo-prenuer business, Google Vault as a contractor, and Enterprise G-Suite with a Big-4 Accounting Firm. Within each business the seamless sharing of information and ability to update documents in real-time is priceless. With multiple people having different levels of access or editing rights, being able to see who updated a document last without opening the document is a huge time saver. To be able to store documents in the cloud and on your computer helps eliminate data loss because the information is being updated in real-time. Google Drive for Desktop allows you to work offline in case of internet outages.

Pros

My favorite features about Drive are its versatility and it syncs with my computer. The sync backup is a lifesaver for me. I can use Drive through Window Explorer and all of my files are stored automatically in the cloud. You can make your personal file system as robust or simple as you'd like. In Google Drive's app, I can quickly access a folder or file's details and most recent activity and create links to documents or share editing rights in seconds.

Cons

I wish there was a simpler way to file documents that have been shared with me. Currently, you have to create a shortcut to these files within your preferred folder location. The primary downside to that being the shortcut doesn't sync with your computer.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

OneDrive requires a subscription to Microsoft Office, while not a deal-breaker, is frustrating. I find load times with OneDrive slower. Dropbox is not as user-friendly. I prefer the seamless integration of Google Drive with Google Apps and its ability to play nice with other products.

Muhammad Hassan from HK SERVICES

Good Fit for Cloud Sharing but Some Features still lack.

Overall we had fine experience as we cannot find a universal software that can do all the tasks for us just like Google Drive but some pros and cons are always there which come up least.

Pros

I've been using Google Drive since I bought m first android smartphone and still I'm using it because of ease of use and sharing. All you need is a Gmail account that every android user has. Right now I'm using it full time for sharing files with clients as Freelancer, and It works well for less bulky files. 15GB Storage is enough for someone who want to share documents.

Cons

I know how close YouTube and Google are but still users cannot to upload Videos directly from Google Drive to YouTube and I don't know why this functionality doesn't catch their attention. Indeed it is a golden opportunity for developers to make such softwares. Downloading files in zip form isn't something cool because of end up wasting time as it keeps stopping again and again even if you use IDM. Uploading files to someone else's folder also takes up your drive space which is another poor functionality, and you can find that files in "My Drive" too. Storage space is limited to only 15 GB, extended storage is very expensive as compared to other cloud based storage. Uploading keeps restarting again and again when you network is a bit slow.

Christopher from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Google Drive - The Good The Bad

Overall, I use drive the most out of the various cloud solutions I have because of the price point and the ease of use. There are some glaringly frustrating features missing but all in all its a solid system

Pros

The close integration with the other Google products makes this a very beneficial product to have. If you're a Google One member then you have support all the time that is available though IM text, email, or over the phone. Drive also links into Gsuite so the company administrator has alot of control over the features available to Drive users - it bolsters the overall document security and information control. The file structure seems similar to what you would be used to from Windows explorer. You can nest file folders together to better organize your data. You have your overall menu tree available on the left side of the screen and you folder view in the center of your screen with an optional details view that gives you the intimate details of the file in question. The overall utility and ease of use is very good.

Cons

You can't click and drag from your PC to your browser and drop your file onto your google drive or if you can it is limited to certain browsers in certain conditions and it is not universal. This can be frustrating having to open up a selection screen and search through you PC to where you file is and then selecting them to upload. Sharing with people that do not have google accounts in theory is possible but time and time again I have shared a web link where anybody with the link should be abler to access the file and what happens is the users are unable to access it because they don't have a google account. Then if they sign in it prompts them for permission anyway It is not intuitive or easy to be able to share with anyone without a google account. The context menus can be a bit frustrating in having to manually select from the menu in order to move a file etc. Its simple but it still isn't as easy as just click and drag. Features you would think would be included are often supplied by 3rd party vendors and are not all that reliable or nice t look at. One such example is an audio player, or PDF viewer, or unzip. Then, depending on what service it is that you need you may have to buy the service form another non google vendor and they typically charge for subscriptions or some other frustrating way to handle it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

DropBox was because of the price point and the instability on my tablets and iCloud was no longer an option after moving to an android platform. The private cloud server was too much risk involved in maintenance and data loss so it wasn't an option considered long.

Nicholas from The Duomo Initiative

An essential

Overall the experience with Drive has been great. It's something we can't operate without - we use many other things, but nothing replaces Drive.

