All Shippo Reviews

Tiffany

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2022

Easy to use with good discounts

Marci

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2021

Saved by Shippo!

Overall this saved my little business! Cheaper than most others, quick and effective, you couldn't ask for much more than that!

PROS

If you have a small business and need to ship constantly this is the way to go! Cheap, fast and effective, it helps get the job done!

CONS

I would like to see a retrieval option for printing labels that have been marked as shipped. Sometimes I like to send freebies and extras to my customers and it would help being able to access the same label info and add it to a new label and tracking number.

Alex

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Very happy customer

Overall my experience has been a 10/10. In about 90% of shipments the rates on shippo are the best and the process is the quickest I’ve used.

PROS

The setup was a breeze and the rates are extremely competitive. One of my favorite features is the auto fill function with addresses. Payment is very straightforward and I enjoy reviewing the monthly reports on all my shipments.

CONS

The only negative I can say is that occasionally the auto fill on the address will pull something that is incorrect. I’ve had one package be shipped to the wrong address because of this. Luckily the address didn’t exist so the package was returned, but it took a full week to get it back and we had to reimburse the customer for the delay. I would suggest creating a review/confirm field after you click buy that allows you to review the final label for accuracy prior to it being purchased. I would have caught the error that way.

Reason for choosing Shippo

Stamps had a monthly account cost. It was far too expensive to justify the cost over shippo.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I switched because there was no monthly retainer charge as the number of shipments I send can vary drastically each month. So I wanted something that charged per shipment and not a minimum cost just to have an account. I also moved away from usps directly because their prices are just too high and their website is not good for anything other than priority mail.

CURTIS

Reviewed April 2021

Be aware the carrier they contract with is not the same as if you go directly to the carrier...

With the fact they do not have phone support I must tell you avoid their services. While there are links and procedures to follow to put through insurance claims or communicate other issues there is a lag time and don't expect a live person. My suggestion: Read their legal ease carefully, pick another service or simply buy direct where there may be a human to help...

PROS

It is easy to use and relatively fast to get an order processed and paid for.

CONS

...the shipping carriers they represent are not giving you exactly the same services as if you bought from them directly.... I send high value packages and I buy insurance for them. I tend to exclusively ship using the USPS option. It is the lowest price generally and they have never lost a package I have sent. The problem came when for the first time a client CLAIMED they did not receive the item. Short story is USPS did not know to require a signature and the package was left. Shipsurance shippos insurance claimed I didn't buy the signature required. However USPS does not require you buy it as an extra charge when the package exceeds $500. It automatically comes with it. Since shippo uses the carriers' logos, I assume I am actually buying from the USPS as they provide their service. I hand off the packages to the local post office and they scan it... Shame on shippo for not being EXTREMELY clear what you are buying and how they may be different then buying from the carrier themselves... A simple banner pop up saying are you aware... is critical but absent. Of course you can buy the extra service... but then I might have shopped around and that is why they don't... In my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

To save money, however I have returned to the original service...

Phil

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Recommended Ease

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office. To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

PROS

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels Commercial Rates for USPS The ability to print multi shipment manifests Label purchases are billed once a week Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place 5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

CONS

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated. I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing. I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

Reason for choosing Shippo

Pricing, I may pay more in the long run as shipment volume increase but in the early years, no monthly charge to send 5 packages a month was better. Now I send about 50.

Britt

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

eCommerce is a fun now

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

PROS

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

CONS

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Reason for choosing Shippo

The mascot, copywriting/language use, customer service interface, and overall layout of the product were my deciding factors. I also liked there was not an ounce of pressure to do the paid tiers if I didn't need that level of bells/whistles for my business.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I didn't like the "bank" and minimum balance requirements for printing the labels. I also struggled with implementing ShipStations services into my website update. It was hard to tell when/how they planned to innovate.

Ellen

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Good shipping services

PROS

I can print shipping labels easily, and they have a good discount on most carriers. The software is easy to understand and use, and we transitioned seamlessly from our old provider.

CONS

When you try to send a tracking email, it drops the ball. It does not let me look at the email to be sent or verify the email address, and simply flashes an "email sent" screen. It does this even if the recipient does not have a known email address. Sine we have low shipping volume, I simply send the emails myself.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Endicia had allowed so many fraudulent credit cards to go through that Wells Fargo had blocked all credit card transactions from them. This made it very inconvenient.

