(11,447)

(5,798)

5,798

(1,302)

1,302

• Pros

• "I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it is simple and easy to organize my thoughts and projects with this software!"

• "It's easy to use, it has a great user interface and its easy to use it even with no experience at all!"

• "I absolutely love how easy this platform is! All of my clients love to use this platform and the layout is extremely easy to use. "

• Cons

• "While the software works excellent on the desktop platform it is somewhat cumbersome to scroll over and view lists on a mobile platform."

• "The powerups are great, but sometimes are tricky to turn on and off (I.e. to integrate with other apps). "

• "Pode ser um pouco difícil de se adaptar, mas com o tempo se torna funciona na rotina."

Browse Trello Reviews

Maszni from Astro

Software to managing simple task and project

Our department really has a very good experience working with Trello and we think this is the best software to handling our daily repetitive task effectively.

Pros

Trello is the easiest and simplest project management software thus it is very suitable in managing a simple and basic project and task. The board card for the task can be labelled for its progress so i can track my task progress easily by visual. The ability to integrate it with other software like Google Drive help in sharing files in the software.

Cons

I don't really like the reminder as it constantly sending notifications to my email and it is very annoying and keeping my inbox full. Assigning task and project ownership is not as easy as it should be because when i am trying to tagging my colleague to the task, their name won't appear and need to use their nickname for their name to appear.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

There is not much can be do with Any.do and Trello offer a better feature for task managing.

Traci from The Frugal Work at Home Mom

Industry: Online Media

My number favorite organization tool ever

After not being very productive with my blog for a long time, because for me in order to be productive I need to be organized, Trello was the answer to my prayers. I have been so much more productive since implenting Trello. I can find things that I need quickly instead of wasting time finding or not finding what I need when I need it.

Pros

Trello is so customizable and has so many features. I have to admit I am a Trello board hoarder and I use different boards in different ways. I use it for personal use- my daily calendar, menu planning, kids school stuff, household management, household inventory, family medical records, and so much more. For my business, I use it to track all my content ideas, content calendar, affiliates, training, workflows, products, product ideas, and so much more. It is so customizable and easy to track where I am with things. If I have someone help me on a project it is easy to keep track of who is where so we don't have to keep checking in with the other person which frees up more time to get things done.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about it. The worst I could say about Trello I guess, and it is just a personal thing, I wish it would be easier to see/access cards that are lower. I can scroll down but I like to see everything on my screen at once. I don't know how they would fix this as I just have so many cards.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

It looked more visably appealing and easier to learn. The workflow looked easier for my brain to understand.

Jakob from Ragnar Relay Series

Simple but gets the job done

I am pleased with using Trello. Being able to track various projects and manage information individually. The free tier works well for almost everything, which is great for the average user, and a bummer for Trello's bottom line. If you are working with a team or need to share information with others, Asana is probably a better choice.

Pros

Base product of organizing information in to kanban boards works great. Trello is reliable, and rarely crashes. It is easy to get information in to different boards and track various states using the kanban approach to information.

Cons

Trello's simplicity is also a limiting factor. You need to start bolting on various power ups or 3rd party integrations to transform the application to a power user state. While some power ups work well, others are very buggy.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I use Trello primarily for my projects and planning. Asana works well, but is entirely geared towards working for teams.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Needed the ability to categorize information and ideas in ways that a traditional spreadsheet fell short.

Julián from ResearchPool SAS

A very basic kanban solution

This is a good and easy solution for organizing agile projects. As it is easy, it doesn't implement all the core functionality of the kanban philosophy, for example, you only have one pool and one swimlane, so you are forced to organize the tasks only with tags, but once you get used to that, it works pretty well.

Pros

The integration of this tool to our business was easy, and the implementation of the kanban boards are well designed. You can create columns and tasks very quickly, and then organize using labels, or setting due dates and responsibles.

Cons

It's very basic it its native form. In short time you realize that you will need extend its native functionality with plugins. For example, if you need to breakdown the project or to generate some agile reports, you will need to setup external plugins for that. If you want a class entrprise kanban board, you will need to setup many plugins for that.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello was easy to setup and configure. In JIRA you need much time to setup and find a workflow that fits your business. With Trello you only need to set the different statuses of the tasks, some tags, and you're ready to start tracking the projects. Also, it has a better way to share tasks with other people.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Redmine does not have a native kanban support. In general this is good, but it didn't fit against our business processes.

Our goto brainstorm tool

One of those tools to have in the toolbox -- just for reasons might not expect -- the cards make it super flexible, the lack of spreadsheet mode make it hard to justify paying for it -- some highly recommended plugins are trellists, multiselect for trello, list layouts, and butler, which solve some of those problems.

Pros

Trello is absolutely great for quickly capturing thoughts and doing light organization of lists; the integration support is especially extensive. We also find it helpful as an internal wiki. Trello shines best as task manager when you have someone as a PM who doesn't mind being in it all time, and who has time allocated to build up the automations for everyone. Among the more amazing integrations is with Pipedrive which permits contact lookup -- wish more CRMs had same. Probably the best unique use of Trello, especially relative to other tools, is our ability to prototype with it -- treat boards as separate screens, items as actions, and so forth -- we mocked up an entire freight load board, a texting platform, and several other tools. Alternatively publishing a public product roadmap is another good use.

Cons

Lack of quick edit spreadsheet mode, even as plugin -- the primary reason Trello has never been our heavy lifter on task management -- the keyboard shortcuts aren't intuitive or standard -- couple that with having to manually enter every task and it's just clunky compared to tools such as Monday.com.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

good tool for the basics and the price

Victor from ExtExc

The original management tool

Highly recommended must-have tool for every developer and project manager. Working with Trello can't be easier and is the natural first step for every idea and project. While you might outgrow Trello one day there is no easier way than Trello to get started. The perfect tool for starters to learn kanban style management too!

Pros

Trello has been around for a long time and is still to date one of the best tools available. It is one of the first kan-ban tools and still remains true to their identity by providing that and only that. The simplicity and instant usability are unmatched by any other software. Just write down your ideas, organize them and start working. The management and tracking are a breeze. Anytime I start something new and want to get started quickly Trello is my go-to tool. Everything is self-explanatory and streamlined. The interface is very clean and streamlined. All you have to focus on is what you want to accomplish.

Cons

Having the easiest accessible software also comes with some limitations. When it comes down to it Trello is a kanban board. It is the best at what it does and doesn't strive to do what it doesn't. So if your project develops into something bigger there will inevitably be a day when you have to find a more complete solution for team, task, and project management. Power-ups might help you stay a little longer but eventually, you might outgrow that too. However that doesn't mean leaving Trello for good, it means moving this specific project. Trello will still be ready to help you get started with your next project.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello is better for planning. I still use other list software for tasks that has two states: To do and Done but if your tasks have to progress through a multi-stage workflow then Trello is the obvious choice.

