• Pros

• "It looks good, it works well and the price is right"

• "We love a lot about this software and how it has optimized our buisness- the calendar is beautiful and the features are very thoughtful."

• "I love the customizability of this EMR. Also our chart notes are not 6 pages of filler. Charm is always adding new features and updating things behind the scenes. "

• Cons

• "Can be a little glitchy at times but the tech team is always quick to resolve the issue. "

• "Customer service is great! But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours. "

• "I wish it were easier/more intuitive to integrate lab ordering and tracking. No other cons, I am quite satisfied. "

Browse ChARM EHR Reviews

Charles from Holistique Medical Center

Very solid value EMR

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

Sara from Counseling Clinic LLC

Best EHR for value

I sampled several EHR systems last year and ChARM had most of the qualities that I wanted a administrator and clinician. I really enjoy using this EHR system and it is easy for my clients to use as well to sign paperwork and access resources.

Pros

I really enjoy that I can customize all of my notes and templates that I need on a daily basis. I also really enjoy that everything can be electronic and all paperwork can be sent to clients and have signatures in real time.

Cons

I feel the customer services could set up EFT and enrollments for payers to make it streamlined and easier for the provider.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

ChARM was the most inclusive program I could find along with a great price for a solo practice and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

At the time I was using it I could not customize my notes to meet state and insurance standards

Nerissa from Axon Health / Lets Talk Kids Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Love my EHR

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing. I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

Pros

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

Cons

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

Elizabeth from Environmental Health Center-Dallas

Needs more updates for customization that makes sense

I like that telemedicine platform, that is easy to use, and the fullscripts it easy. That's the only thing that really makes it stand out from other EMRs.

Pros

Fullscripts integration, telemedicine, PMP integration.

Cons

There is no orders tab, no diagnostic testing tab. Everything that is a task, can be completed, but not deferred or deleted if not performed. There is no integration of software for diagnostic testing like EKG, Spirometry, or Holter Monitors. The process of customization is not very easy. When a lab order is connected with an encounter it can't be modified through the lab tab (makes NO sense). Billing needs to be updated, it's completely an obsolete system that is being used. More providers would use this if you would fix, incorporate, include these MAJOR items.

cost, telemedicine, fullscripts

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

No telemedicine, no online portal, customer service and availability was terrible.

Response from MedicalMine

Replied September 2020

Dear Dr. Seymour, Thank you for your review! We are happy you are enjoying some of Charm's features such as telemedicine and Fullscript Integration. Regarding some of the other features you are requesting, we're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with Charm. We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out soon and you should get an email from me to determine how we can provide a solution that makes things right. Yours sincerely, Ranjani from Charm Health

Aaron from Peak Health Partners

Easy to use, complete package

I've been a happy user of the software for over two years and it has helped me be faster and more efficient with my note taking and patient tracking than most of the other EHR software I looked into.

Pros

Simple and easy to train new employees on. Efficiently handles scheduling, notes, insurance, payments, and ability to get analytics out of software is also nice.

Cons

Applying payments when paying multiple invoices at once is slower than making and applying payments to one invoice which is automatic and very efficient.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Way better features, easier to use, less complicated to train people, everything integrated.

Matthew from Pediatric Center of Somerset LLC

User Friendly Effective EMR

An effective EHR for us as compared to other software packages that is easy to use and cost effective for a smaller practice. Many enhancements have been made over the past 2 years which has made it even more attractive to use.

Pros

We changed to CharmHealth about 2 years ago after using PracticeFusion which did not have the flexibility we needed to add information. This software is easily customizable and has a vast library of templates for pre completed notes. It was easy to customize and had all the features we needed. Calendar is very user friendly and integrates well with the EHR. Can easily print out hard copies of anything we need and especially immunization records which are frequently requested by patients.

Cons

Although it hasn't been an issue for us, for a very large practice the cost could get rather high as compared to other EHR platforms. Since I have a relatively small practice, the cost is not an issue. There have been problems with sending eprescriptions - The software can not locate the particular medication and you must know the generic as well as the trade name on occasion to get it through. There have been issues with locating pharmacies at times although, I must say, customer support has been helpful and has tried to rectify these issues as they come up. Minor problem exists with entering patient email addresses. Software sometimes flags as invalid email address with anything that ends in *.com. You need to enter the email address as ".net then got back and re-enter the correct email address. Customer service has yet to fix this problem.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Was no longer free - software had limited flexibility.

