• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and great customer service"

• "Ease of use and organization and the customer support was very good."

• "Easy to use, Technical support availability and knowledge is great"

• Cons

• "All though the software is very easy to use it does more than a small one man office like mine will ever use. Some of the tables are huge and can be a little intimidating. "

• "There is a bit of a learning curve, but there would be with any new software. Difficulties with updates sometimes come up, but they have been short-lived and customer service has been amazing. "

• "Can be cumbersome to customize at times, but it has always been worth the effort. I have been experiencing far too many crashes and 'freeze ups' and that can be frustrating. "

Browse Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Robert from Children’s Orthopaedic Institute of Northwest Florida

Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage is the best orthopaedic EHR solution!

Very well-integrated and coordinated implementation team. Although [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was primarily responsible for our implementation, everyone on the implementation and support teams have been very helpful and friendly. I have not had any bad or difficult interactions with anyone at Compulink.

Pros

Although, the software was originally written for ophthamology, Compulink has done a great job adapting to orthopaedic surgery with Compulink Orthopaedic Advantage. The visual diagnosis engine function is very helpful for identifying and documenting specific pathology in various anatomic regions. The software easily accomodates the physician/provider preference for input to the EHR. There are template for dictation, drop-down menus, or manual entry (scribe). Microsoft Remote Access for Compulink Cloud Advantage implementation was very easy and device friendly. I am able to access Compulink from literally anywhere with internet access on my iPad, Windows, Mac, Android, laptops, etc.... I was able to easily and effectively implement DICOM MWL to manage my patient workflow with in-office X-ray and cloud PACS.

Cons

Customization of template features is somewhat difficult to do on your own, if you are hands-on. The technical and implementation support is outstanding and will customize for you. There are still some bugs that need to be fixed and features that I would like to see implemented. Web Registration is tedious and slow for patients. All patient outcome measures are displayed and may not necessarily be relevant to the patient. Need to be able to designate the outcome measures for each particular patient. Caveat: I did not have my own IT person. I implemented the software, myself.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Best value for full featured EHR with patient reminder (Practice Watch), Web Registration, and VDE (Visual Diagnosis Engine) with lowest cost for implementation on the Cloud. Orthopaedic-specific features are built-in.

Kevin from Eye Care and Vision Associates LLC

Unique practice needed an extraordinary software.

I have a nursing home based practice and therefore my practice is very unique and I issued Compulink a very difficult challenge to solve many issues with note taking and practice flow and practice management and they have lived up to every challenge so far and they have frankly surpassed my expectations in almost every scenario. This is a great software with GREAT people!

Pros

This software is very robust and therefore is capable of doing so much for my practice. The data mining and reports are an incredible tool in my practice. The ability to link in forms and mine that data has been a huge time saver for my practice. There is so much customizing that can be done that you can create the software you want. The more work you are willing to put in the more efficient and thorough you can be. This software has saved my office space hours per week in its ability to manage schedules and use data mining and run reports. The worklists they created for us have become indispensable as well. For the most part, with this software, if you can think, then they can typically do it. And most importantly, the people at Compulink have been absolutely amazing. They have an amazing group of people there and they should be proud. Can't wait to see what this will look like in my practice 5 years from now.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The thoroughness and customization features were a game changer. Also the web registration component was something else that sealed the deal. The web portal was vital to me as well. The web portal component has been disappointing so far because it has not worked properly but they are working on it and I am confident it will be fixed shortly. The ability to run the worklists and data mining was also a game changer.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Aprima was cumbersome and took too many steps to find information and they didn't have the retail side of things to help with glasses.

Michael from Dominion Behavioral Healthcare of Chesterfield

1 year in... honest review of Compulink

The biggest problem that compulink has is that lots of their software doesnt work. I mean, it does--- but it doesnt for a psych practice. The best example of this is that the insurance verification doesnt verify mental health codes--- in software titled PsychAdvantage. Its very clearly ophthalmic software that they barely put any effort into making work for psych. Their support is hit or miss- some of them are great- and some- like their business office manager- have ethics problems and border on straight up theivery. Their quickbooks integration flat out does not work-- their own people took 6 months and could not get it to work (their own software) and then did not want to refund us. Who does that? Many of their employees are unaware of the functions their software reportedly has-- and with good reason- the software doesnt really do that. Technically, it could (telemedicine is this way) but no one would ever use it. The other employees tend to be condescending, and mix in "hmm, I've never heard of the product doing that". They have zero accountability for their software not working, often act condescending, and always want you to "run diagnostics". When they dont want to handle their software not working, they refuse to talk to you. I've come to call this "classic compulink". Also, their ledger straight up cannot handle multiple locations. The software is pretty terrible at handling ERAs, if you're being paid electronically.

Pros

notes are easy to write. Most my documentation takes about 3 minutes per patient to write up. When features work, they sometimes work well (albeit often glitchy, often broken) Finished product (therapy note as a pdf) looks fantastic. Since we now get paid electronically, we get paid faster.

Cons

-glitchy. Often produces ridiculous errors. Not at all intuitive. To learn how to use the software, you essentially have to get used to all their glitches, so you eventually learn how to avoid them. Dont waste time asking them to fix them, either. - "Running Diagnostics" is an impractical pain, and a fool's endeavor, as it is yet to actually do anything. I would be pleased if I never ever heard that again from someone at Compulink, ever again. I'll not hold my breath waiting for it to work. I would ballpark that we're currently at 0/50 in this endeavor. - Insurance verification in a program called Psych Advantage (which we could pretty easily argue should aptly be called Psych Dis-advantage), which actually does not verify the mental health benefits of the insurance is purely ridiculous. There's no way around that other than admitting that you made this program for medical practices and never bothered to actually tailor it to mental health, and that's clear. -The lack of knowledge and agreement about your own software that you own employees have is disconcerting. I called more than a handful of times about integrating quickbooks ( great example, because their own website says the product does this), yet many of the employees took this as brand new information or denying it outright. A similar thing occurred when their own employees were unaware there was a telehealth built in option.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost. And that was foolish.

shawna from ozark orthopaedic

Fair

Customer Service is efficient. Most features take a lot more steps than our old system.

