• icon"It definitely is a step up from using sheets to organize things. Used to be a fan when they actually had customer service now it has just been going down hill."
  • icon"I liked the convenience of being able to coordinate for our league and have them all in one place."
  • icon"Excellent customer service. Our rep has been there at every turn to help us set the program up to where we are getting the biggest bang for our buck."
  • icon"At the beginning of the season there was no way to upload the entire season schedule. Each game I had to manually load."
  • icon"Product enhancements and fixes are slow. Financial reporting, website presence and admin tools are poor."
  • icon"The mobile app for parents, coaches and players is cumbersome and often has bugs. This past year, SSUplay lost 7 days of our registration and website updates that were never recovered."

All SportsSignUp Play Reviews

Industry: Environmental Services

SI Play review

Pros

I love the fact that I can email,chat, etc. with the team. It allows parents to see the schedule, roster, and stats.

Cons

This software is good and I don;t have any cons.

Kelsy

lots of options once you figure out how to use it. not the most user friendly platform for admins.

ability to track info and communicate with masses quickly

Pros

SI Play app is the best part of the software. It's very user friendly for coaches and parents. Has group messaging capability built in. Notifications (reminders) for upcoming games and allows parents to commit. Has a team page with rosters (including player pics which kids and parents love), schedule, standings, and a photo section. The best part about the website is the text and email capability. Coaches can send out messages to the team through the website it will go email or text or both based on parent pref. League officials also have this capability which is excellent for cancellations, delays, or general updates. It also allows you to customize which groups receive the notifications (IE only 8u softball or only 7/8 and 9/10 baseball)

Cons

The website is not user friendly on desktop and is even more difficult on a mobile device. It takes people a while to get comfortable with especially if they aren't "techy." There are a lot of reports that you can customize but it's difficult to access so many people don't use it. If you just sit down and take the time to get familiar with the software it's great.

Rebecca

SSUPlay Review by youth non profit multi sport org

The company has changed hands and merged with other software companies multiple times. They have several platforms and do not intend to merge onto one. We are a large multi-sport youth organization.

Pros

Family Registration, some aspects of registration.

Cons

No mobile / app for admins. Product enhancements and fixes are slow. Financial reporting, website presence and admin tools are poor. Customer service takes 2-3 days to reply. The mobile app for parents, coaches and players is cumbersome and often has bugs. This past year, SSUplay lost 7 days of our registration and website updates that were never recovered. League Athletics was purchased by SSUPlay (which one of our programs use) and has never merged as promised. We have 2 of our 3 programs in SSUplay.

Reasons for choosing SportsSignUp Play

Our main reason was to have a one-stop shopping experience for our members and admin/board. It was our belief at the time that despite some shortcomings, it would be our answer to several struggles as an non-profit volunteer org. They were Sport Ngin at the time prior to Sports Illustrated Play. We worked closely with the support team regarding our needs. There were several items that were going to be added as enhancements that we were interested in.

Reasons for switching to SportsSignUp Play

We were in search of a more robust reporting and administrative tool that could support a large org and streamline process and reporting.

Jeff

October 2014

Tried several registrations systems and SportsSignup is the best!!!

I've helped run a local youth sports club for nearly 9 years. In that time I have tested and used several different online registration systems. Most have their own pros and cons and unfortunately many of them have cons (data privacy concerns, costs, ease of use, lack of admin security, hidden fees, etc.) that far outweigh the pros. At our club we have used SportsSignup for more than 8 years now. During that time our club has benefited from the continued development of the software that has added useful features to make our admin jobs much easier and quicker. As volunteers, saving time is always appreciated!!! SportsSignup allows us to handle registrations for all our sports. We register the players and the coaches. And since we are very concerned about the safety of our children, we use the KidSafe Background Check system to help verify that our coaches and other volunteers don't have questionable pasts. Since this system is tied right into the registrations, it is very simple for our volunteers to complete and easy for our Risk Management team to maintain. Our coaches love the TeamWall and the easyAlert system for keeping in touch with the parents of their players. It is very easy to keep up with the super important snack schedule as well as keeping track of game and practice changes or cancellations. Also, if you ever run into trouble or just have a question (or two) their tech support department is top notch. They are always friendly and eager to help. If they don't happen to know the answer or get stumped they are great at doing research and getting back to you with an answer. If a bug is found (which all software has bugs and SportsSignup on rare occasion will have one) they are quick to get it fixed (which is not true of all companies out there). By the way, SportsSignup has now introduced a new website component. You can now use their software to create your club website. It also now has game scheduling. Our club has not started using these two new features yet... but we plan to switch over by early next year (waiting for the seasons to end on a few of our big sports before changing over). SportsSignup has been a great fit for our multi-sport club. If you are looking for Registration software.... SportsSignup is worth considering. Our admin staff and parents would all highly recommend this software. It has made running our club much easier.

