• Pros

• "The application is easy to use. The chat function to get technical support is great. They constantly has new functions to provide to users."

• "I like that this product changes quickly to accommodate changes made by MS. I like the reporting. I like bulk create/modify options."

• "Very easy to install, and you have really useful AD reports. "

• Cons

• "It takes a bit to learn the in's and out's of the software, but once you've done that you're golden. "

• "Not much that I do not like.. It is helping implement our security into our active directory. Maybe the cost but honestly I think it is worth every penny"

• "Nothing at the moment, i just started to use this software and haven't found anything that could use improvements"

Browse ADManager Plus Reviews

Lot of active directory stuff to manage? This will help you!

Freed our servers from lots of sysadmins logging only to reset or create a report that they never remember how was done.... Lots of different reports about active directory structure are ready to generate. Have fun!

Pros

Lots of reports: users, groups, local and 365; Isolate managers quick and easy, so they have all options limited by the OU or OUs that the have permission to manage; No longer need to access from server; May create approval flows to pass through managers, and specific people before the user is automatically created, and based on templates.

ADMP has been a well priced platform allowing us to bring automation to our AD/Cloud environments.

AD Management through the web!

Pros

ADMP is quick and simple to set-up. The ability to make AD-related change through a web portal has brought convenience to IT. ADMP makes generating reports and collecting information through forms convenient and simple. For our small IT department, ADMP allows for many different IT backgrounds to participate fully in supporting AD-related management operations without having to be well versed in Windows, or to know Powershell. ADMP has also made synchronizing our cloud and on-premise environments through automation simple and organized. Their support staff has been very courteous in resolving our issues. Issues that are brought to their attention are genuinely acted on with importance. On more complex issues, they actively reach out to us update us on the status of the problem until it's resolved.

Cons

The UI is outdated, and the mobile app is a underwhelming. There are some arbitrary limitations that seemingly pop up out of nowhere, but generally there are ways to work around them, but they leave you scratching your head why? In some parts of the UI you can use %substitute% variables, but then in others you can not for seemingly no reason. I really wish they would go "all in" on making their template system even more robust. AD and on-prem services aren't the only thing we have to worry about updating, and many cloud services don't have native LDAP/AD integrations, being able to collect information in templates to provide information through scripts for these services would make this product AAA. Currently, you can collect some information, but the customization options for the fields is limited to only a single line, whereas you should be able to pick many different field types (dropdown, radio button, etc) for making changes.

Michael from FAST

Great Active Directory Management Tool that is well regarded in the industry and incredibly simple!

Pros

When we recently implemented Active Directory, we needed a management tool that would allow our System Admins to make changes for users and groups, but not have direct access to the Domain Controllers. Anyone I reached out to for recommendations referred me to ADManager Plus, and I am now one of the users who refers this solution as well. It was incredibly easy to implement, and is easy to learn to use (both for me and my less technical colleagues who have to use it). Support staff from Zoho was on hand to help install the software and get it up and running, and we had it up and running within about an hour. Whenever I have had any issues, the Zoho support team has been able to figure it out in a very short period of time. The fact that it ties in with other Zoho AD tools (Self Service Plus, ADAudit Plus, etc) is a huge plus - we were able to take advantage of bundling pricing to make things more reasonable for us. There are also regular updates to the tool to take advantage of new functionality and security updates, which help ease my Security teams' minds.

Cons

My only negative is that it can sometimes take a while to get a hold of a support person when there is an issue. I have waited a couple of days in the past (mid-week, not over a weekend). It appears they have outsourced their support staff, which may contribute to the problem of having a wide window of coverage, but I expect better from a large company like Zoho who has such great products. On top of that, the information on the customer forums is not usually useful or correct - so I have avoided it entirely since a few botched attempts early on.

Ferhat from College of Marin

Easy to report

I really liked to use the java based software a few years ago, however, once you have more PowerShell experience you may not use the reporting tool. The other thing is the updates are not that great, they are still using java base which is very old. they may want to use html5 and more modern Programming languages to improve the software

Pros

Very easy to install, and you have really useful AD reports.

Cons

Automation never worked for me, you can make good automation for the daily task if you learn more about PowerShell which will be really helpful, you may not need to buy the software

Must Have Tool for Any AD Administrator in Any Organization

I am now an avid fan and supporter of ManageEngine. ADManager Plus was the first tool I purchased from them, and I now have 4 other tools that are in use within my organization. The support staff gets back to you quickly when you have questions and are very helpful, and the pricing is very reasonable for what is offered.

Pros

This has made complicated AD reports a thing of the past. Once I got the hang of creating automated reports, this quickly became my favorite AD tool. I also use it for user and group management, which is also much easier than doing from a Domain Controller.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and the little bit of documentation that there is leaves a lot to be desired. I often have to call support for more complicated inquiries.

