• Pros

• "Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service."

• "I found the software easy to use and the support is exceptional."

• "This software is inherently easy to use and understand. The monthly fee's are very low. The customer service is exceptional. Once you get it set-up properly it works seamlessly and flawlessly."

• Cons

• "Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints."

• "While the layout is user friendly, it should be easier to view options for handling situations outside the normal payroll cycle. "

• "Start up was a little confusing at first. Good people are there to guide us through."

Browse SurePayroll Reviews

Pete from HomeActions | IndustryNewsletters

SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

Pros

Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Cons

Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Melinda from Mindful Kreative, Inc.

SurePayroll - Best Option for Small Businesses

SurePayroll is amazing for my small business. It enables us to focus on the work we do, not the administrative task of doing payroll. We do not have an HR dedicated person so being efficient is #1 priority.

Pros

This software has enabled us to free of so much time. We used to do payroll manually and it would take 4-6 hrs. Now, we get it done in a matter of minutes. That alone makes it worth the money!

Cons

Overall, I don't have many cons. There was a bit of a roughness in the beginning but it has all been smooth sailing since.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Honestly, we had a wonderful sales person who is no longer with your company. She pitched my husband first and he was the first to test for his small business. It was great for him so that was enough for me to sign up. The price, quality, etc. were in line with our needs.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Melinda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Sondra from Zip air

Comparable payroll platform and services for a fraction of the price

God customer service and easy to use platform and reporting

Pros

User friendly, employees can access there account on own

Cons

I have to het a code everytime i login to the account

Cost and csr

Response from SurePayroll

Replied May 2020

Sondra, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Michael from Team Up Staffing

Save Your Time, Energy and Money and find something else!

I signed up with RM, who is a nice guy btw. I wanted to get set up with their payroll system and also use a time keeping product. I explained what I was looking for in a time keeping product and they referred me to their time keeping system because it could do things like have 3rd party managers approve time. I was told that by the rep, manager and then discovered a week later that I couldn't do it by their implementation team. Ok, I get it, they were wrong. I understand. They referred me to a list of their partners of about 12-15 or so. So I go through that whole list (which takes time btw) and pick one. I'm like "yay!" got one... finally fixed. Then a week later, it is discovered that they actually aren't a time keeping partner even though they referred me to them. And this was already after I spent $1k on setting up with that "partner". So, then I'm like whatever, you guys are clueless, let me think of a solution here. They offer me a free month of service for my troubles. Sweet. At this point, I just want to be able to pay people. I could go on in more detail but have to be brief because I'm running out of space, so here are my highlights...I set up payroll and guess what? like most of their software architecture it didn't work, the people didn't get paid. They were like, where's my paycheck? Same day I called Intuit Payroll and they took care of everything in one hour and got people paid! what a shit show from SurePayroll. Should be called ShitPayroll or unSurePayroll.

Pros

At first it was easy to use. But that only lasted a day. Everything on the back end of their software is crap. Bad connections. Different teams don't communicate to each other. It's a sad case. They should either try to fix it or give up in the industry. I definitely do not recommend them.

Cons

Whoever runs this company needs to re-examine EVERYTHING. From your front line reps, to your managers, to your operations, to you Customer Service Team to your engineers or IT staff that develop and maintain your SaaS product. I don't know how a company like Paychex can by SurePayroll and not make it better than what it is. People are nice but pretty much clueless and not helpful.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

seemed easy. Easy to set up and use. was backed by Paychex so it seemed credible. Ha! I got fooled! Don't let it happen to you.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Michael, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at feedback@surepayroll.com or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Wendy from Kaneoka Dental Group

Best payroll service at an affordable price

We have a very small dental office (5 employees) and I run the whole business aspect, so I needed a simple, easy to use solution for payroll. We had used ADP and Paychex for years and it worked. But when I moved to Surepayroll just to save money I didn't realize how easy payroll really could be. I love their online interface. Doing payroll takes me no time at all. The W2 reporting has been excellent as well.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I seldom if ever need any technical assistance, but when I have it was easy and the person helping me was extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

