UltiPro Reviews

4.07 / 5 (891) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 43 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love Ultipro! We have used this product for the last 3 years. It is a great tool for our staff. It is extremely easy to use and it has excellent customer support. "

• "I really like the system. It has been a great move for us. I like all the functionality that we have with this product"

• "I like that it's easy to navigate most areas. I can save my favorite links and easily get to where I need."

• Cons

• "The App could use a little work, as it is not as easy to use as the desktop version, but overall still a great product."

• "Back office is a little bit clunky to use when first learning, but after getting used to it, it's not an issue."

• "When requesting PTO for partial hours of a full 8hr day, it's a little confusing, but once I learned how to do it it was easy. Figuring this out took a little time. "

Browse UltiPro Reviews

Yendi from PF Concepts, Inc.

Best payroll solution

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

Pros

Ultipro best trait is the ability to customize the settings or features in a way to mold it on how the business works.This is a very intuitive tool, that even our non tech people can manage and control their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The cloud provides a real-time information including reports and dashboards that has the ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. Very easy to use.

Cons

Very limited on the workflow process in web based. Some features are slower than other, not sure if its because the data is too much. This are small bumps compared to the benefits that this tool offers, so overall it doesn't have too many flaws.

Melissa from Roan Resources

Industry: Oil & Energy

Ultipro Review

We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

Nicole from Stikeman Elliott

Terrible product

Poor experience. Implementation team isnt great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they cant effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, youll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesnt always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros

If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons

Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isnt seamless and features and functionality arent well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isnt at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and dont pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and youll be overpaying for outdated software.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied April 2019

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

Yeni from Autodesk

I love the UltiPro experience.

Pros

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping. Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

Jordan from Purolator Inc

UltiPro

Does UiltPro get the job done? Yes. Does it need a lot of work to improve their performance and accessibility? Yes. Overall though this product does what it promises and if that what your looking for, I'd recommended it in a heartbeat.

Pros

I like that they have a mobile app you can download from the app store. Makes things more convenient then to have to log onto you laptop or home computer to check your statements.

Cons

I like the mobile app yes but there has to be a lot of work done on it. I feel like certain things are harder then they have to for instance, sometimes I would forget my password and have to log onto two different computers just to create a new password and log in. Also find that if your using your phone and you go on the browser it gives you more details and an in depth look into your statement more then the actual app which defeats the purpose. I just feel as there needs to be more R&D for this software to become perfect.

MICHELE from Ciox Health

Industry: Medical Devices

All in One Employee Management Software

I think it's great. You can manage your time if you missed a time punch, you can alter it. You can request for time off and get it approved in the same place. It's a great software for employee management.

Pros

It is very safe to use and I can do everything in this software. I clock in and out, I can view/change my benefits, change my direct deposit, and my personal information. It keeps everything in one place and very easy to use. It's not complicated to figure out. The human resources department has information there as well.

Cons

There isn't anything I really do not like. I would say it is difficult to get some documents to come up under the employee document page.

Mary from Thomson Reuters

Great HR/Payroll Option

Great experience for the end-users. Very intuitive UI, easy to find what you need, and the implementation was a very smooth process. Take care when considering your implementation time frame. Many times we think of new FY but check to see where that falls with holidays on both sides.

Pros

Very easy for the end users to use for their day to day needs. Great support and available resources from UltiPro throughout implementation and after that to ensure we got the most of what was available. There is a learning component for content, but that still needs more work. Highly customizable, modular approach (get the features/functionality you actually need), and integrates well with other systems.

Cons

Can fall on the higher end as far as cost, but worth the money for the features and support. The learning feature definitely still needs work, so I would not consider this an all-in-one solution as far as HR all the way through learning and development. Take care when choosing a separate LMS as many require an annual or one-time fee to connect to UltiPro and other HR solutions.

Angelina from Synq3

Industry: Restaurants

Faulty Software

My overall experience with Ultipro is not so great. I would not choose this software for my companies first choice in human resources.

Pros

I like most about the software is the ability to look at your time punches and its accuracy. You are also able to model your pay with taxes and deductions configured too.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that I lost wages due to a glitch in the system. When I emailed them about it they forwarded it to my employer who wanted to fire me over it. I emailed Ultipro to bring their attention to the issue I experienced using the software and to get reimbursed for the monies the glitch had cost me. No resolution came from it.