Tad from FHI360

We purchased ADManager Plus in early 2015 and use it extensively with 125 techs in over 60 countries

Pros

Automation and reporting functions let us improve our service level but spend less time doing routine tasks. Totally granular permission assignment capability. Rules-based templates, very customizable. Continually improving and adding new features. And there are frequent free online training sessions that improve our knowledge of the product's capabilities. Their tech support is very good to work with, very quick to respond.

Cons

The only problem I can think of is getting an invoice from Manage Engine in the form needed by our finance department so we could pay the maintenance bill.

Timothy from Xavier High School

Simplicity

I immediately jumped on this software when taking over a new position due to the speed and simplicity of which it allows me to bulk manage users and apply customized templates.

Pros

This software allows me to quickly and easily manage hundreds of users with only a few clicks. Rather than time-consuming Powershell scripts, I can make many templates and apply that template to bulk users.

Cons

Many features are grouped into the Pro license. My particular usage would benefit from a few of those features, but the added cost of the higher license level is not justifiable for the small amount of additional features I would actually use.

Great tool to manage Active Directories

Great tool, just need some adjustment period

Pros

Allows you to see all directories especially if you service or support multiple groups in AD Simple to use, takes time to adjust if your used to the native window Great to use if you domain has many groups that need to be separated

Cons

Bogged server Some issues on errors functions like it does on the DC except more easier to read

ADManager helps you to audit and manage active directory (and other systems)

Pros

The reporting is incredible. Custom reports can be created but most canned reports suffice for most institutions.

Marcus from Northbridge Financial corporation

Great tool for support

Pros

Live the fact you can search across multiple domains in one shot versus the one domain at a time approach through the traditional AD console. Vast reporting features, simplified the needs for any request to see information for various levels in organization.

Cons

Can be slow in IE. Reporting features should allow a little more fine tuning. Custom re Let's beeds to be tuned to allow for more searching features.

George from Audatex

ADManager plus is a great way to keep standards wrapped around what our engineers do to our AD.

Simple to use. Helps with standardization when you have many engineers managing the same AD. Easy to use and effective reporting.

Pros

Cons

I don't like that searching for users isn't available for all user fields. Would love to see a browse (tree) option for user management, similar to ADUC.

GAVRIL from CIOX Health

The software makes managing 4 separate AD domains easy.

Pros

Reporting functionality makes it easy to find which tech is responsible for changes made across all the location and domain while not having to give elevated privileges and accounts on each domain.

Cons

Support is a little lacking in that there is not a way to track your open tickets and trying to get ahold of the tech you previously worked with is just not possible most of the time.

marcus from VCA

My experience with your customer support folks is always very positive.

Automation of new accounts.

Pros

By far the automation of new accounts and reports are invaluable. We have saved countless hours and ROI with the automation and reporting modules.

Cons

I wish there was a way to migrate accounts to "O365". Currently, I use your application to create my account on-premise with email through your automation, but there is no way to successfully migrate to "O365".

joyce from Information services

I have many experience in purchasing software, ManageEngine has the best ROI value

AD auditing is great

Pros

Cons

The website interface ManageEngine AD360 can be more user friendly. Jumping from one module to another may not always works.

phil from BHcare.org

Always a pleasure to work with

Pros

ease of use and one stop do all of daily tasks. Integration with 365, reports and alerts when users are added.

Cons

more integration with office 365. More control with 365 exchange. Automated tasks of user creation and delectation could be improved.

Pubudu from National Association of Home Builders

ManageEngine provides some great tools that are easy to use.

Pros

All ManageEngine products are easy to use. Technical Support is great and provides solutions to problems on first call

Cons

There are no cons to any of the products I have evaluated. All of the tools are easy to use and affordable.

Hong from Rosendin Electric

Dhruba Das provided excellent service to Rosendin

Pros

Really appreciate tech support's time, efforts and expertise. This software is able to provide technicians to work on active directory, email, Skype for business, reports and many other options.

Rusty from Sugar Salem School District

Educational User/IT Administrator

I have had a positive experience with the free version, but do wish I had some of the other features as well.

Pros

It makes working with bulk users in active directory easy, I have used it to import a large number of students to our active directory system, also used to make modification to large number of users. It is easy to use and understand.

Cons

The cost is high and my IT Director won't pay for it, so I am stuck using the free version (which does what I need it to , but there is so much more that can be done with it).

ADManagement Simplicity

Pros

The ability to customize reports and perform search functions work very well within this application. Like the ability to customize notifications for users that have expiring passwords.

Cons

Online help guides need to be updated. Report generation is sometimes slow to load within your browser, but that could be a direct reflection of the amount of data being returned.

Active Directory Management Made Easy

Currently utilizing AdManager to manage AD for a company of 100+ employees.

Pros

Easy to install and setup Vast amounts of data entry options for your users

Cons

User interface looks a bit dated compared to ManageEngine's other offerings.

michael from eClinicalworks

awesome support. There is no room for improvement when it is perfect . thanks

management of active directory made easy

Pros

Upgrades, ease of use, If you do have any issues this is the best software I have ever seen offering support. I would recommend to any company with an active directory environment. Thank you so much for all that you do.

