(4,303)

4,303

(1,882)

1,882

• Pros

• "Ele é muito leve e fácil de se utilizar, quando você se conecta remoto com alguma outra máquina ele não fica com delay"

• "It's excellent very fast and very useful. I love the quality with which you work because it is the right one to work with."

• "It's very intuitive, easy to handle. It's easy to find your way around. It's quite playful. The pages are clear"

• Cons

• "None really. Teamviewer does what it is meant to do, and does it well. My one gripe would be the desktop application doesn't include all the features that the website login has."

• "Only a slight con ... it does slow some client machines but on newer faster machines this is not an issue."

• "Pricing is a bit high on the business plan. Other than that, its a solid product."

Browse TeamViewer Reviews

Luis Daniel from YCS PR Corp.

An essential asset for your team

For me, personally it's the best app to connect remotely available in the market. Anydesk is a good second.

Pros

You'll be able to utilize this software to remotely connect to either assist your clients, manage your sytstems remotely, connect to a server, transfer files or execute commands from anywhere in the world. You can bookmark all your connections and manage them in groups and view the status of the machines from a simple side window.

Cons

The license can be a little expensive and sometimes the software may lag if the client you're connecting too is outdated. You need to look up the licenses because even the cheapest one, unless you buy a volume license, you need to be specific on how many people will be using the license and only one can use it at the time.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Knew a lot more about Teamviewer previously from usage and recommended by others in the same field as me.

Ryan from Electronic Merchant Systems

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to use but lacking

My overall experience with using teamviewer is the ability to quickly remote into a person's PC along with the automatic two factor authentication that is uses where the user gives you a password and ID to log in. It allows me to quickly remote into software using it quick support and diagnosis problems such as error messages and virus/malware infections. Overall it does it's job well and although it lacks certain useful features such as freeze screens and camera capabilities using a mobile device; it still provides solid use for any technicians that quickly need to remote in and assist their client to get back to 100% performance.

Pros

The most impactful feature regarding this product is the ability to assist others who need help and it is free to use as well for personal use. Teamviewer is a remote software that allows you to remote into another person's software in order to help them and troubleshoot any issues they are experiencing, along with transferring files that may aid in helping you fix their issuen Due to it having a free license option you are able to take it for a test run by choosing the option personal (non-commercial) which gives you the basic functionality like remoting into a person's pc and transferring files, if you purchase licenses than you unlock a few more features.

Cons

The least thing I liked about this software was the limitations compared to another software called logmein such as the ability to freeze screens, access certain aspects of a computer without needing to remote in like changing the username and password. And the problems that occur when a customer uses a tablet or phone on wireless networks where it takes forever to load which can be expected but also sometime it never loads. The one thing I don't like is the inability to use a person's camera to see what they see for wiring that logmein (rescueme) can do through lens sessions.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Zoho was way too pricey and lacks the ability to test to make sure it works the way I want as it only has a trial compared to free use with teamviewer.

Alison from The Prairie School

Team Viewer works as a screen sharing program for institutions but is tricky to navigate for users.

For within an organization, the product is great for screen sharing, but outside it is just clunky.

Pros

I like that Team Viewer has free and paid options for users versus enterprise, it ensures that you have a quality product, but does not then price-gouge the occasional user. Team Viewer is a great alternative for screen sharing when you are able to have the time to figure out the tools, or have an IT Staff who are able to set it up for you and then train you for a simple navigation. I have had good success with companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but never in the other direction.

Cons

There are several things I did not like about Team Viewer. First, Team Viewer is very clunky to use. In terms of just setting up an account, there were steps that we (me and IT) did online and on the application, which also duplicated themselves. There were authorizations that seemed unnecessary. After downloading, the launched application still had to "okay" the computer, with further steps authorizing the machine through email, which were already done as part of setup. We acquired Team Viewer to share a work machine and a personal machine, with the personal account being the initiating account on the work machine, and the work account being the recipient. Due to, as Support said, too many similar characters in the two emails, they were flagged as being from the same organization even though the domains were completely different. Even with support, the issue was not resolvable. The screen sharing is extremely slow on a fairly open (no one was working) 300 mg pipe, which flies for everything else. In the end, we decided it was easier to work with two work machines for what we were trying to do, acquired a few external HDs and just used Remote Desktop. I have had success with other companies contacting me through Team Viewer, but have never been able to initiate back to them. Again, despite supports help, it is like my account is "flagged" to always be from organization to organization with little hope of resolution.

Kudakwashe from Madrush Technologies

Remote Desktop Wars

Pros

What i really don't understand is why would a company develop such a great tool, gets you hooked and then when you and your clients are now familiar and comfortable in using the software then out of the blue, you have to pay to use the software? This doesn't apply to TeamViewer alone, another remote desktop admin app Anydesk did the same thing and recently now the offer buy the business version. At least have the community version with less features than to have timed sessions. But overall it remains the best tool on the market and at least they got the file sharing support perfect unlike Anydesk.

Cons

Great tool but very expensive specially for small companies which have few clients and would want to cut down on cost of travelling to customers site and give technically support.

File Sharing Features

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Fast and stable

I have been using it since version 5, my micro-enterprise even provides it for use by our third parties who provide support and consultancy to our clients for the management systems we develop. In a decade of use, I can say that I have never been disappointed, it is always available very quickly for us to make a support connection with our customers, including for unmanaged servers and from one country to other. Mobile access makes it easy when you're on travel and need to solve a problem quickly. Despite being expensive by our standards, I can say without a doubt that it pays off every penny spent, I reinforce this by saying that we already do home office and remote service years before this became fashionable. At this point the expensive price teamviewer removes costs the other side of the business.

Pros

The most interesting feature of the teamviewer is the availability: the connection always works very quickly. Something that does not always remember is that bypass any configuration for firewall and ports and is very easy for any intermediate user understand how to activate and how to pass the ID/password without much explanation.

Cons

The versions have become more bureaucratic, adding cost and functions that a small company does not need. If you just need efficient casual support, this application starts to be close to the end of the cost-benefit line. There could be a simpler portable version, with only remote access functions for support purposes, without account registration, and therefore cheaper. It is ideal as it is for medium or large companies, but this suggestion would make it easier for micro or small companies.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Here I talk about the experience over the last few years, think that as Teamviewer is expensive for us, whenever there is a new application that could make it cheaper we tested and compared it. There were other experiences, but I don't remember the names. All the products we tested have two problems: they are either the same as Teamviewer and maintain the same price range or more expensive, or they are cheaper and become terribly slow. Some are fast until you need them, by the time you need them, they can work or be too slow. Instability and slowness are the last things you need to solve problems for your client, so far no product has surpassed TV in all aspects. In line of business, if you found something similar even in cost, you never change suppliers, as your customer, your consultants and your own technicians are used to it. And so we use and pay for TV today, if we need to save we cut other costs.

Michael from Allied Moulded Products

Teamviewer Integrated in ServiceDesk

Very solid product with great performance over a LAN or internet.

Pros

Works very well for supporting multiple business locations from the IT service desk. Teamviewer performs very well over the internet.

