Shiftboard Reviews

4.38 / 5 (229) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 5 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Secure and user friendly. Great value. Excellent customer support and service"

• "I love the fact that I can send a broadcast to my team members to let them know that an upcoming shift needs coverage. Plus, it is so easy to maneuver!"

• "I like how you can contact support with ease and the speed at which support gets back to you. I also like the interface. It is interactive and the colors make using shiftboard easy and enjoyable. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes the detailed side of options gets finicky but customer support is great."

• "While Shiftboard is great there are times when I get reports of shifts not being added correctly causing teammates to miss the shift they did not know was scheduled. "

• "The style of the page layouts seem very boxy. I would like to see a move viewer friendly page so that the site doesn't feel as clunky."

Browse Shiftboard Reviews

Chris from Security Industry Specialists, Inc.

Fantastic Software!

Pros

I like the various search perimeters for report running. This is a great user friendly system that's easy to teach.

Cons

The Salesforce.com customer base is predominantly B2B. The CRM software is not nearly as well oriented to the B2C industry.Surprisingly, Salesforce.com generally doesnt provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA) for its cloud service unless the customer requests and negotiates it. Even then, SLAs are inconsistent from customer to customer and fall below uptime guarantees of primary SaaS CRM competitors.

Alexander from G4S

Industry: Security and Investigations

Adequate, but has room for improvement.

Overall, it is a passable scheduling tool. Having worked with Deputy previously, I am finding the overall user experience somewhat disappointing. Since the program is not integrating with our payroll system at this time, I am reviewing it solely on the grounds of it's use as a tool for communicating schedules to my staff, and keeping track of who I have working. In this respect it is just adequate. If changes to shift dates/times/employees are made on short notice, the available schedule visualizations and inelegant user interface make it more frustrating and time consuming to change or delete a shift than it is worth, and the lack of an effective visual representation of the schedule from the employee side means it isn't used as often as I'd like. I often end up using text messages and email to communicate changes instead. Their willingness to work with my company's billing (Net 60) is greatly appreciated, and this flexibility should be a major selling point for larger organizations.

Pros

- Cost effective. - Shiftboard accounts receivable is willing to work with you on billing times. - Good array of features and tools. - Very good features for bulk assignments and automated help generating a schedule. (Good for large organizations or new sites needing a schedule generated.)

Cons

- Visualizations available for the calendar leave something to be desired. - Interface and controls are not the most user friendly I've seen. - Help documentation and live customer assistance is disappointing or non-existent. - Glitches and uncooperative UI elements have occurred more often than I'm used to.

June 2016

Jeff from Achates Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

June 2016

Bad Bad Service

The system is complicated and the customer service is very poor. We were scheduled 30 minutes of training. Our trainer literally had to cut off at 30 minutes. Turned out that the system could not accommodate a California seven day in a row overtime prevention, although we were told that it could handle those needs when we initially called about the service. In fact, that was the only reason we were interested in changing our scheduling system. I was upset by the lack of willingness by the sales rep to return calls or try to make this right. We were charged $105.00 for a system we cancelled in 18 days from the initial purchase. The training was a joke, the service was poor and the product did not meet our needs. Better customer service is needed.

Pros

It's cheap.

Cons

Complicated. Learning curve is steep and I am well versed in PHP script, Joomla, Wordpress and other database software. Cannot effectively staff a large business with 30 minutes of training. Poor customer service and return policy.

Response from Shiftboard

Replied July 2016

Hi Jeff ¿ Thank you for your message. We regret the difficulties you experienced and that the system workarounds we provided did not support the overtime prevention process, as you would have expected. Our billing department has confirmed that you did receive a full refund, as it is never our intention to misrepresent the capabilities of our product. We greatly appreciated the opportunity to work with you and hope that as our product evolves we might be able to better support you in the future. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do. Thank you.

Steven from The Patriot Brass Ensemble

Industry: Music

A great value, an irreplaceable tool for our organization.

It really organizes our musicians extremely well, we have very little confusion now.