Brittany from Appen

Used in past

I enjoyed using this software, it was simple to set up and use.

Pros

I used this for work in the past to keep track of payments and hours, it was very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I never ran into any issues using this software, and I have no complaints about it. Easy to use and set up.

Brice from Launch Lab, inc

Flexible System - Rigid Support

Pros

I loved the open workflow builder and approval process engine. Our company had roughly 700 employees and it was great to have the open ability to make, implement and change approval processes on the fly. We had the following additional modules and they were all great: Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance Management, and Compensation Management.

Cons

The system struggled with benefits management and administration. It took 8 months to build some pretty simple feeds to our carriers. Even then they were poorly built and the information was not accurate. The benefit open enrollment aspect of the system was good, our employees loved it and our benefits enrollment percent went up substantially. However this came with a lot of manual backend work because of the fragile feeds and the need to check every record against the feed.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Its mobile app and at the time revolutionary geofencing capabilities.

Jeanne from Human Kinetics, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

UltiPro is a great investment

We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved. A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates. Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms. In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically. And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Julie from Alabama Farmers Cooperative, Inc.

Industry: Farming

UltiPro

We launched with UltiPro a year and a half ago. The implementation team was very knowledgeable of the product and services offered. They were able to come to the house on many occasions for hands-on training prior to the launch. We also traveled to an On-Site Class near us. These were great to be able to talk back and forth through issues you had been experiencing. I recommend taking notes for questions you may have before going. In the Learning Center Online, there is an abundance of course and previously recorded webcasts for you to learn from. The levels range from the beginner to more complex detailed positions. The Security-Based features are wonderful for companies with multiple subsidiaries. The reporting has many standard reports built for you. It also has the ability for you as a customer to build unique reports to fit your companies' needs. Onboarding has been a way for us to eliminate a lot of paperwork and scanning of policies and documents. It has taken a while to get in groove with so many locations hiring all our seasonal employees at the same time. However, in the end this is saving enormous amounts of time.

Pros

Security-based roles are great for top down management. Payroll processing is a lot faster. We have completely moved away from paper checks. The Community Groups and Knowledge Hours are a great tool to have to continually learn from other customers on how they are using the same programs in their company. Many customers are very quick to respond to simple or complex questions. UltiPro has an extensive collection of resource materials that are searchable to help quickly. In the beginning, the Quick Tour videos were a life saver. You learn so much information at once that you don't retain it all. These videos are brief and to the point. they are housed on each screen that it pertains to which is wonderful. Also, every screen has a "Things" I can do here. Another good tool when learning where to locate all of the information.

Cons

For departments housing only human resource and payroll employees, the reporting is a very slow process to learn. While there are many courses offered, majority of which are online which is more difficult during the initial transition. The Rapid Response is not so rapid. You call in to log a case and wait for someone to call you back. Unless you are completely locked out of production, you could be waiting a long time for a return call. Logging a case on the website is not much faster. However there you are able to fully describe your issue and attach any documents needed to be examined.

Erica from ITU AbsorbTech

My managers call it UltiPoo...

We began with UltiPro at the end of this summer, going from an antiquated HRIS system to what we (correctly) thought would be a significant upgrade. And while the cost does reflect that; and it is an upgrade; it has been an extremely rough road getting there. Technical issues, the amount of data required (most of it being a manual entry, in part to our antiquated system we were on before) and the level of depth you will go into building this system is outrageous. Each "silo" was assigned a technical SME who helped us build the program. Everything is incredibly customizable and easy to change once it is set up.

Pros

Assigned help along the way, so you knew who your person was. You can build a system to your liking. Makes some functionalities very easy, like building out an "opportunity" or requisition. The system has some great possibilities and can support a lot of different functions through customizable reports. A lot of integrations into external vendor systems that make background checks, job posting, benefits, 401K very easy. Once it is BUILT, I can see how easy it will be to use.

Cons

Each "silo" of the UltiPro function is usually created by that department - recruiting builds out recruiting and onboarding, payroll builds payroll, TD builds performance, etc. Problem is that WE, the builders, don't usually know how the other team will build their system so often times they don't talk well. You build it over a series of meetings with your SME, with can make it disjointed to build. There is a different SME for each function, so if I want to build a report that pulls from my onboarding module, I have to talk to a different SME because the onboarding SME doesn't know Business Intelligence SME. Building it is a second full-time job for your team. We had to build out own training for our employees on how to use the system because each system is so customizable, you won't have a packaged training you can plop in front of your employees.