Cons

The Teamviewer version that comes with many integration solutions is a far older version than the latest Teamviewer build.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

testing went well and pricing structure

Graham from EON

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great way to remotely support yourself

Pros

The ease of use and the way it displays the desktop you are remoted to is like having the computer right there with you. The way the mouse moves when remoted is so easy to use. I use this from my smart phone as well as my laptop and both ways are easy. Its pretty straight forward to setup and within minutes you can be connected. The best part is works from all over the world having remoted in from Tunisia and Portugal.

Cons

The only real issue niggle is the way that sometime the mouse when remoted doesn't like to open item from the tool bar at the bottom of the screen, its not all the time only sometimes. The other issue i have had is when you close a connection is sometimes doesn't close the connection fully and can take a while to get back in.

Kat from ECHB, Inc

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The gold standard in remote support

It has only become more necessary for everyone since the advent of the pandemic. Employees can get into their work machines from home and not contaminate work files with problems and downloads on their personal devices.

Pros

The ease with which the program can be set up on the computer of someone with zero tech skills has made it vital in every position I've had for years. The account set up is simple. It's secure.

Cons

The only issue is that they give broad "free for personal use" license that people take advantage of, especially considering that when you need it in a pinch the value is near enough priceless.

Heyonil from TECHING

The best way to connect with another computer, without being present

It is a good program. Easy even for people who use very little a computer. You can use the chat while there is interaction and this is another advantage. I recommend it 100%.

Pros

I like its ease of use and security. With its change of password every time you open the software, it guarantees you greater security and that those who have previously connected to your computer do not do it again without your authorization.

Cons

What I sometimes do not like is that if the user who intends to enter your PC does not have the latest version of the Software or is lower than yours, they will have problems. This should not be an impediment. The program should request the update but not prevent the connection.

David Junior from Banco Santa Cruz

Great tool for remote support

It allows you be able to remote assistance, remote support, desktop sharing, give control to desktop sharing or remote PC.

Pros

Ease of installation, ease of configuration, ease of used and works without installation on the end machine.

Cons

The free version limits you a lot of funcionality. If you use often then the tools going to limit by time until you purchase for any edition.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

We had a two members that they're familiarized with the product.

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

Screen Sharing at its Finest!

Overall, TeamViewer has been a great way to save time when you don't necessarily need someone to come to you to see your computer screen, and can help you remotely. This works for large corporations as well as small businesses. This doesn't have to strictly be used for IT, I am sure it can be used for different sorts of video conferences for everyone working remotely, although I personally have not used it in that way. For IT aspect, it saves you the hassle of having to "screenshot" pictures or errors and emailing them all back and forth. It's a timesaver!

Pros

TeamViewer software was introduced to me several years ago when I worked for a larger corporate insurance company. Many times, everyone's computer in my department, over 2500 of us, ran automatic updates overnight when we were logged out. This allowed our IT Department to make any changes and maintenance. At that company, when we had issues with our claim software, or phone login, or anything technical, we would report that to our IT Department. They would quickly give us a call, working remotely, and I would accept the TeamViewer request to share the screen. Our IT would have full access to my screen and be able to guide me, or take control, whenever they pleased. Currently, this software works JUST THE SAME for the small family owned business I work for. We recently switched domains, and needed help getting our emails switched over properly without losing all of our mailboxes. This was such an important part of the domain switch. With the help of TeamViewer, our hired IT professional was able to jump in and guide several of us to save back ups and take the next important steps to secure our data.

Cons

Using TeamViewer, I've noticed that sometimes you do experience a "lag", but nothing unmanageable. Also, make sure you and whoever is on the other end make it clear on who is running the mouse! That is just a user error, but I've noticed that I would get direction to "click here" and when I would go to move the mouse, the person at the other end would be doing the same. Once you give control of your computer, I don't think there is any way to stop the other persons movement until you completely log out. Not like you can put them on pause. Again, this is not a software issue, just something you need to consider if you want a seamless process.

Abraham from Information Technology and Computing Services

Pros and Cons of TeamViewer

I was introduced to TeamViewer during the early stages of my career in IT and the software has always delivered when the tough gets going. I've been using TeamViewer now for over 10 years and the current version today has improved immensely since the previous versions. Today, I am fully utilizing almost all the features shipped with TeamViewer from recording sessions during meetings, chat utility, file transfer, audio conferencing, video presentations, etc. It has given me the confidence to perform my duties in the office and outside the office when I am on the go. In addition to the years of experience, I have personalized TeamViewer now as my first choice remote software that I use to manage my own home lab which I can access from anywhere in the world.

Pros

TeamViewer is a great tool for anyone out there who is looking to manage multiple platforms remotely and with efficiency. I like TeamViewer because it helps me a lot in my line of work, and as an IT professional I need a centralized remote access console to be able to access my devices easily when the need arises. I've been using TeamViewer for the past 10 years and it has enabled me to complete my work from anywhere at anytime, without relying on other technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network). Apart from just using TeamViewer to access your computing devices remotely over the internet, it comes with other great features like session recording, file transfer, chat utility and configuration settings to help you customize the software to suit your working needs.

Cons

The audio conferencing setup and configuration for some users can be an overwhelming experience, especially if the person is not accustomed to configuring software to engage in a conference call. IT support or assistance someone who has better knowledge about TeamViewer may be required in such situations to assist. In some situations I have had to assist end users to configure this feature for them when other audio conferencing platforms fail, and the feedback from the requester is that they have no idea whatsoever on how to proceed with the setup. Perhaps in future TeamViewer may become the go to platform for audio conferencing and chat in regards to other products like Skype and Skype for Business. In my opinion TeamViewer is an awesome tool, why? because it provides the necessary features to improve a person's production when his/her work demands it.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer offers a better management console with stable connectivity from source to destination. It's easy to install, configure and upgrading to the next version is so easy with a few clicks of your mouse. The other compelling aspect about TeamViewer is the reasonable pricing and 24/7 technical support when you need it. As an administrator and a customer I am satisfied with the product and I confidently recommend TeamViewer to anyone who is looking for a multi-tasking platform.

Powerful and easy to use, but terrible support and extremely expensive.

TeamViewer used to be a one-time purchase (albeit and expensive one). While TeamViewer was in this state, I used it frequently to access clients computers remotely. However, the minute TeamViewer changed to a monthly subscription, I stopped using it. The $50/month was simply too expensive when other alternatives became available for less.

Pros

TeamViewer's remote access capabilities are quite impressive and secure. Setting it up is fairly simple, and can provide remote screen access and file sharing capabilities. TeamViewer can also be set up to only be run on demand (i.e. for tech support purposes), and to run in "unattended" mode (i.e. to always be running and always allowing remote access). Finally, TeamViewer is free for personal use

Cons

While TeamViewer is free for personal use, any business use requires a $50/month license - which is outrageously expensive compared to other options. One of the most frustrating aspects, during install TeamViewer asks whether it will be used for personal or business purposes. If you select personal, TeamViewer will operate in free mode in perpetuity, however if you accidentally select business, there is now way to revert that to personal. Contacting TeamViewer support is useless, as it can takes days to weeks to hear back from support. Even when paying the $50/month, TeamViewer support is slow to respond, and often times unhelpful in their answers.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer used to be best in class, and few alternatives where around the matched TeamViewer's features and ease-of-use. However, at this point, I no longer use TeamViewer, as I have primarily switched to Jump Desktop (https://jumpdesktop.com).

Jeheen Mahmood from Personas

One of the most popular remote access tool, and for good reasons

I used it regarly with my to set up the systems for my remote coworkers. I even used it to provide support to my clients.

