(4,811)

4,811

(2,662)

2,662

• Pros

• "It is so easy to set up and it does everything itself after that, I love it."

• "Easy to install and to use. Love the ability to save and open somewhere else."

• "I really like this app is really easy to use I will highly recommended"

• Cons

• "OneDrive is a great product, but lacks some of the features of Google Drive which is a competing cloud storage service. "

• "OneDrive works very well, but I would say that the one con is the fact that it sometimes gives you too much data from the server, and it can take up a lot of your local drive space."

• "Interface is a little clunky, but it is functional."

Browse OneDrive Reviews

Max from SparkCognition

You probably already are paying for Office 365, so might as well take advantage of OneDrive

Our business, like most businesses I image, relay on MS Office products for day to day work. This OneDrive product comes with those products that are already being used in Office365. There really is no downside to not using this product if you already have Office365. It is easy to use like Dropbox and easy to share files with others in your organization.

Pros

This product comes free with a large 1TB of storage with Office 365 that every business uses anyways. Even if you have GSuite, chances are that you are also paying for MS Office. GSuite's Google Drive has a unique and frustrating (for new users or long time Windows users) method for syncing files. OneDrive's storage method is more inline with the user friendly DropBox. You can also edit Office files and OneNote inside OneDrive.

Cons

The client for Mac needs a special type of drive format. You need to have the drive formatted in a case sensitive format for the client to work. This can sometimes require IT to setup a separate partition on user's mac just for OneDrive to sync.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive came with Office 365 products that we were already using as well as more storage than any competitor at a similar price.

Shayna from Williamsburg James City County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Powerful Storage Allows for Collaboration and Organization

OneDrive is just powerful and convenient. There is no hassle when trying to save large files, sync multiple devices, locate files through search, or when sharing and collaborating with colleagues who need access. It's a lifesaver, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is how it integrates with all of the other Microsoft products that we use on a daily basis. I don't have to take extra steps when saving, sorting, or sharing files. I can easily save a file on OneDrive, invite others to read or edit the file, copy or relocate it to another area, view, sync, and access everything I need no matter where I am traveling or teaching. We previously used a more clunky storage platform, and OneDrive is far more intuitive. Once you've learned the basic steps, everything else falls into place.

Cons

The only real con to OneDrive is that it honestly has so many features that I'm sure I'm not using them all. I should probably take a class and extend my understanding of what it is capable of so I could better integrate it with my work in other Microsoft programs. However, it meets and exceeds all of my current needs, so it's a very mild criticism.

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

Good integration but an average product with ups and downs

Losing some of my work and Microsoft changing their minds about the features of OneDrive (downgrading basically) and the slower speed made me change to other services. The first thing I do when I reinstall a machine is to turn it off and save the resources, which ~ 2 years ago were insanely high for what it had to do. OneDrive is basically bothering me when I am using Windows 10 as the OS pesters you to use it to the point where I struggle to turn it off and to keep it that way. I was quite surprised to see it getting activated every now and then after some major operating system updates.

Pros

I found that nowadays (as of May 2020), OneDrive has great integration with the Windows ecosystem and their other services such as outlook.com. A short while ago it always seemed like the integrations were in some sort of beta, sometimes working, sometimes not. Unfortunately I do not have any more pros for this as the competition does as good as a job as OneDrive, there really isn't much OneDrive stands out apart from the integration.

Cons

The biggest issue I encountered with OneDrive happened a few years ago, so I don't know if it's still relevant, however I feel that I should mention it because it was a turning point for me in switching from OneDrive to Dropbox and Google Drive. This also showed how vulnerable a cloud service is. I had files syncing in the sync folder and it was taking forever for some reason. I swapped to another device and found the file I needed there, so I figured it was synced, but I did not check the date of modification. I opened it up, started working on something else than before and saved it. Moved to my initial device and I was greeted with an error stating the path of the file is too long to sync. When I opened the file I worked on with my other device I noticed it did not sync, I worked on an old version which now overwrote the syncing version, basically I lost 2 days worth of work by not waiting and checking for the sync to finish. The sync was not finishing due to an error, which appeared only after I modified the file. What the hell?!? Another problem was that initially Microsoft advertised OneDrive as having unlimited storage for the basic subscription, but after a few months they changed their mind, not cool at all. Currently, one of the biggest problems I still have with OneDrive when I scarecly use it is that it's overall slower than the competition such as Google Drive or Dropbox, both in transferring files as well as syncing from the folder.

Daniel from UCIMED

The Best Cloud Service

Excelente. Like i said i use it daily, integrated into my MicrosoftTEAMS, CANVA, VISME, internally at the university. All the information stored in a single easy space.

Pros

OneDrive is the easiest most organized app for storing your information on the cloud. The biggest advantage that ive seen comes with the ability to sinc all your information in every device that you have it installed. I have it in my cellphone, computer and tablet (all of them android/ mmicrosoft) and i can organize all my information seemlessly. Another great advantage comes with the newlly MicrosoftTEAMS. All of the info can be stored with one drive, or you can easilly upload files that are on your onedrive into your teamwork. Inside you can manage the files into folder, give them color, and reorganize everything according to your needs. People compareit with dropbox, but onedrive gives you more free space at the start and its easier to use.

Cons

Works best with microsoft/ android devices. I have friends with IOS that prefer to use the cloud integrated with Apple.

Pamela from Lyra Sekmet Productions Inc

Works for me!

I've used it for years on a daily basis to make sure I have backups of crucial docs and can access them from all my computers. Yeah!

Pros

It was easy to sync my important files across my desktop and laptop which is exactly what I wanted!

Cons

You have to have everything you want backed up in the onedrive folder - backing up other files that aren't on the desktop or documents or pictures are a little harder to backup. You have to work around it.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It was easier to use and cheaper even though it also came with the Microsoft Suite of software. Great deal.

Christopher from Prodigy Talent Agency

Almost Easier than Google Drive

Love it for saving files for me, love the "auto back up" so that I do not have to worry about the file on computer being at risk of loss from any damage to the laptop.

Pros

I have my PC set to upload immediately everything to One Drive. I never even realize when I am just uploading to the One Drive for any file from my laptop. Makes saving Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. So much easier.

Cons

Not very easy to get back to your files when not on your primary computer as in being out someplace, just jumping on "someone's computer" to "get them a file" Also I have not found it as easy to share files between people as I do on Google Drive. Not as easy to create a link for others to get your files, not as easy to collaborate on files with others.

Jason from Charles County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Does it's job fine.

I came from a school district that used Google and went to a county the uses Microsoft. While it is annoying to move all of your files from one system to another, I wouldn't have minded if I liked OneDrive as much. Microsoft365 is fine and usually does what it needs to do, but it usually falls slightly short of Google Suite in most ways (user-friendliness, layout/format, support, etc.).