Phyllis from CatalystMD

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

Cons

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Charm provided the products we needed at a reasonable cost. Charm also allowed us time to review the products they offered then allowed us to opt in on our own time allowing us to not feel pressured.

Not cost effective

Great for small cash practices, not so great for busier practices

It is OK for clinics just starting out. Once you get beyond 2 patients an hour, it takes too long to chart and bill appropriately.

Pros

Great small all-around software that provides everything a small company needs. You can see a patient's financials from right within the chart, which is excellent. As well as their prior appointments. You can copy over phrases or entire notes from prior as well. e-scripts are easy, but do lack notifications. Scheduling is good. And, patient is able to book their appointments from your website.

Cons

Charting can be combersome. Our main issue is that the billing isn't robust enough. You have to use their system and their billers to get any benefit out of it.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

The look and feel, ease of use was great. Customer service is terrible.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Jane didn't have insurance integration.

Response from MedicalMine

Replied November 2020

Dear Anonymous Reviewer- Thank you for your review. We would actually love to work with you on the issues you are having! Are you taking advantage of all the billing features? We also have billing support in case you'd like to bill on your own. If you email me at info@charmhealth.com with the Subject: Attn:Billing Help Needed-- I can help nail down the problem and suggest an appropriate solution for you. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Peggy from Active Wellness LLC

ChARMed

Getting all of billing services set up - just need the equipment and a little more time to implement this component.

Pros

Flexible program, HIPAA & HITECH compliant. Superb support staff!

Cons

More resources for therapy providers would be helpful.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Security & economy, plus scaled addition of other embedded services.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Flexible & secure program with ChARM.

Laura from Path to Health and Healing, LLC

Charm makes taking your practice virtual easier

Positive. Add-ons of faxing, eprescribing and ability to taking payments, including recurring payments.

Pros

Easy to get set up quickly, affordable, Zoom HIPPA compliant, templates.

Cons

Patients can't seem to update their demographic information, and credit card information themselves. Extra fee for patients to cancel/change their own appointment.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Functions, price, eprescribing, efaxing, HIPPA compliant Zoom, payment processor integration, able to get setup quickly.

Lisa from Rebel Med NW

Highly recommend Charm .

I've used at least 5 different EHRs and this is by far the best one out there. Integrated billing, inventory, scheduling, reports, and a top-notch patient portal.

Pros

The features are always adapting; it seems like they anticipate our needs even before we do!

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Integrated EHR, patient portal, billing, inventory

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

We needed more features/Practice Fusion increased their prices

Emily from Emily Shonk Edwards DO, PC

Great for solo-solo practice!

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

Pros

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

Cons

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Ease of implementation and low cost of implementation, the fact that it was designed for small practices and seemed to work well for a solo-solo practice, the great salesperson meeting that didn't feel like they were trying to sell me more than I needed, and the fact that I could run Charm totally on my iPad.

Shawn from Maritec Medical Systems

Strong EHR (Charting) with Superior Patient Engagement Features

Pros

The software is remarkably intuitive. Very easy to navigate from patient setup, scheduler, charting and billing. Charting can be easily customized to your own needs which you can do yourself easily without assistance from "tech support". What really stands out with this EHR compared to others are the patient engagement features. The Patient Portal enables easy document sharing including questionnaires, capturing signoffs, requesting appointments, email/text reminders, chatting/texting directly with the provider, etc. They also have several different Apps for mobile devices, so it's easy to access and document (chart/bill/schedule). This is a great platform for any provider, but if your specialty/business is looking for a more direct engagement and connection with your patients, and not necessarily tied to an office location/network, Charm can provide these capabilities all in one fully integrated platform.

Cons

Only limitation I've noticed is related to case management and the ability to tie several encounters/visits and related documentation under one case. I believe this is a planned improvement. Technical support can be challenging to get on the phone.

Lisa from Roaming Naturopath

ChARM review

Now that I am starting to put all my intake forms, questionnaires, etc. into ChARM, I find it much easier to get a patient set up. I love having easy access to all the patient info, also. I can't wait to get all my inventory and such into the program. What a huge time-saver it will be!

