• Pros

• "I really like the user interface of this software. It's easy to navigate the log in and toggle between my students. As a parent, I find the information is presented in an intuitive format."

• " This is a great way to keep track of all the students information from home life to attendence. This keeps track of all the information and is very easy to add and locate everything you need. "

• "Easy to access grades from any device, and view school announcements."

• Cons

• "When we used IC to track grades, it didn't work well for us at the elementary level. Since we don't use that anymore, I have no complaints!"

• "Infinite Campus can be so overwhelming for new staff. So many different features and things that can be done with ease of use being a little tough for staff. "

• "I wish the platform had more opportunities for notes/communications within the platform. Being able to email a teacher directly from the grade report would be tremendous."

Browse Infinite Campus Reviews

Deanna from Self-employed

Best School Software

I am a teacher and I love this program. It is by far my favorite program to use as an online grade book. It would be nice if you could attach assignments, but overall, it is great.

Pros

I love the layout, design and functionality of this program. Like most programs, it does take some time to learn it, but it is worth it and very much worth the time to review everything that it can do to make you and your students' lives easier. With some practice, it is easy to navigate, especially after you have invested the time it takes to set up all of your classes. Using it on a daily basis is the easy part, you just have to make sure you fully understand how to use it first (like with everything in life).

Cons

At first, it takes some time to learn/remember all the details in order to set up your classes the best way for you and your students.

Michael from Education Management

Infinite Campus Enough Said!

I have had an enjoyable experience using Infinite Campus. When I worked for the school system, this software made it easier to find a student and pinpoint a student's struggle. I would recommend this software for anyone in the education field. Highly user-friendly.

Pros

If you ever worked in education, you have at least heard about Infinite Campus. It is easy to find tabs. It has two search bars—one for students and another for tabs. I found the two search bars to be helpful, and it made my job easier. I love the high-risk tab bar that helps you see what students are falling through the crack so that you can help them in a specific topic such as Attendance, grades, and stability.

Cons

I did not have anything negative to say about Infinite Campus, but If I had to be nitpicky, I would say the search bar on finding students. I wish it looked up a student by their first name and gave you more options. You can only search for a student by their last name. I also wish there was a search bar to look up parents and connect them to their student or students.

Donald from William S Hart Union High School Ditrict

Infinite Campus

I have used Infinite Campus as a teacher for six years. While it does a great job of allowing access for parents and students to view their grades, it is clunky and difficult to navigate as a user.

Pros

Can easily enter grades for students for them to be able to see the instant that their score is entered. There is an app for both parents and students to help monitor their grades throughout the year.

Cons

The staff at our school has renamed this program to infinite clicks. It takes a huge amount of clicks with your mouse to get any task done. The interface is not user friendly and many staff members at our school have a difficult time using it.

Aaron from District 49

Infinite Campus Gets the Job Done

Overall, my experience with Infinite Campus has been very positive. Like any major system, there are going to be positives and negatives. Fortunately, with Infinite Campus, the things that it does well are the things that you are interacting with the most.

Pros

What I like most about Infinite Campus is the ease of use for the things I use daily. The lunch and attendance is easy to input. Also, the student contact information is very thorough and set up nicely with all of the information in one easy to access spot. The grading features are also simple and easy for even teachers who struggle with technology.

Cons

The grading features in Infinite Campus are easy to use. However, they can be more time consuming than necessary. Each different subject area is on a different page so it can be time consuming as a teacher with many classes to go through all of them. Another area of need, is the help features. The help features are fairly limited and it ends up being easier to ask a colleague, which adds more time to the process.

Karen from Rockwood School District

Convenient & Helpful Management Tool for Classrooms

By using Infinite Campus, my students and families are able to stay connected and knowledgeable about students' assignments, assessments, and overall progress in my class throughout the year. This is a great resource in which to invest.

Pros

The ease of taking attendance in class and the versatility of gradebook features are definite positives of utilizing this software in your school district. Having an online resource to keep families informed of student progress is important in education.

Cons

When setting up classes and categories for the gradebook features, it is not helpful when I have to enter the categories and same assignments in multiple times to cover several classes. Also, I would recommend that IC make it easy to apply the same settings from 1st semester classes to the 2nd semester classes. This would make the program receive 10 stars from me instead of 8.

suzy from Forsyth Schools

everything in one place!

