Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Just a great Hubspot integration with an amazing customer service team. Definitely know what they are doing and they are excellent in helping you reach your goals."
  • icon"I like the ability and that it works with Zappier. Support is good and has been helpful."
  • icon"Salesmsg is an excellent 2-Way SMS platform. Their native integration with Keap (Infusionsoft) enables us to trigger significant automations and really extend the power of their product."
  • icon"The inability to send a message to multiple people quickly and easily."
  • icon"The mobile app is difficult to use. It struggles to load messages so we find ourselves using the desktop app 99% of the time."
  • icon"It is very hard to carry on a conversation via the app. Being tied down to a computer to respond to customers is not ideal for the mobile business we are."

Have you used Salesmsg and would like to share your experience with others?

All Salesmsg Reviews

Susan

2-Way SMS

SalesMsg has been great. I had it up and running in no time at all.

Pros

I love this software. It's easy to set up, use, and the deep integration with ActiveCampaign has already enabled me to close two sales I would have missed previously. The app is awesome!

Cons

I haven't found anything not to like about the software yet. If I have to choose something, I'd love to see Calendly as a meeting option.

Reasons for choosing Salesmsg

The ActiveCampaign integration and app.

Reasons for switching to Salesmsg

I had programmed 2-way SMS with Twilio but there are no decent apps to use it with. TwiConnect is the only one and it doesn't do notifications.

Emily

Industry: Cosmetics

Functional & great service

Positive

Pros

Customer service is really helpful. I link up the texting platform to my booking software and I love that it has that API - it never fails. Texts come in without any lag time. There is call forwarding that is essential for me and my business.

Cons

Little bit of a lag on call forwarding. The software can be a little buggy but that is to be expected with such a new product.

Reasons for switching to Salesmsg

They were expensive, customer service was not helpful and the capabilities featured were additional

Isaiah

February 2022

Perfect ActiveCampaign Companion

10/10

Pros

Super easy ActiveCampaign integration. Works amazingly well with automations, app is clean, messages go through without a problem and all messages are recorded in my active campaign contact notes. I’ve used a few other services and this is by far the best for 2 way automated text campaigns and automation.

Cons

Had an issue with messages not going through but it was solved quickly.

Ease of integration

Reasons for switching to Salesmsg

2 way messaging and ActiveCampaign integration.

Melissa

Industry: Music

June 2022

Salesmsg review

Works great. Great customer service too.

Pros

This product has made my life so much easier! We now can easily schedule our prospective students for appointment times to speak with us. This being automated has saved us a lot of time. Also, I like being able to keep my business separate from my personal accounts so I'm not always bothered.

Cons

It would be nice if I could create a custom voicemail just for this service so it doesn't have to transfer to my personal phone. Also, it would be nice if it had a few more native integrations so I don't have to rely on also paying for Zapier.

Response from Salesmsg

Thanks Melissa! Good news is you can create your own custom voicemail with Salesmsg. Head to Settings > Inbox > Settings and create your voicemail!

Replied June 2022

Alexander

Industry: Security and Investigations

March 2022

It is more than just a text messaging machine.....

Great guys over at Salesmsg.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service for additional information needed.

Cons

Sometimes the APP can be slow to catch up but very rarely it is a problem.

Reasons for choosing Salesmsg

Easy of use and the price was alot cheaper.

Sherry

Great Product and Helpful People

Pros

This easily integrated into HubSpot and when problems arise or I have questions, I receive prompt assistance. They have worked diligently on my behalf to resolve issues and assist me in understanding the best practices.

Cons

I wish the analytics were more robust and that opt-in/opt-out data was more representative of who actually opts in instead of just an expression of those who didn't opt-out.

Reasons for choosing Salesmsg

HubSpot Integratoin seemed easy and the staff offered support and tutorials to get started.

May 2022

Great product for safe, effective messaging

Overall very thankful for the product and ease of use. Critical for recording data for interactions etc. also, appreciate the integration with our CRM we use with Hubspot.

Pros

The safety features it provides and ease of use for one to one messaging.

Cons

Creating groups in broadcasts. It could use some work on making this easier for larger groups. Tagging each contact to crate the group is difficult.

Patrick

SMS texts for our call center booking process

We've been glad for the ability to have an SMS feature that can be shared across multiple sales people in our call center. It's been a good value, priced well.

