All SwimTopia Reviews

Great program

Heidi

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Swimtopia has been great for us, and getting better!

Generally great and we'll stick with it!

PROS

We chose Swimtopia for our Summer Rec Swim Team ( a non profit, al volunteer board) a few years ago and have loved it ever since. The features are perfect for our needs. On occasion we have asked the company to provide additional features and it seems like we weren't the only ones asking because it happened! Customer support is great via the help articles and emails and by contacting the company. We utilized meet maestro last year for virtual meets and will try to get out league to convert to meet maestro this year too. Overall a great product for our needs.

CONS

slight learning curve on navigation but help articles are handy. A little clunky with the process for uploading and linking files but doable once you get the routine.

Reason for choosing SwimTopia

It seemed more user friendly

Thanks so much for the review Heidi! We're glad to have simplified running your team and meets, and so happy to hear you've been getting good support. I hope we get to work with your league on Meet Maestro this year! Elli, Director of Sales & Marketing

Robert

Pinecrest Swim Team and GDSA First Year Review

Swimtopia allowed our teams and league to go paperless. Instead printing and filling out several forms for everyone swimmer, the information was kept online. It made the teams more efficient.

PROS

The user friendly enviroment. This was our leagues first year using Swimtopia. Everytime team, coaches, computer scorers and board members enjoyed using the software. It made everyone's job easier.

CONS

Software could not handle preliminary/final type swim meet. Also, did not have circle seeding. This caused us to use another product to run our championship.

Reason for choosing SwimTopia

Cost, Ease of Use and Setup, Customer Service, and Made for Swim Teams.

Reasons for switching to SwimTopia

Since Meet Maestro was already included with Swimtopia and cost to league.

Thanks for the review Robert! We're glad to hear we made people's jobs easier this year. We definitely plan to add more comprehensive meet management features to handle all types of meets in future. Thanks, Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Handles most of what we are looking for in an app

PROS

When our previous website provider shutdown, I dreaded having to create a site from scratch. Swimtopia has a great deal of customizable options and tools that made creating and maintaining the site a breeze. I do like that every year, it seems to get better and better, showing that they are trying to make improvements.

CONS

Registration does not allow us as much flexibility as I'd like. For example, adding t-shirt size became a free-form field rather than allowing a customized drop down of options. This created a good bit of duplicate work as we had to research and follow up on non-standard answers. Communication is not as friendly as I would like. Our previous software had the ability to see open rates for emails, which, while admittedly not perfect, gave a better sense of whether the message was received. Better mobile usage would be helpful, particularly, the communication tool, so communications could be faster, for example, rain delays, cancellations, etc. Texting would be nice to have as well.

Old provider shutdown

Thanks so much for the review Mark! I can send you some info that will help you with the concerns you had. We have a great way to get your t-shirt sizes during registration and we now offer convenient push notifications through our free mobile app for alerts to your team members about weather delays and the like. I'll send you some references to our Help Center articles! Elli, Director of Sales & Marketing

Susan

The coach loves it

PROS

The coach really likes using it for the meet features. Customizing the pages is super easy and lots of options.

CONS

The registration set up is missing some options that were easier and needed on or previous software. Emailing could be better too. As an admin I would want to see all emails sent. Duplication has occurred because of not seeing that.

Reasons for switching to SwimTopia

The new coach wanted to because he was used to it

Thanks for the constructive feedback Susan, our customer input is so important for shaping our road map. We'll keep working on our registration and communication features. We're glad to hear your coaches are enjoying it so much! Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Heather

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2020

Muirfins swim with SwimTopia!

For a summer swim team, SwimTopia does provide the best variety of applications/uses that are needed to easily, and simply, organize and run the swim team.

PROS

Our team has been using SwimTopia for years and it makes the interaction between all of our volunteer and paid employees very easy. We are able to very easily run our summer-only swim team through the site and services that are included with the SwimTopia software. We appreciate the ease of use, as well as the little extras that make running a yearly swim team much easier than you would expect.

CONS

Would love to be able to more easily incorporate items in the Team Store that we have and would really like to incorporate more pictures and photo galleries. Even be able to have parents contributing pictures.

Thanks for the review Heather! We are so glad to hear we've simplified things for your swim team. Thanks for the feedback about the team store and the photos. Our Customer Happiness Team should be able to help you with adding items to the team store, there is a lot of flexibility there. You can reach them at help@swimtopia.com. For the photos, we don't currently have plans to add a photo gallery feature because there are many great free options out there for our teams (most use Facebook, Instagram, or Shutterfly). We want to focus our development resources on more swim specific features that teams can't find elsewhere. But we're always adding features, and we prioritize based on customer feedback, so we'll be adding your vote for this feature to our requests! Thanks and all the best, Elli Elli Overton Director, Sales & Marketing

Replied December 2020

Amy

Reviewed May 2018

Swimtopia has helped me immensely with my job as team coordinator! Couldn't do my job without it!

