• icon"The app feature is a fantastic element to the scheduling platform and what makes it worth while for us."
  • icon"Uploading game schedules is easy. This is user friendly for all our players and families to find their game schedules and standings."
  • icon"Thapos is built for a true power user. Were I a regional administrator, I may have responded with more enthusiasm."
  • icon"I needed an opt out for our candy sales this year. This caused a lot of trouble for us and we had to create something that was very confusing for folks as they register."
  • icon"This product is difficult to navigate and change."
  • icon"The mobile app is unavailable. This is very disappointing."

All SportsPlus Reviews

Emily

Turned out to be a good decision to go with SportsPlus

Now everybody in the club uses SportsPlus. SportsPlus saved us a lot of money by giving us a good payment processing rate.

Pros

We have been using SportsPlus for about a year. Other than a few minor issues, overall, it is working well for us. Now all the coaches adopted it, and they use it regularly. The scheduling part works well. The organization schedulers add the schedules, then the team coaches can independently manage them on their own. Also, the team app and mobile app comes for free. Now all the teams are using the mobile app. As an admin, it gives me full control over all the teams.

Cons

Nothing much. Initially, during the first few weeks, we had a few minor issues which were addressed by the support. We need to customize certain email message templates which they are going to provide. I wish there are most templates for the website.

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

Overall it's a good value. It's an all-inclusive product with a simple pricing model. It covers everybody in the organization.

Reasons for switching to SportsPlus

It was old and not up to date.

Ron

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

City Parks & Rec department review of SportsPlus

We use SportsPlus to organize our City Park & Recreation programming from adult and youth sports leagues, classes, camps and events. We did not have an online registration or payment system until SportsPlus, we were using Excel and Outlook to communicate and manage our programs. SportsPlus has allowed us to manage over 2200 athletes, 10 sports leagues some in both youth and adult (football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, baseball, lacrosse, dodge-ball, corn-hole and pickle-ball), 40 summer camps, and over 40 classes with 3 different administrators not to mention about 200 coaches and volunteers. SportsPlus has made all the above possible with only 2 full time employees because of what this program can do.

Pros

SportsPlus offers it's entire programming at a good cost, it does not nickle and dime you to death with having to purchase modules. It does everything that a sports program should do like take online registration and payment, organize staff, athletes, teams, games, practices and events. Then if offers more like reminders to parents, coaches and referees of games or practices and up coming events, the system even offers athlete fitness levels and parents able to volunteer for game snacks or car pooling and if you don't need that feature, you can turn them on or off with a button. The programmers are always willing to help and improve the system they get a 5 star rating for customer service. SportsPlus also have an app which allows parents and coaches information right on the field, I even make my coaches use the mobile app to give the referees the roster prior to games so no more "I forgot the roster at home" and the system can be locked down to where only admin can add players to teams, there is even a player card section. They added a section for me to assign referees to games, they even made it to where my referees get reminder emails with the parents and coaches for games. It is the only program you need. They know that people are navigating toward mobile devices and apps they have been working on improving their app to stay ahead of the curve, the parents can view all their kids schedules (even subscribe to their SportsPlus calendar all their kids schedules in 1 place)

Cons

Just like every sports application program it took some time to get familiar with, it was not easy, but the programmers made huge improvements to the system over the last year and a half to make things easier. Even with the extra time it took to get familiar with SportsPlus, once you have it down it was worth the time you save by only having to use the 1 program for everything.

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

Price for service, for the price there was nothing even close to what SportsPlus was offering. Others were close but did not offer the services that SportPlus did and their price went up to get the services added that SportsPlus offers in its simple pricing.

SportsPlus purchased League Pro

Terry

May 2022

Better Customer Support

I like teh product but with better customer support the product would get 4s and 5s.

Pros

The software is great! Easy to use for the most part.

Cons

Customer support has been very difficult. The same agent helps every time when he is available. Support is unavailable to help per issue so you have to schedule live tutorials. Customer service never calls you back!!

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

processing fees and layout of software

Jonathan

August 2022

Year end review

It was good once I learned the program, but it took time. Something helpful would be more videos on the features of the program to walk us through how to most effectively design a baseball program.

Pros

The ability to register many different age groups and teams. The way it processes payments is fantastic.

Cons

Special features in the registration process. I needed an opt out for our candy sales this year. This caused a lot of trouble for us and we had to create something that was very confusing for folks as they register. It would have been nice to have a clickable button to opt in or opt of out our candy sale and have the check out price reflect that. I also wish that parents could register on the site then register their kids for a program once they were logged in. I would very much like a phone conversation about these two things.