Pros

This helps us organize all of our contractors and employees. It gets them all onboard pretty easy and has a lot of powerful tools that have made running our organization much easier. We tried a LOT of different products and this one was the only one that really met all our needs to get everyone scheduled and organized, it is an amazing value for the price they charge us.

Cons

I wish it was easier to sync with 3rd party apps. The good part is making a .csv of data is super fast and easy but I would still like to see it play nice with other products.

Jessie from ThirdLove

Seamless and easy

I have had great experiences with Shiftboard, its super helpful and I'm so glad that my company chose it as it's scheduling software.

Pros

I use this software daily, you can choose to view the week, then click on individual days to see what your schedule is for the day. The software is so simple and straightforward regarding scheduling. Within the main menu you can see: teams, calendar and opportunity (news) You can see what line of support you are scheduled for, when your breaks are at and when you have specific time off to catch up on daily tasks. You then have the option to print it out, download it and connect it to your Google Calendar, Outlook or other iCal compatible calendar tools.

Cons

I truly have never had any issues with this software. I have no dislikes about the software. Working for a company that has your schedule planned out and updates it quickly is such a relief. I previously worked for a financial institution and my schedule was so disorganized. Its great being able to access the Shiftboard at work/home and see what you need to know to be prepared for your shift.

Pilly from FULL Creative

Shiftboard is easy to use and super efficient.

I enjoy the simplicity of being able to search my teammates shifts and confirm the hours they have scheduled every week. Shiftboard is was to use and navigate through.

Pros

I really enjoy the easy access and the ability to add shifts for my Teammates like study Halls and Meeting s. Shiftboard notifies you of any errors if you are scheduling a shift for a date that is passed.

Jared from Living Resources Corporation

I have had a very positive experience.

Pros

The team at shiftboard has great communication and has been able to customize shiftboard to our needs.

Cons

My managers would like to print month views of their calendar. The current month view print out doesn't meet our needs, but they are actively in development to improve this.

Brenda from Friends of the San Francisco Public Library

Shiftboard is great! It has really helped my ability to organize and recruit volunteers.

Pros

I like the various ways you can use the software. It is also fairly simple on the front end, so users can figure it out fairly quickly. I also like the time keeping feature.

Cons

The back end can be a little confusing, as in trying to pull reports and the fact that you can't add more than one team to a shift is limiting. Also the timeclock feature is great but I wish it wouldn't be based on numerical values and instead on names.

Trina from FULL Creative

We use shift board to allow our agent to chose their hours.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and its easy to teach other how to use it as well. I teach new users each week how to use shift board.

Cons

I would suggest adding a running timer to either the top right or left side of the screen, that way we dont have to stop scheduling to see how many hours we have confirmed. With a running timer it would just showyou that you have already scheduled 30 hours. Just an idea.

Bri from Northern Arizona University

Helpful for scheduling

Shiftboard is extremely helpful for scheduling people, especially with larger groups where people might be scheduled in many different locations. Shiftboard has helped us with efficiency in scheduling and ability to easily make changes to shifts, people assigned, etc. when needed.

Pros

-there is both a website and an app -ability to sort by person scheduled, location, etc.

Cons

-not very visually good looking- would look nicer if blocks of shifts were put into a grid to matchthe time of shift along each column -app can be difficult to navigate

Ashley from Loveless Events

Decent Functionality

The software was just what I was looking for in that it lets my staff opt in to events. The tech support is friendly and fast but doesn’t always have a definitive answer for you. The mobile app turned out to be a great bonus though I wish it had more of the features available for the desktop version. Overall, I’m very happy with the software and would purchase again in a heartbeat.

Pros

This is the only scheduling software I’ve found that lets employees opt into a shift instead of filling out their availability every week. I work in a catering business so we don’t have consistent work for our servers. They all have school or other jobs to work around their schedule with us. Some of them only work with us twice a month so asking them to keep an updated calendar of their availability is unrealistic. This software lets me post all the shifts and have servers sign up for the ones they want. It’s very helpful. Shiftboard does also have the ability to let staff fill in availability and have management work off that, however. I also appreciate that I can include notes about the shift and addresses for when we do offsites. The software also lets me divide servers into teams so that they see only the shifts they are eligible for.

