• Pros

• "It is very comprehensive and easy to use. I like that you can learn it yourself. I loved the interface, the reporting capabilities. "

• "It was easy to learn and over all use on a daily basis work well for me "

• "IT IS SO EASY TO NAVIGATE, EASY REPORTING SYSTEM. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST. I WAS NEVER SO HAPPY WITH A PAYROLL SYSTEM AS I AM WITH KRONOS."

• Cons

• "Kronos can be a little hard to navigate at first but they do provide excellent training options "

• "The security features are nice however, for our regular employees they are a bit much and they tend to lock themselves out constantly. "

• "Navigating around the system can at times be a little clunky. Although the search feature has been very beneficial."

Browse Kronos Workforce Ready Reviews

Courtney from Sacred Heart Health System

Easy to use as an employee

This software is very reliable and secure when it comes to the employee's information. Being able to log in and see what HR sees in their system made it easy to see what needed to be updated. Also, being able to request time off through the software eliminated the paper trail of trying to get it signed off.

Pros

Clocking in and clocking out of work was a breeze. Kronos allowed us to clock in/out via the computer or by swiping our IDs at the time clock.

Cons

There were a few times that the software didn't catch a time where I swiped in or out of work. Luckily, my manager is able to go into the Kronos software an immediately fix the time card

Adriane from T-Mobile

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Kronos Mobile VS Kronos Desktop

The overall experience is positive. I have been using Kronos in the work environment for over 4 years and the software has drastically improved. I feel that additional tweaks on the desktop software could really make a difference in user experience and minor tweaks in the app would make it perfect. I think that the app is great for everyday smartphone users, but the desktop software could really be the most beneficial for management.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Kronos on a smart phone. The Kronos app on both android and iOS are extremely easy to navigate and are not drastically complicated to understand. If anything the app itself is very straightforward and also easy enough to give clear directions to another user. Overall, my favorite thing about this app is the ability to request time off. Putting in a request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that its equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Kronos has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesnt take as long to login like it used to. Putting in the request for time off is just a simple as selecting time off request, the days, and the amount of hours that you want to use. I think that its equally easy to punch in as well as punch out. The latest software updates to Kronos has also made the launching speed of the app much faster so it doesnt take as long to login like it used to

Cons

I feel that the software is generally straightforward and pretty easy to navigate, but there are just a few features that could use some tweaking or updates. for example when I log into Kronos on the mobile app and want to look at my weekly schedule it can be a little confusing since the week is shown in a vertical format rather than a horizontal week format. The reason that this becomes a little confusing is due to the amount of numbers that are showing on one screen in a Vertical list format. For example the schedule would show 9/1 and then underneath, the timeframe for work would show 9 AM to 1 PM. Although I am not dyslexic myself I feel that this could be a little bit more friendly to people who struggle with visual number reception. If it were to show a printable pdf option as well, that could be very beneficial for users who like a tangible schedule. The next thing about Kronos that I would like to discuss is that the application is far more user-friendly for requesting time off than the desktop Kronos software. Its almost an Easter egg hunt to try to find the option to request time off on the desktop. Additionally, the amount of time it takes to log into the desktop to punch in for work is a bit annoying. Lastly, I wish there was an option for a shift request. For example, if a person wanted to work In the evening as a request they could submit it to management to approve. It would be useful for small things.

Jana from Lifeways Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Kronos

Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros

I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons

I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

Reasons for Choosing Kronos Workforce Ready

The size and capabilities that were offered

Alejandro from Fred Finch

new user

overall Kronos has been a mixed bag. there are features we greatly enjoy that allows for flexibility, modifications, and different ways of doing this. there are features that seem that should be in the system that are not causing us to add manual work to that was previously automated. the system looks very beautiful, but can require a lot of clicks to get to one spot. there is room for much growth to make it an amazing system

Pros

the system allows a bit more flexibility in terms of security for different types of users, alerts to employees. we like the calendar option where you can just simply select the date under employee information We are not charged for setting up alerts Recruitment - We like the ability to add, delete, and modify questionnaires once they are active. I like the do to bell list being a one stop shop for employees. We like that the system is just one system as a whole rather than multiple "compatible" systems.