Pros

This tool is robust, and very few people I worked with that didnt know about the functionalities it offers. The UI/UX was rather bad and outdated. But they have updated that a couple of years ago and the new UI is very sleek with material design. I really liked the contact book funtion and unsupervised access option. It saves a lot of time and sync issue once the password protected access is set up. Instead of waiting for another person on the other end to approve the access, the user can take over the remote computer any time. The file sharing option is pretty neat too. It can safely and securely send large files to the other computer to the designated location. Of course there are plenty of other dedicated file sharing options out there. But it gives you a certain ease of use when you can simply send them using the same remote access app you are using. They even support a chat and media sharing option. Its like having skype, dropbox and google remote access all merged into one. Of course those are all top notch in what they do, but it does a some of the same things and gets the job done.

Cons

The media controlling interface is very small and the functions are not clear. Especially the system sounds can make it rather annoying while using the remote computer. Also, it is pretty unstable when the network is weak.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

No other products were considered as this was clearly the market leader.

Thomas from Beamstyle Limited

Great software, easy on non-technical users

TeamViewer (for 99% of the time) is easy to setup, easy to configure, and easy to use for both myself and my clients. I've been a long term personal user of TeamViewer, and finally wanted to find a solution for work. TeamViewer pricing was kind of expensive, and found cheaper alternatives (AnyDesk). I tried AnyDesk because of its competitive pricing. However, I noticed that it has bugs in terms of requesting the remote computer for administrative credentials. It will just freeze in that screen. When I tried to email the support, they gave me an irresponsible reply, and never managed to fix the issue. At last, I gave up. And I went with the TeamViewer package. More expensive, but worths it.

Pros

Super easy to use, super easy to install. Latency is great, for most of the time, it's almost like using the computer locally. I can even play videos and does not feel slow.

Cons

There are times when it's slow though (with lots of clicks, movements, and keyboard hitting), but those are usually heavy tasks, and it'd be better off doing them locally anyway. Even though I'm doing personal stuff, it claims that I was doing work, and kicks me out of the session. Not sure how they managed to judge that.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

AnyDesk is not achieving what I want, when I need to help my clients. Every time I need to request for admin privileges, I have to call them up and tell them to click "Yes" on that screen. That is pretty annoying for the client. There was one session I had to call my client 4 times on the phone. I could feel our client was a bit upset. They just wanted me to fix the computer.

Emad from Sino Holding Group

Industry: Machinery

TeamViewer is packed with unique features but at inflated price.

The best overall remote access and desktop sharing software in the market hands down, packed with lots of features that you could barely find in any free or paid alternative, but this all comes in a very restricted free plan and inflated price if you decided to upgrade to paid plans, their prices need to be revised and their cancellation policy need to be reviewed and implemented properly for the best of their customers first.

Pros

A fundamental portion of my work duties require constant and stable remote connection for wide variety of tasks ranging from colloaborating with my collegeus on a project or to overseeing some developments/deployments for platforms or make essential modifications to work in progress, aside from that i use it for a lot of personal tasks to run on my home PC or manage some features in my home network or control devices connected to it, honestly teamviewer is a leader and the most rich feature in the industry when it comes to remote access programs, they managed to dominate the market as it has been in business for a very long time, This program has it all in one package, the program is very compact size run on very minimal machine resources, you can run it unattended without installing a program itself which saves a lot of space and very convenient, you can connect all your devices to your account on the cloud to instantly access and managed all devices with a single click, support multiple platforms and systems, very friendly and easy to learn interface, it can maintain a stable and flawless connection between you and your partner even if the network isn't stable at either side, it has outstanding and mature features available to both free and paid users, sometimes not available or only for paid version on other alternatives (chat, make an audio/video conference with partner or group, transfer a huge amount of files with large size instantly, privacy control and more).

Cons

I would have given this amazing piece of software the full mark unless it suffers from two basic issues that irritates me a lot and need the company to look for a solution to those problems sooner than later if it wants to keep its loyal customers like me, First and most important one is their pricing plan for paid version, As i mentioned I use the paid version for business but recently the prices has doubled for no apparent reason, and there is no clear cancellation policy on which i can opt out from using this software or change plans to lower one, the customer service need to do more to address this issue and help us by having different options with reasonable price and effective cancellation policy for those who want to change their mind and not get a constant deduction against their will, the Second reason is for the free version for personal use like the one i use in my home, which after latest updates became very messy and disconnect me every 10 seconds with an ambiguous message stating that there is a commercial use detected and a long time out before i regain access and reconnected again and again, I never suffered any such problem like this before, but the free version become very hard to use with this policy which made me sadly revert to less intrusive and more welcoming alternatives, those issues needed to be addressed and resolved ASAP so teamviewer can keep his position as the number one product for remote access of all the time as it once were.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Aside from all the pros i have mentioned in my review, this software has some crucial privacy control options that i need the most, like for instance, limit access permissions for the other party or switch control sides, install VPN for extra layer of security and wake up compuers in LAN.

Remote Connection is now made easy with TeamViewer

Communication problem using this tool was very much easy and has reduced the cost of the additional IT Infrastructure set up as we get connected to all stake holders and client meetings very easily and flexible and audio and video conferencing is really a wonderful feature are enjoying. This is also available in mobile version as a result we are connecting to our business meetings on the go a fantastic feature i really love

Pros

I have been using this software for both business(remote IT Connection) and personal use and have been consistently impressed with it. We all in our organisation are using this as for main communication with project and client. It has made much more easier and hardware cost has been reduced to lot extent there by increasing the organisational standards interns of growth and IT tools implementation and development. Features are really wonderful it has great a screen sharing,audio and video calling facility so that we get connected across all the people in the globe and this team viewer comes with 2 editions one for personal and commercial use.One for personal use and other is at organisation level.

Cons

There is very least about this software everything is really wonderful. But the least about this software is the program that renders output if we consider like handbrake doesn't consider TeamViewer as a legitimate physical display and these programs show up as black or white rectangles. But another small drawback which I felt is its commercial version is bit costly but even then we can afford as this is giving great benefits like video and audio screen sharing conferences

Andrew from NBG Development

The TeamViewer Life

We are solving issues every single day with the use of TeamViewer. We use this software for many purposes such as offering tech support to others, working on our own terminals, whether it may be logging in to pull data or files, install printers, or simply monitor usage. Prior to the use of this software, it was necessary to drive to each location to work on issues or assist the end user, but not anymore. This software has saved us thousands of dollars in time and money.

Pros

The ability to remotely control, pull data, transfer files, and correct issues on a remote PC has been amazing. The software is very simply to use and configure. It is as if the PC is directly in front of you and there are not many limitations. The ability to configure your company profile is very nice as new users can be added and removed at any time. You can also build a contact list, much like a contact list in your phone, but this contact list is comprised of remote computers. The ability to share those PC groups or lists with other users is also quick and easy. The software is secure with multiple settings in which you can create a list that will either allow or deny certain users. I would recommend this software to anyone. Not only does it assist with our own internal computers, but it quickly allows you to offer support to a friend or family member who may be in need of assistance. It is more than remote viewing software, it is remote control.

