• Pros

• "It was easy to use and easy to set up schedules for staff"

• "Fairly easy to use and navigate. Good reports."

• "Very reliable and accessible. I like that it makes things very simple to do, with very little steps or difficulty."

• Cons

• "The implementation was long and sometimes difficult. Even though the interface is easy to use and easy to change. Some simpler functions are missing."

• "The cost center drop downs could be a little more easier to assess as well as the notes but overall I do enjoy this program and it does make things easier."

• "with the new dashboard changes it was a bit harder to find what I need at first, but there are ample tutorials and it's easy to re-orient yourself"

Browse Paylocity Reviews

John Larry from DrJays.com

Great for Remote Worker

I love Paylocity. My only con isn't an everyday issue that many users will encounter. It was mainly my bad luck. I would highly recommend this product for those that work remotely. I love that I don't have to get to a computer to clock in and out. The app is super easy to use, a child can figure it out in a jiffy.

Pros

clock in / clock out from ANYWHERE Keep track of your hours with a simple click missed punch? No problem. you can fix it yourself (if your HR didn't lock you out of it that is) Impressions section: Your company can give you praises and make it public.

Cons

There was a time that my bank account got compromised so my direct deposit info needed to be changed. It took my HR department a long time to get my info updated and for my pay check to be sent. I work remotely so Paylocity sent my paycheck to my company's office then my company sent the pay check to me through snail mail... with bad luck usps lost the letter.... getting my paycheck processed again took an entire pay period to receive my paycheck.

Krissy from Lloyd Jones

Easily Manage your Timecard, PTO, Benefits, and More with Paylocity!

I have used this service for clocking in/clocking out an managing employee time cards.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Palocity that makes it stand out from other software is the ability to customize and make a profile. You can connect with other teammates, and give each other props and recognition. It really helps build internal relationships, which is a really unique feature for a payroll software.

Cons

The interface for Paylocity is a little confusing in my opinion. It can be a little difficult to navigate the platform when you are new to the software. Sometimes I feel like commonly used tabs/links require a couple of clicks to access, instead of being readily available on the main homepage.

Ean from Cedar Band Corp

Fantastic all in one

Overall, now that everything is set up and correct, we couldn't be happier with the system. It does everything we need, plus some, and it's an all in one portal instead of having to log into 5 or 6 different systems all the time. The employees love it also since they can access everything they need in one place as well.

Pros

This combines several different services together in one place. Recruiting, HRIS, payroll, timekeeping, and even benefit admin are all in one system. Using one database for all of these systems, there is no repeat of data entry, which lowers the opportunity for mistakes dramatically. The employees have access to their own profile and can make changes and view their paystubs and tax documents at their leisure. Getting rid of the multiple different service providers saved us a bunch of money at the same time.

Cons

Implementation of a new system always has its issues, but the implementation team for our job seemed a little inept. There were several mistakes made that took quite a bit of time (both my team's and their's) to fix.

December 2014

Cherina from Eleven

2.5

December 2014

Paylocity - Web Pay

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Cher from CSP Technologies

Industry: Packaging and Containers

A Good Fit For Us

Our experience overall has been a good one. Personally, I believe Paylocity is a good fit for our company. It’s enabled us to manage all of our payroll needs for our company, including multiple departments and cost centers. Processing payroll is fairly easy and straightforward. Paylocity handles all of the payroll deductions and sends the payments to the appropriate tax/government agency/insurance company etc. Employees get an electronic pay stub which can be printed if they wish. By going into the Employee Portal, they can also view or print their older pay stubs at any time. This gives employees a lot of visibility into their own pay history. Some employees have had difficulty navigating the system but most seem to appreciate the employee portal.

Pros

Paylocity's WebPay offers a large number of standard reports, and also the ability to create custom reports. I haven’t tried to create a custom report as the reports we use were already created and in use by the time I was hired. I have to say that I’ve found the reports we use give me all the information I need as an accountant, and I’m happy with the level of detail I have access to in the reports and the ability to export the data into an Excel file. We're quite pleased with the customer service we've received. We have a dedicated payroll specialist at Paylocity who has been very responsive whenever we’ve needed assistance. Sometimes she will need to look into an issue for me and get back to me. She always comes through in a timely fashion and we have no complaints about support.

