• Pros

• "I like that this software is very user friendly. "

• "Easy to use, good value and functional. Wheny you need support, they are very responsive."

• "it is easy to use and keeps me on top of my calls"

• Cons

• "Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine."

• "There can be a lot of lagging, though I will say in the last year or so this has improved a ton. "

• "The ability to search your database is very good, however searching through an individual job search that you had 8 months ago needs to be streamlined. "

Browse PCRecruiter Reviews

Rik

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Pros

I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Cons

It takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.

Dan from AutoLoop

Great recruiting software - needs some improvement as far as being a comprehensive ATS

Overall, as a recruiter software, I'm not sure there's a better product on the market. There needs to be some basic features to the platform, however, if PCRecruiter is going to compete in the ATS market.

Pros

Very easy to use - simple one click or drag and drop features make it incredibly efficient. Pricing model is based on users and NOT number of employees which is critical. ATS's should not have a per employee pricing model, period. Aesthetics are awesome, navigating through the platform is pretty straight forward.

Cons

As far as being an ATS there are a couple of very key features it lacks which are basic components of most, if not all, ATS'. 1) Currently it does not provide a way to pre-qualify candidates when they first apply to a position. Most ATS' offer front end questions to help determine if candidates possess the minimum requirements which helps the recruiter focus on those who meet those requirements first. 2) Automation emails can be sent, however setting it up is a little clunky - once you get through it, however, it works great. 3) This is more of a desired feature, but there should be an option to set a delayed time for automation emails. For example, when a candidate you're not interested in is interviewed, when you move them in to the appropriate folder in the pipeline to let them know they're no longer being considered it sends out the email immediately, there should be an option for a 24 hour to 48 hour delay.

Scott from Cerca Talent

Amazing Support with a Strong and Reliable Product

Fantastic products and amazing support

Pros

PCRecruiter offers tremendous flexibility for those that want more from their ATS.

Cons

Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

Best bang for your buck. Excellent support. Can be customized if you need it to make your process easier.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review, Scott! We're happy to have you as a client. We're always open to thoughts on improving the mass email capabilities. Visit the features & suggestions forum on the helpdesk and let us know what could be improved.

Overall Great ATS with Solid Customer Support

Overall positive experience with PCRecruiter, as it's met our business's need

Pros

User-friendly interface with lots of features and the ability to customize just about everything as desired to optimize workflows and match business needs. Cloud-based options allow remote access from anywhere with internet access. New email campaigns feature tracks views and clicks for outbound email marketing, which allows users to set up highly-focused drip campaigns.

Cons

For cloud based users, occasional server issues or intra-day patches cause intermittent slowness. Features submitted in the feature request forum are sometimes ignored for months on end, even when upvoted by multiple other users.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the review! In regards to long-standing requests in the feature request forum, in some cases those requests are just more complicated to fulfill than they appear, but rest assured that no request goes un-noticed and we very much value those requests!

Meredith from Driven Staffing, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Overall a good product for a small business.

Overall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business. I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.

Pros

A good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.

Cons

-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the * (wildcard) in PCR like you can in a true Boolean search). -Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. -You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile. -You cannot save the parameters you use most often when running reports on your open positions. (They call "Job Orders" positions in their system). You have to re-enter everything from scratch every time.

Reasons for Choosing PCRecruiter

In this case price was a big factor - the ability to have a single user license.

Eddie from EHS Hospitality

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great software for all recruiters and managing the talent acquisition pipeline.

Pros

It's an adaptive software and is expanding to fit our growing needs. Very easy to customize menus and parts of the site to save time and increase your workflow productivity. It's very easy for users with minimal software experience to learn but also intuitive enough for high tech-savvy users to utilize.

Cons

The Mobile App is in the early stages of development I feel, so the only feedback I have is to keep developing it over time.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the glowing review, Eddie!

Jennifer from TYGES

Honest PCR Review!