Eric from Palo Verde College

First class support and an easy to use UI

Short learning curve to take advantage of most of the features as well as quick deployment.

Pros

ROI is quick, and the support is easy to get to, not hidden like some companies. You can get to help from right inside some of the products.

Cons

The only bad thing is they do not make more products for us to enjoy like the half dozen we already have!

Cheap and fantastic software for AD Management

It's been very helpful for our network team and makes weekly and monthly reporting very easy.

Pros

The price of entry was really cheap and it's very useful, has many functions included for AD management and reporting.

Cons

Haven't really found anything I don't like about the software yet.

Jonathan from Goldman Equipment

Industry: Farming

Very powerful tool for managing our Active Directory

Very happy with the software.

Pros

This software lets me make mass changes to users and get reports from my AD very easily. Lots easier than trying to use scripting.

Cons

maybe need a few more reporting options like on security.

David from Deeley Insurance Group

AD Manager Plus makes my job so much easier.

It makes it so much easier to update, or report on both my AD and users, and also my Office 365 environment.

Pros

The functionality and value is huge. It allows me to better manage my users, and makes it much easier to apply changes to a group.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. It can do a lot, but the learning curve is steep. I've had to contact support several times for "how to" assistance.

Cynthia from Town of Enfield CT

Affordable and a real time saver. Support team is great!

Time Savings

Pros

We use this software mainly for user creation. The ability to create users for both AD and Office 365 in one step is helpful. The interface is very user-friendly. Both single and bulk user creation works really well. Reporting is well thought out.

Cons

The Copy User Attributes function only copies Active Directory information. It would be great if it could copy a user's Office 365 setup (License type, Distribution Group membership, etc.) along with Active Directory information.

Dot from GDIT

Excellent

Pros

The support is outstanding. You can count on someone to respond very quickly to a support request. Support technicians explain what they are doing and give you tips as well.

Cons

Would like to customize the reports more. Not really a least like - more like a wish list. The software is very easy to use overall.

Easily Make Bulk Changes to AD

It does the job, but I have my doubts about the technical way in which it is implemented.

Pros

ADManager Plus enables us to make bulk changes to AD, create users using templates and delete users including all data. It has a lot of options to customize it to your needs.

Cons

Sometimes it does not show search results and needs a reboot, or a patch. Patching is not easy, it uses a Java based updater and a custom database.

Chad from 48forty

No issues getting new user creation template set up since the support tech handled everything

Makes it easier for admins

Pros

Very flexible yet powerful. Thank you for all the Azure and O365 tie-ins. Don't stop helping the on premise or hybrid users.

Cons

No DirSync but was told it is coming. AD Delegation is a little clunky to figure out.

Jeff from TEEX

Wonderful tool if for managing Active Directory.

Pros

Easy to use, customizable, has templates and workflow features. Overall a great product for the money.

Cons

Some of the features are missing from templates. Some minor issues with the software are also noticed such as the ability to adjust idle timeout.

jaipal from JCCA

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

its easy to use

Pros

don't need to use sript for every thing, have different reports I can use. Also have automation feature

Cons

may not cover all the features required. like script for the changing home location or may be home folder for the users etc.

Steve from IBM

Very helpful support people who knew the product well and were able to put me on the proper path.

Pros

Functionality. It does what we need it to do in order to save time and keep our people working on other important tasks other than account management.

Cons

Some of the online documentation needs to be updated and there should be more information about setting up the product with minimal rights instead of a blanket "Domain Admin" account. In this day and age, Security is paramount and if someone were to hack or steal a password for the product, they could do serious damage to an domain. If there were a matrix publish somewhere that would outline the rights needed for each use would be very helpful.

martin from Finance Industry

Worst support i have ever come across in 20 years in IT

Pros

the software is OK.

Cons

the software is not bad, but if you get an issue it takes support at least a week to answer any calls logged, they repeatedly ask for logs even when you have sent them, buy another product as these guys are a waste of space

Laura from Keolis

The software is invaluable for audit reviews

Pros

You can quickly access detailed group members across the domain. Reports are generated quickly and easily without having to write scripts or even to know how to use Powershell.

Cons

There is nothing not to like about the software. Any question you have that is not covered in the online help can be quickly answered by the support staff.

Tina from DLP Realty

Usable not perfect but can work !

Pros

Its alot like a few of the other software programs out there , it is fairly simple to use , delegates roles , eliminates repetitive motions , pretty basic great for small business .

Cons

doesnt allow for you to change alot, doesn't give enough characters to use to explain an issue too limited

Brad from BI Incorporated

Very helpful! Support was Awesome! Issue resolved quickly and professionally.

Pros

Easy of use, the user interface is easy to navigate. I also like the dashboard/startpage. Can tell quite a bit when you first open it up.