All Hootsuite Reviews

Sean

Real Estate, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Colleen

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Hootsuite is the top software for handling many social media accounts.

In overall, it's the best tool to use if you need to manage many social media accounts at once, particularly on Twitter and Facebook.

PROS

Hootsuite is simple to operate; I really like that all the platforms I use can be shown on a single page, and the publisher screen makes it simple to see at a glance precisely what you're posting on each day across all of your accounts. You can just drag and drop to rearrange your articles, and adding images is just as simple. It couldn't be much better.

CONS

I can't think of a single drawback to this system. Very user-friendly, it rarely experiences outages. You may relax knowing that the program will automatically publish your posts once you've entered them. In two years of use, I have never once seen a bug in this program.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

because Hootsuite is a fantastic app to use for making and scheduling social network postings. The calendar function aids my organization and provides a bird's-eye perspective of the activity across all my primary social media platforms.

Arzu

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

PROS

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

CONS

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

To manage multiple social media accounts from a single platform

Terry

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great product little pricey

PROS

Great product just very costly. Have not had time to look around but will,

CONS

Price has gotten very pricey. Will be looking at alternatives

Kate

Retail, 11-50 employees

HootSuite Photo Sharing

PROS

I was a user invited from a brand to join hootsuite as a photo sharing app. I liked how easy it was to sign up and get access.

CONS

I wish there was more customization, i.e downloading zip files.

Amit

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Hootsuite - My Review as a SMM

I think it has been an important tool for us to schedule our content and understand how they are performing. It's annual report (a sum of all SM platforms performance) is absolutely amazing. A touch pricey, but highly recommended.

PROS

The ease of use. Very nice userflow. Impressive Dashboards. Easy to schedule and manage your content. Very nice analytics report. Their free educational resources are very helpful as well!

CONS

It is expensive. Also, one needs to reconnect the SM accounts as it tends to disconnect every now and then. Can't tag Instagram accounts while scheduling.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

More features, for sure. Goes beyond Instagram and Facebook. Their analytics and performance reports are amazing.

Hollie

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Hoot Hoot - We Love Hootsuite!

Awesome! Absolutely love the tool and it is one of the best tools at my disposal in my role.

PROS

I love so many things about Hootsuite. The analytics and reporting features have been awesome for monthly reporting. It makes creating reports super easy and pulls great data points that bosses love to see. It makes social media management much more...well... manageable!

CONS

I wish I could incorporate other socials into the tool like Linkedin and Threads, maybe I haven't branched out enough but I would like to see how those work!

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

It's a HOOT!

Nothing but net. Couldn't be more pleased with the experience.

PROS

Friend of mine on Twitter recommended it to me and the reality matched the description I was given.

CONS

Cost was a bit of a surprise but I discovered value of having the right program.

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Very Less Features Available

I think they need to revamp there user experience to be in the market again.

PROS

I don't think so because it just old school and the new products available in market are more cool, more features and more interactive.

CONS

I used to use Hootsuite only in past years when we don't have that much option available for social media content scheduling. I have realized the new products have more features available as compared to Hootsuite. I found cool features like AI integration in the content thing in new products and what tone you want for your content.

qasm

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Review an app Hootsuite

I love this application and I love to use it

PROS

A great application for fast marketing and does not need a lot of Internet

CONS

I think it needs a slight adjustment in customer service

Carlos María

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Hootsuite. Not best in class but affordable and easy to use

We can manage in one place all social media posts for all our customers.

PROS

It is to set up new social media channels. Also you can configure teams with access to a specific social media channel. The canva style view to manage each account or social media channel is OK.

CONS

The interface is boring and old. And sometimes you lost connection with a social media affecting your already programmed posts. The reports in ppt format also could be better. Their look & feel is not so good and need adjustements before sharing with a client.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Because it is easy to use, the onboarding for new members of the team is also easy and the cost is quite good compared the other options available in the market.

Christian

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Effortless Social Media Management

PROS

I love how Hootsuite’s simple dashboard lets me handle all my social media in one place. I can set up a week’s worth of posts to go out at the best times.

CONS

Sometimes the dashboard takes longer to load or refresh, causing delays when I'm trying to schedule posts quickly.

Audrey

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Can't beat Hootsuite

Fantastic. It's like having an assistant that will post, engage and collect information, allowing me to get more work done and be more productive thru out the day.