Benefits are having a huge and easily accessible database that we can access from anywhere (the APP needs some work though, not great) overall I would recommend it.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly, there are a ton of features with PCR that are available and if you take the time to go through and experiment, you will find out how helpful it can really be. Roll ups are very easy to use and they have made some changes that make it easier to sort those as well.

Cons

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review, Jennifer! We're glad to hear that our continual infrastructure upgrades have been improving the speed for you! Hit our ideas and requests forum if you have any suggestions for the product.

Brianna from Exemplar360

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Make it work for your business model

I love the support with PCR, its very easy to get quick answers or to review forms of other user's experience. As I use it more I tend to see how it can work for me to better my daily tasks. I love all the integrations with other software, all leading to metric tracking.

Pros

This is a big platform for holding all the information about your business. I really like how customizable it is, making it unique to your business. The metric tracking dashboard can be customized to what you as an owner or manager need to review with employees, and allows employees to see first hand where they are and where they need to be!

Cons

There is a learning curve with how much stuff can be done with this database. It seems like every day there is something new to learn, it can get overwhelming all the features. But it's just important to utilize the help desk to know what you want, and how to use ONLY what you want. Do not get caught up in every single feature unless you need that.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied December 2019

Thank you so much for the review! We look forward to sharing even more exciting features with you in 2020!

Jacquelyn from SevenStar HR

We made a good purchase

The most important thing to us was allowing our clients to get Indeed Direct unpaid for ads and to allow the customization that each client needed. We found nothing missing from PC Recruiter

Pros

There was not a feature that we wanted that we couldnt have with PC Recruiter. We have used several applicant tracking systems and this is the most robust feature for the money that we found

Cons

Because it has so many pictures which we need for our many different customers the software is more complicated to set up in the beginning. To counter this the customer service and training we received was absolutely fantastic. We were sending customized videos for exactly what we wanted to do we had email Support that was extremely responsive and a dedicated person for us to contact

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied January 2020

Thank you so much for the review, Jacquelyn! Look for even more exciting updates coming this year.

Cory from PLS

Middle of the Road Product

If I was looking for a cost effective ATS for a smaller company, I would purchase PCR again as long as I wasn't going to ask it to do to much.

Pros

I liked the flexibility of PC Recruiter ATS. You need to have better than average computer knowledge to get decent results from the software, but overall, for the price point, it's not terrible. PCR has a built in AD source tracker and support is always willing to provide a pixel for AD sites they do not work with regularly. Candidate tracking is very flexible and search functions are ok, they can be great if you understand how to work with the advanced search features, which takes a little studying.

Cons

CRM. Lacks function and flexibility in the way it's configured the same as the ATS side. It's very difficult to track prospects through a work flow. Canned reports are difficult to set up. Information doesn't transfer from one section of the database to the other, causing you to have to run multiple reports to achieve the desired results.

Vince from SearchPath

PCR over the years

The biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.

Pros

The fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.

Cons

It's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.

Terry from Executive Search, Ltd.

Industry: Medical Devices

Best partner

I run my desk on a daily basis using all the tools that PCRecruiter has for me. It speeds up and hones in on my search process and keeps a perfect record for each activity without having to add several clicks or time. Additionally, the company is open to improvement, enhancement suggestions from their users and they implement a good portion of those requests to make it more functionable for everyone. Once again, PCRecruiter/Main Sequence is a collaborative partner you can count on.

Pros

I have been with PCRecruiter since 2000. Partnering with the company for my ATS system was one of the best business decisions I ever made. The company continues to grow, the software function and features are prenominal. Whether you are a recruiting firm, a staffing firm or a company PCRecruiter can handle all of your ATS requirements. It's not just a database of data. The data is can be measured, monitored, and managed easily with excellent administrative tools. Beyond that from a user standpoint, it is constantly being upgraded to fit the needs, requirements and desires as the industry itself matures in the digital age. Syncing, emails, phone systems, search engines, job boards and beyond. The customer support is AAAA. The techs are friendly, intelligent, know the systems and solve virtually every issue I've ever called about on the first call or ticket submission. The rare times issues were not resolved immediately, they were handled with 48 - 72 hours. I would recommend PCRecruiter/Main Sequence to anyone from a "one man office" to a large corporation. It doesn't matter how small or big your organization, they treat everyone with same professionalism.