Pros

In a business, especially working remotely, it's essential to keep important work off staff members' local drives and somewhere that's accessible to everyone. Drive has fulfilled that need easily. We used to use Dropbox and Box for file storage, but being able to collaborate on documents etc. makes Drive the better option.

Cons

Customer service have been pretty useless with some issues we had in the past. I spent hours on live chat with them to fix and issue, only for the same issue to happen again a couple of weeks later and to have to go through customer service again. They would ask the same question over and over again in one chat - infuriating.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

The option to collaborate rather than just save files.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The option to collaborate rather than just save files.

Alastair from Neversleep Games

Industry: Computer Games

Very good value cloud storage and document collab tools, doubles as version control

The benefits of Google Drive vastly outweigh any of its issues - it has made my work a lot easier and stress-free since I can store important files in a secure cloud location. It has more expensive tiers but relative to the amount of storage you get, I think the pricing is very good and you may struggle to find a better value solution.

Pros

There are several things I like most about Google Drive: 1. It's not very expensive and you get a lot of good value in return for a very small monthly fee. I pay £1.59 a month in return for 100 GB of cloud storage space, which is one of the cheapest options I've found when looking for similar software. 2. Because it's part of the Google suite, it combines its handy collab tools (such as Google Docs and Sheets) with Drive and makes file history and change tracking very easy. It also tells you which users have access, or have modified files which while useful, is not needed for me. 3. For solo developers, Drive can double as a basic form of version control, by using Google's Backup and Sync, which sync changes on your local drive to your Google Drive. Though not as indepth as regular version control systems and probably not a good choice for projects with multiple developers, it's perfect for solo developers.

Cons

For certain filetypes (particularly when transferring files from MacBook's to PC's), the metadata can be lost when uploading from a Mac, then downloading to a PC. This is only generally an issue for files made with Mac OS specific programs. At times, performance and network can be slow when uploading/downloading to the Drive. Also, while it's perfect for cloud storage, I would not recommend this as a source control solution for the reasons above, unless you are working on a solo project.

Harrison from UZURV

We use Google Drive every day for Team Collaboration

Couldn't do my job without it! I love the team collaboration of all working on a joint document together, writing notes and comments and assigning tasks to each other in google docs or google sheets.

Pros

In case you're new to google drive, it's similar to storage clouds in that you can store most of your working documents in progress, and a great way to go paperless. The file cabinet in your office can truly go the way of the buffalo the more you use Drive. We keep all our joint word docs, spreadsheets, slideshows, company photos and other media on the drive. We share access to folders for joint collaboration. I can review my team updating our spreadsheets with their progress in real time, and go into the history to see which changes happened when.

Cons

It has improved alot, but it used to be a little less organized than it is now. Also, the storage space isn't enough to host large movie files if you are a media editor. I know that google does this so you'll purchase more space - I get it. But there aren't too many cons - it's easy to find your documents with the search bar.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Faster and More Collaborative - we all use macs so it's easier, especially with google chrome.

Sasha from CodeWithMe

Perfect, especially in this virtual environment!

I love google drive. It is a seamless team collaboration tool, and my documents always feel secure!

Pros

I love the convenience of all the Google tools under one account! The collaboration makes it absolutely seamless to continue group projects during Covid19 quarantine!

Cons

I wish it was much easier to add google docs to a drive folder...I have found myself having to explain to others in my teams how to do it because it is not a very intuitive button for this action! Would love a change there!

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose it because my gmail account attaches to it!

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I love the way Google drive is attached to my gmail account!

Tiphaine from Online Media

Industry: Online Media

A must-have tool for collaborative work !

Google drive is relatively easy to use and offers good value for money.

Pros

The tool is free and does not require installation. You also don't need to have a Google account to view shared documents. 3 users can work on the same document at the same time. All changes are saved automatically and everyone can see the contributions of other users in real time. the tool can be used on all types of media without having to install an app, even on different brands of smartphones. Its intelligent search system allows Google Drive to scan the documents to find what you are looking for, even pdf files. This optical character recognition system also applies to photos.

Cons

Some functionalities are limited. For instance, images to be integrated into Google docs must be less than 2 MB in size. In spreadsheets, only 256 columns, 400,000 cells and 200 sheets can be shared.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

One drive limits the storage capacity in the free version. Synchronization or document sharing are options that can only be accessed with an Internet connection. It is therefore not possible to carry out these operations, for example to store data offline.

