• Pros

• "I love all features of this software. Very easy to use. I had upgraded recently and I like the new chages."

• "this software was easy to navigate and the layout was not overwhelming but clean and simple."

• "The ease of use and customer service are great. "

• Cons

• "Links are sometimes difficult to open but overall ok "

• "Navigating the back side. It is fine once you are trained how to utilize the system but if you come in after implementation as a manager, the hunt and find method is very difficult. "

• "There are a few, small ways in which I wish the program was more customizable, however, none of them have been crucial. "

Browse ImproMed Reviews

Kerrie from Community Care Veterinary Clinic

Impromed

Overall good. Its overall keeping tract of our clients patients medical records.

Pros

It's easy to keep track and answer our clients questions with improMed. I also use lab screen and other templets that can ease my documents on our patience. Its also nice to have the emailing features so I can get the information to our clients immediately.

Cons

The inventory and product side of this software is complicated. I also wish it will tell me where I'm at with needing to reorder our inventory. The Templates with prescription labels and reminders we seem to always need a IT person to help us. IT help can sometimes not followup with us when we need something not as immediate can be pushed aside and not followup. Transactions take a long time with the credit cards.

Response from Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions

Replied March 2019

Thanks for reaching our and sending your feedback, Kerrie! We agree that ImproMed provides a lot of great, easy to use features that make it easier to run your business. While inventory can be complicated to get in to a rhythm, we have a great Training Team that knows the best practices and is here to help. In fact, we did a webinar focused specifically on inventory. We would love to put you in touch with a Trainer who can help you and the team sort out some of these areas. If you're interested in learning more, reach out to us at the email mentioned below. If you ever have questions or additional feedback we'd love to hear it! Email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Shawna from Mulberry Grove Animal Hospital

ImproMed

Pros

It has a nice layout, self explanatory.

Cons

To start with the transition from Avimark to ImproMed was a mess- our server arrived without all the necessary information which required our trainer to focus on that during a time we were to receive training. Lab equipment has not communicated with software consistently since the install which was 4/2018. As you can imagine learning a new system when you did not have the appropriate time to be trained can be difficult- their customer support WAS really bad during that time, it has gotten better but I have also had to figure out so much using youtube that I really just do not call them unless I have to. There is no spell check as you go along, you have to type then check it. It refreshes but bumps you out of where you were looking so you have to start all over again. Every now and then it will glitch and bump the date along the right lower side of the screen back to 1900 - so as you are trying to look up soaps and medical records there isn't anything there. Low qty items do not auto populate to the want list. Inventory is not easy to understand and it is easy to make mistakes that throw off your counts. Intelligent inventory was exciting but I was talked out of that by an ImproMed support person so... the spreadsheet is a mess to try and use- very easy to make a mistake for price increases.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

The boss felt the transition would be easier with ImproMed since they were both made by the same company.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

We wanted to make the clinic run more efficiently.

June 2016

Sheldon from Kalona Veterinary Clinic, PC

June 2016

Not listening

We are a busy 2 person mixed practice with a lot of inventory dispensing. We have been using Infinity for about 7 years. The support is really not what is used to be. They do not get back to us. And we are paying a high quarterly fee for that support. The label program and the search communications is too complicated for the average person to use. You have to call and get help for that, and they seldom "get" what you want. The program takes way too many steps to complete the simplest tasks. A good program allows a good computer literate person to "enter" or tab through screens. With this program, you always are reaching for the mouse, which doubles the time of date entry. Most of the drop down or view screens are not customizable. They are a small window, with lots of non-necessary columns and the only way to view them all, is to go to the mouse, slide the bottom bar, or narrow the columns like an excel format, until you see what you really want. I have made these suggestions since the program came out, and nothing has been done. There is little that is efficient with this program.

Pros

Lots of reports. But, again, they need to understand what the owner of a practice needs to evaluate and put that in a report that helps, graph and compare categories, trends, product usage for the past 5 years, without exporting to excel. When I complain about that, they just are proud of the fact that you can export to excel. But my time is valuable. Make it work in infinity.

Cons

See my experience, and also, Inventory. They need to get with MWI and get a seamless way to load inventory. I know Infinity is owned by Schein, but I am not, and they need to get over it, and help the customer that can only source what they need from MWI and allow downloading of orders into the system. We need predictive inventory. It takes too much time to view product, look at the usage by month (which is a very nice feature). We have over 2,000 products (inventory) and it would take forever to set the repurchase levels. Plus, in our large animal practice, products are seasonal. Let the program predict what I need to order based on past usage, so my staff can quickly select the quantity to reorder, and let the order go to MWI through Infinity.

kaleen from gaithersburg animal hospital

14 years and counting

Many forms we can now do on the computer and print out for the client.

Pros

This software is user friendly, much more advanced than what we had, one click away for many different procedures

Cons

The appointment scheduler would be better if the designer had an actual job making appointments

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

The look of the different pages was easy to read and understand, only 1 click to get to more information, less time with support

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Upgrade, more ways to do jobs that used to take forever, easy to use reports. Convenient ways to do product comparisons and track sales

Cleva from Animal Medical Center of Greeneville

ImproMed Review

Pros

We no longer use ImproMed due to NVA using AVImark. We used it for 6 years and once we became comfortable with the system, everyone enjoyed using it. We liked the ability to upload photos into the dental record. At the time we were able to upload pet photos for their reminder cards. The clients really enjoyed receiving their pet's photo on the reminder card.

Cons

Creating forms could sometimes be a challenge.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

I was unable to speak with a sales person at Cornerstone at the time we were needing to increase our workstation numbers. There was a lady who informed me since I was a current user, I was not able to speak with a sales person. I explained we were increasing workstation numbers from 5 to at least 20, we were interested in the Whiteboard and tablets. I wanted to speak with someone who could ensure I was making the correct decisions so a we grew, we would be able to add more equipment with minimal obstacles. She would not comply, so I was introduced to ImproMed. A sales rep came to meet with me and we were sold on ImproMed.