Cons

I cannot list too many things that I do not like about this software. On occasion, there may be issues with connection or maintaining a connection with another terminal, but this is rare and usually quickly resolved. The upfront pricing can be steep, depending on the level of access you need, but I will add, it pays for itself and there are many plans to choose from.

Ho'omana Nathan from Oklahoma State University

Probably the best multi-platform remote access\support program

This is a great remote desktop solution for both professional and personal use, and the personal version has all the features of the commercial version, so if you'd like to try it out personally first, you have that option! If you're looking for a remote desktop solution besides the (excellent) Windows Remote Desktop Client, this is a great starting place.

Pros

I've used this software for both business (remote IT support) and personal (less-tech-savvy family) uses and have been consistently impressed with how easy it is for both parties to install and use this powerful remote desktop solution. I love the varying degrees of control that one can take over the remotely accessed desktop (e.g. blocking user input on the accessed device or blacking out their screen), and the ability to transfer files to and chat with the remote user.

Cons

The only major issue I've had is that programs that render directly to an output (e.g. Handbrake) don’t see TeamViewer as a legitimate physical display, so those programs will show up as either white or black rectangles. This means that you can’t see what’s going on in those programs.

Connor from Solution Consultants ICT LTD

Industry: Computer Networking

TeamViewer is the best at what it does if you don't mind the cost

TeamViewer has been very pleasurable to use, if you're moving to TeamViewer from another remote desktop solution then you'll be very impressed. I don't remember a time when TeamViewer wasn't able to get the job done!

Pros

The vast amount of features is what amazes me the most about this software, I've tried a number of the competitors and this one is certainly the best of the bunch. It's super simple to setup and get running, if the user doesn't already have it on their computer you can put download links on your own website. I'd highly recommend TeamViewer if you want a solution for Android or iOS, even though their are similar remote desktop solutions for PC, there are none that are near the same level as TeamViewer for mobile devices. The mobile client is easily the best out of all the software I've tried (a lot).

Cons

The price, it's one of the most expensive software for remote desktop solutions but that's because it's the best, but if you want the best you have to pay for it.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

I've tried it and the others just don't compare to the quality, ease of use and the mobility options.

The Big Hitter of Remote Connection Software

TeamViewer has been incredibly easy to use and has enabled the ICT department to provide a high level of support when responding to support queries. It has led to increased productivity as technicians no longer have to leave their desks for every support ticket and has cut down on response times helping us meet SLAs.

Pros

The TeamViewer application is very easy to install, with a host app being installed on client devices and the full application being installed on technician devices. Multiple devices can be saved for re-connection rather than typing in remote IDs several times. Once remotely connected, the screen can be locked to prevent remote users from interfering with a technician's actions. The screen can also be 'blanked' to the remote user if the technician needs to perform confidential actions (accessing hidden software shares, etc.). Files can be shared between connections, and there are voice/text capabilities to communicate with remote users.

Cons

There have been security concerns in the past year or so that have shaken confidence in the software, however TeamViewer have implemented several fixes to improve security and prevent malicious use (steps such as increasing remote ID length and patching software security holes) to remedy the situation. The pricing is not perhaps as competitive as we would have liked.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer was chosen at the time as several within the ICT department had experience with using and deploying the application. It offered a high quality product compared to alternatives, and came with good brand recognition.

Laura from Alberta Bottle Depot Association

Industry: Renewables & Environment

A necessity for our operations

This has become not just another tool that we use, but an absolute necessity to efficiently operate throughout the course of a day.

Pros

We use TeamViewer daily and rely on it to access dozens of remote sites, and hundreds of individual computers. The biggest benefit is that it's accessible anywhere. The app is really good once you get the hang of controlling mouse movement from a mobile device. Locations can be grouped together and notes made on specific computers, making it really easy to keep track of who is who and where you're logged into at any given time. On the desktop app, you can log into multiple computers at once and toggle between them. For our purposes, this makes things incredibly efficient to be able to do remote software installations on multiple computers at the same time. Logs can be pulled both by the administrator as well as by a remote computer to see who has accessed them and when. This level of transparency is great. Administrator functions for the most part need to be done from the website, which is fairly simple to use. There are a lot of features that we have yet to integrate to their full potential, so it is always a bonus to find new ways to use a tool like this.

Cons

The desktop app has had some minor flaws over the past few versions, where it does things like sometimes consistently refuses to connect the first time a connection is attempted, but then always connects on the second try. Sometimes it's a pain having to go to the website and do all of the authentication steps just to change a simple administrator thing. I haven't seen any way to log into multiple devices from the mobile app.

Sadaf from Alpin Limited

One of the better tools for remote support

TeamViewer has helped my team work remotely and had added immense value to our work performance since it was almost unheard of to access a computer from home or site. Now it is indeed possible, all thanks to the remote access capability offered by TeamViewer. At a competitive price which is quite affordable for a medium-sized organization, I love the whole idea of using TeamViewer as I can easily access my files, emails, documents from my work PC, especially when I am at site and urgently need to present something to the Client; it has truly been a help during the most critical of times. As a Consultant who needs to be on site more often than not, it has been a reliable partner to locate my files, documents, diagnose software issues if any, conduct an online meeting and collaborate on tasks as well. I have previously tried a competitor and needless to say, I consider TeamViewer to be the polished one of the lot, with negligible bugs and issues with running the software. Highly recommended tool especially for consultants and businesses.

Pros

TeamViewer is a revolutionary remote access software that has been our go-to for more than a year. It allows the user to run and work on a computer located elsewhere as if it were right in front the whole time. The application can be used to establish this connection between these two (or more) devices, and every change performed on the local desktop can be updated on the same file in the remote machine seamlessly. This aspect of TeamViewer provides unmatched support especially when you are travelling and need access to your work system immediately. The only catch is that the remote machine should have a working internet connection and must be switched on. Here are a few pointers on how TeamViewer is perfect when compared to its counterparts in the market- - It allows highly organized remote management and is reliable in its approach and functionality. - Can be used to securely access several computers and can connect remotely with colleagues, also useful when connecting to external screens especially for presentations and such team collaboration. - Also available as an app for iPad/tablet: very convenient to use on the go. - Comprises of an easy to use interface; suitable for personal and corporate use. For personal use, TeamViewer is free (unlimited use!) whereas, enterprises and businesses need to have a subscription when using it commercially.

Cons

Free version users do have restrictions in use wherein they will be unable to try out all features of TeamViewer. This can be a deterrent to actually buying the whole package, considering the need to try out all features before taking the plunge of investing in it. Other than that, there is actually no negative aspect of using this software and I am quite pleased with it.

An extremely useful program that is simple to install and use

By and large TeamViewer has been an extremely useful program for me, drastically reducing the troubleshooting time frame for a huge number of tickets, and I fully intend to continue to use it into the foreseeable future.

Pros

As an IT worker one of TeamViewers greatest features is the "quick support". This allows the user to rapidly download and use a single session installation of TeamViewer. In many cases users are not especially skilled with computers and the ease of this installation greatly helps getting access to their machine to troubleshoot. Even with poor internet signal TeamViewer is able to connect with relative stability which is extremely helpful for when connected to a computer across the world with dial up internet. That TeamViewer also automatically attempts to reconnect a good number of times (I think 30? To be honest I have not had to reconnect in such a long time I cannot remember!) is also very helpful as it prevents having to continually log on again. The option to restart the client PC and then automatically reconnect when it has finished booting is extremely useful as well. From a personal perspective I have set a password to allow me to access my computer remotely via TeamViewer - I send a wake from LAN request to it, then use my username/password to remotely access my desktop from my tablet allowing me to perform tasks on my computer from anywhere in the world.

