• Pros

• "The system is excellent for traffic of jobs. The alerts are great for designers and team. "

• "I have enjoyed the ability to keep track of all of our projects. I like that we can save files in it and that submitters can provide quick and simple instructions."

• "The product helps us organize our design projects clearly and efficiently! It is easy and logical to use from both the job submitter side and the designer side."

• Cons

• "They have so many great ideas but not all of them can be implemented at once."

• "It takes a bit of time to set this up correctly but we've NEVER had an issue with the inMotion team EVER delaying support or assistance. "

• "The only thing I don't like is that tasks and projects cannot be viewed under a single page. Also, it would be great if the search had more advance features to be able to find projects more easily. "

Browse inMotion ignite Reviews

inMotion!

Pros

Being a designer the reviewing process is a big part of my job. With inMotion coworkers are able to submit requests, give a brief statement of what they're looking for and attach files that are relevant. Once my draft is done I upload and send out to my review team, where they then make notes directly on my files and tell me what should be changed. You can upload different versions of the same drafts making it super convenient.

Cons

During the review process it's a little difficult if you have questions you need answers too or want to explain anything to your reviewers. As the draft owner you can make comments on your own pieces unless someone tags you in a comment. I would love to be able to chat back and worth with my coworkers about certain elements. And sometimes knowing when a project has been approved slips through the cracks.

Amy from Continental

inMotion ignite is a great choice for any creative team

Before we started inMotion, our our creative assets were kept on a shared drive that many people had access to. We also used Basecamp as a means of project management. Both of those options led to people poking around and downloading whatever they wanted without us knowing about it. This would lead to people using imagery that wasn't editted or approved. Now with inMotion, they have to request what they want and let us know what they are using it for. This way, we can get them the correct asset for their needs.

Pros

My favorite feature are the route templates. You can customize as many as you need. We use them for all sorts of approvals. You can send off a review to multiple people in multiple approvals tiers with just one click. The proofing environment is excellent - Everyone's comments live in one place. You can bring anyone with an inMotion account into the conversation. We've found it is way better than emailing feedback and versions. The proofing environment allows you to view versions and comments side-by-side so you can make sure all the changes were made.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to bulk-assign members to tasks. For example if there is a project with 40 tasks in it, you have to click on the member 40 separate times to assign it to them. Same with due dates - if you do not use "start dates" you cannot bulk-assign due dates.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We wanted a secure platform where anyone from our employees, our partners, or our dealers could submit requests. We wanted to have a streamline approval process and the ability to track everything in one place.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied December 2020

We're thrilled over how valuable route templates and proofing have become to your team! Thanks for sharing how big of an impact they've made to your team's workflow. We appreciate your suggestions on bulk actions and will keep working towards feature improvements!

Robin from Franklin Energy

Industry: Utilities

Ignite Your Creativity

Myself as well as my entire team uses inMotion/Ignite to manage their work, their projects, and submit proofs for review. We're able to add/customize proofing routes to include any essential or optional reviewers and add clients by using their email addresses. Ignite has been a great asset to our company and team.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion/Ignite is having the ability to post art proofs to anyone and gather their reviews, comments, approvals online from anywhere. This is critical especially now during a pandemic to be able to continue working and proofing in real-time. We use Ignite to assign and track projects and to generate reports of how we're all doing as well as the # of projects to-do and completed.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Ignite (and I've heard this complaint from a number of sales reps) is not being able to review a proof using a cell phone. An error message pops up asking the user to open Ignite to proof a file from a laptop or desktop. This is not always possible. Our sales team could be at home or somewhere without access to a computer which makes this difficult. I've sat in a doctor's office before and needed to proof a project quickly but wasn't able to. We're hoping this will be a feature in the near future for Ignite.

Heather from Alcon Laboratories, Inc

Industry: Medical Devices

Working Out the Kinks

We seem to be a bit more organized in that most all information has a spot in IMN. I also like the project templates for the most part.

Pros

I like that our every day customer can track the progress of their project. I also love the reporting feature as that didn't exist in our last database.