Pros

We're able to trigger the sending of an SMS message via the API from the web-based SaaS that runs our quoting and order taking business. We can thereby start an SMS conversation automatically when the prospect requests a quote. Then we can manually follow up with that prospect within SalesMessage to close the sale. Anyone on our team can reply and see replies back. It helps us communicate outside of email for the urgent quoting and booking process in our business.

Cons

Features continue to be added, and we like the pace of development. The integration via the API was good, then some updates were made that limited the 'merge fields' (sort of) that we could make use of. We welcome more capacity for us to send data into SMS messages within the API.

Reasons for choosing Salesmsg

At the time CallRail didn't have an SMS feature, didn't have the LeadCenter features it does today. Still we like what SalesMessage has done with their API and pricing and its remained a good value for us going on 4 years.

Matthew

Needs Improvement

Pros

Ability to tag, opt out and manage text messages.

Cons

The system is slow and the app does not work that well. It is very hard to carry on a conversation via the app. Being tied down to a computer to respond to customers is not ideal for the mobile business we are. It would be nice to receive a text while I am out of office and be able to respond right away opposed to waiting to get to a computer to respond.

Response from Salesmsg

Hi Matthew, we do have a mobile app for Android and iPhone so you can text on the go. Just download the mobile app and this will solve your problem.

Replied November 2018

Adam

My day using Salesmsg

Sending messages is quick and easy. I can usually send messages while doing other things at the same time. It has enabled me to become even more efficient in my daily routine.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. I message 20-50 different clients per day, and Salesmsg makes it easy to do so. I like that I can save numerous canned messages so that I do not have to retype the same message over and over. I can typically send a message out while leaving a voice message because it is so simple to do so.

Cons

I do not have many cons about it. The only thing I would say is that sometimes when I search for a contact in the search bar, nothing comes up at first. I will have to search with a different piece of contact information to find them.

Abby

Time saving

-Customer service is fantastic (turn-around time for questions is impressive, as well) -The monthly tips are short, sweet, and incredibly helpful adds each month -Appreciate all the time (and memory) the app saves me

Pros

-Ease of use -Easy to set up -Easy to add members -Saves an incredible amount of time -Integrates with other apps

Cons

-Would love for it to integrate with FrontRush (recruiting software for athletic recruiting), however, realize it may not be the best market for it, at this time.

Jonathan

July 2022

Salesmsg Integrates Well - Business Text-Messaging Made Simple

Allows me to not have my personal cell # floating out there, when I can use my SalesMsg #.

Pros

Seamlessly integrates into HubSpot so I can use the app on my phone when I'm on the go, or use it right inside HS when at my desk and don't have to download other apps or open more browser tabs to communicate with prospects and clients.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag between when I click on the number I want to text and when I'm able to begin composing a message. Happens rarely, but enough that it's annoying.

Joey

Very good SMS Marketing Tool

Very good tool (I know of no better one) for marketing via SMS.

Pros

Great user interface for managing SMS with an entire contact database. I have seen NO tool even close to how good this looks. Automations, integrations with Zapier + ActiveCampaign, make this tool insanely powerful!

Cons

Missing a few small features, but they keep adding them monthly.

UI, features list.

Response from Salesmsg

Thanks Joey! Really appreciate the 5 star review!

Replied November 2021

Gregg

Industry: Restaurants

I use Salesmsg daily

Very helpful in reminding people of meetings they have scheduled with me. I also enjoy that Salesmsg links to our CRM so that texts are linked to contact records.

Pros

The number of 'no show' appointments has drastically reduced as more people avoid email but cannot resist seeing texts on their smartphones.

Cons

I haven't found a missing feature in my daily use of the system.

Great Communication Tool

Overall the software works pretty well, a few glitches once in a while with the auto sends not sending but customer service is always great and assists in fixing any issues.

Pros

I love that this software integrates with PipeDrive and it keeps out teams texting all in one place as well as in our CRM.

Cons

I wish it had better integration with PipeDrive where I could sent texts right from there.

Response from Salesmsg

Thanks for the feedback David! We have some new updates coming to the Pipedrive integration and Chrome extension that will allow you to text from Pipedrive!

Replied March 2021