My employees have complained that accessing their account online has been difficult. We find that it doesn't work well on a smartphone and it must be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. This needs to be addressed because many of my employees no longer have a computer at home. They rely soley on their phone or tablet for their computer needs.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Wendy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Excellent product - insanely easy to use - however be cautious when you initiate the initial set-up

All-in-all I strongly recommend utilizing Sure Payroll, but until they fix their onboarding integrity issues, I would recommend only starting at the end of a quarter or at year end - but overall I am super happy I made the switch even with the implementation mistakes. Their product and customer service is exceptional.

Pros

Cons

Here is the caveat - if it isn't set up correctly by the person (your sales person) at initiation you will have a huge headache accessing numbers from your prior system and adding them to the new Sure Payroll software - thereby creating unnecessary headaches and hassle for you. My sales person dropped the ball twice on taking my mid-year numbers from my legacy software and inputting it at initiation into Sure Payroll. At the end of the day, Sure Payroll stepped up and fixed their mistake, but it caused me stress straightening it out with them. To alleviate this in the future, all they need to do is form an Onboarding Team that can be a check and balance to ensure the sales team loads everything correctly - so the clients life isn't disrupted when their sales team drops the ball. Until then, only transfer in at the precise end of a quarter or at year end.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Lisa from Children's Ctr. For Learning of South Amboy

Payroll Software

I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

Cons

I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

The price was right and I felt like there was more available at my fingertips than what they offered. I would rather put in my information and not have to deal with a company verbally every time something needs to be done.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Cherie from Fairburn Medical Products, LLC

Industry: Medical Devices

Definitely recommend SurePayroll

Pros

We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

Cons

No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Leslie from BLT Inspections, Inc.

Best Payroll Company Around

I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

Pros

It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

SurePayroll dealt with the tax filings and all the docs I need and kept me from getting in trouble.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Eric from Law Offices of Eric Jimenez

Industry: Law Practice

SurePayroll Works for me!

They could do a better job of answering phone calls. I have been placed on hold a few times - and held longer than convenient, but once the tech support person came on the line, we resolved all issues.

Pros

Management and Payment of Employment Taxes and 1099s

Cons

Inability to completely void out a payroll check that was incorrectly issued, and instead I had to issue a negative amount the next week in order to make the adjustment for the end of year 1099.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

More responsive customer support, and intuitive software.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Eric, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

LaVergne from LaVergne Poe, LLC

You wanted feedback so here it is

Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

Pros

For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

Cons

All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client sends last minute email with a change) and instead of being able to 'save' and make those changes, which in my mind should be able to just update in the payroll info, you lose all your input. That doesn't make sense to me. I think users would have more success if the sales person OR a training person, for new users, had a short session that would go through some of these processes. ALSO, not all customer service people are made the same. For the most part, the people I have talked to have been helpful, but it's been a 50/50 experience. One woman I wanted to hang up on her because she did not have a good attitude. The other problem I had was when a new client was set up. An employee was missed even though the 941's & DE9C's were forwarded - my client was charged for adding that missing employee and when I asked on several occasions, HOW DID YOU BALANCE (which you couldn't have since you would use the 4 qtrs of reports) I never got an answer. I asked that the charge for corrections be shared and the fee was cut in half. In my mind this was an error on your side.

Cost

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Letitia from Healing Hearts Ministries International

Healing Hearts Review

Since Sure Payroll pays and files all employee taxes for local governments we were made aware of a situation in another state where the employee should have been paying county AND city taxes that we were not aware of before. By using Sure Payroll and them filing on our behalf saved us hundreds of dollars in penalties and late fees.