Pros

This software is robust, professional, and grows right along with my practice. I am using it more and more. I have had a difficult time transitioning from paper charting, but ChARM is beginning to win me over! It is an incredible value.

Cons

the ability to chat online with someone in real time when I need help. I like that I can FB message, but having a speedier reply than an hour or two, would be cool.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Ease of use, word of other practitioners, professional but economical, level of product support

Khanh from Khanh Perrin MD Inc.

An EHR system that will grow with you practice

Pros

I love that Charm EHR has designed the software with the focus of integrative/functional medical doctors in mind. The forms and questionnaire templates that have been shared by other practitioners has been helpful. The software is very easy to use. I especially love the inventory functionality which a lot for EHR's are missing. The pricing scheme is suitable for new offices and the add on features are great as the practice has grown. The support desk is also very helpful and replies in a timely manner.

Cons

I wished there was an ability for patients to fill out questionnaires when they are in the office without having to sign into their account. Many patients do not remember their password without their computer. It is hard to expect all patients to fill out their questionnaires before they get to the office.

Stephanie from Revolutions Naturopathic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Ease of use and comprehensiveness

Overall I am very pleased with charm. It is ease to use, offers lots of reports and analytics, and everything is contained.

Pros

I love that everything (records, charting, scheduling, communication within office and with patients, billing, supplement inventory) is all contained within charm.

Cons

Inactive patients are treated no differently from active patients. Once inactivated, a patient shouldn't be able to have an invoice or encounter created. Inability to relabel or change dates. Searching is also a challenge. If there were a way to have a search bar that searched the entire patient chart (messages, tasks and comments, quick notes, encounters, labs, documents), that would be extremely helpful.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Functionality, comprehensiveness, ease of use for doctors, and the extensive customizability.

For a small medical practice it's a good investement

Having the billing and collections reports intergated to the EHR makes a huge positive differnece, and the price is very reasonable to services rendered.

Pros

I like being able to see waht colleagues are doing with my patinets, and also like the intergrated billing and messaging support. having everythign on one place makes patinet care easier. I also enjoy being able to see patient messages and appointment requests via my cell phone app

Cons

I can't pull up a patient chart on my cell phone app, which makes answering specific questions ont he go difficult. Charm also lacks larger intergration of hospital visits-- we ahve to have other doctors fax results/ notes and enter them manually which can be a bit of a pain and hinderance to patinet care

June from Love Family Practice

Big issue with billing, very difficulty to get responds from the company.

EHR was OK. Billing related is nightmare. Poor responds from certain people from company!

Pros

It looks clean, modern looking, more user friendly than my previous one.

Cons

Billing and customer service is a nightmare. I started using Charm Billing back to October 2020. I got a zoom training for about an hour or two, during the training, there was one or two insurance was put into the system. After that, I was told to do it myself. However, I could not login for a long time. Finally, I had to set up another login in order to get into the right place. Until March 2021, I finally was told that the first ERA from the first enrolled insurance company would sync data with CharmEHR. It has been 5 months for one thing to work. Even today, April 1, 2021, I still not get ERA for every insurance enrolled. I has been contacting optum and Charm for discount for the time that billing not totally function. So far, Optum told me it is Charm's issue, and Charm just not respond to this request at all!! When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated. Not accurate patient's due and reports No emergency help! For customer service, yes, you can email or chat with someone. For email, sometimes take a day or two to get a reply, sometimes take several days to get a reply, not reliable. One day, I found that it took forever to open Charm website on Chrome, but my assistant who use Safari seemed OK. So I switched to Safari for a couple of days. Speed was OK after switch, however, when I edit patient's info, when update phone number, not working. So I switched back

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Lost encounter note randomly.

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

Switched from Practice Fusion and Love this Full Feature EHR

We switched to Charm when Practice Fusion moved from their free model. Honestly, I like this software better. It is more customizable and has more included features. It runs fast, is always up, sends text appointment reminders for free and voice reminders for a low price. I probably trialed 20 EHR systems before deciding on this one, and for the features and price point, I couldn't beat it, particularly for a small practice with multiple part-time providers, where we really can't afford to pay high prices per month for provider. Charm charges you for the number of encounters your practice has, so it remains in line with your profits. We are a mental health practice, and while it's not geared specifically towards this, if you tweak the form templates just a little, it works just fine.