Pros

OneDrive allows you to store all of your files in folders so that you can access them anywhere. OneDrive is the storage part of Office 365 and is connected to the online versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and all of the other members of Microsoft Suite. Once something is put on OneDrive, it is accessible from any device that's connected to the internet.

Cons

I find the formatting a little more clunky than Google Drive and sharing with friends/colleagues is not as easy as it is on Google Drive. I prefer Google Drive's layout, but both of them do very similar things. Also, Office365 also has OneNote, SharePoint, Teams, Notebook, and Sway, which are also basically Drives. If you save something in OneNote, I don't think it's also in OneDrive, so sometimes it's hard to find where you put your file. With Google, there is only one place that something can be.

Masa from Three Tree Tea Company

The cloud without having to worry about it disappearing one day.

Pros

1. As the name suggests, this one is all you need for the cloud. 1TB storage is big enough. 2. The cloud without having to worry about it disappearing one day. 3. You can edit files and play music without downloading. 4. Economical. (It comes with Office 365) 5. If you delete it by mistake, you can undo it again.

Cons

1. Sometimes the uploads falter. Downloading is not a problem by comparison. 2. I can't continue from what I haven't been able to do when the upload fails.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It is incomparably cheaper than others when all the scores for office 365 are taken into account.

Preeya from Gholkar's Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

OneDrive review 4/21/20

Rather than emailing files back and forth, we keep commonly shared files on OneDrive and are able to quickly and easily update them there and share. It's been incredibly helpful for our team.

Pros

With Microsoft Windows, OneDrive is built into the software, so it's the easiest way for teams and groups to share files.

Cons

Although it is clearly NOT supposed to do this, OneDrive regularly duplicates files when 2 users are in a file at the same time. I have not been able to figure out why this is happening.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It was already built into OneDrive and tied to the OS.

Sizzly from Childbirth Options, LLC

Amazing online storage

Its an amazing storage to save documents and pictures

Pros

I love that I could save documents in any device and they sync to any device. I can use a lot of different third party to send the records.

Cons

so far nothing is wrong with the software everything is syncing great and saving amazing. I love the product

OneDrive for university student

Overall the application is quite useful and I recommend any one who need ICloud facility on Windows,Try on Microsoft OneDrive.It will serve you very well as ICloud on Apple computers.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service which provided by Microsoft to any user who has Microsoft email account.As a ICloud for Mac,I was needed a cloud storage to my Windows PC.I was needed a cloud storage which can automatically upload my studding documents to a cloud storage and giving the accessibility to my documents by from any device which I use.Because I can not carry my desktop computer any ware and every studding notes or lecture slides which I put it on my laptop must need to be in my desktop when I come home.For a apple Mac user no need to have this problem because they have ICloud and anything you put on MacBook it will be on your Mac computer in home.As a Windows user for this problem I could able to find a solution which is OneDrive.It automatically backups my documents on any windows computer which I logged on my windows email to my cloud storage and there for I am able to access my study notes and lecture slide from my any computer.It is very helpful to me and OneDrive is the one of my favorite software which installed on my every windows computer.

Cons

I like OneDrive so much because its service is speechless as a windows user.But my main cloud storage is Google Drive because it supply me much more services than OneDrive.The all services which provided by Google like Gmail, GoogleDocs are interconnected with my GoogleDrive there for it is much easier and useful to use as my main cloud storage.I do not use other services which provide by windows therefor I has no need to use OneDrive as my main cloud storage.The reason which I do not use the services provide by windows because those services are not very familiar with others and lot of other people does not use windows providing services.Lot of peoples are using Google providing services so it much easier to use those.I hope those services provide by windows will get familiar with others and after that I do not need to use two cloud storage and definitely I choose Microsoft OneDrive.

Steven from Davidson Academy

OneDrive in an K-12 Education

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been excellent. Integration with Office 365 and within Windows 10 makes it an easy and effective application to use.

Pros

As part of Office 365, OneDrive is an excellent online storage application for our students to save and share their work. In an educational setting, students have a Terabyte of online storage available to them. This provides students with the ability to save virtually every piece of school work that they create during their school careers. The ease of configuring OneDrive to automatically save everything in their Desktop, as well as their Documents and Picture folders provides students and our IT department with the peace of mind that they will not lose any of their classwork in the event of a computer failure. Additionally, the ability of students to access their OneDrive from virtually anywhere on any computer makes this product versatile and extremely useful for our students

Cons

The default settings for OneDrive do not automatically include the Documents folder, the Desktop or the Pictures folder. Sharing documents or other files directly from the user's computer is problematic. It is best to open the OneDrive folder online and share files from there. The distinction is confusing to students. When using a free account for OneDrive, you are limited to 5GB of storage.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

While Google has GoogleDocs, Sheets and other apps, Microsoft Office is the de-facto standard in business applications. We chose Office 365 so that our students would have experience with this suite of applications when they enter college or the workforce

Don from RV Business Coach

Came on board kicking and screaming...

Overall, OneDrive is easy (and fairly mindless) to use. In fact, I am slowly migrating most of my iCloud files to OneDrive so that I can more easily access them from either my Mac or my PC.

Pros

I first started using OneDrive because it came with Office 365. I didn't really intend to do much with it, other than maybe store some personal stuff out there. After all, I was a Mac user so I had iCloud and an attitude towards Microsoft. But one of my clients was an avid Microsoft shop, so I had to start using Microsoft products more. I eventually even ended up buying a Surface Pro for travel. And that's when OneDrive really started to shine. OneDrive works both on my Mac and my Surface Pro, so it's super easy to keep files synced between them. And it does a nice job of disk management, so even though I have a lot of data in the cloud and a tiny drive on the Surface Pro, it's pretty quick to locate and access any files I need. And did I mention that since it's included in Office 365—which I needed to have, anyway—the first 1 TB really costs me nothing?

Cons

I have a minor problem on my Mac that the OneDrive sync software doesn't always start up on reboot (even though it's configured to do so). Until I figured that out, I would occasionally have problems with files not syncing. So, for example, I'd copy a file to OneDrive, grab my Surface and head out to a client site, and once there discover that the file hadn't synced. So now I just make a habit of being sure OneDrive started after each reboot, and all works fine.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Once I started using OneDrive, I found that I liked it better than iCloud. The Windows iCloud software is not Apple's best effort, and frequently files don't sync. So if I have files I know I need to access from both Windows and Mac, I make sure they are on OneDrive.

José Miguel from Universidad Austral de Chile

From a regular cloud storage to a great one

I am a user of this service for many years, but until 2 years ago my main cloud storage was one of the competitions. Right now, after the great implementation on Windows 10, my main cloud storage is OneDrive, I have my institution plan and a personal plan, included in my Office 365 subscription. Is real deal get 1 TB and the software, in comparison to other cloud storage services.