Jamie from GCFA

Best HR site I have personally used

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Tiffany from Ellwood Group, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!

UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros

UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons

I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

Nathan from Yokogawa

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied August 2018

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Anita from Chicken Salad Chick

Industry: Restaurants

Overall, am satisfied.

Pros

Visual appeal Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7! Highly customizable

Cons

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

It's okay but not the best

The biggest benefit of UltiPro is that it is an all in one system that is used by all of HR and also used for our Payroll and Accounting departments. It is easy to be able to sort through all issues across the company through one representative. I also find it is efficient at tracking benefits such as healthcare, sick and vacation leave accruals.

Pros

The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with UltiPro is the main feature I use in my day to day, and it's just okay. If used as directed it can be a good platform for tracking and collecting applications but unfortunately, my company does not use it properly so to me it seems lackluster for the price. The reporting functions through the core are pretty good and customizable. Overall I would say it is relatively user-friendly and only took me a few days to get navigate the system on my own. I like that you are able to set up shortcuts on your dashboard and see all your accruals on the dashboard.

Cons

My issues with UltiPro mostly stem from my company not properly using it as they should, so overall I like UltiPro. I would suggest they have an option to create tracking links so when a position is posted we can see where each applicant was directed from. Advertising efforts aren't as fruitful when we aren't able to do all the tracking right in the ATS.

March 2015

Danielle from Islands Restaurants

March 2015

Want to Love, but it needs focus on system users functionality

Pros

I like the fact that we are able to customize and build the software package to our needs. The software has some amazing functionality that work well for our business. I like the vendor because the value of the company being "people first" shows in the way they care for their employees. I think that filters down to the customers.

Cons

I would like Ultimate to finish things that need to be corrected that are known system flaws before they move on to new technology. It would be comforting to know as the system administrator that the system processed right from beginning to end before all the other "cool" features come out. Also, I wish the project focus was for system users first and then the employee user. Example, they listened to customers when we asked for the ability to change labels. That is great and the employee users are happy about that. But then they stopped the project without thinking what the system user would need. It is simple when you think about it. Everything that goes into Ulti - we have to report on. So that label project should have included those label changes in BI. Now the reports and the system will not match. Can you imagine having your payroll staff turn over and then trying to run a report based on names you don't have in system because the staff before you used the label edit feature? Nightmare.

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied April 2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com. I hope you have a wonderful day!

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use. The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

Carolyn from Mediacom

UltiPro- is it right for you.

Our organization's primary focus in HR is reducing turnover and we use the bsuiness analytics for our Turnover HR reports. This report has been crucial to identifying departments/teams that are seeing trends of influx in turnover. When identified in these reports we partner with these teams share the info with the leaders and are able to turnaround the turnover in that area we are experiencing. We also use these reports for our Affirmative Action and it has saved a lot of time being able to save these report templates to use them annually to report out on.

Pros

I like the tasks red start at the top right of your screen as a shortcut to go to my tasks that are waiting instead of going into each individual employee profile. It has nice features to save you time, such as when I am assigning distribution of performance reviews I can select multiple employees instead of re-filling out and distributing the form to each individual employee.

Cons

Learning how to set filters to get the end result of the reports in Business Analytics is complex. Many filters are labeled similar so it is hard determine which one you need.

Glenn from Western Asset

10+ years of success

Pros

We have been using Ultipro successfully in cloud for over 12 years. -We recently started using onboarding and conditional workflow approvals and have been able to go almost 100% paperless. -We have been able to leverage Employee Self Service(via SSO) and modules such Open Enrollment and Life Event to streamline employee benefit elections -Cognos Analytics, is an extremely powerful business intelligence reporting tool that allows us to schedule reports, burst information and set alerts -We were able to use Ultipro's auto-population feature to generate 1095's for ACA Compliance

Cons

-You have a dedicated support rep, but when needed the quality of the Rapid Response support channel can be hit or miss -As a client who has been Ultimate Software for many years, we had to customize a lot to achieve what we wanted, but as new releases come out many of these customs are no longer necessary. Unfortunately, unwinding some of these customs to replace with new core functionality can be a challenge

Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics

My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons

Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

Michael from CapEd Credit Union

Ultipro is great!