Pros

Very customizable, reasonably priced add on services, receipt printing and accounting, good email options, snotty to send patients custom forms with their initial appointment confirmation, easy repeating of medications/diagnoses/prior note, great price point.

Cons

Nothing really... Except that it's not going to help you very much with MIPS.

Ashley from Health for Life Grand Rapids

Industry: Mental Health Care

Well Organized

Pros

Our office has used Charm EHR for a couple years now. Out of all the other medical management software that we have used, we definitely like this one the best. It is very well organized, and easy to use (both for practitioners and patients)

Cons

When issues arise either for practitioners or patients, it is difficult to get the issue resolved with customer service. For example, there is a limit on the amount of messages that a patient may send to their provider, which in general is a great rule. However, the message limit is supposed to reset after each visit, and often times, it does not. Patients often get quite frustrated over not being able to reach out to their doctor, and it creates more hassle for the office as well. If there is a way this can be altered/fixed, that would be wonderful!

Susan from Brilliant Avenue Center for Psychotherapy

Charm EHR for Psychiatric Private Practice

Overall, I am very pleased and feel excited to start to use even more features that I am using right now. I would recommend Charm to anyone starting in private practice in psychiatry. I am very grateful I found Charm!

Pros

I have found Charm quite straightforward for writing notes and managing patients's charts. I moved to Charm from 11 years of paper charts and was certainly nervous to move to an electronic record. I heard from a colleague that Charm had fabulous customer support and that is what made me give it a try. I absolutely can say that I have gotten excellent customer support from Charm. I feel that I still have a lot of functionality of Charm to understand better but what I am using right now meets my needs and I am sure that as I explore more of what Charm has to offer as an EMR my practice will get even more efficient. I went from being scared to start an EMR to excited to have one in 3 weeks with the excellent support. That is pretty awesome!

Cons

I really can't say yet what I don't like about Charm because I have not fully started working with all that charm offers. It's a little overwhelming to get started but I feel Charm support staff helped me through that.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Based on the recommendations of my peers that Charm was better

Camille from Resilience Natural Medicine

Happy we switched

Has solved many problems. Love that it links it all together in one place.

Pros

Ease if use. Everything in one program.

Cons

Glitchy in some areas. Wish there was more practice management options. Customer support is slow.

Cost. Features.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

PF got bought out and got expensive.

Kelsi from Ncnm

Fly

So wonderful genuine staff who are so helpful and positive

Pros

Customizable Easy Reports are diverse

Cons

How much time I have to spend on it Still iron out glitches maybe forever

Dispensary integration

Cost, customizable

Kate from Juniper Consulting, LLC

Low cost, scaleable EHR with responsive staff

We use Charm for a Telepsychiatry company with all TeleHealth visits. Charm has been responsive to our product inquiries and integration options.

Pros

Low cost, can view software ahead of purchase, responsive customer service, easy to use and train, customizable.

Cons

Not quite enterprise level yet, still some basic features most other EHRs have that are missing. But, Charm is catching up!

Heidi from Bright Futures Wellness Center

Solo DBP practice

Charm is easy to use and affordable for my solo practice. It is important to me to be able to create documents, templates, handouts and questionnaires for my practice and Charm makes it easy. I have been able to integrate billing and electronic prescribing. It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR

Pros

Affordable Functional Easy Adaptable Great patient portal Questionnaires can self populate with patient information Templates are easy to create Reports are helpful

Monica from DOC-AID

Valuable

Excellent

Pros

I have used this product since 2013. The advanced features and the willingness of the company to make changes made based on customer feedback is amazing.

Cons

I don’t like that it can’t be branded with our ligo colors.

No contracts.

Response from MedicalMine

Replied August 2020

Dear Dr. Saenz, thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on incorporating features based on customer feedback-- Glad you experienced the same. Happy that Charm's advanced features are supporting your Emergency Medicine practice!

Jeremy from At Home Nutrition

Great for a small practice

I would highly recommend this to any small practice.

Pros

Easy to use. Devs are always adding features with the integrated fax being one of our favorites. Its easy to add new patients, upload files to their chart and utilize patient management.