Pros

The PM and EHR are both together. Easier than using 2 system separately. Makes it easier than everything is in one system.

Cons

Not being able to fax documents out of the system. We have to use another vender for outgoing faxes.

Orthopad was sunsetted.

Perry from Lake Oconee Eye Care

Highly recommend.

Pros

Compulink is a company that shares our values. They believe in providing the best solutions so their clients can be the best. Changing practice management software is an investment in time and resources, so we went with Compulink. We are confident they will continue to be the best solution in the future as we grow from a medium organization into a large organization.

Cons

Change is always hard, but the Compulink team is easily accessible during the implementation process.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink had the resouces and business philosophy to be the best choice now and in the future. Changing practice management systems is too hard to do every 3-5 years. I went with the long term best choice so we will only have to change once.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Eyefinity specializes in the small optometric practice and integrates every solution into their software. As we grew the best solutions could not be integrated with Eyefinity, and Eyefinity's integrated solutions were not as good as the best solutions. Once we realized that would always be the case we decided we had to change practice management systems. RevolutionEHR did not have the resources to stay ahead of the ever changing government mandated Medicare EHR requirements, so we went with Compulink for the long term.

Fred from Lydian Chiropractic

Outstanding customization features

Pros

We have been using Chiro Advantage (one of the software specialties from Compulink Business Systems) for more than 10 years. We chose it because it enabled us to build our own EHR screens that are designed for our special method of treatment. Chiro Advantage offers an excellent, broad range of features for building custom screens, including custom fields, rich screen building features, and a library of scripting functions and logical operators to perform various automatic operations with text. We used these features extensively to build our entire suite of EHR screens from scratch. I also appreciate the tech support. They are very helpful, and usually available with minimal wait times.

Cons

While Chiro Advantage does a good job handling our data for the purpose of treating individual patients, it can be difficult to export EHR data out of the software so you can work with aggregated data. For example, it's hard to export data from selected EHR fields. The SQL search function is difficult to use. Sometimes we have had troubles with the stability of the software - sometimes it crashes and you have to restart it.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We chose Compulink over MacPractice because of the potential for customizing our EHR screens.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We previously used Medisoft to do practice management, when our office was using paper treatment records. Medisoft did not have a robust EHR offering, so we switched to Chiro Advantage when we made the leap to EHR.

Brenda from Choices Therapy Services, LLC

User Since 2018

We have been with Compulink since 2018. We have been able to grow as an agency while using the software and now utilize their billing department to assist with submitting and allocating our insurance claims. They have an online library of information to utilize as a provider and business owner and are growing as a company to provide changes to their product to enhance ease of use.

Pros

The software has some time saving capabilities such as matrix options in the assessment, easy access icons and treatment planning goals/objectives prewritten selection options. The claims posting and ledger screens are easy to use without background in claims processing.

Cons

There are quite a few steps to follow when creating documentation and sending for ledger posting.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Sales. Their sales person did not sell me on the product. Was not educated enough about my questions and concerns

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The main reason we switched was because the software and claims processing were two different products and was too time consuming to track insurance claims. The system was too basic

Suzanne from crown point optometry

A software with flexible options for different practice needs

Generally good the software is rarely down and it is usually possible to get a support call back within a couple of hours at most. There are some glitches in the software but some of them are eventually getting fixed and they are not interfering with the functionality of the software.

Pros

Implementation, had sessions booked to train how to use it. Also, I like the cloud based model, don't want to have to worry about a physical server. I also liked how it is flexible, right now I just use the EHR but it is flexible to add dispensing or contact lenses in the future. It is also flexible in cost based on number of computers which is good since I'm a small practice. Easy to book appointments.

Cons

Some glitches like entering IOP has to be done in a certain order and some cosmetic glitches like overlapping text in the software. The software has overall improved and become easier to use over the time of be being with it, but at first it took a while to figure out where things were.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cloud based vs server based, cost/ease of implementation

Loan from TLC Optometry Inc

Good but more still need to be done

Overall, Compulink has made my intergration from paper to EHR an easy transition. However, I feel it's not specifically gear towards optometry but more ophthalmology. I do love the new customer service!!! Always there and extremely helpfull when I needed help. PS: Do you have optometrist consultant on your design team?

Pros

I liked the ability to create my own layouts and favorite encouters to be more efficient. Also like the feature where I can just duplicate previous notes and diagnosis. The new contact lens detail selection feature is great. Compulink is easy to navigate.

Cons

The patient on-line registration needs to be revamp for optometry. The patient text messaging feature needs improvement. More diagnoses need to be added on the health hx page: too many searches and clicks. I am on the cloud EHR and the Ambir e-Signature is way too slow. I am still waiting for resolution. It's going on 2 yrs now.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I didn't need all the whistle and bells and the price was right at the time.

Nathan from Bonneville Vision, PLLC

Customization is king

Overall I am fairly happy with the product. I have not loved any EHR for optometry, but Compulink is the one I have hated the least. I chose Compulink based on them being relatively well established, their customization ability, and the customer service is decent. I do wish some of the core coding could be customized.