Cons

it would be helpful if the system had shortcuts such as control S, O to open up things. it would be helpful if you do not have to input slashes on dates. if you can just input it. It would be good if there was an option to create email alert for inventory section sometimes the automatic email reports do not work the way they should there are several sections that are dual entry. it can get repetitive. the job change history is useful, however, the effective date is according to the date we changed it in the system, not the ACTUAL effective date. making direct deposit accounts inactive is frustrating where a new full/remaining account cannot be added if there is a previous one currently in existence even if it is inactive. cannot delete direct deposit accounts is frustrating too. Recruitment -it would be good if items such as applicants, resumes, and questionnaires can be accessed instead of multiple different locations Needs stronger ACA assistance for employers. everything is eastern time. need to take into consideration that some clients are western or central and are open later than 5 EST and trainings are too early at 7 EST.

Reasons for Choosing Kronos Workforce Ready

overall, this system appealed to our employees and the HR/Finance teams during the presentation. we liked what was shown to us and it's capabilities. We also liked that the system had a single sign with our Relias Training system (although it turned out, you can only have single sign on from Relias to Kronos not visa-versa).

Majeeda from Gurnee Park District

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

A good software but not unfortunately designed for Park Districts.

I liked the support staff that helped me with issues that arose. In particularly, I want to say that they were great, even though, they could not always help me. They made an honest effort and tried to even make logical solutions to help remedy my issues. Rep was by far my favorite support persons. Please let them know that I appreciated their time and energies. They did a tremendous job helping me with the software and always followed up and followed through. I will miss our lengthy support sessions!

Pros

There was some level of customizing available.

Cons

It was not a software designed for an organization like mine, a park district. In our organization, most employees work in more than one role at all times. Kronos could only keep general record of one job with one pay rate to each employee (we did not have the Payroll portion of Kronos). Some notifications that we needed were not available. Creating forms from scratch was difficult. Webinars were very long (3 Hours). Kronos was not as customizable for us as we had hoped. many things that we wanted to do with the system were not possible. Applicants had a hard time applying through the software. I had constant issues with log-ins.

Reasons for Choosing Kronos Workforce Ready

Other products did not have as many offerings as Kronos in the same company. We were hoping (and were told) that Kronos was going to be very customizable, and an all-encompassing software that could become our main source of recordkeeping, applicant tracking, performance management for our employees. If we were happy with the product, we were even contemplating using payroll, time and attendance, etc.

Lindsay from AMSCO Windows

Industry: Warehousing

HR's best friend

Kronos has definitely been a learning curve from our older Kronos processor. It has been such a help to have the one-on-one help of the Kronos implementation team. We couldn't have done it without them. We are in the transition stage, which has also been very helpful. Overall, we are excited for the possibilities of what we can do with KWR, but still learning where things are, and the differences of how to complete tasks compared to our old processor.

Pros

I like the idea of customization of the different pages. I like the centralized information found on the employee information page.

Cons

I dislike that it doesn't have the same features across the whole software. Some reports can pull any columns into the report, and some reports don't have certain columns. It makes for a lot of jumping from report to report. It would be much easier and more convenient if you could generate the same columns into different reports. The other thing that we have disliked is the lack of customization on the dashboard.

Anna from Wallowa Memorial Hospital

In our 2nd year - post implementation

We initially bought all modules available and in the end we cancelled several. We retained HR, talent acquisition, time and payroll. We are not currently using talent acquisition or HR for onboarding as the initial workflows set up are not functioning properly and we've not been able to fix them.

Pros

The reporting functionality is super easy to use and very helpful. You can report on most anything in the system and since most everything can be exported to excel it's easy to slice and dice for whatever your purposes.

Cons

Payroll functionality and customer support. Time keeping works fine but once things are crossed over into payroll, things don't always translate as they are supposed to.

Derek from AAA

Time Corrections

As a mid level manager I still have not used Kronos to its full capacity, in the future at my company I will be trained on how to use it further. From what I do use it for now it is a fairly easy program to use. I look forward to more training and using it for more.

Pros

Pulls up easily with internet access to punch in and out. As far as making time card corrections it is a fairly easy process once you have taken the training and have done a few corrections. Without taking the training or being trained by someone, I would not attempt to do any time corrections for employees

Cons

The way the hours are shown on the earnings time card are misleading at least for the company I work for, if you are one that likes to calculate what you would be making this may be difficult. Functions a bit slow, seems as if it is the actual program and not the internet speed.

Morgan from The Ohio State University

Good timesheet management

Good for making sure employees are clocked in and have time.

Pros

Good for clocking in and managing time for workforce. This helps with accountability and tracking time.

