(1,787)

1,787

• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Lots of features. Great price"

• "It is extremely easy to use, I love all the features. I love how I can change the color, ease add services or team members, etc...."

• "is easy to use and is very fast I am so happy with the software"

• Cons

• "It is very customizable, but it would be nice if they offered packages for added features instead of paying a la carte."

• "The updates sometimes will not allow you to sign in during a particular timeframe, but other than that- We are super happy with it! "

• "I wish there was an easier way to book the whole day off but other than that it is great!"

Browse Vagaro Reviews

Kathi from Kathi's Hair Design At Salon Montage

Salon Calendar booking and scheduler

Best Software for Salons out there yet.. Either for full Salons or individuals. I've gotten almost all the girls to use it at my Salon. especially the young ones that are first starting out or new just to making their​ own schedule. I've​ been in this business forever, 42 years. I love anything techy. So I really love​ that it works on my phone that I can schedule anytime, anywhere, And My computer from home and my iPad​ as well. All in all I just can't​ say enough..

Pros

The ease of use. Checking out a client and knowing that they have a receipt of the breakdown of services and next appointments emailed to them..Yes!!! Also never having to call to confirm! that is a sure fire way of determining your income​ in advance. Also when I know I'm going to be off for any​ time​ different than my regular time, I can send out a mass email and everyone can get on the schedule either before or after I'm​ back. They LOVE this!..

Cons

I really have no complaints. been with them since the very beginning and they have only listened and worked with me on my wishes and ideas. They are constantly​ solving​ my questions and wishes.

Cristene A from The Studio Lake Tahoe

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

Pros

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding. The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

Cons

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards. When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right. Very minimal issues to even speak about.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

User friendly, cost, and functionality. Vagaro seems like it has heart, and really cares about helping the user/business organize, streamline and grow.

Cassandra from Salt Remedy

Vagaro has been in business 9 years?!

Even though Vagaro is an improvement in a lot of ways compared to what we had, I wouldn't recommend it to another salt therapy spa. You say you are a salon and spa software. We operate a lot like a massage spa does, but your software does not function well for our needs. Please make the following changes: Allow for relationships between members Allow for a membership to be shared with others, where on person pays for it Allow employees who use the Vagaro system to also use the same email to be a client somewhere else. Allow recurring scheduling for classes to be unlimited Allow the business owner/manager to make the decision of what Vagaro permissions they give to their employees Make merging profiles easy Keep duplicate profiles from happening for no reason

Pros

I own a salt therapy spa. The color coded calendar is really nice. It is easy to book clients into classes and appointments. Checking clients out is not perfect, but ok most of the time). I will put the rest of my complaints here, since it limits characters in the Cons. Clients cannot use the same email if they have used another Vagaro merchant. Families also can't use the same email on different profiles. We have a client who has been with us for over a year. She recently went to work for a massage therapist who uses Vagaro. Now, we are locked out of her account and cannot even change to a different email she gave us. The answer from Vagaro was to have her use our work computer to sign into her employee Vagaro account and make changes on our system. When I told tech support that is unprofessional and ridiculous to have my clients making changes to their account on our system, I was told that's not unprofessional at all. Uhm! Yes it is. I asked to speak to a Vagaro manager, was told they don't work on the weekends and that I couldn't leave a message to get a call back. I was told I would be responsible for calling back myself. I am also not happy that I cannot give permissions to my employees that I need them to have. I need them to be able to upload excel sheets for certain things. That is only a manager permission. What's going to happen when I open other locations? I pay employees to get things off my plate so I can run my business.

Cons

I don't think this system is good for a business with several employees. I do not like that we can not make family relationships. We sell family memberships and need for one person (usually the parent) to sign everyone out under the one membership. However, the way it is set up, we check the parent out and the have to comp the kids. That makes it look like we do a lot of comping of sessions. It makes me wonder how a fitness facility using Vagaro does their family memberships? Scheduling a client for a recurring class is also not very friendly. You can only schedule them for 20 classes and no more. I have clients that come 3 times a week faithfully. There is no way for a reminder to add them back in. However, you can book recurring appointments forever. It should be consistent for classes as well. We have had trouble with client profiles duplicating themselves. We can't figure out why that happens. Then, merging the clients is a problem. Half the time we try to do that, it doesn't let us, because it says they are the same person.....very confusing and difficult to deal with. I'm not totally happen with the merchant processing. On more than one occasion, we've had clients try to pay for services or retail with a gift card they got. When we try to use it, it won't process. The answer that we got from Vagaro is that about 50% of the time, the merchant bank doesn't allow certain gift cards to be used. As a small business owner, that is very embarrassing.

Cassandra from Love and Hair Peace Salon

Easy to use / lacking functionality

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

Pros

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

Cons

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I did not choose it. I ended up using a cloud based version of salon iris .

Kelly from KB Massage Therapy

Vagaro Helped control by business

this program has made my business run so smoothly, with out having to reinvent the wheel. I love that no matter what the future hold, I can add on as i grow, or as my needs change, and its SO affordable.

Pros

I finally have the ease of doing that I am best at. I have NEVER liked the "paperwork" of my business, and Vagaro has allowed to excel at being a business owner but with out spending the insane amount of time I was use to using to keep my business running. I love that its like having my own personal assistant!!

Cons

there are so many features, that sometimes i have a hard time locating a setting change, or a feature I need to use, without help. I do love that I can ask them.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I chose Vagaro because i could get all the features I wanted and the cost was minimal. I also wanted to have 24/7 support.