Pros

One of the main features I enjoy about OneDrive is how they integrate the service natively with Windows 10. You can look for your files directly in your windows folders, with an icon descriptor, you can know where the archives are located (in your PC or the cloud), and in case you don´t have a local copy of the file, you can get the data quickly with a single click.

Cons

At the start, the way they handle the default folders synced (documents, images, and desktop) maybe is not the best. For example, the Documents folder is used by many software to handle configuration files, and if you work in many stations like me, sync for default that folders are not the best. Anyway, the configuration to avoid this is easy. The UI is great, but a wizard for the configuration adapted to your individual needs would be great.

Enterprise storage with a business price tag

quick to set up, easy to manage at the admin level. Permissions are simple and applied globally and data is protected and synced, so what else can you ask for.

Pros

It's quick, cross-compatible with Mac/PC and a range of other devices. Fully accessible from mobile and tablet. Integrates seamlessly with MS Office products and plugs in with many other collaboration tools easily. It also has the capability to run personal and business versions simultaneously allowing separation of data.

Cons

Had a few issues with naming resolution of files that were previously held in google drive but ultimately moving was one of the mid to long-term benefits so worth biting the bullet here.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

seamless integration into MS Office product suite and alignment with Sharepoint 0365 services.

It's not a duplicate of word

We use OneDrive to sinc documents and photos, it will keep photo in original size and office 365 is more convenient than other cloud service like iCloud or Dropxbox where their give you just space on cloud but Microsoft gives also all program of Office. Last but not least, it works in China so compared to Dropbox or Google Drive it's the best Cloud Service you could use in case you work with Chinese customer or supplies.

Pros

I use OneNote since college, it's very easy to use and you could sinc with so many device like Laptop, Smartphone and tablet. Compared to word I haven't to organize folds and files on PC but simply organize notes in sections and pages, another pro is that you could add PDF files on OneNote so add attachment of 10 page like email attachment without show all content of attachment on the page. It's easy to share with other people and edit in real-time together just share the page with an email address. Sinc with unlimited number of divice in real time, I use it on my personal PC, company PC, personal smartphone with single account and I could take note of a book that I'm reading while I travel to home and continue on my laptop without interruption onece I arrived at home. It could be used also as calculator very simple calculator which keeps all input information so it's better than smartphone o laptop default calculator where has display limits.

Cons

Text formatting is not complete like word You couldn't use any funtion of excel to make calc. Sometimes the sinc is not immediate is better close program afer few minutes later editing.

Paul from Illovo Sugar Africa

Easy, safe and secure way to keep files

OneDrive has saved me on both crucial, personal and office scenarios. I can recommend it among the free cloud-based storage apps

Pros

OneDrive has saved me in many ways and I rank it among life saving apps I have used. One awesome part of one note is that you can set it to automatically sync all your photos whenever you're connected to WiFi. One day, my phone misbehaved after taking nice photos on a trip. I was forced to format it, erasing everything but worried about my photos, only to discover that they were all safe on OneDrive, kept and categorized nicely in a beautiful order. One other superiority of OneDrive over other cloud storages is the password protection. You don't need to worry about privacy. There is also a very good graphic and user interface for the folders and file manager. It increases your motivation to use the app. OneDrive also shows you the file extention, apart from showing you the thumbnail of your file. Most cloud storage apps don't do that. With OneDrive, you can choose files to work with offline, and it works, even without data connection. Despite all this, OneDrive has a very satisfying operation speed and everyone knows that it's hard to have an app with Excellency in both UI and speed at the same time.

Cons

Honestly, I have no problems with OneDrive. I would worry about free space but 5gb would be enough free space to a non-paying user.

Trevor from Collaborative Construction

Makes Excel & Word backups a breeze

We use Excel everyday and this has been a game changer for our business. We can access our files from anywhere on any computer. We often work remotely on job sites (out of the office), and this allows us to not worry about losing our data and makes finding our files really easy.

Pros

We've been using OneDrive for a few years now and it's been a game changer. If you use Excel or word on a regular bases, it makes opening and sharing these files a breeze. The best part is the auto save feature so you don't have too worry about losing data if you forget to save. Also you can access your files from anywhere without worrying about a file saved on a local machine. When you open or save a file in a Microsoft product like Excel or Word. It automatically shows your OneDrive folder as a spot to open or save files to which is so nice. You don't have too worry about going to a website and opening or uploading your files like you do with other cloud storage systems. OneDrive shows up like a file folder right on your computer!

Cons

Have had some issues with more then one user in the same file over writing each other's changes. We started saving new versions with our initials and the date in the title so we don't risk losing our over writing each other's changes.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We use Excel for everything in our business and it integrates seamlessly with OneDrive. The autosave feature has been invaluable as prior to OneDrive we definitely had some lost files stranded on a individual computers.

George from Javan Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

OneDrive Review from a College Student/Young Professional

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now and have been very impressed with the features they have added throughout the years. I used OneDrive during college to take class notes, keep track of due dates, create presentations and I have only had good experiences with OneDrive. This software is so well designed, so Microsoft should pat themselves on the back with what they have created. If you are looking for an inclusive software for all of your day to day needs that has amazing security, then you've found it with OneDrive. Highly recommend trying this software out as it is simply amazing.

Pros

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now where I have created excel sheets to track spending, powerpoints for work presentations, or just to keep track of my to-do list for the day. OneDrive is so versatile and can be used for almost need that you will need. What I like most about this software is that I am able to access my OneDrive account from anywhere to work on and open up my files. OneDrive is very easy to use, set up folders, and allows you to personalize your account to whatever works best for you. Security is always a key issue for softwares such as this one. You want to make sure that your private information stays private, which is what OneDrive does so well. They even have a "vault" where you can place any sensitive or important information to give it an extra layer of security. Microsoft has thought of everything when they created OneDrive and I highly recommend using it!

Cons

I honestly haven't noticed anything with the software that I haven't liked. I've been using OneDrive for a few years now (through college to keep track of school work and at my current job) and have never had any issues.

Sebastian from EnvokeIT AB

OneDrive makes personal file storage easy

Pros

OneDrive is an easy file storage product that comes in two shapes. OneDrive for personal use, and OneDrive for Business that is included in Office 365 for employees. With the OneDrive application, you can sync your OneDrive documents and files with your devices which makes it even smoother to work but at the same time know that everything is backed up in your cloud storage. It also integrates well with the Office suite.

Cons

The older agents, both on Windows 7 and Windows 10, could sometimes have issued with synced files. This would then lead to some files being corrupt.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

OneDrive has Come a Long Way

OneDrive serves my small business well as a cloud storage solution that allows file/folder sharing with coworkers. It is secure, easy to use (except when troubleshooting problems) and reasonably reliable.