Hi Ellen, Thanks for leaving us a review. We're happy to hear that Shippo has helped streamline your shipping process! We recently launched a new tracking experience that allows you to manage your tracking notification emails with ease! For instance, you can preview what your tracking email looks like, enable notifications so a tracking email can be sent out to all of your customers, and more! You can visit this link to check it out: https://apps.goshippo.com/settings/tracking-page Also, if you'd like to look at a customer's email address, you can head to your "Orders" page and hover over a customer's name to preview their email. We hope this information helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to support@goshippo.com. If you prefer chatting with one of our Support members, please feel free to give us a call at your convenience at (415)-779-7447 and we'd be happy to help. We offer Phone Support M-F from 9-5 PST. Thank you, Shippo Support

Replied June 2022

Tiffany

Reviewed August 2022

The easiest shipping sotfware around

Overall, a very user-friendly and simple shipping application.

PROS

This product was super easy to learn and implement! Everything is broken down in a user-friendly fashion. There are separate locations for orders run through shippo and orders proceed through a different application making it easy to navigate and search. Tracking numbers are displayed with a clickable link so no need to hit extra buttons just to find what you are looking for.

CONS

The search function can be a little difficult. If you are looking for a particular say first and last name. The search will bring up every order that has something similar. EX. Looking for a Sally Miller, all orders with the name Sally will come up, even if the last name was searched.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Integrated a new inventory management system that would not work or tie to shipping easy.

Joanna

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Great option for any business

PROS

We couldn't get through the day without Shippo. We are constantly shipping products everyday and without an easy streamlined system like Shippo we would not be able to function as a business. it's quick and simple. I like that it helps with the addresses, if you put it part of the address it will automatically put in the rest of it. If you have a business that requires you to ship then you need to have Shippo!

CONS

I don't like the recent change with having the green box at the bottom right hand corner rather than where it used to be in the upper left hand corner.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

It was an option on my website so I thought I would give it a try since I didn't like the other one I used.

Tim

Consumer Electronics, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Great Shipping Software Highly Recommended

Since all labels render as a PDF file, I can reprint mis-printed labels as many times as needed...gone are the days of having to reload funds to purchase new labels due to printer malfunction. I also enjoy the discounted pricing on USPS labels. Haven't tried other carriers but I like the option of having UPS and DHL as well, maybe I will try them one day.

PROS

Amazing shipping software, can't be any happier since switching from stamps.com. Easy to easy, convenient and integrates well with eBay.

CONS

Doesn't seem to integrate well with Square/Weebly online store, I noticed that the package tracking number was not carrying over to the Square order, it will just mark it as shipped with a blank tracking info

Reason for choosing Shippo

Reviews and going through a successful trial period where it met my requirement.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I got tired of having to tie up my money and having to purchase new labels when my printer jammed. Plus I had acquired a new thermal printer and Stamps.com did not support it, while Shippo did.

Brittany

Reviewed August 2019

Switched to Shippo, Never leaving

PROS

I really love the fact that I am able to purchase shipping labels at a cheaper cost then everywhere else I have looked. With the amount of packages my business sends, this has been a life saver. I also love the ease of use with setting up the package weight and dimensions.

CONS

When selecting the shipping service, I wish there were better dividers between types of services AND conpanies. I've accidentally clicked "Parcel Select" for USPS a couple of times which takes triple the time to arrive to the customer. When I'm moving quickly, it slips past me sometimes.

Reason for choosing Shippo

Better price, Ease of Use, everything is right in front of you- you don't have to go digging for setting up labels.

Tim

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

A great service that drastically improves efficiency

PROS

Orders show up directly from our online store in shippo’s software so printing labels and filling orders is quicker and uses less labor

CONS

I honestly have had no problems using Shippo and have loved it

Reasons for switching to Shippo

The cost per month of ship station didn’t make sense to us when Goshippo is available.

Benjamin

Sporting Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Great shipping software!

PROS

Very user friendly, easy to set up, and easy to use. Much faster than our previous options.

CONS

The lack of mobile support. The dashboard is very hard to use on a phone.

Reason for choosing Shippo

Cheapest for my use - liked the pay-per-label option.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Better integration with new website.