Paula from Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Impromed versatility and user friendly

Very helpful for non serious issues but sometimes scheduling an analyst to address major issues must be determined on the availability on their schedule. (this usually is addressed quickly) but I must still wait for a callback.

Pros

The Technical support is excellent! I have used other software systems and knew what I needed this system to do. Technical support help train me on this system and was extremely patient and helpful when I had question about a function

Cons

My biggest concern would be a diet link that would let us view the diets only on a tab. This is not available right now on this version but would be extremely helpful in a patients history search.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

I was not employed here when Impromed purchase.

Julie from Walnut Creek Veterinary Hospital

Impromed Review

Customer service used to be awful and I was ALWAYS on the phone with them, spent more time on hold than actually speaking to someone. It has gotten better, not awesome but better.

Pros

Easy to train new employees. Still some troubles integrating with softwares

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

It seemed more user friendly than others with a few more options.

Marj from Edenwood Vet Clinic

ImproMed

Pros

This software has the capabilities to do just about everything

Cons

This software has the capabilities to do just about everything but you have to figure out how to do it and there are many steps to everything

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Patterson had just purchased IntraVet and when the upgrade 5.0 came out, it was a disaster.

Kristen from West Coast Equine medicine

Industry: Veterinary

Could be a great product, but has some issues

Pros

Overall the layout is good and easy to learn and is in a logical place. Invoices are easy to create and there is a decent selection of reports to choose from.

Cons

Patients with split billing are a nightmare. On statements, charges for split billed patients are listed in a very confusing way and it doesnt' list what percentage each owner gets billed for. Our clients complain all the time and don't understand what they are being charged for. also, if there is a revision that needs to be made, the next statement doesn't give details on what was changed or what horse it was for, it just shows misc charges/credits at the end of the statement. Not helpful at all!! Syncing laptops to the server take forever!!! The usual sync takes about 1.5 hours and sometimes more. Yes we do the document sync, but I don't know why it has to copy every single file every single time. It needs to just copy over the new items and skip everything that it already has. The report selection, while decent, could be better. There should be more options to choose from for each report. Mobile units cannot add new cities or other certain new info into the database. clients out in the field cannot get a receipt with their full correct address until after the info has been added through the office server. It just looks tacky and is a waste of our time to have to go back and revise things. After almost every "update" there is at least one computer that has a problem. Something always seems to go wrong and I have to pull the computer from the field so my vet has no computer to work from for an additional day.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

unreliable product and needed more modern software options

Jana from Turkey Creek Animal Hospital

Needs Attention

Impromed gets the job done. I feel like it could be easier done, but at the end of the day, it gets the job done.

Pros

I like that there are several different ways to achieve one task.

Cons

It is very difficult to get customer support in the moment. It generally takes days to weeks to resolve any one issue we are having.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

I didn't make this decision.

Nancy from Brinker Veterinary Hospital

Overall great product

Excellent. Since our upgrade (video lessons were sent) I have sometimes had 2 or 3 questions per day, the support staff is quick to get back to me if they are not immediately available, and always very pleasant. We have also had some integrations that have gone smoothly with their help.

Pros

We have been using this product for over 10 years now. We have always been happy with the easy of maintenance, and use. We recently updated to the newer version of the program and are still getting used to the changes. There is a lot more security, as an owner I appreciate this. We do use the appointment scheduler and one of the upgrades now helps to prevent two people from scheduling appointments at the same time.

Cons

I think the easytime appointment scheduler has been the most difficult to adapt to, it is difficult to look quickly for an available time slot, because it does not give you a view of entire day. We used to use current invoices tab to help locate clients coming to pick up meds. Unfortunately it is alphabetized by owners first name not their last, and if a spouse picks up it makes it more difficult to locate for billing out.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Better value for the money

Sanjay from Apple Valley Vet Clinic

In house vs Mobile versions

They have been trying to get the mobile edition to appear similar to the non-mobile but still not finished. I'm going to try a different way to use the program and see if that helps.

Pros

When I bought the practice, there was DOS version of the software which was difficult to use in a windows generation. When we upgraded to the windows version, there is multiple ways to do each task which helps various employees to do their work in their learning style.

Cons

The mobile addition is supposed to run the same as the regular version but after a week of using it, there has been numberous problems using it. Unsure if it would work better if didn't need to sync with my other brick molar practice version that has been operating during the day with the associates seeing patients or if both used the same database. The problems are: the program not loading modules the same, giving the blue "circle of death" constantly, delayed opening of screens and kicking out of the program during operation. The other problem is the customer support: if you get someone it helps but if you need them to call back due to long wait times, they won't call back until the next day. IF YOU CAN, STAY ON THE PHONE LINE! Otherwise they don't consider you a priority anymore = "squeaky wheel gets the oil". When it comes to DICOM integration, it took over 4 months to get medical records to list the images and I still don't think the actual images come up in the rooms, but COVID made that unnecessary for now.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Previous DOS version and seeing the windows version at state convention which the previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] refused to upgrade since he refused to spend money on anything!

Whitney from Pouncey Tract Veterinary Hospital

Impromed has changed in the last 5 years

The customer service use to be top notch but about 5 years ago it started to go extremely down hill. The hold time of 30+ minutes is ridiculous. Often times I get a new IT person who admits to me they do not know what they are doing but have to go thru 45 minutes of steps in order to transfer me to someone else. We purchased a new server in November 2018 and it took 3 months to get it running including sending it back twice for harddrive issues. We were without all computers and lost business for 48 hours and impromed did nothing to compensate instead insisted we were the only hospital that ever had this issue. We pay over 1400 every quarter for IT support and recently had an issue were they told me some of our laptop equipment was not covered but it has never been started in a contract that these items are not covered. I also had an issue with billing and told they could not help me with a workstation issue I was having because we were past due on the bill. It took 30 minutes on the phone and for me to pull up our online banking to prove we paid the bill and Covectrus cleared the check 10 days prior. I have never been so offended and disappointed in a once good honest helpful company. Because of these issue we are seriously considering changing. IT is a huge issue and for a clinic we rely heavily on computers and also a company to help us when there are issues and not waste our time.