Cons

I have thought about this, and there truly is no negative side that I can find from my perspective.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the glowing review, Terry! It's always good to hear that our clients are totally satisfied, and we appreciate your continued business over the years.

Amanda from Julison Sell Search Team

Made by engineers for engineers

I just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros

Fully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.

Cons

It is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.

Jan from ACTION Recruiting

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner

Experiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.

Pros

I have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system. The system has never let me down. The system itself never goes down either. The updates are done late at night. With PCR, I can keep track of all my e-mail communications. I use the PCR mail integrated right there in the system. Emails are automatically linked/attached to each candidate. It's an easy program to learn and there are countless ways to access the information you need. I find PCR to be an intuitive system. When a new version was launched a few years ago, I felt like my suggestions were heard as they were fine-tuning the new edition. I am a successful recruiter because I am efficient on PCRecruiter. When a client needed proof that I submitted a candidate before they hired him, I was able to pull together all the dates, emails and history needed to get paid for the placement. It's a great all-around system and I can't imagine working without it. Mac for life. PCRecruiter for life.

Cons

The scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how different positions look on the system. Just like you can upload a company logo or a candidate's headshot...it would be nice to be able to color code positions with a wrench for a technician role for example, or a dollar sign for a controller job. I am a visual person and would like to make the live roles look different than the jobs that are filled, closed or on hold. Some of the functionality is over my head. But I know that training is available for every feature of the system. All I would have to do is schedule it with representative. She's great. When I used PCRecruiter in my past working for another company, I didn't like how other recruiters could go in and "steal" an active candidate who I was working with, without my permission. I think this issue was due to the fact that 6+ recruiters were competing for the same talent in this shared database and some recruiters lacked integrity and manners. There was also no enforcement of a fair and equitable system to share the database.

Don from United Labor Agency

An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool

Our agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting tools but also an electronic file management system to track data on the job seekers and their activity. PCRecruiter provided all of that and then some with a little help from the MainSequence software development team. Since our use extended beyond the basic focus of the system it took a fair amount of customizing profiles, activities, reports, and related to get it right to where we needed the software to be. Fortunately PCR allows for this. You can customize a large portion of the software to meet your individual needs. The support techs were very helpful in creating our first evolution and we have continued to refine our database since that time. I think I've only stumped the techs once or twice but they eventually uncovered the solution to my issue/question. Once we pioneered the system for our workforce needs, several other partner agencies and employers also picked up on this great tool and began using it when they saw how effective it was with data management. The speed at which we can pull demographic data and get a snapshot of current recruiting patterns is great. Yes, the costs associated can be tough depending on your number of users but this is true for any of the top recruiting/electronic file management systems. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially some of the Admin functions, but once you have the basics down the software becomes very intuitive. Rarely have we found something that we could not get the software to do. Overall, an essential workforce/recruiting software tool to help efficiently maintain information.

Pros

Flexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes customization requires a lot of adjustment to work just depending on what you are trying to do and reporting can be a little confusing until you spend some time on it. We have been using PCR8 still so some of this may have been improved in V9.

July 2015

John from Digital Environment, LLC

July 2015

My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!

Pros

PC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate with clients and candidates, and a robust database that is able to take all the information I need, put it where it is easily accessible, and then be able to get a comprehensive "picture" of what I need to know. I have used other programs and the general attitude of the other vendors is something like this: "Here's what it is . . . here's how it works . . . it's up to you to figure out how you can make this work for your business." Using spreadsheets and Outlook was more efficient than what they offered - which is what I had to use in the past with certain software programs. When it comes to PCRecruiter, it's as if they asked me what I needed and then built a great program . . . and then asked me what my "dream" software would include . . . and then they met and exceeded my expectations. The salesperson asked me a lot of questions and then made sure the software and my eventual training addressed my needs, rather than talking at me about its capabilities. After trying the "best" programs and, frankly, finding no comparison to PCRecruiter, I don't want any of my competition to use it - I like having a clear advantage.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about PCRecruiter. It would be great if they gave the software away for free, but with the price being lower than a lot of their competitors . . . again, I can't complain about anything with PCRecruiter.