Cons

For our purposes and time savings, I prefer more customization. We almost require a database specific to our company as we manage print for our customers as well. It's hard to do so in IMN from what we have experienced. We also deal with large files that IMN cannot handle.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We wanted a database our clients could access

Brant from Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage

The Right Tool for a Marketing & Creative Services Team

We have jumped light years ahead of the excel spreadsheet we previously used to track projects, we no longer used word documents or emails for creative briefs and we no longer route creative work for review and comment via email, print outs in meetings or stopping in to someone's office with a print out for review. inmotion tracks our work and associated deadlines allows for extremely efficient and collaborative reviews that have improved our over-all communication and quality of work as a marketing team.

Pros

Our department of about 30 people includes our entire marketing team (across all the typical channels) as well as a creative group of 7 people. inmotion has dramatically streamlined our over-all workflow as it relates to creative work (from concept to file delivery) and we have seen dramatic improvements in the speed and accuracy of work flowing through our promotional pipeline of assets. Work moves through so much more quickly and is reviewed by all stakeholders thus reducing the error rate and allowing us to collaborate and continually improve our messaging to customers as well as monitor ensure consistent messaging as it relates to our brand and core values. Bonus: as this is a hosted software solution it has allowed us to create campaigns, review and approve work from virtually anywhere.....critical as of March 2020 (COVID) and we suspect going forward.

Cons

As with most softwares, there is no one solution or platform that does EVERYTHING. Rather than talk about what inmotion does not do, I would recommend that you as the user/customer spend time researching and reviewing several products, narrow the field, and then take the time to reach out to 2-3 companies and have them each do a demonstrations for you AND your team. This proved invaluable to ensure the product we chose was the best over-all solution for our needs and allowed all users to have a stake and input.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

The primary differentiator with inmotion is that is has been developed and structured specifically for marketing and creative teams. It combines a well designed project management software ALONG WITH a robust and extremely well designed creative review tool.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied January 2021

Thank you for the wonderful review - it sounds like your teams have been a perfect fit for inMotion ignite! We're thrilled to hear how the platform not only met your existing needs but also improved your team's entire workflow from start to finish. We're excited to continue evolving the ways marketing and creative teams can manage the ever-growing demands for quality content!

Mark from Community Transit

A Great Creative Partner

Our overall experience has been outstanding. Their customer service has been top notch. They are very attentive to their client’s needs and are quick to respond to questions and concerns. They listen to feedback and have done an excellent job addressing user needs. Many of the features and updates we’ve requested have made their way to through development to platform or are currently in the works. They've truly been a great partner through and through.

Pros

I love the flexibility and customization features this platform offers. There are many different ways to build, structure and manage your projects. It caters to many work styles and processes.

Cons

The only downside is the need to submit a service ticket when adding or changing request forms. Having more autonomy over this feature has been requested. I also know they're working on a form builder feature for end users, so this will likely be a moot point very soon.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We weren’t happy with the markup and review tool and the Workzone interface was too confusing to our stakeholders. Usage went up substantially when we switched to inMotion. It’s much easier to use and interact with.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied January 2021

Feedback like yours is exactly what we strive for! We're so happy that inMotion ignite's customization is giving your team the flexibility you need. And we are so excited to have officially launched our form builder and cannot wait to see how it improves your experience!

Michelle from CFS Brands

Industry: Plastics

If you don't have it, you need it.

Fabulous! It took us a good bit to implement the system and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was super patient and helpful. He helped me migrate users and projects from inMotion classic.Our IT department insisted on single sign on (SSO) close to our go live date and the support group helped us get SSO implemented. We had a very specific, very long form to submit a campaign or a project request. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the support team did an excellent job of implementing these forms with very minimal changes needed. I really couldn't have asked for a better user integration experience.

Pros

I am responsible for managing the projects in our department and making sure deadlines are met. Ignite makes it so easy to see all the details for each project or campaign. Here are some specific things I love. • Review each request and get more info if necessary before the design team sees it. • Upload new versions of file assets without having to delete the old one. • EVERYTHING in one place. No more tracking down an email for a piece of project information. Our team is missing fewer and fewer deadlines now that our projects are organized. • Proof is EASY and the team can see if/when a reviewer views a proof. Tiers make it super easy for your proof to automatically flow through a large group of reviewers. • I can create a HUGE campaign with lots of pieces and deadlines and still keep it very organized with groups, projects and tasks. • Stakeholders have found it very easy to use to request and review projects.