Curry from The Bridge Church

Simplest project management software I've ever used

From business use to personal, moving files, storing attachments, making checklists, dialoguing with co-workers, and managing all projects in a visually pleasing style - Trello has it all, and it's much better than all of the competitors.

Pros

The seamless integration of features. It's so easy to switch between boards, clearly see all projects, and the timeline of all upcoming deadlines thanks to the wonderful (and rare) calendar feature. I wish I had that now! It makes creating something like a video production calendar very quick and easy to follow. The cards themselves are extremely customizable; checklists, attachments, comments, and more could not be easier to add and track. For someone visually oriented, this is an absolute must. Another great feature, there's a free version! Most other management softwares don't have that.

Cons

The archive feature is my main concern. I wish there was a better way of removing projects, other than "archiving" them. Sometimes I need to access these cards and there's not really a simple way to find them. Because of this, my workaround was to have a "completed" board that I would put all finished cards in. Annoying at first, but because the site is so great, I didn't mind after a while. I also wish you could color code things and create labels like in Monday.com.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I would switch back in a heart beat if I had the option! Much prefer Trello for all the reasons listed in the review.

Kayla from Canine Conversations

Perfect for Podcast Production!

I have used Trello for both blog writing and podcasting and have found it absolutely perfect for tracking the progress of a podcast episode. It's great!

Pros

Trello allows us to easily track the progress of each podcast episode, from idea phase to scheduling interviews to publishing and sharing on social media. We can easily move an episode's card throughout the production process to ensure we stay on track. LOVE IT!

Cons

Sometimes things go out of order - for example, we may schedule a guest before writing an outline - and then we don't have an easy way to reflect that in the column structure. It's worth it anyway, though!

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I love the visual column layout - it's so easy to see where a project is at with just a glance.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Our Google Sheets were messy and hard to update, and difficult to understand at a glance. Trello fixes all of that!

Aminuddin from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Helpful in keeping project in time frame

I have use it for almost 3 year and Trello has help me and my team to connect, communicate and collaborate on project more organized. The to-do list keep us with daily task that needed to be complete daily, and assigning certain task to specific user.

Pros

Planning and executing task or project using the Kanban board provided by Trello has improve our work process and effectiveness.

Cons

I have really enjoy using Trello as our project management and nothing major that i like least with this software.

Maisarah from Digi Telecomunnications

Trello has help me be to be more productive

Working on collaborating project is very smooth using Trello especially when we have staff that are working from our remote site. The report generated is very particular and cover all the information that we need to oversee our project progress.

Pros

Collaborating on project is very important for our team, and Trello is a perfect software for us to managing our project. There so many tools that can help me in managing our project budget and it has been our critical aspect that we plan thoroughly in planning session.

Cons

Todoist really need to improve and upgrade the file sharing hub. If i am uploading a big sized files, it keep loosing the connecting and i need to repeating the same step multiple times to get it through. Other than that, everything is working perfectly.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Basecamp is too simple and some of the feature that i need is not supported by Basecamp.

Jennifer from Idyllic Software

Simple and robust with endless use cases

This is simply a great tool for collaborating with others on projects and managing your own personal or work projects, especially for those that value a visual and/or digitally tactile experience.

Pros

This tool is a favorite for managing projects. It's easy to get started and easy to collaborate with clients (even if they've never used it before). I appreciate the visual nature of Trello and the interactive experience with the cards.

Cons

Despite everything I love about Trello, the only downside is that it can easily get out of control with sprawling lists and dusty projects that have been unintentionally forgotten. However, my experience is that it can happen with any task/project management tool. I have tried many others and ultimately, I think it's a user issue. I just don't receive the instant gratification other do in marking something complete and having my lists uber organized.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

The free account is sufficient for many personal and work needs. I also like that I can easy send things to a Trello board from my iPhone - websites, etc.

Syazwani from RHB Banking Group

Manage complex task with Trello

Trello is very helpful in managing my task and project that i collaborate with my colleague. All the board and cards created can be assigned to my team member and they will be responsible for the task. All other team member can check and track the progress without have the ownership to the board.

Pros

Trello really has impress me with all its tools that I can have to make my project and task more easy to organized and to collaborate it with my colleague. The platform is accessible from both desktop and mobile application. Tacking for a project progress is very easy to follow, as they has a project percentage completion visual for a easy track.

Cons

Opening multiple tabs of the application would slowing down my browser speed, but i really need to do it to make my work more effective. If they can make it open from a pop-up tab, it will not consume too much resource of my computer RAM and make the system faster.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is less expensive compared to our previous software, and lowering our budget.

Norzihan from Maxis

Milestones tracking with Trello

Trello has help us planning and finishing project within the due date easily as I can track all the progress and getting work done within the time frame. Trello help increase my work productivity and get job done perfectly.

Pros

Milestones tracking when planning and deploying a project using Trello is easy and really helpful when managing our Project. I can set an anchor point when to review back on the project progress and extra resources needed and that helps us to have a smoother project workflows. Other feature that i like is the task card that can be duplicate and drag around.

Cons

There are problem with the connection with this software, sometimes i can't login to the software at all and keep showing error. I am trying to integrate it with Jira, but it seems can't synchronize with each other and no update from Jira showing in my Trello. Sending a tickets to the customer support doesn't fix nothing.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Microsoft Project has less feature compared to Trello and no integration can be connect with this software.

Suhailah from 7-Eleven Malaysia

Help my team with task management

Trello has become part of our team to organized our daily task and project. All the task can be track on real-time to avoid any missing or unfinished task of the project. Me and my team has a very positive experience all the time we have deployed it on our work system.

Pros

There are various point that what i really like with this software. Collaborating on project with my team and with team on other department on our organization is very easy and not confusing at all. Integration with third party services like Google Mail or MailChimp help me to organizing and managing my email on one single software.

Cons

It takes time to fully get comfortable and learning all the feature and tool that in-build in this software. A training is a must for us for all the team members can maximized all the tools to the maximum. Apart of that, i see no other issue with this software.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello cost us less from Asana but has more customization on it.

Misty from Better Homes and Gardens RE Innovations

Trello is useful for any aspect of your business

Trello is used for Sales/Marketing/Meetings/Tracking...literally everything we do as a brokerage.

Pros

I am crazy about Trello - it is such a wonderfully flexible tool that assists organizing thoughts and tasks for so many different aspects of a real estate business. My company jokes that I "think in Trello" - it is so easy to visualize how to lay out business processes and thoughts with this amazing product.

Cons

I use the free version - I have found little clarity in how paid and unpaid users can interract in boards and teams.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

More resources for examples and assistance.

More applications and cost

Eero from Alkarian

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent project management software, but also so much more!

We use Trello for planning, project tracking, task allocation and tracking, order management, brainstorming, goal-setting... it is a versatile software I am usually recommending to everyone who needs something like this. In fact, many people I know are now loyal Trello users.

Pros

Trello can be used for countless different purposes. Often I start thinking about how to achieve this or that or what software to use, and almost always I turn to Trello and use it - and it works.