PCRecruiter - For REtained Executive Search

It's a great solution for recruiting and marketing.

Pros

This is my 2nd time using PCRecruiter but the 1st time I'm using it as an ower. Value and customer support are very good. I've used other products before and the ease of data entry makes it a go-to product.

Cons

There are some software glitches that need to improve on PCR Capture but overall I'm happy and like that they listen to customer feedback. It would be nice if the training offered more guidance on how to best setup PCRcruiter.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PCR! We're glad you selected us for your business. If you have any questions or suggestions, we're always open to hearing them! Send us an email or visit the Ideas and Requests forum in the helpdesk.

Scott from EHS Hospitality Group

Great software!!!

Pros

After using the same software for 17 years, I was very skeptical about changing. I was pleasantly surprised by the user friendliness of PCR and how easy the change was. The custom-ability is definitely the best part.

Cons

There are a few things I would like changed that are hard programmed where you can't.... but overall we love it.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Scott! Picking up a new software after 17 years is a big shift, so we're glad PCR is doing the job for you now!

Jeremy from Premrose Partners, Inc

Best Applicant Tracking System Out

We have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.

Pros

The loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.

Cons

I would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Jeremy! The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!

John from AVAIL Business Ventures, LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

A fully functional user friendly system!

One of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!

Pros

PCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.

Cons

I don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.

April 2016

Mark from Atarid Specialist Recruiters

April 2016

Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.

Pros

I am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system and internal developers. I first evaluated PCRecruiter (PCR) against several competing products in mid 2008 and found it to be the most versatile for our purpose. The only program of it's type that delivered everything we needed, plus expansion possibilities, was PCRecruiter. Periodically I conduct a similar review for the business and have yet to find a system that offers an advantage over PCRecruiter. In the 8 years since we started using PCRecruiter we have expanded the system with several customized modules which have been possible within the system due to it's flexible architecture. Finally I would like to make special mention of the customer support which has proven to be second to none.

Cons

I don't really have a dislike about the product or vendor. You usually only have dislikes when the service and product are not up to scratch.

Rebecca from Recruiting in Motion

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Good - Depending on What You Need in a Recruitment Software

Overall PCRecruiter is good for managing and organizing data and searching for existing candidates. Search function has much to improve as well as the coding.

Pros

Roll-Ups are easy to manage and organize candidates. Adding new jobs into the system. Easy to input data in an organized format in candidate files

Cons

Search function. You can only search existing candidates that have been registered with our agency. If a candidate applied for your job from another platform (ie: Indeed), you will not be able to search for them in PCR even though their resume was parsed into the system. Need to search in each open job to see new candidates. Lots of candidates also get lost if they are not coded correctly (ie: under the right job title, software skill).

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied July 2019

Hi Rebecca, All candidates that are stored in the PCRecruiter database (even those pushed into the system via Indeed) should be searchable by any words or phrases in their resume or by the fields in their contact info. If you're discovering records that can't be found in a search, it may be an indexing issue on the database. Get in touch with our support team and they'll get it sorted out for you. It's true, however, that coding for your own particular search requirements can help - if the candidate's resume doesn't include the phrase you're looking for, the search engine will not return that record.

Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers

I used PCRecruiter as an employee and then when I started my own company I chose them based on my experience and happiness with the database. I didn't even shop other options as I knew what this could do and wouldn't have any learning curve.

Pros

already had good powerful recruiting tools before they started actively asking for suggestions. They put in a request and suggestions forum and actually listen & prioritize the changes/improvements that we users have asked for. Not 100% of them, but many of them. Their tech support is super responsive and helps with individual problems. Very customizable for how you want to have it work with you and what you want it to show you.