Cons

Sometimes the system lags, so when I change something it takes bit to refresh. Cost is the only other thing I can think of.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

Ease of use. Support system Familiarity with other inMotion products.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We needed something more robust than our existing system. It was a logical transition to move from inMotion classic to ignite.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied October 2020

We love hearing how well ignite is working for your team's projects! Organizing everything in one place is so critical to successful collaboration - we're glad your team is really feeling that benefit. We'll definitely continue improving our system's speed and sync time to prevent those pesky lags. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Daniel from AM Conservation Group, Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

A step up from regular inmotion

I've been having a positive experience with inMotion ignite. It has worked well for our team that grew a lot this past year.

Pros

I like that you can set up tiers for your reviews. It doesn't go to the next tier until everyone under the first one has approved your work. Very easy to turn a project into a proof and I like that it's one page. to get to your proof on regular Inmotion you would have to go through like 7 different pages.

Cons

The old inmotion listed projects and segregated them with alternating colors behind them so it was easy to distinguish between your differrent projects, also had thumbnail images of the projects so it was easy to locate. ignite just has a giant list and when your comapny uses ID numbers you just get a list of 12 digit numbers and it's very chaotic. Too many emails, which can be switched off, but the default shouldn't be to send me an email for everything.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

I think ignite just has more capabilities for our team.

Angel from Sagitec Solutions

inMotion Review

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks. I use it for project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

Cons

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Joshua from ReminderMedia

Good resource, poor UI.

The app works well for checking the status of proofs. However, actually reviewing anything can be a frustrating experience. The UI is difficult to navigate on both mobile and tablet. There are also bugs with saving comments. I have spent time entering a number of comments on a page, only for the app to give me an error when attempting to save the status. There will be times when the app will not let me open a proof, regardless of the file type. It is also only for Reviews. There is no additional project management options, like creating a project, assigning tasks, or checking off your own tasks. Being able to do this would be a huge benefit for managing projects when out of the office.

Pros

» Shows status of proofs » Allows for comments and approval status

Cons

» Commenting on proofs is buggy (won't save comments on occasion) » Frustrating user interface » Can't manage projects beyond reviewing proofs » Highlighting words on app doesn't work like desktop (selects characters vs. words)

Response from inMotionNow

Replied December 2015

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We rely on your honest feedback to continually make inMotion better, no matter how critical the feedback. Our product team is actively looking into the issues you experienced to ensure they don't happen again. We are also currently hard at work on re-building the Review and Approval portion of inMotion. It's a complete makeover and will incorporate years of feedback gathered from our customers. We're confident these updates will address many of the usability challenges you're having, in addition to making the already powerful features even better. Our mobile applications focus only on Review & Approval functionality, not Project Management, as a result of direct customer feedback. However, the new re-build will also bring major updates to our iOS and Android apps. Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.

Sarah from AAPL

Industry: Oil & Energy

inMotion ignite named Employee of the Month

I'll just say this — we joined ignite in February 2020 (not a moment too soon as lock down soon followed in early March), and in June I received a 5% raise recognizing my leadership in proposing and adopting this new workflow software. This software is a magnificent feather in my professional cap.

Pros

Ignite essentially serves as another team member for our creative department. Using ignite has streamlined our creative process and eliminated ~5 hours a week spent on administrative tasks to keep production moving, and the extensive automation options are incredibly helpful; for example, Ignite sends reminders for approaching deadlines so I don't have to poke/annoy my team. The seamlessness is invaluable. All communication is housed in one place — not spread across emails and hallway conversations and messaging apps — and all pertinent parties are clued in to relevant conversations. Proofing routes allow me to see where we are in a cycle to keep progress on track. Circulating proofs used to be the bane of my professional existence, but the proofing module is so simple and efficient to use that now getting proofs out is a breeze; the time it takes to get a proof completed is nearly half of what it was when we were circulating hard proofs, and — this is no joke — I've had team members say that they *enjoyed* using the software and look forward to their next proofing assignments. I also really enjoy the organization options with work tiers. It's so easy to keep track of the who, what and whens of 20-plus projects all going on at the same time. Finally, the customer service is tops. Our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a true pro — knowledgable, friendly, reliable, focused. It's so obvious that ignite prioritizes making sure their customers are 100% satisfied with the product. Obviously, we are!