Cons

Some of our employees have complained that they have trouble navigating the employee portal. Typically these have been employees that aren’t terribly tech savvy, so if you have similar issues there could be a learning curve but eventually most can learn to use the system without too much trouble.

Jennifer from Home Bay

Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR

Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros

We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

Laure from J.S. Helwig & Son, LLC

Hindsight is 20/20

Time saving is the biggest advantage to Paylocity. That's the most I can say. There are hidden "surprises" once you're fully integrated and there's no turning back. I can say with complete honesty that given the opportunity, I would not choose Paylocity again.

Pros

The appearance of this software and its ease of use is what drew me toward Paylocity. I believed that employees could easily navigate through Paylocity as the tabs are straight forward and the screens visually appealing.

Cons

The software is not as flexible as Paylocity would have you believe. We faced many struggles throughout our implementation and have still been struggling with policies 7 mos into our time with them. We did extensive research and asked hundreds (literally) of questions throughout the vetting process and it seems that much of what we expected is not happening.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The ease of use of options Paylocity allegedly offered.

Kendall from FMI

Paylocity

Overall Paylocity is great, I love the onboarding, for the most part, is good with PTO feature works well and it is an easy system to keep track of the staff.

Pros

I love the onboarding process, that the candidates get sent the onboarding paperwork before they start, that it is easy for me to set them up and for them to do the paperwork.

Cons

I do not understand that you have to put in so much detail about the pay. The salary, hourly, weekly, I feel that you should put in the salary and that it should then do the math for you. Also, for the PTO tracking, I feel that it should show you what you have left to use after you book the day off so that people do not feel they have more time available to take off than they really do.

Joshua from Family HealthCare

Awesome!

It's been great. Makes it easy for our employees to log their time.

Pros

My favorite part about paylocity by far is the ability to connect tax documents when filing taxes. It makes it so easy!

Cons

There are some limitations and will take some time to set up specifically to your use case, but the support is awesome and once you get it figured out, it's pretty smooth. Could use some more customizable/user friendly reporting though.

Courtney from Bottom Line

Checks are easy to view, but time off is confusing

I like the display, just some of the functionality is confusing.

Pros

I like that for every check you receive, you can see charts to break down earnings and deductions. It's easy to tell where your money is going.

Cons

The calculations for paid time off are confusing, since the amount showing on your check does not reflect time not yet accrued.

Adam from Gladiator Law Marketing

Does what I need it to but there are better options available.

It processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.

Cons

The software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.

Chandler from Anderson Paper and Packaging Company

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve

I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pros

I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Cons

Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

Cil from TradeLink

Paylocity Review

I used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.

Pros

The "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.

Cons

Our company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.

Glenn from Anderson Paper & Packaging Co.

Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy

I would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.

Pros

The support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.

Cons

Since our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.

David from IF Creative

Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client

Paylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.

Pros

Paylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.

Cons

I can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.

Tammy from Surgical Specialists of SW FL

Administrative Director

It is more time efficient with respect to hand entering time. There also is the fact that you can't make a punch-in error. All in all, over time I think this will be a great solution. There is just a lot to learn up front.

Pros

It is very convenient that it flows directly into Payroll. You can still make changes once it has been sent to the Payroll side, which is very nice in case you miss something. It saves a lot of time entering everyone's various hours, PTO, sick, etc. It is a huge time saver from that respect. The steps to do payroll are quite a bit more, but it is still nicer than entering all the time.

Cons

Trying to fix a time card where someone either forgot to punch out or punched out/in late and has to be corrected tends to be an issue. Additionally, when looking at the time off calendar it will only show so many names and then you have to click another button to see the remaining names of the people who are off. I wish the calendar would expand to allow all names to show so no scheduling errors would occur.

Britnie from VAA, LLC

Great HRIS System

The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros

This system has many of the key features we were looking for: -payroll system -easy to manage HRIS -good implementation -good response time from our contacts -many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons

Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Marie from Trico Corporation

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Emily from Lewis and Palmer Benefits

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros

Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons

I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Jennifer from Community West Bank

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Pros

Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons

Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

Megan from Traffic Planning and Design, Inc.

It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella.

Pros

Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Cons

There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.

K Michele from Onsite Safety

Paylocity Web Time

In our company, we use Paylocity Web Time to record the time we work for each day, which allows us to reflect our accountability to our supervisor in real-time regardless of whether he/she is in the office, at a meeting off-site, or out in the field.