Pros

Software is overall reliable and easy to use. We have a decent size database and as of recently have not noticed any Issues with speed of processing records. Being 100% paperless it is decent medical keeping but there are some integrations I think could be improved on.

Cons

Integration of lab into soap/medical records. Lag time of processing credit cards and researching past products/invoice purchases. Lack of ability to integrate our X-ray software (eFilm) into impromed

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Have been with impromed since at least 1998 (at previous hospital before building new practice in 06) and honestly can not remember the products we researched at that time. I am looking into other products not related to Covectrus because we are so upset over customer service, billing, and IT help.

Kris from Trusty Vet Research Park

Impromed User since 2012

From preinstall preparation to use over the past 8+ years, we have been pretty happy with Impromed. You have some of the nicest tech support people and it's a pleasure to work with them. Since this was a new practice, we had no database conversion to deal with thankfully!

Pros

Generally very intuitive to use. The financial reports generated are great to use. (now if I could get the team to balance at the end of day, I'd be doing good!)

Cons

The Inventory Module needs serious revamping: The out of stock bin in the inventory module is a waste of time as it affects the total inventory value and you have to go digging to find the issue. The Inventory Category report needs to be accessible at any time after the close of the month. Currently if you miss printing it you're out of luck. Everything else seems to be date dependent...not Inventory. Also needs a count sheet for when performing a large scale inventory count without killing a ton of trees. Not everyone has a bar code reader ( or needs one) but there's not a count sheet that doesn't include it. Also there needs to be a way to "hide" products no longer in use or in the hospital so that you are only looking at active inventory in ALL THE REPORTS. I can go on, but you get the idea

cost, etc

Thomas from Clinque Veterinaire S marcil Inc

Infinity Software

I found the support team excellent over the years to handle problems and the development team listens to our concerns and when a patches or an upgrade comes it usually addresses those concerns. From the sales team to support teams they really do their best to help you get the right software for your clinic and resolve any issues.

Pros

The software Infinity is excellent, it takes the average new employee about 2 month to get comfortable using the software after training and has to be supervised because there is so much for the employee to learn ,especially employees working reception and inventory. Their service and support team are excellent they handle trouble issues quickly are extremely polite and professional. The senior support team are very knowledgeable and are your back up in real problem solving issues that might arise. Of all the software we have tried over the past 43 years. this is the best on the market. As an administrator this software does it all that I need to run a company successfully . I hope this helps you on your decision on the software to use for you Clinic or Hospital. Take care Thomas Fleming GM, CVDSM Inc.

Cons

Training time to teach a new employee to grasp all the different features but once trained they seem to catch on to the routine. A manager I need reports and they have many to choose from but when I have a staff meeting and need simple graphs showing how we are doing not available. As a manager when software upgrades come it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 hrs to install the software in the practice and you have to become very knowledgeable and comfortable to install this on off hour with their support team.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

I found that Infinity did more and was more professional software to handle all our needs.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

To many problems and poor support

Fredrik from Bear Creek Veterinary Care

Veterinary support software, good but room to become great!

We are happy with the software, but it's mostly because there is no better competition. The top competitors have some things better, but other things not so good. Would recommend this software to any medium or large size practice. Suggestion for new feature would also be a id card login system, so that with computers in each exam room, the computer is locked when the tech is leaving the room and fast and secure to login when the tech or doctor is back.

Pros

This is a software with many good functions, integrations with multiple other systems such as Idexx etc. We have customized "vetnotes" and start to see positive effects in our hospital due to this. Easy Time works well and medical records is also well functioning.

Cons

One important thing with a practice software is to be able to set reminders for different users. So you can have "call backs" or tasks that needs to be done set to individual users or groups. Now there is on list that can't be customized at all for a regular 3 doctor practice use. "Easy Time" is a good tool, but setting up a booking calendar that for instance have color coding in the background for different use of the time slot, for instance annual, nurse or problem appointment slot is very hard to setup. Would be great with a template that you could import for a standard week and make minor adjustments as needed, now you have to set up each block for each column induvidually, can only select day, week or month for one slot... Very time consuming. Also, we use the plug in reminder system to be able to have clients book certain appointments directly online etc. which is great, but the system is not very flexible. Lot's more to ask about there when it comes to control of number of annuals per day, etc. The software is very sensitive to network connections. We tried to use laptops for portability, but even with a Sonic Wifi system, we couldn't maintain a good enough wifi in our building to not have any interuptions, which means that you have to close the software and open up, login and open up every module again. Would be great with a standard set of modules opened up automatically depending on what user logs in.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Price and at the time Impromed was owned by a smaller company, now it a big corporation as well as Idexx which is normally no good for us small businesses. We will see how this goes.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

We used Intravet and their customer service became unavailable and the updates further and further out from each other. Changed to VIA and their support was better, but not available enough to even get the basic functions up running smooth... We then changed over to Infinity and support was good, after a while new [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came around and the support disappeared for a while and started to come back when it now is sold again and most of the time you get a ticket that they will come back to you when they have time to work on it, which is very painful when you feel that it's minor thing that you should have help with right away. All staff is professional and helpful, but many of them too new at the job so they always have to talk to more senior staff members to solve the problem.

Brandy from Brush Run Veterinary Clinic

Versatile Program w/ Some Kinks

When we first chose to get Impromed in 2016, the customer support was fantastic. This was a huge factor in our choosing this product over others, because as a new user we knew we would have some hiccups. Since then, the support has gone downhill quite a bit, especially in terms of consistency. Sometimes when you call in, you get an excellent technician who knows exactly what you need and helps you quickly and efficiently. Other times the person fumbles about and you can tell that they just aren't as knowledgeable, which often leads to frustration for the customer and the technician needing to escalate the problem, which does not lead to an immediate transfer but instead to someone having to call you back (which can be difficult in a busy practice). This would certainly be understandable if it was a really complicated issue, but sometimes I know what needs to happen (I'm just not personally skilled enough in I.T. to do it) and the person just doesn't even know as much as I do.