PROS

I like that Swimtopia handles the core functions of swim team management very well without a ton of extraneous features that you have to pay for and end up turning off or ignoring. Teams with 50-200 swimmers don't need enterprise-level software, and Swimtopia is just right for summer and school teams. It is intuitive, which makes bringing on new administrative volunteers very easy. I have never heard a complaint from our parents on where to find information, either!

CONS

The only drawback is some of the reporting and the mobile app for admins could be better, but those are minor complaints.

Thanks for the feedback Amy, we're glad SwimTopia helps you in your job as team coordinator! We are working on adding more mobile app features and have plans to enhance reporting in future also! Thanks, Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Elsa

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2016

SwimTopia sets the bar!!

Our summer swim team, Muirfins Swim Team (www.muirfins.com) is entering it's 2nd season with SwimTopia and there aren't enough superlatives to describe how amazing this platform is! PROS: - extremely easy to set-up and maintain - very flexible regarding customization - swimmer registration management is effortless & customizable - fees collections/deposits are fully integrated, simplifying life for our treasurer - meet declarations & entries are very easy for parents & coaches, respectively - online team store management is amazingly easy, allowing us to offer far more items with far less effort; we doubled our sales in our first year with SwimTopia because it was so easy to offer and manage more items - board and volunteer management is super easy - predefined reports cover every need, seriously every need - mobile app is very nice, allowing parents to see their children's progress over every year partcipation; your swimmer's PRs are at your fingertips!! - website administrators love the ease of using the SwimTopia platform (I have been the Muirfins webmaster for the past 4 years and I am so very impressed with SwimTopia). We migrated from Eteamz platform which was as painful to use as SwimTopia is easy. - you don't have to be a tech wizard to use SwimTopia; this is very important. When we were with Eteamz, I couldn't pay anyone to take over my volunteer webmaster job. With Swimtopia, I have 2 other volunteers taking over as co-webmasters, our VP and Meet Director maintain the schedule and volunteer job set-up, our apparel person maintains the Team Store, etc. The work is truly distributed - no more volunteer webmaster hell for me. CON: - SwimTopia needs a subscribable calendar! This is a must and I've been told it's coming. If TeamTopia (SwimTopia's parent co.) were to expand to support other sports, e.g. high school track & field, I'd migrate our team's site tomorrow. Ideally, I'd like to see TeamTopia develop a platform that can be used by high schools to support every sport (each coach/booster group maintaining their respective site). Our high school AD is currently looking for such a platform.

Intuitive and evolving software

The support staff are phenomenal to work with, and the software is great for small to medium sized teams.

PROS

This is extremely easy to use, which is particularly useful in the swim team industry where most users are volunteers, and many have little or no computer software skills. This is simple to use from day one, especially compared to the main competitor in the industry, which is cumbersome and overly complex

CONS

This is still a newer software with some advanced still needed, particularly on the Meet Maestro component, which is used to run a swim meet. There are some feature enhancements needed to be at parity with their competitors, of which the company is aware and is working on.

Reasons for switching to SwimTopia

The products are complex, limited, and very out of date.

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your feedback and will keep working to add features and functionality that teams need and expect. Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Rachel

Effective, reasonably priced Swim Team Software

We have been able to implement online registration with a credit card which has helped some parents to pay on time. We have used the merchandise ordering feature.

PROS

Price is reasonable. It works to do what we need it to. Customer service is very responsive.

CONS

The reporting features for labels. I have to hand write labels when we import data as it doesn't go to the reporting feature, it goes to the Meet Maestro area which doesn't have the imported data.

Reasons for switching to SwimTopia

Our league administrators changed to Swimtopia.

Thanks for the review Rachel. I'm glad to hear that SwimTopia has streamlined some processes for your team. We've noted your concern about labels and hope to better solve for that in future. Thanks, Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Erica

Reviewed May 2018

Swimtopia has made it very easy to organize and communicate with our swim team.

Easy to organize a large team. Easy communication tools. Love the templates for volunteer jobs. I also like that I can sort athletes by age, gender, etc.

PROS

The communication tool is very easy to use. I like that I am able to pick specific groups to email. I also like that I can create templates for volunteer jobs one time and use them over and over. Such a time saver!

CONS

It would be nice if there was a paypal option for registration instead of using the current payment option. Right now we collect checks or cash.

We're so happy to hear we're saving you some time and effort Erica! We integrated with PayPal in the past but we had customer service complaints and the lack of integration offered by that platform meant that people were abandoning their registration forms. It wasn't a good fit for us. Happy to chat to you more about this offline. I'll reach out. Thanks so much for the feedback! Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Elizabeth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great system for coaches AND parents

Fantastic system.

PROS

I stepped into a head coach role really not knowing the administration side of running a team. I was pretty worried with everything about to start. But then I found how user friendly SwimTopia was. The site provides coaches with all resources needed to have a successful season. The parents can easily find and search for things. It is easy to explain, and overall a great website. Thank you, SwimTopia!

