• icon"Clean template and administration page, quick access on most suff, very easy to configure."
  • icon"Also there was some stuff they just did it for me without charging me anything. Amazing product quick updates I am more then satisfied with it."
  • icon"I like the fact you can add predictions using this software as its very popular and fun with for the users, the customer support is also amazing."
  • icon"Documentation could have been more detailed sometimes. Missing community of users and admins in my surrounding."
  • icon"It is a bit sad that we miss proper integration between Elementor page builder and JoomSport. We have to use JoomSport shortcodes and widgets."
  • icon"Its not complicated, just a bit archaic in execution. I have no doubt they'll implement a more seamless upgrade method in future with the regular improvements they make."

All JoomSport Reviews

Henok

Joomsport an awesome plugin

I have been using Joomsport since 2015 and have been the main power of my site. I have also used a custom development from Joomsport with a very fair price and excellent support.

Pros

It's easy and powerful, Every component on this software is interlinked which have satisfied my visitors a lot, The support is amazingly awesome,

Cons

The Wordpress admin user interface to manage match days is less user friendly than what I used to know on Joomla.

Response from BearDev

Thank you, Henok!

Replied December 2018

Richard

A Quality Product, Easy to Use and Great Value

It is a key part of our plans for increasing awareness of the sport over the next 3-5 years through development of a community website covering tournaments around the world and has been a major factor in increased website activity during 2017.

Pros

It is a product with multiple features that works very smoothly 'out of the box', is easy to set up and use with clear, well structured, flexible layouts and provides a quality user experience for visitors as well as our members who run their leagues/cups/tournaments using the Front End Managament option. The excellent documentation, feedback/ideas section and support allowed us to tailor the product to suit our specific requirements for the sport in a way that facilitates the inclusion of new features as part of future development. It has considerably reduced the administration time for team/season administrators and with updates available from any device before, during and after matches, there is faster access to league and cup information for everyone. It can handle any number of tournaments, how many is up to you. The annual cost is only 50 cents per day with large discounts from year two onwards and a 15 day money back guarantee, providing great value. Overall it is an essential part of any website that requires a Sports Management Package and has a team that is focused on providing the best solutions for their customers. We only work with suppliers that we consider to be totally reliable with high quality products, a similar level of support and value for money; JoomSport/BearDev easily meets all those conditions.

Cons

There is not a lot to say here as the product works very well and although there are always new features that i would like to see every day (a bit like a child wanting more sweets), I know they will appear in time as part of a professional development process.

Response from BearDev

Thank you Richard! Hope we will be able to build a great Lawn Bowls project with you!

Replied December 2017

Gavin

Customer Support Amazing But Not Compatible With Woocommerce :(

Pros

Cons

Joomsport has a long way to go to before I would recommend to others, so much basic stuff that should work that doesen't, it seems any fixes are always asked as custom work. * Not Compatable With Woocommerce * Not Compatable With Ultimate Member * Lots Don't Work With Individual Sport * Lots Bugs That Still Need To Be Fixed I am hoping that a software with potential will eventually work along huge software like Woocommerce.

Response from BearDev

Thank you for your review Gavin! Indeed in some cases we find it quite hard to work on just any new new idea that customer offers to public version. We maintain significant number of customers who use it for different sports and are trying to be extremely accurate adding new features into public. We don't want our solution to become complicated and overloaded with features that are required by one or two clients. Apologies if we couldn't deliver something that was expected by you within a single license payment.

Replied March 2018

Great extension, works well for eSports!

I'm using this extension for years. I first used it for tournaments on a little eSports website, then used it also to follow some professionnal league (On League of Legends). I'm also using the prediction plugin. Joomsports may look expensive, but it's worth its price. It has a ton of features to manage your own tournaments (Group stage, playoffs, etc...), and you can choose to let people fill their own results, or fill yourself the result, depending on what you do prefer. That flexibility is also on the admin part. If you want to have a lot of details about teams and players, like, nationality, career, ruling, etc... You can. Don't want to fill all those fields because you don't have enough time, or just want to keep it simple and just show the team results? You also can. The prediction plugin is also a very cool one. Not as easy to use as the base component, but the spirit is here, and you can easily manage some bets on your website, as the predictions results are updated each time you fill the result of a match, and as it blocks any change once the match is started (If you properly filled the date/hour, of course). There is still room for improvements, of course, but it's definitely a great extension to have if you manage a sport/esport website, and want to do it easily :)

Pros

- Match of the day feature, showing you which results you'll have to fill. - Possibility to manage a lot of data if you want to, or to keep it simple (Using only teams, without being obligated to fill the players part. - Ability to let users on front end filling their results, making a tournament a lot easier to manage. - Prediction plugin, letting people betting on their team, or on a ligue.