Pros

I've been using the Paylocity application for two years. I use Web Time to clock in for the day, sign out to take a break or lunch, or to clock out at the end of each work day. I also use the Web Time feature to request time off when I need to schedule a professional day off (PTO). The thing I like most about Paylocity and the Web Time feature is how easily accessible it is. So whether a user works in an office or out in the field, Paylocity Web Time is easily available to use for the user via their desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.

Cons

In the past two years, I have yet to discover a con about the Web Time feature.

A great software for payroll and HR!

Pros

I love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!

Cons

This software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.

LeighAnn from RWC

You can do SOOO much better

None. I spent SOO much time trying to fix issues on a regular basis. Complete waste of time.

Pros

GPS tracking for mobile punchers. Nothing more

Cons

Oh gosh...how much time do you have??? There are so many issues. I guess I'll try to hit the highlights. The City mandated paid sick time- it took them SIX MONTHS to get this programmed CORRECTLY. My ACA forms were completed incorrectly. I received notices from the IRS for two of my four companies that the forms needed to be redone and resubmitted. Paylocity never responded to my WEEKLY requests for updates on the status of the corrections. I ended up manually correcting and resubmitting myself. We made updates to our 401k plan. It took a month for them to get the matches calculated correctly and we didn't know until Q3 that when they did the set-up, they click a box to over-ride IRS regs (WHY is there even such a thing???) so I had employees that over contributed and over matched. When raising the issue with PL, the Rep said to just refund the excess (clearly he had no idea about 401k rules). On another occassion, last check of the year, my payroll person had to re-process a check for someone with 401k. When re-running the check she noticed the 401k contribution was missing (she didn't realize he hit the yearly max) so she contacted Paylocity. The Rep told her to CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE'S DOB!!!! so the system would allow a catch-up contribution and then change it back after she processed the check. HE WAS NOT ALLOWED A CATCH-UP. Needless to say, the employee received a distribution the next year for the excess contribution. HORRIBLE response to issues.

Pamela from Legacy.com

Paylocity is an agravating time clock and needs serious help and upgrading to actually be user friendly.

This tedious piece of tech has caused me a ridiculous amount of frustration just trying to accomplish a SIMPLE task that should barely be given thought during the working day. The whole point, I thought, was to make the experience seamless and help productivity. I am highly annoyed that my company chose Paylocity over the system we had previously, which I never gave a second thought, and mind you, can't recall the name of because it WAS THAT EFFICIENT. I am not the only person at my company who had had to make due with this sub par program. It needs serious work to make it actually function, and is not worth whatever my company paid for it.

Pros

I am not a fan of Paylocity at all, to be frank. I am an employee who has to use this unfortunate piece of software, and on my end...it's a hair pulling fest more often than not.

Cons

1. The fact that I have to SIGN in and then PUNCH in. If I had to do it only ONCE a day, it would be less of a bear. But I have to clock in and out four times. There is no idle clock timer or somesuch that can even be reset, so I have to slog through this redundant system four times every day. I love how going to "sign in" for my lunch break, that it has to sign me out first. ?? That's maddening. 2. How Paylocity loves to forget that I'm only on ONE device every week or two. There's nothing like trying to clock in and spending two minutes having to answer a security question while it spins its wheels. This is NOT efficient, and agravating. Other employees at my company have endured the same slovenly programmed issue. 3. It's finicky as all get out when trying to put in for time off. You can't fill in certain fields, or it will hiccup. You also can't put in for several days in a row because of the same, so of course, there's the tedious process of entering EVERY day you need separately. And, a simple mouse click and Paylocity's whim can even deny you a day off, which you then have to question your manager about, who admits it was the software. AGAIN. 4. Loading time. Again, I love going to clock in on time or early and have Paylocity play games such as taking it's sweet time to load the screen, or populate the field with my password so I can properly log in on top of everything else I have mentioned. Because I have a ludicrous amount of passwords I need to type in for my job already, the last thing I need is to have to remember ONE MORE.

Alison from Up and Out, Inc.

Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over

Their sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.

Pros

There are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.

Cons

We were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues. For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things: 1. It does not add the differential at all 2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours 3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to 4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential 5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours 6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that

Stephanie from Tesloop

AVOID.

I have not had much success with my account manager. I have not had a great experience with the setting up of the product, and ultimately left Paylocity.