Pros

Customization ability. Decent optical inventory/product ordering functionality. Responsive customer service. Ledger and billing is generally user friendly. EHR is fairly intuitive with tolerable amount of button clicking.

Cons

Patient scheduling functionality could significantly improve. Certain core coding is not able to be customized. Eyefinity interface was boasted during marketing but very disappointing in terms of actual usability.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Customization ability, fewer button clicks, cost, familiarity, option for server-based system instead of cloud only, customer service, brand pervasiveness/longevity, aesthetics of screen layout and general appearance

Bryan from Dr. Bryan Vanesian, O.D.

Long time user of Compulink Eyecare Advantage.

This is where Compulink shines. The whole team does an excellent job of responding to our problems, inquiries and complete disasters in a timely fashion. With three different office locations and 40 workstations all running from our server, keeping up and running is critical as we are completely paperless. Recently we migrated to a new server and opened another location and had to convert 26,000 medical records from another venders software and I am happy to say that Compulink made it all happen as easy and smoothly as I could hope for. If there is any one reason to choose a software vender it has to be their support department.

Pros

I love that the software developers are frequently upgrading and adding features to their software. Most of the software does not require a lot of training to use; I have to train my new Externs every 3 months to use the software and it only takes 2-3 days to get the hang of it. The "tab" system of organizing the chart seems to be the most elegant way of handling the large amount of data we enter for each patient. Editing and adding specific patient info is nicely done with the new hovering and selecting a desired function. Data integration with our instruments works flawlessly and speeds up our exam times.

Cons

There will always be some issues, but nothing major. I don't like the color scheme the developers decided to use, or I should say lack of color. I find data easier to find if in color coded boxes or better yet; let me choose to highlight something in color. It would be better if I could edit the data in the pop-up defaults and be able to re-order them as I see fit in an easier way; I never remember to leave the software to edit tables for use later. Looking up ICD-10 codes should be easier too, I frequently use a web search to find a code.

frederick from Pediatric Ophthalmology of NY, PC

AN INCREDIBLY WELL DESIGNED EHR. It makes my life much easier!!

We use Compulink for all aspects of our office including, scheduling, billing, EHR, and employee hours. It has been efficient in all dimensions. We also interface with their appointment confirmation liaison. Compulink has certainly added to our bottom line with their efficiency. Their phone service for technical support is always very responsive as is the Compulink design team.

Pros

This software allows me to quickly, and in great detail, review, document findings, and make plans for patients. It saves me an incredible amount of time and generates all of my consult letters. Screens are arranged in logical sequence and layout. As a pediatric ophthalmologist, I appreciate the ease of recording multiple gaze measurements and the inclusion of special sensory testing. There is rapid and easy interface with all of our machines ( e.g. autorefractor, lensometer, document scanner etc.). The self-made templates are invaluable, speeding along the record keeping process. Medical histories and review of symptoms are "one click" if normal. Data including acuities, refractions , strabismus measurements, IOPs, etc. is kept in easily reviewable longitudinal tables. The multiple dropdown menus greatly add to ease of use. Prescribing spectacles is very easy as one may choose any of the refractive measurements ( autorefractor, lensometer, etc.) as a starting point. Included is drawing software for external or retinal documentation which is very easy to use. Printed reports and records are very professional looking and organized. The communication tab allows one to easily record data from a phone conversation. I hear my colleague's complain about how their EHRs slow up their days, mine allows me to see more patients. I highly recommend this EHR.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to unleash the power of this EHR. This is especially true of the customizable templates known as Encounter Favorites. Once these are established however, your EHR works for you in a smooth and efficient way. Compulink has excellent tutorials to get you through this process.

Candy from Milestones Retina Eye Care

Expectations More Than Met and More To Offer When I am Ready to Expand

The Compulink Help Line is Outstanding. I can easily explain my issue (or what I want to accomplish) and I am directed to the department appropriate person in a timely manner who can assist me quite efficiently and professionally.

Pros

Compulink Software is all inclusive for my current needs - a combined PM and EHR. Also, I am not locked into one type of template. For example, most my patients have Retina issues, but if a patient also happens to have another issue, I can import a problem appropriate Tab and I don't need to have it unlocked for me by the company (or pay more). I could see where this would be advantageous for a multi-specialty practice (even though I am not one). There are also multiple other resources I can choose to incorporate and use that is available as options to add to the software's capabilities (e.g., RCM) as my practice grows. The really nice thing is that I can function efficiently now and utilize Compulink Software (in all my various roles) at a good price point and still anticipate how I can incorporate what Compulink has to offer as my practice grows.

Cons

Setting up the Look Up Tables took me a long time but I was a new practice that did not have much (or any) of that information in a readily available database to put into the Look Up Tables or did not know how to organize particular information prior to being asked by Compulink to place such information into my Look Up Tables. On the plus side, needing to spend the time to build my Look Up Tables, helped me understand how the back end of the PM/EHR worked.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Excellent price point based on my needs and what Compulink has to offer as well as provide options as I expand my practice.

Carrie from Regal Oak Counseling

Powerful Software for Mental Health Providers

Compulink Healthcare Solutions has been a tremendous asset to our business operations. Streamlined functionality includes verification of benefits, treatment planning, integrated billing and remittance posting, multiple locations, group scheduling option, client web registration, a clinician training portal, and so much more - too much to list. One look at the demo and you'll see the power in this software. I highly recommend Compulink Healthcare Solutions to anyone who needs a powerful and intuitive software option that is reasonably priced, always improving, and backed up by world-class support.