Cons

- Lot of features have a downside, as it takes time to fully understand what you can/can't do with this extension. - Some quick ergonomical problems, like, if you name a matchday "Week 1" for 2 different leagues, it does means that on menu administration, you'll have several "Week 1" on the listing, bringing some confusion. Those are not big problems (Here it's easy to find which one is the good one as the listing works with the creation date), but still a room of improvements. - Some translations are sometimes not appropriated.

Response from BearDev

Thank you!

Replied March 2019

Nikolay

Best solution for managing local leagues: Basketball, Soccer, Hockey

I have used JoomSport software for more than 3 years. Initially I purchased it for managing my team website. I have to mention that before I had had all information in Excel. In couple months of using JoomSport I realized that it’s perfect solution for managing stats of the whole Championship. At that moment our championship had outdated website with more than 5 years data and stats, but it was updated manually and not timely. So I decided to provide keen and tough competition to that website. Thanks to JoomSport we put information in a fast and effective way so in a year the majority of users preferred our website. As a result couple years later that website was closed as it hadn’t met the competition. The most significant fact is that: made this way with JoomSport we have launched our championships. And now we are managing stats for all local leagues: Basketball, Soccer, Hockey ,Russian hockey/Ball hockey. As a result currently we are the official information resource representative of our district.

Pros

1. Fast and efficient HelpDesk 2. User-friendly interfaces to put data: Players, Teams, Matches. 3. Regular updates and new features delivery 4. Hospitability and willingness of JoomSport team to improve functionality on customer demand.

Cons

Fortunately I haven't met any disadvantage yet

Replied January 2019

Rafael

Great Tools and better support

Great developer experience

Pros

Very easy to use and easy to customize, but the most added value is the support, always ready to help us in our developments.

Cons

Sometimes is difficult to customize it, but customer team always are ready to help us

Response from BearDev

Thank you Rafael!

Replied October 2020

Tony

Easy to use, excellent support from the developers and a great end result that compliments your site

This software has greatly reduced the turnover of in between season time that we once had to go through. Its also simplified a lot of day to day tasks we go through with the software. Its also improved the look of our site with the modules we can use with the software.

Pros

1. Very easy to get up and running and can be as simple or as complex as you make it. 2. Support from the developers is superb. I've had simple problems fixed and also enhanced features on my site thanks to their help. 3. Aesthetically the best league software on the market for me. 4. While Aesthetics are one thing, for my needs, this software needed to be able to handle multiple leagues running at the same time, with a large player database. Its delivered that and also greatly reduced the amount of man hours we needed to commit to each season for setup purposes.

Cons

1. Cost. It looks a big outlay initially, but when you have this type of software and support, you are getting your moneys worth. So, for some, it would be a con, but for me, we've made the right choice and are most definitely getting value for money. 2. Upgrade method. While this is something that will improve over time as they have shown already in the time I've used this software, its not the most intuitive upgrade path when they release new versions. Its not complicated, just a bit archaic in execution. I have no doubt they'll implement a more seamless upgrade method in future with the regular improvements they make.

Response from BearDev

Thank you Tony for the great review!

Replied June 2017

Jeremy

Industry: Military

Fantastic template and extension style. Add-on is great. All the features we needed for our league.

Organization of an antiquated way of tracking our league, teams, and players. We now have a platform that can sustain us for years to come and set us apart from other leagues. Marketing ourselves is even better with our new style and design made possible by this company (BearDev; Joomsport Pro).

Pros

Out of the box it had everything we needed and more! Still discovering great features of the template. I especially like the depth of configuration with player statistics we can add.