Cons

It's got a LOT of bells and whistles I don't need, but it makes it useful for bigger recruiting organizations with more complex needs than I have as a small recruiting firm. I do wish some of the tasks were a little easier to accomplish with fewer clicks. Once data is in PCR it's harder to manipulate it than if it was , say, in an Excel spreadsheet. I do miss that type of flexibility.

Bryan from AGI

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

PCR got better and better the deeper we got into it.

Our ability to enter, track, contact, and reuse contacts and information has soared. I was very happy with my previous ATS, but they were bought and put on a slow death diet. I am glad we moved to PCR. I wish we had done it earlier. Another thing I like is that PCR is not constantly raising our rates and creating add-ons we have to purchase.

Pros

The integration with Outlook, RingCentral, Monster, CareerBuilder and other outside providers speeds up my pace a lot. The PCR Capture piece makes my researchers much more efficient. They can focus on finding people, instead of wasting time typing in their information.

Cons

We started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose. Wow! Now our tracking, sharing, and efficiency has more than doubled. We've run the numbers.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for your review, Bryan! It's great to hear that PCR has been making things easier at AGI!

Trudy from HI-TEK Dynamics, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Review of PCRecruiter As A Valued Business Tool

Greatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.

Pros

It's functionality allows us to access/retrieve all important candidate/client information [new or archived] in several different ways so that data is never 'lost'. From their basic features to the more granular, PCRecruiter has been an excellent and reliable business tool for us, for almost 14 years!

Cons

After 14 years, the product has only improved and continues to do so, so at this time there aren't any 'negatives' to site.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Trudy! We're glad to head that PCR has been making your job easier for all these years!

Michael from EHS Hospitality

My review

OVerall experience has been good. There is a small learning curve.

Pros

The software integrates files and tracks email.

Cons

The app is minimal features. When I email from PCR, I cannot track that email in my email account. Yet when receiving email, it tracks that. Sometimes the system moves a little slow.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Michael! Regarding email tracking, both sent and received mail should be tracked if things are configured properly. Check in with our training team for troubleshooting.

Nathan from Gruen Search Consultants

Affordable and Functional

Pros

There are a lot of functions available for use in this software, but it's designed in a way that you can choose to use what you want. Nothing we don't use is in our way or makes using the software harder.

Cons

I would like it if the roll ups could be sorted by the quality of the match to a search.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review! If you have any suggestions for the team on how we can improve rollups, check out the Ideas and Requests forum in our helpdesk.

David from Bruce & Associates

Industry: Medical Devices

The recruiter's companion!

I've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.

Cons

I honestly don't have a complaint!

Manny from Staffing and Recruiting

Outstanding value and the features are world class.

Pros

I have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!

Cons

There is not much I don't like as the software is very user-friendly. About the only thing is being able to change the color scheme.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the glowing review, Manny! And we do have alternate color schemes on our "to do" list in the development department.

Lindsey from Intersect

Ideal for recruiting agencies

We are a boutique recruiting firm, and PCRecruiter has enabled us to quickly set up our candidate database. For over 15 years, we have been able to effectively search and organize our candidate and client database.

Pros

15+ years of using PCRecruiter. Ease of use. It has enough features and organizational structure to allow you to create pockets or folders of candidates, but it does not buckle under the weight of having TOO many ways to categorize and organize candidates. When I have questions, I am able to get help from the PCR support team nearly immediately, and their support is thorough.

Cons

For me, the icons which are used for functionality buttons are not as intuitive as they could be. As in, by looking at the button, I don't automatically think of the functionality it represents. On the flip side, I have used PCRecruiter for over 15 years, and though the icons aren't what I would choose, I quickly learned.

John from Hospitality

Honestly

Good experience overall. Search by area code, Keywords, location, makes life easier.

Pros

User friendly, ease of learning, and helpful support to make changes.