I love the way that I can look at all kinds kinds student data with just a few clicks!

Pros

With Infinite campus, all of our student info is in one place. I never have to search for IEPS, medical info o allergies, or previous grades. It's all there. I can put in multiple grades at one time, and it's sup easy!

Cons

I wish that I could see student grades for a previous semester on the same page a curren grades. That would enable m to see I their grades are improving or not.

Regina from Kau High and Pahala Elementary School

Infinite Campus Use

This database is a great tool to track students and their progress. We can also look at grades, transcripts, attendance, gpa's. This database is a one stop shop for a student's overall progress and the parent portal is a great tool for parents.

Pros

What I like about this software is its ability to create great reports. It also gives you the ability to store photos on the records. Software is made specifically for educational institutions.

Cons

Navigating can be a bit confusing at times. There are a lot of windows to click on and if you don't write down directions, you will be stuck trying to remember how to get to a particular window.

Jessica from Susie Dasher

Reports are the only drawback

Overall it’s a great system. With a few tweaks it could easily be one of the best systems around.

Pros

This program can be customized to fit school or campus needs. Communication logs, data, and grades can all be stored. It’s also compatible with other programs for uploading students.

Cons

Many of the reports you need are not easily accessible. Somethings require you to go in student by student to check. This is often time consuming.

Works for my school

Overall, it's getting the job done for my daily needs as a teacher. I think parts of it could be more efficient.

Pros

As a teacher, I use Infinite Campus every day. I use the basic features it provides, such as signing myself in and taking my students' attendance. I also use it to access my special education caseload as well as general student information. I like that all of the student information is in one place and that it shows important information, such as student allergies or health conditions, clearly at the top of their profile.

Cons

Some of the features are not intuitive. For example, when I first log in, I'm under "campus tools," and I see "attendence" in a sidebar. However, that is not where I take attendance -- I have to click through to another area and then click on attendance in the sidebar. This isn't immediately obvious and not very efficient.

Lisa from The Taylor Group

So many features!

Overall, this software is a great tool for parents! It eliminates the need for so much paperwork, enables parents to have everything in one place and simplifies school enrollment. Great product!

Pros

It is "one stop shopping" for parents! It allows a parent to pay school fees, get messages, view report cards and retrieve grades. It's a great way to simply their child's school situation.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like. Sometimes it takes a little digging to find information, but I wouldn't consider this a negative.

Anvita from Freelance

Infinite Campus is Informative

Overall my experience with Infinite Campus has been long term and positive. I used it as a student myself for my entire academic career, several times a week, and I absolutely loved that every single assignment or exam grade gets inputted and updated as soon as the teacher logs it in. It was an exciting (and nerve wracking!) time as a student but I remember as soon as the teacher would announce that grades were up, that the energy in the room would change and everyone would go home and log into Infinite Campus and then call each other (back before the days of cell phones and texting that is!). I know that Infinite Campus can bring families together and is a platform where students and families can log in together and figure out what is best for the student. I am happy to see that the students I teach now are having similar experiences and that parents are still involved in checking grades even today, because this is what is best for the child so that they can get any help or motivation that they need before the semester keeps moving along.

Pros

I used infinite campus for many years as a student and I always liked the layout and how my classes were lined up like my schedule so I could go through and check my progress in each one. I loved how the grades were already separated into formative and summative sections, reflecting the way the school graded us. As a very involved and "nerdy" student, I was constantly checking infinite campus and my grades. I liked that I could log in and keep track of my progress as a student any time of the day or night, and that it was always available for me even when I was up late studying and remembered I had a new grade in and was able to check it. I also really liked that this software helps families stay connected. My parents would log in at times to check in on me and I think this software really helps to keep parents in the loop because students at times get scared and avoid looking, or lie about their grades to their parents. Parents having the ability to log in allows for them to keep track of their child's grades and progress in every class and this allows them to support them and provide them with help before it is too late in the semester, and this has ample positive ripple affects.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the layout. I have seen younger students get overwhelmed even though they are eager to check their grades. There are a lot of words on the screen at any time and it can be difficult for a younger student to figure out where to "go" on the page. Older students and perhaps parents/guardians who are not computer savvy may feel overwhelmed by the business of the screen at all times. The software itself is extremely useful but is a bit crowded in terms of user friendliness and the layout. As a tutor I have logged into Infinite Campus with my students and their parents and as a computer savvy person it still takes me a minute to adjust to everything going on the screen. I have had to teach parents and students where to go once I figured it out, and this is what I like least about the software because not everyone is that accustomed to navigating busy and crowded websites.