Daniel from Self-employed

Google Drive as an easy-fast access to files!

With Drive, I save time, cause I'm able to get to my files anytime and anywhere even when using it offline. I can share my content rapidly with my contacts and business partners located on-site or overseas. I'm able to edit my files on different devices using all sorts of office editors, so it's a mobile software I can carry with me in my bag or in my pocket, it's very useful. I have not had any big issues using it for my business, personal, or class purposes.

Pros

Drive has been a no cost innovative tool that has helped me to not depend only on pen drives to have rapid access to my files. Its features are useful and effective by providing me large storage space (15GB) to keep my files of any kind (videos, PDFs, presentations, office, photos, etc.) safe, available, and cloud synced anywhere and anytime along my day, either through my laptop, smartphone and tablets cause the interface is clean and practicle. Through Drive I'm able to create folds to properly allocate my files according to each subject and also edit them by using a diverse range of text editing tools indicate by the software itself. The files can be share using a custom and are protected as Drive uses the same SSL encryption standard on both Gmail and other devices. I use Drive to help me out when running video call meeting through different online tools by accessing my content on real time. It is easily integrated to other business serving as a dynamic and flexible support storage.

Cons

I would say that at the first time experience it might take a while to get familiar with the variety of features if you are not used to cloudy storage tools, but it is not a big challenge and I would recommend a full tutorial to be created by the developers. The share of files through customized links doesn't come with a password, so whoever gets access to it will be able to read its content and it can be dangerous to your personal info, adding an extra layer of protection is clearly needed. Files are synced through different devices once you're connected to an internet service, the technology of Bluetooth could be adapted to make it possible too. What is stored on Drive can be browsed by Google due to the tailoring of ads to provide products, it's an alert to avoid storing sensitive content.

Mireia from Freelancer

Google Drive

As I mentioned, Google Drive is a good tool to use when it's about documents and contacting/working with people online and at a distance, but at the same time I feel like it would help people more if we could have access to more space to use or a tool to get rid of space in an easier way.

Pros

It's one of the softwares I use the most on sharing big documents or even storing them for use in a near future. I have been using it since High School to send projects to teachers or work collaboratively with other people on one same document.

Cons

I don't like how fast the space runs out. Between Gmail, Drive, Documents and others, the space you have with a free trial (which is what most people can afford) is basically nothing, I once tried to delete everything I had in my email account and it still said I had over 16GB of use, when in truth, I only had at least two documents weighing both less than 3 GB.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I didn't make a complete switch, but now I use both programs since Wetransfer works faster, and doesn't fill up the Drive space, at transferring documents of 2GB or less to other accounts.

Valerie from Awesome Website Guys

Google Drive Is a Project Manager's Best Friend

I have used Google Drive for several years, and it's my go-to choice for creating, editing, storing, and organizing all types of content, from my work and personal life. You no longer need to rely on purchasing an expensive Microsoft Office software package as Google Drive takes care of all of your office needs beautifully. A big thumbs up from me!

Pros

I love the ability to have a central location to find everything I need. This includes everything from Google Docs and Slides to Google Sheets, all in one easy location. I love the real time collaboration that allows me to easily edit, update, and revise content during meetings with my co-workers and clients. The amount of free storage offered is also appreciated as it keeps this software extremely affordable for remote workers.

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I didn't like, to be honest. This is a workhorse software for organizing content and working in real time with others.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

When my Microsoft Office license key expired while I was still in college, I needed an affordable alternative. Google Drive was the quick solution and I love it so much I will probably never buy Office again. At work, I use Google Drive on a daily basis to keep my work content organized and easy to share for clients and co-workers. It's a project manager's best friend!

Viktoria from TTB

One of the best cloud storage solutions

We used it to organize our comics and files related to our office. It helped us keep all the files generated daily neatly organized and accessible to everyone who needs to see them.

Pros

I liked the clean UI and the ease of organizing my files. It was a breeze to share my files with anyone in the office.