Caitlyn from Caitlyn Overby - Massage Therapy & Yoga

Recommend

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

Nashira from Nashira Massage Studio

Best appointment app out there

I am fully satisfied with Vagaro.

Pros

You get the biggest bang for your buck with this app. I have tried a few others in the past and paid way too much for features that Vagaro not only charges an affordable price for but the set up in easy and self explanatory that you don't really need to call into tech support. I have also tried several of different types of marketing on various platforms but Vagaro has one that I have gotten plenty of clients from. Their forms is amazing, you can do intake forms and send out surveys and given that we are going through a pandemic its an easy way to get fast feedback from you clients without being in front of them. Everything is basically customizable without being too overwhelming with their features. You can literally tailor it to your business needs without being forced to have a feature and pay for it just because it falls in a certain category. Keep up the good work Vagaro!

Cons

Sending an invoice for a future appointment. Sometimes we get booked for chair events in the future and the company hiring us requests to pay a day or two before the event.

Christine from Christine Kraychy Esthetics

Made my aesthetic career easy and increased revenue

Excellent! I can be anywhere there is wifi if a client wants to change their appt or has questions about booking or cancelling their appt. This site has saved me so much time, paper with online receipts, and is so efficient with the automatic appt confirmation. It has helped me be very efficient with organizing time, appts and has helped to increase revenues.Very up to date and easy to use from my iPhone or laptop!

Pros

for the client: accessible through an app, sign up with facebook as well, automatic emails and or texts to confirm appts, client may cancel appt, online forms easy to fill out for myself: accessible through the app, very easy to schedule and reschedule and cancel appts, a complete custom menu with limitless editing, email and text marketing, inventory easy to do using smartphone and barcodes, check out very efficient online, always choices, no need for a receptionist and very few telephone calls. Automatic confirmation of appts go to the client's email or text for them to add to their calendar

Cons

In Canada clients can't purchase on the website, although I do use Anycard online e-giftcards with the Stripe availability and clients can etransfer me directly or phone in their credit card for an online gift certificate. Must purchase an extra website feature if wanting more space for pictures, etc, so I end up posting on Instagram with examples, before and after. No feature to post videos, but I understand the site is looking in to this feature

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

>Wix: is limited with the menu and didn't fit my spa menu and booking needs at all >Insight: I am familiar with but thought it was too expensive and did not like the booking method, as I have used it at a salon previously >Mindbody: I did purchase 2013 and used for a year when I had a large spa and staff. It was very expensive at the time and I had to buy all of their equipment for the program to work. Best suited for a large spa with many employees, as for myself as the sole service provider, I don't need a program for employee or contractor commission.

Response from Vagaro

Replied May 2020

Hi Christine, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Jasmen from Jazzy Braidz Salon LLC

Came on home after trying other scheduling software

Employee participation

Pros

My team does hair, NOT computers or technology so I too for granted how unintimidating the Vagaro platfor is for artist and creative thinkers. It uses images for my clients and because I have a hair salon, everyone wants to SEE what we do and Vagaro shows them why they want to schedule. They are ready to take us to the top and during the COVID-19 crisis they more than had my back every while I wasn't with them. They continued to reach out while the company I was using at the time and paying 5 times more for per month was doing a bunch of nothing. I am happy to inform my team that while everything is going crazy in the world, or new normal at the salon will be with Vagaro, they have the ability to set up mobile services already, I just had to flip a switch and I am able to redirect my entire business in a necessary way.

Cons

The primary colors made ME feel like it was an immature ap for a teen but my staff which is made up of millenias LOVES IT so I had to rethink things. The color had nothing to do with the fuctionality of the software but it did encourage the staff to do inventory counts, and it stops the admin team (ME) from getting tired of looking at a white screen.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Jasmen, thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thank you for being a Vagaro Business!

Tynne

August 2016

Customer Service Knows Me Well!

We've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer. Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of "Rock...Paper....Scissors" when they see me pop up on chat they're always happy to answer a question and walk us through something. :) The software itself is very user friendly and most of our clients say that the online booking features are fast and easy! I have no doubt that Vagaro will get better as they grow more customers. I'm sure for the independent service provider the core needs are 100% met. As larger salons join Vagaro the features that bigger salon/spas need and want will be added. Thanks Team Vagaro for a great booking/business software! ~Tyne & Team Zoi'A Spa & Salon

Pros

Easy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients. Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking. Marketing tools are a good business driver. Business reports are getting better with every update. Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system. Online chat option is AWESOME! Customer Service is A+

Cons

-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list. -We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well. -Marketing promos could use a "retail" option. -Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.

Matt from Evolution X Fitness

Awesome software with amazing support

Currently we have been able to streamline our scheduling and payments with Vagaro. Recently we integrated zoom so that we could work our way through the COVID-19 crisis. It was one of the best and easiest to use additions vagaro has added.

Pros

Vagaro is extremely easy to use I love how they truly listen to the customers and are constantly evolving their software. They have done and continue to do so much for small business. Amazing bang for your buck!

Cons

The only feature that I do not like about the software is the ability to past date payments. For example someone pays with a check and you do not input that payment the day of then you can not back date the payment date.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Both software's did not compare to the compatibility of Vagaro. The cost and user interface was no where near that of Vagaro.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Matt, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Christy from Java Salon

I love the format of the software

I love that I do not need other services like Demand Force or Square for invoices and Gift Card Sales when using Vagaro. I can now customize Vargaro to do the same things in 1 software and in 1 payment per month!