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Tracy from Moore & Van Allen

Ultimate Software has allowed us to leverage their technology to enhance and improve our internal HR/PR functions to not only handle the day to day, but also be strategic in what we do for our internal and external clients.

Ultimate has been a good business partner. They listen to our feedback and truly partner with us in our business initiatives; even if the answer is no they work with us to find other alternatives to help us achieve our business goal.

Pros

We most like the Business Intelligence reporting and ease of navigation throughout the product. We like the ability to configure fields and screens to meet our specific needs. We are very pleased with the ability to have a paperless onboarding experience for our new hires and also configure the onboarding process to meet our business needs. We also appreciate the ability to provide feedback on product enhancements and see that Ultimate listens and responds to that feedback.

Cons

We would like the enhancements requested to come a little quicker to market, but understand some of these enhancements do take time. We would like to see a more consistent response time in Customer Service.

Jen from Contura Energy

UltiPro HRMS

Pros

The delivered product has loads of functionality that is immediately ready to use. The portal is very easy for employees to navigate and very little training is needed to get started. Ultimate Software also provides all of their training free of charge with the subscription, this is a huge help in developing your support team and super users. Ultimate takes customer feedback seriously & puts significant releases in place twice a year. There are normally around 100 user suggestions implemented each year in the releases.

Cons

The Benefits module is not very robust and electronic open enrollment works well, but the confirmation statements are very clunky. Also while the support from every Ultimate team is always very friendly, they can be very slow and it is not uncommon for you to have to escalate requests in order to get programmers to respond to emails.

Annette from GreenSky

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Access to all employees HR files

Pros

I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons

There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

Cindy from Kimley-Horn

UltiPro is a pretty easy software to use

Pros

As a user - The categories are pretty easy to find - and labeled well so that you know what you're going to find under each category. You can add Favorites - so places that you go frequently, so that you don't have to drill into the categories to get to them. I'm also an administrator of certain data - so being able to take care of things for other staff is also easy and manageable as well. You can even get notifications that what you do is taken care of as a user and as an administrator.

Cons

There is one limitation to the product that I notice and deal with - it is for me the limitation of field length (amount of characters per field). You have to be creative when you're setting up items in dropdown lists for staff to be able to choose from and still be able to push across what they're choosing.

March 2016

Nancy from Carlex Glass

March 2016

Ultimate implementation experience

Pros

There are so many modules to Ultimate that we haven't even had the opportunity or time to fully implement yet! We keep hearing about something we haven't learned about yet and are excited to ask questions and find out where we can put that module in our roll out schedule!

Cons

I was excited (and very relieved) to hear about the structure changes that recently occurred within the Ultimate staff. When we have a problem, we don't necessarily have time to wait for our request to be "kicked up" to second tier or third tier. Especially when we're "in the weeds" processing a payroll. Putting thru a case doesn't necessarily mean we're going to hear from someone soon enough to get our payroll run completed on time. Having a "no tier" system is a much better way to handle these issues.

Simple and Easy

Ultipro has worked very well with managing time from both desktop and mobile devices and provides many options to work with. It is a good fit for someone who does not want to spend too much time setting up a time/payment program and would like a lot of options already loaded. Using Ultipro has made time and pay management easy and understandable for me.

Pros

The visual layout of Ultipro makes managing time, payments, and benefits simple and easy to understand. The layout menu that shows all your options is an additional reminder to pay attention to important dates and to keep track of hours logged. I receive emails from Ultipro about managing time and paydates which I find extremely useful. Complicated documents are easy to pull up - I never feel like I'm forgetting to do something important with Ultipro.

Cons

Although Ultipro provides many options for managing time, pay, and career goals, it's hard to work outside the guidelines put down for it. This has only come up a few times, when I've wanted to request unpaid time off but the layout only suggests that I can take paid time off. However, Ultipro provides so many options that this is not a common problem.

Dina from Berkeley College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I am very happy with UltiPro and all that it has to offer, including the robust reporting tool, Business Intelligence.