Cons

There are few limitations when it comes to tools, but they are minor and getting less and less of a problem as time passes. I have tried almost every other similar software, but none of them have matched this one.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello has more functionalities and works better, and it can be used in various cases in which Asana cannot be used.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is more versatile.

Dushyant from DA-IICT

Easy to use, one size fits all

The most important part of a productivity tool is that it should help you save time. Trello lets you do that, by focusing on core functionalities in the simplest way possible, without going out of its way to overburden you with features. The UI, while slightly old, is blazing fast, minimalist and intuitive. It can be used by organizations to manage team projects, and individuals for their own tasks management.

Pros

- Extremely intuitive and easy to use - Blazing fast - Notifications are clear and easy to customize - Rich set of templates - Easy adding/managing members - Easy to manage multiple boards/organizations

Cons

- UI is a lil outdated - can be done better - Powerups are pretty limited in the free version - could be upgraded - Note taking feature could be implemented

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Ease of use. Minimalism. More extensive free version(sharing with team on free plan)

Senne from OMNIA eBusiness

Industry: Information Services

Amazing tool for better productivity in life - professionally ánd personally

I don't even know where to begin to describe how much of an impact Trello has made on my life and how I use it exactly. But I'll try. I have multiple businesses that I run and lots of new ideas that occur to me on at least a monthly basis. These ideas have to go somewhere. Before Trello, these ended up in various places, like Samsung Notes. But this was much, much less structured than Trello and not structured enough for me to be able to really process everything and create order. My mind was all over the place, restless. Over the past year, I've been using Trello more and more actively and my main board (for my agency) has evolved a lot. If you aren't using a task management tool, you should start RIGHT NOW. And Trello will most likely be the best fit. At least it was for me. That being said, I would not recommend it as a project management tool. Meaning for collaboration with clients and project management for clients, creating structured systems, working with teams,... there are more focused tools for that on the market. Which are not free, but very affordable as well. I'm sure other people would disagree, since Trello does offer most of the featurest that are needed for project management as well, but I personally like more professional tools that are specifically created for that purpose. So, in conclusion, Trello is without a doubt the best task management tool on the market and one of the best ways to create more structure in your life and get rid of the chaos!

Pros

The fact that the core features for daily task management are available to everyone for free. On top of that, if you do need the more advanced features, these are available at a fairly low cost. The fact that Trello has made such a big impact in my life, every single day, for both my personal to-do's, things I don't want to forget or remember for later (such as bucket lists), as well as (and primarily) task management for my businesses. I will elaborate further as part of my overall experience with Trello. The mobile app AND desktop app! This is so handy and one of the reasons why I've been switching all my old Samsung Notes to Trello. The mobile app can be easily installed anywhere, so I always have my with me wherever I go. When I think of something to do, I can write it down quickly, add a new card or just an item etc. It's very quick and easy and plays an essential role in my life.

Cons

The function "ctrl + f" to easily search for words inside a list is not available in the desktop app. This means searching for terms can be less efficient compared to the web app, which means I sometimes have to go through the trouble of opening Trello in my browsing and searching for something there, because it would be harder to do on desktop (I realise this is nit picking). Furthermore, I would like to be able to either exclude OR include archived cards, so it would be easier and faster to look for the task I want. Now, I end up opening a bunch of archived cards when I don't really need those anymore. This brings me to the final thing I really don't like about Trello and that's that it's not possible to delete a card directly instead of archiving it. This is possible, via other steps, but very inconvenient and time consuming. Why not just give the option to completely delete something? If that were possible, I would actually use the archive function in a productive way. Now it's just a place where everything ends up that I don't need anymore. Not practical.

Andrew from Amazon

Trello Review

Overall, my experience with Trello has been great. The system does take a little time to adjust to, simply because it is a new form of to-do lists and project managements that many people are unfamiliar with. However, that initial learner's curve is not too steep and learning the ins-and-outs is painless and easy to implement across teams. Rather than working across multiple channels like Slack, Salesforce, and Outlook, Trello helps consolidate all of these communications in one place to raise issues in a timely manner, manage task loads, and collaborate more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

Trello's project management is a bit unorthodox at first (at least for me and my team), but after getting familiar with the Kanban boards, the system seriously changes the way I view to-do lists and how they can be optimized for more efficient workflows. Trello makes it easy to manage tasks amongst team members, assign duties, and to track against milestones. Rather than wasting time every week in meetings to get updates from the team, Trello seamlessly tracks everyone's completed tasks, raises issues instantly, and makes tracking milestones extremely simple. Easily the best project management software I have worked with and is a serious game-changer for project management.

Cons

While Trello is an incredible tool, I wish there was some more functionality and features to enhance the core product even more. I work on multiple projects at once across multiple teams, which involves a lot of switching back-and-forth between boards and tasks. I would love if Trello was able to consolidate all of the tasks across one's various boards to provide an overview of tasks and their due dates as well as issues across the different teams. An all-in-one dashboard would make the system even more adaptable and easier to implement across more teams and could even replace systems like Salesforce for our organization in regards to project management.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Todoist wasn't as flexible in terms of functionality and features; was not focused on team activities as much as Trello

Giacomo from Amilon

Veloce, semplice, modulare

Le funzionalità che hanno maggiormente apportato beneficio a livello lavorativo sono l’assegnazione veloce e dettagliata dei singoli compiti; la possibilità di collaborazione tra utenti tramite la discussione sulle attività; infine, le liste di controllo e le date di scadenza permettono una infinita flessibilità e monitoraggio. La personalizzazione grafica rappresenta per me un ulteriore aspetto di piacevolezza nell’utilizzo. Non mi stanco mai di usarlo: rappresenta un incentivo alla pianificazione. Ogni scheda può essere classificata utilizzando delle etichette colorate, totalmente personalizzabili, ed utilizzabili per esempio per definire una scala di priorità, di classificazione di ambito di appartenenza. Ottima la possibilità di usare MarkDown come linguaggio di formattazione del testo. La sua flessibilità nella gestione dei contenuti e degli allegati permette un utilizzo davvero adatto ad ogni esigenza di qualsiasi reparto.

Pros

Utilizziamo Trello in azienda come software di gestione dei mini-task di reparto, e devo ammettere che ha reso il processo di tracciamento e assegnazione delle attività un procedimento semplice, veloce ed efficiente. Il suo punto di forza è che con un semplice colpo d’occhio si riescono a vedere quante attività sono allocate su ogni membro: la possibilità di spostare in modo flessibile le schede da una colonna a un’altra, permette un aggiornamento molto veloce dello stato del progetto; le configurazioni interne alla scheda e alla sotto-attività consentono di ottenere un livello di dettaglio molto approfondito. Ottima è l’integrazione con la nostra piattaforma di ticketing, dalla quale è possibile creare e assegnare una scheda Trello a partire da un ticket aperto, tutto con un semplice click !

Cons

Trello mostra i suoi limiti se applicato a progetti di medio-alta complessità, oppure quando vengono create molte colonne.