Infinite Campus is Easy with Awesome Support

I do like this software. The company is very accommodating. They work hard to customize the software for your school. I can't say enough good about the support, which is huge when you are using a software of this complexity.

Pros

The easy of use has got to be my number one. The look of the software is comfortable. Learning curve is slight. If you know student record keeping, you will have no trouble in this software. The user setup is a big plus. You can setup user groups then add the users to that group. No individual settings have to be made. Each user has access to only what their position requires. No worries that someone will mess with areas they are not trained in. The rights setup allows you to choose who can Read Only and who has Write or Delete access. I like the fact that you have the option to have an onsite software administrator. Most of the users never need to contact Infinite Campus support as their issues are resolved locally. Exporting data could not be easier. You can create custom reports and choose to export them into several formats. A BIG pro is the support. Infinite Campus has a support group that will stick with you until your problem is resolved. Their Campus Community link is right in the software, so, if a phone call is not what you want to do, submit a case online or you have access to endless learning documents, videos, or tutorials. If you need more than that, they will come onsite or you can utilize their training center in MN. With so many components in the software, it would take a book to report on it all. This software will meet your needs.

Cons

Reports are always an issue. There is a bit more of a learning curve here than in the other parts of the software. Although, I have used other student records software, IC reporting is probably the easiest to use, but still tedious.

Amanda from McCracken County Public School

A+ for Infinite Campus

My experience with Infinite Campus has been very positive. It is very easy for users to work from any location. The software is easy to use, even for new users. Confidential information has remained confidential. Parents and students use the app to keep up with grades

Pros

Infinite Campus allows me to view and input student information and records remotely. I can work from home, or when traveling to various locations on campus. The software is very easy to use. It also allows parents to access information in real time. Information can easily be transferred from district to district within the state, and from school to school within the district.

Cons

Information does not transfer as easily when students move from another state. There are occassional "glitches" but problems are solved quickly and confidential information has never been compromised.

Bethany from Carroll Community School District

Great way to communicate

Overall, Infinite Campus has been a great tool for communicating with students and caregivers. The ease of use for both the teacher updating grades and information as well as the ease of use for the students and caregivers to access is very helpful.

Pros

With Infinite Campus, parents and caregivers have update access to their child/s grades, lunch account balance, schedule, documents that need to be filed, and many other tools that are helpful. Infinite Campus allows teachers to update grades, flag them as late or missing, and make notes if needed.

Cons

At this current time, I do not feel there are any cons to this software, however, I often feel that a section in which parents can comment or mark that they acknowledged a grade of some sort.

Cindy from SCCSD

Easy Access to Student Info

It's been a great tool for keeping track of the communication I have had with parents.

Pros

As a teacher, I use Infinite Campus to find contact information for students. It's easy to find info on students. Infinite Campus also integrates with other LMS-like programs to make it possible to see student grades, so I can talk with students about missing work in other classes. As a parent, I can easily access grade and behavior reports for my own child.

Cons

It sometimes takes several clicks to get to information that I am trying to find. This might not be typical of Infinite Campus but just an issue in my district.

Martha from Gallatin County Board of Education

Infinite Campus Food Service

We used another system but it never worked with our Student Information System. The numbers of our free/reduced students never matched and we spent hours looking for the problem.

Pros

Interacts with all parts of our Student Information System. User friendly and easy to navigate. Excellent support from the company. Each student has a unique number that is used whenever they come through the line. No one can tell what pay source a student is so it reduces the stigma of being a "free" student.

Cons

Cashiers hit the wrong keys sometimes but this can happen with any system. Students complain because they forget their PIN and it slows down the line.