Cons

Some time we have to open different versions to do three things at once, Establish a roll up list, create a named letter and do a search.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, John! Yes, multiple windows are sometimes the most effective way to get a task handled - we're working on ways to use screens more efficiently in future updates. We appreciate your feedback!

Linda from Seaboard Physician Search

This software makes the recruiters life much easier. Reminders, pathways to follow to placements, numbers, etc. Searches for existing candidates and jobs are very easy. Tech support is terrific when needed - which isn't very often. Wouldn't be able to do a complete recruiting job if not for PCR

Pros

Been using this software for 15+ years. Absolutely love it - reminds me of everything I need to do during the day, which in recruiting is always difficult to keep up with. Also helped me to obtain fees when companies disputed my timeline on sending them candidates because the notes and activities are so clear. Very easy to use. They keep up with new helpful additions to the software.

Cons

Some of the applications are a bit tedious but then I just don't use them if they aren't absolutely necessary. Everything normally used is terrific. Wish it would match candidates to jobs.

Good Database with some automated functionality; poor CRM

Middle of the road. It does the basic things well and is a good database to store information. Outside of that, there is no CRM functionality and isn't super useful from a sales, sales tracking, leads or reporting perspective.

Pros

The best features of PCR are the "roll ups". The software seems to be built around the roll ups and they provide a lot of functionality, some automation and decent organization ability.

Cons

It lacks a true CRM feature. The reporting is not great. Every name entered into the system is a candidate. There is no delineation between candidates and company contacts which creates problems.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied June 2019

Candidates and Contacts are delineated by the 'Status' field in PCR... a name can be a candidate or a contact depending on that setting. This facilitates situations where someone is hired at a company and then becomes a hiring contact there and allows for fluid movement between statuses without creating duplicate records.

Steven from TYGES International

PCRecruiter is as good as it gets but it can always be better.

PCRecruiter is a great tool and has been invaluable to me as a 15 year veteran of the recruitment industry. My overall experience with the software has been excellent. I'd recommend it to any recruiting firm, large or small.

Pros

PCRecruiter's interface design and ease of use helps our firm get new recruiters up and running quickly with a minimal amount of software related training. In addition it let's our firm of 25+ recruiters work collaboratively across 100's of ongoing searches.

Cons

PCRecruiter's search functionality is good but it could be so much better. If I could do it all over I would recommend we create standard fields for things like Education, Industry Experience and also Titles. This would allow us to search within PCR without being so keyword dependent.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Steven! We're glad the system is helping your company to stay organized!

Tim from Black River Ventures Corp

Never have to worry

One of the most important benefits is consistency. In 5+ years of using PCR, we've never had any downtime. This was such a huge improvement from our old ATS systems that would go down for hours at a time throughout the year. The next biggest benefit is constant improvement. Especially with integrated systems like LinkedIn. I never need to contact PCR to let them know something has changed and their system needs to be updated. They are on top of it and updates usually come within 24 hours.

Pros

PCR is highly configurable so you can set it up to match the way you work. The integration with other systems - especially LinkedIn capture is a great asset. Good support in getting things set-up. You own your data and have easy access to it if there is ever a need for a back-up or to change systems.

Cons

Very minor issue - could have better sales call tracking with visual follow-up lists.

Greg from Shine Recruitment

Very happy with PCRecruiter

Overall, very good. Initial time setting everything off pays off in great time-saving later for the team.

Pros

Usability - the automation of the system is great. Spend the time setting things up and you won't regret it. Move the candidates through the process (Drag and drop) and relevant messages are sent out. Outlook connector is a great integration for communication tracking. Support are very responsive.

Cons

Initial setup takes significant time (for one person) when transferring from a bespoke system. Not completely unexpected, but was surprised it was so difficult to set up the system the way we wanted it in the test environment, and then wanted to transfer over live (most recent) data. Worked out in the end, but it was different from they way I thought the process would go.

Barbara from AP Professionals of WNY

Solid ATS product

We have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. We do not use the system to its full capability. I do believe we could get much more out of the system than we currently do. I am surprised that our account rep does not try to get us to do more!