Cons

The search function could be improved with more options, sometimes it was rather hard to find files when the shared folder grew too big.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Because of its clean user interface and because it is Google and easily accessed from our google accounts and google browser.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

We branched off from the main company and decided to switch to Drive instead for ease of use.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

One of the better storage options

We use Google Drive as part of the G-Suite software package. It is a great platform for storing and archiving documents and files that need to be accessed at alternative times. It also is a great way for you to access the range of Google programs such as documents, sheets, and forms from anywhere at anytime. Where Google Drive becomes a bit of a burden is when using it with programs outside of Googles Ecosystem. It is difficult to access other file and word processing documents as they need to be downloaded so while you can access Googles range of software from platforms such as your phone, in order to access a file such as a word document you would need to either be able to download that file directly to your mobile device or to your PC.

Pros

Google Drive joins Google's Eco-System and works great in conjunction to the other applications that Google offers. The program offers great storage capacity for the price and it's ease of use is simplistic and intuitive. Google's suite of software is able to open directly within the storage page of the website as it is all web based allowing you to not only view applications such as documents and sheets but also edit them directly within the storage drive itself. Google Drive can both be accessed directly via the web or it can be made to be a direct drive on your computer which then syncs files from your PC/Mac to the online drive.

Cons

An area where Google Drive struggles is with other applications that are not part of the Google eco-system. In order to access other programs such as Microsoft office applications the files need to be directly downloaded from the drive and opened or accessed via the direct drive on your PC or Mac. Also when printing word based applications that are not part of the eco-system they require you to download the file else the print job may not come out directly as viewed.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We utilize the Google Ecosystem for work which dropbox while allowing for other documents to be uploaded did not have as wide a range of programs available that G-Suite offers.

RAJEEV from GAIL India Ltd

Industry: Oil & Energy

Why Google drive is best?

Personally I have a great experience with the drive. I'm using this for long time for storage and to secure my data and to transfer my data. Sometimes it helped me to restore my lost contacts and various files. No matter how many apps are there for the storage, nothing can beat Google drive. So from my side it is highly recommended app to use. One must utilise the benefit given by Google which is absolutely free of cost. Easy and robust use. Perfectly secured and trustable.

Pros

First thing and most likable is its simplicity. This is much easy to use. Even a beginner with no knowledge can use this software easily. The storage capacity is its another edge of advantage. You can buy premium if you need more storage. But for domestic use the storage is sufficient which is totally free of cost. Thanks Google. Also the privacy which is main concern in today's scenario is very good. You can trust this software blindly. There is no matter of your data breach like other apps. Easy handling and less space covering tools are there. Easy to make an account and backup your data there. This is best to recover your lost data. It will keep your data safe so that you don't need to worry.

Cons

Nothing much is its cons. Only thing is the cost of premium storage facilities which is little bit high. But overall compared to others it is good. Second thing is it will automatically backup your data but when automatically backup is switched off the data can be backed and you can lost your data if there is any virus in your phone. But overall these are minor defects which can be countered and can be neglected. The best past is its absolutely fine product and free of cost by Google.

James from Full Moon Home Services

The Drive to Save Me From Losing My Past

I actually love it. My files remain intact and complete, even from my first upload. The quality is unchanged and therefore appreciated. To this day I can easily find and use files ten years old, without compromise. I've never had a corruption issue or bad experience with Google Drive. Stable, clearly presented and free, I wholeheartedly recommend this software.

Pros

I love that Drive always backs up the pics and vids that I would forget to save. It works in the background, it lets me choose the quality (and therefore the space used in the cloud) of everything I upload, it's reliable and easy to use. I can retrieve files quickly and without confusion. It also gives me quite a bit of free storage and offers relatively inexpensive options to expand if I choose.

Cons

The offline component is lacking. I can choose to make files readable offline but one-at-a-time. This gets tedious, sometimes annoying. The fact that I can't even preview my files while not online is absurd. Thumbnails are small in size, I should at least be able to see something that identifies my files, not just white icons adorned with incomprehensible text.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Cost, ease of use, stability, and features. Google Drive has been there for me through many broken, lost, or stolen phones (and free). All I need to do is open it in my new phone and there sits my previous life in pictures, documents and video. They've treated my stuff with care and I've been impressed at the level of expertise in almost all functions of the software. Others may have more bells and whistles but bells are irritating and I hate whistles. Drive gives me exactly what I want, and I'm good with that.

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Google Drive is a robust cloud-storage solution with many features, but a few glaring issues

Overall, I've found Google Drive to be a very simple and useful product that helps my organization stay organized and our files accessible via cloud storage.