Pros

OneDrive is simple to set up for a small business. As the administrator, you can share drives with specific people in your organization, or with all users who are in your organization using the same domain (such as @mycompany.com) Security is top notch, because it encrypts data in transit and stored on Microsoft servers. Years ago, OneDrive was buggy and could not be trusted to sync over the internet between two computers...but now the sync is reasonably fast and reliable. Box and Dropbox have better sync, but you need to pay for the business features whereas OneDrive comes free with your Office365 subscription. I don't believe Google Drive is secure storage.

Cons

The sync is good enough, but not as good as Box, Dropbox, or Google drive. Microsoft support is spotty. Microsoft will not restore your data from backup if the data disaster comes from you or your employees...such as mass-deletions (accidental or malicious) or ransomware infections that sync from your computer to the cloud storage. So you need another backup solution if you think these are risks you need to mitigate. (To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft will restore data if the loss/corruption happens at its own data center due to natural disaster or fire, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Some of the "others" marketed themselves as more secure (hacker proof) solutions, and maybe they were, but they suffered from poor sync, bugginess, or lacked good enough support for multiple small business users. They cost a lot more than OneDrive which comes with Office365.

Shenali from UOK

Review on Microsoft OneDrive

I consider OneDrive as Microsoft's reply to Apple's iCloud and Google Drive. OneDrive's functionality and unique design have reached a point of heavy usability and reliability among people with a rich feature set, online office apps, and wide platform support. The best thing is that OneDrive supports attractive and capable web and mobile interfaces, real-time coediting, music streaming, photo AI, and powerful search. OneDrive's service's amazing integration with Windows 10 and Office 365 along with its finishing, maturity, and polish holds it up high. This software not only deserves a 5-star rating but also be named Best Designed Software of all time. Hats off to the Microsoft Team!

Pros

This software is very easy to purchase, install and use. It is handy in sharing documents, configuring sharing restrictions, and audit sharing activity. There are two verisons given out by Microsoft. OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Both these versions allow the access of your data through a specific folder on your pc, a mobile app or through Microsoft's website. There is quite a difference when you compare these two versions. OneDrive is mostly comes pre-installed on Windows based pcs and are used for personal activities. OneDrive for Business is included with most of Office 365 subscriptions and comes with ample storage. I just love both versions and have successfully used both versions for my personal activities as well as office work.

Cons

There is simply nothing negative about this software that crosses my mind. It's simply one of Microsoft's greatest outputs.

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

Best way to share files

OneDrive is the best when I get a call about so and so wanting a specific file - I don’t have to email it anymore and have it get lost in their inbox when they go to look for it at a later date. I just plop it from my computer into one of the OneDrive folders and share it with them. That’s it! And they can access it anytime.

Pros

We use OneDrive to share files with our account managers, who are often on the road. We can share videos, images, or even workable excel files with them. They’re able to access these files wherever they are and edit them as well. It’s the best way to share your internal drive with people who aren’t working in the building.

Cons

There really is nothing to dislike about this product. It’s really easy to use, easy to access, and even has an app for iPads and phones. I guess sometimes it might take a while to download a certain file when you’re on the road...but that’s going to happen no matter what you use.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It has everything in one place, rather than needing several different apps to fulfill all the needs

Nural from International Business School

The best cloud for saving files for windows users

I am using office applications very frequently and I need to keep the files in some place that I can access them whenever I want, this tool is very useful for me. Another cool thing is that I can share the files with my friends and many people can work on one file at the same time.

Pros

This product is developed by Microsoft and it comes in Microsoft Office bundle, first times I thought it is not that much useful application. However, afterwards I have started to use office applications I saw that how useful this application is. Firstly it is integrated with Microsoft Office applications, and you can keep all your files on the drive, it also can be integrated with your email and you can share files through drive if they are not not shareable through email. Another good side of this application is that it is available on all platforms and you can use it for sharing the files between devices.

Cons

I have some concerns regarding use the application on my PC, the problem is that it always running on the background and since my laptop is a bit slower it downs the performance. When I turn of it my windows protection gives error. Rather than this, I do not have any problems with this application.

Richard from Southwest Gas

Industry: Utilities

OneDrive is Amazing

We needed a way to offload our internal storage to a cloud environment. We were looking into Office 365 already for Teams and Exchange Online, and OneDrive was a piece of that offering. It completely met our needs and included added functionality which was an added bonus. OneDrive has made working remotely, whether on vacation or business, much more simple.

Pros

I love that I can access my documents anywhere on any device. I don't have to VPN to get behind my company's firewall if I'm out of the office. I can hop on my personal laptop, or better yet on my phone or tablet to access my docs and start working. It makes working remotely on the road much easier. I can also share my documents with others both in and outside of my organization without emailing a copy. I can grant them permission to edit a doc located in my OneDrive folder. It's made collaboration much easier, especially if you're not using SharePoint or another file storage application. But really, if you're using OneDrive, you're using SharePoint. It's just another option of how to share and collaborate.

Cons

Some of the settings can get tricky. Administrators have a lot of power to lock down OneDrive. In fact, they can restrict access altogether on any device other than your registered machine. We went really strict at first with our administration, and then let up as we got into the full capabilities and functionality. We also have a setting currently enabled where our managers automatically have access to our documentation, which isn't great. We just ne

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We looked at other options, but since we were already looking at Office 365, it made sense to go all in with OneDrive.

Eduardo, Jr. from Tixani Services

Best Solution for File Syncing MS Office Files

For the most part, we use G Suite. The small businesses we consult with use G Suite. Most larger companies though, still use MS Office for everything. To meet the requirement of those clients, we still keep 2 legacy installs of MS Office alive. For MS Office files, we use OneDrive for file syncing. OneDrive allows our team to collaborate and share files easily. It resolves a pain point at a reasonable price.

Pros

OneDrive lets my team backup, share and collaborate on MS Office files. I manage the PC's in my office and OneDrive is an easy way for me to manage backing up these files automatically from half the PC's we use. It's proven itself reliable, and for our modest storage needs, at a price point that is pain-free.

Cons

There isn't a reliable way to back up to it from a Linux system. I can't really fault Microsoft for that. But it would be nice if they get to a point where they support any operating system, be it Windows, Mac or Linux. To be fair though, the web interface does work fine, but it is a bit of a manual process. I have a couple of Linux apps that can back up their data independently to OneDrive, so it is possible. Looking at the changes in Microsoft, this may only be a matter of time.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It offered the best compatibility for file syncing Microsoft Office files. It's reliable and the app makes it easy to manage backups.