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the software because there are so many incredible features available to improve your workflow. I assumed I would become an expert in a few days of playing around in the platform, but it took me a bit longer because of how robust it is. Not really a con; more of a tip to be prepared to spend some time learning the software. You can tailor the organization to best fit you, so it may take some troubleshooting to find out exactly how to utilize the software for maximum benefit.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We needed a more intuitive, robust workflow platform that could essentially serve as another team member.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied August 2020

Thank you so much for these wonderful words, Sarah! We are thrilled to hear how much value your team is seeing with ignite and appreciate your feedback. Ensuring our customers know the ins and outs of ignite's features is essential, so we'll keep expanding our customer onboarding and education resources. (P.S. Thank you for the honorary Employee of the Month nomination! We love being part of the team.)

Zach from Streck

Industry: Biotechnology

A complete and comprehensive solution for our department and company

My overall experience with inMotion has been fantastic. It is a great program with a great team developing it and a great team of people managing the success of their customers.

Pros

One of the many great things about inMotion is how comprehensive of a solution it is. When I looked at products to manage requests, manage work and approve marketing work not just within my own team but have approvals from other departments inMotion was the only solution that did it all in a way that made it easy for everyone involved in a project. The ease of use makes anyone jumping in able to find their way around the program easily. They are constantly improving it and seeking user suggestions and feedback which contributes to how they continue to get it right and continue to improve the program.

Cons

I can't provide any criticism or even constructive criticism of the program. I speak to members of the product development team occasionally and I know that many of the features I would to be in the program are being developed so it's only a matter of time before they have included all the features I would like to see added.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied December 2020

Wow! We love hearing how compatible inMotion has been with your team's workflow. We're excited about upcoming features and can't wait to share them. Thanks for your kind review!

Brittany from Financial Institution

Great product, great company

Our team was trying to solve limiting our services to members of the organization that understand the strategic goals of our company. We also needed enhanced reporting to not only be able to track our work, but also see areas for efficiency enhancements. The platform eliminates both of those pain points and so much more. We love having all of our communications and marketing files in one place. This provides ease of transferring jobs between team members and transparency to our stakeholders.

Pros

What I like most about inMotion is the platform is constantly being optimized based on user feedback. The inMotion team has new feature discovery calls to see what their customers want out of the platform and implement quickly.

Cons

They have so many great ideas but not all of them can be implemented at once.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

Needed a platform made for Creative teams

Angela from NYSERDA

Classic to Ignite

InMotion ignite is a big improvement from classic and is easy to use. Customer service has been excellent and are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the software.

Pros

Software is user friendly and continues to improve with regular updates. The proofing has been particularly useful on marketing and web reviews. Feeback with users has improved from InMotion Classic.

Cons

With a number of customized fields tend to have to duplicate work entering information in multiple different screens.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

cost, easy of setup, usability

June 2016

June 2016

Great creative project management tool!

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion). I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

Pros

Ease of Use Great (fun and passionate) team built for marketing and creative teams

Cons

Missing some of the more complex PM features (we didn't need or want them)

Valerie from A-ROO Company

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Happy Creative Department

When we found InMotion, as a Department, we were very excited to dive into it and use. The sales staff on the other hand, being very set in their old ways of paper proofs, weren't too excited to switch. That is until they got into it - they are all now using InMotion and have been very happy with the program. I know that I can always count on your outstanding customer service for any new idea that may come up, for advice on how to streamline something better, or to trouble shoot and fix any obstacles we may have gotten into. Not to name names, (I'm going to anyway) but Dylan Boan has been awesome to work with and has always had exceptional response time and answers to my questions and fixes to problems. It's been a pleasure to work with him! We are very happy with InMotion overall and look forward to utilizing the new review environment and seeing what is in store for 2017.

Pros

Ease of use, interface, and organization filters.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I don't like.

Efficiencies and productivity

We love this product and it has made us so much more productive. We are still working out the kinks and learning how best to train our clients on the use of the product but we have come lightyears from where we were in just a few short months. There are some pretty significant issues that the company seems really open to fix in the future. The fact that we have interns and there aren't easy ways to have intern seats that don't cost the same as a full-time professional seat is unfortunate.

Pros

I love most the proofing functions of this software. Having all of the edits, comments and changes in one place is wonderful.