Pros

Google Drive offers a simple yet powerful suite of features for managing your online cloud storage needs. Paired with paid tools like Google Workspace (giving access to things such as Shared Drives, unlimited storage, etc), and free tools like Google Docs & Sheets, it is a very useful tool that facilitates my companies storage needs, while also giving powerful admin tools (via Google Workspaces). However, if you take the Google Workspace tools and other Google software out of the equation, it becomes a simple online storage solution; offering simple ways to organize files into folders that can then be shared with collaborators as needed. But paired with Google's suite of tools, it becomes a powerful tool for any business with collaborative & cloud storage needs. As the admin of this software at my organization however, I am extremely impressed with it's overall simplicity - to the point that almost anyone can figure out & understand how it works, with little to no tech support. That paired with the security tools offered by Google Workspaces, and Google Drive becomes an easy-to-use, secure method of handling a companies files.

Cons

Google Drive, while simple to use, lacks some of the simplicity you can find in the file managers of platforms such as Windows or Mac OS, namely in making it overly difficult to move files. Whereas in Mac, you can drag a file over a folder and then have the folder open (so it's easy to place a file in a subfolder or find the right place to put it) and in Windows, you can just open a second window with the new folder and click and drag; Google Drive does not offer these features at all - instead forcing you to either find the folder on the sidebar (annoying if it's many folders down) or use their "Move To" tool - which works, but is not convenient. Simply opening two Google Drive windows and clicking and dragging won't work. On top of that, Google Drive offers little to nothing in the way of analytics on shared files; so if you share a link to a file or folder, or make it publicly accessible, there is no way to know how many people have actually accessed the file. While this can be navigated using a website or a URL redirect, it still is a simple feature I wish would be implemented into Drive.

Rashid from Decisive Analytical Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Most Versatile product

Its a good Business SaaS product, very easy to handle, like documents, images or pdfs in terms of editing. it is like having your office in your palm.

Pros

controlled way of sharing & accessing files/Documents over internet is made very easy is available to any web / mobile users.

Cons

Activity Rule based action on blocking /sharing data is not set Copy /duplicate a document with image is still an issue, the image goes missing in the duplicated document. There may be few glitches which Google would provide an update to resolve.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Is More versatile on editing features and is not MS centric

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Many users were familiar on G-suite tools

Christopher from Hith Sales Agency

Industry: Wholesale

Everything I need is here

Pros

I only recently started using Google Drive (about 9 months ago) and couldn't be happier with where I'm at now with organization and storage of my most used and important files. After about 3 months of using Google Docs and Sheets I decided to completely abandon Microsoft Office and transferred all my files over here. The ease of use and storage capabilities within Google drive are what are what I like best. Having everything in one place with super easy access from both my mac os as well as ios has made my life 1000 times better. And not having to worry about saving my work every two minutes is also key. I primarily use this Google Drive with one colleague and the collaboration feature has optimized our production immensely. I've yet to even dig into all of the other apps within the drive and am excited to see what else I can start implementing into our business.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative about Google Drive. The only thing negative for me was when I first started using it I wasn't aware that you were able to work offline. That was actually what finally sold me on Google Drive and to move forward with using it as my main staple program.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

The Best Cloud Storage Solution for Business and Personal use

It helped me to save time and money and I really don't need to worry about my files getting lost if my PC/laptop broke or something bad happened also, I really don't need to get big storage hard disk to store my files. for me, Google Drive Is the perfect solution for everyone especially for small businesses because It's very easy to use and a time and money saver. I hope Google will keep the good work and I hope they will add more features in the future.

Pros

I like it because It's free and very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface. I can access all my files, pics, videos...etc from anywhere and I can use my phone or my PC/laptop to access them. I like The offline access option because it's allowing me to access all my files without the need to have an internet connection. I can store any files from Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and I can access and edit them without any problem. The best thing is I don't need to have a large capacity hard disk because I can now store all my important files in the cloud using Google Drive and I don't need to worry about losing them because everything is safe and secure on Google Servers. I really love the security system and the encryption file transfer google offered in Google Drive and I really feel safe and I don't need to panic about my files or my account getting hacked. It helped me to stay organized and helped me to manage my files, pics, videos and I like how I can control who has access to my files while running my business. I can install the Backup and Sync tool to automate the file saving and if I make any changes the tool will automatically Sync everything in Google Drive. Google Support is great and they are available 24/7 and they have a lot of resources and videos about google drive and I learned a lot from their blog articles too.