PATRICIA from Coweta County Schools

I use this as a teacher and a parent. It's truly complete for our needs.

Infinite campus makes my life so much easier, both as a parent and a teacher.

Pros

I love that I am notified as a parent as soon as my children have a grade or an attendance update. As a teacher I love that everything I need is always at my fingertips. My person ID integrates me as both parent and teacher so it's all there. I can use the app on my phone to check on students or my children, as well as using the desktop log-in.

Cons

It can be glitchy with Chrome, and we're a chromebook school. Additionally, it is tedious to look up information on the entire class--addresses and contact information.

Infinite Campus for teachers

My overall experience has been positive. It is easy to take attendance and keep notes on students. I can log in from anywhere as well.

Pros

I love that I can color code my grade book for missing assignments. It really helps me to just take a quick glance and know right away which student is missing what assignment.

Cons

The reporting can be a bit tricky. I feel I have to go through too many steps to get a simple report. Also, if a student gets transferred out of my class their grades do not transfer with them. For this reason I still keep a paper copy of my grades which creates more work for me.

josh from First Presbyterian Day School

Overall, I had a positive experience with Infinite Campus as I learned more about it's features.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use and transfer grade-book settings from year to year as well as the customized grade reporting. While almost every program used for grading or attendance has these features, this system was the most straightforward and intuitive I've used.

Cons

It's gotten better in terms of student/parent interface over the past few years, although I sometimes get frustrated as setting up online assignments from class to class can be tedious. Also, it seems to work better with some web browsers(IE) than others(Chrome).

Kyle from Whitefish School District

Amazing upgrade to our SIS, easy to use and always available

Easy to use, extremely powerful product. Able to combine all of our campus programs into this one piece of software.

Pros

We recently changed from Schoolmaster, which was old and archaic. Infinite campus makes everything extremely easy to find, and combines all aspects of our campus in one easy to use program. This was a familiar product in some aspects as the state uses it already

Cons

This was a huge change from our last SIS, so the training was quite intensive, as was the exporting and importing of data to the new database.

Lissa from Comprehensive Therapy Consultants

Infinite Campus

The program allows information to be available to anyone with access to find information about students that is needed quickly and easily.

Pros

It is easy to use. New employees are able to start using it immediately because it is user friendly. Very helpful to use a program that is web based so work can be done from anywhere. It seems to be a program that can be customized for different school districts' needs.

Cons

There have been times when multiple people are adding information to a document and one person's information is not saved. There's no indication of this until you reopen it later and your stuff is just not there. This may have been fixed as I have not had this happen in a long time. The only other problem is that if I have access to a student for special education, I only have access to their special ed documents, not their schedule or attendance. This could be a feature that my district does though.

Bob from Gering Public Schools

Infinite Campus for a Rural District

We are able to manage students, data, parent contacts, messaging, texting, emergency notifications and many other things with Campus. We are very happy with the product.

Pros

The tools in Campus are intuitive and easy to manage. There are many tools available and this product is quickly becoming the standard in our state and region for student management.

Cons

I really don't have too many complaints about Campus. Our customer support has been solid and we have been happy with the product.

Edith from RSU 40

IC is OK!

Since staff has to have a lot of information available to us about our students, IC is an efficient system to collect and store this critical info.

Pros

IC makes it easy to look up IEPs and check on medical or other flagged details on our students. I can print out information to share with staff and enter assessment info that we can all use.

Good Place for All your Student Information

Overall, this is a good place to keep all records for the school, the ease of use for a new user is difficult and overwhelming at times.

Pros

Good Place to store all student information from households and transferring records to pulling transcripts for students. One good location for all student and staff information.

Patricia from Coweta Co Schools

Great but...

We use it as our student management software--attendance, gradebook, parent contact log, etc.

Pros

I like the ease of the gradebook, the seating charts for attendance, and the ability to tie in local needs.

Cons

I wish we could rotate desks in the seating chart. I wish we could have an option to put in class specific nicknames for students. When only people with admin level can enter nicknames, it's frustrating if a kid prefers to be called a nickname not their first name.

Renee from Bulloch County Schools

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great program

I have had a great experience So far with Infinite Campus. There are a lot of features that our school uses.