Pros

I really like the reminder emails so that I don't forget to enter the information necessary for the payroll to be processed. I also really like that they take care of the necessary filings for all employee withholdings and tax payments. The software is very easy to use and if I have any questions, their customer service is very helpful and willing to assist with any issues that arise. I was not a part of implementing the change of our payroll to the Sure Payroll software so I can't personally speak into the ease of integration. I am not aware of any problems during the switch to the new payroll system.

Cons

I am not able to print the summary reports from the printer icon. It forces me to download the report and then print it. It seems odd to have a feature that doesn't work. I'm not sure if it isn't compatible with my printer or why it doesn't do anything when I click the printer icon.

Unknown

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Letitia, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

George from CHE Behavioral Health

SurePayroll Review

I have realized that payroll can be far cheaper than I initially thought without going with a company who has no backing from a larger institution. Other than this, Paychex acquainted me with most aspects of payroll prior to signing up.

Pros

I liked the price point for my sole proprietor small business without losing the connection to Paychex. It was far less expensive than SurePayroll while being in the SurePayroll family. The customer support and user experience were both excellent and made it easy to handle payroll. They also assisted with compliance needs which was expert and helpful

Cons

First there is a bug in the software for remembering a specific computer re: two factor authentication. However, the larger issue is the inability for PayChex to get on board with recommending or at least not badmouthing the product. I was approached numerous times to try and poach me back from SurePayroll and I was told SurePayroll would not be a solution that would help me when I closed my account with Paychex. That was truly disheartening but didnt stop my move due to the price point. That said, I felt that I had my money stolen from me by Paychex for not routing me to SurePayroll as SurePayroll covered my needs far more appropriately than Paychex.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

I didn't -- I learned it was connected to Paychex, saw the price, learned they have access to past documents for easy migration, and had a tax/etc. compliance team, and I made the switch

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are sorry that you had to jump through those unnecessary hoops. Thanks again for your kind words.

Donna from Sno To Go, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Sno

I was with Sure Payroll for about 4 years and then switched banks so I went with their payroll system. It was a nightmare. Hard to enter employee information, hard to enter weekly hours and reports were really hard to navigate. So I went back to SurePayroll even though it costs me quite a bit more because they aren't my banks associate. The setup at SurePayroll is smooth. It's easy to understand everything on the website. No questions on how to enter anything or pull reports. Whoever designed this website did a great job. I do and have recommended SurePayroll to several of my business associates.

Pros

Entering the employee information and the weekly entering of the hours. It is user friendly in every way.

Cons

I know you want a con, but I honestly don't have one. I haven't run into an issue yet that has been a problem.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Donna, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Andrea from Engel Audiology PLLC

Makes Payroll stress free and so easy!

Overall very happy, easy to run payroll and keep going with business. I have only utilized the payroll features with SurePayroll, none of the extra benefits.

Pros

This is easy to use whether it is online or in the app. It takes me minutes to run payroll at most! User friendly, great support if I have questions, and easy for my employees to use.

Cons

The auto populated dates are some how out of sync, and although it is very easy for me to go in and change the dates, they are never correct right from the start. I use this for my nanny and same thing happened there and I had to call and it was a little bit of a run around until I got someone to help me "reset" them so they were right but I have no idea all the steps they had me do to reset them so I have to call for my business to figure this out, I just haven't done it. I am sure it is my user error some how but that has been the only minor complaint.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

I looked into others but was using sure from when I hired a Nanny a year earlier and they were recommended by my nanny placement agency. They were so easy to use and reasonably priced that it just seemed the best decision to use them for my business as well.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Andrea, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

David from Word Pictures, Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books. I think that Sure Payroll screwed up and they gladly said they would do what was needed to get the money refunded. They FAILED to tell me that that service would cost $200.00. My refund was only $126.00. I would have skipped it... or done the refiling myself. All of a sudden I see a $200 deduction from our checking account from them. I called and was told why and offered no explanation as to why I wasn't told. I'm sure it's in the terms and stuff... but I really think this misfiling was their fault. Anyway, that is my major complaint.