Cons

I wish we had implemented a workflow instead of making it up as we go. I also wish that the program could receive requests in the same format as our manual entry projects. The fact that we can only deliver final files to projects that originated through a request but not to things that we input manually (like during a consulting meeting) makes it hard to create a consistent workflow. I have a hard time keeping track of the production, delivery etc. once the project is apporved for press.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

Cost was a huge factor for us. Plus the customer service is really great.

Karla from AIM

Great platform for our team

We have grown tremendously as a team with the help and support of inMotion ignite. It allows us to continue our work with the highest quality due to the number of tools and features the platform offers.

Pros

I use this product daily as I'm one of the administrators who assigns projects to our team. I love how robust it is. It enables us to keep our projects organized and improve the work flow between developers and requestors. Some of the features I like the most are the multiple views and the proofs/reviews dashboard.

Vanessa from Old National Bank

Organization made easy

Overall, InMotion has helped us have a big picture view for our department . The team appreciates being able to go to one place to determine what they need to do and where proofs stand at any given moment.

Pros

This software is easy to use with the ability to manage projects from start to finish. Stakeholders can submit requests, users can keep track of their tasks and all proofing is housed in the system. And every step is recorded for ease in reviewing history.

Cons

There are some administrative tasks that are still a bit clunky. However, the developers are always looking at upgrades and open to suggestions.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

The UI was more visual and intuitive.

Product was discontinued

Madeline from Newell Brands

So far so good with Ignite!

Ignite is helping us automate and speed up our project intake process. The ease of building templates, adding and deleting and assigning tasks has really helped my team stay on top of what needs to be done. In addition, Custom Views helps A TON with prioritizing tasks and projects.

Pros

We have only recently transitioned from InMotion Classic to Ignite and all of the added features, ease of building out tasks, tagging projects, campaign forms, and so many other things are my favorite new features.

Cons

Still working out the kinks with getting to know a new software, but nothing too serious stands out. The one thing my team used in Classic that isn't in Ignite is the markup capabilities of rejecting a request.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

When my team took over the project management process, we knew we had to change the chosen software. It was clunky and not nearly as easy to use.

Wanda from Warren Oil Company

Industry: Oil & Energy

inMotion ignite

Once we became familiar with the process and what we can do, it has been a great tracking tool to quickly see the status. Either by looking back in the reviews ourselves or viewing reports make available to clients. The customer service and technical support have been very helpful at resolving issues, guiding us through any snags and updates are always improving the functionality. We have had specific needs that were addressed and handled in a timely manner.

Pros

Being able to categorize the project in a way that was familiar. The mark up tools and notes related work well. Can download your files for your records if needed. All work can stay in inMotion with history.

Cons

Once you have APPROVED AS IS, there is no changing you mind. This has caused additional versions in order to complete the project.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

It appeared to contain the elements we needed to process projects to completion at a fraction of the cost. It looked to cover our needs and it has done so.

Lindsay from Fort Lewis College

Great product for project managing design work

We are able to more efficiently gather project requests, track projects, proof files, and see each others' work.

Pros

We haven't ever had a decent project management system, especially one designed for designers. IMN has allowed us to coordinate projects and reviews and increase efficiencies amazingly. The review system -- being able to keep everything in a single location and out of emails -- is probably my favorite feature. And i love that in a meeting with one of my staff, I can simply pull up the projects they're working on, their progress, and see any snags.

Cons

There are a few features that we've requested at a pretty detailed level. An app was just released to review proofs, but not to use the other features - mobile access will make this so much better. The software runs rather slowly for a cloud-based one, takes forever for each page to load. Sometimes the detail is cumbersome -- did we leave comments at the campaign, project, task, or proof level for this part?.

Reasons for Choosing inMotion ignite

Had the features we wanted and were able to come to a contractual agreement.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

Planner was not detailed enough, was super buggy, and didn't have any proofing capabilities.

Michelle from Westgate/Advertising & Marketing

InMotion

I like it and a few of the things I would like to see. Archives living in a file you are able to review and see all work Designers wish they could understand the priority of work load, they are challenged and miss deliverable. Daily reporting that is sent to stakeholders in one email of here is your daily status where things are sitting.