Pros

Paylocity looks great, and offers a lot of functionality. It's fairly easy to jump in and start using on some levels; but you can build it to be as sophisticated as you need. This is probably good software for large companies that want to build a lot of compliance and have remote workers. It worked well for us for our remote staff. Some of their payroll specialists are great; and it's never a super long wait for phone or chat support.

Cons

They have some kind of staffing issues, or managerial issues because their support experience is very spotty and unreliable. I've had to pay for services I didn't end up needing to have. I've had a TERRIBLE experience with their tax team. Your account manager MEANS NOTHING. They won't check in on your account, they won't be actively watching over anything. The set up barrier of entry here is high; you will have to spend a lot of time setting your stuff up, and it can be convoluted. I had THREE separate login ID's, they claim this was cause of our different classes of workers... which made little sense. I

David from Centerline Solutions LLC

Paylocity is a very powerful and very customizable payroll solution

Pros

Paylocity has enabled our organization to export very complex and detailed GL import files for the payroll journal entries. No other payroll software we looked at (Paychex, ADP, Quickbooks) offered functionality that even came close. Furthermore, they post the charges and refunds to our bank in bulk charges (by payroll) which makes the reconciles much easier and the tying out of the transactions to the payroll Journal Entry quick and easy. In my experience with ADP for example, there were hundreds of transactions that would hit the bank and I would end up calling customer support almost every payroll to determine what the charges were actually for.

Cons

Creating custom reports can be, at times, more confusing than I would like. That said, I have successfully created many custom reports and a lot of the difficulty is due to the number of earning, tax, and deduction codes that we have (164+ different types of earning, taxes, and other deductions).

Jason from Pepin Academies

The software works and customer service is excellent.

Our experience has been great. We moved from the big three letter company and have been very happy. The customer service experience is night and day compared to our old payroll company.

Pros

I use WebPay for all of our payroll needs. We are able to separate locations, job codes and have different pay rates for different codes for the same employee. Imports from WebTIme all of our hourly staff members with minimal oversight. Reports are useful and robust.

Cons

I wish they had an education version that would show what an employee earns based on a school schedule rather than on a typical annual schedule for traditional businesses.

Saily from Atlanta International School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Our school uses Paylocity to manage our payroll and we are very pleased with this software

1. Secure processing of payroll 2. Excellent reporting capabilities 3. Assistance with quarterly payroll taxes reporting and filing 4. Optimal internal controls for payroll processing duties

Pros

Paylocity is easy to use and allows our school to effectively manage a payroll of 200+ employees on a by-monthly basis. You can rely on pre-designed reports or you can create your own report depending on your needs. Our customer service representative is very responsive and knowledgeable about Paylocity's features. Our employees can create personal accounts to track their paystubs, W2 forms and payroll information. Our school also uses Paylocity services to complete Federal and State taxes quarterly reporting which is very helpful because we can rest assured that reports are being filed on a timely and accurate manner. Their processing fees are very competitive when compared to other providers. Overall, we are very pleased with Paylocity.

Angela from Mulberry Properties

Easy to manage time cards.

I like being able to clock in from my mobile device when connected to a supported wifi signal. The manager function allows me to see which employees are on the clock at any given time. I can add and make edits to any logged punches for my employees and review their timesheets daily. I like being able to easily access all of my pay stubs as well. In my opinion, it has been helpful with keeping up with time and pay.

Pros

I like that I can clock in/out from my mobile device when connected to the coordinated wifi.

Cons

I could never get the app to work so I would have to log into the website and sometimes it was hard to find the right page to log in.

Chelsea from The Mariners Museum

Industry: Museums and Institutions

The organization I work for uses Paylocity to track work hours and pay!

Pros

I love the "Impressions" feature- you can award fellow employees with impressions of good work they have accomplished, and everyone can read them. It's a great way to acknowledge a job well done! The time-tracking is fairly easy to use, as well. I like that the home page shows every area that I would need to navigate to, and I can do so quickly.

Cons

It was a little hard to figure out at first. You have to click "approve" after typing in your hours, before clicking save. Maybe it is different for other organizations, but that part confused me at first. We type our hours in manually and I was clicking "save" but no hours were being recorded because I hadn't first clicked "approve".

Louis from Connections for Abused Women and their Children

Industry: Philanthropy

Resonably priced with good features.