The support staff at Ultimate Software are very friendly, great to work with and knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

I like the updates to the program because it enhances the work that we do. One of the more recent updates was the Smart Tax Search. It is a feature that returns tax codes when an employee enters their address. Really cool feature for payroll! I also like the reporting tool, Business Intelligence. Reporting is one of the key functions of my role and we use the reports for upper management as well as to process payroll.

Cons

We switched to UltiPro from ADP in 2010 and it was difficult to make that transition. I believe that Ultimate Software could have provided detailed written instructions as well as live personnel to assist with the switch. It may be different now.

Rose from CHS

Ultipro meets all our needs.

Ultipro meets all our needs and then some. The customer service we experience from this company cannot be compared. Our CSR is an amazing person and if she cannot fix something, she finds someone who can. Timely. With a great attitude. I have never found that kind of support with any other company I worked with. If a payroll problem crops up, they have a dedicated line for that, realizing payroll is very deadline driven.

Pros

Ease of use, tons of virtual training available, top notch customer service, customization available. Ease of use for employees. Import and Export integration. Reports readily available both in Ultipro Web and Cognos. Report writing ability available. Dashboards available. SSO configurable. Integrated Tax Setup.

Cons

We are a large enterprise, some of the modules are for smaller customers. Tax recon can be a bit cumbersome, but manageable.

Cody from RainSweet, Inc.

UltiPro, the Ultimate solution!

Overall UltiPro is a superb product that has many different modules to meet the demands of growing companies. From payroll, time and attendance, and benefit administration, UltiPro can help lead the way to drive efficiency and promote a better experience for administrators and employees.

Pros

The ease of which one can use UltiPro is second to none! The user experience is easy to navigate and they are constantly adding new features. The extensive modules that are available under the Human Capital Management umbrella like benefits, applicant tracking, time and attendance, compensation management, and more! Excellent customer service 24/7.

Cons

The mobile app integration and functionality needs some work, mainly with push notifications. The ability to make global or batch changes on groups of employees is very difficult, if not impossible. It can be difficult to understand the reporting features, you must build your own as the provided template reports just don't cut it.

Allison from GMLLP

Why we choose UltiPro

The UltiPro product that Ultimate Software has provided us is great. Our HR department is able to provide numerous departments real-time and historic reports in minutes. We can schedule reports as well so that everyone has what they need every moment of the day. The product has grown with us as we have grown as a Firm.

Pros

Reporting; All in one solution including Payroll, Performance Management, Recruiting, Onboarding, Benefits; UltiPro listens to customers for changes to the software and puts it into its quarterly updates; cloud based; Customer service availability and response; mobile application; ease of use for administrators and end users; training is free.

Cons

There is nothing that I can really think of at this time. UltiPro has so many positive attributes and there just not any negative.

Judi from Bohannan Huston, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

UltiPro Software Review

Great!! Best HR system I have ever used.

Pros

User friendly; robust reporting, great customer service.

Cons

No cons. Great product through and through.

Matthew from EDGE Clothing Company

This software has the potential to be epic

Heres a scenario: UltiPro shows an announcement for Open Enrollment and a link to read more (from another website, for some reason). Some of those elections can be made in UltiPro, which is brilliant because I dont have to learn how to use a whole new system. But, for no good reason, there are tutorials on how to use the software within the software. Wouldnt it take less time/resources to make the software usable than to make a video about how to use the software? I still think this software could dominate the world (in a good way, that is) because it has a good grip on centralizing the features and minimizing the need to use other software for similar features (except, in our case, to read more about Open Enrollment).

Pros

I like having a centralized hub for everything from Time Management and HSA contribution modifications to company announcements. This software allows for pretty good customization and is not something that is an out of the box solution.

Cons

Some features are used more than others, and the others arent necessarily able to be removed. I also am not sure that a scaled down version makes sense for the mobile app. I think it is predictable that a scaled down version would be a good solution, but removing features for a mobile app seems a bit lazy. It would be better if the mobile app had the same features, just redesigned for a mobile experience. For example: While I may not expect to change my HSA contributions from the mobile app, I should at least be able to see my time off requests and approvals.

Nabeel from Salient CRGT

Effectiveness of Ultipro

Overall, Ultipro is a pretty solid software and it is an extremely vital tool that adds great value to companies looking for payroll and other Human resources solutions.

Pros

Ultipro does a great job to not only provide solutions for a company's payroll but is an extremely helpful and intuitive tool for managing employee benefits and showing pay history, PTO balances, tax forms all in one place.