Pros

I like being able to use the same program to enter attendance and grades. We are able to use the same program for city and state data as well

Cons

I wish our school had a way to download assignments from Goodle Classroom into Infinite campus so we don’t have to enter grades twice

Reasons for Choosing Infinite Campus

Our school uses this program so I learned it

Cait from education

Infinite Campus

Pros

Infinite campus is great for teachers because it is a one-stop-shop. We use it for behaviors, grades, parent contacts, etc. etc. There are many options to the program.

Cons

This might be how our school uses it - but it is not as user-friendly as I would like it to be. For standards-based grading, it will not calculate the grades for you in the system. You have to manually go through and calculate the final grades.

Erica from LCS

Infinite Campus

Pros

I like that my grade-book, attendance, and behavior management are all in one place. It is easy to run reports many ways and gives you an option to color code grades.

Cons

Sometimes the program can be glitchy. I do not like that I cannot add an assignment to all of my classes at once; I have to add the assignment for each class individually. I wish there were more options to color code the grade book further.

Christina from mchenry west 156

Organization

I use this everyday for the past fours years to keep track of students grades and parent contact. It is very easy to get throught

Pros

Cons

I do not see an cons in this program at all because I use this on a daily base for the past four years.

Amy from Self-Employed

Great way to keep up

Once it is set up, everything is automatic. I can log in, get my children’s grades and schedule and upcoming events in a matter of minutes and but up-to-date. It’s been a great way for me to stay connected with my children’s education.

Pros

I am able to see what assignments my children have turned in, the grades they are receiving, their schedules and even keep up with their school events through the message center. My children can even log in using their login to see messages from teachers and see what is on the calendar and their grades. We can send and receive messages from their teachers.

Cons

You cannot see the student’s grades more than maybe two weeks in the past. So if you miss checking a week or so, you cannot see grades that could be negatively affecting their overall grades.

Amy from North East Metro Intermediate

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

All in one for special educators

Easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

The ease of having all your student documents in one place and bring able to have flags on students profiles for contact, allergies, etc.

Cons

It is hard to copy and paste as it does word spacing things and can glitch in my preferred browser. The document boxes to fill in are not large enough in some documents like pbmp's

Patricia from East Coweta High School

Great Grade book and other student organizer

Pros

The grade book has many flexibilities (unfortunately our central office won't let us use most of them). I like the check to see if we have saved feature. The ability to access transcripts and other student information is beneficial.

Cons

The report options are limited and the send email is not intuitive.

Infinite Campus: a Valuable Tool to be Improved

Pros

I like many of the features - the organization of student information, ability to see teacher reports year by year, etc.

Cons

I think the worst part of the software is the navigation. It isn't laid out intuitively, and the "messenger" piece to communicate with parents is clunky, confusing to use, and could use work.

Infinite Campus

Pros

Infinite Campus is a great attendance tool. It is very easy to use for that function. It also has a grade book and messenger tools.

Cons

Standards-based grading clutters up the report and can be difficult for students and parents to understand how the student is doing in the course. Teaching the usage is very important

Stacy from OIA

It is nice to have so much information in one place.

Pros

I like the special education features and being able to access multiple points of information. Taking attendance is quick and easy.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing when working on certain features and it seems to change often. It seems like there are multiple steps you have to take to get into certain features of IC.

Works well

Pros

You can check in on student behavior and attendance and have an easy way to communicate with parents.

Cons

There are too many ways to do the same thing and this program is not the most user-friendly. It needs a major update, but if you have no other option, this can get the job done.

Jairus from Panera Bread

It allows me to stay on top of my grades.

Pros

I like that it keeps you completely aware of how you're doing in your classes. Also, it let's you see your schedule (planner), assignments, and attendance.

Cons

I don't like that tests, quizzes, homework, and class work have different weight values, which impacts your overall grade.

Branda from Finance of America Reverse LLC

Infinite Campus

I have used this for a few years and I have 3 children, 1 in High School, and 2 in elementary. I can easily view each of my childrens progress within seconds.

Pros

I use this application to view my kids grades, check and add to their food service balances. I can get the teachers information to email if i have a question. Information is updated daily so i can check my kids grades and outstanding work and make sure they stay on top of it. I love this software.