Pros

I love that it's very user friendly for daily users on the front end. Adding items to medical records and invoicing are very easy aspects of the program. I also like how customizable everything is.

Cons

Because of how much the program can do, some of the more advanced functions of the program and the setup options can be confusing. There are also some very basic kinks that could be worked out, but I'm not sure that those items are on Impromed's agenda. Overall, those few things don't hinder our overall use of the program.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Cornerstone didn't respond to me when I reached out for a demo. AviMark and IntraVet didn't seem as advanced or capable as Impromed (demos left something to be desired - I have since used AviMark elsewhere and found it to be a capable program, but with its own limitations, and I prefer Impromed still even after learning AviMark). I liked IDEXX Neo, but it was just in its infancy as a program and I didn't want to be one of the first users of a program that was so important to our practice. I loved VIA and it was the runner up because it was so user friendly and visually appealing. In the end Impromed won out because I had heard that VIA didn't have the best customer support and that people who had the software would often have to leave messages and wait a week or more to hear back, which seemed scary to me as a new user and someone who would likely need a lot of support initially. I'm not sure if that was accurate or not (or what their support is like now), but that concerned me enough to choose Impromed (our old program was also an Impromed product, so I was very familiar with the support and really liked how helpful they were at the time).

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

DVM Manager was no longer being updated and we needed a more robust program with comprehensive electronic medical record capability.

Julie from Iowa Veterinary Specialties

Employee Friendly

We are close to 85% paperless in our Emergency department and this has made a huge difference in the details. The information is retrievable and very easily accessed saving time and money. Would not consider changing systems. Use is so easy and understandable that you can onboard new hires with ease.

Pros

Impromed is one of the easiest software to use. We put it in place and began usage back in 1990(?) before paperless was even a thought. The software has been enhanced but has not changed in any major way since we started. It's ease of use has remained constant. Upgrades have been consistent with the needs of the time. We have very few things we want it to do that has not yet been achieved. Constant Quality Improvement continues throughout the 30 plus years we have used this software with excellent customer support. The Medical Records and Invoicing modules are better than most. The Intelligent Inventory has made keeping track of inventory much easier, invaluable.

Cons

We started so long ago that any computer system would have been cumbersome. The ease with which we can train our ever- evolving staff saves both time and expense. We run across minor things over time that we would like to have included and give this information to Impromed who may or may not include in future updates. We do have difficulty emailing from Impromed at times but overall there is very little that we are displeased with.

Cost and ease of use.

Joanne from Applewood Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Good software suffers from poor support

This is a good software that could be great if the company actually listened to its customers and implemented suggested changes. When I recommend it to others I do so with an asterisk that customer service is lacking.

Pros

Generally easy to use, often offers multiple ways of performing a function which is nice as people have different ways of learning and working. There are some functions that we kind of take for granted but that help us run more efficiently such as the Recents Lists and Quick Search.

Cons

Software support is the worst! Since we're on the west coast chat support is often closed when we need them. When I call their first response is to want to login and do/fix what I'm asking about, which of course is quicker for them but does nothing to help me learn how to do it myself so I don't have to contact them next time the question arises. Support is very spotty: some techs are great, others do not have adquate knowledge of the product. There are multiple issues within the software that it seems would be relatively easy to fix but the feeling seems to be "it's always been like that" and so they're not fixed. Issues that impede efficiency (for example, having to get completely out of a report screen just to change the dates on the report, instead of offering a back button so all data doesn't have to be input again). In some cases it feels like something was done because it was easy from a coding perspective but in actual usage it is very inelegant. But when these are pointed out it is typically met with a shrug and the aforementioned "that's just the way it is" attitude. Change is excruciatingly slow. The last update ruined our ability to easily ascertain how many new clients we've gotten within any given time frame, which is a critical metric for our continued growth, and the problem has been acknowledged but as far as I know nothing has been done to correct it. Communication in this regard is also lacking.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Preferred some of ImproMed's security measures over others.

Angie from Gentle Doctor Animal Hospitals

Multi-practice user

As a multi-practice location we would be lost without the ability to have on central client database to use at all of our locations.

Pros

I like all of the integrations with this software. The software is updated on a regular basis. The ability to customize the features of the dashboard to each user or group.

Cons

We do have more needs for multi-business features. There are some items on our wish list for the inventory module.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Clean appearance of the modules. Custom desktops. Ease of use. Multi-business abilities within the same program.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Our needs had long outgrown what the software could provide.

Allen from Sebring Animal Hospital

Impromed Practice Management Software

We began using computers in our practice in the early 1980's. Of the ones being promoted at that time we were most impressed by the features and people behind the system called CompCare, developed by Dr. Dave Allard and Dr. Kent Kruse. Since then we have watched our practice management software evolve and grow not only with our practice but with current technology and current trends in operating a busy veterinary practice. As in our earliest days of introducing a computer as a tool for keeping track of day to day duties and tasks, even today, one of the best advantages of using ImproMed software is the excellent support that we receive from the many technicians that are available either a click or phone call away. We have become so dependent on our practice management software, having such a dedicated team to turn too when problems arise is an extremely valuable resource.

Pros

We have been with ImproMed since it began and our computer use has evolved along with each change and enhancement with regards to both software and hardware. ImproMed is used extensively throughout our practice and is extremely helpful in tracking everything that we do from appointment scheduling, patient management and record keeping to financial management, accounting and employees.