Robert

January 2009

Used for our LIJSL reg. this past year and what a time saver.We use to use a 4-part reg.form.Redundant time consuming paper work is replaced by on-line reg. that allows us to track divisions with simple click & drop time saving steps.Parent forms are no longer needed.Just a click of the mouse allows parents to agree to parent acknowledgement form.Coaches do'nt hunt down parents for signatures.Parents have access to the childs team to know who is on their team and the coaches contact info that they are always losing.Looking forward to this years reg. as returning players are already in the system and simply just need to click a button and make payment. Copy over rosters from this past season and make minor adjustments, not starting over from scratch.CC payments are directly deposited into our account. Do'nt have to wait for SportsSignUp to pay us.We had very few setup issues and the support team walked us thru the proccess every step of the way and ensured our complete satisfaction.

Pros

Easly tracks registrations counts, payable/receivables,e-mail blasts, formations of teams,ability to set registration dates,coordinators can view accounts/teams in real time to form teams or answer account questions. Easily send payment reminders to outstanding accounts.Our treasuer and registrar are able to work on the same tasks together from their own homes or seperately when convient to each individual.No longer need to meet at a convenient time and for long hours. Travel coordinator enjoys instant roster submisions to the LIJSL office for approval. Travel coaches are happy because they have instant access to league approved rosters and can print them out as needed for tournament and games days. They no longer have to fill out game day rosters each week or track down the travel coordinator to get league approved rosters. Player passes can be printed out from their own computer and just need the players to sign them. Background checks can be monitored and completed thru one system.

Cons

Minor gliches, but support team was fabulous in quick response and problem solving

Sharon

December 2008

We love the program. It certainly beats the handling of our registration on paper. The program has a lot of great features but it does take a little time and effort to make your set-up exactly the way you need it.

Pros

Excellent customer service. Our rep has been there at every turn to help us set the program up to where we are getting the biggest bang for our buck. We have had a little bit of trial and error, but are comfortable with the overall registration and team management process. Best features are the reports creation feature and the ability to connect with our registrants via email. Also, love the ease at which we can have our volunteers complete their background checks through their partner company.

Cons

There may be some features that may be included with the program, but we have just not been able to explore the possibilities yet. The Custom Questions set up is time consuming. Would be nice if you could enter all of your questions at one time. Be able to maintain inactive accounts and delete if there have been no registrations. See a complete history per account showing all orders ever placed and not just per season. I realize it's beyond their control, but the current credit card processing by the 3rd party company is horrible. Having these items clear our accounts on a daily basis is very frustrating. Would love to see them partner with a company to build a scheduling option into their program. We currently are having to use two separate program to meet our end result.

Rob

SI wrescked a very good app.

Pros

As long as what you need to do falls into the scope of the current platform, you should be OK. Unfortunately that platform is VERY narrow.

Cons

Absolute lack any more of problem-solving ability or any helpful modality that is not standard. SI dispensed with the old user forum which was the best way to exchange ideas and help. And the help desk is pretty much worthless, if you can even get them to respond.

I use this app to manage my 12 U softball team.

Pros

I like the group text/chat feature. I can also update scores, keep photos, and quickly manage game/practice time changes, etc.

Cons

I manage one team and have kids on 2 different teams. The app is constantly updating and notifying me of all changes and updated information. It can be kind of bothersome during the day. Also, when traveling the app updates games/practice schedules automatically by time zone. This can give you the wrong information if you are managing a team from a trip or vacation.

Lesley

October 2014

Madison Youth Football and Cheer Review

I am not the most tech savy user and I appreciate programs that are intuitive. However, that being said, if I can not figure it out on my own, then I know SportsSignup is a phone call away to assist in solving my issue. You all are knowledgeable and responsive and I greatly appreciate you. On a side note, my latest "issue" is as an administrator it is neccessary to receive a bcc: on all communications sent through the SportsSignup system. This is to ensure being aware of what is going on with the teams and alleviate any misinformation being distributed. Also, it would be helpful under print forms to have the documents listed individually, but also at the top of the documents one tab to select which would print the customizable forms registration packet that our organization requires. Our users are challenged to individually select each form needed and this would ensure ease of use and a complete packet printed.