Cons

There really isnt too much I dont like. I wasn't a fan of the new UI very much but they allowed users to revert back to the old. The newer UI does offer a pretty cool texting feature for users withing the practice.

Justin from Revolutions Naturopathic

Charm Keeps Getting Better

Most routine tasks are automated so staff and doctors can spend more time on higher level tasks.

Pros

Responsive development team Almost all of our functions in one platform Onboarding and training is easy since it is intuitive Easy to determine outstanding tasks

Cons

Sometimes rollout of new features breaks things but the team is responsive when this happens.

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

Charm has very easy and flexible charting our doctors love.

Kamla from Mindful Family Medicine

Easily customizable software, great for my micro-practice

Very positive. They have a no-charge version for when you have fewer than 50 patients. I opened a new practice right before the pandemic, so things have been slow. Not having the pressure of meeting yet another start up cost has decreased my stress level and allowed me to explore the different aspects of CharmEMR. Also, the few times I emailed a question, I got clear, quick instructions.

Pros

It is very simple to write your own templates. There are plenty of YouTube videos tutorials on how to use the different aspects of the software.

Cons

It takes some time to get everything organized in your settings for your particular type of practice. It would be nice if there were a starting point of a primary care bundle, or chiropractor bundle, and then you could add and subtract as you got going. It is also difficult to get the patient to populate parts of their chart ahead of time. I have to manually type in the questionnaire results that my patients fill out ahead of their visits. (It is possible that this is because I am using a no-cost version)

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

The ability to customize the notes and the no-cost start-up option.

Shannon from Woodstock Natural Health Clinic

A but challenging to learn initially, but am really enjoying it

ease of access, secure, easy to review charts, HIPAA compliant

Pros

I love having integrated labs, scheduling, chart notes and billing-- having everything in one place is very helpful and convenient. I also like having HIPAA compliant messaging, and an iphone feature where I can see my schedule and treatment rwequests.

Cons

the iphone app is a bit clunky and if a patient emails with a questions I can't access their chart.

Tanya from The Manette Clinic

8+ years of Charm

I have worked with Charm EHR for about 8 years now. I love their no nonsense approach to charting. Support is always helpful

Pros

Cons

As with any system there is always a little thing here or there but no cons to talk about.

Melissa from NatureMedica

Awesome EHR

We are very please with charm and have recommended it to three other practices

Pros

Cons

We wish you could add a resource to the provider calender and book the room- the kiosk feature does not actually check in patients - and insurance is very not user friendly for patients

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

It is the best platform for alternative medicine as it allows the products to be added to inventory

Bianca from Elevate Family Psychiatry and Therapy PLLC

Great for Physician-Owner in Psychiatry

Overall, this product is affordable and easy to use. I can communicate easily with patients from their initial intake, through their ongoing care. One of the greatest benefits is the ability to securely capture and store payment information with pre-existing templates for Superbills. I would chose this EHR again!

Pros

ChARM has served me well in my solo psychiatry private practice. Prior to selecting ChARM, I researched a number of EMR's. I have all of components needed to run a practice - built-in video component (even before pandemic), secure patient communication, billing, payment collection, and e-prescribing. It is easy to use with many YouTube videos available. If/when I expand my practice with other providers, this software can accommodate other providers. This product is also very affordable. My practice is small and growing. At present, my monthly bill is low because I am serving fewer than 50 patients.

Merrick from North Portland Wellness Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

ChARM is the cheapest EMR out there...I think.

Just okay. But it’s virtually free in many circumstances...

Pros

Cost. It’s free until a certain number of charts, but still has high functionality. You can pay monthly premiums for an internal medical records fax option. There are additional features with premiums, but the fax option is the only one I’ve used and can recommend. Charm has a relatively slick new OS. Patients can have linked accounts between clinics so they can check internal messaging and treatment protocols from multiple facilities with 1 login.

Cons

Charm’s ability to create billing statements, and comprehensive receipts is very limited. It’s customer service is near non-existant. With email only options to communicate, you can expect your first response to come somewhere between 1-3 business days. The initial response is usually something generic that’s been copy pasted and you’ll have to go back and forth a few times to get a response that actually matches your circumstance.

Chelsea from Fern Valley Natural Health

Very effective and efficent program with many helpful features!

Pros

Lots of features available and customizable, great flexability with use base on your practice type, one size fits all program.

Cons

Customer service response time could be better, billing integration with their selected clearinghouse is problematic and requires a lot of time to set up properly.

andrew from Sierra Stem Cell Institute

Excellent small practice EHR solution

Pros

Very intuitive and flexible. Lots of good options for electronic patient interaction. You can usually get someone on the phone to help with questions.

Cons

ePrescribing platform not yet approved in our state (nevada). It would be nice if patients could request their entire health record from within their PHR account, and have access to visit notes. I find the Chat feature intrusive and distracting and would like the option of having it disabled.

Kelly from SEDONA REGENERATIVE MEDICINE

Charm Review

Overall I am happy we made the switch. The transition was difficult in the start but has been good otherwise.

Pros

Overall, we a happy with the system and the ease or using it. You can customize Charm based on specific needs or wants. I am very happy with the RCM team and how they take time out to make sure you understand and all your questions are answered

Cons

The initial setup was difficult. I did not feel we got great support with the initial set up. Due to not understanding the system we were left to figure it out or would just get written instructions which is fine, but difficult when you are starting up a new system and trying to keep your practice up and running. However after the initial setup and with the continued training with the RCM department it has been much better.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Because of the functional medicine reviews and speaking with another practice that uses Charm

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

We needed a better EHR software

Sherry from Emerald City Naturopathic Clinic

Scalable and user friendly

Very good

Pros

It takes care of all patient interactions, scheduling, In house dispensary

Cons

We need some different inventory management reports, and I just heard that we can get them.

True EMR.

Katrina from Our Healing Roots, LLC

Excellent Choice My Small Practice

I started using ChARM EHR in my practice in July 2014 when I wanted to move away from paper charting. I had worked with hospital-based EHR systems in the past, and I am delighted to report that ChARM EHR has been far more reliable than the previous hospital-systems I used. I love the ability to fax and receive records directly from the system without having to print. Charting, uploading labs, uploading documents, and communicating securely with my clients has all worked well. There have been a few minor bugs along the way, but the company is very responsive to the support reports that I have sent and they are continually making improvements to the system that I love. Some of my clients have had difficulty accessing the online scheduling and filling out the online questionnaires, while most of my clients seem to use these functionalities with no issues at all.

Pros

Online faxing directly in the system Customization of chart notes and labs Ease of charting Reliability Ease of communicating with clients

Lonna from Balanced Healthcare LLC

Excellent EMR for Internal and External Efficiency

This is been the very best experience across my work with this current business enterprise, and my past extensive experience in other industries. The software is excellent and the support teams are always responsive and willing to go the extra mile

Pros

This software is totally intuitive with seamless integration into many other programs

Cons

I really can't think of anything that we disliked

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

Much easier to implement, onboard staff at all levels

Reasons for Switching to ChARM EHR

The attention to detail, ease of use and customer service (real people who care)

Zak from Longtoothe-Will, LLC

ChARM Implementation

ChARM allows me to easily configure and evaluate practice configurations with Practioners and staff. This allows me to prepare and train to our practice's unique work flows and scenarios. I am looking forward to completing the roll out and feel confident that the ChARM team will ensure that we are fully implemented on time.

Pros

ChARM provides multiple support channels offering comprehensive onboarding and post-implementation support. I rely on their knowledgebase and experienced team to quickly review configurations and support tuning for our unique work flows.

Cons

ChARM is a rich, comprehensive practice management platform. As the implementation lead, I did not in nitially integrate the (available) e ChARM resources into our team.

Reasons for Choosing ChARM EHR

I chose ChARM based on recommendations from several existing users followed by review of their o -boarding and post-implementation services.

Catherine from Wellness Garden PLLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

This is a misleading question. My experience of the software? My experience of this class?

Listed on previous page.

Pros

Fairly easy to use.

Cons

It has many billing limitations. As well, as far as being able to evaluate the company statistics there is no function along these lines. You cannot see daily totals anywhere.

July 2016

Barry from Healing Provisions

July 2016

Affordable All in One for Integrative Medicine!