Pros

Cons

It's challenging to look at full scope of work without opening every job up and searching for where it is sitting. Opening creative can take longer then we like. the opening of jobs on our scale of a department is not easy and time consuming.

Reasons for Switching to inMotion ignite

We felt inmotion would improve the traffic flow. which it has but emails increased and team needs to do a little more digging on jobs to understand where they are.

James from University Credit Union

inMotion Review

I have enjoyed ignite a lot. It feels like the product we initially were hoping for. It's organizations and communication is great.

Pros

Cons

I know it's an outdated browser but it would make life easier for us if users could use Internet Explorer. I also wish that there was a way to adjust the queue of projects instead of simply by due date.

Markell from Centrifuge Media, Inc.

InMotion keeps us on-task and provides a centralized location for all job needs

InMotion provides excellent support for its software and makes it painless to set-up, train users, launch, and keep using. In only one year of use, it's been critical in managing our work flow, increasing the accuracy of our quotes, and ensuring that our team profitable.

Pros

It's easy to use from the start and continues to become more relevant as you set up templates and continue to refine your processes.

Cons

It lacks the ability to track financials in a way that's meaningful.

InMotion Review

Overall, InMotion is a good tool for organizing and tracking internal and external production and special events. Once you get past the learning curve, and all team members have excelled at utilizing the program, it should fit all your needs perfectly.

Pros

What I like most about InMotion is that it provides a way for up-to-date tracking on internal production, and allows me to send out tasks to my team members and proofs to my clients all in one singular program.

Cons

What I do not like about InMotion is the setup of the user interface. At first glance, it looks like any other tracking and organization software. It looks like a combination of Salesforce and ShowManager. However, for the average user, if you have not had any training on event management or production management software before, seeing that many panels with small, unlabeled buttons can be a bit overwhelming. Other programs will have drop down menus or columns with all it's pre-filtered lists labeled for you. InMotion does not have that feature at first glance.

April from Cedars-Sinai

Amazing collaboration!

Pros

I love the ease of tagging colleagues in projects and the ability to @mention someone for immediate feedback!

Leo from NW

Useful Project Management Tool

Pros

The best part of using Ignite is the ability to create custom views. This is super helpful for a project manager to filter and sort high level project status information.

Cons

Not being able to easily print project briefs and custom views.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied October 2020

Awesome! Custom views are extremely versatile - so great to hear how they've been helpful in your role. Also, an exciting product update - you can now easily export your project briefs (requests) now to make printing simple!

Jenny from Rauxa

I used InMotion while working with a client to share work and feedback on various projects.

Pros

I like that InMotion allowed us to see the client's feedback right within the interface, and comment back and forth to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Cons

The software seemed like it could have been simplified - some parts of the interface were not very intuitive and required a lot of extra steps. The interface also felt a bit old, but there may be a newer version that we just weren't using.

December 2014

Heather from The Bidvest Group

December 2014

Workflow

I was introduced to this company at a design conference. Focused on solutions for creative and marketing teams. Web based application only. Helps creative teams get better at receiving inbound requests for work they ne d created. Neat proofing and review tools in browser and on iPad (slick tool) and Android (didn't try). Automates project steps around tasks and milestones. Reason to use - claims to speed up time to market by more than 50% by better managing intake, work steps and approvals. Supports content development for print, web, video. Enterprise ready. 10+ years in business. Pros: this is a tool that can be used with very little experience as found it intuitive. Segments the users based on specific roles - business teams needing work and creative teams doing work. Automates almost evry work step from tasks by templates to proof routing (review routing rules is most valued component). Adoption is fast for teams that make requests and review content. Cons: the project management tools are meant for fast turn projects. No issue tracking/bug tracking. Connects to external and cloud file storage like Dropbox, Sharefile, etc rather than hosting their own. This is a great tool for creative teams supporting fast moving companies responsible for lots of content types and serving lots of business units.

SABINA from MJH

InMotion is great when it works.

Overall, InMotion is a good project management tool but has some bugs here and there that need be worked out.

Pros

Easy to learn user interface and collaborate with other team members. Being able to see proofs of work and comment within the platform makes work between the graphic designers and myself much smoother. Also I like how you can automate certain job requests.

Cons

My biggest grip is InMotion does not successfully send my job requests to the other party sometimes. Or I will receive an automatic confirmation that it sent my job request but in actuality, it did not. Very confusing and can effect turnaround time.