Cons

It’s not the most aesthetically pleasing site and takes a while to adjust to the layout, but once you get used to it, it’s fine. The biggest issues I find is that you can’t export your sign up lists. When I have 40 events in a month, I’d like to print out a list of who signed up for what and work from there, but I have to go shift by shift, typing the results in an Excel sheet instead. Also, there isn’t a way to track who did what change in the system. When I’ve had issues in the past that may have been from a software glitch, they can’t give me an answer as to who changed what and when.

Shifts and rotas without the drama!

Overall, we have found Shiftboard to be an incredibly good fit for our non-standard shift scheduling; online rotas are praised by our users for easy access when on-the-move, we find reporting through the exporting of CSV files useful, and it has allowed us to get rid of older overlapping systems that we previously used for shift tracking.

Pros

Shiftboard allows our casual staff members access to shifts via an online portal, which is especially useful as these staff are very rarely in building (unless on-shift). Users report that it is helpful to be able to access shift scheduling through a web browser On the rare occasion we have needed to contact support they have been very responsive and have answered our queries, and we have found it incredibly useful to be able to pull data out via CSV file for input into other systems that we run (although reporting could be further improved upon). Adding information that lives in other systems to casual staff individual user profiles means we have been able to decommission several systems that have previously been used to handle staff shifts for our employees. Users can be added to teams and groups to make administration easier.

Cons

From a user’s perspective based on feedback we’ve had, the web-based UI isn’t the most intuitive or clean-looking – I'm not sure how it fares compared to competitor systems but it could do with updating to a more modern look which would improve usability. Another point raised when receiving feedback from users was that it can seem a bit of a steep learning curve for new staff, but we have started to provide documentation and training for internal use so this is no longer an issue for us.

Rick from Woodson YMCA

Review from Woodson YMCA

I can't speak enough about Shiftboard and the amount of time and energy that the software has saved myself and other managers. I have no qualms about promoting the product to other departments and facilities.

Pros

I love how the product is able to track certifications. The trade board function has saves me a lot of time and energy. The document function and linking of certification to profile type has also saves time and paper. I really like that I can now create a schedule and not publish it until I am finished. Schedules we create are often in motion until publication. I like that staff are no longer receiving messages until the schedule is completed.

Cons

To send a message to team members I can either send to 1 or broadcast to all. It would be nice if there was the ability do a check box of multiple members to whom the message could be sent. That way those who we know are neither available or in need of the information will get the message.

Online rotas made easy

Allows us to easily rota 500+ staff members

Pros

Producing rotas/schedules for 500+ staff members across multiple teams is no easy challenge. Especially with complex rules and specifications for each of those teams, so the fact that shiftboard even comes close to achieving these results is impressive. The software is simple and easy to use, particularly for the end users who'll probably appreciate this more than the management who need to implement it. Has been running for around 5 years now with no significant issues in that time, so again really impressive.

Cons

The reporting can be a little clunky and that's really the only thing that lets this down. Having said that, support staff are very receptive and willing to work with you to produce something bespoke, but feel like this is the one area that could be improved upon to make this truly fantastic.

Shiftboard has a steep learning curve, but is an incredibly powerful tool

Significant reduction in overlapping systems. One-stop-shop for lots of scheduling/program needs. A simple way to remind staff of their shifts and inform them of changes.

Pros

It has eliminated many other systems and brought them into one place. It can handle the customization that we need as we operate a less-than-normal staffing system (some seasonal staff, some permanent; some overlapping shifts, some week-long programs, etc.). The team at Shiftboard has been very responsive to our requests and needs, which is very important. Given time, I'm optimistic that its reporting abilities will be very useful for anticipating and hiring for future needs. Coming from a world of dozens of complex, non-communicating spreadsheets, it's great to have everything in one place!