Cons

One of the downsides of Ultipro is that it sometimes the way it is configured in such that the information it is providing is not real time and is contingent on when the time sheets are actually posted to the accounting system. An employee does not have the ability to check real time pay history or tax information unless that period is completely processed.

Maria from Marco

Decent product but not overly impressed

Pros

We didn't have an HRIS system at all and had over 1,000 employees. Getting a system is better than nothing. We are paperless in the onboarding of new employees which has saved me a lot of tracking down of I9s like we used to have to do. The onboarding has been a great asset for new hires - they can complete all policy forms before starting as well as complete direct deposit, I9, W4 info. That has been very beneficial and new hires say that impressed them!

Cons

There are a lot of times where E-Verify doesn't work with UltiPro so I have to remember to go back when it is working to process a new hire in E-Verify. I have a hard time finding specific information in Core when looking for it. It just seems like the info can be hard to find. There are also a lot of steps to save info. You have to make sure to hit save over and over for the change to take place

Brian from The Fresh Market

Ultipro a huge success

I have been working with Ultipro programming for the past 4 years and I've never personally never had an issue other than trying to access the top bar options such as w-2, direct deposit info, profile

Pros

It gives you a breakdown of your paycheck, accrued time off, vacation, benefits etc. Easy access once you have your login info

Cons

Sometimes hard to access the top bar options w-2 and such. Cant change any info on it unless its through HR

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Better interface, straight forward.

Ashley from LEDIC Management Group

Paperless system

UltiPro has completely changed to the way we as a company perform. Everything is more streamlined and allows us to track the progress electronically versus attempting to reach out via phone. The system has allowed us a company to move forward with a paperless movement.

Pros

We converted to this system in January 2016 and were 100% paper. Two years later and we are almost 100% paperless. This system has a number of resources that allow you to structure your organization.

Cons

The overall conversion process was confusing because we were coming into a system that was already setup. The integration team assumed that we knew everything about the system and several functions were setup incorrectly. However, after they were found it was fairly simple to fix.

Derek from PSAV: Presentation Services Audio Visual

Great benefits selector

It is fantastic. I recently became full-time with my employer of 5 1/2yrs and you have to log onto Ultipro for access to your benefits, punch in and out times and other personal things related to my job, you can also change where your direct deposit goes too as well. Very easy to navigate through as well. I'd highly recommend it, and it gives the organizational list of everyone from the top all the way down to lowest and you can send an email or call (which is listed) in case you need to communicate to a higher up manager for an issue you may have or to compliment anyone you've worked with.

Pros

You can easily choose between what benefits you want and no longer want.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It is fairly easy to use. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for good software for all of your businesses HR needs, etc.

Vikki from IFAW

Industry: Philanthropy

Better than most HCMs

I have found the customer service to be very good. I appreciate that I can activate a case online, describing my need/issue in detail, so that when a customer service rep responds to the case, they have the background needed to research and call with an answer versus tons of questions. I find the response time to be good, typically same day or next day response.

Pros

Thorough, integrated, and fairly easy to use system with a very powerful reporting tool. System is very powerful and Ultimate offers online learning opportunities but it still takes a time commitment to learn the system.

Cons

This is a payroll system first, HCM second so the focus is on employees paid through payroll. No ability to track positions (vacancies) unless you are actively recruiting. The online learning modules are easy but not quite as thorough as needed to connect the dots between modules so it's a good thing they have good customer service.

Jessica from Discovery Benefits Inc.

User Friendly

Pros

1. I find Ultipro to be very user friendly for both admins and our employees. 2. The ability to import one time earnings into the payroll gateway saves a ton of time. 3. By having Ulitpro file our taxes for us, we are able to save time. 4. Their customer service is amazing. When something is urgent, I get it resolved within an hour, at most.

Cons

1. I feel Ultimate time management feels not quite as user friendly as core. i'm excited to see the changes for the release in 2019. 2. FMLA tracking doens't exist which causes us to use an external application to track. At Connections they just came out with a fix for this, so I"m xcited for that.e

Lauren from Rubicon Global

Lots of show, not much substance

Terrible, you're so frustrated with their system and the employees you talk to don't seem to care, but boy do they love their jobs. Honestly its the strangest thing.