Pros

I have been using Charm for my Integrative practice for over 4 years. They have been really responsive to customer needs and wants. It is very flexible and has many more options for supplementation and dietary recommendations then most other systems. This at a very reasonable price (based on volume) for what is included!

Cons

They are having some growing pains with customer service and some times do not get issues resolved until you get in touch with a senior representative.

Carol from Sirius Medical Billing, LLC

CHARM EHR makes billing easy

Charm has been effective in helping biller and provider to bill claims, recoup revenue and track unpaid balances fairly effectively.

Pros

Charm templates allow you to capture all the info on patient and insurance that you would need to bill for medical insurance. The ease of creating visits and moving them to Invoices for the biller to check and send is a time saver. Charm allows for data bases of insurances, cpt codes and DX codes that match your office practice. Charm allows me to stay in touch with my provider via their HIPAA compliant messaging service. s.

Cons

Charm does not allow for a batch statement feature. Invoices must be sent for each visit. This lack of process creates a very time consuming task for collections staff. ERAS are not automatically downloaded to CHARM but must be created by a 3rd party clearinghouse and them upoladed.

Megan from White Paper Fox

Amazing versatile product

Efficient, easy and versatile. Perfect for small to medium companies.

Pros

Highly customizable and scaling prices.

Cons

None love everything.

Monica from BowTie Medical

Charm EHR - what a gem of an EHR

What a relief to find an EHR that is easy to use, very adjustable and allows for a patient centered experience. All the other EHRs that I looked at put the biller first and the patient last. We take our patient care very seriously and wanted that to be the starting point in finding an EHR that worked for us. I found Charm on the web and for the first couple of weeks, we played with it looking for something that we didn't like about it. The only thing we don't really love about Charm is that each facility has it's own calendar - not a deal breaker. After that we jumped in with both feet. The price is good, the telehealth is fabulous and the billing and eRx were easy to get started. All in all, a real winner! I expect to be working in Charm for a long time.

Pros

It looks good, it works well and the price is right

Cons

Each facility has it's own calendar. It would be easier if the calendars could overlap. We have pracitioners that work in multiple facilities and it can be confusing to keep track of thier schedules.

Robert from Legacy Medical Centers

Functional, integrated, slightly time-consuming

Great program overall, maybe they will make it so there are less tabs and less clicks to get around. If you do not have a lot of visits per week this is a great value. It may also work if you are just starting up a practice, that way you don't have to agree to hundreds of dollars per month.

Pros

-Many features, comparable to any other program out there (e.g. syncs up with major laboratories) -Cloud based -Works with integrated MD/DC/PT offices, so you can have many types of providers -Great ability to customize exam forms and notes

Cons

-You are charged by each patient encounter. This can be bad if you have a high number of low-fee visits (like ancillary services). This may make it difficult to estimate how much it costs per month -Clicking on tabs takes up time. Some programs do a better job of integrating everything into one screen

Antasia from Arizona Integrative Medical Solutions

Charm is a breeze!

Pros

This product is so basic, yet so complex! All of the options available are amazing and are so simple to get to. Within two clicks, I am where I need to be in the software. All of the add-ons are great and are very specific to different types of practices and their needs.

Cons

Least liked thing, eh maybe the cost of adding each thing on - but again, they are worth it and they run a business too!

Nicole from Anderson Natural Medicine

Good value for small medical office

I've been using Charm for about 1 year and am pretty pleased overall.

Pros

I like the options to customize some templates such. I don't use billing features but it's great that it's included.

Cons

You cannot enter information directly on an invoice. For example, if you want to add a product into an invoice or a service that is out of the ordinary or brand new, you cannot just enter it and have it remain on the invoice. Everything has to be entered in inventory before hand. This is sometimes too time consuming. Some fields cannot be modified, like vaccines. Most patients do not know details, such as injection date. This if field is required so I enter visit date and then have to make other notes.

Nena from ACH Hospitalists

Best Small-Mid Size Practice EMR

Pros

All around excellent!!! Very easy to use! Has the same features as the "big" EMR companies and more! Easy to create templates and quick phrases. Integrates with e-prescribing, labs, and imaging centers. It's near perfect!

Cons

ICD 10 settings in the assessment section of the note are too restrictive. Difficult to find diagnoses at times if you do not type in the same first word.