Cons

My understanding is that this program is not cheap, so it's not always an attractive alternative to free programs.

Lara from The New York Times

Industry: Newspapers

Not the most user-friendly time management system

My experience with Kronos has been somewhat frustrating. While I like keeping track of time and attendance using software, I wish this one were more user friendly.

Pros

My company has used Kronos for a long time for keeping track of time and attendance. Having this digital system eliminates a lot of human errors in processing our hours worked and time off, and it generally makes the process of entering hours relatively smooth.

Cons

I've never found the software to be easy or intuitive to work with and often have to ask our HR department questions about how to use it properly. I've had issues keeping track of my time off and banked holidays, and figuring out my correct count has sometimes taken a lot of effort.

Response from Kronos

Replied January 2020

Greetings Lara, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. It's great to hear that the product eliminates a lot of human errors in processing your hours worked and time off, and how it generally makes the process of entering hours relatively smooth. When it comes to the software ease of use - please feel free to contact me at Alaina.Froton@kronos.com to discuss your issues further. I can also help provide you with some resources that may help with some of your issues. Thank you again for your review. Alaina Froton Customer Marketing Specialist

Lisa from Forks Community Hospital

Kronos Review

I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros

I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons

We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

Bruce from CATCH Intelligence

Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs

We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros

Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons

Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Connie from Center for Human Services, Inc

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Kronos WFR is Amazing

One of the things Kronos worked hard with us was to get our Weighted Average Overtime process set-up. We are semi-monthly payroll and this sometimes creates some issues. Kronos worked with us determined to find a way to make this work and they didn't stop until it was resolved. We also do a Allocation report and Kronos Support help us get a report put together to pull out our monthly allocation by labor cost departments. They did not quit working with us until this report was what we needed. It actually turned out better than what we had in the past. Some of what we do as a company is sometimes different than the norm. Kronos as worked with us on each of this things so that the program works for what we need to get things done in the most efficient way possible with the most accurate information. I personally would not want to go to another Software Company.

Pros

We have been with Kronos family since around 2000. In 2015 we transition from Kronos Central to Kronos Workforce Ready. During the time with Workforce Ready, I enjoy how they are constantly changing and updating to stay up on current trends. The best part is that with all the changes, we are able to update and move to the new functions without any issues. If there is something we are not sure of, a request for support is available with a knowledgably support tech to help us get to the next level. Kronos Workforce Ready is able to keep us up to date with the latest technology trends and required reporting. Creating reports and pulling information has never been easier. Basically I have found that whatever I think of, Kronos can do it.

Cons

We were one of the first jumping on board with Kronos Workforce Ready in 2014 when things really started taking off for this program. So our implementation was a little stressful, but Kronos listen to us and has worked hard to resolve the early implementation issues. Support has improved and it is more than support when they are called they are full of suggestions to help improve processes that are used.

Leesa from Toppan Photomasks

Promised everything would work with our setups, but only about half was delivered. We've learned to live with it by implementing manual work arounds that put the responsibility employee & the payroll analyst.

Pros

Most of the reporting functions are great. The general look and feel of the website is great. Time clocks were easy to update when we got new badges and we never have issues with missed punches. The Manage Payroll function works well. It's easy to make changes to most features to get it working how we want it.

Cons

It's difficult to use with shift differential on time off requests. It requires multiple requests off from the employee just to get paid their shift diff correctly. The accruals function is terrible. It doesn't forecast into the future, which is a HUGE issue for employees & management. This doesn't let employees request for time off using future accrued time off. And, it doesn't give them any way to plan for future vacations. The fact that everything hinges on the anniversary date causes a lot of employee confusion. The Current Balance is supposed to account for Scheduled time off, but when the Scheduled time off is after the employee's anniversary date, it doesn't deduct from the Current Balance, so it causes a ton of confusion. Also, the Current Accrued column makes no sense to employees or even me, and I'm technically the 'Kronos expert' at my company. It would be great if you could get rid of Current Accrued & Taken columns since they cause more confusion and questions than anything else. When an employee using a Bulk Hours schedule requests time off in the current pay period, once the manager approves it, it populates their time card with the time off rows, but it doesn't delete the working hours, so suddenly they have 8 hours of work and 8 hours of vacation on the same day. While the support desk personnel are helpful, it can be very inconvenient to wait 1-3 days to get help with an issue or question. It's also hard to stop everything I'm doing when Kronos is ready to help me. I feel like my only choice is to drop everything I'm doing, because this is my chance, and I don't want to put it off another day. I feel like this puts all the convenience on Kronos support and none of the convenience on the customer. It would be nice to be able to talk to someone when I have the problem and I'm working on it. The Kronos update webinars to hear about new features & updates are painful to sit through. The presenter sounds like she's reading a prepared essay for a 7th grade class. I tried attending three webinars, and it was always the same. I feel like I learn nothing with this presentation style because I'm so distracted by the robotic presentation.