Cons

They can add passwords or any sort of protection when sharing a link. They can improve the Uploading speed because sometimes it's very slow especially when uploading big files to your Drive account.

Elia from Remitly Nicaragua SA

Using Drive as a Collaboration Tool

Nowadays keeping the files up to date and making sure that all the team has the information required is crucial for the proper development of several tasks in every kind of environment. Working remotely has make this requirement more crucial than ever, having files stored in Drive with the lots of policies allowed through G Suite admin has made it really easy to ensure that the correct people is getting what is needed and at the correct timing.

Pros

Google Drive has come to be part of my daily tasks, with a wide variety of online tools out there, Google Drive is a critical part when it comes to having all your files in a secure and nice looking place. It makes is easy to see the most up to date file when you are working along with several members in a single file. In the case you need to be sure that the files are kept secure, it comes with a sort of options that allows you to choose if the members in your organization can or can not shared files with external accounts, but that's not all, if you need to allow some users this option, you can still make it more granular and block the access for some, but allow it for others. Additionally, you can choose if the files can be seen only or if the other parties collaborating may or may not share to more users. Besides, you do not have to be on top of saving your advances.

Cons

I've used this Google tool for long ago, I use it so much that I think it would be harder to continue working even in personal projects without having the files stored there, I feel that it makes life easier since it helps expedite the processing of every file you store in it. Additionally it keeps then secure enough.

Lindsey from Amp Strategy

Easy Solution for Small Team Storage

Overall, it's a great solution for our team because we are small. We're able to easily store items in individual client folders, and can pretty easily transfer items from one folder to another when needed. We often share items with clients for editing or approvals, and Drive allows us to do that well. In bigger organizations, it wouldn't be the best solution if you use formats outside of Google AND need team members to all have access at the same time. For example, in SharePoint, you can "check out" items to alert others you are editing, whereas in Drive you have no idea.

Pros

The primary features we love are: ease of creating folders, sharing links with critical contributors outside our organization, speed of adding and removing documents/attachments, and the feature of seeing all contributor comments which is super helpful with editing and copywriting.

Cons

It gets frustrating to have to download xlsx or word docs in order to edit, and then have to remember to upload them again to ensure the most recent version is stored. Although we create docs/sheets within Google as much as possible to avoid that, trying to convert an xlsx to a Sheet is not a seamless process (formulas don't translate over); therefore, we have several xlsx sheets we have to maintain as Excel that we cannot be in and edit at the same time. Additionally, we've had a few issues here and there with trying to transfer storage of a document from one account to another within the same GSuite.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Price and ease of use/access

Ali from Depop

Google Drive Has Made Work Life Easy

My overall experience has been what I would like to consider immaculate. So simple and easy to use and it always amazes me how much it is improved upon after all these years. Its free, easy, useful, helpful, progressive, and all sorts of other good things. I am a huge fan of Drive and hope to be for several more years.

Pros

What I like most about Google Drive is the ease of access. It has allowed me to store large files of which a lot of other services are unable to provide. That is one of the main reasons why I like to consider the product superior in contrast to its competitors. Google as a company never ceases to fail me with the level of ease it requires to use their products and services. On top of it all, they are still continuing to improve their products and services.

Cons

What i like least about Google Drive is probably how there is no dark mode. I really want a dark mode because of how much less strain it would cause on my eyes. I have poor vision, and when it comes to light mode I have a hard time navigating things. If there is a dark mode, i would at least like to know where to navigate it because I am unable to find it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It was so difficult to navigate dropbox to the point where it began to be problematic for me. I like to be fast and efficient, but dropbox was unable to fulfill this need. When I switched over to Google Drive, I was able to accomplish work at a much faster rate and it turned out a lot better.

Liezl from Karmic Collective

My lifeline

I am grateful such a thing as Google drive exists in the world! I can access all my stuff, instantly, from anywhere. I can open documents, share client files, and access personal photos quickly and easily. Its safe, and easily accessible. I can sync as it suits (usually after hours). Its even really cool that I can segregate client access and folders from each other to maintain privacy. It is REALLY easy to use. I love that its exactly the same as internet explorer. And it has fairly secure and robust structure. I changed countries, and my data was safe, and accessible.