Pros

We started with Compulink Healthcare Solutions from the time we opened for business in January 2016 (no integration from another software), and spent a tremendous amount of time researching available options beforehand. None of the other software programs offered the features and power well suited for small and large companies. We wanted software that would be efficient and extensive, but also grow with the business. From 1 provider to many, the software has delivered in every area. Customer support is always wonderful and timely, and there are always ongoing improvements that make our job easier. Billing is a snap, reporting is thorough, and everyone at Compulink is open to hearing user feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

None of the other software programs were as extensive, flexible, or well priced while allowing for growth.

Cheryl from Geriatric Eye Group

Customized Design for Our Unique Practice

It has been a wonderful 1st year and we are doing extremely well

Pros

The ability to customize for a mobile optometry company - The staff was able to think outside the normal practice setting and adjust the software to fit our mobile needs.

Cons

Insurance Set Up was difficult and our implementation person was not as responsive as I would have liked. Several glitches made things frustrating

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had worked with it at another practice as a consultant and asked the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to take a look because of the value.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Management Plus parent company was having trouble and there was a huge lack of support and the insurance processing was done in India and caused a huge issue.

MARK from Self Employed

Compulink fills the need of our practice

The trainers are awesome! The salesman is a blatant liar. Trust nothing his says.

Pros

Compulink allowed us to proceed from paper to electronic records bringing us into the new century. Now that it has been accomplished, we probably should have made the conversion long ago. My favorite part of the software is the ability to track. There is no question that our revenues are increased because we are better organized.

Cons

Even more than 6 months later, I still have not learned all there is to the software and have not had the time to customize to use it most efficiently. Seeing patients, running a practice and keeping up to date with charts means that I am working many more hours per week. I am getting faster at charting but I still work late most nights finishing my work. Overall, my biggest complaint with Compulink is that the salesperson lied to me repeatedly. I asked specific questions and was given answers that were 180 degrees different than than the truth. For example, I asked if my patients could schedule on-line through Compulink. The answer was absolutely. The real answer is that it is part of the plan for some time in the indefinite future. I made decisions based on the information that I received and likely would have gone a different direction, if I had known the truth.

Jeffrey from Jeffrey Cooper OD, PC

Optometric -Ophthalmological software

Previous to this year service was slow and difficult. You had to leave a message and they would get back to you. That has all changed. Now they are responsible, response to a telephone call is usually immediate which is important during the pandemic

Pros

Compulink has a long history of providing financial and EMR software to the ophthalmic community. Their recent upgrade has been a game changer. For those of us who provide both medical and optical care, the new software integrates this very well. For example, their is integration between fitting of contact lenses (with features that make it possible to automatically populate the fields); ordering contact lenses (delivered at home or office); automatic pricing changing with cost and market variables; and integrated into integrated web store. These features are important to make us competitive in this very competitive world. The customization features are also important to us, which allows us to vary the design of our software to our specific needs. The have dramatically improved their support so that the emphasis has changed from solving problems, to implementation of new features and training.

Cons

Integration of images, is still a little awkward

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

My professional colleagues raved about it. It is used by most of the Optometry schools

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Never worked correctly and poor support

Mike from Georgia Eye Partners

Advanced, Comprehensive, and Highly-Customizable EHR/Practice Management Platform with Excellent Service and Support

Over the past 15 years I have been responsible for implementing or converting several practices' EMR/practice management systems and I can tell you that, by far, my experience with Compulink ranks them at the top level. Since migrating to Compulink Advantage four years ago, we have seen improvements in clinical capabilities, quality of patient care, and effectiveness in all areas of our practice. What's more, Compulink has been an excellent business partner. They listen to their customers to understand what improvements or changes we need. The software improves in reliability and new features with successive software updates. I have not had that experience with all medical software vendors in the past.

Pros

Feature-Rich: It's hard for any software to be everything to everyone, but Compulink has proven to have what we need to run our practice. Highly Customizable: The software comes with common-use templates that allow you to be up and running quickly, but the real power of the software is in how easily customized it is to fit how your practice works; not the other way around. Many integrations with third-party software are available as well. World-Class Support: Dedicated and knowledgeable staff are there to guide you every step of the way when you get started. Their technical and customer support are very helpful and responsive to keep things running properly as well.

Cons

Software Customizations: The ability to customize is one of the best features of Compulink, but that also requires that you have a well thought-out plan for how you will use your system. Update bugs: Like most software packages, you might experience some issues with the "latest and greatest" versions. Fortunately when this has happened to us, Compulink has been there to remedy the issues promptly and keep our practice running pretty smooth.

Brandon from Professional Eyecare

Long Time Compulink User

Overall, we have been pleased with Compulink and the number of things it can do for our office from accounting to EHR to inventory. We have used it for over 10 years now and have been able to grow an adapt to changing times with it.

Pros

Compulink is a customizable solution which makes it fit your practice like you need it to. We have some specialty clinics we do with low vision so we were able to develop our own layouts for our low vision exams.

Cons

When you compare Compulink to other software solutions it is more expensive both in initial investment and then also in maintenance fees.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We chose Compulink because it was the most customizable. We needed something we could make fit our style of practice and still have the robust features for accounting and inventory.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We needed a solution that had both an accounting and EHR component.

Caitlin from Dr Caitlin S Filips Inc

Great customer service with Compulink

It was a lot of work to set up, but that is the case with any EHR. The transition was smooth and they are constantly making updates to the system.

Pros

The customer service of Compulink is outstanding. There is a help icon that you click and submit a question or problems. The Compulink IT staff will call you back and login to your computer if necessary to fix the problem. The online registration is very helpful especially during COVID. Patients can fill out their paperwork before they come into the office and save time and exposure to COVID.