Cons

The medical records portion of the software has been a recent challenge to us, but one that we are currently learning and slowly becoming more familiar with. Although we have had the capability of using this feature over the years, we had opted to continue keeping hand written charts on all of our patients. Now that we are seeing the need to fully utilize this feature, the least liked thing is the extensive time required to key in all the notes. ImproMed has come so far over the years, we are longing for the day when it will be able to read our minds thus making this task much more effortless!

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Allen, thank you for your detailed feedback. It's always great to get specifics on how we're hitting the mark, and where users see room for improvement. We're honored to have you as a customer since the beginning.

Riki from Newtown Vet Hospital

Impromed

Overall it was wonderful. Towards the end it was hard to use but that was because our hardware was extremely old and we couldn't update to the newest version without buying all new hardware which the practice owner couldn't afford to do. BUT that said, the functionality we had was great.

Pros

Just to start - Our practice USED to use Impromed Infinity - in 2016 we changed to Cornerstone due to budgetary concerns of our practice owner. That said, I miss infinity. It was so much easier to use, I hate having to tab through Cornerstone for everything. Infinity had a written script option, I could (with password protection) change invoices from one doctor to another, we could do year over year by month reports of inventory. The boarding module was spectacular, I feel like with CS I am back in the stone age. I loved it.

Cons

The only thing I can remember having issues with, was some of the reporting functions that the owner wanted. Client retention etc. But otherwise the modules were great. I also absolutely loved the message center - I am in charge of client billing and that is where I stored all of my notes on the different issues I had.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

better functions and modules. It could do more than any of the others at that time.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

At that time, Infinity had much more funtionality than the other software we looked at which was Cornerstone, DVMax, Intravet and I forget the other.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Riki! First off, we miss you too! It sounds like your team utilized a lot of the great features within ImproMed. You'll be happy to know we improved our reporting, and continue to improve, especially around client retention. We also now offer a patient recapture program that brings back lapsed patients-- and practices are only charged upon performance, AKA when patients come back. Talk about a game-changer. Give us a call, we'll be happy to have you back. We want you to be part of the new Covetrus family! All the best!

MaryKay from veterinary

Impromed

Overall a good medical software but could use some improvement with support.

Pros

Easy to use and is great for detailed medical records.

Cons

Took years to find out why it was slowing down at the top of the hours. Was sure it was because of their hourly backup and it was but was always told by support that it was some other reason. Was very difficult getting support that new the software that was able to find the backup issue and fix it.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Other practices in the are used Impromed and was able to see it working before purchasing

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Too many issues with that software. Harder to use.

laura from Animal Care Center

Impromed for Dummies

Reports are great and easy. Our inventory control is reliable and it is easy to spot problems. Client communication is improved.

Pros

I purchased this software with the intent of going paperless for medical records and at the time Impromed was the best one available for this - it has the capability of doing do much stuff that we would use every day. The common reports available are easy to access and if there is a report or a search that we would like to do, impromed comes up with a search that works for us. Inventory management is complex but once mastered is a tremendously powerful tool.

Cons

Whenever we have a windows 10 update (not optional as to time or place) come through, it tends to either crash our server or cause problems with all of our printers and other connections. Other than that, we rarely have issues with the software.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Again, impromed had better inventory capability and better paperless capability

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

At the time DVMax was cumbersome and the inventory capabilities were minimal

Patty from Equine Veterinary Associates

Industry: Veterinary

Great software for our practice!

I am very pleased that we chose Impromed. From installation and initial training to ongoing technician help, it has been a great experience.

Pros

This software is easy to use. When it was first installed there was a rather steep learning curve for us since no one in the office had used it - but it was worth it! There is so much included in the program to make day to day tasks easier and the program is always getting better with the upgrades. The Inventory Module is one of my favorite. It is also nice that there are different ways to through the system depending on the task. The help desk is fantastic! When I call in with a question or problem it is usually handled with the first phone call. I believe the best experience I had was when the computer had a hard shut down (due to my error!). It happened at night, but Impromed had us up and running using the back up by mid-morning the next day! The technicians are very helpful and polite. I am very pleased with ImproMed.

Cons

A better inter-office chat system would be nice. Also, I find that the Communication/Search module is a bit cumbersome. Lastly, I seldom find what I am looking for when using the Help - Contents/Index/Search section.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

DVM Manager was no longer going to be supported and we were wanting a program that was easier to use and more integrated with the internet.

Xochitl from Valley of the Moon Veterinary Hospital

Happy with Impromed

More user friendly than any other software I’ve used. Tech support is most always friendly and helpful which is also better service than other softwares we’ve used.

Pros

Ease of use makes it easier to train new people and access new features when upgrades occur. Looks nice as well.

Cons

Unexplainable glitches that can interfere with daily routine but are not explained by tech support. For example, if the computer refreshes while someone is selecting a patient’s file it defaults to the previous patient, thus charges and records get put under the wrong pet. Time is lost having to re-enter everything.

Cost

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Not happy with tech support services and hard to use new features without being shown several times how they work. Also being told different things about the same problem from different tech support people

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your feedback, Xochitl!

Shanna from Red Bluff Pet Resort

We Love Impromed

We have used ImproMed for about 7 years. We switched to the program from KennelSuite, which did not have enough features to manage all of the services we offer (boarding, grooming, training, group play). Overall it's been a great experience and the program meets our needs.

Pros

We are a pet resort, rather than a vet clinic, so our needs are different. We were able to customize the program to meet our needs and we find it very versitile.

Cons

I wish ImproMed would update some of the features to be more boarding friendly (better tasks and reporting options for feeding, medication, and play times). Customer service has suffered since they were bought out by Covetrus. I used to call and get someone immediately who was knowledgeable and could help me. Now every time I call I get someone who does what I've already done to try and solve the issue. Then I get bumped up to a higher level of support and have to wait for a call back. That's my biggest issue right now.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

In addition to a pet resort, we also have two vet clinics. Using ImproMed allowed us to install it at three places so we use the same program. It also did more than the other programs we looked at.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

KennelSuite was not able to handle all of our services (boarding, grooming, training, group play).

