EPMX Reviews

4.74 / 5 (46) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 2 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I really like the search function of this program. It is so easy to search through all of our purchases for an item that we have ordered. "

• "The User Interface is one of the best I've seen. Very easy to navigate. Very quick and snappy for being a cloud based program. Great catalog and template that make requisitions very easy to submit."

• "It saves the catalog which makes it easy when sending in equipment for calibration because the serial numbers are saved in the item description"

• Cons

• "I feel that this is a growing software, so we've encountered some issues, but it's always very minimal. It can sometimes be picky on how you enter information, but it's nothing terrible."

• "The canned reports were not that easy to navigate in the beginning but when you take some time to read the help section you can figure out what report will satisfy your needs. "

• "When you have to add a new item when ordering, it gets kinda confusing. "

Browse EPMX Reviews

Brandon D. from Gateway Church

Great PO software

We are finally able to have a cloud based software that allows us to easily track and gain necessary approvals for all PO and accounting needs!

Pros

We love the ease of use with approvals and cataloging. It is a great software that keeps everyone on the same page.

Cons

Sometimes the approvals can be randomized which makes the workflow take longer.

Ilyssa from DMI Contractors, Inc.

Great Program for Purchasing

Bellwether has helped our company tremendously. Over the last few years we have been able to utilize it to help us keep track of our spending like we were never able to before.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and simple to learn and use. My favorite thing about the program is the customer service that you get along with the product. They are always helpful and quick to answer any time I have a questions. They are improving all the time, which is actually a great thing because we've been able to make suggestions and express issues while having it fixed in a timely manner.

Cons

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2019

Ilyssa, Thank you so much for the great endorsement of Bellwether! Kevin Chief

MiKayla from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Bellwether has streamlined our entire purchasing process

Overall it has streamlined our purchasing procedures.

Pros

Easy to keep things organized from requistion to approval to ordering. When we can use punchouts, they are awesome.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to upload a packing list/recipt after an item as been received in the system. Sometimes the "Receive" button gets pushed and there's no way to add a packing slip later. It's also a bit confusing at first to have the REQ numbers not match up with PO numbers - they should be different formats or something, otherwise a requisiton of 010530 might become a PO number of 010555 while a prior requisition becomes PO number 010530. It would also be handy to be able to search the list of POs for a certain vendor or item - as it is, you can sort the columns by vendor and find it that way but a search feature would be great.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2018

Mikayla, Thank you for your endorsement of Bellwether! Kevin CEO

Anoosha from Taashee Linux services

having good experince while using this product

Great CS and response. Great on willingness to hear and work on improvements. Lots of opportunity for further improvement in functionality and use. Decent value for the money however some missing functions keep to close

Pros

it Eliminates our out of control manual purchasing process. No more paper! Gain accountability, tracking, and reporting.

Cons

On the downside, most of the challenges experienced with e-procurement emanate mostly from the supplier and not the company but can have an effect on the procurement process. Training cost may be high. Any time technology is involved there is some level of risk to compromised data. What of a supplier who has for all the years been handling clients on a face-to-face basis? E-procurement will definitely become a challenge but it should not be an excuse to ignore e-procurement software.

Chad from DMI Contractors, Inc

Bellwether Purchasing Software Review

Pros

Cons

There is nothing about this software that I do not like

Ashley from DMI Contractors, Inc

Industry: Machinery

Bellwether Review

It keeps our business running smoothly and allows us to get things purchased in a timely manner.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software.

Cons

When you have to add a new item when ordering, it gets kinda confusing.

Summer from DMI/Mustang Coatings

Great Purchasing System

Pros

Cons

I don't really have any complaints, this program does everything we need.

Megan from DMI Contractors, Inc

Pros

Sending internal notes to our purchaser to let her know specifics without needing it to be on the actual Purchase Order itself helps when setting up welder's to test at a lab and also for having Subcontractors com to perform work. Extra emails are not necessary because of this feature.

Cons

N/A -- This program is far beyond what we were using before (excel spreadsheets) for purchasing.

Tim from Gateway Church

Vendor and Purchase tracking just got easier!

Bellwether software has provided the perspective and tracking needed to define and make purchasing decisions quickly with neccessary accountability.

Pros

The software is simple to navigate with user-definable fields. The catalog function allows tracking various vendor pricing and the Requisition/Purchase Order functions allow approval tracking as well as quick reordering without building from scratch.

Cons

Budget tracking views and departmental information can be difficult for the first few purchase entries but that simplifies after regular use.

Blake from Mustang Coatings, LLC

DMI Contractors Inc Review / Mustang Coatings, LLC

Pros

I am able to specify shelf life requirements for paint purchases

Cons

N/A - This product is exceptional compared to our process for purchasing prior.