Cons

It has a steep learning curve, so be prepared to practice, experiment, and be trained. They also have not yet implemented shift-linking, so my week-long programs all staffed by the same person can't be treated as one connected system. This means that bulk changes are difficult if we've noticed an issue, and it means that the initial shift setup is quite time consuming. I wish that the month-long view could be customized to give me more of the information I want, or that we could view data for a 2-week stretch. It's hard to get a birds-eye view of our programming with the systems they have in place. I'll add that we're relatively new to Shiftboard, and working out the kinks is a part of the process.

Shiftboard is a powerful, albeit clunky, tool for scheduling staff and volunteers

A couple of the events I currently work on used to use Shiftboard to schedule and communicate with large volunteer groups. While it definitely accomplished all the tasks we needed, the interface is dated and there are better tools available for less money.

Pros

Shiftboard is a feature-heavy scheduling tool that, in the right hands, can streamline scheduling and staffing processes immensely for managers. Feature highlights include: - Bulk adding tools allow managers to work with large groups of staff at once if need be - Flexible reporting tools that allow you to easily manipulate data (their reports are the feature I miss most) - Customer service team is receptive to changes and helpful in troubleshooting issues - Shift swapping and empty shift features allows staff to easily manage their own schedules

Cons

My biggest complaint about Shiftboard when it was our primary scheduling software was that it felt clunky and dated. - Price point is a good bit higher than competing systems - Steep learning curve for new users - easy to be overwhelmed by features and a crowded dashboard - Can be slow and/or cumbersome to accomplish repetitive tasks. - Interface is dated and looks like it's out of the mid-2000s

Joe from CRR

Shiftboard makes scheduling easy

In event staffing things change quickly and having a scheduling software that was easy to use was a must. Most solutions in the scheduling space to not compare to Shiftboard on the ability to change time/location/uniform/client/event details all from your phone. Currently I manage a staff list of over 500 and I could not it without Shiftboard.

Pros

Straightforward -- Even though there are help FAQs and videos, they are not needed, the interface is self explanatory. Reporting -- They will customize reports for you but the basic reports export to PDF or Excel for easy editing. Cost -- Only billing on actually scheduled versus active makes this perfect for companies with seasonal schedules

Cons

A little cleaning up of the interface and some "right click" improvements would be welcome

A near perfect site for coordinating shifts and people

A flawless solution for matching volunteers to gigs! I can count on Shiftboard to work everytime, to sign up for shifts, remind me of shifts, give me credit for the shifts I've completed, and to cancel when I have to.

Pros

In my experience, it is the best software for letting people sign up for shifts and for the venue to reach out for volunteers. I have been using it as a volunteer for about three years and have never encountered a glitch. It is extremely versatile and robust. It's easy to assign people to different teams and levels (regular team and gold team for VIP volunteers, for example).

Cons

If I have to answer what I like least, I'd say it's that there is a bit of learning curve to discover all of the features it makes possible. But that's mostly because it will do so much more than the basic.

Shiftboard transformed our organization's personnel scheduling system!

Ease of scheduling staff, ease of signing up for shifts by employees, organization of shift calendar that is accessible to all employees

Pros

Once you have a chance to work with it, it makes staffing a breeze. The customer service is fantastic and receptive to all questions. Our multi-generational personnel can all participate in the scheduling process, and different positions have access to different levels of involvement within that process. Prior to the adoption of Shiftboard for our organization, we used pen and paper to have over 100 employees sign up for various shifts. If pencil was used, staff would sometimes erase someone's shift and sign up in their place. It was a mess. Now everyone can plan their schedules from the comfort of their own home.

Christa from SMF

I use the program to manage hundreds of employees

The catalog of all of the past and present employees. There are many people over the 12 years of my management that I have lost track of but this tool helps to jog my memory and helps my team keep track of why or why not we want to have them back. We are an employer that employs most of our team for only 2 months a year, so this type of management is crucial for us.

Pros

I like the ability to look up my employees easily, check their teams and the profile piece is very thorough.