Pros

I love that the software is able to customized to my salon company needs. I love the email and text message marketing. I am still learning the program and all the add on services available. This month my 2 favorite features have been the invoice capability to be able to sell products to our clients while shut down for 30 days and then the ability to email & text clients of the current status of the salon closure.

Cons

Reports are either not as detailed as I need or trying to pull collected information. For example, I wish I could pull a list of new clients who visited our company last month. I also wish I could mas tag a group of clients like tag all customers who bought "Color and haircut" or a specific product. Ability to mass tag would give my more marketing power as I listed in what I love most about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The biggest reason was the low cost and the protected IP.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Christy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Michelle from EOS Lymphatic Massage

Vagaro Cares About Customer Service/Support

Overall experience, great value for what they offer, outstanding customer service/support that you can actually talk to over the phone and money maker option.

Pros

The fact that I can get a LIVE human being on the phone to help me with just about anything I need relating to the site. The folks in customer care and always patient, kind and helpful...even when I have grumpier days. Grateful to these wonderful beings!

Cons

Well, I really would like it to integrate with a virtual receptionist like www.ruby.com As my business has grown, I'd love to be able to have this feature available to further help myself and my clientele. I also would prefer that the booking function automatically NOT allow for a customer to book sections that I've blocked off for time in between clients. The customer sees something different from what I see right now regarding this piece and we need to be on the same page with this.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

By the time Schedulicity came out, I was already with Vagaro. Appointments Plus had some great offerings but they nickel and dime you for things like text reminder for your clients which, as a solo practitioner, can really add up and hurt my bottom line.

Response from Vagaro

Replied March 2020

Hi Michelle, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Katrina from Kat's Hair Therapy

Part time gal

The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

Pros

I really love that with this software, everything is pretty much in one place. The POS is relatively easy to use and I havent had many issues at all. The customization adds a nice flair as well.

Cons

There are only TWO things that come to mind. 1. I wish I could set certain days through out the month and not necessarily certain weekly hours. I am a part time worker and I work a random three days every week. My clients are not allowed to book through the online part because I cant pick the days I will be available without it being a reoccurring weekly schedule. If it is, I havent figured it out and would love to know how to do so! 2. Fridays/ weekends it takes FOREVER to get my transfer into my bank. Its very frustrating at times due to the fact that I am a very small business and don't have large transactions frequently.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

My coworker uses it and she told me that it made doing her taxes easier to accomplish without the stress and that is right up my ally!

Felicia from J Winston

My clients and myself love Vagaro!

Vagaro has been great. Even when My website domain host offered a booking site through them, they admitted theirs can't compare to everything Vagaro can do.

Pros

I love that I don't have to be a slave to my phone. I don't have to go back and forth with clients, "how bout this time? or this time? or this time?" they can just get online and see all my openings! I don't (often) have to leave my clients in the middle of appointments to book another one. When i'm off/busy i set my work phone to driving mode, directing my clients to book online. The reminder texts are a God Sent according to my clients and compliments very well the ability to set my clients up on a rotating schedule which is also very convenient! Oh, and the dashboard is a great tool to track busy times, slow times and number of clients, repeat clients and if they're booking online or not

Cons

I don't know if this is already a feature or something I need to do on my end through my phone but it'd be very useful if i got some sort of sound notification, a ding of some sort, when someone booked online so i would be aware of it when i'm super busy and think I know my schedule and end up telling a walk-in to come back when I think I have a gap in my day but it's been filled online. I do wish there was a way I could make certain appointments only available during certain times for services that I share a room with another stylist. And not that it happens often (maybe 3 times in 3 years) but when the site is down.... i feel totally lost, like a have no control over my life, I don't know when my next appointment is, who they are or what they're having done! it's awful. but it never lasts more than an hour or two I don't think.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

better over all lay out, ease of use and convenient domain name.

Kyesolyn from Phoenix Heir Spa

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

Pros

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Response from Vagaro

Replied February 2020

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

HEATHER from Tranquil Traditions

Smart choice

Pros

I love how easy the setup is. Vagaro walks you through every part of the software so you know exactly what to do and how to use it. Additional features are more advance. Love the build in marketing features and how easy it was to link to my personal website.

Cons

cost of additional features. started at $25/ month now to get everything I need I was close to what I was paying for other software companies. However, the customer service is far better.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Customer service, easy to use. updated marketing. looks more professional than others.

Response from Vagaro

Replied January 2020

Hello Heather, We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our software and our Support team! You are correct, the price does incrementally increase with the level of use - Vagaro is $25 a month for a single user and $10 for each additional user on your account up to seven total users. Anything above and beyond seven users are free. We also offer premium features such as credit card processing, email & text marketing, online forms and check-in app which attract an additional fee. Our Support staff is here to answer any additional questions you may have or walk you through the full functionality of the software, to ensure you are getting the most value for your money. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone at (925) 464-1932, or send an email to support@vagaro.com and one of our agents will respond quickly. Regards, Dan C.

Scott from Infinite Beaute'

Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price.

Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros

Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help. I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons

When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL! I had over 1000 client names and I had no idea when they were in last, how often they came in, what services they booked. Customer service was not much help as this point since client history simply isn't something that they transfer as part of client data so not much they could do. I hope they add this feature in the future since it's really the only negative (although a pretty big one for me). I was able to send an email blast to the clients who had provided an email address but that still left a LOT of people who still needed to be identified as current clients and notified of my move. The process was far more labor intensive than it ever should have been and the length of time it took definitely cost me time and money.

Cost, features, flexibility.

Paul from Body Balance Massage and Float

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great scheduling software that is constantly getting better.