Nate from Nuf Said Advertising

Trello has made task management at work so much easier that my wife and I use it at home now

My overall experience has been excellent. I'd still have sticky notes all over my desk trying to keep track of what I need to work on if it wasn't for Trello.

Pros

It's extremely straightforward and makes task lists incredibly easy to manage. Shuffling around priorities couldn't be easier and it has removed a lot of the mess of trying to keep track of what I need to get done and when from my head. For someone with ADD, this is such a helpful program.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I dislike about the software. It has been really helpful for a person like me.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Mixed reviews internally at our company. Some liked it, others felt it gave the clients too much access to our designers.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Looking for something less flashy and more straightforward

Luis from SAP

Usage of TRELLO during a Project implementation

Very useful during a software project implementation with Agile methodology. I even use this SW in my daily personal activities.

Pros

I really like this products because is: * Easy to use * PORTABLE (you can use and modify your dashboard on any mobile device) * Can activate power up (other functionalities to your dashboard) * Easy to share * Fast to build * Easy to make following to the people * Can create you own reports * Easy to read * Easy to clean the main Dashboard (taks already finished)

Cons

Add more templates and let to build our own. Will be great to let include video functionalities. Integration with Microsoft Project will be desirable.

Cost & benefits & functionality

Cost and benefits

Mark from The Early Learning Coalition of Pasco and Hernando

Team and Time Tracking and Management

I have used Trello to stay organized. It works great for keeping track of things when there are multiple tasks and many deadlines involved in one large, or long-term project. It's also helpful to for keeping track of where team members are as they work on parts of a project. Before switching to trello, I had simple checklists and would at times forget where I was or what had been done. Trello allowed for quick and easy tracking and updating of progress no matter where I was, because it is simple to use, visual, and the phone is always with me.

Pros

I loved that it was easy to use both in the desktop web browser and in the phone app. Many products are heavier with their usefulness in one area or another. With Trello, I was able to use it easily and completely at my desktop at work or at home, and then had the same ease and complete functionality of use on my phone when I didn't have a computer handy. The boards and cards are extremely useful. I've used them to track my own progress through multiple similar projects, being able to simply move independent cards along a flow, and quickly, visually spot where each project was in the process. I've also used them to collaborate with multiple people on a very complex single project. Boards can be used for work focus areas, or for specific teams, and cards can be specifically assigned to individual or multiple members as being part of what they need to complete. It is easy to quickly spot projects and what needs to be done visually when set up correctly, and can turn a confusing list of multi-level tasks into a quick know-at-a-glance what needs to be done and how far along a project has gone. It is also very helpful to be able to add checklists to cards, and files. Team members can check off that they've completed something, and add photo or document evidence. Color coding is also available, which adds to being able to label things so they're quickly identifiable as relevant to what you're looking for, or not. We have used the free version, paid provides even more.

Cons

Integration features looked good, but many of them cannot be used without paying. It's hard to complain that the product could have been even more useful than it was if I wouldn't have had to pay for features, because I completely understand that the company would go under if it did not make money somehow. All-in-all, I'd say that the feature upgrades would be worth it. Trello is very inexpensive, I just couldn't justify a requisition in the context of my workplace.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Anydo is useful for simple checklists. I still use it for some things. But I switched to trello for tracking complex projects and projects with more than one other person because an anydo list, or even a set of anydo lists just gets more complicated and just doesn't have the full-features and ease of use for something so heavy. Trello allows for notes to be added to the cards, documents and photos to be uploaded, and much more flexibility of arrangement and assignment of the tasks.

Sapir from action refound

Trello - my personl experience

Probably the best organization that you will actually discover with stunning work culture and advantages. Heaps of work life balance, very strong group , exceptionally brilliant and skilled partners, amazingly compassionate pioneers extremely associated with groups in the organization. Weakening rate in the course of the most recent couple of years are too low

Pros

Best for groups! + Easy mobility + Simple plan + Better than comparable applications, for example Groups, Slack, FB Workplace, and others. + Usable as schedules. - Without business class, the maximum size of the connections is 10 MB. - Without business class, the entirety of the colleagues are administrator, so everybody can erase a board or someone else. - For me, I haven't got private informing highlight. It wouldn't be awful. It's truly useful with regards to project the executives. I preferred that you can set cutoff times and have the option to realize which card/task to organize and complete inside the given time period. Be that as it may, all things being equal, I love it!

Cons

None!! I will be here forever!! please keep doing what you doing.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

google calendar wasn't for me

Doglei from CIASC

Simples, prático e rápido

Para quem quer começar agora mesmo a ter uma vida mais organizada, de forma simples e prática, esta é a melhor ferramenta inicial do mercado. Em um instante você cria seu quadro, define suas filas, tarefas e já compartilha com sua equipe de trabalho. Pronto pra sair usando.

Pros

Simplicidade, rapidez de criação de objetos, listas, tarefas. Trabalho em equipes, compartilhamento de quadros e visões.

Cons

Limites de uso visual, localização de tarefas concluídas.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Pelo fato da gratuidade em certa escala (inicial) e pela facilidade de uso e implantação.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Pela facilidade de uso, pela simplicidade de visualização e acompanhamento dos projetos.

Suzan from INKFISH digital marketing

Online project management system that changed the way we work

I had been managing my web and graphic design studio jobs just with excel - I had not found any software that did not seem too cumbersome and admin heavy. The checklist functionality and all possibilities then changed the way we work to this day.

Pros

The easy to use visible overview, the checklist and creating templates for the team to use over and over. Long before the template functionality was added we used it already and just gave it a label. The simplicity yet versatility makes it so adaptable.

Cons

The free version is getting more and more restricted in use. The biggest blow was the teams that suddenly went from unlimited to 10. We are a small company in a third world country, working and training a lot of apprentices, so the fee per person was simply far too much. There are a lot of boards I have archived that I cannot access anymore because the team size won't allow it. I may need to restructure it all, but for now It's just annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I need to have more info per job collated, and allow my team to access the status of jobs remote. Switching to trello allowed me to end the rent for my office space!

Antonio from Firmament SRL

The road to your personal successes, all on a slight of hand!

Exceptional, being a company involved in financial services we need to accomplish tasks and assignments in the fastest and more efficient possible way. Trello makes this way easier.

Pros

Trello is an incredibly user friendly software, it's easy to use and you can quickly get familiar with the dashboard. For people who, like me, tend to organize things by "visual schemes" (eg. colors, lines ecc) trello is perfect! The possibility of creating different colored labels depending on the priority of a certain task will make the dashboard easy to access and fast to share. About sharing, the task assignment is really intuitive and catchy, you can either drag and drop the members of your team on a certain task or, for those who prefer more formal things, you can invite them by email to join a certain task. Mobile and Desktop interfaces are very stable, fast and fluid. Me and my team never came accross any critrical bug.