Pros

It looks good at first glance- clean look for employees

Cons

Where do I start: implementation was terrible- their team messed up our data, and we are still dealing with the fall out-example they added taxes on our employees(a whole office) incorrectly, bonuses were doubled etc. Promises of feeds being created never occur- still not done and what has been done is incorrect. Reporting, is a nightmare- so much capability, but impossible to use unless you are a programmer or something (and we are a tech company and I have had programmers look at it and can't figure it out). You call Ultipro and that act like the most basic things you should have to pay extra for to have them do. This is actually my second company I've used Ultipro for (I know how did I do this again) so I am very familiar at this point with the system and it still is very hard to use or remember the pathways to get to things, because it is so convoluted for admins. They added a new time system that is terrible- doesn't show basic things like weekly time totals. Onboarding is a nightmare bc we like to keep track of contractors in the system and they act like they've never heard of such a thing (but like we have this system to get off of spreadsheets right?) Just all around terrible, and its frustrating bc it seems like it could be a great system, they've just spread themselves too thin and while all systems function basically, they don't function fluidly together and a lot of the time you can't report easily on what you've spent so much time getting into the system.

Brian from Law

If you are considering transitioning to UltiPro, be extremely cautious.

Pros

Please ignore the "Pros" and "Cons" headers. This review was written as a whole. My company transferred from PayChex to UltiPro in mid-2018. To be fair to UltiPro, the undersigned was not present for any kind of sales pitch, and is not familiar with any of the promises that were made by the UltiPro reps to our company executives. The decision to make the transition was executed without the knowledge or input of the undersigned, who handles approximately 220 employees in a fast-paced, 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, high-turnover retail operation. Most of our employees are hourly entry-level retail staff. The transition was extremely painful, and we received very poor support from the UltiPro transition team, all the while trying to run the regular, already-demanding day-to-day business of our 24/7 organization. Their support consisted of providing us with a number of empty spreadsheets, and expecting us to extract an excruciating amount of employee data from PayChex and enter it into their spreadsheet in their alien format. Again, the undersigned was not present for any sales pitch. I would strongly advise any company considering a transition of this kind to insist that UltiPro shoulder the burden of the transition i.e. give them full and complete access to any information retained by your previous payroll/HR provider, and insist that they and their team transfer the data. Confidentiality of information, while always a concern, should not be an issue UltiPro is going to have the same information retained by your current payroll provider regardless of who transfers the data. Even in a perfect world, where UltiPro shouldered the burden as described above, some additional work is bound to fall upon your shoulders. In my case, a perfect example was the implementation of a more automated paid-time-off (PTO) accrual system and accompanying PTO request/tracking system. Our company had always done this manually, meaning that the undersigned would have to calculate each qualifying employees vacation and/or sick leave time and submit it to UltiPro. Calculation and submission of this information to UltiPro through their spreadsheet was a considerable but gladly-accepted chore, given the expected benefit of an automated PTO system. A spreadsheet was completed and submitted to UltiPro for implementation into their system. Several months later, while preparing to go live, UltiPro informed the undersigned that they would need updated PTO totals. I always love to spend hour upon hour repeating tedious, mind-numbing work. But were not done yet: After going live & receiving numerous calls from frustrated employees complaining that they were receiving errors whenever they attempted to request vacation time, the undersigned discovered that most of the PTO balances submitted to the UltiPro transition team in the spreadsheets had not accurately transferred into the UltiPro TIME module. Almost all of my employees had a balance of zero. The UltiPro transition teams assurance that they would manually compare the spreadsheet with the balances and make the appropriate corrections went unfulfilled, whether due to technical or human error, and one of the undersigneds co-workers was tasked with checking each of the balances one-by-one.