Sue from Gateway Church

Great program and Great customer service

Pros

The Bellwether program really helped us to get a handle on our purchase approval process and followup on outstanding orders. It tracks everything from purchase requests to invoices to budgets. The customer service has been stellar - we haven't had to make very many requests but when we do, we get a response very quickly.

Cons

A couple of minor things: I would like to see the progress bar for the status of an order on the Purchase Order screen instead of the Requisition. It would also be helpful to have the Add Item box a different color or somehow differentiate it from the Order Lines section. That has been a point of confusion for some of our users.

Joshua from Gateway Church

Heavy Bellwether User

Lot's of problems are being solved. One centralized place for all purchases makes keeping track of budgets a lot easier.

Pros

Cons

Not really any large cons. Easy to use and solves a lot of problems other software have.

Juan from Silbrico Corp.

Industry: Building Materials

Bellwether Purchasing and Inventory Software

Pros

As a member of an organization with where my main use comes in the form of reviewing orders and looking up archived information, I can tell you I really appreciate the ease in which I can access the files I need.

Cons

No cons. The software meets all my needs

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2018

Juan, Awesome comments on Bellwether! Thank you, Kevin CEO

Steve from Clarke Valve

Industry: Industrial Automation

This was a good choice for our company

Very good experience with Bellwether, and the support has been effective and timely. The cost of the system kept me in budget.

Pros

The software is intuitive, and training employees was very easy. The set up and implementation process was very straight forward, and the Bellwether team very supportive. The automatic approval process from email is helpful, and means you don't have to log in to approve requisitions.

Cons

The report writer is chunky, and finding the right fields can be a challenge

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied September 2019

Steve, Thank for the great endorsement of BPM. We have our new reporting module coming out in the next two months that will make your life easier. Kevin CEO

Phil from Attic Angel Place

December 2015

This product fit our needs well both from capability and price point perspectives

Our organization was looking for a purchasing software package to replace an antiquated and cumbersome excel routine. After viewing a number of available packages at various price points we felt that ePMX would best meet our needs. Our set up included the institution of a part numbering system for repetitive needs and inventory management purposes. We also needed a custom bridge to output from the invoice system in ePMX to another acct'g system we use. Working with ePMX to understand master file setup was easy. Setting up each module took some time but there were no real hitches. Loading data into ePMX went very smoothly. Overall the implementation was done within our time frame. I found ePMX trainers responsive and knowledgeable. The custom bridge we needed worked properly with just a slight bit of tweaking up front. I feel one negative was the length of time it took to develop a punchout for one of our large vendors. This was not just an ePMX issue but also involved that vendor's input. But I felt as though ePMX should have been driving this harder when things got bogged down. Overall I would recommend ePMX to anyone looking for a package with the advertised features. Reporting is easy and quick. Finding information is easy and quick. We are able to manage our purchases and inventory much more effectively using ePMX.

Theresa from La Mer Beachfront Inn

Bellwether is a great product!

Pros

Bellwether is very easy to navigate. This software has helped me easily keep track of orders/PO's. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a great product with great customer service!

Cons

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2018

Theresa, Thank you for the great endorsement for Bellwether!

April 2016

Kelly from Smith Farms Company

April 2016

Customer service is outstanding

I was looking for PO generation software and came upon Bellwether. I scheduled a demo and went through the program with Travis Neville during which time we discussed our needs and how their program would need to be altered to fit those needs. Travis informed me he would speak to his development team and get back to me with changes that would need to be made. A few days later I received an email informing me that, while they could accomplish what I was looking for, perhaps it would be easier and more cost-efficient to try another company he recommended. He was right, the other company is a perfect fit and well within our budget. I really appreciated the candor and wonderful recommendation I received from this company. It appears they have a great system with many really good ideas and it looks very easy to use, it just wasn't exactly what we needed. Travis recognized that and got us on our way. I would count us among very happy customers even though we didn't end up going with their software.

Dana from La Mer Beachfront Inn

Easy to Use Product

This software has given us a streamlined approval process. It has also allowed us to monitor how much of a particular item we are purchasing and track cost increases.

Pros

The requisition and purchasing pieces of this software is very easy for the end user. The administrative side is also easy to navigate. I like that the menu items could be tailor for each user group and only see what is necessary.

Cons

I wish that the window size with in the program could be larger. At times the items descriptions could be difficult see.

Ashley from Dmi Contractors

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple, easy to use software

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. Status updates after submitting requisitions.

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about this software.

Ryan from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Bellwether was easy to set up and easy to use.

Pros

Customer service for Bellwether has been amazing. They were available to help any time we had questions while implementing the software.

Cons

Sometimes I'll place a requisition for something that has already been requested, but since I can't see other people's orders I can't see that I'm duplicating a request that's already been made.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Ryan, Thank you for the perfect rating for Bellwether! Please contact your admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users. Kevin

Binjie from Sharklet Technologies

I can coordinate orders for my team much easier with Bellwether.