Anthony from 1 Up Tech, LLC

Works perfectly for limited purpose

I find OneDrive best suited for end users looking for an easy and affordable way to synchronize documents across multiple devices. It can be deployed across an enterprise but I find better solutions are available for making corporate data available in the cloud. Microsoft is constantly improving features and because it is so widely used it is generally easier to resolve related issues.

Pros

Easy to purchase, install and use. There is a difference between OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. OneDrive is commonly pre-installed on Windows based computers and used for personal accounts. OneDrive for Business is packaged with almost all Office 365 subscriptions and comes with ample storage. Both version make your data accessible through a designated folder on your computer, an app on your mobile device, or through Microsoft's website. OneDrive for Business access can be controlled through the Office 365 Admin center. It is easy to share documents, configure sharing restrictions, and audit sharing activity. With the appropriate subscription it can be configured to be HIPAA compliant.

Cons

It should be understood this is not a file backup solution. Damage to files are replicated across all devices which could result in loss of data. It is not easy to manage one drive data across an organization making it difficult to audit, identify and classify. It is not easy to make available a default set of files or folders needed by all users or users in specific departments. Sharepoint would be the solution to that problem which may require a more expensive Office 365 subscription.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We choose OneDrive over Dropbox because it's readily available to anyone with a Windows computer and a Microsoft account. We choose OneDrive for Business due to pricing and features. It comes with all of Office 365 subscriptions and everyone we work with uses Office. However, we only use OneDrive for a limited purpose. For enterprise deployments we choose CentreStack over OneDrive for business due to it having all the same features plus the ability to create "Team Folders", provide a default set of data for the user, and restrict access on file and folder levels.

Stephen from Superior-Greenstone DSB

Excellent Cloud Storage

OneDrive allows my team and I to easily create and share documents and files across a variety of platforms on both our internal network and the internet. Files integrate seamlessly with other Office365 software products and sync easily between phones and computers. Updates are very fast and file management is very easy. I use OneDrive for secure, confidential information all the way to social event posters.

Pros

-Cost, when bundled with Enterprise Office365, is very manageable. -Native desktop option means syncing in File Management software. Files easily accessible -iOS app is extremely easy to use -Syncs very well with Outlook365. -Good privacy protection

Cons

-There is nothing that I do not like about this software itself, though it would be nice to support a Canadian vendor if possible.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The integration with our other office productivity software, combined with excellent security, and the ability to use single-sign-on password integration with other products made OneDrive the obvious choice.

Andrei from Purdue University

Industry: Research

Why I switched form Dropbox to OneDrive

With OneDrive I synchronize files through all my devices. For now (and for me) I think it's the best software solution to do that.

Pros

Fascinating 1Tb of disk storage if you buy MS Office 365. In comparison with other file hosting services OneDrive has native integration with MS Windows and MS Office. You can edit MS office files both online and offline, as well as it possible to edit files simultaneously with your colleagues. Additionally, OneDrive has rather good mobile app.

Cons

In a nutshell - unexpected problems with file synchronization. I use the software on two my laptops (workstation and portable) and android cellphone. Time by time I've edited files on the workstation and go to a meeting with the portable. And the portable contains the old unedited versions even if OneDrive says it's up to date. Only after reboot OneDrive applies the changes.

Andres from Novavision Group

One drive delivers great value for the money

Most of our users are Windows users and we're very happy with the functionalities to sync, to keep local, to keep in the cloud and to share files

Pros

Compared to other storage solutions, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box.com, OneDrive is more cost effective when the volume of users is not large. The functionality and compatibility with Windows is great.

Cons

OneDrive has difficulties integrating with Mac. For instance, the context menus that exist in Windows to sync files (in the mouse right-click) does not exist in Mac. This makes it cumbersome to select what files you want to keep in your computer.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

More cost effective, great integration with windows. Besides, Microsoft provides the office suite within the cost. The microsoft mobile apps are great, and the web integration works flawlessly.

Jerry from TSAA

OneDrive Helps Drive Our Business

While working solo, none of our users have had any issues working with the software. It works, and it works for them. they can save all their files, they can access from anywhere. They are happy with that. When it comes to sharing and collaborating, that's where we've run into a few issues that the system isn't user friendly enough. Granted, we are trying to replace file server storage with OneDrive, the more technically inclined users have no issues, the less so have more issues. It just isn't user friendly enough for this. Sharing with external users becomes even more troublesome. Again, there just needs to be a few more features on the sharing side. Other than that, it works for us and we are happy with it.

Pros

It works. It just work. We need to upload files, we can. We need to download files, we can. We need to share files, we can.

Cons

While it works, the features just aren't that great. Yes, we can save to cloud, access from anywhere, download, update. But it's not as easy to share as with other software. We have an easier time with Google Drive. Or even DropBox. But, OneDrive is less expensive considering we are non-profit and use Office 365. The Windows 10 settings for OneDrive are just horrible. There just needs to be more settings available, more features, more configuration on folders settings and permissions.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

it was included with our Office 365 subscription, and we wanted to make the most of it.

Aaron from Permian Basin Area Foundation

Revolutionized Our Company's File Sharing

Our company has been able to share files remotely with confidence that they will be secure. Because OneDrive is very intuitive/familiar, it is easy to implement with all of our employees.

Pros

The ease of use, security, and richness of features makes using OneDrive a no-brainer. I love the auto-save feature in particular which has saved my bacon a number of times from losing data or full documents. Being able to share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, PDF's, and images with anyone anywhere at anytime is hugely convenient. It's also very fast - no perceptible difference most times between accessing something from the local drive and the cloud.

Cons

There's not an easy to find FAQ or how-to that I am aware of when you open OneDrive. It seems to me that there could be an automated walkthrough or even a help file that would reveal ways to better use OneDrive.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

No need to set up individual accounts for each of our users on top of what they already had.

Jake from Minnesota Senate

Industry: Government Relations

A great component of our Office suite

I think OneDrive is a premier program that is worthy of your use! For more than two years, I have been a happy customer and user of OneDrive at my workplace. I've found my coworkers often agree; it is the program of choice when compared to its competitors like DropBox or iCloud Files. Definitely recommend to use this program!

Pros

OneDrive is an excellent component of the Office 365 suite for our workplace. The functionality is great and often ahead of its competitors like Dropbox. For example, it is very intuitive to use the desktop and mobile apps. They don't transfer every file to your computer -- which is excellent because it saves space -- and instead, they store them in the cloud until you go into the app and select what you need. For a OneDrive folder with many gigabytes of files and photos, this is a life saver! I also like how responsive OneDrive is -- for example, if you make an update on the mobile app or on your computer, the other devices you use are immediately synced with very little lag time. This is quite an improvement over previous versions of OneDrive, to be sure, but also a marked improvement over competitors like DropBox or Google Drive. Plus, you can easily share links or files with your coworkers or members of the public, even if they don't use OneDrive themselves. That's the kind of advanced functionality missing from iCloud, but present in OneDrive - thank you! If you're a novice, intermediate, or advanced user, OneDrive is definitely for you!