Janee from Harmony & Cresco Vet Clinics

Impromed

At first glance it's an exciting software because of what it does offer. Unfortunately the true usage wasn't explored enough before we converted. The sales pitch outweighed our gains. We do believe it has positives but unfortunately we haven't been able to utilize them due to lack of need. Plus support is not always the easiest to reach when needed or they neglect to return and/or follow up on calls.

Pros

We appreciate the complexity of the software even though it doesn't necessarily suit our business. The reporting is good and the level of accountability is good.

Cons

We have encountered issues with billing that seem to be non-intuitive. Removing products from an invoice that was already issued also removes them from the history of the client. Also, this software if way to complex for a small business. Way too many "clicks" to accomplish simple tasks.

Cathe from Montesano & Tallarico, DVM , LLP

Industry: Veterinary

review of impromed software for mobile practice

Overall I like the program, but it is not user friendly. I wish that they could simplify /streamline so that it was not so complicated.

Pros

1. Can work on road with laptop and synchronize when back at office 2. travel sheets 3. lab integration 4. bundles 5. credit card integration

Cons

1. Company never addresses problems that mobile practitioners have with their platform. eg they recently updated software so that images can't be uploaded onto laptop on road and don't open if out of office. So now I have to come back to the office to download images. Tab button doesn't work for weight. names with Apostrophe's put a capital S in the animal database(name). 2. Any forms or certificates with an image shows up as large black box if printed from laptop when out of office.3. Split billing module unusable4. coggins integration module unusable 4. Large animal diagnosis list totally incomplete 5.Too many steps to complete certain functions 6. was told images could be uploaded to improview on cell phone, but it is only the image of the horse in the data base. Not the images in the medical records 7. Images in medical records- only one will show up if printing records . so if there are 4 images, they have to be individually be reentered

problems with syncronizing data

Sarah from NORTH SHORE FAMILY PET HOSPITAL

Colorful and easily customized

I'd give Impromed an 85% overall. Software support could be improved- the persons on the inside support team are nice, but not always able to solve issues & their follow-up is lacking for ongoing issues/tickets.

Pros

Colorful and easily customized. Many ways to accomplish same task- easy to 'click around' and figure things out on your own.

Cons

"Refresh" and "Lock" buttons are right next to each other. Cannot have modules open in quadrant pattern. Not the best credit card integration program- cumbersome & difficult to process returns/refunds. Not the best electronic white board.

easily customized

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear you find ImproMed easy to customize. We have a strong focus on continual improvement within our support organization. I'll be sure to forward your feedback on. All the best!

Robert from Cudahy Veterinary Clinic

Great functionality but....

When Impromed was a stand alone company, things were great. When they were purchased by Henry Schein, they started to decline on technical support and have gone completely into the toilet ever since it became Covetrus. The front line tech support folks need a lot of help. If you are fortunate enough to catch an analyst, life is good... it's just a fight to get to them. Support needs to be more responsive when a practice is not functional because the software is not working as it is supposed to. Having to schedule a support call next week does not help keep a business open at all.

Pros

The software is somewhat intuitive and easy to use. There are many features that we have yet to discovery or figure out how to use. There are some quirks but don't we all?

Cons

It would be really helpful to be able to have a CLIENT record separate from their pet's records. Many communications with clients pertain to all their pets and not just one. Placing notes in the client record would make it easier than entering for each individual pet.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

More important question should be - if I had it to do over again, would I choose Impromed again? Absolutely not. Knowing what we know now, I have to believe another company would likely be more responsive and reliable.

Rachel from Cayuga Veterinary Services

Excellent Product for EMR

I have had excellent customer service with Impromed. I also have been very happy with the software. We almost fully utilize the software and having Impromed as a tool for our hospital has helped streamline and made us more efficient. The financial reports are also very helpful for practice management. I have also been impressed with the updates that the software undergoes to provide improvements to the software.

Pros

This software has been integral in our transition to a paperless medical record system. This software has depth that allows for customization for each hospital's processing. It also has great integration with other systems such as laboratories and payment processing.

Cons

Due to the depth of the software some complexity is expected. This software is not plug and play and for proper use will require a significant time investment to utilize all of the offerings. That being said, you can piecemeal how you utilize the variety of options until you have everything set up for the way your hospital wants to use the software. The training offerings are also helpful in learning about the various modules. I would recommend having a key person who is comfortable with computer software usage to be the key person.

Shannon from McPhillips Animal Hospital

Support staff very helpful

We've been using this software since 2011, and I do appreciate the continued improvements that Impromed makes. We have recently updated to the latest and we are hopeful that any glitches we were experiencing will be solved.

Pros

The support staff has really improved over the years as well. Overall the software has served us well.

Cons

Glitches seem to be an issue. I'd like to be able to search and create reports for more than is accessible.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

I was not involved in the choice at the time. I believe it was for the unique options the software integrated with.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

AVS was outdated and a DOS based system. We have been with Impromed for over 8 years.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Shannon, thank you for providing your feedback!

Brent from Robinson Veterinary Services

Great Software.

Great program. Updates have been helpful and customer service is getting better. Before HS purchased Impromed the customer service was stellar then became poor but now has improved significantly and very helpful. I’m thinking it was a transition thing.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and has so many features that I probably don’t even use most of them but are nice to have the option to use if needed.

Cons

Steep learning curve at first but eventually you recognize there is 5 different ways to do the same thing and you build a routine.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Staff had experience using it and just seemed better than the cornerstone product.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

Needed a more powerful program as the practice grew.

Carrie-Ann from Veterinary Healthcare Associates

Impromed Works

It's a great system to have that can be accessed anywhere in the practice, and there are security features that help ensure overall privacy.

Pros

Impromed is a well-rounded software that helps keep any veterinary practice running smoothly. There are plenty of features and capabilities for your entire organization to work within, share details, and to be able to work cohesively in all areas of the practice. There are training modules that concisely explain all features of the program and everyone on the team is empowered to effectively and efficiently help the clients.