Cons

From a business perspective where a licence has been brought the only thing I could think about improving would be the allocation of said licence. When logged in a licence is not applied to the computer, instead this has to be done through the management console. Further re-allocating a licence (e.g. a computer is decommissioned and the licence needs to move to the new computer) is also needlessly complex - when I last did this it involved revoking the licence to all computers then re-adding them which seems unnecessary. Also whilst not TeamViewers fault TalkTalk seems to flag it up as dangerous requiring it to be added to the Safe list of the parental controls - unsure if TeamViewer would be able to convince TalkTalk to remove it from this dangerous listing.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

More than a remote desktop platform, it is the best experience that exists.

The main problem that virtual work is achieved, is the stability in communications, many platforms have inconsistencies that become a work problem, thanks to TeamViewer we have reversed that situation, we have achieved a much more stable communication than those offered by the competition , at the same time, we have increased communication channels to the best levels that we thought we had a while ago, it has adapted perfectly to our reality and our capacity to pay, I am pleasantly satisfied.

Pros

Many things make up my liking for TeamViewer, one of which is the possibility of offering assistance in real time, and without inconveniences, to people who depend on the services offered online. Another factor that I use a lot, is to link the equipment I have thanks to the TeamViewer platform, many times I have forgotten in the computer of each an important file for a business presentation, but thanks to TeamViewer it does not become bigger, just use the links I've given and that's it, I have all the files I need available. In addition, you can use your platform to organize virtual work meetings, in this new working age, work with people who live in Costa Rica and the Netherlands, and thanks to TeamViewer it is easy to organize presentations or video conferences, therefore, it is more than a tool, it's an experience.

Cons

I am very satisfied with your options and capabilities, I can not describe it negatively because it is surprising, only that the commercial options, in terms of prices, could improve, so entrepreneurs can seek to hire other plans more accessible to their financial reality, without neglecting the quality that have reached in this latest version 14.

Infiyaz from Marha Online (Pvt) Ltd

A safe and great tool to remotely support your clients (I mean customers)

To either remotely teach or support end-users, I always recommend TeamViewer. But if you're not making enough money to break even, this adds into your expenses. A great program and superb support!

Pros

As a developer, teacher and consultant, I have used TeamViewer for quite some time. Here are the main reasons I love this program. 1. It works on Ubuntu - this is my main OS. And most of my remote users are Windows users. Not many programs out there are compatible with Linux AND Windows. So this is a key benefit. 2. It supports both text and voice chat if needed. This is great since some clients are overseas. If not for this, you'll need to use the phone or another app just for that. 3. Very effective use of bandwidth. 4. No ads or nag screens. But if you continue to use it for some time, you'll need to PAY for a license. Fair enough. 5. When it comes to paying, they are ready to customise the pricing for you (although it's not listed on the site). They offered me a discounted package but of course that meant reduced hours of use per month. But I think it's worth it. 6. Transparency - I like the fact that the remote user is fully aware of what is being done, unlike some other programs (eg: logmein) which is Java-based. 7. While on a session you can switch sides - i.e., who sees who's screen. 8. If you have multiple screens you can specify which one you want to be seen. That's great for my work. This helps me to keep the chat window on one screen and see the user's screen on the other.

Cons

1. The remote user must have the same or compatible version. For sometime I had to insist that my remote users have the same version. If not, sharing is not possible. 2. The nature of certain programs do not allow remote use. For example, some clients use Kaspersky. If they need you to do some checks or settings on it, it's not possible. Kaspersky cannot be accessed remotely. But this is not a flaw of TeamViewer. Rather, it's a security feature of Kaspersky. 3. It's not free. But that's understandable considering the features you get. But then again, it's 'quite free' up to some extent. Not for commercial use.

Good Platform for manage and remote your cloud pcs

Pros

It's very easy to manage your cloud pcs using this app. I am using this app from last 5-6 years. I am a home user but easily manage my workstation and remote pc from my location. it's very easy to when you are doing work from home.also it's chat msg and voice are very good.

Cons

no any point which i don't like about this application.

Vernessa from Blog Posts, Long-Form Articles, Short Reports, Case Studies

TeamViewer Makes Remote Support Easier On ALL Platforms, Has a Simple Interface, and is Portable, Too

TeamViewer is operating system agnostic. I'm grateful it is NOT just for Windows. As a Linux user (as well as a Windows user) one huge benefit for me is that TeamViewer has a native Linux implementation. And they have iOS and Android apps. This means I can provide support remotely from any of my computers and even my phone or tablet. (But I'm not a big fan of doing sensitive work from a phone!) Another benefit is the interface: it is so simple that asking the person who is receiving remote support to do anything in it doesn't freak them out. (A calm end-user makes helping them out a much easier undertaking!) TeamViewer offers "contact management" but it is not a contact manager in the way we usually think of contact management. When it's time to offer support to long-standing clients (or friends or family) it's nice to have their contact details -- as they relate to accessing their computer -- only a few clicks away. I haven't ever had a need to use the collaboration features for groups -- no group meetings or group chats -- so can't speak to how well those are implemented or whether Teamviewer does a better job than other apps designed for those purposes. Overall, TeamViewer is my go-to solution for remote desktop control.

Pros

At one time, providing computer technical support for business clients, friends and family was the major part of my work life. Over the years I tried numerous so-called "remote control" softwares. Hit or miss, they mostly missed the mark and made working remotely more painful than enjoyable. I wasn't truly satisfied until I encountered TeamViewer. They somehow got it right. These days I spend less time doing remote support for business and more for friends and family. For non-commercial use, TeamViewer is totally free so I use it to help them out when needed. Some features I really like: TeamViewer doesn't get hung when opening larger applications. For example, I've opened Microsoft Word and LibreOffice, both of which are resource-heavy applications, edited documents and spreadsheets, then saved them without any issues. The file manager is not too shabby. I've moved thousands of files from one location to another on the remote computer without hiccups. Regular screen-draws on the other end appear the way they should with decent clarity and in focus. Fonts are very readable (and looking pretty close to what was intended). For purposes of documentation, there are three features I've relied on at different times: the chat messaging function, the ability to record a session especially when trying to figure out what went wrong during a particular process, and viewable log files.

Cons

In my opinion, the "cons" aren't many and the "pros" far outweigh them. Admittedly, TeamViewer is a little slow when doing anything movement intensive. Screen-sharing could use some improvement. And the file manager isn't the prettiest (could definitely use a design overhaul). The biggest complaint I've had about TeamViewer has always been that it is too expensive for a very small business (think microbusiness or solopreneur). At the time I really had a need for it in my one-person firm, I would have gladly paid a monthly fee for access (those lesser softwares offered monthly plans!). So I resorted to using the weaker remote support softwares for commercial endeavors and used TeamViewer for personal friends and family. Shame.

Kevin from Arklight Development

Industry: Program Development

Very Experienced

Teamviewer key features are VPN, Remote Desktop, Web Conferencing.

Pros

For years now I have come to know one thing. If you consistently work with multiple systems there are going to be times when you can't find something only for it to be on another system. For this reason Teamviewer is an awesome software. I have been using Teamviewer since 2011 and its uses far out scope its cost. Its free for non-business use and the features for business are great. The most awesome thing is that you don't even need to install their software to help someone. They only need to download and run the install as software. This makes it easy to remotely use access any computer and assist friends and family. If you choose to install you can configure unattended access which keeps your system online and makes remotely connecting as simple as clicking on the remote pc's name. The VPN service make it possible to network via the cloud and share network services. Finally it can also be use for conferencing and remote presentations which can save time for those who work on the move like myself. The most recent update have added a host of security features ensuring that your account is protected from unauthorised logins and usage. This was a well needed addition given the nature of the software.

Cons

Account Authorization can become tedious as you will need to authorise every new computer you wish to access your services from. Also their is no message or warning (as of review) that shows that your login is block by this feature. They use to have a web browser service but its no longer available and I do miss that feature.

Edward from E*TRADE

Quality and speed of impressive video.

This software has benefited me a lot because I have managed to maintain a remote connection with all the employees of my company and in this way share necessary information for all of them, I have also been able to make several conferences with many owners of companies abroad, and thus be able to perform contracts and agreements without having to move from my place of work

Pros

What I like about TeamViewer is the great speed it has when making the remote access connection, the quality of the video it has is quite interesting and has a nice color quality that greatly improves the customer's view, speed with which the shared video works, it is quite good because it does not matter if you own a computer with low resources, in the same way the program will go smoothly and with excellent quality. I really like the interface that this program has, since it is compact, organizes all its characteristics and factors very well and organizes the remote connection and conferences very well.

Cons

TeamViewer is a pretty good software that gives the best quality and speed of video to its clients, but nevertheless, it has neglected the area of file transfer, remote access is characterized by communication, remote management and successful transfer of the files, and since they have made a lot of dedication to the remote connection, they have neglected the transfer of files without knowing that this factor is the most important of all because it facilitates in an excellent way the sending of information through a shared network, if TeamViewer It makes a considerable amount of improvements to this factor, this software would be the best in remote access.

Arik from Highnet Systems

TeamViewer as support tool

We use TeamViewer to support customers by connecting to the customer machine we can sometime do all needed support work without the need to visit the customer, this saves us money on both travel and time, not all customers allow to connect in this way, but the ones who do, also gets better support rate.

Pros

Simple to use Wide spread so we can use it with many customers Ability to share both screen and control makes it great tool for supporting customers

Cons

The versions issue, we have many version mismatch problems as we buy our side of the software and not the customer side also we often in a situation that the customer has upgraded to new version and we cannot connect with our own version. Upgrades are expensive

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

One of the reasons is that TeamViews is popular and many of our customers also use it. the alternative we had at the time was used for online meetings mainly but costs much more and was less suited for support

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Remote assistance, or access your device from anywhere.

I do not remember when it was the first time I used Team Viewer, however since then it has always been my favorite remote access tool, it makes it much easier to connect between devices, I use it continuously to access VPS servers, my work computer or my computer. home, because if I have to perform a task I can do it remotely, or forget some file I can get it quickly, it is very versatile not only has use at work but also personal use, since I can help coworkers, friends, relatives, etc. Accessing remotely, your devices in a very fast way.

Pros

It is a tool with years in the market, with a great reputation, what I like most is that it greatly facilitates the entry or connection to another device with a great performance, it also allows to control it completely, it is excellent to connect to dedicated or virtual servers. remotely from any other device that has also installed team viewer, besides that the connection is very secure, another thing that I really like about this application is that it is cross platform, so I can connect to different devices regardless of the operating system that it has installed, another great thing is it allows copying and pasting files to the computer that is being accessed, it has many other useful functions, such as a chat between the users, the sound can be played, the session can be recorded, etc.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking about something that I do not like about team viewer, however the format in which the videos are recorded would be good to support other formats so it could be compatible with other media players, and not only with team viewer.

Remote Control without hassle

TeamViewer is one of the best - in my opinion THE best - remote software tools available. The free version is incredible and essentially fully functional (at time of this review - although it has been for a long time too). The software works impeccably and is a staple for our use; we recommend it everywhere and many IT support techs we know do likewise. In my experience it has been completely bug-free and an absolute dream to use. I can't recommend this software enough and I can guarantee it WILL NOT disappoint. Thank you, TeamViewer, for a great piece of software! (I do not work for this company and have no affiliation whatsoever - I'm just an IT guy who is sick of crappy tools and values a piece of art like this when he sees it!)

Pros

TeamViewer is a dream to setup and use. The install is fast and painless and the use of the software is intuitive and straightforward. If you've used any other remote software, TeamViewer will be fairly familiar. I'm amazed at the ease with which connection happens - on any platform, even mobile - and the stability and bugfree performance is best-in-class. Other software publishers should learn from TeamViewer's creators - the software WORKS flawlessly and the functionality is amazing; on a good connection I found to my surprise I could actually watch and hear a video edit playing through a remote machine in a way that meant I could edit, if I wanted to - only incredible compression algorithms and a sleek, streamlined software service could allow for that!

Cons

I've found very little to complain about with TeamViewer. It is an extremely valuable and well-made piece of software. The install process and the way the remote service works could be a little less confusing in places but this is a minor quibble and something easily resolved during your first install of the software, in my experience. The nag screen is so minimal and is the least intrusive 'nag' I've ever seen! In short - I find very little, if anything, to complain about here!

Jinendra from Gauri Ltd.

TeamViewer- Remote Desktop

In our business it's very useful to me, because I ma taking remote of our servers of I need want any changes, even some buddy has some problem with his/her device so I can take remote of that device and solved thenissues. Installation is very easy, during installation it will prompt for personal use or office use so afcordingly you can installed. For me as a IT administrator TV is very useful , important software to handling IT related issues, file sharing.

Pros

In the market so many remote software available but TeamViewer (TV) is one of the most usable, more functional software on market. With the help of TV you can access your server from anywhere, even in service related companies they are support remote service so they used TV. Easy to take remote. With the help of this software you can transfer important file between source computer to remote computer / device. Even if you want to restart remote machine you can. It is very secured connections. File sharing, screen sharing , screen swapping in secured way. Most important is it's very fast to access remote PC. Because another remote software performance is little bit low compare to TV, even some softwares suddenly hang. In TV you can create your own connection for particular remote sessionbon this you can set the predefined password for that connection. Its a very nice product.

Cons

Actually there is no cons. But I thing the price of the product is little bit high. But theybdeserve for that price because they provided that type of services.video calling option is not there, I mean I never seen.

TeamViewer Review

Overall, this is a great remote desktop software to use and I would recommend it to almost anyone for remote desktop access and support. For both professional and personal use. TeamViewer is well fleshed out and this great remote desktop tool has evolved into a full fledged must-have IT "swiss army knife".

Pros

I've used both the free and paid versions of this software and I can only say good things about it. Personally, I have used several remote desktop tools from RDP, LogMeIn, Join.Me, and TeamViewer. I would recommend TeamViewer as the personal level is free and still has a lot of great features included. Professionally, I've used the product for several years and I'm very happy with its features. Full AD integration works flawlessly. They have expanded the toolset throughout the years to mobile and now AR support!