Cons

The thing I absolutely liked the least of the software is the fact that it's not possible to upload a custom picture for the background on Lite accounts but, of course, one does not buy trello just to get his custom background. So to sum up, no critical cons.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana presented some major bugs and system instability and as far as we needed 10 people to access an assignment dashboard as fast as possible we could not rely on nothing less than Trello.

Kim from Kimberlie Forde

Industry: Graphic Design

Hello Trello

Pros

Trello is really the best, inexpensive project management tool you could ask for. Edits happen in real- time. Assigning team members and due dates are simple with the Kanban cards and Planyway calendar. In- platform reminders work flawlessly. Teaching project progress is easy for simple projects.

Cons

The one main drawback would be that there are a lot of plugins available to make more features and apps available (calendars, etc. ). This can be good, but sometimes can take you a little off course, since you have to generally leave the main Trello board and experience to access the extension features. It would be fantastic if more of the extension features were just built into the platform itself. This next part isn't so much a negative, but more of a heads-up as you start getting into complex projects with more moving parts. Unless you upgrade to a heavier duty business plan, tracking milestones for each card is tough. Example: your project has 3 parts. Each part requires 2 people to do 3 tasks each. Without the paid plan, it's tough to track who's assigned to which specific step for which specific due date without creating a separate card for each task. To assign due dates to each, you're now looking at tracking progress across 18 individual cards on the free plan. You can use a checklist, but can't assign due dates to the individual milestones/ tasks unless you're on the free plan. They have to make money (I fully get and support that!). Just know that as your projects grow in complexity, the amount you have to spend may grow with it. Not always, but sometimes. With that said, they are still the cheapest, somewhat full-featured project management tool that you can jump right into and begin using.

Cost and ease of use

Beth from Care CPA

Fantastic software for project tracking

We use trello to track the status of tax returns (from the moment we remind clients to send us stuff to when it is accepted by the IRS), to track the status of potential clients, and also to keep lists of procedures by type (Accounting, Bookkeeping, sales tax, etc)

Pros

My most favorite thing is the Kanban Board view and labels. They make it so easy to track where projects are so multiple people working on something can see what needs to be done vs. what is already done and who is working on it! It is incredibly user friendly whether you're on a computer, a phone, or even using the app! I like that we can attached files not only from our devices but also from Google Drive. Finally, the price is really inexpensive, so when we add someone to our team we don't have to decide if it's worth it to add them!

Cons

The only thing it really seems to be missing is having the gmail thread as part of trello, instead of having to pay for a third party add-on. We'd also like the ability to export a board+lists to excel.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello had the best pricing, especially since we wanted to have multiple users, and the gmail add-on that lets us create cards from email is really useful!

Vincent from Airlines

Trello for Task tracking in Fiji Businesses

With Trello, Human Resource efficiency is achieved very well. Time & Money spent on meetings have been cut down to a minimum which leads to a huge savings by the company. The overall experience of using Trello has be beneficial and I would recommend this to all Small & Medium Enterprise as a tool to keep track of projects & tasks.

Pros

Trello is very useful for any company especially when there is a project needed to be completed by the team. Firstly, organizing tasks for individual employees on individual boards is very easy. Once you login you can easily get around and figure things out because of the simplistic setup. Assigning & Archiving tasks is very simple. Secondly, Trello helps with a problem that is rife among companies in Fiji and everywhere else in the world. With Trello, Managers and supervisors have no need of calling meetings to check on the progress of each team member. In my experience, Trello saved us a lot of valuable time as my boss did not need to have a meeting to check on the progress of certain tasks assigned. Instead Trello was used as a gauge to see whether projects would be completed in time. Also, with Trello you can access all your tasks from your mobile device. You also receive real time notification if someone comments on your card or mentions you in a comment. This is very helpful especially when you are always on the go.

Cons

Trello, although very effective, is also very limited in terms of the project it can handle. Small projects are perfect for Trello but not large scale ones. For example, in our company, we would use the app for things like ordering a helicopter part overseas and also handling the freight and shipping up until it is being delivered. Also, storage data is limited so attachments like mp4 videos & other large media files cannot be uploaded. Sometimes we would like to attach videos on Trello just to give a clearer picture to the Managers who would be reading it and its an issue when the storage space allowed is very limited. Moreover, a hindering component of Trello is the fact that without Internet you cannot view or update tasks. Since there is no desktop version it puts pressure on the employees to have data at all times to make sure they know what's going on with every single task.

Easy to use and Simple.

Rajesh from Pristine Writers

Industry: Writing and Editing

Task Management is now in your finger tip

Back in the day, when we used to write down our tasks in a diary and notebook which was so much analog and difficult to manage. But, in this modern world, when technology is developed and came to its peak, we should not struggle with our task management. Trust me; Trello makes task management easier than ever. Now, you can track all of the tasks of your boards or projects. When it comes to my personal opinion, I will always give a higher rating to this innovative software as it makes my work-life so convenient and easier.

Pros

There is no denying the fact that Trello is so much impressive when it comes to managing your tasks. Trello makes my work life easier. The most impactful feature of this software that I found helpful is I can organize my tasks into several categories. For example, now I know what task is not completed yet, what I am doing, and what I already have completed. Even I can track my completed tasks to follow up further if I have to do that. Trello is so much easy to use. The templates are so much user-friendly. You can even tag your co-workers and when it comes to monitoring the tasks, it becomes so much easier. Another impressive feature I like about this software is I can attach necessary documents to make the task presentable and easy to understand to everyone.

Cons

First of all, Trello has great room to develop in its storage options. Besides, I found there is a good limitation in using keyboard shortcuts. On top of that sometimes managing too many tasks become so hectic. Currently, tasks are allocated to only one project or board. I think they should also improve the overall co-ordination option between different boards.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

There is no wonder that Google is the tech giant in the world and it has pretty much everything to solve every problem. Google keep helped me somehow in my task management. However, if I compare Trello with google keep, I must say Trello is more focused and specially designed to help you out in managing all of your tasks. That's why I switched to Trello and give priority to it over google keep.

Brian from Swanick Consulting, Inc.

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work. I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every work session or meeting. I move cards around as they get done or re-prioritized and try to focus only on the tasks I need do each day. My work output is measured on the outcomes I get for my clients and how much I can accelerate their learning while working together. I just need a tool to get out of the way of my work and Trello does that really well. Highly recommend for a single consultant or freelancer. I can see this working well for small teams that work in semi-formal sprints and need to collaborate too.

Pros

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week. Major plus is the addition of labels. I only work with 3 - 6 clients at one time. Instead of having several boards and having to click through each one to manage tasks, I have them on the same board and tagged with different colored labels. Since I will have 10 - 20 tasks in a week, this makes it easy to see that all my client projects are making progress. All in all, I need simple task management across a few projects and this is better than other software that I use for that. I actively use Asana on a specific project and have used JIRA extensively but I still prefer this for my consulting work. Lastly, getting one free power up on the free plan is nice. I use the recurring tasks power up and have 5-10 recurring tasks (monthly for payroll, weekly for recurring meetings).