I have really enjoyed using Vagaro, it seems like whenever I am thinking of something I would love to have the ability to do Vagaro has either just rolled it out or rolls it out a couple of weeks later. Their dedication to constant improvement has made using Vagaro really great. I also love how easy it is to use day to day. My receptionists and I have used other software for scheduling and it was usually a mess, having everything clean, simple, and easy to use has made my day to day work life much easier.

Pros

There are so many things that I really love about Vagaro. I looked at a lot of different scheduling systems before deciding on Vagaro. The others that I looked at were either too bulky and complicated or were too simple and lacked key features. Vagaro strikes a great balance of being full-featured while keeping things simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to add upgrades to services instead of having to add an upgrade as a separate service. I think this would make things easier for massage services which often have upgrades that are added onto the regular service.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Vagaro had the features and functionality that I needed in a clean easy to use format. Price was a big factor as well. Vagaro provides great value for the price. Great entry-level pricing that lets you get started and expand as you need.

Dianne from Healing Through Touch Massage

Great app, but missing some key requirements for 2020 appointment booking, customer mgmt

Not the best. Development is not designed for real business processes in the health and wellness industry. Explaining to customer service what issues are is NOT productive. Customer Service reps are NOT trained, but learn on the job, most calls are put on hold while CS rep confirms with experienced personel, sometimes as long as 15 min. Hold and wait times are extremely ong

Pros

Inexpensive, easy to set up, basic appt booking and packages available

Cons

Pkg use is not based on value, rather on total paid divided by # used Monthly subscription is not user friendly, 6 month subscription should ONLY renew every 6 months vs each month which confuses customer Emails should NOT be sent for every change to calendaring as sometimes rebooking, re re booking is needed and even though during rebooking I can select NOT to send to customer, Vagaro sends ANYWAY based on customer being signed up to ever receive email/text/sms. To compensate, the work around is customer are NEVER set up to receive emails or text or SMS and all confirmations are done manually via NON AUTOMATED text Package totals cannot be modified after purchase. Ex: Owner policy is late cancel (48 hr notice required) or no show is full charge to customer. If client cancels same day and another client wants that appt time, both have to be booked on the same day at the same time in order to reduce package by 1 for no show client and charge package (or credit card) for client that really came and used that time slot. Although the user interface is titled modify # of remaining in package, the change DOES NOT change number remaining it changes total of package and thus all appts are repriced by the software, confusing both the accountant and the customer No reporting or "view" of client visits and charges from client account Owner has to go to a separate function called reports, run transaction report (memorize when the client was at the shop..eg last 6 months) AND the repo

Cost

Penny from Headlines Salon

Vagaro Fan

I have no complaints. Vagaro has done exactly what they claim to do and has proven to be very user friendly.

Pros

Cost affordable All the features that are available Easy to use Clients love the reminders that they can get

Cons

I haven't found anything yet. Using the marketing tools can be challenging for a new comer, but for the most part I don't have anything to complain about.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Cost, features and ease were the top reasons.

Maria from Pampered People Boutique

I love this booking system!

Pros

This booking system makes my business so much easier to run as a soloprenuer . It is so much more than just a booking system , it is my website and POS as well. I love how it sends out multiple reminders to clients (3) I believe . My clients love it as well for the ease of use and the reminders. I get compliments on this and how the website looks as well. I love that Vagaro listens to its clients requests and adds new features from time to time . There is also a chat feature for help and on the phone assistance as well. I love the fact that I can sell gift certificates, and cc cards as well . Today I got an email that now if we wish we can have clients pre pay for services. The customer service is just wonderful. I revcently changed the template on my website to something that reflects my business image now . I love how it is easy peasy to do so , without assistance. Many of my clients like the option to book online themselves. I love how to make reports for my accountant is easy as well . Another benefit is email marketing. If you want to know more sign up for the free trial .

Cons

I wish they had an answering service. Maybe one day . They do have a place where you can put a clients formula which is great . But if a client gets multiple services it would be nice if there were multiple type cards for them for , facials , lashes , hair , etc . I wish they also had online forms for clients to fill out and sign . But these are not really cons just potential features that haven't been created yet

Annie from Primp & Refinery

So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday.

Pros

One vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!

Cons

One thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.

Samantha from Mia Bella Salon

My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.

The salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service booked in their book is booked appropriately by time, which makes a smooth transition from one client to the next. Also, when checking customers out, it is super easy. Being a booth rental salon, who still functions as a team and uses one system, one receptionist, one merchant, one credit card machine, it makes it easy. It breaks down each providers day, total services, total money taken, etc. So, when it's time to closeout, there are no mishaps, you know exactly what happened with each client, by name, by service, by provider. You can truly check anything you need to. Also, when clients move their appointments around, as clients always do, vagaro has it set up very smoothly. It's very easy to move a clients appointment from one day to the other. Also, having the business website attached to the actual software is a major bonus! A lot of new clients find us using vagaro. The new customers can see customer reviews, they can see our service menu and prices, our hours, everything they need to know, and they can book online right then and there! Our clients truly love booking online, without that feature, a lot of our clients would have a hard time booking appointments because their schedule changes from day to day. With this option, the night before they know they are going to be free for a service, they can open up their phone and book for the appointment they need with the service provider of their choice! Vagaro, with the few faults it may have, is hands down the BEST salon software you can get today! It's a one size fits all type of system that has worked while we were an hourly salon, then to a commission salon, and now a booth rental salon. Vagaro is so great that we REQUIRE all of our service providers to use this system! The providers that have been with us since the beginning wanted to stay with vagaro. The new providers were amazed by the system and were happy they made the switch! Anyone who has ever used this system would be a customer, no matter the size or type of salon you have! It's the best! Almost 4 years with vagaro, and many more to come!