Task Management at it's finest

Pros

As a production manager I work with a handful of designers, developers, and editors. InMotion has a simple, easy-to-use interface that allows me to identify which team member from which division should recieve my job request, allows easy attachement of files, and confirmation of reciept. Also it tells me the status of the project which is great!

Cons

What I dislike is sometimes the software would stop functioning randomly and there was no easy way to contact customer support. Maybe it's a bug but at times requests forms would be filled out and could not submit properly even after reloading the software.

Heather from USABlueBook

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

InMotion Ignite review

Pros

We produce hundreds of ads in a short period of time, and this software has helped tremendously to organize our workflow.

Cons

I miss the precise timer feature of the previous InMotion—we track the time that our creative staff spends on tasks to estimate our workload and staffing needs, and now everyone is "best guessing" their time spent.

Ken from Francis Tuttle Technology Center

Project Management for Creative Crews

An excellent tool that helps us be more efficient and able to respond to our clients more rapidly

Pros

The system keeps projects moving forward - there is no doubt about what each user needs to do on a project and workflow is more efficient

Cons

It is a bit overwhelming to figure out - thankfully, our inMotionNow consultant walked us through the process

Briana from Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino

Routing Process is Great!

Pros

I love the routing process. It really helps with accountability from requests.

Cons

It does not work too well with the sheer quantity of jobs our office runs through everyday. It it much more suited to a smaller work load.

Kristie from VeriFacts Automotive

Simple to use and set up

Pros

The service has been very inexpensive for our email needs, there are even multiple platforms you can use. Each has different set up and functionality aspects.

Cons

Unless there was a setting somewhere I missed, it did not sync with my mobile device which is where I primarily check email. That creates quite the challenge when looking for sent emails or specific info. Sometimes I have to check my phone and desktop both to find what I am looking for

John from Cincinnati Bell

User-friendly time saver!

Pros

The implementation of the software was quick, painless and came with very straight forward training sessions that had our team up and running quicker than I expected. From sales to training and support, everyone was very responsive and helpful. I've used several other platforms and this is by far the most intuitive/easy to figure out -- and easiest to get others trained on and using.

Cons

Ability to copy/edit and save a new project request would be a welcome addition.

Peter from Broadcom

Industry: Semiconductors

Project management software that needs an update

Pros

It's got pretty much everything you need in a project management software, but it does so in a clunky way that is not user friendly.

Cons

The organization is complicated and not user friendly. We spent most of our time searching for things or trying to help others outside our department use this. I'm a professional designer used to managing projects in other ticket-based software, and this stumped me most of the time. Underlying architecture felt outdated as well.

Better options out there for creative project management

Pros

They were responsive about keeping us up to date with when features would be released and any time we needed help, but there was little about the product itself I liked.

Cons

It feels like a clunky platform with outdated UI and confusing workflows and task management. No one ever really felt like they could get a firm grasp on how to use it, despite the numerous instruction sessions we had, and all the features we needed were constantly "coming soon." Even now, googling the name inmotion doesn't even show this product, so if they can't basic SEO right, I'm afraid that's a good representation of the level of quality to expect.

October 2015

Tye from Melaleuca

October 2015

great customer service, lackluster interface

The user interface is Flash-based, which by itself is a huge negative, and the way the tools are designed and work clearly indicate the work of engineering-led thinking and not UI-expert thinking. The markup tools are rudimentary at best, though I hear some upgrades are coming. There are layers upon layers of menus with vague labeling. I understand this is a complex, configurable tool, but this product needs a thorough overhaul to break it out of its current antiquated approach to usability. On the plus side, the customer service team is super helpful in helping customize the tool for customer needs and helping users discover features buried by the poor interface design.

Response from inMotionNow

Replied February 2017

[response updated 17-Feb-2017] Tye, Thank you for the thoughtful comments. We rely on the honest feedback from our customers to continually make our product better. I'm happy to share that inMotion has a completely redesigned review environment. The new review environment incorporates years of feedback gathered from users just like you! It's built on HTML5 (no more Flash!) and utilizes Google's material design principles to ensure streamlined ease-of use. We're confident these updates can address many of the usability challenges you're having, to make the already powerful features of inMotion even better. If you're interested in migrating to the new review environment, we would be happy to get you started. In the meantime, we welcome all manner of feedback and thanks for taking the time to offer it. - inMotionNow Customer Success Team

Jaclyn from Taubman

A product to keep your company organized

As I mentioned, Ignite keeps us organized so that we don't miss deadlines. As a company with users across the country, it is a great central location to house and track all of our design projects.