Cons

Honestly, I'm not sure if I can identify many cons for this product. it has been greatly supported for as long as I can remember using it. The only thing I would maybe say is that I sometimes have issues maintaining the latest version of the software across all my connections in my personal account. The remote update feature and alert notifications work great, but they only alert when I connect to that specific connection. I don't have a single page to manage and verify all of my connections are running the same version. Again, not really an issue, just maybe a *cough* future enhancement? *cough* :)

Aleksandr from MMDG

TeamViewer at Glance

I like the software much. I do not need to be present in the office to do basic troubleshooting. Most of the part can be done remotely

Pros

Team viewer is easy to setup. On user side it is not required any installation you can do it as on demand download. You can pretty easy can manage remote computer , send files, access folders without remote control. You can easily setup either unattended access or do remote support on demand. Pretty easy and has some option.

Cons

Nevertheless software has a lot of features, sometimes connection breaks. It is bit annoying that you need re-established it from the scratch. But overall impression is highly positive.

Mirko from UltraBarato

TeamViewer can literally save the day.

I use TeamViewer all day, I also travel a lot so I need to access my files, even if I use cloud systems like Mega or Box, the files system from teamviewer because show me my files in the way I manage and use my computer so, it’s easy to know where it is each of my files and that grade of comfort can’t be offered by no one, that’s why I love TeamViewer, I feel in home and secure, also I use it to help anyone with their computers, I explain that they can manage the access and no one can view or control their computer if they don’t allow control and my friends and family love it, so I can help anyone from anywhere. If you like total control and comfort to access your computer and files, TeamViewer it’s your secure selection.

Pros

TeamViewer it’s easy to use, can be installed on multiple OS and allow control any computer from any part in the world, comes with free license to personal use, so you can control your home computer, office computer, etc, also offer control from mobile devices, so you can access your computer and files easy from your mobile.

Cons

Even if TeamViewer it’s easy to control and install, the process to connect to other computers it’s a little difficult sometimes, the username and assigned pass could not be changed easy from others that don’t use teamviewer frequently, could be a GREAT feature to access any computer using a QR code like Whatsapp, or make the access more easy to not tech people. What about a device to turn On my computer from distance, a wifi relay or something, by that way we can turn on and off the computer and access literally any time from anywhere.

Joel from OneStrand

My Go To Remote Access Software

Pros

I love the functionality and features that TeamViewer offers. I have installed it on different family member's computers so I can remote in and offer them assistance whenever necessary. I can see when their computer is on or off. I can log in when they aren't using it and perform maintenance when necessary. I also love being able to access my home computers, home servers, and laptop wherever I am it. I can even gain access using my cell phone for those "emergency situations". Cell phone use is not great, but can get you by in a pinch when someone needs help on something simple. I love the feature set available when you are logged in. Passing key combinations to the remote computer, changing screen resolution, chat, and lots of other items are amazing to have. I like that I can simply disconnect and know that the remote computer will get locked automatically.

Cons

I don't like that I can't remote into a computer behind the scenes. If I am at work and I remote into my home computer, anyone sitting at my desk will see what I am doing. There is no way to hide my actions or work behind a locked screen. I really want the ability to do that when the case calls for it. The software is not easy to setup nor is it intuitive. Make one wrong move and you could end up paying for something you don't really want. The UI is not that great, but once you have it figured out, it's pretty easy to control.

Renee from Easton Neuropsychology

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for remote use or tech help

Pros

We have been using TeamViewer for approximately the last 2 years. If you prefer, you can download a small file that allows a one-time-use to give another individual access to your computer for a specific task. I've called software companies and needed tech support, and I've had them use TeamViewer this way. And when they're done you delete the file and it's off your machine. No account necessary. I also have received support from my outside Tech consultant in this way. If I need something upgraded on the computers that I can't handle, they log into my computer when I sit there and they fix the problem for me. You can also create an account that has more security, uses two-factor verification, tokens, and keep track of multiple computers which you can log into even when they are unattended, as long as you keep TeamViewer running on the other end. As it forces me to log in with a time-sensitive code and authentification program, it feels pretty safe to me, and I've never had a problem. We use QuickBooks, but don't want to pay for the cloud version. So when I need to, I can log into the computer at my office that's running it remotely, and run reports or create entries from home. and you can choose to log in right through the TeamViewer website to a browser, so the other computer is accessible from anywhere. It's saved me in a pinch multiple times, and kept me from having to purchase cloud-based versions of other programs that were beyond my budget.

Cons

I don't really see a downside to the program. I remember a year or two ago there were some security concerns, but a lot of this seemed to have to do with how stringent you are in how you choose to allow remote access to your computer. With the two-factor authentification and the use of security tokens, and the proper security settings on TeamViewer on my computer, I think it would be pretty darn difficult for somebody else to gain access to my computer. Just take the extra precautions even if it takes you an extra moment to login, and the peace of mind is worth it.

Elbek from Hanyang University

TeamViewer Review

I use Teamviewer for academic purposes. Mainly I use my workstations from outside university to do research, run simulations, etc. Despite some glitches or bugs, experience has been good.

Pros

Intuitive interface - Interface and usage of TeamViewer is pretty straightforward and easy for new users Cross Platform Support - TeamViewer has apps for all platforms that I use (Linux, Windows, Android) Customization - One can optimize remote desktop to speed or quality as well Clipboard Share/ File Share - One can copy file/text from two devices with just using clipboard or when connection is not very stable there is dedicated file share menu as well Good Messaging/Chat features - Teamviewer offers a video-chat and messaging for communication Easy access and management - One can assign many devices to one teamviewer account and access them pretty easily with or without prompt Local Usage - Devices running Teamviewer can be accessed even without Teamviewer server in Internet. One can access it using only IP in address in LAN VPN - Teamviewer offers built in VPN accesses

Cons

Cross platform clipboard - Sometimes there are some problems in clipboard between different platform devices Multi window support - Teamviewer connection only runs in one window, even for host with multi-monitor setup. I think there should be an option to have separate windows for multi-monitor setup Non-Commercial usage - Using teamviewer for commercial purposes is paid (It is understandable), but for personal usage there is limited usage time. Dedicated Remote Desktop - I think there should be an option to use devices in a style of SSH or windows RDP, which is dedicated to platform and it is a lot lag free and more straightforward then Streaming Screen capture.

Petr from DeCe COMPUTERS s.r.o.

Great support tool for remote clients

This app can really save your business and make user support a bit easier. The only problem is kind of aggresive pricing and licensing which make every older version unusable with the new one. It should be fine, but the clients are usually forced to update every time they run teamviewer on their computers.

Pros

100 times saved Teamviewer my life (or at least hundreds of kilometrs driving to remote sites). Broken update causing firewall blocked RDP, user mistake, mistake in setup, you name it. In most cases can teamviewer help you with quick fix remotely. Great option to create personalized quicksupport EXE file without the necessity to install on the remote computer. The GUI of the app is pretty straightforward for non-IT staff, so even a old lady can turn it on with a little guidance over the phone. Another great thing is ability to connect to server where no one is logged (with server ID), so you dont need another person on the remote site.

Cons

While I admire the functionality of Teamviewer, I found some problems. There were at least 3 long connection drops in last 4 months (for around 3 hours). It should not happened with the payed product used for user support. I also really dont like releasing new major versions of teamviewer. Few years ago we spent a bit money on Teamviewer 12 multilicense, while Teamviewer 13 was released just one month after it. We had no chance to use TV 13, only option was to buy new license.