Michele from Datwyler Pharma Packaging

Workforce Ready

This is a good program for our purposes, and it is used by accounting and HR. I can't comment for accounting, but HR is making good use of the program.

Pros

After training (and retraining,) I am able to maneuver through the program easily. It's good to be able to adjust the company settings so that some fields are auto filled, such as our benefits guidelines. Reports are easy to customize, although I need more practice because I only run them infrequently. It's good to be able to save reports for ease of running them the next time. Easy to download to excel for further customizing the reports. I have admin access, so I am able to get whatever information I need quickly, without being blocked. I am in the program many times throughout the day. It's easy to manage my own time and requests for time off as well, both for myself and on behalf of others (when they forget!) The benefits feature and ability to get copies of W-2's and other forms both for myself and employees is a good one. The amount of information on each employee is very thorough. There are times we have layoffs, and then recalls, so it is easy to REHIRE the employees, with their previous information already loaded.

Cons

I find it somewhat cumbersome when hiring a new employee, but again, the company settings make it easier. When running reports, I sometimes struggle with finding the right fields to add, especially when it has to do with the accounting features, but I have an excellent "go-to" person in accounting that assists! Again, that is usually due to the infrequency of running those types of reports. When rehiring employees, we found that some of the information was not prefilling, but with some adjustments in the company settings, (after trial by fire) it seems to be working correctly.

Response from Holly

Replied September 2017

Hi Michele I love to hear that your HR team is making great use of the product. It is fantastic that you have a go-to person in accounting for pulling reports when you need them, but I wanted to highlight some key resources we have available to help you further with your reporting needs. We have a reporting best practices webinar available to all our customers and we also offer instructor-led classes on reporting. If you are interested I would be happy to share further details and a link to the webinar with you. Please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com I look forward to hearing from you! All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Lindsay from Hoyt Archery

Big Company Technology - Small Family Feel

As a new user of Kronos - I have been impressed with the value placed on customer service and community support. Workforce Ready is a newer platform and as with all changes, there are a few glitches; however, the tech support and responsiveness makes you feel as though the system issues are minor and worth it. Every single time we call for assistance, the experience is helpful rather than stressful. Product wise - I love the cloud technology and the community features. One of my favorite features is the export option. When first using the product I kept looking for where to "Run Reports" for basic info - when I realized I could manipulate the columns and then just export the data I was looking at I was thrilled. It isn't complicated, doesn't require that I run a bunch of numbers - I just pick what I want to know at that moment & export the file. Then I can easily sort/filter the excel data as needed. I also appreciate the ability to search by multiple details - other platforms require the last name only, but WFR let's me search by multiple features - including the exact name or "starts with". I still have a lot to learn about the system and am anxious for the upgrades and suggestions to be implemented (like the ability to click back/forth between pages as you move through a file without having to go back to the home page); however, I'm pleased with the product and love the relationship - so as long as the focus stays on technological advances, combined with stellar customer service - Kronos will get my vote at the executive table.

Pros

PEOPLE! Software is available and mostly similar - we have a lot of choices in HRIS/Payroll systems, so how you treat your customers is the most important factor in being better. Kronos has this in spades!!

Cons

Benefit plan set up isn't ideal - I need to be able to put in an effective date AND an enrollment date, as they are not the same thing. If my employees don't elect their benefits before the "waiting period" the "New Enrollment" radio button disappears. An employee's waiting period and eligibility dates do not match their election period. I'd like the opportunity to select the different options.

Deon from Brandes Investment Partners

Workforce Ready - an upgrade?

Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros

Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons

Some processes are convoluted. Not intuitive.

Lisa from Spinx Co.

Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features.

Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.

Pros

1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting. 2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with. 3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc. 4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Cons

1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider. 2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site. 3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements. 4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered. 5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.