Pros

Cons

I wish the mobile app allowed for more capabilities

December 2015

InMotion has changed our workplace

We use inMotion to receive client project requests, project management for a variety of projects and proofing. Couldn't be a better fit for us. It's the only software that lets us accomplish these things in one place while not requiring our IT department to manage the back end.

Pros

Easy to learn/use Huge amount of versatility and customization Customer support has been great Handles basically anything we throw at it

Cons

Occasionally proofs don't display properly (probably a transparency issue) Would like to be able to edit the review workflow at any time, not just the current tier Would like more options on setting the proof available reminder email (perhaps by project?)

Shana from Method Savvy

Really solid platform

My agency works closely with inMotionNow on several marketing campaigns, and we use this platform to move our creative projects along more quickly and efficiently. In using the platform for a few months, not only have we found that it saves our team a great deal of time by streamlining the creative review process, but it's also a great platform to collaborate with our clients as a team effort.

Pros

Easy to use interface. Ability to collaborate with several team members and clients in one place. Eliminates the hassle of updating multiple documents to reflect design and copy changes.

Cons

Sometimes the comments run off the page, but this is fixable by moving the comment box.

Marissa from UBM/Informa

Creative Development Communication Tool

Pros

inMotion was our internal creative development communication tool. We used it to communicate between the creative team on what we needed our signage and t-shirt designs to look like for our large events. It provide a clear status update and was very easy to use.

Cons

I didn't use inMotion long enough to find out what I liked least about the software.

Devon from USABlueBook

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Ignite

Pros

The dashboard is clean and customizable. I love the @ feature.

Cons

It would be nice if task due dates would automatically adjust based on completion of previous task.

Love this software!

Pros

Our marketing and design teams have different challenges that other project management software can't seem to support. inMotion's online proofing and projects requests works seamlessly with our project management needs.

Cons

Sometimes the online proofing can be less than streamlined - but not too troublesome to call it a true "con"

John from Account Temps

Industry: Graphic Design

In app markups are phenomenal

Pros

The image markup utility has been a game changer for our company’s review process. We have increase output through the expedited approval process two-fold.

Cons

The request forms and logic used on them is very basic. Advancement with this piece of the solution would truely enhance the end user experience.

Erica from Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc

inMotion Delivers

Using inMotion provides an easy way for our stakeholders to submit their requests. It makes scheduling projects quick and easy and ensures that they get done on time. The proofing workflow truly revolutionized how we were able to review creative throughout the company. While the reporting tools are not as robust as other similar software, inMotion really is cost effective and fits into our budget so it is easier to overlook. The best part is the customer support is top notch. The team responds quickly every time and really works hard to help resolve any issue. Plus they are beyond receptive to suggestions and recommendations for future updates.

inMotion for a beginner

I've only been using inMotion for a short time at a new gig I recently started at an inside creative agency for a large corporation. I've found it to be very easy to use. Setting up and routing project sthorugh review groups is very efficient and much easier than the old paper job jacket for every job.

Pros

Easy to navigate. Seamless review process. Setting up review groups makes it more efficient for everyone to know exactly where a project sit sin the review process.

Cons

A little clunky when you are just making a small simple edit. You have to log in and make the changes to the document on the screen and then submit. Sometimes it is easier to just hand write a quick edit on a comp and pass back to the studio. This is pretty minimal compared to the advantages.

A Ton of Work on the Front End that Will Only Help if you Already Have Solid Processes in Place

A great tool for creative departments that already have solidified processes and need to open review to multiple stakeholders.

Pros

Feedback from clients and internal teams on creative is much easier to be collaborative with in this tool, and opening access at certain times to certain stakeholders is really nice.

Cons

Uploads of large files (which, come on - we're always going to be working with) take forever. There's a LOT of work to be done on the front end for whomever ends up administrating this software and if you don't already have solid workflows in place, this probably won't help much.