PROS

Ease of use. The free trial is perfect to give you an idea of just how easy it is.

CONS

It once was free to use. Would love to save a few bucks and have it free again.

Missionary Clayton

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

A Useful Product

PROS

After using Hoostsuite for many years it is flawless and a welcome help. I recommend it!

CONS

At this time there are no negatives to report that I know of.

10,000+ employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2024

Manage ypursocial media in one place great

PROS

You can manage and program the post for the wholr month so ots comsistence.

CONS

It could integrate more socialmedia platforms.

Thomas

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

PROS

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's customizable streams can be helpful in mitigating a lot of the noise that comes along with social media, but constant algoritm and UI updates to platforms like Twitter can make streams obsolete quickly. The platform is super simple to get set up and running with, and the free version (which I'm currently using for my personal accounts/projects) is perfectly serviceable for teams with 3 social accounts or fewer. I've never had to reach out to support, but Hootsuite's online presence is great and they're constantly providing materials that are helpful to social media managers.

CONS

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Pricing for the most part. At the time, HubSpot was still charging for every level of their services. Once I started using it, the autoscheduling feature became too important to me to consider switching. As long as Hootsuite allows me to manage my 3 accounts for free, I'll continue to use their services.

Steve

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Used To Be Great...

PROS

I've been using Hootsuite for a long time for multiple businesses/clients and I have loved the capability they offer for a reason able price, but unfortunately that recently changed. So I'll get to that in the cons section. I do still love how easy it is to schedule but that is about it. Everything else, I'm no longer a fan of.

CONS

1. When you schedule something if you need to go back and make an edit it is very time consuming and cumbersome. 2. You used to be able to have something like 5 profiles connected on the free plan and schedule out 20 posts but now you can only have 2 profiles and 5 posts. 3. The paid plans are way too expensive in my opinion for what you get compared to other platforms like Later. 4. The analytics are not that helpful in my opinion. I can get more information on Facebook directly than Hoostuite. 5. I have had a lot of technical problems lately. Getting a lot of random errors and having to redo a post or getting errors connecting a profile, etc. All making it pretty hard to use the software anymore.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

It was the cheapest at the time.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Hoosuite had a free plan. Otherwise I love Sprout Social so so so much more in every way except the price. Sprout Social is way too expensive in my opinion so I switched to Hoostuite because it was the most cost effective at the time, not so much anymore.

Rezaul

Research, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2022

It enables us to attract new clients and reach out to our devoted supporters.

By scheduling posts to go out at the most effective times, you may reach more customers, increase interaction, and increase conversions.

PROS

Hootsuite's first significant application was scheduling posts for times when I wasn't available to post them. Today, there are a ton of scheduling tools available, including automatic schedules that publish our posts at the same time every day regardless of when I compose them, eliminating the need for me to manually enter the information each time.Hootsuite has a ton of information to display, thus in order to manage it all, it is presented in tabbed styles. I have full control over our feeds and can alter what displays on a particular tab. Prioritize influencer messages, create a tab just for customer service messages, whatever.With analytics, I may learn more about what customers desire and compile that information into reports that I can customize.Manage and evaluate the effectiveness of social advertising to attract new clients in addition to devoted followers.

CONS

Sadly, the fundamental plan has certain flaws. If I want advanced features, I'll have to pay.There are some issues with the post creator's text editor.It is annoying to not be able to amend a planned post within five minutes of the scheduled publishing time.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Making and scheduling content in advance for numerous platforms saves time.

Ripon

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Impressive social media management

Hootsuite offers a range of collaboration tools, enabling teams to work together on social media campaigns and strategies.

PROS

Hootsuite enables users to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard, making it a popular choice for businesses with a strong social media presence.Hootsuite offers advanced scheduling and automation tools, which can save time and streamline social media management workflows.Hootsuite provides detailed analytics and reporting features, enabling businesses to track social media engagement, performance, and customer interactions.

CONS

While Hootsuite offers a range of advanced features, some users may find the tool complex and difficult to navigate, particularly those who are new to social media management.Some users have reported limitations in using third-party APIs with Hootsuite, which can be a drawback for businesses that rely on automation and integration capabilities.

Reason for choosing Hootsuite

Excellent customer service with advanced features.

Reasons for switching to Hootsuite

Because of more advanced features.

Justin