Cons

There are just a few glitches that bring down the overall quality of OneDrive. For example, sometimes shared files get messed up when using the desktop and mobile apps, and you have to re-sync them as a result. A minor hassle, but a hassle nonetheless. There are also bits and pieces of OneDrive's operating UI that make it less than intuitive; for example, to download a photo from the OneDrive app to your phone, there are a number of less-than-intuitive steps you have to take in order to complete the action. I think there is definitely room for refining small features like that -- but that's exactly what they are, minor annoyances or problems that can be improved upon, but that don't hinder from the overall functionality of the program.

Microsoft's best attempt at integrated cloud storage yet!

The experience with OneDrive has been stellar. As a firm with a lot of people jotting down business critical information in documents every minute, a system or app crash could result in hours of rework! OneDrive and it's ability to enable auto save on Office 365 apps have really helped save a pretty penny here. Collaboration, Sharing and Admin functions for controlling access is seamless and integrated very well with Windows 10.

Pros

OneDrive is excellent for getting work done as a group. It offers class leading cloud sync and as an added bonus, file explorer integration. It enables Office apps to auto save to the cloud every minute; this keeps our work safe and also allows to work from multiple devices on the go. If you work long enough with it, it can be used as an excellent mobile solution for handling files and access. Versioning and Access control are easy and excellent as well.

Cons

The product is pricey when compared to some competitors like the Google Suite. It may offer a lot more in terms of functionality, however, for smaller firms the G suite should suffice.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Came as part of the Office 365 suite and worked great!

Stacy from RE Titans LLC

Document sharing and offline storage all in one

We had too many files sharing programs and were spending a lot of money. One Drive allowed us to cut our costs and use other options less often at a lower cost of ownership.

Pros

What I like most about One Drive is the integration with Microsoft Office and Exchange. It also works very well with Windows file manager.

Cons

It used to be harder to share with outsiders unless they had a Microsoft account, but now seems to be fixed. Don't like how it can get crossed with Sharepoint.

Integration with Office & Exchange

Radoslav from eSoftware

OneDrive - your data everywhere with you

I have been using it firstly for personal purposes. I have been using it as a student when I needed to store my projects and files on a place where I can easily access. I saved energy for carrying my personal PC all to the University with me. With OneDrive I just uploaded my files and access them on the University PCs which was one big utility for me. And secondly, I have been using it in work with Office 365. It was very powerful to store our projects and documents which had the need to be shared with the team. This eased us with sending e-mails with attachments which is slower and not enough secure. So I pretty recommend using this Cloud Service because in 2019 we all need a secure, Cloud place, where we can store and access files from everywhere.

Pros

I think OneDrive is a cool app because of: 1. It is a Cloud-based app where you can store all your personal or business information - from photos, videos, to documents, charts, projects and much more. 2. The coolest thing is that you can access your files from everywhere. You do not need to carry your PC with personal files everywhere. You can go to a trip wide away and you can access your files from your phone, or even some other PC or laptop - no flash drives, no CDs or DVDs - only Internet connection. 3. In 2019 I think security is also one very important thing - and OneDrive supports this. I think everything should be encrypted for security purposes and everyone who also searches this - should take a look at OneDrive. 4. You can share your projects or files with your friends, family or teamwork with just a few clicks and via one link - no more attachments through e-mails or skype or any kind of chatting program. Just with sending the link everyone with the right permissions can access the files and read, download or edit them. 5. Furthermore, you can set an expiration for the shareable links which is a cool feature to limit access to the link. 6. It has free storage - you can try the app or you can just use it for small purposes. Of course, if you like it you can pay for much more space and the prices are quite good. 7. And for me, one final feature is that it is supported by Office 365 which is very useful for business purposes.

Cons

Till now I have not any inconvenience with the app. For my purposes, it is very easy to use, no extra redundant menus and intuitive app.

Imi from Government of Grenada

OneDrive by itself is lonely, but with Office 365 it is your Knight in Armour

Collobration and team sharing is not just solved but it allows the team to be flexible in their collaboration. I can create an excel chart and link it in real time into a Word document, without any consideration for future changes made in the excel, all will automatically be updated in the Word document. This is really useful when teams are working on important topics, but done need to be concerned about tools and technologies. It work!

Pros

OneDrive with integration with apps such as Word, Excel, etc. creates the full eco system for the modern, mobile and collaborative office. Online and Offline sync tools allows me to walk with my files, on any device . I love the fact that you can share a file with a friend, open it within the browse, but allow the Word or Excel file to be edited directly on your PC without worrying about "where the files is saved". OneDrive make you work with your files in multiple location but ensure that it is one file that were are all working on. Security controls over sharing is also good.

Cons

If you are in a low bandwidth environment, then prepare yourself to have time where OneDrive desktop tool will fully consume all the bandwidth...… However, everything from 1MB to 10GB seem to sync very fast. I do think the constant changes forced by the owners of this product acts as a demerit. One day you know the system and its settings, next day you are just lost, because they decided to push a new release.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Largely due to person already steep into MS Office products. Truth is we purchased the MS products and then discovered the power that OneDrive brings along.

Brad from Canada Masonry Design Centre

Industry: Civil Engineering

Like Google Drive/Dropbox but with better Office Integration

Great for working in teams - especially when using MS Office like word, PowerPoint, and Excel for company documents. Ideally paired with Office 365

Pros

Works really well for company work where you can access it anywhere but also have it synced to your computer. performance when synced is the same as if working on your local machine - no additional lag or delays. You can choose what is kept locally synced vs. what appears in the folder but stored in the cloud. Great for workstations with SSD's with limited storage. Integration with Windows Explorer is very good as well with easy to understand icons. Working from OneDrive directories allows you to use "autosave" which is nice.

Cons

Can be confusing to some coworkers when it comes to explaining whether a file is actually contained in a folder or simply listed and available to download. Have had issues with coworkers thinking they have files on OneDrive but are actually working in a directory that is not synced. This is not a OneDrive issue but I can see how the less tech-savvy might have a hard time with this. The autosave can be annoying when I am used to making changes and then "Save As" for the cases where I'm worried an Excel macro might screw up my data

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

it is bundled in Office 365 which made it a no brainer. only after switching do I appreciate the Explorer and Office integration which the alternatives do not have. If your organization uses Google Docs then Drive is probably better

One of the best Cloud storage for Business users

We started using One Drive to share larger files with internal users then we realize it is the best way to share or store data for the users who are always on the move. The advantage of having mobile apps and can access from anywhere in the world helped us to give access to users who are on the move so they can use mobiles, IPads or devices to access the files they want. Then we enabled auto-sync and create which folder will sync with user computer and OneDrive. Easiness of how we can share files or folder with other users makes Business users and IT life easy. One drive is like you are having personal Sharepoint which enables you to sync with your computer's folders with all the Sharepoint access on a Cloud.