Pros

The online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally sheets, and vagaro makes that absolutely a breeze. I am part owner, salon manager, and reception and I do all of the employees paperwork and money handling, and vagaro is absolutely amazing and makes the process so much easier than other software I've used over the years. The transaction list, to be able to go through all checkouts for the day, to be able to refund, charges, cash, and checks all separated into categories. It's just amazing. The checkout through vagaro is nice as well, you can put in the tip amount, check, cash, or charge, without using their merchant services, which is a benefit because you have an actual layout of each customer, each transaction, whereas on the credit card machine, which is completely separate, you can only see customer, and how much paid, including tip. Since, we opened this salon, we have only had vagaro, and we will continue to only have vagaro. It's the best salon and spa software that is available. No matter the size of salon, or services offered. This system works for everyone. Also, the text message updates they send out when theyre down.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing. So, we ended up having to buy an actual credit card machine and go with a different merchant provider, and now all of that is resolved. The next thing I like the least is, you can't separate your business at all. We have both tanning and a hair/nail salon. So, our tanning hours are slightly different from our hair/nail hours, and there is no way on vagaro, or our website, to separate and add additional hours. The last thing I like the least, is that Vagaro really only allows you to add services, there's no where for us to list our prices for tanning on our website, unless we take a picture of the menu and post it in our pictures, which would be out of place.

Mary from Gel Nail Bar

Industry: Cosmetics

Work Smarter, Not Harder!

My growing home-based nail business was using text message to book hundreds of clients. Switching to automated online booking was THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I have ever made! It saves me from answering 600+ texts/week at all hours of the day/night so I can better focus my time and energy to providing a quality nail service. Automated booking removes the human errors of miscommunication and mistakes while providing each client ownership of their appointment, thus reducing no-shows. VAGARO online booking was a smooth transition and the App's simple user interface has made clients confident to book/rebook/cancel appointments any hour of the day. Clients can see all available appointments and compare against their schedule, as well as receive reminder emails that could include pertinent details, such as where to park or methods of accepted payment. I searched online and at beauty conventions for the perfect online booking system that could grow with my business needs, and VAGARO is the best value and service available on the market. It was a catalyst to my business development and the very definition of learning how to work smarter, not harder.

Pros

-so far, EVERYTHING! -incredibly easy transition of hundreds of clients over the span of a month; the app is user friendly and self-explanatory -clients of all ages and backgrounds have eagerly accepted the integration of automated booking -easy to book off personal days without clients privy to days off -easy to edit all aspects of the business (clients, hours of operation, services, etc) -no major software bugs; my business operations have never been hampered by software glitches

Cons

After using this software for almost 1 year, I still haven't taken the time yet to explore the fullest capabilities of the software. However, I'm hoping it will be compatible with my Canadian Moneris account in respect to accounting and reporting through the client database and service totals, especially as I add staff to my growing business and move into a management role. The Vagaro name took a while for clients to adapt to - we still don't know how to properly pronounce it!

Maria from Pampered People Boutique

August 2016

Excellent Booking System !

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

Michele Lynn Riedel from The Nook hair design by Michele

User Friendly

With everything being said Vagaro is awesome. They have marketing emails and inexpensive adds. I am very happy despite having problems. Nothing is perfect and Vagaro customer support is very good. In addition they have training videos and webinars.

Pros

I love Vagaro it is user friendly and streamlines my entire business. My whole business life in one system. Clients love it because of ease of booking and appointment reminders which is great because of obvious reasons but it also is good if there was a miscommunication between myself and a client and we can correct it before a mistake in appointment time and day. It shows me so much data and allows me at a click of a button to see what is going on and see my results. I love it.

Cons

There have been once or twice where a client booked online and it did not show up. I've also had clients show up for an appointment they booked but because I was so busy I did not realize they were coming in. With that being said the Pro's out way a few hiccups. However I have been highly dissatisfied with there mag swipe it is finicky and sometimes doesn't work and I have to key enter a sale which costs more and wastes precious time. Then I bought the blue tooth chip reader but it won't stay connected. So customer service has been very helpful and I am waiting for a docking station for the chip reader which is supposed to keep it connected. I have high hopes for this device. However I wish they would have explained that there was a docking station and that the chip reader would need to be paired after 30 minutes.

Vika from Julian Mountain Spa

Bes booking software for a day spa

We are hands down, head of heels in love with Vagaro. It made a world of difference in how we run our spa business and added comfort of knowing that the technological part works great. We feel fortunate to work with a progressive, development driven and customer oriented company.

Pros

The software is intuitive and very easy to navigate. The layout and size of the font is easy on the eyes. We love how quickly we can setup new services and classes including the integration with Zoom that allows us to have live streaming sessions. The reports are amazing and provide great analytical support. And to top it all off, the customer services is outstanding. All of our questions and issues are solved quickly and effectively. One last thing, Vagaro is development oriented software, they continuously improve their product and they care about implementing new features which improve user experience.