Elizabeth

SIP

Pros

Cons

Sometimes if there was heavy volume it slowed down the updating.

February 2009

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

This is the best thing that has happened to soccer since Pele!

Pros

Sportssignup.com saves me about 50 extremely tedious hours of data entry each year! With the Sportssignup online registration system, parents of our 800 players enter the data for their child or children online, and I just download and export to Excel. The system is so easy to use and the few times I've had questions, their technical support representative assigned to our account has been ready with answers and easy-to-follow instructions. The system was so intuitive that we had a seamless changeover. Now they've updated the administrative dashboard and it's even easier to use! We used a different online company more than a year ago when we first went online. What a nightmare that was! When I called or emailed for tech support I had to wait days on end and I rarely got the same person twice in a row so I had to explain the problem again and again. The sportssignup system is so awesome I agreed to stay on as Registrar for another term!

Cons

The only downside is that there are still a few people who are reluctant to use the internet for registration.

Heather

Super Easy

Pros

Love how it made it easy to keep all my sons games and teams in order and us where we needed to be down to the exact field.

Cons

I do not have any cons regarding this app.

Save yourself the headache

Started out good. It definitely has more of a learning curve than other systems which was fine when you had someone who could help if need be. It has started frustrating me and my clients and has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Pros

Cons

Awful customer support. When we first purchased it was great. Now it is piss poor. No number to call the live chat system barely ever replies. And if it does it will be several days later. Now I see they added a schedule call feature. I missed picking up my scheduled call by one ring and had to schedule another for 2 days later. I am disappointed in the direction they are going especially since the competition is getting better.

Garry

IEBP

Over all I'm very satisfied what sports engine provides to its customers

Pros

I love the ability to post then read other program information. It's very user friendly N it easy to update

Cons

There's really nothing I really do not like about the program But I do wish I had more options to add more categories

Barry

Features that you use, but set up is difficult.

I found this service an affordable option with a great mobile application we could provide to our members for easy communication.

Pros

This service has multiple levels of service and design help. We found once the service was set up and a couple of people trained that we were able to provide an excellent service to our members. The cost was affordable. We were able to update remotely with a web browser on a mobile phone for most ordinary tasks. The mobile application we were able to provide our members allowed for us to maintain excellent communication. We loved how SI Play teamed up with Squad Locker to provide merchandise to our members without the need to have an employee spending hours taking orders and delivering the products.

Cons

We found that if you do not have web site design experience that you will have a very difficult time setting this service up. But, the sales representative was very helpful in getting the site up and running. I have an accounting background and found the financial reporting and collection of payments to be an afterthought of the service, it works, but it's not as refined as the rest of the service.

Marvin

Use to be good - now you are brutal in every way.

Sice SI took over they whole product has gone down hill - I use to love this product and now I despise using it. The only thing that works efficiently is LeagueAthletics sending me a bill.

Pros

There is nothing that I like about this product anymore.

Cons

Support in non-existent. Software fails all the time. The mobile app is junk too - un usable.

Reasons for choosing SportsSignUp Play

SI took over a good product and turned it into cow manure.

Reasons for switching to SportsSignUp Play

At the time - ease of use. Now I hate it.

Jim

November 2008

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers.

I recommend Sports Sign Up to anyone who needs to lighten the load for their volunteers through the registration process and team management. I also found that the competive pricing for this service to be very reasonable. Onward and upward.

Pros

The customer service provided by Peter Hall is the most hands on I personally have ever encountered. All my questions (which were many) were answered in a swift manner and 100% were solved. I am also impressed with the relative ease of the software program to send the divisions different information when needed. Our board members have commented to me that Sports Signup has brought our organization to a new level. All that was at one time complicated and doomed is now right. What Peter Hall single handedly has done for Dedham Youth Basketball is to make the registration process easy and efficient. I can't thank him enough! No more headaches.

Cons

There have been none.

Brian

July 2016

Better product than SportNgin and all their competitors combined

It's a really robust (online) management software...gets every task done from registration to websites and apps.

Josh