Cons

The search function and the reporting are the weak points. In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month. Reporting isn't part of Trello from what I can tell. I don't need super robust reporting but I did start using a process where it would be nice to get an export. I ended up upgrading to the basic paid plan to do that but I didn't find it useful enough to continue paying for. Related, you only get one free power up. I think this is acceptable amount since...it's free. But I rarely look into the other power ups since I know I need the recurring one. I did see that they have a Trello Gold plan for $5/month which gives you 3 power ups. That seems worth it as a single user (although I won't revisit needing to upgrade until I revisit my processes at the turn of the year).

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I like them all for different reasons. For an independent consultant, they all had too much overhead involved.

Souhil from OBUYZ Store

Best List Making Application to Boost your Productivity and Save Time for Personal & Business use.

Trello will be always my first choice, and I guess It's one of the Best List Making applications right now with amazing features and Integrations also, I love it when the Trello team is improving it always for us as users and when they give us new tips and tricks. I have been using it for almost 10 months now and I never had big problems with it and that's why I keep using it daily for my projects, work, and plans. And I had a lot of success getting things done fast and I saved a lot of time because of Trello and I will always recommend it to my friends and family members.

Pros

It's a very helpful tool and I'm able to increase my productivity and track my work, plans, projects daily. I really like it because they have a Free plan without paying anything and no credit card needed too. It's one of the best tools right now to get things done and save time and do your "To-Do List" fast. I can Invite my Virtual Assistant and create a team to help me get things done and they can follow all the tasks without any problem because the simple Boards, Cards, Lists are very organized. I can create any number of cards I want, and I can create custom buttons that appear right on the back of every card. I can schedule my work and handle my tasks to save time and to stay organized all the time. I can change the board Background to any picture I like, for example, motivation background for more productivity. I can favorite my boards to find them very easy, and I can search any board if I want in the search box. In addition, I can see any closed boards and check them again one by one if I want. I like also, the Automation Tips and how you can Turn your Trello boards into an automation machine with a few clicks by creating simple rules. I can add some fun stuff to my Boards by adding some cool and funny Stickers and they offer the option to add some custom stickers too and I can add a Template for easy use. Trello Support team is one of the best and they reply fast. also, inside the Trello website, you can find a lot of tips and step by step guide with examples too.

Cons

Sometimes It's very hard to see some cards because the Boards get bigger and bigger and they can add for example Horizontal pages, for example, page1/page2/page3...etc They can add a better option to communicate between team members like live chat or other messaging options in Boards. I don't like the "More from Atlassian" section in Trello because It's like they are promoting some tools and for me I don't really need them. They can add more Templates to their Templates section. When I allow desktop notifications sometimes, I don't get them in time, and sometimes I don't get them at all. They can add more Types to the "Team Type" section in Invite > create team. They can add more apps to Trello app Integrations, not just the popular apps on the internet. I can't change the size of the stickers in the cards, and they don't have a lot of stickers.

Ariel from ariel-lim.com

Never Guess What You Need to Do Next

Overall, Trello works for my needs. I'm a freelancer that works with multiple companies so this is setup as different teams inside my Trello account. I also have different projects on my own which i setup separately as well. It provides the basic backbone for project management from workflow to collaboration. I hope there are ways to filter or create views that you want in the future.

Pros

What i like about Trello is that it's simple yet flexible. THe regular kanban style board layout is enough to handle basic task management or as an ideas log. But when you move beyond only managing your own tasks, like working with clients or other colleagues, the collaboration tools certainly help a lot. They also have powerups or extended features that you can add alongside the basic functionality which makes it even more powerful.

Cons

What i like least about trello is the homepage. It gets unwieldy when you start to manage multiple boards at once. The homepage is where you see the overview of everything in your account. But you can't customize it to make it look or show only the data that really matters. For example, you can't filter to see only board A from Team 1. Or Board XYZ from Team 2. So it really is just a timeline of everything. And it doesn't work from a project management perspective since there are more critical projects that you want to know every detail of and there are others where you only want to check once in a while And of course, if no one else is using it, just like with any project management software, it becomes useless.

Jr. from Sports Software

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on. Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board. Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

Pros

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

Cons

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Easier to learn, Altassian product relaiiblity.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Easier to be under the Altassian family of products, though Asana was very good as well.

Meet Trello, the everything connected web based platform

Trello was used by our team for over 1 year while I was on a contract gig. We used it for our everyday task planning and coordination along with TRACTION L-10 meetings where we supplemented progress reports with that system. As I cannot speak for the reporting side of things, I'll cover the basic user side of things. Basically, Trello allows one to create "Cards" that represent a project and add tasks and assignments to the card that folks on the team can track through their notifications. Once you, the author of the card, update it, all connected team members of that card are sent a notification of this update and are reminded to take a look as time allows. The manner in which one can build new pages/boards for each project type is quite simple and easy to learn. Then users simply add "lists" to their "Boards" and the boss has complete oversight over everything. I found it easy to explore new power-ups and try them out, but the more advanced ones may need IT help and some extra expense for the use. As a manager, one will find it easy to tell when folks are actively working and collaborating, but I would warn against using it for an attendance checker. We used Skype to show availability instead.

Pros

The power-ups involving automatic actions to simplify the tedious nature of repetitive tasks (like Butler) The ease of use for customization Categorization, lists, checkboxes, Outlook connector The ability to share files directly for review is the best! Teamwork is now broadened to folks across the world!

Cons

The inability to label the columns with custom images without making a card for it. The fact that power-ups are limited so a trial user can never get the "full effect"

Reasons for Switching to Trello

More visual based interface with a more simple approach to sharing files and such.

Lohany from FUNASA

Industry: Government Relations

meeting the trello

Trello allowed me to create a more organized schedule, especially with projects that had no specific date to do any activity, so it made my life a lot easier, for example: before using Trello I made lists of what I had to do during the week and day , and whenever I couldn't do a task I had to copy it back to the next list of the following week, erasing everything, with Trello I no longer have this problem I managed to optimize my time because now with Trello I look at all my projects I see which ones are the next actions to be done on the list, and the notifications with reminders that I post always appear, and when I finish the task I mark it and it turns green, and the ones in red are the ones I still have to do, so my conclusion about Trello is that I still intend to continue using this application, I think it fulfills its function very well.

Pros

the cool thing about Trello is that as soon as you download it to your device, it comes with a welcome board that shows what you can do with the trello app, at first glance, it has a presentation card where you click and can make a description of the card or add a comment, add images, add a link, create checklists, tags, you can create as many lists as you want, file a card, all this the app will teach you, it is very good for managing projects , it is very practical, so it is not an application so difficult to learn to handle because it is very visual, another advantage is the integration of trello with various platforms, for example, windows, ios, so that there is no difficulty of access through another browser, even if it is not installed on your device, you can access and manipulate it without having to download it.