Pros

Price is highly competitive and the software functions well. Help screens are useful and easy to get too. Payroll submission is quick and consistently accurate. support is knowledgeable but see below. Overall a good experience for small to medium companies concerned about the bottom line.

Cons

Thought you get a dedicated customer service person you are highly unlikely to ever get directly to them. You will be offered the option of leaving a message for a call back or be transferred to other support staff. So in reality you talk to a different person each time. this is offset somewhat by the generally good support. some screens are not highly intuitive but easily learn able. One small irritant for me is that if you want the paper copies of your checks to come iin sealed rather than unsealed envelopes it is ten cents a check. Talk about nickel and dimeing..

Robbin from Bryant Crematory Services

Industry: Machinery

So Easy

Before WebPay every employee had to be handed a paper check stub, now everyone receives one electronically and can print them or not. Our employees can print past stubs if needed and the H/R department doesn't have to be involved.

Pros

This software is so easy to use, employees can see their time cards, their pay stubs, even edit their own tax forms. They can request vacation days right from the time clock and not have to fill out paper forms. Everyone in our company loves WebPay.

Cons

So far I have not found anything that I do not like about WebPay.

Collin from Trunk Club

Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses

If you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you. In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!

Pros

Payroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic. Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees. Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless. Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day). Pricing is competitive!

Cons

The software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought. Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors. We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.

Donna from Paramount Marketing Group LLC

Basic application works well. However buyer beware - if you have more than one pay frequency

Pros

Payroll changes are easy. Integration with our 401k provider and Employee Navigator for benefits enrollments/updates works well. Support usually answers quickly.

Cons

We have exempt employees on semi-monthly pay group and non-exempt employees on bi-weekly pay group. The PTO tracking system does NOT WORK with this configuration. Their only "solution" is to run a report each time you process payroll to see which employees have a PTO anniversary that falls within that period and enter a penny check if they aren't part of that particular pay run so that their PTO will reset. It is absurd to base PTO rollovers on whether or not an employee got paid in the payrun that includes their anniversary. And an employee shouldn't have to wait for payrun to see their new balance - ie if your anniversary is on 6/3 but payroll runs 6/15, you can't see your correct balance until 6/15. Further, it took more than 6 months of complaining that PTO accruals weren't working properly for them to finally admit the issue. Got many many different answers depending on who I talked with. However, they say this is a perfectly logical way of handling and have no plans to revise the process. Software should never require such a manual operation. Funny it will clear the old balance, but it won't update with the new bank of PTO hours. This has been a nightmare, and we are looking for alternative solution. A shame since we like most of the other features. I will say that the reports system is not very good either. You can convert some reports to Excel, but they do not format in a way that makes sense. Looks like a .pdf got dumped into a spreadsheet.

September 2016

Steven from ITZAPARTY!

September 2016

Payroll Processing & HR Solution

Pros

Ease of use for remote managers/departments Reporting: Stock report library is fairly comprehensive and custom report writer works well to fill any specific needs No additional charges for updates such as the ACA tracking and reporting system.

Cons

No integrated 401k/retirement module. This requires manual data entry unlike the ADP/MyKplan where everything is linked and managed almost entirely through the core P/R module as far as weekly/biweekly contributions. The onboarding process was bumpy at best. The files needed from ADP (our former P/R processor) to proceed with the conversion were not spelled out as clearly as they should have been. Once we got up and running the experience improved.

Molly from NGW

Paylocity

As I mentioned in the pros is that there are several ways to use the system. It would be great if they provided their clients with best practices of how to use the different functionalities to ensure their customers are getting the most value out of the system. The price point is good compared to many other systems. They just have some things to work on.

Pros

It is an open ended system which is great as it can integrate with several other systems. It has a lot of functionality which you can cater to your individual needs for the most part.

Cons

Customer service is okay. The response time is good the problem is the reps that you talk to seem to only be an expert in one area and their knowledge does not cross functions.

Janis from Checker Distributors

Industry: Wholesale

Great tool for businesses of all size

Overall, I am very happy with the program and look forward to using it everyday!

Pros

I love the ease of entering employee information into the system. Paylocity allows both the employer and employee to view their benefit information and payroll information quickly.

Cons

Over the years I have seen a lot of changes with Paylocity. At this point, I have very little negative feedback about the software. If anything, the customer service could improve by providing updates on where open tickets stand.