Teresa from Morton General Hospital

Kronos Workforce Ready is the best timekeeping system I have ever used

Not only is the payroll system a well oiled machine, the HR module turned out to be better than we could have hoped for or expect. So much of the manual tasks that either Payroll or HR would perform are now automated. Kronos has really been a blessing and the price for a product of this quality is incomparable to other products on the market (which were thoroughly researched before deciding on Kronos).

Pros

My duties have come down to literally pushing a few buttons to generate a bi-weekly payroll for 200 hospital workers. The reporting functions are endless, in addition to the already prepared reports within the system, it is extremely easy to build your own and have the exact information you want to see on a report. I am able to do the quarterly reports in about 10 minutes (including submission to the various entities). The customer support is phenomenal. If you've ever had tech support that the rep didn't really understand the problem or their job and tried to correct your system only to find it become even worse, you will really appreciate Kronos support. I have yet to be let down, they are very personable, intelligent and an expert in the field to which your question is based. I really can't say enough wonderful things about Kronos functionality and support.

Response from Amy

Replied September 2017

Hi Teresa, We want to thank you for your thoughtful review highlighting the product and our Support team! Its so great to hear that Workforce Ready has made your day-to-day duties much easier and less time and labor intensive. Thank you for being our customer, Amy Fafard

Penny from WESCO, Inc.

Ease of Going Paperless

Kronos Workforce Ready has lead us in the direction we have been wanting to go with reducing the amount of paper we process in HR and Payroll daily and allowed us to have more efficient, instant communication with our employees. We are utilizing the Onboarding process. We allow employees to make demographic changes and view their payroll data, such as pay statements, as a self-service option. We are beginning the benefits enrollment which will automatically add the payroll deductions to payroll. Our payroll processing has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day. Chasing down lost paperwork that was sent through the mail is no longer an issue. We have recently completed the integration with Workforce Central's Timekeeper.

Pros

Kronos has taken us to the next level in service that we were looking for. It is very easy to use for creating your own reports and importing data. We couldn't be more pleased with how they helped us work through our custom profit sharing allocation.

Cons

There are often updates that we are waiting for to continue what we would like to accomplish with the Kronos software. Although it automates several of our paper process and gave us efficiencies, there are now processes that we need to track manually and audit by hand. The third party tax software is more time-consuming than before. We were breaking ground with integrating the Workforce Central Timekeeper with Workforce Ready. We chose Workforce Central over Workforce Ready Time Labor Management due to the complexity of our work force. If you can use one system, I would recommend Workforce Ready.

Stephen from Santa Cruz Seaside Co.

Kronos aims to be the one-stop-shop for your HRIS solution.

Overall great product. It's the way we get paid, and the taxes are all right. I attended the payroll class and they have solutions for living in all different counties in Pennsylvania with their thousands of local taxes. Say 95/100 things go right, the 5 things feel bad, but you forget how much work it makes to make anything right. It often takes one thing to make a program go awry.

Pros

Many modules and what they don't do well they are investing on to make it more of a one-stop shop. Most of the users in the company can use this fairly easily. The setup on the back end is comprehensive. The reporting is good and easy to use, but you can't change the width of columns on the screen and some columns are missing. The support staff takes tickets and work with you over the phone and share screens with you so reporting issues is a breeze. I've been invited to a subgroup for development for a certain feature and it's great to get some eyes on the product before release so i can prepare some training materials for my company.

Cons

I mentioned reporting issues is a breeze. The wording I get back fairly often is "working as intended." It's easy for me to say a certain feature may not make sense but for another company it may make lots of sense. I wish there was just a little bit more of product testing for major features. Global Support is very polite and they will operate for your timezone even though most of their support staff are on the east coast.

Ashley from National Entertainment Network

Great functionality

Pros

From an admin perspective, I love the reporting functionality, automated emails, and general navigation. This may change a bit with the new user interface, but overall it is intuitive and easy to use. Customization and capabilities are great.

Cons

The occasional bugs that happen with SAAS.

Caleb from Transparent BPO LLC

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Kronos - an excellent HCM software

We were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.

Cons

The feature I like least about Kronos Workforce Ready is the manual accrual management feature available . You are tasked with real manual work whenever it comes to uploading hours for employees as there is currently no mass edit option available to apply hours across the board to all selected employees, instead you must load all selected employees into the bucket and scroll through them one by one and apply the credit and whatever other in formations are required to be filled in.