Cons

The software does not allow to create rooms (as separate from resources ) when doing the scheduling and that poses a bit of difficulty, particularly when a room can be used for couples services and individual services.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I think it was a good feeling after we got off the phone with Vagaro representative and when we explore the software a bit during the trial period.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Vika, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Christine from Belmont Beautique & Barbery

Great Tool for my Industry

overall a great experience

Pros

there are so many pro's to this program for the Hair Industry. The switch from my previous scheduling site was so easy. My clients love the ease of scheduling and the reminders have reduced no shows 100%. Being able to keep formulas and notes on all clients in one place is convenient. Employee scheduling and time tracking along with Quick books integration are amazing. The fact you can get a website for just $10 per month and it is linked so if you change something in your main program it changes automatically. It has so much more to offer

Cons

Nothing to do with the software but I would like see better. card reader with a screen like clover or Square.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

at the time I was just a single person salon. I would like to see Vagaro update the hardware

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Christine, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Dianne from Healing Through Touch Massage

Great Features

Excellent. Solving so many business problems. -Booking and changes readily -Selling packages and memberships online that allow clients to either pay monthly or pay in total and then have access to "#" of treatments. -Mobile app: allowing clients to book and buy online -Text info to owner whenever a client requests an appointment so that owner can ACCEPT,

Pros

The appointment Booking and billing is great. Calendar user interface as well as syncing to Google Calendar is great. Sign on and processing time for each transactions is REALLY FAST! (I used mindbody previously and it redraws the entire screen with each data entry). Being able to format the calendar a little is great.

Cons

The requirement to access transaction reports to refund or edit a client transaction is frustrating. I want to be able to go to a clients account and do anything for the client from that account, specifically see their visits, what they have been charged and be able with all of that information in front of me, refund, void, or partial refund. No way to pay a therapist a tip without charging client a service first. Customer Service told me to create a product called tip and use that. But that means products which are used to calculate SALES TAX will be included in the same annual report as tips should ONLY be included as income and be part of the income tax calculation. Now I have to run revenue report for the year, AND separately product report. Then download into excel, parse out tips and add them to total revenue for state and federal income tax reporting. Shared packages. The software looks as if it was designed for hairdressers or spas who do NOT allow clients to share packages. My company has an advantage over ALL OTHER MASSAGE. My packages do NOT expire and CAN BE SHARED!!. Husbands and wives get a package BECAUSE they can share it. Calendar updates: would like to be able to drag and drop appointments vs open, edit and "book/save" Checkout: Ability to charge a client for anything, TIP, service, package etc Checkout for packages, after selecting package the software forces user to select package AGAIN from a second screen, then AGAIN from a third screen, 4th scre

magnena from M studio hair salon

Over all the company has been great for my business. I recommend to any salon wishing to grow.

Professional presence to new customers, a way to notify customers of appoints and huge variety of reports for taxes and clients review.

Pros

I like the inventory reports and most reports they offer to you to examine your business profile. I love the marketing features,

Cons

The one thing they have not changed is the ability to customize more than 1 processing time per section with a client assigned to the same stylist. They have the notification setup not for solo salons but for clients that have to see multiple specialist in one section. Im a solo salon I do everything myself. So I don't split the service by doing the relaxer color and sending the client to different stylist to roller set the hair and sit them under the dryer. So I hate there is no consideration for this kind of customer. I have to create two separate appointment which means the clients get two or 3 separate time notifications. So the client is confused. We note them as a no show not knowing they thought there was an error and show up later scheduled time for the roller set portion at 3:00 instead of 12:00 for the actual start of the service. I now use the personal time off option to avoid 2 notification. But if the client cancels their actual starting appointment online the blocked time I made to roller set the hair remain on the schedule because its really not Linked to the actual appointment. Im patient that if others are open about this same concern it will be changed.

Katy from Bent Salon

Great software!!!

This software is what makes my business operate smoothly on a day to day basis. I'm very grateful to have it and don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

This is such a user friendly software from the salon side and the customer side! My main attraction to this software was the ease of online booking and the ability to have multiple merchant accounts for independent contractors.

Cons

I wish that the purchase order function was a little more customizable. It won't create a purchase order that doesn't fit that parameters of product minimums. I wish that I could manually add things to the generated order.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Katy, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

MICHAEL from STEINER HAIR SALON

LOVE IT" EFFICIENT, ESTICALLY PLEASING & EASY TO LEARN

IT's a God send, i tried a few others and just simply was a waste of time and money. The other stylists love it also, even the one who always says she's technology challenged , found it very easy to learn. & the customers who are using the APP or going to www.vagaro.com are singing its praises also, "so much easier to check their schedule & mine at the same time whenever its convenient for them & more efficient than calling the salon.

Pros

pricing is very fair for what you get. VaGARO packs a powerful punch in every aspect of running a business, as well for stylist or chair renters. ...Customer love the confirmation notices and as a result more customers are pre-booking(especially guys) who used to be notorious calling last second. & educational videos on how to use vagaro & customer service are both excellent. They are always making improvements. It is certainly paying for itself.

Cons

it could be my tablets,phone or me, but sometimes searching for a client can get a little tricky. for instance , if i search for a customer and start with a lowercase letter but originally inputted with a capital letter, their name sometimes wont show up on 1st search but always on the second, its minor issue and it could just be me or tablets. BUT It is the only glitch iv'e ever had with vagaro.

Cortney from Studio C INC

VAGARO IS The Bomb Dot Com!!!

over Elated with Vagaro since 2012! its like a fine wine, it simply gets better and better with TIME! Thank You Vagaro for All You Do! Studio C Inc Cortney P Patton& The Teamj

Pros

the viusal design for left brain people in the world! i love the reports are listed up and down!

Cons

I do NOT like the pop ups each time- but I get it! nor do we LIKE the screen going both left to right and top to bottom, It is hard if you are a visual learner! i also know that there is a more simple way to add inventory for both salon use * back bar and retail. I have never had one assistant enter the new inventory properly until this year! 10+ years - the back bar and inventory system should be more user-friendly!!!