Pros

If I ask one of my technicians to place an order, they can do so very quickly and I can approve the order right away.

Cons

As an approver I would like to get updates anytime someone on my team requests an order. I have to periodically check the site to see if any requests have been made.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied February 2018

Binjie, Thank you very much for the 5 star ratings!!! Our support team sent you an email to confirm that email notifications are reaching you so you are aware of the current team request. Kevin

MiKayla from Sharklet Technologies

Bellwether saves me tons of time every single day.

Pros

Bellwether is much easier to navigate than our old system. I used to spend hours on ordering every week and now I find myself only spending minutes out of every day.

Cons

I would like to see a custom notification feature added so I can control alerts about what items need to be approved.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied February 2018

MiKayla Thank you for your comments on how much time Bellwether saves you! Our support team reached out to you to walk you through how you can be notified of pending approvals. Kevin

Kevin from Sharklet

The Bellwether software is the most complete inventory software I've ever used.

Pros

I just started my job at Sharklet and Bellwether has made the transition into my role a lot smoother than I would have imagined. Learning Bellwether was very easy.

Cons

I want to be able to see what everyone at the company has put into the system from the time the requisition is made until it's been received.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied February 2018

Kevin Thank you for very much for the 5 star ratings. Please contact you admin to gain permission to see all requisitions, PO's, and received items. Kevin

Axel from Sharklet

The bellwether software is the best!

Pros

We order from the same vendors most of the time, and bellwether stores all of their information for us so it only takes me a couple minutes to request many items.

Cons

I would like to be able to see what other requisitions have been made by people at my company, rather than just my own requisitions.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Axel, Thank your for the great review for Bellwether. Please contact you admin for permission to see requisitions submitted by other users. Kevin

Nic from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent customer service, quick response time, easy software to navigate.

Pros

Easy transition from our old software, easy to add new vendors and items. Receiving orders is easy and uploading packing slips is very quick.

Cons

I can't see requisitions by other users which sometimes makes it hard to see if something I need to order has already been requested by someone else.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Nic, Thank you for the great endorsement! Please contact your admin. They can change your personal setting to see all requisitions submitted. Kevin

January 2010

Toni from Tel Hai Retirement

January 2010

Bellwether Epmx software

I would recommend this to companies that want to get their spending under control.

Pros

works great for purchasing controls. Great Support staff that are willing to find a way to make a good fit. This is a great tool to help managers realize their budgets.

Cons

Time realization when you are going from no system to utilizing a system...education and ongoing addition time required to make it work. Computer adverse staff will resist.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied May 2010

Bellwether Corp appreciates the challenge for some to convert from their paper purchasing system to a fully integrated SaaS model. Bellwether continues to strive to develop intuitive, user-friendly solutions for those of varying software/computer comfort levels while providing the capabilities needed by its customers.

Brian from Lignetics, Inc.

Awesome Program

This software has been a solid addition to our company. It has taken the place of two to three other programs I was using for various reasons. The customer support has been top notch. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars on features & functionality is because of the inventory nod that is still in development. Once they have added more features to it I would change my 4 to 5 stars with ease.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied October 2016

Bellwether appreciates your comments on BPM. Thank you for your high reviews for Overall Quality, Ease of Use, Customer Support, Feature Functionality, and Value for Money!!!! BPM is our light basic product that provides a lot of functionality for the low price we offer it for. Thanks your for the recommendation!

Angel from La Mer Beachfront Inn

Bellwether rings my bell!

We love Bellwether!

Pros

The navigation throughout the program and it's ease of use is extremely beneficial when preparing a requisition.

Cons

The only "con" that I've experience is the time out feature. If it takes me longer than 10 minutes to prepare a requisition it will not submit and I must start over. This is very rare and I have made sure to promptly enter my items as to not encounter this set back.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2018

Angel, Thank you for the positive endorsement. You may want to ask your admin to extend the time out duration in the system. Thank you, Kevin CEO

Alexei from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Bellwether has sped up our ordering and receiving process tremendously.

Pros

Any time we need something ordered quickly, Bellwether helps us order it immediately without any issues.

Cons

I would like to see a feature added that notes a requisition as high priority, thus alerting those in charge of approving it that such a requisition has been placed.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Alexei! Thank you very much for the praise for Bellwether! Kevin

Debra from Roehl Transport Inc

December 2015

This is a dependable, cost-effective product with many available options to suit business needs.

The software is more intuitive to use than others available. You can choose the modules that fit your needs which also keeps costs down as you don't need to purchase more than what you will need and use. Support and training staff are easy to work with and are willing to do what it takes to get you up and running on the software. As with any purchasing and asset tracking system, it requires users to take the time to enter in the necessary information; this can be a hurdle to personnel using the system when they feel they don't have the time to properly enter in the data. There are some glitches to the lookup features and there needs to be a better way to remove incorrect or bad records.