Dawn from ALE Solutions

Most Comprehensive System on the Market

My organization started with WFR's HR and TML. Employees, managers and administrators were impressed with the ease of use, the robust amount of information at their finger tips and the reporting capabilities. After a year and a half of using HR and TML, my organization decided to transfer our payroll to WFR as well. Having HR, Time and Labor and Payroll integrated with each other has allowed my HR team to evolve from and administrative department to a strategic business partner.

Pros

I love that employees and managers have virtual personnel files at their fingertips. Through Employee Self Service, employees can access and change their address, beneficiaries, payroll information, enroll online for benefits, request time off and maintain their schedules. Managers can access employment history, process compensation changes, approve timesheets and upload and review current and previous performance reviews. Instead of tracking down information, entering payroll changes and being the timesheet monitor, my team and I can use our knowledge and skills to make our employees and organization better.

Cons

The reporting functions in WFR are robust but each organization has specific reports required by leadership. Enhancing the reporting function for easier report customization would be my only critique.

Paulette from UOSA

Industry: Utilities

Implementation for small government utility

Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.

Pros

Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Cons

The biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

Response from Holly

Replied April 2017

Hello Paulette, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready 978.947.5173 holly.bouffard@kronos.com

Jonathan from Kahlig Auto Group

Easy to use bundle

The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros

The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

Brooke from Clarion Hospital

Hospital Review

It is a good system.

Pros

It is a user friendly system. Easy reports are easy to customize.

Cons

Implementation is awful. They do not send any reps on site to help with implementation. Reports that require Kronos assistance take forever to receive. One took over 6 months to get.

Rodica from Evangelical Christian credit Union

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Response from Holly

Replied September 2017

Hi Rodica Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Mario from Village Discount Outlet, Inc.

Workforce Ready

Pros

The main reason we went with Kronos was for the TLM. It has worked good and we are still playing with it to make it work its best.

Cons

I don't like that you have to click here and there just to get to where you want to be. Specially to print a document.

Jessica from Minn-Dak Farmers Cooperative

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Pros

The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

Cons

The wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

Response from Amy

Replied November 2017

Hello Jessica, Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities. It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training working with reports Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with amy.fafard@kronos.com. Thank you again, Amy Fafard

Bernadette from Athens Foods

Industry: Food Production

Ease of use!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly both for admins and users. Reporting is a breeze and is one of my favorite features!

Cons

The con that I have experienced is not in the software itself but in the customer service. I would like a designated rep that knows my rules, my employees, etc. It's like starting from scratch every time I have an issue. When I used Empower, I had designated reps. I miss that feature the most.

Dr. Debra from Centinela Feed and Pet Supplies

Kronos User

Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Pros

Functionality Real-time Ease of use Training

Cons

Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Ashley from MCW

Streamline all aspects of employee time-keeping in one application!

Since implementing and fully utilizing Kronos our staffing models have been better aligned with the business needs at each of our sites & held employees more accountable because this gives them a visual representation of punches that are "out of line" (tardy, unexcused absence, late out, etc). Kronos also tracks and reports this data based on trends/benchmarking that we established (Automatically sent to managers via e-mail report) - This has freed up our management team to focus on other duties.

Pros

Kronos has allowed our organization to house all aspects of employee time-keeping within one application. This has count down significantly on the reports collected because Kronos is tracking attendance, tardy, late out, OT, hours beyond FTE, etc. We have built our program to send notifications directly to management so that they can then handle "issues" as needed.

Cons

Implementation and planning efforts to build Kronos out to be as functional/efficient as it currently is took many months & IT work. Our organization did all of this internally, may be easier/quicker if utilizing Kronos for this.

Reasons for Choosing Kronos Workforce Ready

Angie from Murakami Manufacturing USA, Inc.

Kronos could be better

Neutral

Pros

User friendly if it is set up properly and the use for our team members.

Cons

Customer Service from our contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Everything benefits was and is disappointing when it came to our open enrollment.

Reasons for Choosing Kronos Workforce Ready

We chose APS, then Kronos bought APS. We liked APS for the one on one customer service and skills from the APS team, but it seems we lost that when Kronos took over.

Allen from The McAlear Group

Industry: Machinery

Reports are not conducive to data dumps

I would say medium satisfied. Not overly impressed.

Pros

Easy to click on fields desired to report on

Cons

A participant's information does not show up all on one line. Making it difficult to use in Excel. The PTO request is not intuitive and I waste time doing a request. This should be a much simpler process as all employees do these. I don't like the report resetting all the time while I am using it. Should stay where I was at. Better Dep[t tools, like Pay History should be a canned report. Should be able to go back and pull pay rates and headcount by specifying date, so system would have to know what pay rate was in effect at date selected.

Hourly payroll

Diane from Van Rooy Properties

New and Refreshing

Kronos is a tool that our Company is learning as we go, and it is much more we have to learn. But the over all learning process is great ! Once you get it, there is more that will tie into the one thing that you learned about that day. You have to explore and get into the process and you will see that Kronos has a lot to offer. When our company first signed on with kronos we were just using the timekeeping module and later we signed on to use the payroll module, and Wow that opened up a lot of what Kronos can accomplish, We are a company with a lot of different issues that a normal company would not have. But Kronos was able to accommodate us with our needs. They have a great support team (The Application Consultant) (Technical Support team).

Pros

I like the way this product ties in and gives you what you need. You can create any kind of report.

Cons

I am a little disappointed in the timely status of customer service getting back to you when you call or put a ticket in through the kronos community. Sometimes you need to know something at a moments notice and we don't have the option to get that answer right away. I think there should be different levels of customer service techs.

Joyce from City of Raytown

Exceptional Time keeping

General note to anyone considering Workforce Ready: We have been using this product since 2012. I seldom need to contact Support for assistance as this product tends to work great with minimal problems. When I have reached out for assistance the staff has done a great job resolving problems in a timely manner. You can expect a great product, courteous and professional service.

Pros

We have a wide variety of pay codes and rules. We have built in overtime, shift differentials, Differentials for field training, etc. I have worked with other software programs and Workforce Ready is a program that has been extremely accurate for time keeping. Workforce is one of the best software programs I have worked on for payroll. It is easy to use and understand.

Cons

The only issue I have encountered is when I have employees with multiple codes that fall on a holiday. An example would be: Patrol Officer, who is an FTO while working a holiday. Some hours just don't move over to payroll. However I understand the problem because we are "over-loading" the program with multiple codes.

Rod from Upper Occoquan Service Authority

Industry: Environmental Services

Work Force Ready at UOSA

Use product for a variety of solutions

Pros

Its functionality and ease of use is welcoming.

Cons

Length of time to customize the product for various needs

Erik from Development Centers

Industry: Mental Health Care

Kronos Workforce Ready - how did we live with out it?!

Time keeping has become more efficient. Payroll more accurate. Credential reports to health plans are much easier.

Pros

Kronos WFR is highly customizable to allow for easy reporting and data tracking.

Cons

Some of the back end set up is not self explanatory and often requires outreach to the Kronos Global Support team for guidance. However, KGS is always very helpful in finding solutions to any problems encountered.

Tonisha from Alliance Technical Services, Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Wonderful Product

Workforce Ready has helped to reduce the amount of paperwork produced and has provided efficient, streamlined services. The program is highly responsive, kept up to date, and we've had very little interruption due to loss of service/downtime. We've used this software for 4 years now and I think it is one of the best programs of it's type. Once the system is properly set up it is very reliable.

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is easy to learn and use. We love that the system is modern and constantly being improved upon. The additional tools that are added as tax and healthcare laws change have been invaluable.

Cons

Workforce Ready has been very valuable but adding accounting software to this product would complete it as a ERP system. We really love using this system, but because of our business needs we need a payroll and timekeeping system that is fully integrated with an accounting system. We are forced to transition to another ERP even though Workforce Ready is by far the better product.

Paul from Kyocera SGS Precision Tools

Controller

Kronos Workforce Ready is an excellent product for us and a definite upgrade over the Workforce Central version we were on. Every software has its shortcomings, but they have been few and far between with WFR. The last KronosWorks conference had plenty of WFR ready classes and a considerable number of users to interact with.

Pros

Customer service has been a strong suit for Kronos regardless of which product you are on. Reporting functionality in WFR is by far the best change from WFC, but also better than any other software we use throughout our company. Since WFR is on the cloud, the continual upgrades are done for us, saving us time and money.

Cons

Implementation left a lot to be desired.

Jeff from Oberweis Dairy

Reliable, accurate, and customizable

We have greatly improved our payroll time sheet accuracy. Workforce Ready is a proven, reliable solution that allows us to apply our specific payroll policies to the systematic platform--thus eliminating the risk of human calculation error. Our experience has been very positive.