Pros

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Price and promised ease of use/support.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Tina from Pegasus Aircraft Management

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Value

Overall great product. I highly reccoend this platform.

Pros

Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Reports can not be customized and there are limited standard reports.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

I need Customer Service to answer technical payroll questions. Sure Payroll has awesome customer service; quick response time with knowledgeable team. Calling QuickBooks would take hours.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Jennifer from Calara Farmers Insurance Agency, LLC

Easy to Use and Great Client Support

I've been extremely happy with SurePayroll. Taxes are easily done for me and my accountant has also been pleased.

Pros

I love that I can pick up the phone and be walked through the process. Instead of doing it for me, they teach me the "how to's" Always so professional and helpful

Cons

There really aren't any cons I have experienced in the short time I've been a customer. It's been too easy, so far.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Your sales staff! Bottom line, the gentleman who was helping me (he's no longer with your company) is the only one who called me back in a timely manner, explained the process to me at a level I can understand (I'm not in your industry and the lingo is different), was very clear about pricing & billing, was very clear about how the different departments interact and made the sign up process very easy to switch.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Jennifer, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Keith from North Palm Church

Great Decision!!!

We were still writing checks two years ago. Don’t know why we waited so long for this!

Pros

After contacting many different companies we chose SurePayroll and we are so glad we did. They send out emails to remind you to enter payroll every week. Payroll is on default and so easy to enter or make changes. They even have an app to do payroll, however we have never used it so I can’t comment on that part.

Cons

They have a glitch in the system that has to do with separating direct deposits for one person into two checking accounts. It shows up on one of our employees that we need to write a check for .01 cents. I have spoken to them about it but they have never been able to fix the problem.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Keith, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Anna from State Electric Company

Excellent Customer Service

Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros

I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons

In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.

Peter from Millett Optical

Great customer support!

Overall I would say that I am very satisfied with my experience with the service SurePayroll provides. The monthly fee is a little high for a very small business. I would suggest they drop the rates a little for business with under 3-5 employees.

Pros

We utilize SurePayroll to help with all the technical aspects of making sure our business is up to date with all the various payroll taxes associated with our state and federal requirements. Being a first time small business owner I was concerned if I was meeting all the various tax payment requirements and SurePayroll now allows me to focus on running the business day to day without being worried if I've missed any of the various payments required with running payroll. I love the peace of mind knowing that SurePayroll has me covered if anything does get overlooked, too.

Cons

The fact that I need to validate my computer ever single time I access the website even though I check the box that states: "remember this device" when I sign-in to the website.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

introduction price point was good

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Peter, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Emily from QC Natural Health

A Happy Customer

Excellent!

Pros

Being a small business owner requires me to wear a lot of hats. SurePayroll helps make my payroll processing hat very easy! I'm so thankful for the ease and attention of SurePayroll.

Cons

The week-to-week ease cannot be beat. My only con with the software was a tax form mishap when I first transferred over.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

I chose SurePayroll for the comprehensive aspect of their product and the competitive pricing for small businesses.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Emily, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Randall from Clear Shine Clean

Efficient and Reliable

Excellent.

Pros

What do you say about a product that just works. This is the simplest, most straight-forward payroll software with which I have ever worked. Once you have entered all of the required information your off and running with out a hitch. If you need customized deductions just add them. SurePayroll is proactive with reminders concerning processing cutoffs, holiday's, etc. that could affect your processing or direct deposits. Customer Service is a short call away and has always been knowledgeable and efficient at solving my problems.

Cons

If there has ever been a Con to working with SurePayroll, I have long since forgotten about it. The only Con would be if they took it away from me.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Randall, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Stephen from Federal Preserves

Used for Nanny

Their customer service is great. Whenever I have had a problem (whether it be a self inflicted one or a error on their end), the staff has been great and very helpful!

Pros

The phone application for processing payroll is very easy to use and is a great tool for people on the go.

Cons

The website is difficult to use as it has a lot more uses and tools than I probably need for the limited payroll I have to perform.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Stephen, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura from Spirit Church

Dependable Payroll Service

We have used Sure Payroll for over three years and as a whole we have been very happy with them. For hourly employees and basic salaried employees they are awesome. Unique issues such as clergy is not as smooth.

Pros

The entry for payroll is easy to use. The default payroll that they have recently instituted makes things extremely easy. Customer service is very efficient and they answer quickly. If they promise to call back about an issue they always follow up and make sure everything is taken care of.

Cons

As a church we have a number of clergy with unique payroll needs and at times it has been difficult to make the needs of the clergy work with the system. I wish the system was a little more flexible. Also, when we first selected this company we selected them because the advertised that they specialize in clergy payroll and I would say I have educated them more than they have helped me.

Priscilla from Tiny Hands Big Hearts

Exactly what I needed in a payroll service

Great customer service, ease of use, simple navigation and customer service is always available. With me being a small business owner the monthly fees are great and within range.

Pros

Time clock feature is simple and easy to use and navigate. I really like the geolocation feature. It allows me to give the employees the ability to clock in using their cell phones while providing the location of the actual punch.

Cons

I have not experienced any dislikes thus far

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Fees and options that I have within my control without needing customer support

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Priscilla, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Jael from EscapeX

Great option for your business!

Overall SurePayroll was easy to set up, is easy to manage, and is a great solution for our current business needs. However when coordinating with our worker's compensation plan, there has been some disconnect, but I'm sure this will end up getting resolved.

Pros

The dashboard provides the best look into the current status of your ongoing payroll.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

The ease of use and it suits our current business needs better.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Jael, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll.

Pam from Solid Wealth Company

SurePayroll advantages

Since incorporating it in 2018, we are pleased with the overall performance. When we had tax issues, customer service went to bat for us and resolved even the small issues with their back up documentation, proven payments etc. That took a lot off of my desk and THAT is wonderful!

Pros

Its a basic, easy to use software for small office such as ours where everyone does everything. Customer Support has been awesome...even for the small questions.

Cons

To be honest, nothing comes to mind. I would say all aspects of the software that we use are fine.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Again, the up front guidance and ability to answer all of my questions prior to making the decision. Office staff bent over backwards for us and we are a very small office!

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Pam, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Laura from All Music Methods LLC

Industry: Fine Art

Highly Recommend Sure Payroll

Had a great experience. If all I needed was to run payroll I would still be there.

Pros

We used Surepayroll for many years and only left recently in an effort to centralize our HR processes. I actually miss their extremely competent customer service people. If you are looking for payroll services, look no further.

Cons

One of the things that was annoying was not being able to run an off cycle payroll without spending a fortune. We have multiple locations and cutting a check for an advance or missed payroll is a huge hassle and pain. I would prefer a monthly fee and to be able to use the platform as needed.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied February 2020

Laura, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Stephan from Your Doctor PLLC

SurePayroll review

Excellent

Pros

It is pretty simple to run weekly after getting the set up done. The set up has been easy with the staff and support available. Thank you!

Cons

Changing some salaries was more complicated than I think it should have been.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

My friend uses it for his business and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was his support person who helped me as well. She is excellent.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Stephan, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Christine from Back to Basics Pediatrics, SC

Easy and Efficient Payroll for small businesses

Excellent and Easy to use!

Pros

It's very easy to use and I can run payroll in about 15 minutes. Always accurate and have never had any technical problems. Customer service is always available.

Cons

The security feature is annoying that I can't text anymore, I always have to be called with a password and I have not had the time to get it fixed after office hours.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Less expensive and recommendation from a friend

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Christine, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Michele from Michele Tennyson PLLC

Kudos to SurePayroll

When I created my PLLC, I needed to find a payroll program/company to handle my payroll. My financial planner recommended SurePayroll and ADP. SurePayroll beat ADP on all levels...sales, pricing and customer support. So glad I chose SurePayroll as I appreciate the easy access to support; everyone knows their product and has answered my questions quickly and clearly.