Devlyn

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

Integration can be tricky, but well worth the effort

I've not had any issues with Shippo at all. I only use USPS for shipping so I can only comment on that and it's certainly sped up the process as well as eliminated a lot of the frustration. I love that I can set up pre-sets (package type/weight) to make the process even easier. A huge benefit is that it's helped me SAVE money. Because I'm able to ship small packages first class, very small orders have become cheaper to ship which has benefitted my clients and my business.

PROS

I found Shippo during the early days of the pandemic when I was making and shipping masks every day. I've made over 2000 masks and counting by myself and most orders were small, so the amount of packages went from a typical 2-3 packages per week to 20. I just didn't have time to type in each order on the USPS website and Shippo was a life saver. I was able to integrate/import my orders from various platforms including Etsy, Square Marketplace, and Airtable (using 3rd party automation at times) to make shipping a matter of a few clicks. Now my biggest shipping concern is whether or not my printer is going to cooperate each day.

CONS

It would be great if there were easier integration setups with more platforms, but really once it's set up, it takes almost no effort. This can be a bit tricky for folks who aren't tech savvy. I'm a one person operation, so whether I'm good at doing things or not doesn't really matter since I'll be the one doing them regardless. I was able to fumble my way through it and the ease of that really depended on which third party app I was using. If you're good with API or very familiar with setting up automation through Zapier, Integromat, Automate.io, etc then you will likely not struggle much.

Reason for choosing Shippo

Shippo was recommended to me by a friend and I reached out and grabbed it like the lifeline I needed. If you feel like you're drowning under your shipping process, give Shippo a try.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

As I said before, I really had no choice. Entering each order by hand was too time consuming and I was working 16 hour days already just trying to keep up with orders. I needed something to streamline the process.

Amber

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Perfect at home shipping tool

Shippo has helped my business financially. I ship USPS packages frequently and using this software has saved me a bunch of money.

PROS

Shippo is very easy to use and does not require a monthly fee and you still receive a discounted rate on your shipping purchases.

CONS

The software is always refreshing so it does take some patience to use it. After entering package details, it refreshes; after entering weight, it refreshes, etc. Would like to be able to tab quickly through in entering details.

No monthly fee.

No monthly fee to use.

Amaris

Computer Games, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2021

I love Shippo!

Saving a couple of bucks on USPS Flat Rate Boxes and Express Mailing envelopes has been a great help! I also vaguely remember that after signing up, someone from Shippo's customer service team reached out to ask if I needed a tutorial and even gave me a walk through of the services provided and answered any questions I had. I definitely felt welcomed and appreciated.

PROS

My favorite thing about this software is that to use it I did not have to be in E-Commerce. I am able to sign in and create a label manually and I am also able to upload a .csv file to create the labels needed for a mass shipping. The reason I use Shippo is because since last March my company has been working remotely. But at the end of the day we still needed a sure fire way to get new hire swag out to new employees and mail forwarding to my other teams. Before Shippo I was using the USPS website and right before shipping out 70 t-shirts the USPS software crash for 4 days. Not only was I under a time constraint but I had a lot of shipping to do! Shippo made mailing out those 70 packages super simple, fast and cheap! I also recently got a thermal printer and it was so easy to change the format the labels print in. I would definitely recommend Shippo.

CONS

What I least like about using Shippo is that currently, when my company mails out new hire equipment like laptops and monitors we like to ship through Fedex for insurance and delivery time purposes. My issue here is that because my whole company is remote, I receive the details for the label (recipient, address, weight and value) via email and am not able to fill out the entirety of the sections that need to be filled out on Shippo. Therefore, I mostly use Shippo for mail forwarding and new hire swag and I switch over to Fedex for equipment and time sensitive shipping.

Charis

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

Thee Game Changer!

I love Shippo period and point blank!

PROS

Shippo is extremely easy to use! It has been a game changer for my business, literally no taping labels to boxes anymore, no waiting to track orders, no having to personally communicate with customers about their order, no having to translate from my business to shippo and orders, Shippo does all of that!

CONS

The only con is that I wish there was a delete and a hide button instead of just a hide button, because I don’t want to have to look at orders that were picked up/dropped off, that will never get shipped. I want to be able to delete. Definitely not a deal breaker though, it’s an OCD thing.

Simplicity