Sharon from HR Unleashed

Solid Payroll & HRIS Platform

Pros

Relatively easy set-up and it has a module for most things you would want to add on - time & attendance, benefits w/carrier feeds, performance management, etc...

Cons

It can take a few days to drill down with the customer service to get the answers/help that you need. My experience has been that the first response is not necessarily accurate and after you get them to ask around or check with a supervisor you get a better response with options for what you're trying to solve for.

Flor from Ambria College of Nursing

WebPay To Monitor Employee Time Off and Other HR Functions

Overall, I would say that this is a great Human Resource tool where you can see all pertinent HR information and data for people you supervise. Plus, Form W2 is available in it.

Pros

I can see how much Paid Time Off my staff has available before I approve them for their current and future requests.

Cons

Constant checking or changing of password required. I know this is for security purposes but sometimes it annoys me that if I use a different computer I am always asked for the security questions.

Accurate information for accounting

Very beneficial as it is easy to use so easy to teach.

Pros

The employee end is easy to use so if there is a missed clock in or an issue with one of the rows we can easily have it corrected quickly. The fact that the employees can also do this through the app after hours helps us on the back end as well.

Henry from Goettl Air Conditioning

We switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity.

Pros

In our HVAC & Plumbing company, as we continued to expand and grow, we switched from TAG Payroll Services to Paylocity. The main Pro truthfully is that the cost was cheaper to manage our company. Another bonus is that the way that a paycheck is broken down and displayed is quite aesthetic--it's big, bold, colorful, and easy to read.

Cons

With the switch from Tag Payroll Services to Paylocity, the one function I do miss is the employee birthday calendar. It might sound silly, but I think it built a lot of comradery to be able to see whose birthday it was that week in the building. Minor grievance, but nothing we can't live without. Also sometimes the log in feature seems buggy--the password is inputted correctly, but the login doesn't take it.

Love the App

Pros

The app makes this so much better. The fact that we can log in and fix our approvals or check our balances away from the office is great. I also like getting the push notifications when the vacation is approved.

Cons

The time off request form is hard to find on the desk top since I have to go to a couple different screens instead of having it readily accessible. I don't know if that is their setup though or our company's choice.

Deborah from E3

Industry: Oil & Energy

Pros

Daily use of the database is intuitive, and they provide training resources to help users learn the system.

Cons

First line customer service reps are typically great at answering simple questions, but can't help with complex problems. The company does have a knowledge base employed but the experts are not your first line of contact. It may take several emails with the first line person to get to someone who can really help you.

Steven from New Horizons Supported Services Inc.

Gets the job done!

The Web Time software gets the job done and I am definitely glad that our company uses this tool.

Pros

I like the way it keeps track of the employees time and alerts the time keeper when an employee has missed punches. I also like the fact that it has an app that the employees that work mainly in the communities can clock in their time without being in the main building.

Cons

I would have love to see an easier option when generating reports.

Kent from Rodhe's IGA Marketplace

Industry: Supermarkets

Robust

Overall, Paylocity's Web Pay has been a great payroll partner. We're able to achieve of the payroll functions we need and then some. Reporting tools are also very useful to better manage our business.

Pros

Very intuitive user experience. Able to process payroll qucikly and easily.

Cons

Holiday setup. When you have part-time and full-time employees as well as different holiday pay types, it can get a bit tricky to unsure each employee is being correctly compensated.

Janice from PBM

If you are looking for a HMIS, Paylocity is it!!! Look no further!!

Pros

Very, very user friendly. All information for employees are all together and information can be accessed from different views. This system is absolutely amazing.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about Paylocity. The one thing I wish they had was a function where I could copy timecards from one person to the next but because everything else is amazing, that's just a small price to pay for perfection.

B+ payroll software

Pros

There are some very powerful reporting features to help show turnover and labor expenses at a moments notice. There are also hundreds of other reports that help with government reporting.

Cons

Customer support is up and down - we have gone through a few account managers in the two years we've used it. Our current is not the most customer service friendly individual you would expect to see if front of customers a

Tracey from St. Brendan HS

Paylocity Review

Paylocity is wonderful. A lot of things I can look up on the software in lieu of going to the HR p rson, like sick days, vacation days, payroll questions, etc...

Pros

Some of the best features of this software is the ease of clocking in and out of work, checking your pay stub, requesting vacation days and checking to see how many sick days and vacation days I have earned

Cons

Some times it is hard to clock in and out using the iphone.