Tina from second life salon

Simple and Easy

I am completely satisfied, no complaints.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of using this app keeps my business running on a daily basis. To adding appointments on the go, to processing checkouts, to running daily reports, tracking appointment history, the breakdown of services sold yesterday or last year shows me the growth and ways to improve or change ways to expand my business. I could not imagine running my business without this app, I'm adding service offered through this app as my business continues to grow and I'm grateful all these services( credit card processing, website builder, just to name a few) are offered in this one easy simple app.

Cons

If I could change one thing about this software, it would be An option book an appointment through the clients name not just the calendar/scheduler

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The other services offered as my business continues to grow.

Response from Vagaro

Replied May 2020

Hi Tina, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Lety from MySelfMindand Body

Great Software

I am very happy with my experience I feel it has exceeding my expectations and helps make running a business a little easier. The Customer service is always very helpful and quick and I like to learning tutorials.

Pros

I think this is a great value with a lot of options I like that are included. My favorite is the text appointment reminders, being a sole provider its like having a receptionist not having to remind clients of their appointments. My clients like the fact that they can schedule their own appointments if they want and I love that I can easily reschedule or make appointment from the app on my phone at anytime.

Cons

I use them to host my website as well since its an easy integration and I feel it make me look more professional, I wish it was more customizable. I also wish it would integrate with Square since I really like using Square and many of my clients are familiar with it and feel safe using it.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

automated appointment reminders, customers being able to schedule themselves, email services, PRICE

Carol from Inspired Style

Industry: Cosmetics

Great Value and easy to use

I have never had an issue using the Vagaro for my salon based needs. I love the app for my phone as well the online booking option for my clients. It makes it very easy to run my business from both the salon and my home. It does take some thought and time to get everything set up they way I wanted it, but once I got it set up, it worked flawlessly for my needs.

Pros

The software was easy to set up and customize. You can use it as your front desk software for appointment booking, sending appointment reminders, sales, custom marketing, and customer files. It is very easy to customize it to fit whatever kind of business you have. I also love the android app for my phone, to kep track of my schedule while I am away from my business. I also love that my clients can use the online app to schedule their own appointments, based on parameters that I set up myself.

Cons

The Vagaro credit card system sometimes has issues based on the emails I receive. I personally don't use that system at the moment though.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I had used Vagaro at another salon that I worked at. Both myself and my clients loved how easy it was to use.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Carol, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Brent from PRIDE Muscle Activation

Muscle Activation Techniques® & Vagaro

Vagaro is an all in one solution to the style of Service Business that I own & opperate.

Pros

The software does everything I need it to do from Scheduling to Credit Card Transactions. It make it easy to run monthly reports. Setup Marketing Campaigns and create custom forms to track client progress between sessions.

Cons

My initial Assessment Form per client is pretty exhaustive. At times if I don't save each time I put down the iPad the form will timeout and I lose all the data...Now I just save each time I place the iPad on the desk and I haven't had any issues.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

It was a simple solution to the needs of my business. It's also very affordable.

Response from Vagaro

Replied February 2020

Hi Brent, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Kanoya from Noya Hair Care

As the owner for my Business Vagaro has a few things to improve of like being USER FRIENDLY.

The ease of clients scheduling their own appointments at their convenience. And the ability for them to see when I am available for the service they would like.

Pros

Being the owner Everything I need it for is there. I can cut down on no call no shows by having clients enter their CC info, and it bonus out by letting me be CASH FREE. I am able to do inventory and charge for services. *** I would love if there was a way for walk ins to just purchase product with out being on the actual schedule/calendar. I had to add an add on for product purchase then go in and add prices for the product and add it in to their service in order to charge. I fell like that's an extra step that don't need to happen. If someone come in off the street rather client or not I should have a option to just charge them for product instead of booking them then charging for the product. other than that I love the product and what it offers. I have not went into customizing my site just yet so I cant comment on that. just yet. I have IT experience so its easy for me but I'm noticing clients especially older ones have trouble locating functions like posting for reviews or booking services if there is only one service tech. not sure why but that's has been my feed back.

Cons

not easy for clients to leave a review.... Once they receive a Receipt. I feel they should get an option to leave a review after each service by the click of a button from their text and or email. I have not found a option that allows me to count how many ACTIVE clients I have on my roster.

Andrew from Beata Aesthetics

Great quality for the price, but no software is perfect

So far, I'm pretty impressed with everything. I hope they work a little faster to implement more advanced features.

Pros

The price point is unbeatable. Vagaro is very user friendly and is very easy to set up. Teaching the team to use it is also much easier than other software. Integration with other programs is available and again easy to set up. The email blast capability is much more robust than other cloud based software like it. They also helped provide some COVID-19 relief to small businesses which was very generous.

Cons

Customer service is slightly lacking. Not everyone there is trained the same and we were promised some things that apparently didn't come as part of the service and were made to be up charged for many things that we didn't know about. The available reports are lacking and some functionality is limited.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

The price point and what was promised.

Audrey from Salon Mimosa

Vagaro Software

I love how Vagaro is constantly improving and updating services.

Pros

Not being technically savvy I really like the ease of using this software. It is easy to use and if you have questions, the walk through is super easy and customer service it easy to deal with.