Cons

I have not had an issue as of yet with this software. Everything i personally need is available at the click of a mouse.

Twila from EDUCAUSE

Makes checking in simple

IC is like any other platform: it's only as good as the information that goes in it. When scores aren't updated, the information can be alarming but understanding the timing can help keep parents on top of potential problems before the end of the semester.

Cons

Great for teacher reviews and grading

I love the way that parents are able to see the progress of their students and be able to be informed at their children's progress. This makes it easy for them to communicate with teachers in knowing how to help students be successful at school.

Pros

Easy to communicate with parents how their children are performing in school. Easy way to add grades and give semester averages for students Follows the children's progress through all grades

Cons

Parents sometimes have trouble understanding how the program works The login process can be confusing to parents who have not used the software before

Katie from School District U-46

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great Program

Pros

I like that attendance, behavior tracking, and grading is all in one place.

Cons

The gradebook is a bit limited in what information we can share with students.

Teen Son Using Infinite Campus

I have this app on my phone so I know if there's anything going on with my son's academics, and I do receive alerts. But I can only access the grade book on a desktop computer.

Pros

Infinite Campus sends me alerts whenever my son is late to class or misses an assignment. I can visit grade books for each class and see what homework he's missing and what he still needs to turn in.

Cons

The gradebook is hard to navigate and many teachers don't input the assignments or update the grade book. Sometimes I receive irrelevant push notifications.

Great for school-home comunication! Very informative!

Pros

My daughters school uses Infinite Campus to track attendance, grades, schedules, MAP test results. It is also used for communications with parents. Parents can also see academic information about their child, gifted and talented program, attendance, grades and class schedules, teachers names etc. It is very convenient for international parents, because they are not familiar with USA school system. And most of all it is user-friendly.

Cons

I never had any problem using Infinite Ca

Joshua from District 113

IC as a student

Pros

Easy to access grades from any device, and view school announcements.

Cons

Has shut down many times, including during critical grading periods.

Elizabeth from Rebel Popcorn

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great way to keep track!

I think overall it is very helpful and I am glad that our school uses it.

Pros

This software is fantastic for keeping track of how my kids are doing in school on a daily basis. I find that it is easy to switch between my kids (2) and see their individual assignments. It is also helpful to know which which assignments are missing!

Cons

The app doesn't work as well as the web based software. I have a hard time seeing the individual assignments using the app. I also wish that I could use it to see upcoming assignments.

Khristina from South Western City Schools

Infinite Campus

I love that Infinite Campus allows me and my child the ability to see their grades and school information whenever we want.

Pros

The software allows me view all three of my children’s school information. Using the app I select to receive alerts when my child’s grade changes. It has allowed me to stay on top of how my child is doing in school.

Cons

When a teacher is complaining progress reports, the alerts are constant. It would be great to be able to select the alerts or how often you receive the alerts.

Rebecca from NYC DOE

Staff and Students Enjoy

Great for college, too!

Pros

Infinite Campus is a powerhouse, and for good reason. It allows for both students and staff to access and update the information they need, from grades to student information to behavior history. It also allows for parents to get notifications about their child, which most enjoy receiving.

Cons

Even though it is so comprehensive, we still use different software for things like IEPs and 504 plans (student accommodations). Therefore it is not a total all-in-one.

Leticia M from Amistad High School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good for tracking and storing info

It is easy, easy to update info on profiles, can use it got many other things that are needed for school. Bus schedules etc

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use once you got the hang of it. Profiles could be linked between school and parents. So multiple kids have one parent and they all connected and showed up on their profiles.

Cons

It crashed a lot and everything was online so we always had to have a back up profile printed Incase of it crashing.

October 2015

Kevin from Berea City School District

October 2015

Infinite Campus understands our SIS needs.

Pros

Solid product with a large selection of modules to meet the needs of most districts. Support is responsive and knowledgeable. User group meetings well planned are especially helpful for adopters.

Cons

Custom development can be difficult depending on what you ask for. More can be gained by collaborating with other districts with similar needs.

Landon from Landon Davidson

Keep tabs on grades

Pros

Helps me keep tabs on assignments and grading for my kids.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate and often off line.