Pros

PCRecruiter is user friendly and has a good price point.

Cons

When we created customized fields, we did not realized that they were not "smart." They are not as useful as the built in fields.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barbara! We'd be interested in hearing more about your ideas for smarter custom fields - visit the Ideas & Requests forum on our helpdesk to make a suggestion if you haven't done so!

Tania from The Healthcare Initiative

PCR, the software for the I.T. junky and the average day person!

Pros

I like how you can capture information from other sites LinkedIn and resumes vs having to manually enter names, employer, title, contact information etc. I also like all the reporting features for tracking metrics and that all emails, as long as the contact is in PCR, will be linked to the appropriate record. This makes searching for prior conversations very easy.

Cons

Prior to PCR we had a very simple software, so the hardest part for our team was learning all the amazing, time saving features available with PCR as well as the best workflow process and keeping the daily activity levels up. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time upfront to make sure you are utilizing the software to the best of its ability for your business.

James from The CSP Group

Big improvement from previous version but . . .

It's a time saver, helps me stay organized, and ultimately helps me put together more deals! It is also affordable and priced correctly.

Pros

Everything about it is a time saver designed so that you don't have to go back and forth from PCR to LinkedIn, which is fantastic. Huge improvement overall but . . .

Cons

The only problem I noticed with this version was that - despite what the training video says - it does not give you the option of adding a name to a rollup "on the fly". Instead, you have to designate the rollup in the default settings. The video specifically mentions that this is not the case anymore, but I just downloaded this latest version 5 minutes ago and there's no option to choose a rollup on the fly. I imagine that will be fixed soon, however, and when it is it will be perfect.

Dawn from AP Professionals WNY

PCRecruiter Reveiw

Overall it is a very helpful tool that allows everyone in our office access to our database so we aren't double and triple calling clients or candidates.

Pros

I like the roll ups. This is such a great way to manage your candidates.

Cons

I do find that some of the things that we use it for, for example making a job order or refining a search, does seem to require several steps. This may be something that we can streamline but our company hasn't moved forward with that yet.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks Dawn! Glad to hear that PCR is helpful to your company. We're always striving for ways to reduce steps - check in with our training team and they may be able to help find shortcuts for you through templates or other features.

Justin from SCN

Industry: Machinery

Excellent Recruiting Tool

PCRecruiter has been a great partner to help our firm grow to where we are today. Anytime we've had an issue, they are quick to respond and find a resolution. They continue to keep us updated.

Pros

The ability to customize profiles and the user interface is amazing. The PCR team is constantly updating the system and making it better with each update. Very user friendly and the support staff is very responsive.

Cons

Nothing in particular. I suppose it could look a little 'sexier' or have the ability to change color schemes for personal preference. In terms of functionality, there isn't much that I would change.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Justin! Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about our future releases, as there will be more 'sex appeal' to the interface coming down the road for sure.

Lauren from LifeWork Search

Great Software for Recruiting

I've had a great experience so far with PCR and anything that hasn't been going well or any issues we face, support is there for fixing and they're always taking suggestions on how to enhance.

Pros

What I like most about PCR is the ability to customize it to your needs. You have the ability to customize dashboards and add/remove fields, making organization great for a database that holds so much information.

Cons

There's not something I dislike about the software, but it does require some training to get used to- especially for admin (like anything else) but once you get used to it it's pretty simple and support is always there to help!

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much for the review, Lauren! We're glad to hear that the system is getting the job done and that our team is supporting you well.

Eric from TYGES International

Good Software for your recruiting needs

Overall, I've been using PCR for nearly 15 years. We use it as both our ATS and a CRM. It tracks all of our daily, weekly, monthly metrics for interviews and candidate/client activity.

Pros

I like that you are able to configure your own custom fields to go along with the standard fields that all recruiters will use. Also, the integrations with other platforms are great.