Cons

the only disadvantage i've seen so far is that i didn't learn how to create teams in the app just to be able to create on the computer on the site, so when i click add, i can only add a new board and select which team i'll put, but so far i don't know how to add a new team, I don't know if it's not possible or if it's my mistake, another disadvantage is the number of limited power-ups that are offered in the free version, so I can only add a power-up and if I want to put dropbox and Evernote I can't, but it's fair, it's an application that has a commercial version so if you want to use more tools I think it's fair to pay for them, as it is useful for several companies.

Namita from PodTechs

User Friendly and customizable Project Management application!

Adding users to the card, creating checklists, adding due date to not only to each card but to each sub-item is very handy. As the due date/time is close, there is a different color for you to easily understand your priority task. I liked that I could add and import checklists, copy cards, assign tasks to relevant users and once they are done, the cardmembers can be notified. You can easily archive cards as work is completed. Moving and reorganizing card between boards and lists is very handy. You do not need big planning to work with this application, you can start anywhere and enhance/organize it the way you want. That will save you lots of rework! This application is very convenient to work with contractors, they do not have to be on the organization Trello account, as long as they have a Trello account, you can work with them. You can add them to only cards they have a task assigned. We also integrated this with Slack and it is very convenient to get a notification on the slack channel.

Pros

The application is designed by keeping Kanban methodology in mind. It is very simple and easy to use. Well designed for any level of technical and project management experience. I love how I can organize lists, cards, and boards. I also like the level of security I can set up for each user and board. Trello is an inexpensive application. They offer freemium version as well. We used freemium in the beginning and as we grew, we upgraded to the paid version. Overall, I am very impressed with this project management application! You can organize your tasks well and communicate with the team by focusing on your priority and deadline.

Cons

This is by Atlassian software and I understand that JIRA is designed by keeping enterprise in mind, while this is more for small to mid-size businesses. So, it is not very convenient to manage sprints, etc for product development. You cannot use Trello for a large scale projects.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

We had some users in the organization familiar with Trello. I had familiarity with the kanban concept as well. Trello met our requirement and expectations. It is simply very convenient to use. The training required is minimal. Rework required is minimal for organization and planning, which means, we can focus on work to be done, and no need to manage an application.

Abby from The Helpful Marketer

Outstanding project collaboration, especially for free

As a web designer and marketer, I use Trello for project management, to collaborate with clients and keep them up-to-date on their project. I also use is to assign them "homework", list due dates and checklists of what I need from them. I work with mostly other solo business owners, but sometimes have a client with multiple hands in the pot. Trello has worked very well for either scenario.

Pros

There's so much you can do with the free version, I still can't believe they're offering it for free. They've made constant improvements with adding things like assigning a person and a date. Just with the color-coding of cards alone, there's so much you can do with it.

Cons

There's really nothing else out there like it, other than putting sticky notes up on a wall. There's no other SaaS like it. So getting started out, it's a little hard to explain to people, but once they're in there, I haven't had any clients get confused; it's quite intuitive. I wish you could customize the layout a little more - like have sub cards, or make columns smaller. I also wish there was a way to move Comments to a sideboard, or to another card. Cards end up getting congested and makes it hard to find pertinent information.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

To be honest, because it's free. When I was starting out, I had to keep my costs down anywhere I could. I have the funding now that I could switch to a paid platform, however the usability, adaptability, and collaboration aspects of Trello have me hooked.

Maria from Ad Lightning

Great product for the price

Overall, I'd recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get started on simple task tracking, especially within a team. Hoping the product will release more features, like the ones mentioned above.

Pros

I love Trello's clean and customizable UI. It makes it easy for me to track tasks and to add as many columns to indicate a task's status as needed.

Cons

Lack of features that could immensely improve the product, such as time tracking for individual projects and increased ability to collaborate with other users. Some features I wish it included are: calendar view to see deadlines for specific tasks, and dates added to comments so updates can be tracked.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Other members on my team had been using Trello, which makes for easier collaboration if I adopted it as well. I tried the free trial for monday.com and found it confusing to learn, and I had used Asana at a prior company and wasn't thrilled about using it again.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Todoist only allows for basic task tracking before you have to pay. Trello has more features available and a more customizable platform.

Rachel from COLAB

Love this product, very visual and straightforward, highly recommend

Pros

There is SO much to like about this software, it's hard to narrow down. The versatility of the software is incredible. We have a variety of different teams (e.g. photography, video, writing, web development...) and each team's boards are completely independent of one another, with completely different workflows. Other tools seem restrictive whereas Trello is incredibly customizable, and change is easy. We were also able to create templates for each team's workflow, which made building out new project requests a total breeze. The calendar powerup is incredibly helpful, adn the ability to build out cards with checklists, labels, due dates, attachments, etc. gives the perfect amount of flexibility and accountability tracking we need. I could go on and on about this software, I absolutely love it.

Cons

When the pricing structure changed a year or two ago, we had to totally restructure our work to be able to keep the software (we are state funded and could not afford our current structure once the price increased). We had to transition from nine teams to one team, separated out by tags. We have a TON of boards, so this was less than ideal but still totally manageable. The one other thing I like least is the limitations placed on board powerups. They are SO useful, and the tool is still incredible without them, but I wish my whole team had gotten to experience the powerups (I was one of the only Gold members).

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello offered us the ability to maintain workplace autonomy by allowing each of our production teams their own customized workflows and ability to track all communication, updates, progress, etc. in one place.

Sandra from Montana BSA

Trello to Organize Nonprofit Volunteers

Trello runs my life. I use it to create and exicute plans, events, and campaigns with volunteers and venders. What I like best about Trello is the ability to automate and link with other software like my email and calendar.

Pros

Use Trello in my daily planning but I also used it to help my volunteers. The typical way for an entry-level volunteer to get information and learn how to do their job is with a 200+ page guidebook. That is not an easy sell for most brand new first-time volunteers. So I broke down the guidebook using Trello to make starting out simple. "Here is what you need to do and the tools you need to do it," on each card. I love that it lets me have links and attachments so everything my people need is at their fingertips and it is searchable.

Cons

Trello is intimidating at first. I love using it and I have taught a dozen people how to use it. They are all overwhelmed at first. But over an hour or so they get the hang of it and really start to enjoy using the system.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I wanted a single capture for tasks and ideas and everything else. Trello in my only digital capture and I think that is why it works so well for me.

Otto from Level Eight Architecture Design, PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Get Organized!

This software has been our go to. We are able to track our multiple projects with ease, and navigate through things that would slip through the cracks otherwise using Trello. Highly recommended.

Pros

Trello is an excellent card based organization software that fit my company very well. I run an architecture company and with so many projects to run and keep track of having a website that shows all of the projects, and their status, as well as inviting clients to use to keep track of projects, is a necessity. Trello does this with ease, and the interface is easy to navigate and fall in love with. Similar software like basecamp may have more features, but the general ease of use of Trello we find to be much better.

Cons

The ability to search through the software is a bit daunting. Having everything critically organized is a must, and coming up with an organizational strategy that works for you is a must.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello fit our requirements better

Ease of use and cost.