Pros

User-friendly GUI Able to access from anywhere in the world no need specific LAN access. It even can access from the mobile app which helps users who are on the go. Automatic sync option with your laptop/desktop folders with One Drive. Able to share folder access or file access with any other user easily. A great method to share larger files with another party without any issue.

Cons

In our case we cannot share with the third party only within our domain ( Our organization users ) can share. Not sure this is an internal setting.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We started using One Drive to share larger files with internal users then we realize it is the best way to share or store data for the users who are always on the move. The advantage of having mobile apps and can access from anywhere in the world helped us to give access to users who are on the move so they can use mobiles, IPads or devices to access the files they want. One drive is like you are having personal Sharepoint which enables you to sync with your computer's folders with all the Sharepoint access on a Cloud. Automatic sync option with your laptop/desktop folders with One Drive. Able to share folder access or file access with any other user easily.

Jonathan from Cortland Partners

Microsoft One Drive

Works very well as a standard personal cloud file management tool for both personal use and business use. Lacking many advanced options found in Google/Box for public file sharing. Works well with eDiscovery and other legal and compliance tools Has improved greatly over time with real-time collaboration and automatic saving Simple to implement and rollout as it is native with MS Office Continue to grow its footprint in my current company as an alternative to File Shares

Pros

Industry standard software works natively with MS Office Allows sharing and collaboration of files with anyone and anywhere Simple to use and and administer Compliant for regulations and easily searchable/discoverable

Cons

Sharing options are very limited for outside users and difficult to control once in the wild Administration is not robust, still old style Security is lacking especially for the uninitiated Plays well with MS not so well with other tools

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Native with MS Office and part of the O365 subscription Change management would be significant to leave O365 subscription

Jason from Teach 2 Teach

Simple backup for when your pc dies

Very good. It's reliable and I've never lost a file.

Pros

Even though I have a great pc, a surface pro 5, it will die every once in awhile. I'll then head to the microsoft store and I'll be handed a new one. Within a few minutes, all my files are restored. How? OneDrive.

Cons

Limited storage. 1 TB sounds like a lot... not enough for heavy users who have old video files that aren't organized yet.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It's already integrated with Windows. I can still search my files without storing them on my pc. Just downloads them when I need them.

peter from Scouts Canada

Very Good Collaboration Tool

We tend to share files with Volunteers who are working with staff, this provided an easy way to share the files and also ensure that the most current is the one everyone is working from. Very easy for non technical people to learn and get up to speed on.

Pros

Gives us the ability to share files across the organization both internally and externally. Since we are an Microsoft shop, it also integrates well into our other tools. We also use SharePoint but this is a easier file sharing tool that is easier for all to pick up.

Cons

Ownership of the file remains with the individual as opposed to anyone. Access tends to be restricted until invites or links are sent.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Integration with the other Microsoft products was easily and we realized more functionality using the integrations. File sharing is with OneDrive and SharePoint is the major collaboration tool for internal staff.

Eric from College des medecins du Queberc

OneDrive for Business : great sharing tool, but still needs some features to become #1

OneDrive for Business use has been a trial and error or work-in-progress product for our internal usage. Some iOS apps like Dictate+Connect and GoodReader do not offer built-in OneDrive for Business support to import or export some content, even though the OneDrive consumer version was possible. Having two versions of same product created confusion and frustration that led us put on hold the widespread use of OneDrive on our mobile iOS clients. Sharing files with external partners was brought back to Dropbox Business for larger commitees that couldn't easily handle the added steps for authentication.

Pros

What we like about OneDrive for Business is obviously its tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem. Sharing Microsoft Word and Excel documents with colleagues is now seamless and best of all, is the automatic saving and versioning! Makes backups less a necessity. Also the quality of the iOS OneDrive application is a great value for our mobile users. Integration with other key apps that our users have on their iPhone or iPad is a real advantage for efficiently transferring files.

Cons

Some of the features that are added might be less refined with our French-Canadian language localised Windows workstations. For example, the Folder redirection of Desktop function puts a "Desktop" folder in the OneDrive account instead of the "Bureau" that is usually found on the local Windows computer. Therefore using the Desktop button in the standard save/open file dialog is a bit confusing. Also, the fact that Guests cannot have a OneDrive account to access shared files and folders like Dropbox brings some added steps (security codes) to give access to shared folders.

David from Devil's Party Press

Industry: Publishing

So far...so great!

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been overwhelmingly positive. It's simple to map OneDrive to your local desktop (simply clicking "Sync" from the OneDrive dashboard is all it takes). This enables you to work on files directly from your desktop rather than going out to the OneDrive site. It's super-convenient and saves us tons of time.

Pros

We decided to try OneDrive by Microsoft for our file management needs after using SharePoint for over a decade. One of the main reasons we did not want to change is, frankly, change is hard. Or can be. It's easy to stick with what you are used to, and there is always the concern of placing additional stress on staff by having them learn something new. However, it has been a smooth transition and so far is going great. OneDrive, in my estimation, is far superior to SharePoint for file management. Here's why: When you store files on OneDrive, you can easily open and edit them. You can edit them in the cloud or open and work on them from your desktop software if you feel more comfortable working this way. Regardless of how you choose to do it, your work is instantly saved as you go. There is no document check-out process. Multiple users can update the same file simultaneously. It's quite remarkable how easy it is to use OneDrive and just how powerful it is. As you become more familiar with it, you'll no doubt want to set up various sites within your account to manage specific content. For example, we have a Content site, a Marketing site, and a Finance site. It's easy to assign access to employees as needed. This helps ensure that only those who should be working in a particular site have access to that site. As stated, we are still learning all of the bells and whistles, but so far it has been a fantastic transition.

Cons

So far, there is nothing to dislike about OneDrive. The interface is easy to use and follow. Compared to SharePoint for file management, it's a breeze. Simple to open a file and start working. Easy to review changes that have been made. Real-time saving means no need to worry if your browser crashes or you lose internet access.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

While we use Dropbox Business, and probably will continue using this for certain file storage needs, the bulk of our files will ultimately be placed and used on OneDrive. There are many reasons for this decision. The main reasons are ease of access, multi-user real-time updates, and download speed. Even though I have only used OneDrive for a few months as of this review, I cannot recommend it highly enough. It more than exceeds expectations.

Alicia from MerchantSide Marketing Group

Best Investment

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is the ability to save files on one computer and have access to them on another by signing into my account. I handle numerous documents and work in and out of the office. OneDrive provides me with the best way to track and maintain my files no matter where I am at.