Cons

The only thing I could conceivably complain about would be the match-generator add-on. I found a bug but BearDev responded quickly when it was brought to their attention and they are diligently working on the fix.

Response from BearDev

Thank you, Jeremy!

Replied February 2018

Anita

Industry: Graphic Design

JoomSport is perfect for larger tournaments

I had to find a software to create a tournament with 5 leagues and 178 teams and at the same time it should be easy to use for my client. It should be easy to create matchdays and also easy to insert results after each match. I can transfer the website to my client well knowing that they can easily manage the tournament themselves.

Pros

It is easy to install and you are quick to set up a tournament with players, clubs and staff. Make a tournament with leagues, seasons and match days in no time. You can even create Extra fields that you can be assigned to player, Team, matches and more.

Cons

That I could not show the 5 first matches from a single group. But it should be resolved in the next update.

Response from BearDev

Thank you, Anita!

Replied April 2019

Roberto

Industry: Computer Games

Best Joomla solution! It's a must have

Since 2015 we are using Joosmports in our website what has simplified the event (leagues/tournaments) managment.

Pros

It fulfills with what we expected. Flexible, adaptable and easy to use.

Cons

Visually it can be improved. Missing a nice Template for Joomla.

Response from BearDev

Thank you, Roberto!

Adrian

Great software, essential for running league fixtures and tables

The software has greatly reduced the time required between seasons to update the web site in preparation for the new season and has also simplified the processes surrounding regular update tasks during the season

Pros

Easy to use, much of the required functionality to update results and league tables removed the need for weeks of development of bespoke software to undertake the tasks of league management. Also allowed weekly admin tasks to be distributed amongst administrators

Cons

Upgrade process, it's not as seamless as some of the other Joomla software extensions I have used. The process of installing updated versions in test systems is not straight forwards either due to the linkage with the domain

Response from BearDev

Hi Adrian, Thank you for your feedback!

Gijs

Industry: Writing and Editing

Invaluable software for league sites

I use this software for at least five years and it has been a invaluable addition to my website about Belgian Tabletennis. Although the developer code could be enhanced a lot IMO, the software does what it is supposed to do. The one recent issue I had was resolved quite immediately by the helpdesk. The only thing I do miss is a tournament with returns (like final rounds in European Champions League of soccer).

Pros

The ease of use adding results to the website over different leagues via the "Today Matches"

Cons

No tournament with returns.

Response from BearDev

Hi Gijs, Thank you for your review! We've been lucky to have you as our customer! It is true that our knockout tournament requires some improvements to become more flexible (for example, set of matches for two competitors and additional stages for knocked out players) That is something we are planning to do in next releases. We'd like to notice that our product is also available on WordPress and Concrete5. We might also consider creating SAAS in future. Many thanks again, the BearDev development team.

Replied December 2016

Chas

Joomsport user

I have been using Joomsport since 2009/10 and it improves season upon season Any issue I have had has been quickly sorted out Good sportssoftware in acompetitive field

Pros

Easy to up re-sults Good customer support - always listed and respond Also good at developing request

Cons

I do not have a least like, although some of the features are note easy to understand Fixtures in back end do not automatically showin date order when they are amended If fixtures are uploaded for the whole season and then amended at a later date (ie new date) they can be difficult to find when you want to imput date

Response from BearDev

Hi Chas, Thank you VERY much for taking a minute to publish that review! We are honestly glad we have you as a customer. If we have a chance to cooperate with your league during the future seasons it will be really the big honor and achievement for us! Dmitry.

Oguz

Joomsport is one of my essential in most of my online web site projects, it's a solid product.

Everything that i need and beyond and still making progress in order to keep up to modern date era needs.

Pros

It's pretty solid whatever functionality they offer you certainly know that it'll work seamlessly w/o any problem. It does whatever it says on point and the developpers always behind the project and help you out in need of anything. If you're to run a sports league website, a competition website or e-sports website joomsport is a great quality product that i love using it and helping they improve on stuff to become even better and functional.

Cons

It has still a lot of progress to be made, i don't have anything that i like least but it still needs a lot of improvement and developpers are certainly trying to accomplish all.

Response from BearDev

Thank you, Oguz!

Replied June 2017