Cons

**When I can't copy and paste a name in the search field.** When I make a mistake in the name and have to delete it and the search field kicks me out and I have to click on it again to type in the name. This doesn't seem like a big problem, but when you are dealing with hundreds of people, it is an annoyance on the regular.

Rowillie from Yale University

Industry: Libraries

Shiftboard has made scheduling and timecard keeping so much easier for my team.

Ease of scheduling for me as the hiring supervisor and for my staff to schedule themselves within the parameters our department sets.

Pros

-The ease of scheduling and duplicating set schedules -Being able to tracker my staff's hours -Posting empty shifts for staff to pick up when they have sporadic availability -Ease of trading shifts

Cons

The UI changed sometime ago where in the weekly view that day's shifts aren't differentiated from the rest of the week. So if I wanted to see the full week schedule but also wanted to focus on the current day's shifts without going through the steps of filtering it, I no longer have that function. Also the color scheme is sometimes hard on the eyes.

August 2016

Robert from Game Time Vendors, Inc.

Major Advantage

I have used Shiftboard for 3 years and it has transformed my business. We are able to give staff the luxury of choosing their own shifts. When anyone asks what time is this or that. I can simply point them to shiftboard. This has helped me retain people, keep people happy and recruit better people. Before shiftboard we struggled to keep everyone up to date on late news and updates. Shiftboard allows me to categorize our teams and make specific announcements to them. I can also run reports, send texts and so much more.

Pros

Flexibility, customization

Cons

Having to email support to make changes to my "on boarding" page.

Lowanda from City Schools of Decatur

Pupil Transportation

In pupil transportation, for drivers to accept and decline trips was manually done and shift board solved the problem. Making the hours even across the driver's pool was also difficult and shift board solved that problem. The system is great for transportation because of all of the features it has. The customer service has also improved a great deal since we have had the service. I would like the clock-in/ out and reports feature to improve. The great thing is we were still able to use the timeclock feature.

Pros

The shifts are easy to add and assign. It also calculates the total of hours.

Cons

The decline does not change colors. The clock in and out feature calculations can be confusing instead of being very simple.

M from Audio Visual Labor Management

Decent

We are kind of stuck with it because our employees are all learning to use it but we still have to do a lot more communication with them because SB is not user friendly. We are also constantly reaching out for support because your support team can only do one thing at a time. We can't cover multiple issues with one person or call

Pros

It eventually does what we need it to do.

Cons

Not very user friendly. To cater it to our needs we have to keep creating different teams or groups and it takes a lot of time since we have 300 employees that all fit into several different groups. The texting feature is too expensive and what was told to me in the beginning is not what is being charged

Richard from Victory Views (formerly Varsity Views)

Industry: Photography

Decent software to use; could use some improvements.

It does allow me to keep a calendar of my photography schedule for Victory Views, usually in an easy to use fashion.

Pros

Overall, it is fairly easy to use, once you get it set up. It it usually quick to update in most cases.

Cons

It is confusing sometimes, especially when I add want to add new schools to make appointments for. I have filters of some sort set up, with a list of schools that I somehow set up some time ago. If I am offered a game to shoot photos at, for a team I do not have in that list, I always forget that I need to add that team to the list in my filter so I can see the schedule. It's not easy to see where you need to add it...you add it in "People." Because I don't update that list of schools, I usually forget to do so when a new school appears. Also, there does seem to be some sort of a bug when I download the schedule to my Outlook calendar. It's kind of hard to describe what I see, but, basically, the problem is is that the calendar does not download.

Gregory from Seattle Center

Very easy to use. Nice system

Having everything time stamped so there is no more he said/she said.

Pros

Shiftboard is so easy to set up shifts and change them is necessary as the need arises. This makes scheduling a breeze.

Cons

Wish is had a location exclusion feature so that if there was one location I did not want to schedule for but needed to see all the others it would make my job even simpler. Also it would be nice to see a sort done by length of shifts so that scheduling would not violate any union rules. It is a little clunky to be toggling between locations to find the longest hours for staff when I have couple of hundred shifts to fill.

Harry from University at Buffalo

Web based scheduling calendar

Vast improvement over our old system. And I like that different supervisors can change things.

Pros

I like the fact there are multiple platforms to view the program. I can easily check to see when my next shift is from many places. And my supervisor can schedule me and I can schedule myself. It's easily user definable.

Cons

The filters and views don't save. I have to re-filter every time I open the program. I wish the color scheme could be changed. We have a green/red colorblind person who has trouble reading sometimes.

Conveniently Simple

Pros

I like the fact that paper is obsolete, people have the information exactly when they need and can request time off from their kitchen table, when their are with their families and don't have to wait until the Human Resource Office opens on Monday Morning.

Cons

I wish I would integrate with a physical time clock that we use at our particular site. I wish it had a dialer function. That would call people with their schedule and record whether the person actually picked up or if it went to voicemail.

Letty from Full Creative

Shift Board is a great program for shifts. The ease to access, change and add are very user-friendly

Pros

My favorite thing about Shift Board is that it is very user-friendly. Figuring out the different reports and how to's is significantly easy. The necessary steps are easily identifiable. Thank you!

Cons

The picking of shifts could be made easier by being able to select perhaps, all the desired shifts for a day at a time instead of a shift at a time. It would be nice to be able to breakdown shifts into smaller slots automatically when returned to available status to facilitate the pick-up of the same.

September 2016

James from Chagrin Doc. Film Fest.

September 2016

A different festival

We have a diversified group of volunteers and I would expect some to have trouble logging in but almost all of our volunteers have trouble. Some have threatened to quit if they had to use the system

Pros

I like the ability to schedule people.

Cons

Very hard to log into. 80% of our volunteers have failed. Many screens do not take you back to where you were but make you start over for example you are in persons file and add a team membership you have to find that person again to get back ti him. The emails are screwed up if they are opened on Outlook. The availability screen is not by hours. The settings screen is much to complicated. Should be broken down in more identifiable categories and I have no idea what many of the questions mean.

Response from Shiftboard

Replied September 2016

Hi James ¿ Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences. We¿re sorry to hear you and your team are having difficulty with Shiftboard. A member of our Customer Success Team will reach out to you shortly to help work through these items. Also, we are in the midst of a significant upgrade to the look-and-feel and usability of Shiftboard. An initial release of these improvements recently became available and your site is scheduled to be upgraded in October. Our team will discuss those changes with you and you can determine if you¿d like to upgrade sooner. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do. Thank you.

Staffing Made Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

I am using Shiftboard to see the shift that I'll be working on for the week. No need to bother the higher ups. Plus in cases of having open shifts because someone has to be out, we get to fill them immediately.

Pros

Cons

The interface is kind of a bit confusing. It takes a little of getting used to it before you can fully enjoy the features that it offers.

Brenda from Full Creative

I truly enjoy the software. It makes the self-scheduling process very easy.

I am able to schedule myself and view my schedule on the go.

Pros

I love that I am able to see it on the go on the application. I also love that is up to the minute. If an employee modifies their schedule you can see it in real time (after updating.) You are also able to trade shifts without asking anyone.

Cons

I would prefer having an option to remove some of the departments while I am scheduling myself for my department. It would simplify the process and speed it up for me.

July 2009

Justin from Michigan State University

July 2009

Use of Shiftboard in an Academic Setting Provides Ease and Accuracy in Laboratory Scheduling

For anyone attempting to organize a large group of people into smaller, more personal groups, Shiftboard is an ideal method of doing so. It's entirely online, easy to use (both from an administrator and a user perspective) and the support staff has always been readily available and receptive to any functional suggestions you may have.

Pros

This website provides a number of distinct advantages for scheduling unique events, lectures and laboratories in the large scale academic environment (500+). Of substantial importance is the ability to provide equal access and availability to events that are constrained by finite resources. Through the creation of distinct "time slots" that LIMIT the number of participants, Shiftboard delivers on this like nothing else I've encountered. By empowering students (i.e. the users) to view event availability as well as requiring them to schedule their own session time, Shiftboard places the assurance of participation directly on the user's shoulders. Likewise, Shiftboard provides near fail-safe mechanisms to ensure participation through automatic reminder and confirmatory emails, as well as the ability to monitor and control all site activity and content.

Cons

If there's one thing I would like to see, it would be the ability to LIMIT the user's capacity to sign up for multiple events that are similar in content type. Thus, should users miss their assigned time rescheduling would require contact with the site administrator.

Carrie from OSU Extension Service Master Gardeners

We love Shiftboard!

We use this software for scheduling volunteers for a non-profit. Most of our volunteers are retirees, and many don't have much computer experience. This software is VERY user friendly, both for the volunteers, and for myself as an admin to get things set up. If we ever have questions, help is just a phone call away-on the same coast! I get emails from the company, just checking in. I've never dealt with a company with such great follow-through! Thank you!

Pros

User friendly, simple, lots of different options

Cons

Nothing, actually!

Debbie from WCS

Easy

Ease of broadcasted information and broadcasting information for signing up.

Pros

I use the History capture to review schedules and pay periods. I also like the interface between the events posted scheduling and private Calendar use. The ease of scheduling and picking up shifts is one of the most useful tools in the industry.

Cons

Occasionally the ability to use the site on a mobile versus PC is not as reliable. Overall I believe this site is very comprehensive.

Heather from CCM/The Medicine Shoppe

So far, I have had no issues with the Shiftboard software or technical support.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and that I can schedule my staff in multiple locations easily. It is also nice that I can set a store up with a schedule one year at at a time so that all my staff has to do is choose who is working.

Cons

I wish that if I need to delete someone's shift that I can do it from the shared view. It is time consuming to have to go back to shift view to delete and then back to shared view so that I can print off a copy.

Ray from Erie County Convention Center Authority

First and Only

Our organization was stuck in the paper and pencil age. Everyone would submit for the events they wanted to work and the supervisor would have to sort everything and everyone out. We did a demo of a competitor but it would not work for the varied shifts and last minute changes and additions that we have. Once we looked at Shiftboard we were sold that this is the best and easiest for the organization. With most managers buy-in we made the plunge and the results have been fantastic. There are some hold outs but when we show them the advantages and different ways they can input a schedule the results speak for themselves.

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to specialize how the scheduling is done based upon the managers wants and needs.

Kristina from The Reset Team

Pleasure to use.

Pros

I like the ease of use for this software, its very user friendly and easy to teach to anyone. We use it daily for our employees and even the ones that struggle with computers are able to use Shiftboard. Also the support team is amazing and is always easy to reach.

Cons

At the moment I like the financial report the least because of the overtime structure that doesn't capture the daily overtime according to the provincial rules.

Alex from Spear Security

Great product, makes scheduling easier to track and more efficient.

Pros

I like having the ability to be able to see all of the schedule in one place anywhere with internet access. Also being able to see all of our open slots makes it more efficient for the scheduler.

Cons

The software still has a ways to go to become more user friendly. Certain things such as automatically making Holidays overtime, adding schedules, adjusting for daylight savings are either difficult or non existent features

Danielle from Harvest Productions

Shiftboard

Shiftboard helps ease our scheduling of our live event production techs. We have many pieces moving each day with live events and concerts and we can really get detailed in the posting information we need to share with our staff. We use multiple headliners with multiple positions each day and it is clear and easy to understand.

Pros

It's easy for a bulk upload of multiple positions across different call times and locations.

Lydia from LifeGift Organ Donation Center

Love our Shiftboard!!

I've been using Shiftboard for a little over 3 years now and absolutely love it! I love the 'real person' customer service the most. When I do have an issue, I can make a phone call and a person answers and helps me. I also love the training videos that are available. It really helps with new users. We are very pleased that we changed over to Shiftboard. Thanks

Pros

My favorite thing is that when I do post an event, the volunteers receive an email immediately. They don't have to remember to look at the calendar to see if I've posted something. It is much easier for them. I recommend it all the time.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I have had challenges getting around the reports, but the problem is me, not the report.

Mike from University of Dayton

Much easier after I learned on my mistakes

Pros

Convenience speed ease record of what you have and also record what is available makes it easier to look at calendar and complete choices

Cons

Questionnaires that require so many words to explain Pros or cons seems Antiquated and unnecessary can't think of anything about it i really is distasteful for me so with that I will end this review if I finally have enough characters and words to complete it I sincerely hope so

Jenn from Music Venue

Perfectly functional employee/volunteer scheduling app

I've used Shiftboard as an employee like a time clock, and I've used it as a volunteer manager where we just schedule the volunteers (but don't make them clock in/out on it). It's perfectly functional as both!

Pros

I like how easy it is to pick up/drop/trade shifts, and to clock in & out. It does what it's made for!

Cons

The mobile apps are terrible, to the point of unusability. On my Android I always just pull up the web page instead of using the app, which is also terrible, gotta enlarge each small part of the page I need to use separately. I also wish it was easier to click on an employee/volunteer's name and get straight to their contact info as an admin - you get there eventually but usually when I'm looking for that kind of thing, it's because they're late and I'm in a hurry - it should be faster!

Patti from Safeway Inc. DBA Haggen

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great So Far !

I used to use Shiftboard on a daily basis, then my position changed and I used it once a month or so. I will be using it on a daily basis again soon, so I have been getting familiar with it once again. Love how easy it is to maneuver through. More functions than I will use (right now) but good they are there if needed. I called customer service a few times in the past. ALWAYS fast friendly and ready to help in any way. Looking forward to digging back in and trying all of the features!

Pros

Very user-friendly

Cons

I have not found any cons.

Great experience! Love Shiftboard!

Pros

I am the Volunteer Coordinator for a local dog rescue group and we use Shiftboard to sign up our volunteers for events. The site is super easy to use and any issues are addressed immediately via their great customer service team

Cons

One minor issue I have is with formatting outgoing broadcast messages. I am unable to properly space my messages and unable to attach photos which would be a big plus!

Removes the stress of scheduling.

Easy to use and saves tons of times. Staff like to pick their own shifts.

Pros

It's easy to use and I can post multiple shifts all at once. It takes just minutes to set up and then it does the work for you. I love that I can send broadcasts to capture the attention of many at once.

Cons

I don't like that I have to scroll through all the times in order to post the time of a shift. I would rather just type in the time.

Shiftboard for Volunteers

Pros

Shiftboard makes it easy for us to schedule our dozens of volunteers, track hours, and ensure shifts are covered. We have over 100 active volunteers and host events nearly every day of the year. We'd never keep track of them all without Shiftboard! Plus, downloading our monthly data for analysis is easy.

Cons

The setup could be cleaner and takes some getting used to.

Donley from Kent County Sheriff's Dept Traffic Squad

Industry: Law Enforcement

Shiftboard has streamlined our scheduling process, saving us a significant amount of time.

A significant reduction in the time and effort needed to get the necessary information to the right people and get their response to schedule events.

Pros

The quick and easy notification and access to those using it has made the scheduling process a much less cumbersome process.

Cons

Editing events and personnel working these events can be a little tricky at times. The learning curve for this was a little linger than anticipated.

Patti from Bridgewell, Inc.

Easy to use. Very functional and visual.

Ease of scheduling. Negative = the app is not user friendly.

Pros

The ability to add multiple shifts at once. It is easy to bulk load shifts for several months at a time. It is also easy to delete multiple shifts at a time.

Cons

The email settings are obnoxious. The receipt of multiple emails from multiple people is overwhelming. I know that can be modified from the user end, but it is still obnoxious.

Danny from Johnson Ferry Baptist Church

We use Shiftboard to schedule all of our part-time employees and manage our work schedules. Awesome!

Pros

There are a lot of different ways to take advantage of this software. Workers can trade shifts if you want that, you can bulk schedule duplicate schedules that work well, and on and on I could go. It is really easy to learn and use.

Cons

I would love to pay less since we are a non-profit organization, but the price is still very reasonable. They also have great customer service!