Cons

It can take some getting used to in the beginning and you need to ensure you have the proper servers and bandwidth to run this program - once you have that set up, they sky's the limit.

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear how well ImproMed is working for your practice. Our team is always working on improving the implementation and training process. I've shared your feedback with our Team to ensure it is reviewed. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Debbie from Animal Hospital of Ashwaubenon

Impromed Infinity

Benefits would be having the integration with other products which is a huge benefit. As far as what its doing for us it saves time and they keep up with technology so we are offered updates and new products that are available to make our life easier.

Pros

Ease of use. Integrates with credit card processing, blood machines and many other products. Makes it easier than having to have a bunch of programs that don't work together. Saves lots of time. Keeps up with the industry with updates.

Cons

At one point we wanted some reports that weren't available but now with the enhanced reports it helped with this issue. Not fond of updates but it is a necessary evil.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Closer to our area so if need be we could get a technician here quickly or we could run the station in for repairs for a quicker repair. Also liked the features better.

Response from Covetrus

Replied September 2019

Hello Debbie! Thank you for your review. The enhanced reporting functionality is a great tool! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Updates are a necessary evil, but every time we update there are many new enhancements to improve your workflow, have to love the time savings! All the best.

Jenny from Waupaca Small Animal Hospital

Long time user of Impromed

Getting help from customer service is usually pretty quick. When I've called to add on new modules that has taken a while for them to get back to me. The program is pretty easy to use, just wish they hadn't added more steps and removed some of the easy features of the old program.

Pros

The programming gives us all the modules we need to do our daily tasks. It also links with many other programs offered by other Veterinary companies so we can easily offer rebates to be automatically sent out through Greenline, Carecredit is quick and easy through it, can be connected with most lab software.

Cons

With the most recent update, things seem to take more steps of clicking on to do same thing and we lost some of our conveniences that were removed with upgrades. ex. checking our postcards for already scheduled appointments takes 2 more clicks in and out of each client to see if they already have an appointment scheduled where before we could be in the module and just open the account.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Trusted company and we have been using it for as long as we have had computers.

August 2015

Alinda from East Lake Hospital for Animals, Ltd.

August 2015

Easy to use, Mobile-friendly, Great tech support, Grows with your practice

Infinity allows us to perform veterinary medicine and not "think" about the software. It's easy to use, versatile, customizable and always improving. We are able to be "paperless" and not miss charges. Infinity fits into all aspects of our practice-surgery, boarding, grooming, and general medicine. The flexibility of the modules to schedule appointments, make reservations, utilize a treatment plan, email clients, even track employee hours makes Infinity top notch. The added use of the smartphone app to access medical records or the appointment scheduler allows us to do house calls more efficiently. Populating the invoice from the medical record is an easy way to build the medical record without missing charges. With Treatment Plans, you can put in services as minor as walking a dog or play time, to an in-depth plan after surgery that monitors medications. In using Treatment Plans, we are able to assign team members to tasks and ensure that each task is done in a timely manner, all while simultaneously recording data to the medical record. Emailing the client, printing/emailing reports and tracking all emails sent are nice features. The Episodes of Care module is a "virtual file" of the pet that you can customize and make a checklist on to ensure that you do get the record written up, follow up visits scheduled or progress reports made. Request lab tests, input charges into record, and have Infinity automatically download and import the lab into the proper pet's record. Using a tablet and working on the go in the clinic allows employees the flexibility to work almost anywhere- exam rooms, lobby, treatment area where a workstation isn't always feasible. The integration with Element Payments Services for credit card processing is seamless. Having a secure processor with the ability to take major credit cards and balance the books is a huge timesaver. Tech support is readily available as well as fast, friendly and knowledgeable. Hardware support and software support is at your fingertips by phone, live chat or email. As we continue to grow and think of new ways to use Infinity, it seems like ImproMed has already thought of them. I don't believe that a practice could outgrow this software. Infinity is the perfect software for us. If you are looking for a software that will be able to grow and evolve as your practice does, then Infinity is the right software for you. Whether you are a 1-doctor or 20-doctor practice, Infinity can handle it.

Kristen from EPVS

Good and Bad with everything

Pros

The software is very customizable. You can design your own forms or use one of hundreds that they already have designed. You can have mobile units for field work. Tech support is awesome and they are easy to contact by phone or chat or email.

Cons

You need a long time with no distractions to get it set up. There are so many ways to customize the software that you need a solid game plan going in and time to implement and test. The app for phones is for viewing only, I believe. You cannot enter information from the app. The calendar cannot sync to other calendars (like phone or google). Impromed is very slow in doing upgrades. One of the main reasons why we chose them is for the integration with Global Vet Link. When the government started requiring additional information, the integration broke. 8 months later, there is still no timeline for fixing the integration. This is just one example. There are many other instances. Seems expensive for quarterly support and upgrades contract.

Heather from Greenville Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Pros

Integrated in multiple areas and ability to capture invoice items

Cons

Ability to track serial numbers of vaccines

User friendly

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

not user friendly, not up to date or have a lot of capabilities

Dawn from Glencoe Veterinary Clinic

Industry: Veterinary

Impromed is a great choice!

Impromed is a very clean cut, easy to operate program! We are not planning on changing systems. We really like it!

Pros

Impromed Infinity is very easy to use and fast to learn! What we like most about it is that there are many ways to get to the same location within the system. There is no wrong way and it allows everyone to be able to accomplish what they need to in their own way.

Cons

The downfall: When you are having an issue, it is faster to call in versus requesting online chat. The problem when you call in is that there are so many options that it gets frustrating. It would be nice if it was more simple. For example, I want to call in and have a customer service option. Not press 1 for this , press 3 for this, press 2 for that... if you miss your option, you are forced to start back at the beginning. My day is surrounded by employees asking questions and the phone ringing off the hook, it's difficult to listen closely to the options!