This has an app

Wendy

Sports Plus - Incredible Value and Easy to Use

We’ve had a great experience. App is user friendly.

Pros

We are a baseball organization and I enter 75 or more teams a season. Uploading game schedules is easy. This is user friendly for all our players and families to find their game schedules and standings.

Cons

I wish it was easier to add scores in on an iPhone. When I go into schedules and updates scores from my phone, the list or games doesn’t show the teams. You have to click to see which teams. I’m sure it has to do with too much info on screen for an iPhone. Often if I am adding one score I have to click on several score buttons to find the right team to enter. Minor thing. I just like to enter as they come in instead of doing it once.

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

We chose this as we have so many teams in our league and this was easier for our players and teams to find their schedules. Plus it gave us an area for news and documents. We liked the overall look and customization that came with this.

Reasons for switching to SportsPlus

The old platform version we had was being phased out.

Greg

All about Sports

The software program has served our association well. The app connects all of our members to their account and personalizes their experience. The software developers at SportsPlus have provided great support along the way and tailored features to suit our needs better.

Pros

SportsPlus is easy to use and suits our organization well. The app is great for teams, coaches, players, administrators.

Cons

The transition from one season to the next may be easier to accomplish.

Excellent personal service

Tammy

Sports App that is Easy to Use and Manage

This app has made it simple and easy to communicate and schedule all information for our parents and players. It is very helpful to have all of the organizations information in one place. The mobile app continues to improve making it simple to have information on the go.

Pros

All of my team scheduling can be done in one place and I can see the entire organization's schedule . This helps with communication and tracking attendance for practice and games. I can easily move players from one team to the other with the click of a button.

Cons

The inability to set new default settings. No process to delete old information.

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

I was able to get what I needed at a less cost.

Julie

SportsPlus

Pros

The customer service is great. They get right back to you. They are very good at taking your suggestions to make your experience with the software positive.

Cons

Can be hard to find how to change a option. But customer service responds quickly yo help you.

Tyronne

February 2022

Movement of PAID Accounts

Pros

The Calendar schedule the registration of players that get imported to the correct teams

Cons

We need the feature that if a PAID PLAYER has registered in the wrong group, you need the function to transfer this entire profile to the destination Group to include the fees that have been paid. You allow it for a user that has not paid to be transferd. Also When you move that account it removes itself completely from the source team and appears in the destination team ( A COMEPLETE TRANSFER OF RECORDS ) Need this option ASAP. SportsConnect allowed for thiss.

Reasons for switching to SportsPlus

More features with videos and Players accounts

Response from Thapos

Dear Tyronne, Thank you for sharing your SportsPlus experience. I sending your feature request (the ability to transfer a player) to the product team. We will let you know when the feature is made available. Thanks, SportsPlus Team

Replied February 2022

Mihailo

SportsPlus review

Pros

This app is very intresting for me, and have a lot of functions like Field Reservation or Player Registration, try it!

Cons

You need more marketing investment, for more customers, and then software will be more useful.

Senior League

Sports Plus team works aggressively to resolve issues when they are identified and is very open to enhancements to the overall program that lend itself to help make a better product.

Pros

The reason we decided to switch to Sports Plus was, it was the one software that offered complete management of our league, from people to schedules and asset management. It also allowed us to tie in a robust Website into all the other functions the software allows.

Cons

Took a little time to adjust to a new way of doing things and the fact that the software target users were parents and kids, where we are all senior citizens with in some cases little to no computer understanding.

Reasons for choosing SportsPlus

The biggest reason was Sports Plus wiliness to help us transition the 20 years of information we already had and adapting the programs to better suit our needs.

Reasons for switching to SportsPlus

We reached other software for a year prior to choosing Sports Plus and found no other software was as comprehensive in all the different aspects of League Management.

Adrian

Good Service

Good software

Pros

Easy to use and fast and convenient. Import of schedule works great

Cons

Playofff Brackets can’t make changes once games at set.

Good service

Kevin

November 2022

Great software. Backbone of my organization

The SportsPlus app has been a godsend for my organization. It’s ease of use and comprehensive features has made it invaluable.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the customer servise

Cons

It was slightly intimidating at first glance.

Nicholas

Understanding software

It was pretty easy until I started getting error messages and I would contact someone and wouldn't get a response back.

Pros

Setting up my program to use has been good

Cons

The ease of use isn't as easy as I thought it would be

the cost