Cons

Another major disappointment with UltiPro is the number of different modules. There is the UltiPro CORE module. There is the UltiPro TIME module. There is the UltiPro TIME OFF AND ALLOWANCE module. There is the UltiPro BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Module. There is the UltiPro CUSTOMER SUCCESS PORTAL, which not only requires a separate login and password, but UltiPro recommends you use the Internet Explorer browser when utilizing it, while recommending the Google Chrome browser for the others. The separate modules leave plenty to be desired in the transfer of information between them i.e. a change to any one piece of employee data may be require multiple entries one for each module. Multiple modules also mean multiple different departments you may need to contact if you have an urgent issue you need resolved. If you are hoping (as I was) that UltiPro would mean only one phone number or one representative that could handle any of your customer service issues, forget it. Another major disappointment: with the transition from PayChex to UltiPro, we went from having a payroll processing deadline of 4pm for next-day delivery to a payroll processing deadline of 12pm for second-day delivery of hard-copy paychecks. To be fair, every time the undersigned has failed to meet this infeasible deadline (to wit: every single payroll), UltiPro has been able to get the checks to us on the 2nd day following completion. But if a holiday falls between completion of your payroll and your company payday, your employees will not see their hard-copy paychecks until the 3rd day following completion. Another: their inability to customize the interface for our companys needs vs. the needs of all their other clients. Example: while entering newly-hired employee data into their system, there are (as would be reasonably expected) a multitude of data fields to complete: i.e. name, SSN, address, hourly rate, etc. etc. One of the necessary fields UltiPro requires for every employee is TIME ZONE. Our company only operates in the U.S. central time zone. Can the system be set up so that this field automatically defaults to U.S. Central Standard Time? Nope. Why not? Because other UltiPro clients operate in other time zones, or in multiple time zones. Repeat this because our other clients answer for a substantial number of other required data fields. Its simply more chances for things to be entered incorrectly; more invitations for other complications and issues. Another: as issues, difficulties or complications arise, UltiPro expects you reduce the problem you are having to writing for entry into their separate CUSTOMER SUCCESS PORTAL, where you receive a claim number, and hopefully a response of some kind within 24 hours. Describing an issue in writing is often challenging & time-consuming, depending upon the complexity of the issue, even for someone with exceptional writing skills. If youre lucky, your problem might have an easy solution. If not, you might engage in a friendly little game of phone tag over the course of the next few days. Im sure UltiPro loves this complaint system, as it most likely serves to discourage complaints or service requests from being made at all. To be fair, there is an UltiPro Rapid Response phone number, but they ask that you use this line only for urgent matters affecting a payroll with a payday within 72 hours of your call. I have yet to experience the standard end-of-year duties and chores with our new UltiPro system. Im sure it will be an absolute delight, all things considered. Im afraid. Very afraid. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers, and if you are considering making this transition, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL.

Response from Micole

Replied December 2018

Hi Brian, Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback. Were really sorry to hear about your experience with us. It seems like there are many things to address, and I would love to assist in improving your experience. If you're interested in working with me on this, please email me at feedback@ultimatesoftware.com. I hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Micole Garatti, Ultimate Software

Natalie from Modern Woodmen of America

User friendly and easy on the admins

Pros

UltiPro has helped our company transition from a mainframe and many paper processes seamlessly. We can now offer employee self service (and transparency), quick report building and generating, process improvement for performance management, a candidate friendly experience and endless possibilities for enabling future functionality (mobile, LMS, etc).

Cons

We are not crazy about the salary planning feature. It is a little clunky for our organization and we wish it was as easy as it is to distribute reviews. This can certainly be improved upon and Ultimate Software listens to their customers, so I think it will be in the future.

Danielle from Anderson Center for Autism

Industry: Philanthropy

Great company and great product.

Pros

UltiPro is very user friendly. The implementation process is very thorough and the specialists make sure you know how to do what you need to do before they let you go on your own. There are always tutorials and trainings to take if things are unclear or if you forget how to do something. They are very supportive. There are many modules/packages to fit every company's needs. The staff are great and it goes all the way up to upper management/CEO.

Cons

It can get very pricey but they work with you to fill your needs the best they can. Certain things that might sound simple may be a custom, which does cost extra.

ANGIE from Good Earth Learning Center

I really loved this HRIS system. It was innovative and kind of a one stop shop.

I loved the experience of launching a different HRIS system and I really appreciated having so much information all in one system.

Pros

I loved being able to keep payroll and other human resource information in the same system. I also loved being able to post jobs and gather applications from this resource.

Cons

The worst part about this system was the changeover and start up. The customer service was not great and it seemed like the turnover for that company during our transition was really high and a lot of communication was lost.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied April 2018

Hi Angie, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you are enjoying our unified HRIS! I'm sorry to hear that implementation was tedious. We actually have been working on a new process to help improve this for new customers. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. I hope you have a wonderful day!