Cons

The only downside is that OneDrive requires internet connection to automatically save files. With no internet connection I have to remember to save my work to my laptop.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive allowed me to automatically save files without having to first transfer them into Drive.

Bobby from SG360

Bobby's OneDrive Review

We were worried about switching from Google to OneDrive at first, but glad we did. The whole Microsoft package turned out to be an amazing decision on switching over.

Pros

The simplicity of use. OneDrive wasn't hard to setup at all.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like, except maybe how when I setup my OneDrive this last time, it has a business and personal drive. I don't use the personal drive and can't seem to get rid of it. I'm sure if I contacted customer support, they could help. But it's not that big of a deal.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

OneDrive seemed to be more professional in a larger corporation setting.

Nithya from Logica

A great shared drive which provides a shared space for document storage among teams!

We have to work as a team that’s located remotely and consists of freelancers who work for the training company. So based on each persons role, we select the level of access and which folders are permitted to be shared for collaboration. It has always been useful to find the right files at the right time and use the shared folders if one drive to collaborate more seamlessly!

Pros

I suggested Microsoft 365 to my team at Applied Business Academy which is a training provider. We have been able to use one drive extensively for sharing files securely and granting access to groups of people who should be provided the access. Specially with the GDPR regulations in Europe, we have been blessed to have purchased the licence to use this wonderful software!

Cons

I’m some of the laptops, if the setting are not right, it will not sync the files and the staff forget to turn sync on. This leads to confusion as the teams start working on the older version of the file. This has been a hassle on certain occasions. However it is not the fault of the software, but I wish it had a way to update all files automatically :)

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It is best to have everything in one place and be able to track who accessed what and who edited last or saved the latest version! If we had to use other products, it would mean that there will have to be new log in and password and more hassle in tracking or sharing work across teams.

Caitlin from Healthcare

OneDrive simplifies Microsoft file sharing and storage

I must admit I was reluctant at first because I am a Type A control freak and someone else doing the driving made me nervous about the mistakes and headaches. That hasn't happened. When I say it hasn't happened, I mean it hasn't happened one time. I use Office as my everyday life and it is incredible that with the amount of data for research for journal articles, my protocols and information regarding training, all of the outside work I do with volunteer groups, etc. that things don't mix themselves up, get lost, or have files get lost. In the past I have had external hard drives have sector failures. This eliminates that and I now rely on it. I am waiting for the day where all of our computer interactions can merge formatting for one seamless interaction but for now, of all of the cloud products I use, this by far is the best.

Pros

When you are working with a Microsoft product, OneDrive takes on the process of doing the work for you once you tell it to. It will back up your information to the cloud, auto save your edits, allow you to give other people access to any particular files and then allow you to allow or deny them edit access. Much of this is capable of being done through Mark-up, etc. but with OneDrive it is occurring in real time and you do not have to send, wait for the response, edit, and then send again. You are able to create a portfolio of a folder that contains multiple files so coworkers or coauthors can locate the various areas and make edits as needed while you work on a different aspect. Plus, when the inevitable screen of death occurs, those last second back-ups that never made it to your external hard drive are saved in the cloud as OneDrive truly is backing up every single thing you do.

Cons

There is a little difficulty for some less computer oriented coworkers to understand seeing duplicate files listed- one set on OneDrive and then also on desktop. I try to explain to them to think about their computer being attached to a box outside the computer that is also storing the same info in case it gets lost. That typically helps a lot. The other thing that is challenging is when you toggle it on, you have it writing the memory of the file in real time, so if you want to play around with edits and not have them saved, you have to remember to toggle it off, or create a separate file.

If you want Microsoft OneNote then you MUST have OneDrive and have it installed RIGHT!

One of the worst application experiences I have ever had the displeasure of living thru regarding getting it to "work", all-encompassing, pertaining to all I did previously say.

Pros

The best overall thing that I like most about OneDrive is that it literally has become my ONLY app that I use for cloud storage that syncs between my local machine and the cloud. I use 3 other apps, but ONLy OneDrive do I allow to sync bi-directionally with my local machine. I depend solely on OneDrive to make sure my ENTIRE LIFE (business and personal) is ALWAYS in sync---in real-time-----ALL THE TIME 24/7. The ability to use the Android Mobile App to access easily all my OneDrive Files is exceptional. I could not live without my OneDrive as it literally DRIVES my "ONE-LIFE", all-encompassing!

Cons

The absolute WORST and I really mean THE WORST thing about OneDrive is that it RUNS Microsoft OneNote! You can't have ONE without the other ONE. The TWO are BOTH actually ONE when all technicalities are taken into consideration. Additionally, in order to get BOTH of them to work properly after a "clean-install" of Windows 10 is a total nightmare (unless you have done it so many times like I have, and now I know how to "do it" without a dozen hours of MS Office 365 Tech Support Calls. They branded it correctly with "OneDrive" as it truly is your ONEDRIVE on your computer if you choose to use this cloud storage application. The fact is, OneNote is the the most often used application I have, and therefore, I had no choice but to utilize OneDrive, by default! Now that I have, I have grown to actually like it a lot, though! Lastly, I wish there was a choice to NOT sync to my local machine, but there isn't....and when configuring a system to have the OneDrive Folder NOT be in its default location is beyond a total nightmare to get done correctly!

Shane from stetson courier inc

Excellent storage ,when used wisely!

As stated though, If you do make sure all the settings are right before things get slowed down, its an amazing experience having the cloud at your finger tips on mobile, and laptop, Desktop, and both my Xbox and Xbox1 working together. As well as the ability to load my games from Xbox1 onto it, and go to a fiends house who has the system, but not the game, and be able to play it there, with MY profile in all its glory, and when i return home, all my progress returns with me for more solo gaming.

Pros

Well i love that i linked all my Microsoft stuff together, At the time i first used it i was using an Xbox 360, the Xbox1 , desktop , and laptop for school and not to mention mobile phone as well. when i would make game clips from call of duty and upload them i could move seamlessly from Console to PC for editing my clips, Then for school when i would be at lunch in between class, i could still access any video clips on the go, and upload homework assignments, to then return home and work on my desktop once again.

Cons

Not a fan of when it will automatically grab everything, and i mean EVERY random silly thing you have off your PC and max out your storage, then it was just a hassle to turn off the auto upload, and would always end up getting tired of it slowing my startup to a crawl, then the left click delay would be...Just unbearable, to finally be able to hit settings, sometimes overshooting it and closing it again... having to right click once again, carefully work my way there again, and click it, for a slow load to finally FINALLY unchecked that box, and apply my settings. And thank goodness every windows installation i do i always forget to turn it off and then do the song and dance once again .

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,406 reviews