Cons

I don't like how customers can set up numerous accounts and then I have to call Vagaro to merge the customers profile. It is also frustrating when a client has another profile with another company using this software and you go to try to enter their email and you can't unless you call Vagaro to over ride it.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

It was the best value and options for what we needed

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hello Audrey, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Yasmira from hair by yazz

great

great

Pros

Vagaro has help me to get my business in order I love it

Cons

create email marketing, create a easy menu for my clients to do their own appointments on line

I had used it before

Princess from Princess 4 A Day Salon & Spa

Love that they keep the system updated regularly. Customer service is great as well. They follow up and make sure you understand and have solved any issues you may have.

Pros

The ease of use for my clients and for me as well. I like that I made a suggestion to add a feature to make it better, it was taken into consideration and implemented. I love the forecast feature. It allows me to see what my day and week looks like and make provisions. Great product.

Cons

In the beginning it lacked some of the features I'd left behind with another software. Vagaro later added after I suggested the upgrade.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Refeerences on Vagaro's software.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hi Princess, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

September 2016

Ilisa from Elite Lasers Inc.

New Updated Look!

I like how when you are going to update your program you tell us in advance. This helps a lot!!! I like the new updated display it is more user friendly. Our customers love the email reminders!!! It feels as if we can stay in contact with our customers better even when we do schedule so far in advance too!

Pros

Easy to use. Customers love the Text Messages and Email reminders. Love the color coded options to find things better and to label things better. The multi use of interchangeable of different business. Always there in a chat form when I need help!

Cons

Have to go to 2 or 3 different areas to load up, which takes time, and then eventually see what I need.

Mike from MD Vaudrin Esthetics

Vagaro Simplifies your Business

Vagaro is not just an online scheduling system. They have a complete POS system, that you can use for employee management, inventory management, website builder and support, gift cards, loyalty programs and I'm sure a lot more but, that's just for starters. Oh and they have a 30 day trial period. Try it, its free!

Pros

I like Vagaro because when I first started using the system it was easy transition. It was so much better then my previous system. It was very easy to migrate existing clients to Vagaro. My clients are the ones that really benefit from it and are able to listen to my voice mail instructions, directing them to the online booking. No more answering the phone and having a receptionist or myself book directly. It allows the client to book 24/7 and see all of my services and all the time slots that are available and that will work with their schedule as well. During business hours Vagaro has "live-insta-chat" and a person will help you with any questions you may have. They have phone support but, it's so much easier use the "live-insta-chat." Great customer service!

Cons

Overall I have no Cons. Everything seems to work very well for me. I love Vagaro! Also, if it's just you or a team they have very affordable monthly fees.

Jessi from Salon Twelve:Seven

Mostly Great!

Since the COVID crisis, I have pivoted my beauty business & taken it online to life coaching, and Vagaro has made that transition super easy by adding the Zoom integration! I'm super thankful to have that option.

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive, and for anything that is not obvious, there is a tutorial. I like that there are many integration options with other software, and I LOVE that they've stepped up and given independent beauty professionals free service during the COVID-19 crisis when most of us are without income.

Cons

The software has crashed on numerous occasions since I started using it, which has prevented me from checking out and/or rescheduling guests. It makes me wonder if the company hasn't grown too quickly for their server capabilities to keep up. In other words, I hope that they choose to add more server space to accommodate a growing business!

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave Vagaro good ratings on her software guide.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hello Jessi, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and our Support Team is happy to help you any time you have questions. Thank you!

William from Optimal Wellness & Cryospa

Best for small operations

great customer support. Easy to use. Will use Vagaro for additional stores.

Pros

ease of use: employees pick it up straightaway. Easy for me to run and export reports.

Cons

Wish it would import directly from Quickbooks online without having to go through excel export app

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

fit our business nicely, no extras we didn't need.

Fernando from All Ways Fitness

Great Software

It is easy to manage clients date base. It's easy to export clients​ information. Making marketing campaigns​ and overall I am please with the service.

Pros

I like a lot their customer service. Always ready to help out. It took me a while to get familiar with the app. But over time​ and after a lot of phone calls to their support team. I am enjoying more and more.

Cons

In the beginning, it was a bit confusing to use the software. I was coming from using Mind-Body software which from the very first time it was easy to use. Vagaro doesn't really make it so easy to use. It has great features. But it is complicated and confusing to use. On​ one occasion​ I made a mistake to charge a client a different package​. In order to change the package,​ I needed to refund my client her money and charge her again for the correct package. It seems like it was to much​ work, so I had to leave the ​package as is.

Fern from Faces by Fern

Great Business Managment Software

I moved my business to Vagaro in February, 2019 and it was a good decision. It's simple to use and the customer service is excellent. I highly recommend!

Pros

I love the ease of use, the clean layout, the many features and the attentive and polite customer service.

Cons

There are some features which I am waiting for: a dynamic website (I have my website pointed to Vagaro, but it's limited)-this is the most important feature I need.

Response from Vagaro

Replied April 2020

Hello Fern, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

NinaMarie from Salon Sei Bella II @ Fedora Lounge

August 2016

Easiest app and software for running your own business

I stumbled upon vagaro when looking for an affordable software system for my small salon business. I was previously using a system that wasn't very mobile friendly and after doing some research this system/app was highly recommended. Very happy with its services.

Pros

This software is pretty simple to set up and use. It has a very mobile friendly app to help you do your work and scheduling on the go along with a "widget" for android users.

Cons

The only con I have found with this app is that, when using it to schedule chemical hair services with a follow-up service after (ie. color and cut) if you input a gap into the service settings it shows that you are unavailable during the processing time. If you don't, when scheduling multiple appointments for the next appointment it will put the haircut directly after the color which you then have to go in and physical edit. And then when doing that, you have to make sure to deactivate the "notify client" button so that the client doesn't get the editted info or else they get all confused.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,227 reviews