Cons

All systems have their glitches and technical difficulties which can be annoying at times.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The set up and pricing was good and it is one of the more popular EHR favored by Optometry Schools.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I wanted to use EHR which I didn't have access to on Practice Maximus.

June 2015

Shannon from VisionFirst

June 2015

Operations Manager/Billing Manager

Pros

This Eyecare Advantage product is geared toward the optical industry and the customization makes our pricing more accurate. The vendor offers excellent support six days a week and also has specific departments based on your particular question or issue. You are not always directed to a general support person for questions. They also have different level of tiered support based on your question or issue. That is very nice! Compulink also offers a wide variety of online courses for training.

Cons

Because of the complex nature of the functions behind this software which makes it for easier and automated functions for the user, Compulink uses SQL for many functions. While it works so very well, it makes me dependent on support to create a customized function.

John from Athens Eye Doctors & Surgeons LLC

Compulink, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Compulink is a great piece of software and very well thought out. But what draws you to this particular EHR software can also deter you. Let me explain, Compulink's main selling point is how customizable it is and how easy it is to switch from paper charts to EHR. But what they don't tell you is that the more you customize the software the less support they can truly offer and the more work you have to do to keep it all up to date. Don't get me wrong, Compulink's support staff is some of the best support people I have ever worked with. But the more you customize the less they can really do to help you. So the customization ends up being both a blessing and a curse. Overall, I would say that I would recommend the software mostly because of the great support and the fact that they do try and listen to you when you ask for a change in how the software fundamentally works. It just takes some time to get used to just how very different this EHR software really is compared to most other's available.

Pros

I think the best thing I like about the software is the ability to write small "smart scripts" AKA "smart functions" in the EHR software that allows you to do many different things and even automatically fill out certain parts of the chart for the nurse and/or Doctor. There is also some printing functions that allows you to customize and print out specific letters to the patient and automatically fills in the patient's details or whatever you need really. The "screen builder" within the software is also very easy to use and makes customizing the software to how you want it to look very easy to do.

Cons

As I stated before, the customizations that you are encouraged to make can also cause huge issues in the functionality of the software. If you mess up your layout, the ramifications to the stability of the EHR software can be huge.

Carrie from Regal Oak Counseling, LLC

Consistently Great Experience with Compulink

Total practice management with reliability and ease of use

Pros

The functionality, flexibility, and extensive nature of the software is impressive to say the least. It is an affordable option that makes practice management and billing simple. There is a bit of a learning curve, but every person from sales to customer service has gone out of their way to help in all areas needed and to consistently respond to support requests. Training new people on the software has gone well. It is a powerful program that Compulink is consistently working to improve, listening to user feedback. I am relieved we went with Compulink, as we recently had Tsome rather extensive growth. the program has handled our growth without a hiccup and allowed things to continue running smooth. Perfect? No. Worth it? Definitely. Overall, they are highly recommended. There is not one area where Compulink promised and did not deliver. Their staff is professional, the tech support is knowledgeable, and everyone works hard to ensure our success. So thankful for Compulink!

Cons

Learning curve is moderate to heavy depending on experience, but comparable to the powerful nature of the software. Having some minor issues with insurance information no importing from the web registration.

Shannon from VisionFirst

Compulink

I have been a Compulink client for over 12 years and have seen the healthcare industry change a great deal. It is critical to have a software vendor that is committed to staying up-to-date on healthcare rules and restrictions. Compulink exceeds my expectations in this arena. They are on the forefront of the next phase in healthcare and I have been very happy knowing I have a partner looking out for my practice. Compulink allows me to either use the software in it's default format or to customize the software as much I want to meet the demands of patient flow and doctors' needs. I like being able to control certain modules within the software. I like the fact I can choose how "cookie cutter" or customized I want it to be. Compulink's training and support is phenomenal. They offer pre-recorded online courses as well as live webinars on every aspect of the software. This has been a great training tool for new employees. Their support department is very prompt in assisting me with whatever needs I have and are very knowledgeable about their product. Compulink offers various interfaces and third party programs for their software that makes our jobs easier. I personally take advantage of several of those features and they work very efficiently. The interfaces I utilize are for my autorefractor, visual field and online patient registration. The third party programs I use are Demand Force (e-mail/text software) and CLx (online contact lens ordering). Again, I have the choice of choosing what added interfaces would supplement patient care. I also maximize every module in the software. These modules include electronic health records, line item posting, electronic claims billing, direct billing for a couple of our major insurance plans as well as the inventory and lab modules. Compulink has found a way to nicely tie in every aspect of the software with each other.

Pros

Customer support, very detailed EHR system, electronic billing capabilities, ability to customize software.

Cons

Customization can be labor intensive if you choose to go that route.

Jayne from Valley Eye Specialists

Long Term User Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink is in the business for the long term. They are constantly updating and evolving to meet the ever changing needs and guidelines of our medical practice. As with any system, there will always be features that we would like to be different and features that we do not use to full capacity.

Pros

Software is necessarily complex to manage the compliance and regulatory issues of a medical practice. It has a good revenue cycle feature for submitting claims with a good team behind it.

Cons

Because of the complexity, sometimes it takes alot of clicks to accomplish simple task. In the current version, on some screens, open boxes do not easily move to the side so you can see what is behind them.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Researched the ownership, and the ability of the software to evolve with the changing needs of Medical Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records over time. Basically, I did not want to commit to a practice management solution and have to convert to a different vendor within a few years. There were some struggles but we are still customers after 20 years.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

System was being terminated.