Preston from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Our ordering process is a lot smoother since we started using Bellwether.

It's much easier to use than our old software and saves me time every day.

Pros

I test a lot of different materials in our lab, so I'm constantly speaking with new vendors looking for the right product. Adding vendors in Bellwether who we've never worked with is really easy.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Preston, Thank you for the awesome review of Bellwether! Kevin

Hanna from Sharklet

Bellwether is making my life way easier!

Pros

Our biology lab is always stocked now that we use Bellwether. My team can bring any requests to me and I'll have the order placed right away.

Cons

I would like to be able to request something as high priority so my boss knows to approve it right away.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Hanna, Thank you for high ratings for Bellwether! Kevin

Wade from Bell Inc

Overall - good

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied October 2016

Bellwether appreciates your comments on BPM. Thank you for your high reviews for Ease of Use and Customer Support!!!! BPM is our light basic product that provides a lot of functionality for the low price we offer it for. We realize it may lack some features that is why we offer EPMX as our robust full featured heavy duty purchasing software. If you need more functionality please check out EPMX.

KAYLA from DMI CONTRACTORS

REVIEW

Pros

What I enjoy most about this software is how easily I can navigate throughout it.

Cons

I have absolutely no negative comments to make.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2019

Kayla, Thank you so much for the praise for Bellwether. Kevin Bellwether Chief

Gina from Betra Manufacturing

My 2 Cents

I think this is a good product overall, I haven't ever used customer support and don't know how much it costs so I can't really rate those, I gave them an average. I gave Features and Functionality only 2 stars as certain fields dropping out (all the time) can be frustrating and time-consuming. I often have to re-enter the supplier name or net terms, not sure why. I also wish the catalog search feature was a little more intuitive.

Jenna from La Mer Beachfront Inn

Pros

As a person who does not use this software every day (I am a secondary user who uses it to occasionally place orders for office supplies and uniforms), I can honestly say that it is very user-friendly.

Cons

There isn't anything that I do not like about this software.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied November 2018

Jenna, Great to hear that you like how user friendly our software is! Thank you, Kevin CEO

Richard from Primal Health, Lp

Great software and Service

I would say this is the best PO and purchasing software I've used. It's great for any size business and I highly recommend it! Support and setup are a breeze and support staff is helpful, knowledgeable and very professional.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the kind endorsement of Bellwether!

Dawn from WSFS Bank

February 2009

Best program for the money. Support is great and people are wonderful.

Best program for the money. Support is great and people are wonderful. Great company to do business with.

Pros

The program has been very dependable and has many option to suit our business. This is easy for users to learn.

Cons

My only issue is I have had to get the IT department to do upgrades. New ePMX will take care of that.

Jodie from Integrated Systems

ePMX works for us

it's low cost, reliable, and works well.

Pros

has punch-out capability reliable runs on UNIX and Windows

Cons

no ability to cut cheques to vendors

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied May 2010

Bellwether's convenient SaaS model integrates with many AP applications enabling you to pay your vendors while working through the ePmx system.

Angela from Sharklet Technologies, Inc.

Keeping our lab stocked with necessary supplies is much easier now that we use Bellwether.

Pros

As an intern, I'm in charge of making sure any supplies we need for experiments are on the shelves and ready to go for the week. Anything I notice we need can be relayed to my supervisor and ordered within minutes.

Response from Bellwether Software

Replied January 2018

Angela, Thank you for recommending Bellwether! Kevin

Timothy from Integrated Systems

ePMX works for us

it's low cost, it works, it doesn't break as software goes what more can one ask for?

Pros

Punch-out capability reliable runs on Linux and Windows (reliable) web based- nothing to deploy on the desktops

Cons

a little sluggish sometimes

Tee from PGCMLS

December 2015

The software is perfect for our needs, meeting all of our desires.

We are going live in the new year. The product meets all the requirements we were looking for. The customer service has been outstanding!

RENEE from STATE OF LOUISIANA

ePMX REVIEW

this enabled us to standardize all the prison systems in LA & allows us to pull reports for any agency at any given time

February 2009

Sean from Proqur Consulting Inc.

February 2009

This product overwhelmingly should be rated "Best in the Industry" for what it provides for its costs.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Robust data warehouse.

Cons

I have not come across any cons to the product as of yet.

Lance from DMI Contractors, Inc.

Bellwether Review

Pros

Easy to navigate. Can usually find items in under a minute

Cons

The interactive tour automatically pops up and doesn't go away when i click the "x" or "close" button.

sonia from DMI Contractors

managing projects

Pros

i have only recently started using the program, I have found that it is easy to manipulate and find items needed.

Cons

the only trouble i have with the program was logging in,