Pros

I have a lot of data. Official, work related, and just for information. Being in IT I was aware of security, and how drives can fail after a certain amount of uses. I have spent YEARS copying important photographs and documents from one drive to another, manually updating synchronizing my data storage. It all had to be done piecemeal, with excessive attention to detail so I didn't duplicate or store excess data. And of course, carefully in small bits so as not to corrupt the copy. With Google drive its all done for me!!! I set it up once, and spend let it it run overnight to synchronise. I use it for my work and personal life. I can access work documents from anywhere - my mobile, laptop, or even internet cafe. I can share client documents easily (and globally) without having to drop off flash drives. I moved countries, and felt confident if my drive fell in the ocean my data was safe. its fast, easy, secure and safe. I am the happiest data collector person in the world!

Cons

its quite a hefty annual fee to setup! Once a year I spent a few moments wondering whether to continue my subs, then think of the hours of manual copy, share and backup ... and pay it. Spending the rest of the year happy with my purchase and knowing its secure, backed up and accessible. So its truly worth it, and most definitely comparable to others, but not the most cost effective.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Space saving, wont fail, is easily accessible from anywhere, and any device. I can share big files with clients, and set up syncs to backup the data. I dont need to keep moving the data, backing it up, and duplicating it. It has save me countless hours (probably years by now) of time sorting data.

Jennifer from HRSS

Industry: Security and Investigations

Google Drive has been a lifesaver more than once!

My overall experience has been positive with Google Drive in the workplace and at home.

Pros

I use Google Drive for both professional and personal uses. My favorite feature is that I can download the app and access my Google Drive on my phone! I back up everything to my Google Drive so that I have it anytime. If I have a computer failure, internet down (but can still access cell phone), anytime - at my fingertips. This is a great tool in the workplace to share with remote employees, share site with customers, etc. I love Google Drive and even purchased a Google Pixel cell phone because it works so well with Google Drive!

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't love about Google Drive. If I had to pick something, I would not be able to.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Not applicable.I was using Google Drive for my personal needs so I already knew how it worked.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

iCloud wasn't reliable, in my opinion. I never felt like my info was secure and it was cumbersome to access once I switched from an iPhone to a Pixel. However, Google Drive can be accessed from any device with ease.

Google Drive retired my pendriver and memory cards

Pros

Google Drive makes all the difference in my professional and personal career with my team. A prominent feature in the new service is the search for files, which is done in the entire content of the file, using keywords and filters, such as, for example, file type and creator user. The service also promises to recognize objects within your scanned images and texts, providing data about your documents. In addition to the powerful search, Google Drive has a tool for viewing files, which displays more than 30 types of files in the user's browser. The files range from high definition videos to Adobe Photoshop files, to text documents, spreadsheets and presentations.

Cons

The Google Drive service integrates version control for stored files. All changes made to the files are recorded and saved automatically for 30 days. If the user wishes, it is possible to choose a version to save forever. Thus, users can have control of what was done in their files, knowing what was changed, when and by whom. Version control for all files (Photo: Reproduction / Disclosure) Version control for all files.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

I chose Driver because I'm already used to using google products on my Android.

Aki from Givaudan

Industry: Chemicals

Encouraging Collaboration Using Google Drive

The collaboration within the company has increased a lot with the use of Google Drive. People now realized than they can work together within the same folder and file and ensured that they are working on only one version for everyone. Although there are people still using the normal file attachment to email, we are slowly getting there.

Pros

There are a few things I like about Google Drive 1. The MyDrive and Shared Drive which can split personal folders vs team folders. 2. I like the simplicity of use. All I need is a browser. 3. I like the Drive File Stream which can be installed to navigate your files using Windows Explorer 4. I like the unlimited storage (at least for corporate). 5. I like the different access control 6. I like the built-in apps (Docs, Sheet, Form, Slides, etc) 7. I like the audit trail like the history of who and what was changed 8. I like the collaborative feature that makes a team work on a single folder 9. I like the mobile availability as they have native apps both for iOS and Android 10. I like the "link" attachment and the capability to update files on the fly

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the offline availability. The Docs, Sheets, Slides, and native app for Drive is not so accessible when you don't have the internet, although some files are, like Word, Excel, PDF, images. This is not a big deal because the place where I am at right now, we got internet connection almost 24x7.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Since the company is using the integrated solution of Google (mail, etc), we then opted for Drive.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 22,762 reviews