Mark from Vision Health Institute

Very Happy with Compulink

Overall I would give Compulink an A grade. We have had no issues with getting support on time and I hear from other doctors with different software that this has been a problem. Their updates are seamless, the software is intuitive and easy to learn. We have externs that rotate through our clinic every 3 months and they comment on how easy the software is easy and how they wish their schools used Compulink.

Pros

The ability to customize tabs, their web registration (patients complete online a form -before they come to office- with all their medical history, family history, medications they are taking along with allergies and medical insurance); once the patient arrives at the office, with just 3 clicks of the mouse, all this information is downloaded into their record (no paperwork to fill out at the office). The ability to interface all of our images from topography to ERG into the cloud EHR with ease. Also, once a diagnosis is made, an order set populates so that it is easy to add diagnostic test to complete the patient record.

Cons

As with any cloud based system, when the internet is down, so are we. The patients ledger could be organized better.

Judy from Quality Family Eye Care

Great Software for Optometry!

Overall Compulink does the job for my line of business and I’m satisfied with the software.

Pros

Easy to use for billing, EHR and scheduling. I’ve used other EHR systems and softwares and Compulink is simple to use with many features. It’s can be customized to an extent for the cloud option.

Cons

The software goes through update so far once a year. Usually the updates in improvements are not as noticeable to me as the glitches that result from the updates. A little annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Price point and I had used the system before while working for another optometrist. I was familiar with the product but almost a decade prior.

Vinh from Today's Vision Cypress Fry Rd

Compulink

Pros

Ease of use from anywhere with Cloud base. Able to run many detail reports. Good inventory program for frames. Pre-populated letters. Web Registration. Patient's portal.

Cons

Difficult to customize scheduler. Have to change both lens options and definitions to add or remove lenses from system. Even after adding lenses from both the lens option and definitions, the lens does not show up or syncs properly. Cannot add part of exam tabs to exam in EMR. Can only put max 3 insurance payment per line in ledger. System setting is not user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Used Compulink in the past.

Kathy from Rodrigue Eye Care Center

Compulink Review

It has been fine...customer service is good.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of the EHR to billing system.

Cons

There are to many step," clicks" to get between each step

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Doctors Decision based on colleagues opinions

Combine EHR with Billing system instead of multiple systems

Linney from Gold Eye Clinic, Optical & Survery Center

Compulink is GREAT!

Pros

Compulink is always developing and improving the software. The staff is easy to work with and seem to understand our needs because many of them have been in private practice prior. This is a huge advantage for Compulink and the client.

Cons

Sometimes new features and updates do not work when first rolled out and it takes a while to work the bugs out.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

sales person was more knowledgeable and their price beat the competition

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

they did not provide everything we needed, ie: one software for clinic, optical, ASC and billing

Alex from Medical Practice

Complete Solution with User Suggested Changes

I want to work without as much stress as possible. The ability to communicate with instruments and the quick way of populating fields on subsequent visits when nothing has changed is great. The fact that it prompts you for missing info is helpful.

Pros

There is little it doesn't do. From patient registration, insurances, optical and communications, it's all there. There is so much there, that it can get confusing and unless you use it consistently you may spend time to relearn.

Cons

I believe the way the referral and general communications are done could be improved. The faxing system could be better with a verification of success. There are too many templets and yet just simple letters are difficult. I'm only involved in exams and not optical or billing. I wish there was a really stripped down version that would be less expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I had used Maximeyes in my previous practice. We out grew that system and switched to Compulink. When I set up a new office, I didn't want to learn a new system. That would have been more stressful.

Scott from Riverside Optical

Needs to be more intuivite

Overall the user experience could be better. The reason we are using Compulink for our optical department is because our existing practice Management/EHR vendor (NextGen Healthcare) has not developed a robust optical component to the software. In all other aspects NextGen has a far superior PM/EHR package when looking at the user experience.

Pros

So far the integration with billing VSP is critical and most important.

Cons

The lens tables are overly complicated and could be better "out of the box." Any changes to these tables is very time consuming. Pulling reports is not user friendly and sometimes the report function you are looking for is not where you would guess it would be- The help function

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

VSP billing integration, lens tables pre-loaded-

April 2016

Charles from Fredericksburg Eye Associates

April 2016

Comprehensive and Customizable

Pros

1. The software is comprehensive. You can entire in an impressive amount of organized data regarding the patient's history, examination, and plan of treatment. You can use the same software to schedule all of your appointments, email or snail mail automatic reminders of their appointments, and fulfill meaningful use requirements. Lastly, it has a robust financial side of things. Easily audit your accounts, send out customized patient statements, run an incredible number of efficiency queries to maximize production. In addition, Compulink has already in place numerous agreements with 3rd parties to make sure the experience is smooth. I love the fact that we are cloud based and I can log in from home on the weekend and do everything just as easily as if I'm in the office. One final point is that Compulink has been in business as an EMR vendor for MANY years. The worst thing you can do as a clinician is go with a small startup company only to see them dissolve or sell out to a larger company. Now all of your time/money has been wasted.

Cons

Calling for help is usually routed through calling the main number, leaving a message and waiting for someone to call you back. The cost of the product is probably higher than others on the market but in this arena I think you get what you pay for.

Maury from Eyecare Plus Scottsdale

Feature rich Optometry practice software

Mostly great. When I have software issues, they respond quickly and effectively. I have been with Compulink for 10+years. Often, the issues I have with the software are caused by my network issues, not the fault of Compulink.

Pros

It is constantly trying to improve. The tech support is very helpful.