Miriam from Northern Trust Corporation

Trello helps me to be productive in my working life

It is an excellent application that allows us to achieve the established objectives by being more productive. It is an ideal tool for all professionals who often plan short or long-term projects. Trello has made it easier for me to achieve my goals. In my work, it has allowed me to obtain better results, and It prevents me from forgetting any activity. I work with efficiency, productivity, and organization, I don't waste time locating any task. Trello has the necessary tools to make project planning easier. What I like about Trello is that it helps me to take advantage of my time since I am clear about what I have to do, it is an app that motivates me to start and finish what I propose, both in my work and my personal life.

Pros

Trello makes the implementation of the projects more organized, allows better monitoring so that the proposed objectives are obtained, I like that I can register my projects and add the necessary tasks by organizing each one of them. We use Trello in my organization to make better use of time, this productivity app helps us to have control of habits and thus be able to achieve goals, in my work team we not only organize the tasks that we have to do daily but also, the break times. I use Trello not only in my work but also for my personal goals and tasks since it helps me to plan my projects, divide them into batch work and reach the goals that I set for myself.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Trello is that the cell phone version doesn't have all the tools of the browser version; for example, to delete boards and to see other operations it cannot be done from the mobile app, but I have to do it from the browser.

Rick from Driving Success

Just kept growing

You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

more customizable

Jesse from Genius Solutions

Simple team task management - everything we need

Our experience has been great. We tried asana and Monday.com, which are both very good tools, but for our different use cases - team project management, content management board, idea board, etc - the simplicity of trello was what we needed and get the most benefit from.

Pros

Intuitive, straightforward interface is so easy to use. We can set up, share, move, collaborate on and complete tasks very quickly and efficiently. The background customizations are great as well. And the price can't be topped.

Cons

Nothing. We tried two others for extended periods of time that sold themselves as having more or better features, but we always came back to trello.

Reinard from ATKV

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

First to market, but not in first place

As a personal tool, I can confidently recommend Trello as the free tier provides plenty of room to manage your personal day-to-day tasks. As a professional task or project management platform, there are now better options out there, although there is a big dollop of personal preference involved in these types of software solutions.

Pros

Trello is a really good personal and professional task project manager. I've used it in both of these capacities and I must admit, it worked better for me in my personal life than professional. As a personal tool, the free tier is really generous and you'll be able to track, organise and manage daily tasks and projects around the house with ease. As a professional tool, it just didn't quite get there. While the onboarding was really easy and the team got into the swing of it pretty quickly, once we started to integrate into our workflow, there were some hiccups we just couldn't solve. Don't get me wrong, getting boards set up, people assigned to tasks and uploading supporting documents was easy. There are some nice additions like adding designs to boards to give the creative members of your team an outlet to personalise their spaces and the board and task setup results in a really robust and detailed view of what's in your pipeline. The app is a really good partner to the desktop version and let's you do everything from your phone that you could do on the web version, with a caveat here and there.

Cons

Once we got into the workflow part we started to realise the limitations of the software on our particular process. To elaborate, we were using the software to manage tasks such as creative output workflow, advertising schedules and external partner projects. Now this is going to be the personal preference part, it just didn't feel natural the way Trello organises these processes. Moving tasks from step-to-step and the way documents were handled within each task/board didn't fit naturally with how we ran high volume task flow. I think in the end, some team members became frustrated with the day-to-day method of manually updating task status and the lack of automation with regards to tasks hitting certain milestones.

Trello, the Collaboration Giant

Trello is helping us to solve the issue of collaboration and time tracking on our projects. We can now easily see work being done by each individual and even the time they spend. It has also solved our communication challenges by automating email notifications

Pros

Trello really made our development team work better. The fact that you can line up tasks in lists and set card owners and due dates really did it for us. It is a very easy tool to use as setting up the board is just drag and drop. The vast number of power ups available also allowed us to extend its functionality and get more from the app. Another key feature that we fell in love with is the activity history that allows just a quick glance of recent board activity.Integration with our process was very easy as we follow the Agile methodology

Cons

Of the improvements that I think can be done in Trello, one critical one would be native integration with the google calendar. This will be a huge benefit for planning and logging work on the calendar. Another downside is that there is no built in functionality for reporting and a Gantt chart. These would make life easier if added.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

The simplicity of the application is what attracted us to use it.

Lisa from AHRI

Worth it!

I supervise a team of three HR professionals. Our biggest problem in our work execution was determining who was doing what when. I also needed to be able to follow up with them regarding items that had been referred to them for review, or even issues we discussed during our weekly one-on-one meetings. Through Trello, they are able to work on tasks and I can see their updates in the "activity" portion of the Trello card. I also get weekly and daily updates regarding tasks that are due soon. My team -- which was very skeptical about their ability to use Trello -- is very pleased and have even begun making their own boards! The use of Trello has cut down our meetings from hours to a bi-weekly stand-up call of 15 minutes.

Pros

Trello gives you great planner options on its FREE version, which is a fantastic value. Other products have free versions that are either barely functional, or have a limited time during which you can use the free version. Trello does not.

Cons

Honestly, there is really nothing that I dislike about this software. The only thing that comes close (and is not really a "con") is that there is a slight learning curve in order to leverage many of the extra features. The joy of this is that you can still use Trello with great functionality and never really miss these extra features such as the Butlers or Powerups

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello offers a FREE planner in a Kanban format. The features that you can use in the free version are significant, to include several board as well as some team collaboration options. One of the most useful tools that Trello has is the Microsoft Outlook add-in that allows you to add emails as cards (or tasks) in the system with all of the detail from the email. Directly from Outlook, you can create or update a card, choose the board or list on which to place it, and set the due date. My team was able to get up to speed on it fairly quickly and now we are all using it.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Planner's integration with Outlook was (curiously enough) awkward. Asana's add-in for Outlook was not as good as that of Trello.

Cielle from Stepping into Freedom

I am getting so much more done

It was definitely worth the learning curve to figure out the best way for me to use Trello. And it really wasn't all that hard. I had to watch a few tutorials. Plus, because the software is so flexible. even when I made a few mistakes in setting up my first projects, I could easily restructure things within the setup. In other words, I didn't have to start over, I could simply change things as I went forward and noticed the need. This is great because with complex projects, even now that I know the software better, as project needs change, with Trello I can easily modify the tracking system I set up.

Pros

Trello's software is very flexible. I can set it up to meet my needs and tailor it to the way I tend to track workflow. Whether a project is big or small, I can easily track the next step or steps needed to be completed to move the project forward. And it offers a simple way to see at a glance all the projects I am currently working on.

Cons

Because the software is so flexible and open-ended, it took me a while to understand how to use it. I had been using a different project managing software before Trello. It was much less flexible and as a result, easy to implement "out of the box ". But I quickly ran into its limits. With Trello, it feels like there are no limits but at the same time it took me longer to figure out how to use it."

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The Trello system is extremely flexible in how I set up my organization workflow and it more matches my intuitive sense of how I track things from inception to completion.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 18,913 reviews