Pros

The functionality to calculate break times, holiday pay, and unique company-specific pay-policies across our departments. The mobile clock in/out functionality on the app is also helpful for employees that work remotely. Easy to add new employees to the time clock or mobile access.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to add new managers. Manager visibility of mobile clocking in / out of employees (need alerts to the manager). Also, the call-back delay to speak with a help desk rep can be annoying.

Karie from Integrity Tree Services

Industry: Environmental Services

WR User of 7 Modules

Kronos has been a God-send. What started out as a "HR" software that "HR was stuffing down our throats" has turned into a great tool used by the entire organization. Many team leaders are now taking time to look through Kronos to see what other processes they could put into Kronos so that we can go more paperless. We call it "electronifying" our processes.

Pros

I like how Kronos is continually investing in improvements and enhanced features. I love that clients get to vote on items in the Community and that we can see what's coming down the pike.

Cons

I'd like the job aids to be in an editable format so that I could add to them with more company specific information. Currently, the pdfs aren't editable so I use them as a guide to get me started on created my own. We'd really like a project management solution. We looked at the Scheduler module but it does not allow for the tracking of projects or scheduling of equipment, only employees.

Tracy from El Dorado Packaging

There's no single "right way"

Overall, I like it. But we SERIOUSLY under-utilize this system and I'd like to remedy that.

Pros

For people that learn differently, this program is good, there are several ways to accomplish the same task. I like that I can find nearly anything I want (employee related) in just a few seconds.

Cons

For people who like black and white (like me), I just want the easiest and fastest way to complete a task. I don't like that there are different rules for different functions. I can do XYZ if I'm trying to report THIS, but I can't do XYZ if I'm trying to report THAT. I wish all rules applied to all functions. I also don't like that Kronos isn't smart enough to figure out detailed functions. For example, if I have someone on STD, I should be able to enter 8 hrs STD on their time sheet and Kronos should know to add 8 hrs STD to their paycheck, to their STD leave, and to FMLA. Why I have to entered Unpaid time off on the time sheet + 8 hrs STD + pay for STD + 8 hrs of FMLA is beyond me. Also, having to enter changes after a pay date is silly. Kronos should be able to figure out that if a change is made in the middle of the pay period, it doesn't take affect until after the pay date. This "rule" (or lack thereof) makes for some interesting calendar calculations.

Steve from RICHTER PRECISION INC

The time keeping system that brought us into the new age.

The clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.

Pros

It is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.

Cons

The biggest con for us is that it does not integrate with our payroll system (we use paychex flex). We are able to export hours from Kronos to Flex. Another con would be that the App feels a little out dated.

Response from Jesse

Replied July 2018

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! Its great to hear our products have been easy to use, and that your employees are successfully utilizing our clocks. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration to your payroll system, and will be sure to send your thoughts to the appropriate teams. If you have any additional thoughts, please reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com Thank you! Jesse

Elisa from Knights of Columbus

Kronos workforce ready

The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.

Pros

Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

Cons

The performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

Response from Elisa

Replied August 2017

Hi Elisa, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call with our HR product management to chat further about your pain points with both recruitment and our Compensation module and discuss what we have on the horizon in terms of usability improvements for both features. Feel free to send me an email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com and I would be happy to coordinate a time for all of us to connect. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready

John Andrew from RealPage inc

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more.

Pros

Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Cons

Some of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.

Kelly from Texhoma Christian Care Center

Workforce Ready Review

Pros

Ease of use; cloud based program - data is available from any log on; multiple reports available to use for various needs.

Cons

Multi-factor authentication for those customers who only use the timekeeping software has really limited our employees from using the software. We dont keep private information in our records for Kronos and if the employer could "opt" to use the multi-factor authentication that would increase our employee's usage and ability to take care of their own needs. Instead, payroll is having to take of their needs because they have difficulty logging in.

Response from Amy

Replied November 2017

Hello Kelly, It is great to hear that you are taking advantage of Workforce Ready being in the cloud! As far as multi-factor authentication is concerned, I will certainly pass this along to the product team. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if you would like to discuss it further. Thank you for the review, Amy Fafard

Carla from Mid-Coast Electric Supply, Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Software with wonderful Customer Service

Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.

Pros

If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Cons

After the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

Response from Amy

Replied September 2017

Hi Carla, Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you. Thanks, Amy Fafard

Hadassah from Elon Property Management

5 years and counting

Pros

I have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.

Cons

Some system functions/packages need to be purchased separately but that is pretty standard when purchasing this kind of a system.