Pros

I found the software easy to use and the support is exceptional.

Cons

I can't think of anything that has been a problem.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

As I mentioned previously, SurePayroll won me over quickly. My sales rep explained the services and continued to support me until I was up and running. Then your customer support folks took over -- always there to help me when I've lost my way! Pricing was very attractive too!!!

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Michele, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

GABE from west town jewelry & loan

great service, great pricing and always there to help.

My experience has been great! Everything is done the right way with ease and cheaper than paying my accountant for payroll. Using this service I have my time to concentrate on my business. To do payroll takes less than 2 minutes every week.

Pros

super easy!!! I go online every week and with a click of a button my payroll is done. Payroll check is sent to my personal account early every Friday morning. At the end of the year any tax doc such as a w-2 can ve easily found and printed out for my accountant.

Cons

I have yet to find any problems in over 2 years

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Gabe, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Dick from Alaska Seafood Company

Industry: Food Production

Great way to do payroll

Simplicity is great. Quick and easy to do.

Pros

We were able to implement the Sure payroll system into our existing bookkeeping with very little effort. A little confusing at first. Mostly because our old system was well entrenched in our thought processes. Follow up and assistance has been wonderful.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

We only wanted the payroll to be taken care of, not an entire new accounting system. Most accounting systems out there won't do double entry bookkeeping.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Dick, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Michael from Michael Liberto State Farm

SurePayroll Platrform and Customer Service

My overall experience has been wonderful. Even when I made a mistake on an employees paycheck, SurePayroll's customer service was there to help ASAP.

Pros

I love the ease of use. It is so simple and everything can be handled with the click of a button.

Cons

I really haven't found anything that I don't like about the platform. Everything is super simple and easy to use.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Michael, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Jovandi from Advantage Property Solutions

What more could you want

I have always had a positive experience, the system is fast, easy, secure to use

Pros

The system is Fast, Easy, accurate and best of all secure

Cons

I really can't think of any cons to using this system and highly recommend

Great reviews

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Jovandi, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Easy to use and great value

Pros

easy to use for the administrator and even the set up is very simple to complete. online clock integrations makes it easier to use.

Cons

none. overall it works great and no issues

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

janet from Janet L martin Insurance Agency Inc. State Farm

girlgolden

I used Surepay for several years. I thought I could turn my payroll over to a CPA. This got to be labor intensive for me, as well as costing a lot. So, I came back to Surepay. But, Surepay's Customer Service seems to have gone a little "South.!"

Pros

CPA's are expensive. I am saving a little money by doing my own Team's Payroll.

Cons

I don't really know how to use all that the software features.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

State Farm has allowed us to put this service on State Farm's Computer system.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Janet, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Shari from The Pink house

Industry: Restaurants

The Pink House review

Very good. Able to get customer service easily

Pros

Very user friendly, less expensive, easy customer service

Cons

I don’t like being charged to cancel a payroll immediately after it is submitted.

Didn’t look at others

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Shari, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Pat from The Crossing NB, LLC

Sure Payroll for my small business has been a good move.

Pros

I like the ease of use & reliability of knowing my payroll will be taken care of without question...as long as I do my part and input the hours worked by my employees in a timely manner. In setting up the payroll, I was given some advice that has made the payroll process easier than before...don't know why my CPA, who was previously doing my payroll, didn't know these simple changes. I also like that my cost is less with Sure Payroll.

Cons

I truly haven't run in to any problems. I've been satisfied with customer service, when I've had questions.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Pat, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Luke from Leissner Agency LLC

Fast and Easy

Very happy with SurePayroll. Would definitely and have recommended to others.

Pros

I like my SurePayroll account because my payroll takes about 2 minutes 2x per month. Fast, easy, and accurate. Not having a long process when doing payroll is a huge benefit.

Cons

Have not experienced any negatives with SurePayroll

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

SurePayroll was easy and fast

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Luke, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for the recommendations.

Jill from Anderson Medical Billing

Easy, and lets me focus on my business

SurePayroll is so user friendly. I am able to focus on the business and expanding that while SurePayroll files and pays my taxes and takes care of my employees

Pros

I like the ease of use. I really don't have to worry about anything being incorrect

Cons

Nothing. Everything is very simple for me to pay my employees

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

QuickBooks is not easy to use. I am always having problems with the log in, not to mention my employees were waiting for their pay and it was too expensive

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Jill, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Elaine from Derivative Advisors, LLC

Industry: Capital Markets

Switched from PayChoice/Sage/iSolved; much better system and service for better price

I had a problem with an incorrect ABA number that held up my payroll, and while it took a while to resolve I appreciated that I could always reach a person promptly . [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was absolutely terrific, and she was the key person who resolved it in a single phone call.

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly and intuitive. I was 'flying' immediately with no training.

Cons

There is no functionality that is missing.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

Better online system and could reach a person every time we called.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Elaine, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Loraine from Revolution PT NYC

A Sure Thing

Pros

SurePayroll is easy to set up, east to use, and easy to maintain. It makes the task of completing payroll so much easier! The fact that SurePayroll handles all state and federal taxes and generates end of year documents helps me sleep well at night! I've already recommended SurePayroll to other business owners and they've loved it!

Cons

The two-step verification can be a hassle at times because it doesn't remember the device, as it should, but it's a small nuisance in comparison to the time SurePayroll saves otherwise.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Loraine, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words and the recommendations.

Devin from Quackenbush Legal, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Outstanding Customer Service

Pros

The software has a lot of capability and is easy to use. On those items that I don't understand, the customer service support is always very helpful in getting me what I need.

Cons

I don't have a specific item. I suppose the learning curve to use the software could be lessened by tutorials or other resources so that I don't have to call customer support as much.

Reasons for Choosing SurePayroll

I had a consultation with an individual who helped me see the value of SurePayroll.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Devin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Mark from Mark McMillan Agency

Assign someone else to do your payroll while you run your business

My experience has been generally positive. It sure makes tax season a lot easier and payroll takes only minutes twice a month.

Pros

The backend of this application is such that many things, such as quarterly tax filings and reporting happen automatically. All taxes are withdrawn and paid for you. All you need to do is enter changes in your payroll, approve it, and you are done.

Cons

I have to enter a one time code every time I login as an administrator even though I check the box that I want the application to remember me and not prompt me for this level of security.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Mark, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Merlin from Dental Doctors of Florida

Pros

This is the easier and best payroll software I have used. It is also a great value.

Cons

Nothing. This a great product. There is no downside

Best Option

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Merlin, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Sherri from Renee International LLc

Industry: Cosmetics

Business Review

It has been great they are able to always resolve my issues

Pros

It very easy to integrate into my business

Cons

There is nothing at the moment that I can think

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Sherri, thanks for leaving us a positive review.

Tammie from Peak Business Consultants, LLC

Sure Payroll Review

I recommend it to my clients with a small number of employees.

Pros

The software is user friendly and a good value for the money. Tax filings are done promptly and reports are available for download. Payroll is charged monthly, and not per pay period.

Cons

Manual checks cause the payroll schedule to be off, and it has to be rebuilt. Not hard to do, but it shouldn't happen.

Primarily price

Response from SurePayroll

Replied March 2020

Tammie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review and for the recommendations.

Linda from Uppity Pup

Best Small Business Payroll Service

Does what it needs to do: calculates payroll and pays required taxes on our behalf.

Pros

Easy to use, secure, great value for service. Customer service is always available and accommodating.

Cons

Even when signing on with same device it almost always requires validation by sending a login code to phone or email. This is a nuisance.

Cost and ease of use.

Response from SurePayroll

Replied February 2020

Linda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.