Cons

There are still repeatable inputs that I have to use on every patient that will not auto populate.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Reputation. Also, most optometry schools use this software

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

OfficeMate had numerous issues, and was not responsive to problems faced

Karl from Optometric Eyecare of Rockland, P.C

Great bang for your buck.

The implementation and training was tailored closely to my needs. I felt I received great personal attention from helpful trainers. Having an implementation coordinator is helpful to keep me on track during the entire process.

Pros

The most important aspect of any EHR when I was shopping was its affordability. Compulink was the lowest priced EHR that I could find with most of the features I needed. They also provided me with a no risk feature where I could get a full refund after 12 months of use if I felt that it didn't suit my needs. Also, no contract was required.

Cons

I found the software to be very complicated to use with a steep learning curve. An extensive time commitment is needed to incorporate into practice. Luckily, due to COVID an "shelter in place" I was able to commit regulars blocks of time towards learning the software and setting it up. Unfortunately, I am not able to incorporate contact lens ordering straight from the EHR. Some vision plans are also not compatible with its ability to bill directly from within the software.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

It came down to price. I couldn't afford to risk a large investment not knowing how it would suit my practice. Compulink is hands down the most affordable EHR, in my opinion based on my research, for my needs.

Gwen from Community Eyecare Inc

Makes my day run smooth

Running insurance claims/reminders/statements is a breeze and super fast with the newest upgrade. I can get my job done hours sooner, which opens me up to help the staff or take on additional projects.

Pros

There are so many reports to pick from, it makes my monthly reporting to the doctors very easy. If we have issues, we call/email/or direct message support and we hear from them within an hour.

Cons

Having to pay for a service every month that we may not use is frustrating. I wish they would remove that additional fee every month. Integration was easy, they sent someone to our office to train the staff and then we had a personal trainer to work with if any issues came up.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink was the best on the market when we switched.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We switch a long time ago. We needed something that was state of the art and allowed the doctors to enter information faster to be able to give the patient more of their attention and to see more patients an hour.

Raymond from Eye Physicians of Northampton

Longevity

We implemented electronic medical records many years before it was mandated. I can not imagine going back to paper charts since Compulink in infinitely better. The compulink team has always helped us with any updates or transitions in the software or hardware that we needed to make and they work closely with our IT provider.

Pros

We have been using Compulink Software in our office since 1997. Compulink was been a solid company then and has continued to be one of the best options over the years and that is why they are still around when many others have gone out of business or were taken over by other companies. The software is very customizable which allows the user to adapt it to their way of working rather than having to work the way the software forces you to.

Cons

The software (like most) occasionally has indexing issues that can cause some down time. These can be the result of power outages and backup timing.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

They had a good track record and they had an actual useable product.

Brad from Kaster Eye Clinic

Just Switched to Compulink!

I just opened my own practice in November 2015. I had narrowed my EHR search down to Compulink and one other competitor. I originally chose the competitor only to switch to Compulink 3 months later. Although it is a hassle to change to any EHR systems, it was well worth the time and money spent. The implementation staff was great and easy to understand the whole way along. My staff and I are much happier with the new system, especially in regards to reliability and ease of use.

Pros

Fast cloud server that stays connected. Tabulates ledgers and Ohio Tax on materials CORRECTLY. Syncs well (once you're through the setup) with 3rd party services like visionweb, eyefinity, etc. Layout is fairly easy on the eyes. Inter-staff communication capabilities / user action items. Compared to other systems, Compulink is fairly more intuitive when trying to figure out something on your own.

Cons

Difficult to quickly flip back to a specific patient encounter. However - things like old refractions, IOPs, and diagnoses are pre-populated into every exam. So this isn't a common frustration. Web Registration will sometimes not submit or upload correctly. The new layout is better but requires patient to register a username and password. Pricing structure (compared to my prev software company) - such as charges for adding a new provider to the practice etc.

steven from Compton and Compton Eyecare

Compulink review

I have been with Compulink since 2004. For the most part I have been very satisfied with the software, the support and the ongoing training.

Pros

The software may be customized in many ways. This makes it highly adaptable to many modes of practice. Each administrator can make the software fit his or her needs.

Cons

No software is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Software development is a much more complex task that most people realize and updates take a while to beta test and implement

Steven from Steven Walsh Optometry, LLC

Finally found a cloud based system that works

Very positive. On boarding team is excellent!

Pros

Connectivity is more reliable than the other 2 cloud bases EHRs and customer service is awesome!

Cons

Creating a diagnosis and plan and making additions and adjustments to those can be cumber.

Cost and reputation

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Poor customer service and unreliable connectivity

Elsa from Golden Optometric

Customizable, all-inclusive software

Compulink is an all-inclusive software that allows us to run all aspects of our business; paperless charts, inventory, financial reports, etc. That being said, the more complex that a system is, the more "glitches" that occur. I understand and accept this. We've been using Compulink since 2012. It would be nice to have a "overview" of what we could be utilizing, doing better (or incorrectly), etc.

Pros

The ability to customize it to suit the needs of our multi-practice/multi-doctor organization.

Cons

The continuous glitches that happen after an update. Makes me reluctant to do the update when it is launched. I also wish that the lens definition table was either updated more frequently or gave us the ability to edit Compulink owned lenses when they are incorrect.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The ability to customize and how detailed the system is.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

OPTO was a very simple DOS based software that worked for us at that time. Once technology changed and offices were going paperless, it was time to switch!

josh from Butler Optical

Industry: Medical Devices

A very good product

My overall experience with Compulink has been great. I chose them when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using Compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

Pros

The software is very easy and intuitive to pick up and start using. The interface is clear and simple and allows you to work and get done what you need with no distractions.