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

Cost, efficiency, ease of use

david from ann arbor animal hospital

review of impromed

very good, however new employees using cornerstone believe cornerstone is an easier software to use for screen navigation. IDK, because I've never used cornerstone.

Pros

- vast improvement compared to paper medical records - industry specific - modules include the vast majority of features needed to run an animal hospital - help desk techs are effective when calls are made asking for help

Cons

- prior to version 19 update, practices using terminal services experienced a significant impact to speed. an oversight due to programing change made in 2016... we suffered far too long and Impromed never made any financial concessions to monthly service fees etc. - october/november of this year we updated hardware/software needed to accommodate version 19. on 11/17/20 we updated to version 20 and, so far, we are seeing improvements in speed.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

AVS was a DOS based system and we needed to update to windows based product that included modules for medical records, etc.

Jessica from Companion Animal Hospital

User Friendly PMS!

I really could use some training on using reports and inventory functions.

Pros

After using other PMS for 20 years, stepping into ImproMed was at first daunting. However, I quickly became accustomed to using it. It is user friendly.

Cons

I wish the report function was a little easier to navigate, especially when creating custom reports. Customer Support could be enhanced - I currently use On Line Chat, which I like not being tied up on the screen but often times my questions are not fully answered and I figure it out on my own.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

I changed Hospitals. I didn't make the switch within one particular hospital.

Angela from Veterinary Healthcare Associates

Review for ImproMed

Overall experience with ImproMed is good. Love how Impromed software works with Cubex system.

Pros

What I like most about the Impromed software is different avenues to take within the software to get to where you need to be as everyone learns differently.

Cons

Do not like that you have to close out of a file in order to pull up another file. Although I can see where this could prevent possible mistakes it is not cohesive to work flow. Other software can minimize the file you are in and come right back to it. It also does not "flag" if you happen to have another client with same phone # and if you are not careful you may end up entering the client several times in the software. Other systems I have used have alerted to this thus not entering the client into the system a second time.

Response from Covetrus

Replied June 2019

Hello Angela! Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that your team is using ImproMed in the way that suits them individually. I've shared your feedback regarding the workflow issues with our Team to ensure it is reviewed for future enhancements. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding ImproMed, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

Patti from Metro Animal Hospital

Impromed

Satisfied with the software but I was used to getting better reporting from other software. This was here when I started working here 3 years ago. So I would really like to see an upgrade which may have what I'm looking for, just not in the budget.

Pros

I find that there are many functions to this program and we have yet to untap them all. We like the ease of scheduling appointments, writing SOAP's and the medical data is easy to find, use and send. I like that it integrates with our online store, saving us time with rx.

Cons

Impromed is not the most user friendly when it comes to learning in. It seems that you have to search hard to locate How To's and then they don't always make sense. On the reporting side, I wish you could memorize a report instead of having to always back out of a report and put in new dates etc. There are so many options but yet not the data that I would easily like to extract without pages and pages of nonsense that I don't need.

kevin from Day Heights Vet Clinic

impromed review

New customer service interface is terrible.

Pros

I get the reports I need for VMG without too much difficulty

Cons

Too many clicks to accomplish some tasks. Need more easy customization of reports. Report interface for searching specific questions (ie: how many dogs in the last 2 years) are very awkward to use. Should have EVERY report needed for VMG as a preset button. Need to have more financial reports available.

VMG recommendation

too basic

Stephanie from Kensington Bird and Animal

Impromed Review

Overall, we are happy with the software but we feel that their customer support could be better. We wish that there were more knowledgeable technicians that were able to fix issues more quickly.

Pros

We use Impromed as our primary veterinary practice software. We like that it is paperless and is easy to train new employees.

Cons

We wish that there was a cloud-based option rather than a server. A lot of times, they will take away good features with the software updates which don't make sense for the end user. Support has gone down hill over the years. Often times, it takes days to get a call back which is not good or you spend an hour on the phone with someone who doesn't know how to fix an issue. That has been our major issue since Henry Schein/Covetrus took over. Additionally, we wish that there was a better way to do credit card integration. We have a lot of issues the the credit card machines that we use through impromed.

Brooke from Ridgewood Animal Hospital

Impromed

Pros

Impromed is easy to use. It is more user friendly than most systems I have used. We switched from Avimark to Impromed and will not come back.

Cons

I wish there were more training videos on how to fully use the program like Avimark has.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

We chose Impromed because we had used it at a previous clinic and liked it much better than Avimark

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

It was not user friendly for our practice

Kelly from Fox Valley Equine Practice

4 Years Using Triple Crown

Pros

The Improview App is loved by our vets and techs. I like all of the reporting features. I use the Financial, Product and Employee reports daily. Lab integration is nice. Electronic billing is nice. Tech Support is really great.

Cons

We never use the scheduler. Our vets like to see their schedules on their phones. We schedule all appointments in Outlook. We were promised a scheduling app in 2016 when we purchased Triple Crown, that also auto-filled client info, addresses and drive time. It would be nice to enter stable names, instead of a first and last name. Need more characters. It would be nice to have the inventory system be more user friendly.

Equine specific software.

Reasons for Switching to ImproMed

We were using ImproMed. We switched to Triple Crown because Impromed was being sunsetted.

Richard from Sunnycrest Animal Care Center

Lots of Feature

The overall experience has been very good

Pros

It is very comprehensive and fills most of our needs. It is not always intuitive but it does most of the things we need.

Cons

I would like to have a better way to communicate with my staff using the impromed software. It does have a way to chat with employees when they are at work but there is no messaging system to send messages to everyone including those who are not logged in. Since Covetrus bought Improved the phone app to check financials has been dropped. Big disappointment. Level 1 support technicians are very nice but can not resolve many of the issues we have and we have to wait for a call back from a more informed support technician.

Reasons for Choosing ImproMed

It seemed to be the most comprehensive practice management software available in the 1980's.