Julian from Information Technology & Services

Best remote support software ever

I am very happy to use Teamviewer as my way to go software for remote control and support software. Definitely suggested.

Pros

Teamviewer is one of those products I started using since their early releases and since then It was love at first sight. Thanks to its ease of use and their way to provide a Host control software, it made my life extremely easier as IT Administrator to support my teammates wherever I was, wherever they were, around the world. Also, as Teamviewer provides a Free for Non-Commercial use, I like to use it at home too, to support my family with their daily struggles, when they need some support.

Cons

It's really difficult to mention some negative points in such an amazing software, which made the VNC world definitely easier to use.

Edward from Call for Help LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Teamviewer is a must have for all computer repair professionals.

Definitely someone I need for my business and will continuously budget for.

Pros

Full of features. Constantly updating the product. Ability to use the web to manage your users. License is for the lifetime of the version you purchased.

Cons

License is for the lifetime of the version you purchased. No free upgrades. Which has causes many issues with clients having the wrong version on his or her workstation.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Price and my techs preferred to use Teamviewer.

The best application for remote work

Pros

This software has been very useful to me since it came to market, especially for me, its main function of sharing and controlling desktops remotely, for example, on a personal level to obtain information from my personal computer and manage my LANs. In the same way, one of my jobs was to be Technical Support Analyst Level 1, and one of the applications of this software was to corroborate the tests of the clients that in some other way have already been confused and not that they do not have a good knowledge of the networks. telecommunications. As an IT analyst, he helps me in the remote work with servers, as well as in the transfer of files from PC to PC and to be able to resolve configuration errors and other incidents of the equipment without having to go to the site.

Cons

Among the main disadvantages, I mean not being able to use the application without Internet connection, although it is a purely interactive software, I should try to eliminate that feature because almost always, for example, in my country Venezuela, the Internet tends to have connection problems And they should extend the limit of computers for a session, even if it's just about controlling a single desktop, you can try to resolve many incidents at the same time, for example, for an IT staff and you should have several computers when in some very limited companies .

Best Personal Use Remote Desktop software

Teamviewer is my top choice for Personal use. it is free and can truly remote control workstations or Android phones from anywhere. However, if you need it for business use, you might want to check around if cost is an issue.

Pros

- very easy to setup. - The startup as a service feature is extremely useful for unattended login. I can logon to my home PC from anywhere without calling home to have someone to accept the connection first - I have been using this as supporting my family remotely - Love that fact that I can do the same to connect to an Android phone for remote support - Free for personal use. Software this powerful can be expensive but it is all FREE. - Best of it is that it is a true remote control of the machine, I can do absolutely everything remotely as opposed with Microsoft Remote Desktop. With MS RDP, some admin work is disable, for example, I might need a local user to help me to put in admin password. In some case, it is inconvient and sometimes, you really don't want to share the password

Cons

- Although it is free for personal use, cost to business is a bit hefty. i am not sure if it will be my top choice when i need it for business use - It updates quiet a lot. Sometimes I have machine that I have not connected for sometime and missed the update and hence unable to remote control anymore.

JOSE from INCOSTAS

Industry: Oil & Energy

We use this software to provide remote support to our users and customers on multiple platforms.

We have managed to help many of our internal clients in a fast and effective way.

Pros

I like that it works on any OS platform. I've proven that it works very well from your iOS APP with desktop computers, to provide good support. I've noticed that in that use, it does not consume a lot of mobile data and does not demand large amounts of mobile resources. In the desktop application, I like that it is very easy to use, it is easy to explain to the remote user that he should only open the application and indicate the ID and Password, after a few sessions, when the user asks for help, he already has it open and knows the data that we will ask. I like that I can place a personalized password to the teams which allows me to open the sessions remotely without intervention.

Cons

I have noticed that in the free version, when I connect to computers that are managed and I need to type the user and password of the administrator, the user appears, but to the one who is remotely, no. This makes it difficult to install applications, since you have to use a different procedure to install the applications. In the Windows version, the installation process should be very simple, as well as the option to indicate to the user that it is only a question of taking remote control and not of an installation that requires special permits. The internal chat must be more intuitive.

Mandeep from OATI

One of the best software for remote accessing and sharing information.

I am very happy with my experience with the software and very recently I used their android app and my experience was just vow!!!!! I would definitely recommend this software for remote accessing and troubleshooting.

Pros

My personal experience with TeamViewer is just amazing. I have been using this software on Microsoft Windows for remotely accessing systems of my colleagues in my organization for troubleshooting and other information sharing. I just love the fact that you just need to know the partners id and need to ask the access code and you can just operate the remote system just like you are operating that from your desk. That too including sharing of files and much more information between the devices securely. Guess what, like icing on top of a cake they have a TeamViewer applications for android and ios. Just love the fact that now you can remote access the mobile devices as well and help your family and friends in troubleshooting issues they are facing and not aware of how to handle them. Just best software and good product in its domain.

Cons

Only con I faced so far is that something sharing screen and operating it remotely require you to be on a very good network bandwidth. Sometime information sharing can be a not soo good experience. Apart from this I can say definitely that it's one of the best software in remote accessing.

Santosh from TDK

Very productive remote desktop tool in indusrty

I like this software above all, as it helped me several times when i stuck to any problem, i usually gives my destop access to somebody at remote location veryfar from me can access my program help me out to solve problems, and chat functionality helps me to connect uninterrupted, i would say thank you to team viewer to assist me through your platform

Pros

First of all, I love the principle it works on, it has unique features and end point security, technically speaking actually this technology made world very closer, usage of software is very simple, can connect from any corner of the world, you will get uninterrupted access to users PC, from your desk, this is extensively featured tool used in market to solbe problems on remote location. Make sure you bkth PCs should have uninterrupted fast internet

Cons

I liked so many things than unlikely few things such as it crashes very often, and its frequent updates makes it problematic to connect as both should have same version or remote pc require same or lower version but no higher version is allowed to connect which leads sometimes to frustration

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Both have almost same functionality but there is no such a strong readon, but interms of practicality and user interface team viewer is much better

Great product, reference for any other

Have had difficulties managing security because large support team mixed with staff turnover (and many supported devices of course). Besides that the only reason I don't use it in every environment Id been it's the price, there is a reason it is the reference each time you talk about remote support!

Pros

Easy of use and deployment, service availability, customization

Cons

You dont have a centralized log. Yes you have a report about your users and locally in each machine you can configure logs, but if you have a device that allows access using usr/pwd but does not requiere authorization from user and someone outside your organization logs in you dont know! Yes you can whitelist connections but sometimes you do need outsiders to connect and in large environments if difficult to meter this situation and rely on local logs for breaches... not good.

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

Features and easy to use, if fits my budget I'll choose it over any other.

Andres from Ingeniería DRIC

One of the best tools to take remote control

Great support for companies that are dedicated to technical support service, cheap and with a high reach

Pros

Ease of use and administration. Channels can be purchased and can be used upon request. It also has an unattended login functionality ideal for server administration.

Cons

There is something I don't like about the tool. It works properly, it is safe and also very cheap compared to similar tools

Reasons for Choosing TeamViewer

For being a more commercial tool than the rest or the like.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 6,440 reviews