Cons

The cost of the support contracts seems high. I don't have much need for support but when i have they are very helpful. I was told i could use the software and then pay for support as needed. We set it up but later got a call saying that it was not true and i would still need to pay monthly.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I chose Compulink when i set up my business because of my experience with them from the practice i was in that was closing. I have been using compulink for 15+ years and its been a really great system.

August 2015

Denise from Thayer Eye Care

August 2015

Have been using quite awhile

Pros

The usage of this software is quite straight-forward and all in "one unit". Before we got our first EHR in 2009, I investigated several and wanted something that was integrated into one, instead of several separate modules. I actually know of several practices that are now CHANGING their EHR that started with some that I dismissed at the beginning. Everyone from Compulink is friendly and helpful and they also are at ease with the notion that I like to do a lot of the things myself. We have actually changed a lot of the layouts, etc to suit our practice needs and I like that you can do that with this product. If you can't do it yourself, they can do it for you.

Cons

There are occasional crashes when a new update goes through but I can get them on the phone right away. (If you tell them you are down totally, they will immediately call you back.) I really don't think the crashing part is a big problem as I have NEVER seen a program that didn't crash at all. I do wish they had different levels of tech support, that is at different $ amounts. I do not feel that we need as much tech support as some offices and I think that should mean that we pay a smaller monthly fee.

Joseph from CT Eye Specialistgs

Compulink Advantage Ophthalmic Software

Software has been very stable and reliable. Has improved over the years. Management has been stable. Price increases have been reasonable and not frequent

Pros

The company was and still is run by the head programmer

Cons

Sometimes the default layouts and information are too general- slanged towards its origins in optometry

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Had EHR, Billing and Scheduling all in one. Was ophthalmology specific. Cost was mid level. Was customizable

Ryan from Eye Care Associates of Michiana

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Pros

In general the product is easy to use. If you are unsure of what to do or where to go in the software, the Help feature allows you the ability to look up key words to get the answer. Their support team is also great to work with. The ability to customize screens and the VSP integration are huge positives for our office too.

Cons

Updates to fix certain bugs often cause other areas of the software, that were working fine, to glitch. The ledger can be confusing and the receipt for the patient is hard to understand for staff and patients. The tables can be a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how they work, it becomes easier.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Compulink was chosen because it was an all-in-one system that has practice management, optical and EHR. Also the fact that it is customizable was a plus for the office.

Keren from R. Michael Kabbes, O.D., LLC

Review of Compulink's Eyecare Advantage

I have recommended Compulink's Eyecare Advantage for years. In the late 90's, when we decided to go to a Window's based program for our practice, I thoroughly investigated all the software programs for optometry. At that time there were five being marketed. Compulink's Eyecare Advantage was heads above the rest in the ease of use, included features, available options, and value for the money. All the other software programs seemed to be offering much less for the money. I have never regretted this purchase and have found great and quick support from the staff at Compulink whenever we have a question or needed some help. This software is easy for new staff members to master quickly because it is so user friendly, and Compulink's staff is ready to help any level user with any question. Compulink offers online classes, live and recorded, and all aspects of the software. Advantage Eyecare also has a help manual that can be accessed from whatever screen the worker is on, and by clicking on the help manual, the user is taken to the section of the help manual pertaining to that screen's function. It could not be easier to "check on something." Compulink's Eyecare Advantage also makes it very easy for the doc to use electronic medical records and achieve Meaningful Use. Everything you need is built in, and the software even "reminds" you if you have forgotten something for Meaningful Use, or if a diagnosis is not supported for the procedure.

Pros

Ease of sending and posting electronic claims. Most electronic remittances can post automatically, saving staff time. Ease of checking electronically on unpaid claims. User friendliness of software. Integration with Frames Data. Built in help to achieve Meaningful Use.

Shelly from Shelly D. Baker, OD, PC

Compulink EyeCare Advantage Review

We started using the EHR when it was federally mandated and have not looked back since. Overall, we are satisfied with Compulink Software.

Pros

I have used Compulink for over 12 years. I like the ease of use and the ability to customize the screens to fit my needs. Tech support is awesome at calling back and making appointments.

Cons

I feel the price I pay per month for software support is high. My team rarely calls for support so I don't feel like we receive our money's worth every month. Would like a feature to be able to double book on our schedule. Would be nice to have all the bug's worked out of new software updates prior to launching them. It seems like every time we get an update it messes up several things.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

other software company was not meeting our demands for customization and software support.

Kara from Optical Factory and Showroom, Inc.

Compulink is a great investment.

Pros

We had extremely simple integration from a custom program. Training was a breeze with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!! We're very happy with all aspects of our program.

Cons

we definitely need more specific reports for optical sales. Dispensing and sales reports for each team member would be beneficial.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

cost and ease of implementation.

Laurie from Whitewater Eye Centers

Compulink Review

Overall, experience is good.

Pros

The ease of navigation and training of the system.

Cons

We would like to build reports on the fly.

We did not have time.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We were separating from another company and could not get response from NextGen and we were rejoining another provider who was using Compulink.

Janet from S. Frank Sanchez, O. D.

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

It's a one stop solution. It serves as a product for patient communication as well as patient billing, insurance billing, eligibility and remittance. It also functions as electronic health records.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of computer users.

Cons

Updates. There are always problems with large updates; however, they also get the problems corrected.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

When we had moments of discontent and looked at other programs we realized that Compulink addressed some things better than the other programs and it wasn't worth the trouble of switching for the few things that another program may do better.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The other program was unstable. I met Link at a meeting and viewed the program. I was impressed with his knowledge and commitment to the program.