Cons

The thing that I like least is the relative "slowness" to get anything changed or addressed. I had one support ticket open for over 7-8 months on something that they broke with an update.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review, Eric! We're always working to improve our development processes and are handling open issues at a much greater speed than ever before - although some issues may be more complex to solve than others.

Steve from Dana Kowen Associates LLC

User Feedback for PCR - Very Positive

My overall experience is very favorable. I continually review this software against other products including those that are more expensive and this remains my preferred solution. While others may appear more slick, feature for feature I have yet to find software in this price range that I prefer. Customer support and training are without equal.

Pros

* PCR has the best support team I have encountered in IT * Training is always readily available * Excellent uptime - System has not been down since we have gone live * Feature-rich - capable of all needed recruiting functions * Open API well documented - helpful business partners

Cons

* System still has a somewhat windows legacy navigation feel about it * Could do with some improvements in reporting * Lacks Javier API

Gregory from Infinity

A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting

Setting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use.

Pros

Once PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.

Cons

The interface is a little dated. I believe they are working on updates though. If you hire them to create custom forms or applications, it feels like you get a contractor who may not know what they should. Their other support staff are great though. The in program email system could use some work. Setting the system up to pass through Office365 exchange servers with a generic email account, didn't work out. We ended up spinning our own exchange server to handle it.

Phil from Chandler Recruiter Services, Inc

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great software for what I do

I use it as my go to CRM package with auto dialing

Pros

Ease of use. Can have multiple instances and never misses a beat.

Cons

Integration with certain tools like ZoomInfo and Lusha are troublesome at times.

User Friendly and Reasonably Priced!

Overall PCRecruiter has given me a good place to keep track of my companies and candidates, and it's user-friendliness have allowed me to train employees in a short period of time.

Pros

It's easy to use and there are many search options that allow you to find companies and names easily.

Cons

Some search capabilities, such as duplicate name or company search, could be much better. They also NEED to install an option to customize the layout, like PCR 8 used to offer. The "standard" layout they require you to use does not fit my needs.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the review! The layouts on most screens can be customized (particularly the main name, company, and job records). If you need assistance with the customization, reach out to our support team and they'll be glad to work it out with you!

It's What We Needed!

Coming from a Resumate program (cue prehistoric dinosaur sounds), this is SO much better than what we were using. There are some problems, and online documentation is definitely NOT as good as it could be. That said, we've really enjoyed using PCRecruiter, and have had good customer service from Sales and some of the other customer service people.

Pros

Probably the best feature for me is that it can be customized/modified for ease of use. I'm sure not two companies work exactly the same way, and the database(s) are modifiable so that you may capture important information overall and metrics that are important to YOU.

Cons

The more advanced functions are not as user-friendly as I would like them to be. Also, our training was less than optimal.

Kristin from EHS Hospitality

PCR - from a recruiter...

I have used many systems and I do think PCR is comparable to some of the bigger software systems out there.

Pros

I love that I can use it through the Microsoft "portal" and not have to switch from one program to the next! Here are other pro's: Importing resumes is easy Lots of fields to organize information Searches are easy

Cons

I don't love the way resumes convert in PCR. I often have trouble editing them. Also, some resumes are easy to import and others are not. Other cons: Duplicates are too easily put in the system The cell phone system is very limited - you really can't do much from your phone Roll ups - mail merges - are not easy

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Kristin! Regarding your concerns, you may want to visit our Ideas & Requests forum to make your thoughts known on how we can help you avoid duplicates or what you'd like to see added to future mobile app updates.

Aya from Alliance Personnel Inc.

Great ATS!

All experience using PCR so far is great! PCR is a very nice program, company, and staff! The call center is helpful as well. It is so worth to use it at our company.

Pros

I use PCR every day. Always PCR catches up the trend of technology and has new features. Once you learn how to use it, it is very easy and friendly to use. I also like the training system. When we request training at our site, a trainer comes to our office. The trainer is always very friendly and knowledgeable. After the training, always he follows up with our questions as well. Great service!

Cons

There are so many features. It is probably a great thing, but it is hard to catch up with new features of technologies.