CONS

I didn’t like how the reports system works.

Thanks for the review Elizabeth. So glad to hear SwimTopia smoothed the way for you! Please send specific feature suggestions about reports to our Customer Happiness Team at help@swimtopia.com. We log every suggestion and it helps shape our future road map! We appreciate the feedback. Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Johanna

Reviewed March 2021

Great Software Program

Overall it has been a great experience. It is a much smoother process to schedule/seed swim meets, upload results, and have families and athletes check in or sign up for events.

PROS

What I really like about this software program - is that it is a central place for athletes and their families to see any updates or changes in our schedule, any news posted, or to 'check in' with their times and scores from previous meets. Another feature I like about this software is - that admin can upload meet schedules or meet templates; then swimmers can sign up and even suggest what they would like to swim, parents can volunteer for the meets, and coaches have an even easier job seeding the meet than they would with paper and pencil.

CONS

Some of the meet result formats (sent from other teams) are not supported - and you don't know this until you go to upload them onto Swimtopia. Even though you believe it is in the right format (.hy3, .zip, etc.) it still is not supported through their site. But, on the plus side, each time this has happened - a Swimtopia associate has helped convert the file and completed the process for me.

Thanks so much for the review Johanna. I'm glad to hear we've simplified and centralized things for your team. We've added a lot of file import/export capabilities in the last 6-8 months. Hopefully we handle the file type you're referring too more smoothly now! https://www.swimtopia.com/improved-file-importing-features/ Best, Elli, Director of Sales & Marketing

Replied March 2021

Kim

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Swimtopia makes team management easy

Wonderful! I’m new to using team management software - for years, used many, many spreadsheets to keep track of payments, contacts, kids shirt sizes, etc. Swimtopia has made my volunteer job super easy!! And their help team is AMAZING!!

PROS

This software is very user friendly. This is the first team management tool I’ve used & it’s easy to pick up. Any questions I’ve had have been answered in a matter of hours. Super impressed with the product.

CONS

Wish there was a feature to check sent emails (see who has opened emails that system has sent).

Thanks so much for the review and for sharing your feature suggestion Kim. We'll keep that in mind for the future. We're always glad to hear we're making the job easier for swim volunteers! Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Replied November 2018

Doug

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Finally a meet and team management software for the casual user

We picked SwimTopia over the other team/meet management software options last summer. It seemed almost too good to be true but it lived up to every expectation. It was so much easier to use than the most popular competitor and much more feature rich than other options. I encourage any club who is tired of software that requires an “expert” user to consider this.

PROS

Extremely user friendly Intuitive interface Quality help documentation EASY TO USE!

CONS

Better support for “deck entries” Subscription model may have be up costing more long term, depending on how often the alternative software is updated

Reason for choosing SwimTopia

Better combination of features weighed against cost.

Reasons for switching to SwimTopia

Old software was out of date and cost to value made it worthwhile.

Thanks so much for the review Doug! We love to hear we're making life easier for swim team volunteers. We have the ability to add deck entries on our roadmap for Meet Maestro for the future! Elli, Director of Sales & Marketing

Kevin

Sports, 11-50 employees

Swimtopia

Excellent for managing swim team. Easy for users to navigate.

PROS

Easy to manage people, meets, and volunteers

CONS

Website is not mobile friendly. App is limited. Everyone uses smartphones please make the site mobile friendly or responsive!

Reason for choosing SwimTopia

Volunteer management, meet signup, team store

Thanks so much for the review Kevin. We'll definitely keep working on the mobile aspect! Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Peter

Reviewed May 2018

Our team transitioned to SwimTopia last summer and it has made the managing of swimmers much easier!

PROS

The capability of this software has made it much simpler and easier for the coaches to manage the swimmers and lineups. Parent volunteer signups has also been streamlined through this software.

CONS

Information on using the software is still a work in progress and could use significant improvement. The learning curve isn't that horrible, but it would be nice to have a user manual of some sort.

Glad to hear we're streamlining swim team management for your team Peter! Thanks for the feedback! We have an online Help Center (help.swimtopia.com), rather than a "user manual" that we're constantly adding to. Please send us more specifics on topics you'd like more info on and we'll be sure to add to it. Thanks, Elli Director, Sales & Marketing

Sean

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2016

SwimTopia is great for Registration and Meet Sign Ups

As a coach and administrator the website takes care of our Summer League Registration and We can monitor swim meet registration. We can pick out the few who are not in or out and give them a call to see if they are in for the meet. Relays are easily made with the site too, automatically putting together the relay orders for a 300 swimmer team greatly reduces the time for the coaches use to spend putting the teams together. SwimTopia has been a great Tool for our swim team.

PROS

Reports, Meet Sign Ups, Relay assignments, Registration

CONS

None, any issues we have had with the software have been addressed promptly.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees